PDA

View Full Version : conceal carry, conceal carry, conceal carry

milkmania
07-20-2012, 03:00 PM
did I mention conceal carry:mad:

Colorado 'Dark Knight Rises' Theater Shooting

A gunman opened fire in the early morning at an Aurora, Colo. movie theater.

http://gma.yahoo.com/colorado-batman-movie-shooting-suspect-phd-student-085940589--abc-news-topstories.html

mzimme
07-20-2012, 03:02 PM
Welcome to the party ;)

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=49500

milkmania
07-20-2012, 03:03 PM
Oklahoma Governor Signs Open Carry Bill Into Law

Posted: May 15, 2012 1:20 PM CDT Updated: May 15, 2012 1:24 PM CDT By News9.com - email (billy.hendrix@news9.net?body=http://www.news9.com/story/18426167/oklahoma-governor-signs-open-carry-bill-into-law)

http://KWTV.images.worldnow.com/images/18426167_BG1.jpg (http://KWTV.images.worldnow.com/images/18426167_BG1.jpg) File Photo

OKLAHOMA CITY - Governor Mary Fallin has signed into law Senate Bill 1733, a measure that allows Oklahoma citizens to openly carry firearms.
Governor Mary Fallin signed the legislation on Tuesday, May 15. The bill permits those who are licensed, or already have been licensed, to carry a firearm under the Oklahoma Self Defense Act to openly carry a weapon or conceal it. It also allows property owners to openly carry a firearm on their property without a concealed carry permit for the purpose of self defense.
To receive a license under the Oklahoma Self Defense Act, applicants must take a firearms safety and training course and submit to a background check by the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation. Those convicted of felonies and certain misdemeanors may not receive a handgun license.
Oklahoma now joins Utah, North Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, Indiana, Tennessee, Georgia, Mississippi, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Hawaii and Massachusetts as a "licensed open carry" state.
"As a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and a gun owner myself, I'm happy to sign this bill into law and grant law-abiding citizens the ability to openly carry firearms," Fallin said. "Senate Bill 1733 sends a strong message that Oklahoma values the rights of its citizens to defend themselves, their family and their property. It does so in a responsible way, by requiring those citizens who choose to ‘open carry' to undergo both firearms training and a background check."
Businesses may continue to prohibit firearms to be carried on their premises. SB 1733 prohibits carrying firearms on properties owned or leased by the city, state or federal government, at corrections facilities, in schools or college campuses, liquor stores and at sports arenas during sporting events.
5/10/2012 Related Story: Open-Carry Firearms Bill Headed To Oklahoma Governor (http://www.news9.com/story/18256083/open-carry-firearms-bill-headed-to-oklahoma-governor)

milkmania
07-20-2012, 03:04 PM
Welcome to the party ;)

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=49500

sorry, was too pissed off to use the search feature :(

captain planet
07-20-2012, 03:14 PM
sorry, was too pissed off to use the search feature :(

No worries Milk! VOTE RON PAUL!!!!!!!!!! ;)

rkhodges21
07-20-2012, 04:10 PM
I will say I am more of a fan of concealed carry than open carry. If you have your gun on display in a public area and someone wants to start trouble there, I feel you are more likely to be the first one harmed if you are taken by surprise. However, if no one knows you are carrying but you, then you might have a better chance to stop the offender. However, maybe if you have your weapon on display, it would disuade anyone from trying to start trouble. What do you guys think?

Maybe when you go out in public with friends that are packing, you should flip a coin to see who is concealing and who is carrying openly. If you are with your wife and she carries, be the man and let her conceal her weapon and you carry yours out in the open.

tommcat
07-20-2012, 05:12 PM
Oklahoma Governor Signs Open Carry Bill Into Law

Posted: May 15, 2012 1:20 PM CDT Updated: May 15, 2012 1:24 PM CDT By News9.com - email (billy.hendrix@news9.net?body=http://www.news9.com/story/18426167/oklahoma-governor-signs-open-carry-bill-into-law)

http://KWTV.images.worldnow.com/images/18426167_BG1.jpg (http://KWTV.images.worldnow.com/images/18426167_BG1.jpg) File Photo

