PDA

View Full Version : Rambo Marine

pflcjl
07-18-2012, 04:54 PM
I live in Connecticut and have owned 4 MC's over the years and I generally perform my own maintenance and repairs......All I can tell you is that the parts department at Rambo Marine (specifically Lex) is absolutely the best! These guys are knowledgeble and responsive....shipping is reasonable and fast. Hats off to them.....Even though I am located in the Northeast, I still use them for all my parts needs (I'm not saying anything bad about the local MC dealer who also has a great reputation - I just see no need to use someone other than Rambo).

HDAVIS
07-18-2012, 08:16 PM
I totally agree. They are the best. They give great advice also. Sometime I read things on this site and am not sure if I agree. I consult them very often. Their service department is top notch. There is nothing they won't do for you. The owner is also great. He is like your best friend. Never met a stranger. GREAT folks.

kjb
07-18-2012, 10:27 PM
I agree 100%

east tx skier
07-18-2012, 10:35 PM
Fantastic guy, Lex. The genuine article.

76S&S
07-19-2012, 08:42 AM
Great group at Rambo, they even helped me diagnose an issue during non-business hours one time.

Sodar
10-11-2012, 04:29 PM
Another shoutout for Rambo....

I wish all dealers and parts people were like Lex at Rambo Marine.

The guy is the most genuinely nice and responsive guy I have ever dealt with in the marine industry. I cannot recommend him enough for any difficult or hard to come by parts. He will go the distance for you and will always call you back.

I guess that whole "Southern Hospitality" thing is really true!

Two thumbs up for Lex and Rambo Marine!

jafo9
10-11-2012, 04:32 PM
funny, i was complaining the other day how its a 45 minute drive to rambo from my house. i guess i'm just lucky to have them nearby. as several have mentioned above, i've always had a pleasant experience with them.

Double
10-12-2012, 10:37 AM
I'm a believer, they have my boat right now :)

Phntmski
10-12-2012, 10:44 AM
They, Lex really, have helped me as well. Great dealer.

PT 1999 ProStar
10-12-2012, 11:40 AM
I live in Connecticut and have owned 4 MC's over the years and I generally perform my own maintenance and repairs......All I can tell you is that the parts department at Rambo Marine (specifically Lex) is absolutely the best! These guys are knowledgeble and responsive....shipping is reasonable and fast. Hats off to them.....Even though I am located in the Northeast, I still use them for all my parts needs (I'm not saying anything bad about the local MC dealer who also has a great reputation - I just see no need to use someone other than Rambo).

Like pflcjl I too live in Connecticut and get all my needed parts from Rambo (Lex) and have enjoyed their support and friendly service. Rambo is the way to go!
PT

hos505
10-12-2012, 12:44 PM
I'm also a big fan of Lex and Rambo Marine!
I live in Canada and have bought parts from them a few times as Lex is the most responsive, knowledgable and helpful MC guy I've ever come across.

CantRepeat
10-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Lex is the primary reason I call them when I need a part.

JRW160
10-12-2012, 02:34 PM
I complain about the 40 minute drive from my house to rambo. They've always been helpful when I've needed anything.

kyfooter
10-12-2012, 03:39 PM
I"ll echo the comments about Lex being great to deal with as well. I did not have a dealer in my area for a long time, and often ordered parts and/or discussed issues over the phone to find solutions. It was a nice change of pace to have great customer service, and someone who wasn't in a hurry to just take a credit card # but actually listen and help with a solution.

mcparadise
10-12-2012, 05:42 PM
One other neat thing about Lex is he keeps track of your purchases (their system does, probably) and uses that info to assist you for other or similar purchases/issues ;-) One smart guy with obviously superb resources.

CC2MC
10-12-2012, 08:31 PM
At which Rambo is Lex located? I live in Birmingham and there is one about 25 mins from me and I have called them a few times. I talked with Mr. Rambo out of the Huntsville location, (his son runs the one outside B'ham) about a job, back when I was looking. He was very nice and easy to talk to. They seem to do a good bit of business bc every time I pass by, it seems like there is a new set of used boats sitting out front. I stopped by at the end of summer, but they were low on stock, but they do have a few now, I believe. They are good people though.

billr
10-13-2012, 08:41 AM
Lex Pearson is in Hazel Green (Huntsville), and I think Chris is in B'ham.

98Prostar205
01-29-2013, 01:29 PM
Another shout out for the guys at Rambo Marine. I just got off the phone with Lex to order some parts for my winter projects. It's nice to get off the phone and feel like you really matter to them and that they genuinely appreciate your business. I don't know how they compare price wise to other parts dealers, but I couldn't care less. I am willing to pay a little extra for great service!

CC2MC
01-29-2013, 05:59 PM
Another shout out for the guys at Rambo Marine. I just got off the phone with Lex to order some parts for my winter projects. It's nice to get off the phone and feel like you really matter to them and that they genuinely appreciate your business. I don't know how they compare price wise to other parts dealers, but I couldn't care less. I am willing to pay a little extra for great service!

Thank you for the proper use of that phrase. I hear most people say, they could care less. Just one of those stupid things that gets under my skin. Well done.

JRW160
01-29-2013, 08:23 PM
A guy at work had this on the wall in his office. I think it bothered him too.

http://forum.spiritcompany.com/smilies/caring.jpg

GregS
05-10-2013, 08:14 PM
I have dealt with Rambo Marine as well....Lex is a great guy. Great customer service!

Astepatatime
05-10-2013, 08:56 PM
We've bought from Rambo at their Birmingham location. Bennett Rambo is our point of contact and he's been fantastic - patient and knowledgeable. Sounds like the apple didn't fall too far from the tree.

And their rep goes far with MC too. During our tour, when we were discussing a mod that the dealer would have to make, when I told Norm that it was Rambo, his response "those guys are pros".

Footin
05-10-2013, 09:58 PM
Rambo is great. I ordered from them when I lived in Nashville and still do from Columbus.