PDA

View Full Version : My X30 Arrived Today!

JTNG
07-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Sorry for the crappy pictures but I was limited on Space, i will have better ones when we take actual delivery on Saturday. Color Combo is Black, White, and Gunmetal Flake. Quite and operation unloading it from the Semi!! Was able to pull it back to the dealer behind my truck. Helped Chris at Portland Ski Boat Center Unwrap and do the initial inspection. Over All I am happy with the Boat and Trailer. The only things wrong are: 1. the struts that hold the passenger seat up dont work. 2. Ordered surf tabs and didnt get them. 3. Ordered tower speakers and didnt get them. 4. Ordered fibergalss platform and got teak ( I knew that might happen) 5. Center windshield finish worn off due to no padding under strap for temporary cover. Will be going in on Saturday to take a drive and finish up the punch list. The dealer will take care of the speakers before then, the tabs, platform, and windshield will happen at the 10 hour service?? Not worried about Portland Ski Boat Center they have always backed me up in Service!! The is the 1st MC I have taken delivery of that didnt come as ordered though, so kinda bummed on that one.:confused: I'm Sure Chris & Mark will have it in as perfect of condition as they can before Saturday!!

oxberger
07-03-2012, 03:00 PM
Congrats! That's an awesome boat. Sorry there were some issues, but like you said your dealer sounds like they are on the ball. Enjoy!!!... and more pictures.

MattsCraft
07-03-2012, 03:02 PM
Nice boat, I think the QC department at MC needs a replacement:rolleyes:

snork
07-03-2012, 03:03 PM
Very nice color combo.
Did it have the appropriate amps for the tower speakers?
Have them credit you for the MC tower speaker and get some Rev10's instead
No surf tabs? ***
Love the Teak

BrooksfamX2
07-03-2012, 03:09 PM
Nice!!!

jafo9
07-03-2012, 03:39 PM
i don't think i could have watched my new baby being lifted off the flatbed.

congrats.

g-Dog
07-03-2012, 03:42 PM
Love the color combo...but that black on the vinyl would fuse to my thighs out here in the valley. 8p

TN X-45
07-03-2012, 03:51 PM
GORGEOUS! I am surprised you could watch that - when I dry stacked mine, I couldn't watch when the fork lift put it in the water. See if they will throw in the teak platform - you may want it later?

Lumbergh
07-03-2012, 04:04 PM
http://i470.photobucket.com/albums/rr66/Lumbergh556/MOG.jpg

JTNG
07-03-2012, 04:28 PM
Very nice color combo.
Did it have the appropriate amps for the tower speakers?
Have them credit you for the MC tower speaker and get some Rev10's instead
No surf tabs? ***
Love the Teak

Checking on the amps!! Thanks for the heads up, spaced that one off! Like the Rev 10s but kinda like to keep that factory look.:D

JTNG
07-03-2012, 04:31 PM
Love the color combo...but that black on the vinyl would fuse to my thighs out here in the valley. 8p

Yes, on the black I am a little concerned? But it looks nice! Chris at PSBC said with the new material (like neoprene) it shouldnt get that hot? Lets Hope So?

Goinbroke
07-03-2012, 04:40 PM
AWESOME BOAT!
I just sold an 08 X-35 and very confused as to which boat to get next. How much factory ballast does it have? Website has little info.
Please keep up posted on wake. WE LOVE SURFING! So I'm looking for the best surf boat in MC line. A
Any info would be a huge help.
thanks

JTNG
07-03-2012, 04:44 PM
AWESOME BOAT!
I just sold an 08 X-35 and very confused as to which boat to get next. How much factory ballast does it have? Website has little info.
Please keep up posted on wake. WE LOVE SURFING! So I'm looking for the best surf boat in MC line. A
Any info would be a huge help.
thanks

I will keep you posted!! Taking it up to Detroit Lake on Sunday to put in the slip. Hopefull will get some good pics. I will get the ballast info for you.

lettmeknow
07-03-2012, 05:17 PM
Does anythng leave the MC factory as ordered turn key , issue free ready to go. It seems like MC really puts alot on the dealers. I couldnt imaigne spending that much money on a boat ony to have it go back multiple times to get it right.

Voodoo
07-03-2012, 05:20 PM
Nice boat, I think the QC department at MC needs a replacement:rolleyes:

Based upon many of the threads regarding new MC boats and the myriad of issues involving delivery timelines, manufacturing quality, no response to customer queries, etc -- heck, this guy didn't even get what he ordered...seems like the new boats are real pieces of crap, and grossly overpriced to boot.

Voodoo

DemolitionMan
07-03-2012, 05:27 PM
Nice Boat!!!

Fab
07-03-2012, 05:27 PM
nice boat but those issues are just a total shame...buying a new MC thse days seems to be a PITA...They "just" forgot about k$ of options on your boat !!

lettmeknow
07-03-2012, 05:48 PM
I guess the good thing is that none of those issues render the boat unusbale. Hopefully your intial water test goes well !

bartman
07-03-2012, 05:53 PM
i don't think i could have watched my new baby being lifted off the flatbed.

congrats.

LOL!!! That would be like the doctor dangling a newborn by the cord and handing it off to the nurse!

aquaman
07-03-2012, 06:23 PM
Nice boat....post some pics when you launch her.

JDC
07-03-2012, 06:39 PM
LOL!!! That would be like the doctor dangling a newborn by the cord and handing it off to the nurse!Your post made me LOL more than the one YOU referenced. :D

To the OP, congratulations! Beautiful boat! More pictures, please! :)

I'd love to be able to order a new MC of my choosing, but as my wife pointed out before we started looking (for used), if I had a new boat, I'd be too concerned about every little nick, scratch, issue, etc. Hearing about all the delivery issues, reinforces my happiness that we bought used.

