PDA

View Full Version : Clean 2006 X1

agarabaghi
07-10-2012, 01:10 PM
Just finished cleaning it after it sat in the water for ~3 months.

Pulled all the cushions out and washed them / stored them in the garage.

On Off Hull cleaner to remove the plants growing on the hull hahah...

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/4470/imagetzhg.jpg

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/9908/imagelog.jpg

Has anyone used a bug bomb / fogger in thier boat. I noticed there were ants and some roaches, so i put the cover on and let a bomb off under neath it. I figure im putting the boat in storage for a week, it should help kill off the bugs!

ttu
07-10-2012, 01:13 PM
boat looks great.

curious about the bug bomb also. I keep my x2 in storage by the lake and it always has spiders and so forth in it when i pick it up.

agarabaghi
07-10-2012, 01:16 PM
I will let you know. Only thing i could see being an issue is that they say turn off all pilot lights etc, so i think making sure it is well ventilated before cranking it up is important.

02ProstarSammyD
07-10-2012, 01:36 PM
^you should do that anyways lol. I'm curious about the same but I use the spray on mine. I have trees that touch my bimini/tower in the driveway so the ants come flowing in quick. I just spray inside of the compartments and on top of the bimini. I don't know if those chemicals are safe for vinyl long term but who knows

snork
07-10-2012, 02:28 PM
I don't recomment Ortho Orthene powder unless you like the way it smells

agarabaghi
07-10-2012, 02:59 PM
lol. good to know. should we ask why you don't recommend it.

The raid bug bomb has been going for 2 hours... ill probably air it out from under the cover in another 2 hours. Im a bit worried about a residue left from the fog on the seats.

pmkkdx
07-10-2012, 03:02 PM
I don't recomment Ortho Orthene powder unless you like the way it smells

Carry a small baggy of that in your car to make the cops suspicious of you having coke ... until they take a whiff :rolleyes:

LYNRDSKYNRD
07-10-2012, 03:03 PM
Agreed that the boat looks great man I love the WHITE/BLACK color!

No advice on bug bomb.

agarabaghi
07-10-2012, 03:03 PM
haha. i dont need any cop attention.

agarabaghi
07-10-2012, 04:01 PM
Agreed that the boat looks great man I love the WHITE/BLACK color!

No advice on bug bomb.

Thanks! I really like how it matches my trucks haha

As for the bug bomb i just went and put the post on the cover since it's abvout to rain and there are a few dead roaches laying around, not residue, so all in all i would say this might be something i will start to do every couple of months