PDA

View Full Version : Intermittent Fuel Gauge on 2002 X30

San Bernard Rider
07-11-2012, 02:15 PM
Not sure if I have an electrical problem or what, but the fuel gauge only works when it wants to now. All other gauges work perfectly. Fuel gauge always (except for once or twice) vibrates/cycles with the rest of the gauges upon start-up but then just stays on E. When it does work, the reading is accurate and steady, it never jumps around. I am not sure if this is a grounding/electrical issue and the gauge is not always getting enough power or what. It does cycle but occassionally it doesn't seem to vibrate as much as the other gauges when they cycle. Any help/hints for where to start would be greatly appreciated.

j.mccreight@hotmail.com
07-11-2012, 09:49 PM
If its intermittenly working I would think there's a loose connection somewhere, heres a good read on fuel senders...
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=48823&highlight=Fuel+sender

stennes
07-12-2012, 02:21 AM
Not sure if I have an electrical problem or what, but the fuel gauge only works when it wants to now. All other gauges work perfectly. Fuel gauge always (except for once or twice) vibrates/cycles with the rest of the gauges upon start-up but then just stays on E. When it does work, the reading is accurate and steady, it never jumps around. I am not sure if this is a grounding/electrical issue and the gauge is not always getting enough power or what. It does cycle but occassionally it doesn't seem to vibrate as much as the other gauges when they cycle. Any help/hints for where to start would be greatly appreciated.

I had the same problem with mine (03 X30), check the connections on the ground plate under the dash. Mine was loose. Now my sender is out, which I need to deal with.