PDA

View Full Version : hmm, the new fish and ski xstar!

ttu
07-18-2012, 06:51 PM
friend sent me this today that lives in springfield! hmmmm:D:D:D

ski/hunt
07-18-2012, 07:00 PM
That's just WRONG!!

sp00ky
07-18-2012, 07:07 PM
Dude someone smack that guy

willyt
07-18-2012, 07:23 PM
I'd rock the trolling motor in the front just to be funny

08M3Sedanski
07-18-2012, 07:35 PM
He fills the livewell for ballast.

CantRepeat
07-18-2012, 07:53 PM
Looks very functional.

pram
07-18-2012, 10:01 PM
That is fantastic

BrooksfamX2
07-18-2012, 10:06 PM
Yikes!!!

snork
07-18-2012, 10:15 PM
too proud to be towed in when fuel pump fails

LittleFuss
07-18-2012, 10:29 PM
there are no words that can say how wrong that is.

Heelgrad
07-18-2012, 10:41 PM
trolling motors are meant for my Ranger, not the MC...;);)

what a travesty...:confused::confused:

pmikler
07-18-2012, 11:09 PM
Its actually the anti torque steer docking option that MC offers for those transitioning from an IO to an inboard.

Sullivan
07-18-2012, 11:12 PM
Yeah, and those are pole holders not board racks!

mzimme
07-18-2012, 11:18 PM
I didnt realize this would cause such an uproar... ill take it off my star in the morning. sheesh fellas.

Nick911
07-18-2012, 11:18 PM
We fish all the time from our '25. Have 2 tackle boxes and 5 poles under the port side locker. Don't have a trolling motor though.

DemolitionMan
07-18-2012, 11:23 PM
That is just crazy!

sp00ky
07-18-2012, 11:43 PM
No nasty fish will touch my boat unless I run it over

rkhodges21
07-19-2012, 12:57 AM
Why didn't he just buy a CSX220?

scott023
07-19-2012, 01:03 AM
That's terrible. Sheesh.

curtish
07-19-2012, 01:05 AM

Best comment on this thread thus far. Love it.

Ironhorse
07-19-2012, 08:29 AM
Thats just damn funny!

Slinkyredfoot
07-19-2012, 08:49 AM
With minor modifications, ballast tanks can make great live wells.

BrooksfamX2
07-19-2012, 09:31 AM
Its actually the anti torque steer docking option that MC offers for those transitioning from an IO to an inboard.

= Bow Thruster.............:rolleyes:

onejdgreen
07-19-2012, 10:31 AM
Actually that trolling motor has "anchor" function that will keep the boat in the same spot on the lake using GPS. No B.S., my girlfriend's dad has the exact same on his Lund Pro-V. Maybe the guy doesn't want to mess with an anchor...

jhall0711
07-19-2012, 10:59 AM
I'd rock the trolling motor in the front just to be funny

Hey Willy... You mount one of those up and you will fit right in at the "Bass Tounry" that might be going on for the reunion at O'shey.....:D

Cary K.
07-19-2012, 11:15 AM
Actually that trolling motor has "anchor" function that will keep the boat in the same spot on the lake using GPS. No B.S., my girlfriend's dad has the exact same on his Lund Pro-V. Maybe the guy doesn't want to mess with an anchor...

Now that is a pretty cool concept.

jbkriss
07-19-2012, 11:36 AM

I saw a Minnkota that does what you're talking about on tv (Ship Shape). That thing was amazing.

willyt
07-19-2012, 12:07 PM
Hey Willy... You mount one of those up and you will fit right in at the "Bass Tounry" that might be going on for the reunion at O'shey.....:D

thats perfect. I'll throw it on the bow that day just to be sure.

the star would be an awesome fishing boat, it'd have more livewell capacity than a fleet of fishing boats... ~440 gallons. thats like 11 fishing boats

gid
07-19-2012, 04:44 PM
Perhaps it is a new Bow Thruster being developed for docking?

pram
07-19-2012, 04:49 PM
That's terrible. Sheesh.

