PDA

View Full Version : Insland Surfer Red Woodie VGC

bturner2
07-17-2012, 02:34 PM
I'm looking to move my Island Surfer Red Woodie to a new rider. It's in very good condition with minor scratches and a couple minor nicks. I'm looking for $300 OBO and you pick up shipping. Due to size shipping could get expensive and I can't take responsibility for any damage that might occur in transit.

deminimis
07-19-2012, 04:35 PM
Sweet deal that. I love my RW. Great board!!

mattb
07-20-2012, 03:25 PM
How does this board do with smaller boat wakes?

bturner2
07-26-2012, 08:09 AM
Sold and delivered.

mramerman@gmail.com
07-26-2012, 01:42 PM
Received last night via UPS! Board was in great shape! Very happy and excited to give it a ride---looking like tomorrow AM! Thank you much.

What did you get in its place?

bturner2
07-26-2012, 03:41 PM
I'm really happy it made it there without damage. I was really worried shipping it UPS with no box. It didn't help either when they told me they wouldn't insure it. Really glad you like it, you got a really nice board.

Haven't replaced it yet. I started riding a Blue Lake a couple years back. With my board, my daughter's board and all the other gear we carry we just never took it with us anymore which is why I decided to let her go. I am looking at either a Walker Project F-18 or a Phase 5 model X. Not sure when I'll pull the trigger tough as with the recent weather conditions we've lost 3 feet of water in our lake and we had to pull our boats or risk not being able to get them off the lifts. I'm now actually trailering to another lake that's about 3 miles away but has very limited access. Unfortunately my season my be cut real short at worst and very limited at best. Hard to pop for another board when conditions get like this. I'll probably just wait to the end of the year and look for a close out.

mramerman@gmail.com
07-27-2012, 01:05 PM
Crazy dry conditions y’all are having (clearly not the time to insert any jokes / comments about Seattle rain).

We did not make it out this morning unfortunately. Hopefully tomorrow. I have a x14v with a few after market ballast bags---we mostly ski, but hoping a larger board will make surfing with more limited wake doable.

Thanks again!

jmw
07-27-2012, 05:57 PM
mramerman please post how surfing goes here or the surfing thread.... what type bags and where do you have them placed? i have the same boat but very limited info is out there especially about surfing the 14v.

mramerman@gmail.com
07-30-2012, 03:01 PM
mramerman please post how surfing goes here or the surfing thread.... what type bags and where do you have them placed? i have the same boat but very limited info is out there especially about surfing the 14v.

JMW. Getting "the perfect surf wake" in a 14v is a work in progress. I have two external sacks that I use on occasion. I place one in the long ski locker and the other under the observer seat. I fill the internal port ballast 100% as well as the KGB.

The biggest issue is the swim deck washes out the wake. I know many fellas on the forum have modified the swim deck to have a secondary position raised. Others have swapped out the deck with a shorter version for surfing.

I have wondered about not using any ballast. I was playing with the wake last night, cruising at 11mpg and saw a fairly clean large wake. With less weight pulling the stern down, the swim deck was not churning as much. i know this approach is totally antithetical to wake-surfing, but might be worth trying.

At the end of the day, the 14v is a decent ski boat stretching to be a decent wakeboard boat. Hard to bridge between ski and surf.