PDA

View Full Version : Extreme triple axle trailer

osbornda
07-13-2012, 07:21 PM
I have an Extreme Triple axle for my X-80.....I have never used the trailer brakes....its about a 7 year old trailer.....where do I start the process of troubleshooting....I want the brakes working sooner than later.

vandit0022
07-23-2012, 12:37 AM
Well, whats wrong with the brakes? You just have to try them to see if they work without the boat on the trailer. Check the reservoir and make sure there's fluid in it, as well as the lines. I changed mine out to electric over hydraulic and it's just way easier to tow with that configuration with the weight and size of the 80.

osbornda
07-26-2012, 02:57 AM
Well, whats wrong with the brakes? You just have to try them to see if they work without the boat on the trailer. Check the reservoir and make sure there's fluid in it, as well as the lines. I changed mine out to electric over hydraulic and it's just way easier to tow with that configuration with the weight and size of the 80.
I know they dont engage....I guess I'll start with fluid....then probably bleeding....

willyt
07-27-2012, 09:57 AM
I have an Extreme Triple axle for my X-80.....I have never used the trailer brakes....its about a 7 year old trailer.....where do I start the process of troubleshooting....I want the brakes working sooner than later.

you have an X-80....
and a triple axle trailer...
and no trailer brakes?

osbornda
07-31-2012, 06:51 PM
hah....yes....I have a triple axle extreme trailer and have never used the trailer brakes. I live in Hawaii and the boat travels about 200 ft to the water, however if I want to launch on the otherside of the island i'd like to have the brakes working!

erkoehler
08-01-2012, 01:02 AM
You will likely need a new master cylinder. Followed by bleeding the system.

osbornda
08-01-2012, 02:59 AM
looks like I'll order a new mastercylinder....any good rec's are where to order for the extreme trailer?