Hey Scott,

Martins called, your motor is in

Bignicolet
07-19-2012, 05:08 PM
Laugh all you want! That is my X-star and we fish as well as wakeboard and surf. :D

Huskie05
07-19-2012, 05:28 PM
Hey to each his own.... I think you have huge nuts drilling into a XStar like that though. I would have been a nervous wreck drilling into our 55.

snork
07-19-2012, 05:35 PM
would you not like a cockpit table to flay that walleye on?

pram
07-19-2012, 05:53 PM
Laugh all you want! That is my X-star and we fish as well as wakeboard and surf. :D

Hey I think it's fantastic, it's your boat, use it how you want

I am not one of those, oh you can't pull a tuber or let the kids fish out of it because of the name on the side of it

it's a boat

AZX45OD
07-19-2012, 05:53 PM
I love it! The possibilities are endless. I was actually thinking of keeping one under my seat after my fuel pump failed last year at Lake Powell. Ever tried to row a 4500 # boat with a ski?

mzimme
07-19-2012, 05:54 PM
Nothing like a good swim deck to clean your fish!

Bignicolet
07-19-2012, 06:13 PM
Actually one of the coolest features is when you pull up to your favorite hot spot on the water and there are no slips available, you simply drop all the folks off on the dock, get the wireless remote and then hop out of the boat and drive the boat by wifi/gps 50 yrds out and anchor it, with nobody in it! it works great and you get the craziest looks.

We also learned that anchoring in table rock lake in 100-200ft of water is easy with the trolling motor anchor function!

scott023
07-19-2012, 06:13 PM
Hey Scott,

Martins called, your motor is in

Hahahahaha

Footin
07-19-2012, 09:15 PM
Hey I think it's fantastic, it's your boat, use it how you want

I am not one of those, oh you can't pull a tuber or let the kids fish out of it because of the name on the side of it

it's a boat

I agree 110%, do what you want and especially if it makes you and your family happy.

The last few years I spend more time pulling my kids on a tube than skiing, but it makes them happy and they have a great time. I would'nt trade that for the world.

captain planet
07-19-2012, 10:14 PM
So you guys are going to leave this up to me????? OK, I'll be 'that guy'. ;)

Somebody needs to take that thing boat away from you. Really. The idea of having that thing on the front of that boat so you can 'park it with the GPS trolling motor' is cute, but how often does that happen?? That is the same as putting all terrain tires on a formula one race car......oops it's a v-drive....so it's like putting racing slicks on a 4wd suburban. It is yours and you can do what you like, but I, like most other MC owners, just don't get it.

Oops almost forgot, welcome to the board! :D

Bignicolet
07-19-2012, 10:32 PM
So you guys are going to leave this up to me????? OK, I'll be 'that guy'. ;)

Somebody needs to take that thing boat away from you. Really. The idea of having that thing on the front of that boat so you can 'park it with the GPS trolling motor' is cute, but how often does that happen?? That is the same as putting all terrain tires on a formula one race car......oops it's a v-drive....so it's like putting racing slicks on a 4wd suburban. It is yours and you can do what you like, but I, like most other MC owners, just don't get it.

Oops almost forgot, welcome to the board! :D

I feel very welcomed, but really?..... I would bet I can do more bouys at 36 MPH behind my thing boat than you can behind your little one trick pony bouy bouncer (yes I started with a prostar ;o)

In fact anything you want, barefoot, Slalom, Wake board, wake skate, Wake Surf, Kite surf, kneeboard, anything with a rope.... Trolling for walleyes, Northern, Bass fishing the shallows, or chasing the big ones in TX on the ocean.... my mastercraft has been there and we have DONE That! so come try and take it away from Me I dare you! Saylorville Lake Johnston IA... 5:45 AM about any morning I will meet you there ;o)

pram
07-19-2012, 11:13 PM
I agree 110%, do what you want and especially if it makes you and your family happy.

The last few years I spend more time pulling my kids on a tube than skiing, but it makes them happy and they have a great time. I would'nt trade that for the world.

Hey Footin, how are things going?

AZX9
07-19-2012, 11:19 PM
I love it! The possibilities are endless. I was actually thinking of keeping one under my seat after my fuel pump failed last year at Lake Powell. Ever tried to row a 4500 # boat with a ski?

