PDA

View Full Version : Let's compare 2012 B.I.G. and GDIG settings ...

EA2010
07-02-2012, 12:49 PM
I took pix of my BIG and GDIG software versions and settings this morning. I'd be interested in how they compare to the settings in your 2012 boat (factory, upgraded, custom, other) ...

EA2010
07-02-2012, 12:51 PM
Here's my BIG software version (unchanged from factory: Dec '11 build):

EA2010
07-02-2012, 12:52 PM
Here is the BIG diagnostic screen (can't recall the exact name, sorry):

EA2010
07-02-2012, 12:53 PM
Here are my stock Perfect Pass settings.

Note: my Zero Off cruise control was really dialled in this weekend. More on that in a different post ...

EA2010
07-02-2012, 12:54 PM
Here is the stock GDIG software version in my X-25:

EA2010
07-02-2012, 12:56 PM
Please let me know if you have any newer versions of the BIG and GDIG software.

Thanks, people.

Lucky26
07-02-2012, 02:10 PM
Here's my BIG software version (unchanged from factory: Dec '11 build):

My big software version 2012 X - 35 delivered in april. v01381-38. SN 6000DOE50AFF
VDIG 0.20 10/18/11

MSTR V 01 00
SLAV V 01 00

Lucky26
07-02-2012, 02:14 PM
EA2010 I just sent you a PM.

willyt
07-02-2012, 02:49 PM
i friggin hate when my engine temperature is 4E

even worse that your voltage is EE. what is that, like 2 electrons? thats not much power

Nick911
07-02-2012, 07:04 PM
2012 X25 Delivered in March

http://img.tapatalk.com/4ac69690-28d2-6060.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/4ac69690-28f3-3e7b.jpg
http://img.tapatalk.com/4ac69690-2913-8840.jpg

Nick911
07-02-2012, 08:03 PM
My settings. Still dialing in CS, NN, and KDW. These work well for surf speeds but aren't that great for wakeboarding.

The RPM settings are set for my engine and prop (Ilmor 6.0 MV8 with Acme 2214 prop). I have not put GPS on speedo yet.

http://img.tapatalk.com/8eb317c4-36e0-3d8d.jpg

08M3Sedanski
07-02-2012, 08:07 PM
i friggin hate when my engine temperature is 4E

even worse that your voltage is EE. what is that, like 2 electrons? thats not much power

EE is HEX for 238. With two digit HEX there are 256 intervals of precision so 238/256 is about 93% of maximum. If maximum is 14 volts then EE is about 13 volts.

4E is 78 or about 30% of whatever the max temperature reading is that can be read.

Lucky26
07-02-2012, 09:00 PM
Nick911,
do you have zero off.

Nick911
07-02-2012, 09:23 PM
No Zero off, just PP.

Lucky26
07-02-2012, 09:27 PM
I wonder why I have different version of big software. I will call my dealer Tuesday.
Thanks

bjames
07-03-2012, 12:43 PM
Here are my stock Perfect Pass settings.

Note: my Zero Off cruise control was really dialled in this weekend. More on that in a different post ...

EA2010, Do you have Perfect pass or Zero Off. I see your GDIG says Zero Off at the bottom of the guage, but the BIG is calling it Perfect Pass. Just wondering if there may be a discrepancy. I would expect that the BIG should indicate Zero Off.

Quinten
07-05-2012, 01:00 PM
On our VDig is this, the slav is giving noting :s
VDIG 0.20 10/18/11

MSTR V 01 00
SLAV V ++++++++++

Stefan
07-06-2012, 04:59 AM
my buggy GDIG is v0.20 which supposedly can't be updated to anything higher :mad::mad::mad:

http://i1171.photobucket.com/albums/r547/c43amg/Foto.jpg

Heelgrad
07-08-2012, 11:17 PM
I was finally able to get out today and get some pics for comparison purposes. It looks as though my GDIG is version 2.2, manufactured on 3/19/12. Not sure if I should be happy about that, but I will say that I am fortunately not having any of the buggy issues that some are experiencing with their BIG system. I did have some time to get the correct RPMs corresponding to the 24-30 MPH speeds in PP setup and it really helped my Perfect Pass tremendously. I played around with it alot and it is holding speed perfectly in both RPM and MPH modes now. These are the screenshots I got today for you all to check out:

Nick911
07-09-2012, 12:13 AM
Looks like you have an updated BIG as well.

