PDA

View Full Version : Mastercraft Cruise

Skyskiguy
07-21-2012, 11:36 PM
I know there are a million threads about this already, but I can't seem to find one that will help me solve my issues.
Also, I know, go spend another grand and install PP - but I'm not in a position to do that right now.
So, here's the situation:
New to me '06 X30.
I can get Mastercraft cruise to work properly in the Manual mode (throttle up to desired speed and hold ON, it engages and RPM can be adjusted up or down using + or -).
Also, MPH mode works properly (hold ON, set desired MPH, thottle up past set speed and it kicks in) but set point will only go as low as 10 mph - and everything I have read says it should go down to 5 mph. 10 is just a bit too fast to surf on my wake. Is it a programming thing? Should my dealer be able to correct that?
RPM mode won't work properly - after turning on in RPM mode, setting the desired RPM set point, it flashes "PULL". What does that mean? I tried throttling up past my selected RPM set point but it will not engage.
Any techs out there who can help me?
Thanks.

Skyskiguy
07-22-2012, 09:15 PM
Anyone?

sand2snow22
07-23-2012, 12:10 AM
My 2005 with MC cruise would only go down to 10 MPH. I think this was the case until later, 07 or 08. Not sure if his system is compatible with MC cruise but call Cary.

http://www.nauticlaugic.com/nl4-mc%20packages.html

Skyskiguy
07-31-2012, 03:58 AM
Anyone? Beuller? Beuller?

bbymgr
07-31-2012, 07:21 AM
My 2007 X1 would only go down to 10mph.

Ski-me
07-31-2012, 10:22 AM
Do you have a paddlewheel mounted in the hull? I think you need the PW input for the slower speeds to keep it steady......but I'm not too familiar with the PP Cruise (and I ski anyways so not important to me to go slow).

Ski-me
07-31-2012, 11:52 AM
From Mastercraft's Manual if it helps......

OPTIONAL CRUISE CONTROL SYSTEM
On boats equipped with a Cruise Control System, it ispossible to review various functions by toggling to the cruisecontrol read-outs on the multi-function gauge explainedearlier in this section. Note also that the throttle positionmust always be greater than the speed set on the cruisecontrol. For example, if the cruise was set at 35 mph butthe throttle position is equivalent to 25 mph, the boat willnot reach 35. This is also true of the RPMs. Also, the cruisecontrol cannot be engaged when the boat is at idle speed.

System Start-Up: When the ignition is turned on thecruise control system starts in OFF mode. While it is in OFFmode, the LCD display will show the current time.

RPM Set-Point Adjustment: In order to adjust the RPMSet Point in OFF Mode, first move the RPM/SPEED modeselection switch to the RPM position. Using the +/- switch,select the desired Set Point. The RPM icon will illuminateand the LCD will display the current Set Point. Brieflypressing the +/- switch will increase or decrease the SetPoint by 20 RPM. Holding the switch will increase ordecrease by 100 RPM. The RPM Set Point is limited to aminimum of 1200 RPM and a maximum of 5000 RPM.

Speed Set Point Adjustment: In order to adjust theSpeed Set Point in OFF Mode, first move the RPM/SPEEDMode selection switch to the SPEED position. Use the +/-switch to select the desired Set Point. The SPEED icon willilluminate and the LCD will display the current Set Point. Briefpresses of the +/- switch will increase or decrease the SetPoint by 0.2 MPH. Holding the switch increases or de-creases the Set Point by 1.0 MPH. The Speed Set Point islimited to a minimum of 5.0 MPH and a maximum of 50MPH.

Turning On RPM Cruise Control Mode: To turn on theCruise Control System in RPM Control mode, make surethat the RPM/SPEED mode selection switch is in the RPMposition and that current engine speed is at least 400 RPMless than the Set Point. Press and hold the ON/OFF switchin the ON position for approximately one second. The LCDshould now display the current engine speed, the RPM iconshould be illuminated and the LOCK icon should be blinking.

Turning On Speed Cruise Control Mode: To turn on theCruise Control in Speed Control mode, make sure that theRPM/SPEED mode selection is at least 3.0 MPH less thanthe Set Point. Press and hold the ON/OFF switch in the ONposition for approximately one second. The LCD should nowdisplay the current vessel speed, the SPEED icon should beilluminated and the LOCK icon should be blinking.

Turning On Manual Cruise Control Mode: To turn onthe Cruise Control in Manual Control mode, make sure thatthe RPM/SPEED mode selection switch is in the MANUAL(center) position and that current engine speed is at least1200 RPM. Then press and hold the ON/OFF switch in theON position for approximately one second. The LCD shoulddisplay the current engine speed and the LOCK icon shouldbe blinking.

Manual Set Point Adjustment: The Manual Set Pointcan be adjusted using the +/- switch. The LOCK icon willdisappear and the LCD will display the current Set Point.Short presses of the +/- switch will increase or decreasethe Set Point by 20 RPM. Holding the switch increases ordecreases the Set Point by 100 RPM. The Manual SetPoint is limited to a minimum of 1200 RPM and a maximumof 5000 RPM.

Using Speed Control Mode: Manual Control worksbasically in the same way that RPM Control Mode does.The difference is that when the system is turned ON inmanual mode the Set Point is set to the current enginespeed. For example, if the Cruise Control is OFF and theengine speed is 2500 RPM, and the system is turned on,the engine will hold the engine speed at 2500 RPM.

Disengaging the Cruise Control System: There are twoways to disengage the system: Pulling back the throttle willdisengage the system at any time. The system remains ONand can be engaged by accelerating the boat until theLOCK icon stays illuminated. Or by moving the ON/OFFswitch to OFF. It is recommended that the throttle be pulledback before turning off the system.

Skyskiguy
07-31-2012, 03:43 PM
Yeah, read all that - multiple times - but thanks. So why does it flash "PULL" in the RPM mode? Pull what or who? The other two modes work just fine, just not RPM mode.

Skyskiguy
07-31-2012, 03:45 PM
Do you have a paddlewheel mounted in the hull? I think you need the PW input for the slower speeds to keep it steady......but I'm not too familiar with the PP Cruise (and I ski anyways so not important to me to go slow).
Paddle wheel, yes. Perfect Pass, no. This is Master Craft Cruise - not PP.