That sucks. You can easily be 25+ miles from the ramp. You could run a battery dead with a TM before getting back to the ramp.

mzimme
07-19-2012, 11:36 PM
I feel very welcomed, but really?..... I would bet I can do more bouys at 36 MPH behind my thing boat than you can behind your little one trick pony bouy bouncer (yes I started with a prostar ;o)

In fact anything you want, barefoot, Slalom, Wake board, wake skate, Wake Surf, Kite surf, kneeboard, anything with a rope.... Trolling for walleyes, Northern, Bass fishing the shallows, or chasing the big ones in TX on the ocean.... my mastercraft has been there and we have DONE That! so come try and take it away from Me I dare you! Saylorville Lake Johnston IA... 5:45 AM about any morning I will meet you there ;o)

You're good in my book :cool:

Good for you for doing what you like. Cap'n planets just worried about Ron Paul losing an election. Don't mind him.

willyt
07-19-2012, 11:44 PM
I feel very welcomed, but really?..... I would bet I can do more bouys at 36 MPH behind my thing boat

i dont think my star goes 36....

jhall0711
07-19-2012, 11:54 PM
i dont think my star goes 36....

Duh... thats what the trolling motor is for... get the other 3-4 MPH for slalom runs...:D

Bignicolet
07-19-2012, 11:58 PM
That sucks. You can easily be 25+ miles from the ramp. You could run a battery dead with a TM before getting back to the ramp.

We don't have lakes that big here ;o)

It has two fully separate electric systems, 4 - 12V batteries, with a 24V system for the trolling motor, although I do have my amps and stereo wired up the to trolling motor electric system, I am not usually using it when the tower speakers are going! So if the batteries are fully charged I can get 6 hours of run time at about 2-3 MPH on the Terrova system. So I can cover 12-18 miles if I need to. But so far no fuel pump issues.

rhsprostar
07-20-2012, 12:08 AM
Bignicolet....awesome!....I love it. I would kill to see the look on the other fishermans faces when you ski/board all day then drop that minkota in and work the shoreline in an MC.....thats frickin great! I fish in my MC as well once in awhile. I get a lot more respect from the fishermen on my lake when I pull in a good size large mouth or northern in a ski boat.
Good on you brother!

PS Not sure I would ever filet a fish on my swim platform... but hey, I am kind of a catch and release guy anyhow....;)

Bignicolet
07-20-2012, 12:17 AM
Bignicolet....awesome!....I love it. I would kill to see the look on the other fishermans faces when you ski/board all day then drop that minkota in and work the shoreline in an MC.....thats frickin great! I fish in my MC as well once in awhile. I get a lot more respect from the fishermen on my lake when I pull in a good size large mouth or northern in a ski boat.
Good on you brother!

PS Not sure I would ever filet a fish on my swim platform... but hey, I am kind of a catch and release guy anyhow....;)

Most of the fish are released, I was teaching my good buddy Dan (who is a fellow wakeboarder from the Moomba family) about the importance of Y bone removal... important lesson that one Northern had to sacrifice for. But he tasted just fine ;o)

2RLAKE
07-20-2012, 07:36 AM

I've been away all week and this is the first one I've read trying to catch up

Great comeback Bignicolet ...Welcome to the forum!

allycat
07-20-2012, 07:56 AM
Laugh all you want! That is my X-star and we fish as well as wakeboard and surf. :D thats great top boat for fishing heaps of room .
i fish out of my old 16foot lewis tornado theres not much room in it but its the only boat i got

19_Skier
07-20-2012, 08:11 AM

New decals for the back of prostars?? :D:D:D If I didn't have access to another boat on the other side of the dock, my MC would liely be out there with fishing rods as well!

jhall0711
07-20-2012, 08:52 AM
Bignicolet;

Here is my legitimate question... and I am not trying to sound like an idiot I am really curious. Why would you want to fish off of that boat? One would assume that logic dictates that someone who can afford a Star could get themselves a fishing boat as to avoid getting blood, guts, slime ETC on a $120,000 boat. To each their own, but just curious why not just have a fishing boat?

hondaprlud
07-20-2012, 10:26 AM
do you take that thing to Bass Tourneys?

oxberger
07-20-2012, 12:08 PM
If he did I would love to see the other tourny guys when you drop that in and the tournament starts. Just think of all the guys you could take out at the beginning with your wake or if you get to your spot and someone else is there start adding the ballast and drop the speed to 11 mph and start doing circles. To each their own. It's your boat use it as you see fit, but I was curious too about being able to afford a boat like that and having another boat specifically for fishing? Welcome to the board!

mzimme
07-20-2012, 12:12 PM
I would think if it's dual purpose, he wants to wakeboard in the morning and fish in the afternoon. Running home to switch out boats would probably interrupt his day on the water ;)

DJ 50
07-20-2012, 12:57 PM
Ignore captain. Your boat, your money, enjoy how you and your family see fit.

