PDA

View Full Version : 2008 X45 won't go into gear???

Beebster
07-17-2012, 08:17 AM
Anyone know what might cause a 2008 x45 to come out of gear while traveling 35 mph? Once the boat came to a stop the engine was running but the boat would not go forward or backwards? No loud noises, no idiot lights on the dash, just a boat that won't move ????

Hrkdrivr
07-17-2012, 09:03 AM
Did the drive shaft break/shear? If they're under strain from being bent sometimes they'll break clean through as if they'd been cut.

Beebster
07-17-2012, 11:02 AM
is it possible for the shaft to shear and still be its correct position? via a quick look it appears to be in the right location. also, is there a common place for them to break?

BoulderX45
07-17-2012, 12:23 PM
Check to make sure the shift handle is in the proper position. It may have some how moved into the neutral and won't go into gear.

Hrkdrivr
07-17-2012, 12:42 PM
is it possible for the shaft to shear and still be its correct position? via a quick look it appears to be in the right location. also, is there a common place for them to break?

I guess it's possible I might have sheared inside the strut. Turn the prop by hand and see if the drive shaft on the other side of the strut turns with it. Also, have someone look at the coupling at the tranny while you turn the prop by hand. That'll tell you for sure if the shaft is still in one piece.

Beebster
07-18-2012, 08:47 AM
update, the dealership thinks that it is a friction plate now and they are beginning the process of pulling the boat apart. Any experience with this? or any threads about it that i should look at?