PDA

View Full Version : wileys high top or basis boots

allycat
07-06-2012, 12:54 AM
have just brought a 012 triumph with basis boot and have an connelly outlaw with a wileys boot was thinking of swaping the wileys to the triumpth as prably going to sell the outlaw just wondering what the experts think is the better boot.i like how the wileys comes of when i stack but is a bit hard to get on .have not tryed the basis yet its to bloody cold here(or the ski)

mikeg205
07-06-2012, 10:40 AM
which wiley boots do you have...the Basis boot is just and entry level boot. Not a bad boot - but I am a free skier and switching from an Ho comp free ride to a triumph and moving basis boots to new triumph. The triumph still a mid level ski but a good one....I can't wait to get on mine...waiting on it to arrive via UPS this week.

The basis boots don't force the forward lean like most wileys...I like my setup...

allycat
07-06-2012, 03:16 PM
its a wileys front slalom high wrap model has pro series wrote on it.also looking forward to trying the ski hope it turns a lot better than the outlaw doese

mikeg205
07-06-2012, 04:02 PM
Oh you will be happy...the outlaw is like turning a bus and my comp free ride is like turning a a big car. The Triumph gets you to a level of ski that will turn like a jet... not like a fighter jet mind you as the HO coefficient and syndicate. You'll probably spend a bit more time under the water on a deep water start...split second or two more but you feel it.

allycat
07-06-2012, 04:17 PM
thanks your telling me what i wanted to hear hopefully should still get out okay on the deepwater starts will wait and see

itch2ski
07-08-2012, 06:49 PM
You should have no trouble getting up on the Triumph, it's a higher performance ski than what you were on, but is still a little wider (more surface area = easier to get up on) than the high performance skis. As far as the boots, my first question is how old are your Wileys? Wileys are good boots and have a strong following. If you are happy with them you may want to hang on to them and try both sets on the ski come spring. If the Wileys are older there is the possibility that the rubber has broken down/degraded and is not as supportive as it should be and could be prone to tearing at some point. The Basis is an entry/intermediate boot, but is made of newer materials that shouldn't degrade as easily. They also should provide more support as they are made of stiffer materials than just rubber. Always best to try them both and decide!

allycat
07-09-2012, 06:38 AM
thanks for the reply yep i am planning on trying both.was just interested in what the experts thought of these boots the wileys are only 6 months old like new done little work. have never used lace up style boots on a ski before will be interested to see how they go.just started skiing again last year after a 15 year brake and love it