PDA

View Full Version : MC wins again.

kipper88
08-26-2005, 03:45 PM
I have been lurking here for quite sometime but donít really post because I am at work but since it's Friday and I am low on stuff to do I will post. I donít have as much to contribute as the regulars. After reading Rodís depressing story about his 197 I thought I would add a humorous story from last night.

I have been skiing w/ my brother on a river near my house. We take my 1990 prostar 190 and ski the course 2-3 times a week for about 2 hours. Last night we ran into some guys in a SN and they were jerk offs. They actually made fun us and my boat b/c it was a mastercraft! To my face!!!!!! Well karma is a ***** and we towed them to the boat launch when they broke down and decided not to paddle anymore. :uglyhamme

Ryan
08-26-2005, 03:49 PM
Good for you for towing them in spite of their attitude. :D

east tx skier
08-26-2005, 03:50 PM
A belated welcome, Kipper. Way to take the high road on the tow.

rodltg2
08-26-2005, 03:54 PM
i guess ski nautique owners are pompous asses every where then. one nautique owner saw my 93 and asked if it was a 79. obviously its not but he thought he was being funny.

east tx skier
08-26-2005, 03:58 PM
Just to be fair, I've seen some MC and M owners that were pompus asses, too. Oh, and some SN owners, too.

Sort of like what Bill Cosby said when someone told him that cocaine enhances your personality. "But what if you're an a$$hole?"

kipper88
08-26-2005, 04:03 PM
I started out (at a very young age) skiing behind my parents SN but I never developed that kind of attitude. Or maybe I did but nobody has told me yet. :D

I just wish we had a camera to capture a SN being towed in by a MC......priceless. :D

p.s. Rod-i would love to buy your boat and sell mine but my wife would kill me before the check cleared.

ski_patrol_72
08-26-2005, 04:26 PM
Hi guys, as a Supra owner, I respect MC owners as we are all here doing the same thing out on the lake. I dont think my boat is better then no ones. sure i would like to get into a MC soon, Just have to see whats comming out this winter and go from there. Its hard getting a boat that you can only use 4 months of the year. "Does MC make that new icebreaker version??"

Robert Averyt
08-26-2005, 04:35 PM
I have been lurking here for quite sometime but donít really post because I am at work but since it's Friday and I am low on stuff to do I will post. I donít have as much to contribute as the regulars. After reading Rodís depressing story about his 197 I thought I would add a humorous story from last night.

I have been skiing w/ my brother on a river near my house. We take my 1990 prostar 190 and ski the course 2-3 times a week for about 2 hours. Last night we ran into some guys in a SN and they were jerk offs. They actually made fun us and my boat b/c it was a mastercraft! To my face!!!!!! Well karma is a ***** and we towed them to the boat launch when they broke down and decided not to paddle anymore. :uglyhamme
Kipper,

You are a better man than me. I think I would have left them. There is a penalty for being stupid.

kipper88
08-26-2005, 04:39 PM
It definelty crossed my mind to buzz em' on my way by, but it was dark and they were not going to be able to paddle that thing against the current. So i let by-gones be by-gones...plus, who know when i will need a stranger to help me out. The way i look at i just made a huge deposit in the karma bank.

Robert Averyt
08-26-2005, 04:42 PM
Like I said, you are a better man than me.

Mag_Red
08-26-2005, 04:43 PM
YOU really should have gotten a photo though :D

jmyers
08-26-2005, 04:46 PM
It definelty crossed my mind to buzz em' on my way by, but it was dark and they were not going to be able to paddle that thing against the current. So i let by-gones be by-gones...plus, who know when i will need a stranger to help me out. The way i look at i just made a huge deposit in the karma bank.
I have a good one for you, we were just starting out into the lake after visiting the gas dock for some refreshments :toast:, when I noticed an X30 being towed in to the ramp. I made a comment about them being towed, nothing bad though just mabey they ran out of gas because I know these Mc's can eat some fuel! Needless to say Guess who got towed in at the end of the day for running out of gas!! :noface: At least it was by another Mc "96" pulling my "05" Sure glad I didn't say anything, that was just a warning from the karma god!!

And it is great to see you pulled the Nautique in, I could only hope they would have done the same :o

PendO
08-26-2005, 04:57 PM
Question is, what did they think of the pull:)

east tx skier
08-26-2005, 04:59 PM
Hi guys, as a Supra owner, I respect MC owners as we are all here doing the same thing out on the lake. I dont think my boat is better then no ones. sure i would like to get into a MC soon, Just have to see whats comming out this winter and go from there. Its hard getting a boat that you can only use 4 months of the year. "Does MC make that new icebreaker version??"

Which model supra? My brother-in-law has a 99 comp. I always enjoy sets behind his boat.

BriEOD
08-26-2005, 05:01 PM
Way to take the high road.

bradamerry
08-26-2005, 05:05 PM
Farmer and I tried to meet a guy in a 93' ann. on Greeson last weekend. He was an A$$. Turned his nose up to Farmer. Maybe a 98' thing...............Off to buy some Pantene.. :uglyhamme

ski_patrol_72
08-26-2005, 05:12 PM
Which model supra? My brother-in-law has a 99 comp. I always enjoy sets behind his boat.

