PDA

View Full Version : What are you doing for the 4th?

g-Dog
07-03-2012, 12:10 PM
We're packing up the wife, dog and boat and heading to my parents house at Lake Almanor. In-laws are going to meet us there too...it should be a hoot.:rolleyes: The lake is absolutely beautiful. The wind usually kicks up in the afternoon and turns it into an ocean...so the only time to really ski or board in in the early morning. The country club has a fireworks show at the tip of the peninsula in the middle of the lake for the 4th. You can get out on the lake and float almost under them while they're going off...kinda cool.

Stay safe all you crazy people and have a happy 4th of July.:D

ntidsl
07-03-2012, 12:13 PM
I'll be sitting on the shoreline watching all the looneys on the water. I'll be out at 7am Thursday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday but not after noon!!!

Be safe guys!

onejdgreen
07-03-2012, 12:17 PM
This afternoon we are packing up and heading to our lake house in NW Iowa. Its going to be HOT!!! :firejump: But we will be putting hours on the 2 MCs, skiing, boarding, and footin'!! While we all enjoy a fun and safe holiday (I don't want to be reading about any MC owners in accidents or anyone for that matter), lets not forget what we are celebrating! Happy Birthday to the greatest country on earth and God Bless AMERICA!!! :toast:

2RLAKE
07-03-2012, 12:34 PM
This afternoon we are packing up and heading to our lake house in NW Iowa. Its going to be HOT!!! :firejump: But we will be putting hours on the 2 MCs, skiing, boarding, and footin'!! While we all enjoy a fun and safe holiday (I don't want to be reading about any MC owners in accidents or anyone for that matter), lets not forget what we are celebrating! Happy Birthday to the greatest country on earth and God Bless AMERICA!!! :toast:

amen there ... God bless this great country

Huskie05
07-03-2012, 12:38 PM
Taking the x55 to Powell, houseboat trip until the 12th. Beer me.
Happy 4th all, be safe.

SilviaMan
07-03-2012, 12:39 PM
on the fourth I am taking cover and staying around the house... but the 5 and 6th I plan to hit the lake if possible!

ctjahn
07-03-2012, 12:48 PM
Stayin cool, relaxing and washing the rig...

Leaving for Gingerman Raceway on the 5th for an SCCA Double National.... Hopefully traffic will not be bad coming back through Chicago sunday night (but I know it will...)

cj

TN X-45
07-03-2012, 12:56 PM
Heading out to see fireworks tonight and Friday on the lake. Likely bring the kids tonight and give the wifey a break for a bit. Then lots of lake and sun for the rest of the week!

Stx221
07-03-2012, 01:03 PM
Assuming the weather cooperates, spending the whole day on Sebago Lake (Maine) with some friends. I think I will probably have a pretty packed boat, but it should still be fun. I am really looking forward to it. However, I just wish I didn't have to travel for work first thing Thursday morning....

tideengineer
07-03-2012, 01:05 PM
Going 5 miles north of town at 4pm this morning to get some skiing in...then putting the boat up until Thursday afternoon...how you guys like this map? Arrows point to home and lake house...the other symbol shows my work!

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc392/tideengineer/house.png

76S&S
07-03-2012, 01:23 PM
Looks like we will be showing our lake house this week/weekend. Put it on the market last weekend and we have shoppers lined up.

It's all temporary, just moving to another body of water!

barefoot
07-03-2012, 01:24 PM
Happy 4th everyone!

We'll be on the water the rest of the week. We have some friends coming in from Colorado, beer's cold in the fridge, and plenty of goodness for grilling. We'll also be catching two night of Dave Matthews at Alpine Valley.

A great week of relaxing is about ready to start...after my 1pm meeting. The 4th is always a rockin' good weekend for us! Be safe and have fun!

tideengineer
07-03-2012, 02:11 PM
If you know a soldier or a veteran tell'em "thanks". I'll be with my dad who was a chopper pilot in Vietnam.

starman205
07-03-2012, 02:27 PM
Heading to Deer Lake just west of St Croix Falls, WI this afternoon, spending all day tomorrow there with friends and my MC of course. :D

76S&S
07-03-2012, 02:45 PM
If you know a soldier or a veteran tell'em "thanks". I'll be with my dad who was a chopper pilot in Vietnam.

Tell dad thanks from the gang at TT.

Wish my dad was still around to thank

oxberger
07-03-2012, 03:13 PM
I'll be home with the wife staring at the old S&S project in progress... FAR away from the lake madness here in middle TN. Learned my lesson the hard way and took some people out for the 4th on the lake and with all the idiots and drunks will NEVER do it again. Stay safe everyone and thanks to all our military!!!

tideengineer
07-03-2012, 03:24 PM
Will do 76S&S.

DemolitionMan
07-03-2012, 04:29 PM
Hanging at the house waiting on the weekend!

pmkkdx
07-03-2012, 05:51 PM
I mentioned to the wife about maybe taking the boat to Lake LBJ tomorrow ... to which I got a look of pure shock and amazement (I am the anal person who would NEVER go or let our kids go to the lake on a holiday, much less the 4th of July). But what I was really meaning was to take it out for a few hours and load up early afternoon before too many of the crazy's made it out. It is in the middle of the week type holiday, so should be about as tame as a holiday could get. We will just have to see on that.

then some friends are having a back yard pool party tomorrow afternoon into evening that we will very likely make it to, fireworks at dark.

langedp
07-03-2012, 06:58 PM
Staying at the lake house enjoying this warm summer weather. Been here since last Friday and will stay until Sunday. Lake hasn't been too busy so far. We'll see what the 4th brings. If it's too bad I'll pull the boats out and give 'em a good wax. Be safe!

Chrisoswald
07-03-2012, 08:03 PM
early morning in the 190 on the boom then switching to the deckboat to battle the Lanier crowd..that is if it stops raining!!! bottom just fell out

02ProstarSammyD
07-06-2012, 10:28 AM
Managed to get up, get sets in, and be the first boat in the party cove. Out at 2 with 35 boats bumpers to bumpers. Always a bad sign when we were bartering nudity and boat music for beers by 11 am.

What a great 4th. Hope everyone had a safe and fun one