PDA

View Full Version : Starting issue LTR that just turned 1k hours

swatguy
07-12-2012, 01:07 AM
Well I hit 1000 hours about a month ago on my LTR. I take pretty good care of the engine doing all required routine stuff so am confident in another 1k.

However at the end of the last season and now during the extreme heat I am having a small issue starting when it's hot. I did search a bit and found that vapor lock on these particular setups with te in tank pump are rare. So am curious if I am missing something maintainance wise.

So when is hot and I run the boat and then turn it off after swapping from boarding to surfing it has a hard restart. The starter and everything engages perfectly it fires up every time but it bogs down just a bit and I need to juice it or even sart it with a little throttle engaged. It will always turn over and fire up just on some ocassions it needs the juice to stay running or it will bog down and stall. Curious if it's more of a tune up issue or if it may be a maintainance issue. Are there places I should check or parts i should swap that are sometimes overlooked. I have chalked it up to this just may be the result of over 1 k on the engine. I did do new plug wires 3 yrs ago and have new plugs in there this season after the fog oil burned off.

mikeg205
07-12-2012, 12:08 PM
Hey Swat...what's the temp run up to when you turn off the motor? I was having the same issue I tried running a 160 t-stat...then swapped back to a 142 and issue went away....you may have a t-stat that's causing the motor to run a bit warmer than the ecm likes or the ECT needs to be replaced...

swatguy
07-12-2012, 12:20 PM
You know what I am not really sure in exact temps. I am pretty sure it's around 160 range. I know where it is in the dial but can't recall the exact number off top of my head but 160-180 sounds like it may be the number.