PDA

View Full Version : Grease on Upholstry

Brian_Wilson
07-05-2012, 03:10 PM
I was refueling the boat on the water and my buddy sat one of the jugs on the seat. It must have had oil on the bottom of the jug. I have tried simple green and mildew remover.

Worried abut trying something stronger, looking for recommendations.

chopp
07-05-2012, 08:12 PM
i have looked into this before and the Malco leather and vinyl cleaner gets a good mention. try a search , there is heaps of info on cleaners

Cloaked
07-05-2012, 08:17 PM
I was refueling the boat on the water and my buddy sat one of the jugs on the seat. It must have had oil on the bottom of the jug. I have tried simple green and mildew remover.

Worried abut trying something stronger, looking for recommendations.I use GoJo. Works every time for me. Upholstery, work clothes, hands, etc....

HDAVIS
07-05-2012, 08:17 PM
What about magic eraser??

Brian_Wilson
07-06-2012, 12:56 AM
magic eraser worked with some effort. GoJo is a great idea, Ill try that next time.

tideengineer
07-06-2012, 08:27 AM
my boat lift slung some grease the other day...used Goo Gone...worked like a champ.

jafo9
07-06-2012, 09:06 AM
magic eraser will also remove your vinyl if you are too aggressive.

addictedoffroad
07-06-2012, 09:33 AM
Best non-harsh degreaser I have ever used is Oil Eater. I own an offroad shop and deal with a lot of 80w-90 gear oil. Its the only thing that will get the smell out of my clothes. It sprays on clear and works great. I've used it on leather in my cars to clean it with excellent results, and just use a leather/vinyl treatment afterwards.

You can buy it at Oreilly's in a spray bottle or by the gallon. I swear by it.

Simple Green is worthless in comparison.