PDA

View Full Version : Hydrophase Ridesteady

Jason.H.
07-23-2012, 03:57 PM
I could really use a cruise control system and perfect pass seems to be what everyone is using. however, I saw a thread about this system on wakeboarder.com and was wondering if anyone on here has or is using it. It looks pretty nice to me.

dvdqrn
07-23-2012, 11:42 PM
It just seem wrong. Just the fact they use a paddle wheel make them already outdated...

Retoxtony
07-23-2012, 11:51 PM
I'm interested in this too. Seems like its a decent system from what I've read on some of the wakeboarding forums. I haven't heard how it stacks up against the paddlewheel version of perfect pass for wakeboarding and surfing though. I really need some type of cruise in my boat but not sure if I can justify the price of Stargazer since I'd like to upgrade the boat in a year or two.

lettmeknow
07-24-2012, 12:08 AM
I've read it's good. Not for slalom but for wakeboarding it's good to go.

76S&S
07-24-2012, 09:45 AM
I have an older version of PP that utilizes the paddle wheel, no issues or complaints with the paddle wheel here.

Stritt
07-24-2012, 10:11 AM
Simple sometimes is better. Installed a StarGazer 2 months ago, went out last week and could not get GPS Data.....Called Perfect Pass on the lake and couldn't complete warranty claim because they needed a Credit Card which was at home....Never had an issue with the paddle wheels on the boats we previously owned.

Thanks for bringing this up, I need to get the claim completed.

kskonn
07-24-2012, 10:15 AM
nothing wrong with a paddle wheel system, works better if you are boarding in a river with a current.

Jason.H.
07-24-2012, 10:25 AM
Yeah I have read the pros and cons of gps vs. paddle wheel and think that for me either would be more than adequate and the paddle wheel system is cheaper. hmm, decisions decisions..
Its ok stritt I think procrastination get the best of us all most of the time! haha

Retoxtony
07-24-2012, 12:04 PM
So any of you guys with the paddle wheel version of PP use it with a heavily weighted boat for boarding and surfing? I was told it doesn't work well for those applications.

Cary K.
07-24-2012, 12:09 PM
So any of you guys with the paddle wheel version of PP use it with a heavily weighted boat for boarding and surfing? I was told it doesn't work well for those applications.

I have paddle wheel PP in my 2001 Star, and it works flawlessly no matter how much weight I run.

76S&S
07-24-2012, 12:43 PM
I have paddle wheel PP in my 2001 Star, and it works flawlessly no matter how much weight I run.

Same here, we run around 2,000 lbs when on the water either wake or surf.

kskonn
07-24-2012, 01:30 PM

I had the paddle wheel version on my 03 X30 and it worked well for surfing and boarding at all speeds. I replaced the paddle wheel when I bought the boat and it had no issues for the 2years that I owned. The guy who owns it now still has not had issues. The paddle wheel was cheap to replace.