PDA

View Full Version : Boat on trailer all ready?

BARE5
07-16-2012, 11:05 AM
Lift is set at 24". Boat had to be piped off the lift yesterday due to no rain and high temps. Need more rain in the Midwest.

mzimme
07-16-2012, 11:18 AM
Where do you boat at? Even with the lack of rain in our area, our lakes are still plenty full. (granted most are resevoirs with dam control)

BARE5
07-26-2012, 12:23 AM
Se wisconsin. Even took lift out last weekend and pier too. Pontoon didn't even have enough water to float in. Now just trail wring to another lake.

Lars
07-27-2012, 08:39 PM
How do yo mean you piped it off the lift?

barefoot
07-27-2012, 08:59 PM
I took my boat off the lift on the 4th of July. Finally got the boat back on the lift last night. Tried several times before that but no go. Rained enough over the past few days that I was able to squeak it on. I'm a little worried because the lift is gonna be hard to move with a boat on it if the lake level drops some more.

barefoot
07-27-2012, 09:00 PM
Se wisconsin. Even took lift out last weekend and pier too. Pontoon didn't even have enough water to float in. Now just trail wring to another lake.

What lake? I'm up on Lake Beulah in East Troy

bturner2
07-28-2012, 08:27 AM
Took my boat off the lake two weeks ago to go on vacation and when I got back the lake had dropped almost a foot from the low level it was already at when we left. Tried to put it back on the lift and discovered the water was too low to safely keep it there. I'm now on the trailer pulling to a spring fed lake about three miles away with limited parking. The season is pretty much over for us here unless we get a ton of rain going into the fall. I've got a long weekend planed on Lake Erie which should be fine but as to my ski lake and my shore station.... unfortunately I think that's pretty much done for the year.

madcityskier
08-04-2012, 03:52 PM
We always moved the lift and adjusted the feet, is this not possible where you're at?

bturner2
08-04-2012, 06:54 PM
No dice. The bay I'm in is 6' at full pool. Stumps are sitting at a foot. Without rain most of the summer we're talking 2' to 3' over the stumps. We're just done unfortunately. Been going to a flooded quarry and will be on Erie in two weeks. It's just the way it goes.

I already managed to hit a submerged island in the Detroit river to the tune of $500 don't need another prop strike. Had a great spring so I'm just going to have to settle with what I've got/had.