Nick911
07-20-2012, 01:58 PM
Bignicolet;

Here is my legitimate question... and I am not trying to sound like an idiot I am really curious. Why would you want to fish off of that boat? One would assume that logic dictates that someone who can afford a Star could get themselves a fishing boat as to avoid getting blood, guts, slime ETC on a $120,000 boat. To each their own, but just curious why not just have a fishing boat?

Dual purpose for us. We boat on a prime rainbow and lake trout lake. Some days when it's just me wife and kids we toss out a fly or two. Kids love it, and for 100K, I'll do whatever I want. My philosophy is I didn't buy the boat to keep it looking pretty, I bought it to use it. So I don't mind the odd fish slime mess, moldy cheesies under the carpet etc...

Bignicolet
07-20-2012, 05:05 PM
Bignicolet;

We like to travel and go to lakes, our boat has been all over the central US and in the Gulf on the Texas side, multiple lakes in Minnesota, Iowa, Illinois, Michigan (Torch Lake MI is our all time favorite!) , and earlier this week Table Rock in Missouri and Arkansas. It is not really feasable to tow two boats.

With 3 sons and a daughter, I guess I like to have my family in the boat and typically we get a few friends along, so unless you are thinking a 30 ft open there just are not that many fishing boats that can seat and fish more than 2-3 poles. (I would hope most folks on this forum know what a fishing boat wake looks like ;o) We can easily get 2 off the front and 3 off the back and there is still room to lounge around in the inside or lay on the sundeck without hooking anybodys bikini. When the fish are biting we have had 8 poles in the water.

I have a washdown sprayer and we don't have carpeting on the inside so we wash it down if any fish goo gets in the boat... if we are doing a fish fry all the fish go in a cooler on ice and you would never know we have fish in the boat.

However our true love is watersports and 90% of what we do is wakeboarding and surfing. I will post pictures later but the trolling motor has a 3" x 4" white quick mount that is permantly mounted to the boat, the trolling motor is stowed under the seat most of the time. Wednesday we were in a hurry to get going and I just left it on for the trip home, normally you wouldn't even be able to tell unless you looked really close that there was a mount there.... however since I got such a warm reception on the forum we might just leave it on a little more often!

Lastly my experience with Mastercraft has been that if you take care of the boat a little fish goo will easily clean up and that is why I pay a little extra to own a Mastercraft. I want a boat I can use and not yell at the kids when they drop a crappie on the seat.... wipe it off the seat is fine its not a bayliner! I put about 150-175 hours on my boat each year 90% of the time my kids are in the boat with me, Like I said yesterday laugh all you want I can tell you where my kids and my future grandkids will be hanging... Yep in the Thing Boat.:D

rkhodges21
07-20-2012, 05:30 PM
Lastly my experience with Mastercraft has been that if you take care of the boat a little fish goo will easily clean up and that is why I pay a little extra to own a Mastercraft. I want a boat I can use and not yell at the kids when they drop a crappie on the seat.... wipe it off the seat is fine its not a bayliner!

Many good points, but this one should be in an MC testimonial! Your boat has got me wanting a CSX now. Wish more people thought like you and bought on that thought process, and the CSX line wouldn't have gone away.

Also, ever had any problems with running your prop and rudder into things when fishing the bank? What's the shallowest water you will fish?

c_craig
07-20-2012, 07:15 PM
Excellent use of your boat, especially when traveling. Do it all. My friends call my Sky Ski the "Sushi - Maker". That's the only fishing we do. Technically, catch and release.

captain planet
07-20-2012, 11:12 PM

Touché bignicolet. I just couldn't help but dig into you a little. All in good nature. If you had put that trolling motor on the front of a boat that has the engine in the proper location (the middle) I wouldn't have gone as easy on you and would have meant it. But since it is on a v-drive, hey, have a ball. It's your boat and you make one heck of an argument for having that thing on there. :rolleyes: As for the footin and slalom challenge, bring it on

Bignicolet
07-20-2012, 11:44 PM
Many good points, but this one should be in an MC testimonial! Your boat has got me wanting a CSX now. Wish more people thought like you and bought on that thought process, and the CSX line wouldn't have gone away.

