View Full Version : Johnson or Jabsco Oil Change pump???

07-05-2012, 10:17 PM
Does anyone have any experience with either of these? Need to pick up one to make life a little easier.

Thanks, Greg

07-06-2012, 10:15 AM
i have the jabsco..its just OK. Im not overly comfortable sticking a plastic tube down the dipstick tube as i have heard many and seen one instance of the tube breaking off...i guess over time they get brittle..anyway i used an old spark plug boot and a compression fitting at the end of my jabsco tube to create an air tight seal over the dipstick tube...does the job fine and i dont have to cram that plastic tube down the dipstick tube. The pump is slow but it works and i have had it for years...obviously the warmer the oil the quicker job..i seem to never really get the oil that hot..next time im gonna really warm it up so i expect better results.

07-08-2012, 09:25 AM
Anyone else??

07-09-2012, 10:54 PM
I have the Jabsco and it seems to work fine. After warming up the oil, I use the oil drain hose rather than the dipstick tube to remove the old oil. I'm more confident that I'm getting more of the old oil out that way.

07-10-2012, 10:43 AM
I have the Jabsco, but I stopped using it. I prefer to use the oil drain hose without the pump.

07-10-2012, 04:14 PM
mityvac 7400 works great for me for trans fluid, brake fluid. For my oil, I let it drain from the hose overnight when oil is still warm.....that way you get all of it out.

07-11-2012, 01:13 AM
for $7 bucks at wal-mart, this works pretty well for draining transmission oil....