I have an 89 comp, and yes it has been pulled in from a MC before. Always check your prop nut and the .30 cent cotter pin. whoops.

jraben8
08-26-2005, 05:16 PM
I try to help stranded boats as much as I can because (as was mentioned earlier) my karma will more than likely fail at some point and I hope one of those that I helped before will be around...

X2M
08-26-2005, 05:21 PM
I try to help stranded boats as much as I can because (as was mentioned earlier) my karma will more than likely fail at some point and I hope one of those that I helped before will be around...

I agree with you. We have towed many boats and yes, even the occasional evil jetski to the docks. You never know when you will need someone to return the favor.

:)

jraben8
08-26-2005, 05:24 PM
But jetskis are kinda fun to tow in... Boaters seem grateful if you really look at their faces. Jetskiers look dejected.

Rockman
08-26-2005, 05:26 PM
Well karma is a ***** and we towed them to the boat launch when they broke down and decided not to paddle anymore. :uglyhamme

Did you at least gets all your sets in before you offered a tow? :D

east tx skier
08-26-2005, 05:40 PM
I have an 89 comp, and yes it has been pulled in from a MC before. Always check your prop nut and the .30 cent cotter pin. whoops.

My cousin had a late 80s comp, too. Nice boats for sure, but be sure to keep her insides dry.

captkidd
08-29-2005, 03:13 PM
I love the look of those older Supra comps. They slope of the bow is really cool looking.

I would have taken a picture of the SN being towed by the MC, just as payment for the tow (and payback for the attitude).

Ric
08-29-2005, 03:27 PM
My cousin had a late 80s comp, too. Nice boats for sure, but be sure to keep her insides dry.
I had a 90 comp
sexy boat for sure but as easty says, keep your eye on the stringers and flooring for sure. Nice wake though!

kipper88
08-29-2005, 04:00 PM
We did get our sets in but when they left the course they didnít leave us w/ much daylight so we had to cut it short.

I didnít ask them how they liked the tow Ė as usual I wanted to same something clever and insulting to them but couldnít think of much. Asking how the tow was would have been great!

DanC
08-29-2005, 04:59 PM
i guess ski nautique owners are pompous asses every where then. one nautique owner saw my 93 and asked if it was a 79. obviously its not but he thought he was being funny.

I owned a Ski Nautique for over 15 years. Many of my good friends owned Ski Nautiques. Nice stereotyping. Or are you just trying to seed this board for when you head over to the Malibu board. I read one post over there where your previous posts gave a Malibu owner a sick feeling about MCs. :(

rodltg2
08-29-2005, 05:30 PM
i shouldnt stereotype , it just seems like the nautique owners that i come across think they are so cool.

jmyers
08-29-2005, 05:38 PM
i shouldnt stereotype , it just seems like the nautique owners that i come across think they are so cool.
I do agree with that Rod, I was always under the impression that MC owners were like that, but I have found when trying to get a Nautique before my MC it was like you could only get one if you were in the cool club!! I don't think anyone is above anyone else for any reason especiallly a freeken boat!!! :headbang:

AirJunky
08-29-2005, 05:47 PM
We had a guy living in our condos who had a mid 90s Ski Nautique. He won't ride behind any other brand of boat. The funny thing is he's a boarder & foiler, but won't go with anyone else to get tips or learn anything. So in the 5 yrs I was living there, his boarding never got any better. His foil riding is only a tiny bit better (he's getting up & doing small jumps). He has terrible habits with his hands & line control. And he only rides with his own wife & kids because no one else will go out with them any more. He's a very close minded person.

DanC
08-29-2005, 06:42 PM
Wow :eek:
As a former Ski Nautique owner I can't figure out if this is the Hatfields and the McCoys or just plain bigotry and to take it personally. :confused: Unfortunately for my Correct Craft and Malibu friends who read this board (yes they are good people and all but one has shifted brands at least once in 20 years) it is the later.

btw - I understand brand loyalty and friendly ribbing. All my Correct Craft shirts are now in the rag and wipe cloth pile. ;)

RobertT
08-29-2005, 06:49 PM
I will help out anyone, but if a bunch of guys were snickering about my boat then needed a tow, I would give them it but would make them stand on the back of their boats with their pants down and sucking their thumbs the entire tow back. If they didn't like that, they could continue paddling.

I would prefer to watch the jerks have to suck it up and accept the tow:)

Then again I can be a little evil so I could be wrong here.

rodltg2
08-29-2005, 06:56 PM
it seems like nautique owners love wearing nautiqiue apparel too.

jmyers
08-29-2005, 07:01 PM
it seems like nautique owners love wearing nautiqiue apparel too.
Hey, I wear my MC stuff but I am not a snobb about it, I do have to say my Nautique shirt is going to the rag bucket too, but because it is worn out. I still own an MC and a Nautique though!! :headbang: