PDA

View Full Version : '05 X-9 needs a good home

rlwiley
08-27-2005, 09:57 AM
The boat is posted on the marketplace page. It has always been garage kept and never been in the rain. There was a thread about RTP vs. MCX. From my experience the biggest difference is the gas usage. My friend has a '05 X-10 with the MCX and the only time I can tell a difference is pulling 2 tubes.(which only happens on my girls b-day parties). I had a '96 190 and only had 1 kid. 2 more kids later I had to step up to the x-9. I love the boat. It has a great slalom wake(not as good as the 190 has) but plenty of room to move around and store equipment. My wife rode in a friends x-star and then in an Super Air ....(you know the rest) and just fell in love with the v-drives room. Anyway the boat is in like new condition. Probably cleaner than when I got it. Also, the price is a little neg.

Also what is the deal with all the bashing of MC lately or does this happen regularly. I have owned 4 boats my lifetime. A '80 Glastron, '87 FUNLINER(awesome boat HA HA), '96 190, and the X-9. Niether MC has ever left me stranded or disappointed.
Thanks

SteveO
08-27-2005, 10:02 AM
RL Good luck on the upgrade. Hope a X-star finds it's way in your slip, Have you retired the slalom ski? Gonna be hard to cut across that X-star wake on a slalom ski.

erkoehler
08-27-2005, 12:09 PM
The X-Star is definetly going to leave a mark on you if you try to slalom it! I have seen some guys foot behind one a year or 2 ago, it was tough but they did it. Safe to say they weren't crossing the wakes :D

rlwiley
08-27-2005, 05:10 PM
We are actually looking at an '06 X-30. I know I am losing the wake for slalom but with a wife and 3 kids and then the 3 kids friends and then those kids friends and then the kids friends of the.......... you get the point. Thanks for the reply. But if you know anybody looking for an extremely nice boat send them my way. I don't know about other states but if you buy from an individual in GA. you don't have to pay sales tax.
Thanks