I'm still jealous though. 8p Enjoy!

Heelgrad
07-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Yes, on the black I am a little concerned? But it looks nice! Chris at PSBC said with the new material (like neoprene) it shouldnt get that hot? Lets Hope So?

Depending where you live, that black is gonna get hot unfortunately. I live in North Carolina and my Navy trim gets smoking in the sun. It looks like neoprene for sure but it still absorbs the heat quite a bit. My wife wishes I had got a different trim color but at this point i tell her what's done is done. Next boat I'll make some different choices. Hope all works out well for you. Great looking X30!! MC owes you some definite upgrades on the things they missed for you.

bcd
07-03-2012, 06:53 PM
Checking on the amps!! Thanks for the heads up, spaced that one off! Like the Rev 10s but kinda like to keep that factory look.:D

Be careful with Rev 10s on the new towers. I put rev 8s on my ZFT2, and they are pretty close to the swivel board racks. I don't think rev 10s would clear. You could probably mount 2 on the inner pods, but you would be hitting your head on them constantly. I still haven't learned with my 2 rev 8s mounted on the outer pods. When you're coming up from bent over, they leave pretty good lumps on your head.

bcd
07-03-2012, 06:55 PM
Depending where you live, that black is gonna get hot unfortunately. I live in North Carolina and my Navy trim gets smoking in the sun. It looks like neoprene for sure but it still absorbs the heat quite a bit. My wife wishes I had got a different trim color but at this point i tell her what's done is done. Next boat I'll make some different choices. Hope all works out well for you. Great looking X30!! MC owes you some definite upgrades on the things they missed for you.

I got some black on my boat. I was worried about it, but didn't like the looks without it. I also figured it doesn't ever get blistering hot here. It does get hot, but there is some truth to it being cooler than normal. I was tied up next to an 08 Malibu at Brostock this year, and his vinyl was noticeably hotter than mine.

JTNG
07-03-2012, 07:33 PM
I got some black on my boat. I was worried about it, but didn't like the looks without it. I also figured it doesn't ever get blistering hot here. It does get hot, but there is some truth to it being cooler than normal. I was tied up next to an 08 Malibu at Brostock this year, and his vinyl was noticeably hotter than mine.

Hey, I live in the Portland Oregon area and moore our boat up in a Cascade Mountain Lake at about 1700 feet elevation. There is about 3 weeks out of the summer that it gets above 90 degrees. We are now looking at our 1st shot of summer with temps above 80 degrees for the next week. Hopefully it wont get to hot or my wife (whom i had to talk into the boat and black interior) will be pissed! And as we all know if MOMMA AINT HAPPY, NO BODY IS HAPPY!!!!

CottagerGreg
07-03-2012, 10:36 PM
looks great! Congratulations!

2RLAKE
07-03-2012, 10:50 PM
i love the new x30 ... incredible boat .. probably my new favorite MC ... huge congrats

scott023
07-03-2012, 11:13 PM
Very nice. Congrats.

Brian B
07-04-2012, 01:05 AM
LOL!!! That would be like the doctor dangling a newborn by the cord and handing it off to the nurse!

lmao My son had his umbilical cord wrapped around his neck twice. The doctor swung him by his feet to unwrap the cord. I nearly had a heart attack!

I'm loving all these new X-30 threads! Congrats on your purchase!

willyt
07-05-2012, 12:43 PM
some of these boats arriving without purchased options blows my mind....

awesome looking 30. I've read somewhere that 2 pair of rev 10's will not fit on that tower, and after seeing the rev8's on there that doesnt surprise me. I have 2 pair of rev8's on my tower and i can VERY clearly hear the music behind the boat (so can everyone else... which is why we've gotten noise complaints)

Double
07-05-2012, 04:03 PM
congrats on your X30, I love mine. Those seats still get hot though. I didn't think surf tabs were an option on the 2012 with the new hull design. I was told the hull design made surf tabs oboslete on this boat!

Scott
07-05-2012, 06:48 PM
Surf tabs wernt available.. I saw the email, from the factory, to the dealer.. Mine was originally ordered, with them..

congrats on your X30, I love mine. Those seats still get hot though. I didn't think surf tabs were an option on the 2012 with the new hull design. I was told the hull design made surf tabs oboslete on this boat!

mikeg205
07-05-2012, 11:02 PM
Very nice.....Getting a new Mastercraft...an experience not everyone gets to have...good for you!
I would have to close my eyes when the boat was lifted off trailer... and be told when it's over.

Have a great summer with it....

Goinbroke
07-11-2012, 01:36 PM
Surf report please!

KnoxVol
07-11-2012, 04:07 PM
Surf report please!

I can tell you in my X30 that the boat surfs great. I've had up to 11 people in it and had as few as just me and my wife with a 900lb Sumo Sac in the rear locker and it has surfed awesome.

Specter
07-11-2012, 04:58 PM
I can tell you in my X30 that the boat surfs great. I've had up to 11 people in it and had as few as just me and my wife with a 900lb Sumo Sac in the rear locker and it has surfed awesome.

I echo KnoxVol. I've surfed on factory ballasts with 6 people in the boat and it was incredible. With 2 people on factory ballast it's a struggle but 400lbs should do the trick.

Not sure if you've seen this video but it should help.

http://youtu.be/VYeIFrblcJg

HartlandX1
07-11-2012, 09:07 PM
I will keep you posted!! Taking it up to Detroit Lake on Sunday to put in the slip. Hopefull will get some good pics. I will get the ballast info for you.

gotta be the nicest boat on Detroit