Nick911
07-09-2012, 12:14 AM
I was finally able to get out today and get some pics for comparison purposes. It looks as though my GDIG is version 2.2, manufactured on 3/19/12. Not sure if I should be happy about that, but I will say that I am fortunately not having any of the buggy issues that some are experiencing with their BIG system. I did have some time to get the correct RPMs corresponding to the 24-30 MPH speeds in PP setup and it really helped my Perfect Pass tremendously. I played around with it alot and it is holding speed perfectly in both RPM and MPH modes now. These are the screenshots I got today for you all to check out:

What model is your boat? How are your fuel tank level and ballast tank levels working?

Heelgrad
07-09-2012, 12:53 AM
X45. Only issue I have with the fuel tank level is that when I'm pulling someone my gauge will read 1/2 full when in reality it's only 1/4 full. Once I come to idle it corrects itself. In my experience, that happens on most boats. No other issues with gauges or tank level. Regarding ballast tank levels, I have had no problems with gauges showing empty when water was still in the tanks, having to cycle the switches multiple times to empty tanks or gauges quickly going from 0-100% or 100 to 0%. Knock on wood, but it seems I've been pretty fortunate thus far. If I had a version 2.0 and was experiencing the problems many others are having, I'd be in someone's ear about getting an upgrade to my GDIG and/or BIG.

Lucky26
07-09-2012, 09:20 AM
Has anyone had any luck getting the software upgrades from their dealer? My BIG version is 38 where I have seen 45 and 48 versions. My first two attempts of getting upgrades from Dockside side Marine In Conroe have been unsuccessful.

Heelgrad
07-09-2012, 09:34 AM
Don't know if it's a dealer thing or an MC thing, but I'm curious why so many are getting pushback when requesting new software versions? Can the BIGs be easily upgraded or is it a difficult process? I would think it would be standard business practice to release new versions to current 2012 BIG owners with older software versions. Once the current model year ends production I could see being asked to pay a charge for any software upgrade but during current model year production it should be standard fare IMO.

Stefan
07-09-2012, 09:42 AM
Don't know if it's a dealer thing or an MC thing, but I'm curious why so many are getting pushback when requesting new software versions? Can the BIGs be easily upgraded or is it a difficult process? I would think it would be standard business practice to release new versions to current 2012 BIG owners with older software versions. Once the current model year ends production I could see being asked to pay a charge for any software upgrade but during current model year production it should be standard fare IMO.

Updating is pretty easy, just copy the update onto a flashdrive, insert, restart the big or choose update in the system menu.

A charge is only reasonable for value adds (and still no good politics) but they're still in the process of getting this thing bug free... and imo miles away from that...so bugfixes must be free and available! I'm more worried about them changing the supplier for 2013/2014 which seems they will do. Since good software developers cost a bit, will we 2012 owners ever get bug-free BIG's???

Heelgrad
07-09-2012, 09:52 AM
Updating is pretty easy, just copy the update onto a flashdrive, insert, restart the big or choose update in the system menu.

A charge is only reasonable for value adds (and still no good politics) but they're still in the process of getting this thing bug free... and imo miles away from that...so bugfixes must be free and available! I'm more worried about them changing the supplier for 2013/2014 which seems they will do. Since good software developers cost a bit, will we 2012 owners ever get bug-free BIG's???

Very good question. A change in supplier could possibly put up quite a roadblock in getting new software releases out. That would be a bitter pill to swallow. Here's hoping MC will step up and get these bugs worked out once and for all...:toast::toast::toast:

Lucky26
07-09-2012, 10:25 AM
My dealer acted dumbfounded about upgrades and directed me to MC. MC tech services wanted to know what kind of issues I was having with my 2012. I said "are you serious" and asked him if he knew what team talk was? MC tech guy then went on to tell me that if I had issues with my BIG system to take it to my dealer and let him figure out what the problem is. I then asked him If I could get SW upgrades from him and he said that was not possible and I had to go through my dealer.

Lucky26
07-09-2012, 10:28 AM

Where did you get update?

bjames
07-09-2012, 01:24 PM
IMO, I think MC should offer the firmware updates on their support site.

Stefan
07-09-2012, 01:32 PM
Lucky26 check your pm! or send me a pm with your email... everyone else feel free to ask...

Lucky26
07-09-2012, 02:10 PM
Stefan, What version of GDID software are you running?

Stefan
07-09-2012, 02:13 PM
currently v0.20 why?

Lucky26
07-09-2012, 02:18 PM
When I spoke with MC tech services the guy said not to get the versions on BIG and GDID too far apart to prevent communication issues. If you have no issues then 48 should be fine for me.

