PDA

View Full Version : Great Britain MC Pricing

Ryan
08-25-2005, 01:48 PM
Sizzler and others

Is this pricing standard? If it is, how much does a new 197 cost?? I know there is a little FOB destination shipping and currency conversion but yikes :eek: As if your lake restrictions and 'petrol' prices aren't enough.

GB 03 197 on Ebay (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4571273112&fromMakeTrack=true)

Starting bid: GBP 27,995.00 (Approximately US $50,293.02)
Buy It Now price: GBP 29,995.00 (Approximately US $53,886.02)

mark g
08-25-2005, 04:11 PM
unfortunatly ryan its about the right price for uk although it does seem high but not by much, it does look clean if you look out on ebay over here you can see most newer boats are around that price the older ones are cheaper though, roughly my 88 190 is about eight thousand pounds thats roughly 14500 $$ alot dearer than over in your area.
as always there is the odd bargain to be had but you got to be quick, and theres usually a price to pay for a cheap boat.

sand2snow22
08-25-2005, 05:41 PM
unfortunatly ryan its about the right price for uk although it does seem high but not by much, it does look clean if you look out on ebay over here you can see most newer boats are around that price the older ones are cheaper though, roughly my 88 190 is about eight thousand pounds thats roughly 14500 $$ alot dearer than over in your area.
as always there is the odd bargain to be had but you got to be quick, and theres usually a price to pay for a cheap boat.

I'm thinking buy over here and import? Would have to crunch the numbers, but my that's expense. Then again, everything seems more expensive over there.......

mark g
08-25-2005, 05:52 PM
lots doing it already friend of mine at our club brought one over this year saved a load of cash, obviously the newer you buy the bigger the savings.& your right everything is a lot dearer over here, good old british government ,think we pay taxes on taxes
andf if we dont then we pay tax on what we dont pay ???? end result pay the tax man.

T Scott
08-25-2005, 06:29 PM
I actually sold a 1995 Prostar 190 to a gentleman in London. He was telling me that he saved over $5000 by buying it here in the States and shipping it over there. Could be a good export/import business. Win/Win all the way around!

sand2snow22
08-25-2005, 06:47 PM
Could be a good export/import business. Win/Win all the way around!

Those were exactly my thoughts. I thought about importing used German cars from Germany awhile ago, but changing the bumpers, speedo, and smog requirements was too costly. Don't think you would have to change much on a boat. I do see Mastercraft has a European engine option, tho?

shepherd
08-26-2005, 09:42 AM
Could be a good export/import business. Win/Win all the way around!

Well, from what Mark g is saying, the UK govt would be happy to get their grubby tax fingers in that pie :cool: Probably kill much of your expected profits. That may be why MC has to charge so much.