PDA

View Full Version : 2006 X2 ballast help

wely324
07-08-2012, 03:44 PM
Haven't been on here in a while but need some help with my ballast for my 2006 x2. I just put in the boat this week and only my KGB ballast pump is working, the port and starboard ballast pumps are not working.

I checked the breakers, the port seemed to be popped but even pushing it back in, nothing changed. I also checked the impeller on the starboard side to see if there was any impeller damage. none.

I'm going to check later to see if all the pumps are getting power. Just seems odd that the kgb works and not the others unless both motors on the rear pumps went bad.

any help is appreciated. thanks, billy.

sand2snow22
07-08-2012, 05:01 PM
What color impeller? Make sure you have green impellers. Do you hear the pumps come on? Use a test light to make sure there is power to the pumps.

mastercraft210
07-08-2012, 05:04 PM
try opening the pumps and remove the impeller.Then try if the pump roates.If not try to adjust the pin with a small wrench or other tool if you can lose it.Also spray a lot of oil inside to get the bearing creased again.Often after a long period of not using the water will drain true the seal in the bearing and then it will not rotate.
Otherwise there is a problem with the relays but that is not often with both pumps.

c640947
07-13-2012, 02:26 PM
Yeah I think relays were bad on mine. They are coming in the mail this week so I know know soon.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=48636

Chief
07-13-2012, 02:37 PM
Open the circut breaker box and look for loose ground. I had a ground come loose causing loss of starboard pump.

tr6coug
07-13-2012, 03:51 PM
+1 on that. I had mine apart a few weeks ago and all of the connections were loose. Add some star washers or lock washers to the connections.