Heelgrad
07-09-2012, 02:26 PM
Anyone know what the most current software versions of BIG and GDIG are?

Lucky26
07-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Anyone know what the most current software versions of BIG and GDIG are?

BIG Version 48 and GDIG V0.22 are the latest I have seen

Heelgrad
07-09-2012, 02:28 PM
That's what I thought. Was just curious.

Lucky26
07-09-2012, 02:38 PM
Lucky26 check your pm! or send me a pm with your email... everyone else feel free to ask...
Sent you PM

Stefan
07-09-2012, 02:40 PM
Since I'm still having multiple problems, of which by now a defective sumlog sensor seems the worst of all, (despite and or because ZeroOff) I'll have to let you know later this week. But for now they seem to work fine together...

Sent you Email ;-)

Stefan
04-16-2013, 01:06 AM
recent firmware versions GDIG v0.25, BIG v01381-54 (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=925409&postcount=113)

lentiman
01-24-2014, 05:39 PM
recent firmware versions GDIG v0.25, BIG v01381-54 (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showpost.php?p=925409&postcount=113)

It's been nearly a year, does anyone have an GDIG software version higher that this?

KahunaCraft
01-24-2014, 07:21 PM
That is the latest version. To the best of my knowledge.

They mentioned on their Facebook posts that they "may" update older versions of software for gen2 ...

Kevin@MWMC
01-25-2014, 12:55 PM

It's been nearly a year, does anyone have an GDIG software version higher that this?

Those are the latest software versions for both.

Stefan
01-25-2014, 02:23 PM

I'm assuming you have not yet been out with the new to you X2...

What are your worries?

There are still a couple of (minor) flaws in the latest versions, but they work fine. I'm not sure if there'll be any further developement on the medallion system, although as Kahuna said MC wrote something in that way in one of their last FB post (no promises though). Seems MC wants to make up some for some of the hard times of the past, which would be great...

lentiman
01-25-2014, 09:48 PM
Worries? I don't even have my boat yet and I have MCOCD. The only skiing I'm doing until April or May is downhill. That said, the boat will be my toy and I'd like it sorted out before the season hits. It will normally live about an hour and a half from the local dealer so I'd like everything ironed out prior to putting it in the lake. I'm really disappointed that MC really hosed the 2012's in regards to ballast and general integratedness of the systems in the boat. Years prior and afterward seem fine. Our local dealer is wrapped up with our boat show until the Super Bowl. Afterwards I'll have the boat and will talk to service and MC to see if anything can be done other than just throw a fat sac in the back. If this boat, other than ballast, wasn't so clean and I wasn't getting such a great deal I'd probably not get a 2012 boat. But it is a sweet boat. I'd just like additional ballast to be integrated.

For reference, if I bought an Audi S4 (or pick your premium car and insert it here) and I got it home I'd be happy with it. If I couldn't swap out wheels without rewiring the car, I'd feel it was a failure of Audi. It's a premium car, and reasonable mods are to be expected and should be supported or at least they should be feasible. The same is true with MC. They are a or "the" premium ski boat maker. The owners of 2012 boats got hosed with ballast and electronics. I really don't feel that ANY bugs are acceptable and integrating ballast should be easy, even without plug and play. With my boat it's looking increasingly impossible. I also want to add a heater and have to figure out if I'm going to have to pay to get a hotter cracking thermostat on my Ilmor or if MC will cover it. Again, lots of changes in 2012 and the results were a sub-awesome product. Okay, enough of a Debbie Downer though. Some of this is the product of buying a boat in January. Super delayed gratification. Meh. I'll feel much better when I can at least work on my boat. I'll be offering free cheese to go along with my whine.

Stefan
01-26-2014, 03:35 AM
I could have qouted all you wrote but I'll stay with this ;)

Some of this is the product of buying a boat in January. Super delayed gratification. .

Tell me about it, just finalized a deal for an X-46 that I've been negotiating since October which I probably won't be driving / riding behind until April/May...I start to hate winter although we love to powder-board...

Anyways, you picked a much better time to buy a 2012 then I did 2 years ago...If you care read (my) much much older posts, but then again don't do it since most of it is sorted out now

concerning additional ballast: my nearly unnoticed thread (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=55006) assuming you need a touchsreen for that, because you can't do other than 100% percent filling without it.
btw my programming interface will find a new owner in North America once I sold my 2012 boat, you might imagine who that could be :D

You might also consider this additional remote (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=48788) , not having to switch to the audio screen all the time makes use of the touch so much easier.

