PDA

View Full Version : Replacing my electronic ignition have tach question...

03geetee
07-03-2012, 07:15 PM
Guys,

My tach will fly all over the place in the key on position until the motor fires up. What causes this and is it a symptom of another problem? I am going to replace my older electronic ignition with a newer pertronix ignitor II and was just curious to see if the issues were linked.

Thank you.

JTR

scottpiper27
07-05-2012, 12:42 AM
Hey JTR - Can't say for sure if they are linked. I just did the exact same thing, replaced my old ignition on my 1990 PS 190 with a new pertronix Flamethrower. My tach had that same problem before and after installation, so it makes think they are not linked. I could be wrong, but I suspect the problem does not lie with the electric convertion but another underlying issue. Good luck and let me know if you figure out exactly what it might be.
-Scott

03geetee
07-05-2012, 08:54 AM
Hey JTR - Can't say for sure if they are linked. I just did the exact same thing, replaced my old ignition on my 1990 PS 190 with a new pertronix Flamethrower. My tach had that same problem before and after installation, so it makes think they are not linked. I could be wrong, but I suspect the problem does not lie with the electric convertion but another underlying issue. Good luck and let me know if you figure out exactly what it might be.
-Scott

Thanks dude!

JTR