PDA

View Full Version : Ouch

ski_patrol_72
08-26-2005, 06:36 PM
Hi guys, heres what happends when those high wraps wont let go. Being a paramedic I see this stuff all the time, but this hurt having to cut those bindings off. Hes on a good road to recovery. As for the bindings, well they will be a trophy on his wall of shame.

milkmania
08-26-2005, 06:38 PM
couldn't you just put a band-aidŽ on it???

that's what I did when I got my finger stuck in the cement mixer:purplaugh

jmyers
08-26-2005, 06:39 PM
Hi guys, heres what happends when those high wraps wont let go. Being a paramedic I see this stuff all the time, but this hurt having to cut those bindings off. Hes on a good road to recovery. As for the bindings, well they will be a trophy on his wall of shame.
OUCH!!!!!!!! That picture made me feel nautious!!! :eek:

Scot
08-26-2005, 06:41 PM
Doesn't even look like it broke the skin.... whats the big deal? :smile:

bcampbe7
08-26-2005, 08:41 PM
Ouch, got both the tib and fib huh???

JDK
08-26-2005, 09:04 PM
Hi guys, heres what happends when those high wraps wont let go.

...... and they won't let go because???????

tooooooo tight!!!

Crash
08-28-2005, 02:04 AM
CUT THE BINDING!!! It was supporting the ankle! He could have kept skiing through the season and get it casted in the off season!!

jimmer2880
08-28-2005, 02:56 PM
"it's just a bug bite!"

Man - that looks like it hurt.

bigmac
08-28-2005, 03:22 PM
Ouch, got both the tib and fib huh???

Absolutely classic "boot-top" fracture that used to be routinely seen in snow skiers. Due to better bindings, such fractures are actually pretty rare these days. Boot-top tib-fibs are actually more common among snowboarders, on average now, because the bindings are fixed. The stiffer the snowboard boot, the more common the fracture. It was rare when boarders all used "moon-boots", but now the boots tend to be hybrids with stiff uppers for better control.

Sound familiar? I suspect a strong correllation with current slalom ski and wakeboard bindings and as wakeboarding becomes more popular, I'll bet we see more of these...

ski36short
08-28-2005, 03:53 PM
Two words: Fluid Motion. I went to hardshells a long time ago to protect my ankles/knees and these are the best I've encountered. Sure you can still get hurt in them, esp. by running too much tension, but given proper installation and settings I think they're great. In the year I've skied them they have come off when they should have, and otherwise stuck to the ski. Great control, comfort, and warmth too.

www.jagersport.com

sassydog
08-28-2005, 07:00 PM
hey man! bones heal, chicks dig scars, and the United States of America has some of the world's finest doctors to cure what ails you!.. just be glad this didn't happen 4 months ago