About the thermostat, you're right, and I would have worked on that too if I were not sell my 2012 boat. I read somewhere there's a service bulletin out on this, not on the heater install though ;)

About the S4, I used to have a S4 convertible ;) but I'd get a RS5/RS4 these days :D:D:D

KahunaCraft
01-28-2014, 07:53 PM
:-)

Here are some tips on what you need to do with your 2012.

1. If you want more ballast integrated to the touch screen...I over rotated and over thought the ballasts - if - you're surfing or adding ballast for bigger wake board kickers - the integration doesn't become important, speed to fill and dump is key. Just add two thru-hulls and two new pumps and skip the headaches ... This will fill the bags faster and you'll be thankful down the road. You can add timers to these pumps to make it semi automatic.

Dialling it in for surfing becomes simple with fast fill/drain options, you'll find a setting and stick with it on year two of ownership.

Do not piggy back the KGB. I did and I regret it, lots of headaches I can explain on a PM.

2. Change the impeller every season or 100 hrs.

3. If you don't have Zero-Off, insist on having it.

4. Heater, if it doesn't have a heater - add one.

5. I would add a hard wired stereo remote near the throttle or close to the driver side dash - don't bother controlling the stereo with the touch screen, it works but is not idea while driving.

6. The bilge pumps needed to be repositioned to be flat in my X30. They would not shutoff because of the angle they were installed at and caused a lot of problems for me.

7. If you are adding the old gen1 surf tabs, I hear the actuator for the 2012's can be installed differently and the gen1 surf tabs positioned slightly different to achieve the similar results to the gen2 tabs... I'm looking at this option for mine at the moment. I likely won't jump at it until others try it and can confirm that it works.

In summary, 2012 boats with zero off, a dash hard wired remote and a separate ballast system are great value and are not depreciating as some had expected.

I hope MC comes good on a solution for them for gen2 surf tabs...as does just about every 2012 owner that posts comments on Facebook, InstaGram and other social media (here).

lentiman
01-28-2014, 09:35 PM
Thanks for the input KahunaCraft. So I've got an X2 (2012), no touch screen, but do have stock surf tabs and an attitude plate. I also do have Zero Off. Please do let me know why you didn't like the integrated extra ballast, as that's what I'm planning on pursuing.

I plan on having an extra Jabsco green impeller and an extra Ilmor water pump impeller on the boat at all times.

I'm just waiting on the boat to get here to add a heater. I'll probably use the 3 outlet Maradyne unit. But I need to figure out if MC will change out the thermostat on the Ilmor first. It sounds like, based on what I've read, that the stock thermostat on the Ilmor is not hot enough to make a heater effective. If I have to change that too it's an added expense. The boat is winterized though so it's probably not too hard to do that myself. I want to make sure that the overtemp value is changed on the ECU also though, otherwise I'll just have overtemp warnings come on all the time.

It looks like there's a stock wired remote by the helm on my boat. Nothing fancy, but it should work.

My boat: http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=58732

KahunaCraft
01-29-2014, 05:15 AM
Once I updated the values of the timers, I've had trouble with the new values being over written by a service tech with the old ones during a follow up service. Therefore I needed to reprogram the timers, which is easy IF you have the tool to do that yourself. BUT....Dragging the boat 1 - 2 hrs each direction, twice, (8hrs driving) to have a computer updated negates ALL savings you may have over just installing two new pumps with timers.

I also think that there is a significant time savings, to fill/drain bags, in having the extra pumps and not in a piggyback configuration. Also consider that you could easily allow the two pumps to fill one side or the other in a multi-bag deployment.

In other words, you'll never save 8 hours of travel time + prime season down time, if you run into the over writing of the values accident I had and don't have the programming tool. In fact, the extra pumps will save you on the water time in filling/draining as well as hours on the hour-meter of the boat... You will typically run the boat while filling/draining...burning gas and racking up hours...

I forgot to mention to look at one double seacock thru hull from either wakemakers or super sacr. This avoids having two separate new holes. From there, add some manual valves to allow either pump to fill extra bags on the surf side. Again saving you a lot of time by having all pumps running at once. Do not to tap off the existing thru-hull to supply water to the new pumps, my super sacr was done like that and I regret it ...therefore this year I may add a thru-hull.

Next year as the surf modifications on 2012's mature, you can just fill both sides at the same time with the stock system and supplemental pumps, you'll be really happy to have that.

Finally, jabsco make a timer, use these if you want automation. Easy to program, no tools required, and reliable. That's what you'll want on the water.