PDA

View Full Version : Perco raw water bronze flush valve

mcparadise
07-13-2012, 07:20 PM
Perko, Sea Water Strainers, Flushing, Bronze, 1-1/4"
114753 593007PLB 1-1/4" 10" 5-1/2" 4-1/2" x 6"

The above strainer is real expensive, but considering I'm ocean faring (ski/dive boat) and accordingly flush crazy (installed a Volvo intercooler on engine front opposite side to alternator), I am thinking about the above strainer. The advantage of having a isolation valve and flush valve built-in will eliminate my current ball valve, sureflo r/w strainer, and perco flush valve (plumbed in that order). Of course space is an issue in my closed-bow 1998SS19.
But, does anyone have any experience in this critter? Or advice on best way to plumb?
Don't worry about cost, she's my BMW (Bring My Wallet!)

mcparadise
07-13-2012, 07:37 PM
Perko, Sea Water Strainers, Flushing, Bronze, 1-1/4"
114753 593007PLB 1-1/4" 10" 5-1/2" 4-1/2" x 6"

The above strainer is real expensive, but considering I'm ocean faring (ski/dive boat) and accordingly flush crazy (installed a Volvo intercooler on engine front opposite side to alternator), I am thinking about the above strainer. The advantage of having a isolation valve and flush valve built-in will eliminate my current ball valve, sureflo r/w strainer, and perco flush valve (plumbed in that order). Of course space is an issue in my closed-bow 1998SS19.
But, does anyone have any experience in this critter? Or advice on best way to plumb?
Don't worry about cost, she's my BMW (Bring My Wallet!)
Opss below size
Height Overall 10" Width Overall 5-1/2" Cylinder Dims. 4-1/2" x 6"

And, I could decrease the overall strainer size alot by selecting a strainer with inlet/outlet 3/4" vs. 1 1/4"
Using adapers I could get back to 1 1/4" on the outlet...is there a flow problem with this idea considering an intercooler is installed (raw water used to cool engine gycol and exhaust hdrs)?