PDA

View Full Version : Allegiant Air

milkmania
07-04-2012, 01:08 PM
has anyone flown Allegiant Air?
I can fly round trip and return a week later for $207.00 AFTER tax and baggage fees.

pmikler
07-04-2012, 01:31 PM
I have out Sanford FL. We found that they had extra fees upon arriving at the airport. We went back and read the fine print and realized that if we would bought the tickets in advance at the airport as opposed to online it would have saved us money. Don't expect free peanuts and water on the flight- they charge. All in all not bad though

milkmania
07-04-2012, 01:55 PM
I have out Sanford FL. We found that they had extra fees upon arriving at the airport. We went back and read the fine print and realized that if we would bought the tickets in advance at the airport as opposed to online it would have saved us money. Don't expect free peanuts and water on the flight- they charge. All in all not bad though

I'm not looking for frills..... basically need a ride to and from. For a non-stop flight, I'd fly the jump-seat, if I had to.
traveling by myself with no time constraints.

What's Sanford airport like?

I'd be flying out of XNA (Northwest Arkansas), looked at their flight history and they average 20 minutes late (no big deal) but I don't want to be sitting on the tarmac for 2 hours like I did one time at DFW:mad:

pmikler
07-04-2012, 02:16 PM
Sanford is a great airport for 2 reasons - its new and small meaning you can get in and out quick. Its close to a toll road that can get you to all points north and south fairly quickly. Its no frills for sure but ill fly them again if they are going where I need to go. Sanford has a fair amount of int'l flights as well.

h2oskifreak
07-04-2012, 02:38 PM
We fly them a lot from Western CO to Vegas. Price advertised is not the price you pay. Our fare starts at $39.00 ea way and by the time you are done with fees, taxes bags, etc. it's about $230 round trip. Beats the heck out of driving and it truely makes for a long weekend instead of 10 hours on the road each way.
If you are willing to take a chance and walk up to the counter and have a carry on, it can be much cheaper.