PDA

View Full Version : 85 S&S lower dash panel & graphics

xtnkshun
07-17-2012, 09:52 AM
Hello all,

I recently purchased an 85 S&S (cream & red) that needs a little exterior TLC.

Where are your guys finding the original lower dash aluminum plate (the one with the skier on it)?

Also, were the toggle switches (blower, nav, etc) originally simple black DPDT toggles? Mine has illuminated toggles installed and need to be replaced. I want the boat as original as possible and I have pics of other S&S with various types.

Another question...were the graphics on the side cream or white on the 85 cream/red model? Mine are cream (although almost white and not quite the same cream as the boat). And I have seen pics on this forum where they actually look white, but that could be from the photograph playing tricks on my eyes.

Thank you all for your assistance. This is my first Semi-restoration project and the value of information on this forum is priceless.

keith3613
07-17-2012, 10:08 AM
I have a 1984 Red and Beige just like yours. I have new toggle switches for your boat. They are $13.00 each and $5.00 to ship them anywhere in the U.S. Please call Keith at 972-998-1885 and leave a message if I don’t answer. I will call you back. Plus, I have a ton of information about your boat. I bought mine new and still have it. The original toggle switches are illuminated red/green.

sxerob
07-19-2012, 04:53 PM
Do you have the fuse cylinders as well?