OKLAHOMA CITY - Governor Mary Fallin has signed into law Senate Bill 1733, a measure that allows Oklahoma citizens to openly carry firearms.
Governor Mary Fallin signed the legislation on Tuesday, May 15. The bill permits those who are licensed, or already have been licensed, to carry a firearm under the Oklahoma Self Defense Act to openly carry a weapon or conceal it. It also allows property owners to openly carry a firearm on their property without a concealed carry permit for the purpose of self defense.
To receive a license under the Oklahoma Self Defense Act, applicants must take a firearms safety and training course and submit to a background check by the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation. Those convicted of felonies and certain misdemeanors may not receive a handgun license.
Oklahoma now joins Utah, North Dakota, Minnesota, Iowa, Indiana, Tennessee, Georgia, Mississippi, New Jersey, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Hawaii and Massachusetts as a "licensed open carry" state.
"As a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and a gun owner myself, I'm happy to sign this bill into law and grant law-abiding citizens the ability to openly carry firearms," Fallin said. "Senate Bill 1733 sends a strong message that Oklahoma values the rights of its citizens to defend themselves, their family and their property. It does so in a responsible way, by requiring those citizens who choose to ‘open carry' to undergo both firearms training and a background check."
Businesses may continue to prohibit firearms to be carried on their premises. SB 1733 prohibits carrying firearms on properties owned or leased by the city, state or federal government, at corrections facilities, in schools or college campuses, liquor stores and at sports arenas during sporting events.
5/10/2012 Related Story: Open-Carry Firearms Bill Headed To Oklahoma Governor (http://www.news9.com/story/18256083/open-carry-firearms-bill-headed-to-oklahoma-governor)

i know you didnt write this, but Mass is definitely not an open carry state. you will lose your license for life, lose your guns and possibly get some jail time for that.

occva
07-20-2012, 05:55 PM
Don't need no stinkin permit to open carry in Virginia:)

2RLAKE
07-20-2012, 06:09 PM
i hope it comes to OH

mc190
07-20-2012, 07:14 PM
don't need a permit to open carry in NC either. however, if you have your concealed carry here, you legally are not supposed to carry anywhere where you pay admission such as a movie theater. that i don't agree with, i think if the state thinks highly enough of you to let you carry they should not dictate where you can carry. It might not have killed him with his body armor, but it may have made him change his mind about what he was doing. Who knows for sure because it did not go down that way.

DJ 50
07-21-2012, 02:05 AM
don't need a permit to open carry in NC either. however, if you have your concealed carry here, you legally are not supposed to carry anywhere where you pay admission such as a movie theater. that i don't agree with, i think if the state thinks highly enough of you to let you carry they should not dictate where you can carry. It might not have killed him with his body armor, but it may have made him change his mind about what he was doing. Who knows for sure because it did not go down that way.

I'm so glad that thanks to Bush, I don't have to worry about the stupid city or state laws when it comes to CCW and I can carry, with very very few exceptions, everywhere.

curtish
07-21-2012, 01:00 PM
you should flip a coin to see who is concealing and who is carrying openly. If you are with your wife and she carries, be the man and let her conceal her weapon and you carry yours out in the open.

If only all of us had this choice.

curtish
07-21-2012, 01:00 PM
I'm so glad that thanks to Bush, I don't have to worry about the stupid city or state laws when it comes to CCW and I can carry, with very very few exceptions, everywhere.

What do you mean?

DJ 50
07-21-2012, 08:28 PM
I'm a police officer and Bush signed into federal law back in the day that, as long as we are qualified with our dept and state to carry, we can carry in any state regardless of local laws. Some of the very few exceptions are we can't carry in many federal buildings, can't carry drunk obviously. A private business can of course refuse us service and not allow us entry but we are not breaking any laws.

milkmania
07-22-2012, 03:58 PM
I'm a police officer and Bush signed into federal law back in the day that, as long as we are qualified with our dept and state to carry, we can carry in any state regardless of local laws. Some of the very few exceptions are we can't carry in many federal buildings, can't carry drunk obviously. A private business can of course refuse us service and not allow us entry but we are not breaking any laws.
was in Fayetteville last night.... are you an officer near there?

'78 Starz & Stripes
07-22-2012, 04:20 PM
Yep, I carry.

BriEOD
07-23-2012, 01:26 AM

It is Public Law 108-277 you are referring. I'm a federal law enforcement officer so I can carry pretty much anywhere.

