PDA

View Full Version : Used X-2 / Maristar 200 Pricing

Nvrgvup
07-08-2012, 03:27 PM
Hey Guys;

My wife is getting the itch to replace our 83' with something newer for our family. We have 2 young boys 5 & 8. My 8 yr old is just getting into wakeboarding.

Typically only we go out however sometimes it would be nice for room for 8.

We looked at an X-2 this week and really liked it even though I still like the X-45.

To make things worse, or better I found an 08' Maristar SS200 fully loaded up with a X-2 package minus the ballist. Wife really, really liked the light and dark blue color combo. Don't really need the saltwater package being up north however dealer I think is having a hard time moving it due to the color and SS package.

Any thoughts on what would be a good price to shoot for a 06'+ Maristar 200 or X-2?

Thanks!!

brucemac
07-08-2012, 04:32 PM
not sure on price, wouldn't want to guess without more info, but the dealer is likely having a hard time selling it due to the fact it doesn't have a ballast system. that would be a fairly time consuming and costly addition post-sale (for automated setup) and one i would think you would want in the long run and for resale. not saying you couldn't do it, but i'm guessing it is discouraging other potential buyers. i'm sure someone else will chime in on cost soon. best of luck with your search.

Nvrgvup
07-08-2012, 07:06 PM
Thanks!!

Here's a link to the one my wife likes.

Dealer told me $2k to add the stock X2 ballist system.

http://www.mastercraftboatsofchicago.com/m_vehicledetail.asp?pov=2351152&ps=14

Any thoughts appreciated. My concern is that the X2 may end up being too small, where something like a X45 may be too huge, however we could take it out on Lake Erie.

AZX9
07-08-2012, 09:30 PM
Summer is in full swing and come labor day they will be hurting to get rid of it. Settle on a price that makes you feel good then have them install the system at that price to close the deal. The closed cooling system will most likely shorten your winterizing chores.

Nvrgvup
07-08-2012, 10:10 PM
That's a good point. What do you think a good end of season, steal it price for that boat would be since it has the "Hello Kitty Team Package"?

swatguy
07-08-2012, 11:55 PM
Adding an aftermarket ballast is a much better solution than the factory mc system anyways. I don't think he can actually add the factory tanks because they were built into the floor. I am not 100% on that. Again tho adding the ballast afterwards is not a bad thing at all and I would prefer it over the newer systems inside the newer boats. You can get bigger bags, more ballast, and faster pumps. You can do it yourself easily for under 3k and have a kick *** system. A dealer will charge u up the arse fair labor unless you negotiate it in in the price. Again tho dont do factory. Add bigger bags right off the get go. When you surf or board you will appreciate it. Just make sure the font use timers and make sure the don't integrate them through the VDIG system if it has it

Thrall
07-09-2012, 12:06 AM
You're in the NW so the SS pkg would be great on the coast. Use the lack of ballast As a bargaining chip, even though it would be great to add a real ballast system to the X2. Set it up how you want. Good winter project.
Bigger drawback if you trailer alot is the single axle trailer, IMO. The 200 tows heavy.
Plus you'd have to drive 4000mi to get it.
No ballast, single trailer, long drive I'd go 42k personally.

BrooksfamX2
07-09-2012, 12:39 AM
I paid 46k for my 07 X2 last November. 97 hours, tandem axle, have spent another 2k for odds and ends (cover, spare, gel refresh, etc)

Nvrgvup
07-09-2012, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the feedback. I am thinking $42k max. especially with some of the uniquenesses of the boat.

Smoothie
07-09-2012, 05:41 PM
Get the biggest boat your willing to pay for (within reason of course). I went with the best wake in my price range I wish I had gone the opposite with twin 5 year olds. Also dont get too blinded by brand loyalty unless your just one of those hard core MC guys. I think a ballastless X2 is not worth anywhere near 46k. Even though that boat seems big it will get small real quick. Xstar guy is right you can put your own system in the hardest part is putting in switches in. Good luck but I would think X25 way before an X2 ever especially if you can afford a 45.

bhasser
07-09-2012, 05:46 PM
I paid $36k for an 06 Maristar 200 with the upgraded MCX and only 104 hours, the boat was/is mint. I didn't want the tower or ballast but like the idea I can add it later if we move or want it then. I have 3 kids and regularly have 8 in the boat, it is plenty big and there is tons of storage. I had a 23' Malibu before and while it was bigger, it wasn't needed except for the 4th of July when we tried putting 14 people in it to watch the fireworks. How often will you really have more than 8 in the boat, rated to 11? If often go bigger if not you should be fine. They hold there value well, if you find you are outgrowing it as long as you buy it right it will be easy to trade in.

rgardjr1
07-10-2012, 02:16 AM
Rolling back the clock a little over 4 years ago I bought our 2006 200SS from a private seller with under 50 hours for $40K at the end of August (pretty much the end of the boating season around here). Our boat had the complete X-2 package including the factory ballast tanks and the billet dash. I really like the closed cooled Crusader. It is a piece of cake for the routine oil changes, impeller changes, and winterization. I will look for another SS boat in the future if we upgrade even though I don't see us ever using our boat in salt. Salt does take its toll on the billet if the previous owner wasn't diligent about rinsing the boat out. There are threads about people tearing out the factory ballast tanks to add custom sacks so I wouldn't shy away from the boat just because it doesn't have the tanks. I think Thrall is in the ball park in the low $40Ks.

Nvrgvup
07-10-2012, 10:57 AM
Thanks those are some good prices you guys nailed on the 200's. Nice part is the boat was never in salt. I think I am going to play the waiting game and see if I can snag it cheap at the end of the season. If not there is always another.

surfacetension
07-10-2012, 11:28 AM
I have a 2007 X 2 and as far as size goes it's great , room for 11 plus it's a dream to tow, Launch, and store , I agree on the single axle trailer comment dual is the way to go . But they may upgrade for the 46K price , Your wife is right the boat really has eyes and as far as the ballast goes there are aftermarket set up that are far better than stock, Also I don't see how the Salt water pakg can be anything but good. 4000 miles to get a boat is a bit far

Nvrgvup
07-10-2012, 12:59 PM
Personally I don't need the trailer now. I dry dock at a marina and the trailer sits outside.

I guess I also have to change my location as I am in Ohio and the boat is about 4 hrs away.

zamboniman
07-10-2012, 06:36 PM
Low 40's make your end of season offer now if you're in position to.. take it or leave it.. you never know they may bite.. summer's not getting any longer and at this point it may as well be fall for them.. or at least they should be thinking along those lines.. I live close to that dealer and this market is struggling due to low water levels.. there isn't much water in our lakes and it isn't getting any better with no rain.

For reference I picked up a ~130hr minty 2008 actual X2 no compromise for around 42 private party sale in the same market last fall. The deals are out there. Despite what people are hanging out there for a sale price don't be afraid to offer what you're willing to pay. All they can say is no. If they are truly motivated to sell things can happen.

Also note that any compromise you are possibly thinking with the configuration (color, options, etc) you'll be owning for the next sale.. so if it's not what you really want I'd pause at this amount of money until the right thing comes up. What's making it hard for them to move will be hard for you to move. So the price really really must be right.. which as priced it surely isn't.. therefore it's still there.