PDA

View Full Version : Lake City, Mn --La Crosse, Wi area attractions

jamisonsbrodie
07-18-2012, 11:11 AM
My wife and I are driving from Minneapolis to La Crosse Thursday night for a Friday morning appointment, and I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions of what to do Friday in that area. What to see, where to eat, etc. I will probably stop in at the local MC dealership, I was thinking about golfing at the Jewel? Any other suggestions between MPLS and La Crosse? Any input would be greatly appreciated as we have never been to that area.

barefoot
07-18-2012, 11:32 AM
Beautiful hiking trails in La Crosse.

carlsonwa
07-18-2012, 11:33 AM
The freighthouse restaurant is right near the river, 107 Vine Street, La Crosse, WI, is always a good place to eat, make a reservation if you can. Friday nights are big for dinner in WI there since most people go out for Friday night fish. There is riverside park right there as well. If you want a great view of the city and river, I would suggest heading up to Grandad Bluff Park, short trip across town.

ctjahn
07-18-2012, 01:56 PM
Just driving western wisconsin is beautiful....

jamisonsbrodie
07-18-2012, 03:33 PM
It looks like I will have 2-4 hours to burn in the morning.......I would love to get some course time sonewhere if anyone is available to pull. I have gas $$?

snork
07-18-2012, 11:29 PM
Lake City on lake Pepin birth place of waterskiing :)