PDA

View Full Version : Tower speakers

hadzinak
07-04-2012, 05:47 PM
I just bought a pair of tower speakers with lights and I want to add them next to my already existing pair of tower speakers ... Once I am able to unscrew the caps ( not sure how after 5 years... ) how easy is it going to be to add wires from the speakers to the amp ? Ohh I have an 07 X2SS...

MCVOLS
07-04-2012, 05:59 PM
Unless it was a change from '07 to '08, the tower should have the harness already there for 4 speakers, and you can simply plug in the speakers, at least that is how it was on my '08. At the amp, you should also be able to see those same speaker wires as well.

ttu
07-04-2012, 06:18 PM
I just bought a pair of tower speakers with lights and I want to add them next to my already existing pair of tower speakers ... Once I am able to unscrew the caps ( not sure how after 5 years... ) how easy is it going to be to add wires from the
speakers to the amp ? Ohh I have an 07 X2SS...

simply remove the cap and all wires are in the towers.

MLA
07-04-2012, 08:43 PM
The green/green blk and purple/purple black wires are for the speakers. The blue/white and black wires are for the lights. The speaker wires should be bundled up in the amp area. The tower light wires may not be terminated to a switch and just bundled up under the tower leg where it comes through the deck.

hadzinak
07-05-2012, 12:49 AM
I ll check and get back. Thanks. Anyone have an idea how to loosen the screws from the caps without causing too much damage ? I have never ever unscrewed them and the boat has had a few hours at salt water