PDA

View Full Version : 88 PS 190 for sale

imracerx
08-25-2005, 01:25 PM
Hi Everyone,

I listed my 88 Mastercraft Prostar 190 for sale in the marketplace for 7800 about a week ago. I also listed it yesterday on E-bay with a 6000 starting bid and no reserve. It is item # 4571241811 You can search for the item # or try this link:

http://cm.ebay.com/cm/ck/1065-29296-2357-0?uid=37661217&site=0&ver=LCA080805&item=4571241811&lk=URL

I am getting married in 3 weeks and could use the extra cash!

Sorry about the for sale post in the forum but thought someone may be interested....

shepherd
08-25-2005, 02:01 PM
So I guess you'll take $6000 for it?

Why do California boats have "CF" in their numbers? Shouldn't it be "CA"???

I'M Racer X dude, choose a different superhero :D

Danimal
08-25-2005, 02:11 PM
RacerX (aka Rex Racer) was not a super hero... He was the long lost brother of Speed Racer. :D

redmike
08-25-2005, 02:18 PM
think the speedos don't work beacuse there are no sending units on the transom.....

MarkP
08-25-2005, 03:05 PM
think the speedos don't work beacuse there are no sending units on the transom.....
That could be a problem..

Clean looking boat though.. Good luck. If it was closer I would send my neighbor to look at it. I hear the ski wake on those is great..

stumbledog
08-25-2005, 03:37 PM
Michigan boats have MC and you would think it would be MI.

ktn_cmu
08-25-2005, 04:09 PM
MC, and probably CF, are on there because Michigan watercraft used the letters MC before MI was standardized as the abbreviation for Michigan. Since there was no standardization for the abbreviation of states at that time...they chose MC.

Kyle

shepherd
08-25-2005, 04:20 PM
Michigan boats have MC and you would think it would be MI.

MC. Now that's really appropriate ;)

Just kidding about the Racer X thing man. I just like it as an avatar.
Danimal, have you seen him drive??? He MUST have superpowers :worthy:

Danimal
08-25-2005, 05:35 PM
Danimal, have you seen him drive??? He MUST have superpowers :worthy:

Now that you mention it... he is always saving his little brothers' arse and does wear a mask. I must re-think this.

PeteS
08-26-2005, 09:32 AM
That could be a problem..

Clean looking boat though.. Good luck. If it was closer I would send my neighbor to look at it. I hear the ski wake on those is great..

The best ski wakes in my opinion. Although, I may be be a little biased :). I ski behind a friend's '95 Sammy Duval PS 190, and that wake is very comparable.

I noticed on the boat for sale carpet above the gunnels, where ussually a black hand-rail runs. Any reason why that was removed?

MarkP
08-26-2005, 09:41 AM
The best ski wakes in my opinion. Although, I may be be a little biased :). I ski behind a friend's '95 Sammy Duval PS 190, and that wake is very comparable.

I noticed on the boat for sale carpet above the gunnels, where ussually a black hand-rail runs. Any reason why that was removed?Good eye.. Wonder, Whats up with that??

BrianM
08-26-2005, 10:56 AM
I noticed on the boat for sale carpet above the gunnels, where ussually a black hand-rail runs. Any reason why that was removed?

It looks like grey Trax not carpet. Nice idea for stepping in and out of the boat. If you ask me the handrails along there are worthless wheere they are they are not really useful.

erkoehler
08-26-2005, 11:01 AM
It looks like grey Trax not carpet. Nice idea for stepping in and out of the boat. If you ask me the handrails along there are worthless wheere they are they are not really useful.

What are you talking about, they are very useful for hanging golves and coiled ropes to dry!

Kevin 89MC
08-26-2005, 11:33 AM
I noticed that the handrails and the "ski storage" panels on the side were gone too (unless it's different than my '89). It does clean up the interior . . . My handrails are not really used, and those side storage panels only hold my light, paddle, ropes, quart of oil, and a few tools. I never thought of putting a ski there until I read in the brochure that's what they were for. I thought of pulling mine, too, but these boats have such limited storage already. Interesting to see what it looks like without them!
Kevin

PeteS
08-26-2005, 11:53 AM
I noticed that the handrails and the "ski storage" panels on the side were gone too (unless it's different than my '89). It does clean up the interior . . . My handrails are not really used, and those side storage panels only hold my light, paddle, ropes, quart of oil, and a few tools. I never thought of putting a ski there until I read in the brochure that's what they were for. I thought of pulling mine, too, but these boats have such limited storage already. Interesting to see what it looks like without them!
Kevin
That's an interesting point, as I've never thought of gunnel storage pannels as a spot for ski storage. Do you use yours much now for ski storage? I may try this weekend when we go out -- although, my Goode sleeps inside after the morning is done.

imracerx
08-28-2005, 11:15 PM
Hi All,

I removed the side panels to make room. Now I can shove a wakeboard or skis under there with no problem.

The gunnels actually have hydro-turf on them. It's the stuff they put on the bottom of Jet Ski's. It keeps you from slipping when you step on it whether it is wet or dry, stays soft, and covers up the ugly holes where the mounting rails and the mounts for the side pieces used to be.

Auction is up to 6470... C'mon. I know you guys want to bid on this baby! :D

erkoehler
08-29-2005, 12:23 AM
I use the ski storage on the side all the time. Always have the combos on one side, and either a trick ski or slalom ski in its bag on the other.

east tx skier
08-29-2005, 10:19 AM
A definite improvement in later models like yours, Erk. The 93 brochure shows a slalom ski in the side storage, but I can't get any of our skis to fit and have no intention of muscling them in there.

H20skeefreek
08-29-2005, 10:55 AM
I noticed that boat has a FRAM filter on it. Just to let you guys know: don't EVER use a fram filter. They are cheaply made with cardboard and glue on the inside. those parts have been known to come loose and circulate through the engine. use Purolator or Motorcraft. they are the best.

erkoehler
08-29-2005, 12:00 PM
A definite improvement in later models like yours, Erk. The 93 brochure shows a slalom ski in the side storage, but I can't get any of our skis to fit and have no intention of muscling them in there.

I still wish that I had a ski locker in the back :o

east tx skier
08-29-2005, 12:18 PM
I've got one in the floor I never use.

pilot02
08-29-2005, 01:16 PM
I noticed that boat has a FRAM filter on it. Just to let you guys know: don't EVER use a fram filter. They are cheaply made with cardboard and glue on the inside. those parts have been known to come loose and circulate through the engine. use Purolator or Motorcraft. they are the best.

Sorry, but I have to disagree on this one.. Fram is actually one of the better filter's if you check Consumer Reports. Having worked for years in the automotive industry (mechanical and collision), I've never been impressed with purolator.