Also, ever had any problems with running your prop and rudder into things when fishing the bank? What's the shallowest water you will fish?

Not really, I have bumped into things before but nothing that has caused any damage. Typically if I see rocks on the bottom I stay clear. The trolling motor has a 5 ft shaft so it starts hitting before the rudder to let me know. I can get into 3 foot or so I suppose.

CantRepeat
07-20-2012, 11:48 PM
Touché bignicolet. I just couldn't help but dig into you a little. All in good nature. If you had put that trolling motor on the front of a boat that has the engine in the proper location (the middle) I wouldn't have gone as easy on you and would have meant it. But since it is on a v-drive, hey, have a ball. It's your boat and you make one heck of an argument for having that thing on there. :rolleyes: As for the footin and slalom challenge, bring it on

Pretty weak CP, you came out storming then folded. Would Ron do that?

I'm so heading to walmart tomorrow morning to get one. :rolleyes:

Boat owner, it's your boat but you're gonna have to deal with the ribbing for a long, long time.

Bignicolet
07-20-2012, 11:55 PM

No problem, I wish I had a few more prostars around to ride in, I leave my ski in my buddies PS 205 and if you were closer we would riding together, I might even make a wake boarder or surfer out of you, or worse yet you might try fishing when it is too windy.... :D

Brian B
07-21-2012, 01:17 AM

Win! :D

captain planet
07-21-2012, 07:05 AM
Pretty weak CP, you came out storming then folded. Would Ron do that?

I'm so heading to walmart tomorrow morning to get one. :rolleyes:

Boat owner, it's your boat but you're gonna have to deal with the ribbing for a long, long time.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I can't be a plick all the time, and like I said the engine is I the wrong place to really get official with my criticism. :rolleyes:

captain planet
07-21-2012, 07:10 AM
No problem, I wish I had a few more prostars around to ride in, I leave my ski in my buddies PS 205 and if you were closer we would riding together, I might even make a wake boarder or surfer out of you, or worse yet you might try fishing when it is too windy.... :D

Hey, you are your own person and don't care what the rest of society thinks, and I admire that. However I can't see photos of your boat and remain silent, it isn't in my nature. :D

I used to wake board all the time, but once I learned I can't get my arse over my head to do any cool tricks I rediscovered footin and rarely get on the wakeboard anymore. My buddy has an X2 so we surf and it is fun. But I'm old school, slalom and footin are my thing.

2RLAKE
07-21-2012, 07:59 AM

you are welcome to come to our lake anytime

Bignicolet
07-21-2012, 01:36 PM
Here is what my boat looks like most of the time... since Captain Planet is going to put one on his prostar at least make it look nice. And you can't find these at Walmart. Minnkota makes a white quick disconnect which takes 5 seconds to remove. I expect to see a flurry of trolling motor pictures on the team talk site now.

madcityskier
07-21-2012, 06:58 PM
Merciless they are around here I tell you.

medicmoose
07-22-2012, 08:16 PM
I'm with CP on this one...but hey, it's just personal preference. Your boat=do what you like. Around here fishing is such a big deal there seems to be a tournament every other weekend. I just don't "subscribe". But hey, if it works for you...enjoy the lake!!

slushpup
07-22-2012, 09:18 PM
As a Tri-Star/Jet ski/Fishing boat owner,My first thought when I saw this link was COOL MC is gonna make a fish and Ski...Guess not,Hey each his own.Nice lookin boat.

TayMC197
07-22-2012, 09:42 PM
I use a trolling motor on my 197 when putting in my course. It's temp mounted but helps a tone.

Mgboyd25
07-22-2012, 09:45 PM
I just threw up in my mouth....

rkhodges21
07-23-2012, 03:39 PM
As a Tri-Star/Jet ski/Fishing boat owner,My first thought when I saw this link was COOL MC is gonna make a fish and Ski...Guess not,Hey each his own.Nice lookin boat.

