PDA

View Full Version : Recommend a slalom camp...?

bigmac
08-26-2005, 08:39 AM
I have a buddy that loves slalom skiing. Sadly, he pretty much sucks at it. As I was noticing the truly amazing amount of slack he was getting in his cuts yesterday morning, it struck me that my less-than-expert suggestions weren't going to do it for him, given the fact that I've been making those suggestions for almost 18 months.

Can anybody suggest a 2-3 day slalom camp in the upper midwest, as close to central Minnesota as possible?

shepherd
08-26-2005, 08:50 AM
Don't know of any in upper midwest, but UMP does. See his thread at

http://www.tmcowners.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=4781

If you can combine a vacation to Orlando with ski school, I highly recommend it. Orlando is ski school central. I went to the Carl Roberge ski school a few times years ago and it improved my skiing 100$!. Very laid back atmosphere on a private lake, and the man himself would often be in the boat teaching you.

(Anybody know if Roberge is still in business?)

Upper Michigan Prostar190
08-26-2005, 01:41 PM
He can try Northpoint in Eagle River, WI. Thats where I went. Slack line was one of my problems too, and Chris helped me with it. WHile I am not ready to compete with Chris Parrish next weekend :uglyhamme I did make alot of improvements. Keeping the rope handle on my hips was one of the big things too. and I learned I was overskiing the boat creating the slack. I learned to control the turn in 2 parts. Its well worth the money IMO. PM me if you need any info. :wavey:

I hope that helps

UMP

rodltg2
08-26-2005, 01:52 PM
ive heard great things about coble ski in nc. i havent gone yet but i would love too.