PDA

View Full Version : my x2 runs on land only.....

ranger098
07-19-2012, 08:16 PM
im a little stumped here everyone.... i have an 04 x2, indmar 350 engine. just had the engine rebuilt completely and the boat is new to me, meaning i bought it needing the rebulild. starts and runs great on land, but when i put her in the water at the launch it will not start. turns over, just never starts. i took it out of the water at the launch, and it starts (i ran it for 5 seconds dry). any ideas on where to start looking? i know its something small... thanks in advance.

snork
07-19-2012, 09:43 PM
good one,
check fuel pressure

tr6coug
07-20-2012, 02:35 AM
faulty kill switch?

ranger098
07-20-2012, 11:58 AM
i thought it could be the kill switch (aka tether) also, but i don't think that wouldn't make a difference on land or at the launch..... and the kill switch is hooked up just fine and works far as i can tell....

03geetee
07-21-2012, 01:28 AM
Oil sensor in your motor? Low level kills ignition perhaps and when the boat is on the launch its angled some how to allow it to think its full? On level water it will not, just a hunch have no idea if your motor has this?

JTR

ranger098
07-22-2012, 06:55 PM
UPDATE.... so i found that it is somehow angle related... i have the boat sitting on the trailer in the driveway and put a jack on the tongue of the trailer. with the boat running (the bow lower than the back of the boat) i start to raise the front of the boat. At a very specific angle the boat dies, the angle is somewhere when the boat is level to the front going higher than the back. full tank of gas. lower the front of the boat and it will start again.

someone has to have heard of this before! any advice would be amazing!

03geetee
07-22-2012, 11:09 PM
Did you check the oil?

JTR

ranger098
07-23-2012, 12:56 AM
i did, and thanks for the suggestion. it was a little on the higher end actually, definitely not low. the issue surely could be sensor related, but which sensor is the question. this is quite the mystery....

petermegan
07-23-2012, 01:27 AM
Is the tank absolutely full? Just wondered whether it is fuel flowing in over the top of the 'bucket' that keeps it running.

ranger098
07-23-2012, 02:55 AM
it has done the same thing whether the tank was half full or totally full, although I'm not too sure what "bucket" your talking about...

also the engine seems to be getting fuel pretty consistently. the engine is TBI and you can see the injectors right under the spark arrestor. thanks for the reply.....

petermegan
07-23-2012, 06:47 AM
I was referring to the canister in the fuel tank, but if the tank is completely full this probably doesn't apply. Have you confirmed that when it does not start you have fuel but no spark?

ranger098
07-23-2012, 08:16 PM
didnt have a chance to check spark and that could be the issue... the boat is at the shop that rebuilt the engine now... will post results from that as soon as i know them. thanks to those that responded:D

ranger098
08-03-2012, 06:31 PM
to all those wondering, there was water in the fuel tank. drained the tank, and i dropped her in the water and and now it runs like a dream. thanks again to those who replied!