They made the CSX which was a fish/dive/wakeboard boat, but no fish and skis. lol

pram
07-23-2012, 03:46 PM
I just threw up in my mouth....

:rolleyes::rolleyes:.........................

pram
07-23-2012, 03:49 PM
They made the CSX which was a fish/dive/wakeboard boat, but no fish and skis. lol

close............

lettmeknow
07-23-2012, 03:57 PM
I use a trolling motor on my 197 when putting in my course. It's temp mounted but helps a tone.

Thats a great idea! I wish I would have thought of that when I was still using a portable.

Jason.H.
07-23-2012, 04:23 PM
you should put all your fishing rods in your board racks next time you go out and take a picture! lol That would be a good one!

AZX9
07-24-2012, 01:04 AM
I'm with CP on this one...but hey, it's just personal preference. Your boat=do what you like. Around here fishing is such a big deal there seems to be a tournament every other weekend. I just don't "subscribe". But hey, if it works for you...enjoy the lake!!

Medicmoose, When I see that trolling motor I picture someone that looks like your profile avatar driving it.

Bignicolet
07-24-2012, 12:42 PM
Medicmoose, When I see that trolling motor I picture someone that looks like your profile avatar driving it.

Well I really feel the love now! But I can understand... since most of the heat is coming from folks with REALLY SMALL boats... is that even 20 feet long AZX9? Small Boats, Small Pylons, Small wakes, Small fishing POLES..... well I think there is a pattern here.....

If you ride behind a X-Star you don't need a slalom course for a set up bouys.

madcityskier
07-24-2012, 12:57 PM
What's with that rope? Never seen a handle like that. Also, noone on here has a smaller boat than me, and I say use it how you want. That being said, you wakeboarders seem to be overcompensating for something.

Well I really feel the love now! But I can understand... since most of the heat is coming from folks with REALLY SMALL boats... is that even 20 feet long AZX9? Small Boats, Small Pylons, Small wakes, Small fishing POLES..... well I think there is a pattern here.....

If you ride behind a X-Star you don't need a slalom course for a set up bouys.

Bignicolet
07-24-2012, 02:33 PM
What's with that rope? Never seen a handle like that. Also, noone on here has a smaller boat than me, and I say use it how you want. That being said, you wakeboarders seem to be overcompensating for something.

It is a wakekite.

willyt
07-24-2012, 02:39 PM
bignicolet.

congrats on being the most popular person on TT for the time being. I need to do something ridiculous to my xstar now.

I'm thinking rocket launching pad... like BIG rocket launching pad. torpedoes to sink power turners? updates to come

madcityskier
07-24-2012, 02:53 PM
It is a wakekite.

PLEASE, start a thread with lots of pictures. I find these very intruiging in spite of being a slalom guy myself.

pmikler
07-24-2012, 03:07 PM
Never seen that before... Interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m881Qwxob90

pram
07-24-2012, 03:15 PM
I am amazed at how much of a stir adding one small mounting plate to a boat has caused.

Seriously, just WOW

gotta_ski
07-24-2012, 04:00 PM
That wakekite is the coolest thing I've ever seen.

Cobra Rob
07-24-2012, 04:09 PM
That wakekite is the coolest thing I've ever seen.

Until some asshat is riding with one on the river near you... They make it much more difficult for others to be safe.

medicmoose
07-24-2012, 04:13 PM
I think there is absolutely nothing wrong with a trolling motor on a boat....just like putting a hitch on a car. I would just never put a hitch on a Corvette. Sure...the car has the power but come on now.

Jason.H.
07-24-2012, 04:14 PM
So if you have to use a boat for the wake to jump while using a kite to pull you, why not just use the boat to pull you? Cant see the videos as I am at work so im just going by nicolet's picture. I understand kite boarding at the beach, that looks awesome. I just dont get using a kite to pull you behind a boat.

madcityskier
07-24-2012, 06:14 PM
So if you have to use a boat for the wake to jump while using a kite to pull you, why not just use the boat to pull you? Cant see the videos as I am at work so im just going by nicolet's picture. I understand kite boarding at the beach, that looks awesome. I just dont get using a kite to pull you behind a boat.

