PDA

View Full Version : I Hate Fords!!!!!

imracin68j
07-22-2012, 12:07 AM
I put the new gt heads on and I WISH I would have left the Diz in because now I can't get it in. It has an alan bolt of what ever comes out of a ford shaft is lifted out and wedged to one side. I can't get the distributer all the way down. I was able to get the distributer actually on the alan bolt but I wouldn't drop. Reminds me of why I would never buy a ford.

Help?

imracin68j
07-22-2012, 12:46 AM
Can I yank the pan without pulling the motor?

imracin68j
07-22-2012, 05:13 AM
After 6 hours I pulled it off at 2 am. It was the clip jammed up in there. I got the clip freed up which means it ended up on the bottom of the pan and the shaft sunk into it's slot. There is no way I'm yanking that pan for that clip. It's a 30 thousands small retainer that will more likely ride at the bottom of the pan. My engine builder who use to work at Ford said that it was protocol to leave it in the pan when they fell out.

I still hate Fords.

Double D
07-22-2012, 09:56 AM
Tell us how you really feel... :) Sorry to hear about your struggles. I don't own Fords so can't help.

Sent from Never Neverland using my iPhone 4 on Tapatalk

SeaCup
07-22-2012, 11:54 PM
Glad you got it worked out.

Can I yank the pan without pulling the motor?

I also needed to remove the pan on my 351w recently so I checked with a couple mechanics and marine repair shops and was told that it just could not be done without pulling the engine. So I figured they were all wrong and decided I'd give it a shot. Truth be told if I had access to a gentry lift I would recommend that route but if you really want to do it yourself it is possible! I removed all accessories from the front of the engine and the transmission. Raised the front motor mounts up and used bottle jacks to get the rear up. To my surprise the engine balances in place very well. It was very easy to rotate it forward and let it rest on the front of the exhaust manifolds allowing me to remove the pan. After I was finished with my work in the bottom end it was not difficult at all to rotate it back onto the jacks and get the transmission back on.

Dino Don
07-23-2012, 12:50 PM
Well--live and learn!