PDA

View Full Version : 2008 X14 Ballast Breaker

Ironhorse
07-23-2012, 09:55 AM
Does anyone know where the breaker panel for the KGB ballast pump is located?

Thanks!

mramerman@gmail.com
07-23-2012, 11:37 AM
I would love to know the answer to this too. My KGB has stopped working. Several calls to my dealer could not answer this question. Anxious to learn to see if this fixes it.

gts-20
07-23-2012, 04:28 PM
Does anyone know where the breaker panel for the KGB ballast pump is located?

Thanks!

Our '08 PS214 came equiped with the X-14 ballast package. There is a fiberglass pannel below the dash, right above where you rest your feet while sitting at the helm. Remove it, the ballast timer system and breakers are mounted there.

MCVOLS
07-23-2012, 05:12 PM
Our '08 PS214 came equiped with the X-14 ballast package. There is a fiberglass pannel below the dash, right above where you rest your feet while sitting at the helm. Remove it, the ballast timer system and breakers are mounted there.
You can also get to the back side by removing the stbd bow cushion. May give you a little more room.

Ironhorse
07-23-2012, 06:35 PM
I checked the switches under the panel near my feet and they were all marked but nothing was marked for the ballast. I will check again.

Thanks

gts-20
07-23-2012, 06:57 PM
I checked the switches under the panel near my feet and they were all marked but nothing was marked for the ballast. I will check again.

Thanks

This isn't my boat, but its the best pic I could find. See the white textured panel under the helm? On our '08 PS214, that is how you access the ballast breakers and timers. Its not easy, there isn't much room. Like someone said before, you can access the backside of the same area by removing the starboard bow cushion.

mramerman@gmail.com
07-23-2012, 09:30 PM

Thanks

This isn't my boat, but its the best pic I could find. See the white textured panel under the helm? On our '08 PS214, that is how you access the ballast breakers and timers. Its not easy, there isn't much room. Like someone said before, you can access the backside of the same area by removing the starboard bow cushion.

I can’t find any reference to “ballast” in that panel under the dash either...

mramerman@gmail.com
07-30-2012, 02:53 PM
Crawled all through my boat this weekend. There are no breakers labeled ballast on the x14v panel under the helm station. I located the two ballast pumps for Port / Starboard in the engine compartment behind the motor. I looked to see if I could find any in-line fuses that are accessible, with no success.

I called my dealer twice and got two wrong answers---anyone with any insight here would be greatly appreciated.

My KGB never worked after de-winterizing for this season.

gts-20
07-30-2012, 05:50 PM
Crawled all through my boat this weekend. There are no breakers labeled ballast on the x14v panel under the helm station. I located the two ballast pumps for Port / Starboard in the engine compartment behind the motor. I looked to see if I could find any in-line fuses that are accessible, with no success.

I called my dealer twice and got two wrong answers---anyone with any insight here would be greatly appreciated.

My KGB never worked after de-winterizing for this season.

thats strange. I watched the MC dealer tech check the breakers for our DD214 under the helm.

The KGB (front) pump on our boat is accessed through the floor hatch, in the picture, between the helm and oberserver seats. There is a valve right next to the pump. My dealer closes those valves during winterization.

mramerman@gmail.com
07-30-2012, 06:13 PM
thats strange. I watched the MC dealer tech check the breakers for our DD214 under the helm.

The KGB (front) pump on our boat is accessed through the floor hatch, in the picture, between the helm and oberserver seats. There is a valve right next to the pump. My dealer closes those valves during winterization.

Yes, I do know where the KGB and valve is. Maybe the pumps are tied into something else like bilge and that is how it is labeled now.

Do you know if your ballast pumps are all tied into the same breaker (three pumps on breaker)?

gts-20
07-30-2012, 06:30 PM
Yes, I do know where the KGB and valve is. Maybe the pumps are tied into something else like bilge and that is how it is labeled now.

Do you know if your ballast pumps are all tied into the same breaker (three pumps on breaker)?

I just emailed the service manager @ Texas Ski Ranch (the MC dealer that services our boat) about this. This was his response:

"Timers are mounted behind the white drivers kick panel under the
dash mounted to the floor, on some of the boats they are a pain to reach
since they are mounted VERY close to the front of the cutout."

hope this helps.

mramerman@gmail.com
07-30-2012, 07:12 PM
I just emailed the service manager @ Texas Ski Ranch (the MC dealer that services our boat) about this. This was his response:

hope this helps.

Thanks for this tip. I will look at home tonight to see if I can identify.

mramerman@gmail.com
07-30-2012, 10:46 PM

hope this helps.

Have thoroughly looked throughout the compartment behind the kick panel. There are a lot of inline fuses (perfect pass for example). Can't identify anything for ballast.

I am going to succumb and take it to the dealer. :(

Ironhorse
07-31-2012, 01:26 PM
There is nothing under my panel as well. Mramerman-let me know if you locate yours and i will do the same.

gts-20
07-31-2012, 03:42 PM
I found this link showing the pannel:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MasterCraft-Ballast-Harness-Kit-214-07-08-control-module-panel-/280777132152#ht_80wt_1045

I hope this helps.

mramerman@gmail.com
07-31-2012, 10:59 PM
THANKS GTS-20!!! The module is a Jabsco Ballast Control part # 240 03719-H.

It is mounted to the floor at the bottom of the panel, behind the kick-plate. It is obscured by lots of other wiring; however, you can easily push it around to find it.

Now to figure out where the switches are.

Here is a link to the manual:

http://www.xylemflowcontrol.com/files/itemdoc158771.pdf

Let me know if you figure out the breaker.