Pulled by the boat with the kite providing extra lift. Bigger jumps with softer landings.

rkhodges21
07-24-2012, 06:16 PM
Pulled by the boat with the kite providing extra lift. Bigger jumps with softer landings.

Beat me to it.

slushpup
07-24-2012, 08:08 PM
Go home and watch the Video....I will be back later as I need to go price one right now.....

GNA001
07-24-2012, 08:32 PM
bignicolet -

you don't own a corvette do you?

madcityskier
07-24-2012, 09:03 PM
bignicolet -

OK, now I threw up, and not a little. Could've at least been towing a stars and stripes.

pram
07-24-2012, 09:09 PM
OK, now I threw up, and not a little. Could've at least been towing a stars and stripes.

can I get you some tums for your sensitive tummy :rolleyes:

ha

madcityskier
07-24-2012, 09:15 PM
It's not so much the hitch on the Vette as the pwc's. I had a couple Jet skis once and all I ever did was get them fixed in between times the brother on laws went for rides. Nothing they were doing, damn things were just always broke. Each their own, but I hate the idea of owning pwcs.

AZX9
07-24-2012, 11:02 PM

Ha, it's actually 21 ft. Whats that, like a foot shorter than yours? When it comes to skiing, wakeboarding, or surfing its ok and not the best for any of these. The one thing it will be good at and not fall "short" is resale value.

DJ 50
07-25-2012, 04:00 AM
bignicolet -

So when you went to the shop to get that installed did they just look at you and say you want to put it on what kind of car? I don't even know if we can do something like that.

mzimme
07-25-2012, 08:10 AM
It almost looks like the hitch on that corvette is hidden behind the license plate. Take the plate off, expose the hitch.

If you're going to tow with a vette... I suppose that's the way to do it. At least noone can see the hitch any other time.

Oh, and that wake kite thing looks amazing. How much are those suckers?

gid
07-25-2012, 08:53 AM
It's not so much the hitch on the Vette as the pwc's. I had a couple Jet skis once and all I ever did was get them fixed in between times the brother on laws went for rides. Nothing they were doing, damn things were just always broke. Each their own, but I hate the idea of owning pwcs.

What make? Let me guess SeaDoo's. My neighbors has one, not seen the water yet as its always under repairs. I have a 2007 Kawi 250X - 225hrs. The only thing I have done is change the oil and plugs once a year. The hull is beat up, dock impacts, beaching, jumping waves...love that toy. It is my first choice to hit the water with.

Bignicolet
07-25-2012, 08:59 AM
It almost looks like the hitch on that corvette is hidden behind the license plate. Take the plate off, expose the hitch.

If you're going to tow with a vette... I suppose that's the way to do it. At least noone can see the hitch any other time.

Oh, and that wake kite thing looks amazing. How much are those suckers?

The wake kite is fun, it is a little finicky in the amount of wind and requires a dedicated spotter and experienced driver. You get a lot more air and the landings are much softer! I bought mine from Johnny at Bertha Boat works in Pequot Lakes MN. I was just there and he has one in stock give them a call.

tideengineer
07-25-2012, 09:19 AM
What make? Let me guess SeaDoo's. My neighbors has one, not seen the water yet as its always under repairs. I have a 2007 Kawi 250X - 225hrs. The only thing I have done is change the oil and plugs once a year. The hull is beat up, dock impacts, beaching, jumping waves...love that toy. It is my first choice to hit the water with.

I have a 2004 Polaris with a gozillion hours...great toy for adults and kids...especially when I don't feel like hauling the 24' pontoon to the beach....

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc392/tideengineer/beached.jpg

bobx1
07-25-2012, 09:44 AM
Ok....now that some of you are coming out of the closet, I own a jet ski (used to own two), a party barge, and TWO (not one, but TWO) tubes. The way some on this board act, and react, it seems like your boat is more like a work/crew boat as opposed to a pleasure craft.

No Cheetoes in my boat, no Gold Fish in my boat, no Lays in my boat, "dont stand on the seats for more than 3 seconds", "drip dry and then towel down before you re-enter my boat", no fishing from the boat, no trolling motors attached to the boat, "I hate the jet skis on my lake", "I hate the wally tubers on my lake", "I hate the fishermen on my lake", etc. Feel free to add to the list if you wish.

