PDA

View Full Version : Ski School Ideas

DJ 50
07-13-2012, 02:09 AM
Wife and I are thinking about going to ski school on vacation, probably next year. Looking just the two of us. School for slalom. We both are free skiers and have never attempted the course. We want to stay in the US. Would not want a place with dorm style sleeping arangments. We have our own equipment. We probably would not want to devote the entire vacation to sking so it would be nice to have something else around, more on the relaxing side versues the adventure side. I would love California but am very open to other ideas.

D3skier
07-13-2012, 02:15 AM
if the east coast is an option look at Trophy Lakes in Charleston SC
or there are several schools in FL as well. I really like Trophy and Coble ski schools but Coble is more of a dorm type setup and out in the middle of nowhere but awesome ski lakes no matter the wind conditions

DJ 50
07-13-2012, 02:26 AM
Every where in the US is an option. My biggest wants are a school good for beginers. Also a school that if we just make the skiing part half of the vacation, there is something else in the area to do. I don't have to stay at the school the whole time, just don't want to drive hours from one to the next.

crank
07-13-2012, 06:38 AM
Four words........Jack Travers, Sunset Lakes

kjohnson
07-13-2012, 08:41 AM
if the east coast is an option look at Trophy Lakes in Charleston SC
or there are several schools in FL as well. I really like Trophy and Coble ski schools but Coble is more of a dorm type setup and out in the middle of nowhere but awesome ski lakes no matter the wind conditions

I have been to Coble twice and it has everything you are asking for. April and her family run it and are very nice. It is out in the middle of nowhere though, so there isn't mich to do at night. Seth Stisher has a school in Charleston, SC (not at Trophy Lakes) and there is a lot more to do in Charleston. My two cents worth.

Latin Flyer
07-15-2012, 05:07 PM
Come onnnnnnn, any school in Florida, the best place in the world!

ntidsl
07-15-2012, 05:43 PM
Jodi Fisher has a great place in Orlando so you can do everything. His house is fantastic and he has the best set up. He's travelling thru the summer but answers his email. Have fun...I did!

Mgboyd25
07-15-2012, 08:57 PM
McCormicks is the very best, Close to Tampa and they have a cable park.