More guns on the street is a touchy subject. I agree that people have the right to bear arms and protect themselves and their property. However, I, too, feel that there needs to be some restriction and training that goes along with that.

stuartmcnair
07-23-2012, 11:49 AM
I have a CCL and I am a very good shot. That being said I don't know of anyone, LEO's included, that could have done anything had they been in that theater. Dark room, tear gas, panic, confusion, moving target firing a weapon wearing full body armor...just about impossible.

Double
07-23-2012, 12:51 PM
I have a CCL and I am a very good shot. That being said I don't know of anyone, LEO's included, that could have done anything had they been in that theater. Dark room, tear gas, panic, confusion, moving target firing a weapon wearing full body armor...just about impossible.

exactly

Firing back in that situation has a higher percentage of friendly fire then doing any good IMO.

jhall0711
07-23-2012, 01:14 PM
exactly

Firing back in that situation has a higher percentage of friendly fire then doing any good IMO.

Agree. Would be very difficult to make the shot required with fullbody armor and surrounding circumstances.......

That being said.... If im going down Im going down swinging.

LakeLottawatta
07-23-2012, 01:45 PM
i hope it comes to OH

Ohio is already an open carry state.

DJ 50
07-24-2012, 05:28 AM
was in Fayetteville last night.... are you an officer near there?

No. I know my tag say Beaver Lake but that is just where the lake house is at. I live and work In Kansas City MO.

DJ 50
07-24-2012, 05:30 AM
It is Public Law 108-277 you are referring. I'm a federal law enforcement officer so I can carry pretty much anywhere.

More guns on the street is a touchy subject. I agree that people have the right to bear arms and protect themselves and their property. However, I, too, feel that there needs to be some restriction and training that goes along with that.

I always figured with the screen name you were EOD in the military. I agree ongoing yearly training needs to go with CCW.

captain planet
07-24-2012, 03:55 PM
Here is an article on gun control from www.dailypaul.com

Another Aurora, Colorado Mass Killing Prevented In April By Man With Gun

Jon Rappoport
NoMoreFakeNews.com
July 23, 2012

Aurora, Colorado, has a law against people carrying guns in public, which of course means somebody dressed up like The Joker, who has weapons, can kill at random.
On April 22nd of this year, members of the New Destiny Church were heading toward a massacre.
As the April 24, 2012, Huffington Post reported, Kiarron Parker, 29, drove erratically into the Church lot, crashed his car, got out, and, without reason, fired his gun at the pastor’s mother, who had rushed from the Church service to see what she could do to help. Parker opened fire and put five bullets into her, killing her.
Parker then started to enter the Church, where who knows how much more killing he would have done, when the pastor’s cousin, an off-duty cop named Antonio Milow, who could legally carry a gun, and was carrying, shot and killed Parker.
It’s easy (and absurd) to say the Aurora gun laws were working. The off-duty cop wasn’t there on official assignment.
Does this offer a clue about gun control?
Would you rather say no one should ever be in or around a church with a gun? Would you rather offer that elevated sentiment as the shield of protection for the parishioners of the New Destiny Church in Aurora, Colorado?

Or would you rather re-think gun control?
Funny thing, James Holmes is garnering far more publicity than off-duty cop, Antonio Milow, did. Wonder why?
Who deserves more publicity?
Let’s see. If every off-duty cop and every private citizen who shot a killer made a splash on the order of James Holmes, the whole attitude about guns in America might settle into a sane zone in the public mind, and the whole tenor of discourse about guns might swamp the politicians who are braying about the need to confiscate all guns not belonging to the government or criminals.
And then of course, there is this: if a private citizen, breaking the laws of Aurora, had been sitting in the theater at the midnight showing of Batman, with his gun in his holster, and if he had drawn it and put the shooter on his back, as soon as the first sign of violence erupted, where would that private citizen be right now? In jail? Would the police be issuing some lunatic statement about a violation of local ordinances? Would they be saying there was no way to know the true intent of the killer, or whether he would have continued his rampage if the private citizen hadn’t killed him? Would the police and the city attorney be warning the citizens of Aurora to leave their guns at home, because the private citizen who killed the mass murderer in the theater was just “lucky?”
Would they dare?