And yes, I am very anal and take care of my stuff becuase I have pride and it cost a lot of money but take it from me, I used to suck the enjoyment out of using a boat until my kids and wife let me know that is was purchased to have fun for everyone.

OK...I feel better now.

tideengineer
07-25-2012, 10:08 AM
I'm with you Bobx1.....exactly....we have our 96 prostar that is immaculate, but that is because I have cleaner and an awesome shop vac. I also have two tubes so that my kids can jump over each other and on top of one another. My bro and I share a 24' pontoon that is the lake or crab island cruiser when we want 15 people on the boat with 3 coolers and dinner. I bought my first jet ski in 1996 and have owned one ever since...fun at the lake and beach...if my 15 year old wants to go hang with his buddies awhile he can take the jet ski and not be stuck with adults.

We also have a 16' fishing boat and the newest toy is my father's retirement baby, a 34' Catalina sailboat in Bluewater Bay.

We love the water....fresh or salty...(but my prostar never touches salt).

madcityskier
07-25-2012, 03:21 PM

Actually picked them up based on some doos that friends have had for years and never stop. I had Kawas. 94 750ss & 95 750 ssxi. Get rid of the around 2003. One of the great days of a lifetime. Turns out I love my boat and someone else's pwcs.

CruisinGA
07-25-2012, 05:05 PM
4 vintage Kawasaki stand ups here.... so much fun

mzimme
07-25-2012, 06:19 PM
I have a 2004 Polaris with a gozillion hours...great toy for adults and kids...especially when I don't feel like hauling the 24' pontoon to the beach....

If you look at the motor of that thing, the cylinder heads are probably red and have an LC stamp somewhere. More than likely, I pressure tested the heads on that machine of yours ;)

tideengineer
07-25-2012, 06:46 PM
It has he two stroke with Ficht injection. Awesome dude. Bought it brand new. Still runs 50 mph with two adults in rough water. Not bad for 700cc. Love it.

rkhodges21
07-27-2012, 01:06 PM

love the pics of your...um...pwc. Got anymore?

tideengineer
07-27-2012, 02:05 PM
how about this one?....not the pwc but the catalina?

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc392/tideengineer/sailing2-1.jpg

Jason.H.
07-27-2012, 03:01 PM
and front shots of the catalina? :)

medicmoose
07-27-2012, 10:11 PM
4 vintage Kawasaki stand ups here.... so much fun

I with ya. '92 and '94 750sx's...one basically stock and the other with extensive mods. Lots of fun!! Oh yeah and a Seadoo. I love the water!

tideengineer
07-27-2012, 10:48 PM
and front shots of the catalina? :)

Man....those are my kids up there....with the wife....!

mzimme
07-27-2012, 11:28 PM
the wife....!

I think thats the point there captain. :D

tideengineer
07-28-2012, 11:27 PM
Take my word....she's hot.

AZX9
07-28-2012, 11:57 PM
Show and tell!

rkhodges21
07-31-2012, 12:48 PM
Take my word....she's hot.

Is she in the swimsuit thread?

scott023
07-31-2012, 01:01 PM
Is she in the swimsuit thread?

Mother of Pearl. Lots of material on internet. Leave the guy's wife alone. :confused:

rkhodges21
07-31-2012, 01:05 PM
Mother of Pearl. Lots of material on internet. Leave the guy's wife alone. :confused:

Lol. Just funnin' a little bit.

tideengineer
07-31-2012, 01:24 PM
I'm laughing too....I just like to dangle the bait out there from time to time...

scott023
07-31-2012, 01:25 PM
I'm laughing too....I just like to dangle the bait out there from time to time...

HAAAAAAAAAA. I hope your wife doesn't come on the forum.

Unless she likes nbeing refered to as "bait". :uglyhamme

tideengineer
07-31-2012, 01:59 PM
I keep her far away from my "boy" fun places....

madcityskier
07-31-2012, 02:43 PM
HAAAAAAAAAA. I hope your wife doesn't come on the forum.

Unless she likes nbeing refered to as "bait". :uglyhamme

I thought he was talking about dangling the bait for her.

scott023
07-31-2012, 02:58 PM
I thought he was talking about dangling the bait for her.

Yikes. That's offside. :D

tideengineer
07-31-2012, 09:37 PM
I can't be involved in this thread anymore.....jk