PDA

View Full Version : Engine problems 2010 x15

Aric'sX15
07-01-2012, 08:46 PM
So the boat would idle really rough after a few sets of surfing, and couldn't rev up the rpm band without it almost dying. Now today, it started up fine cold, then ran it for a few minutes, and then I shut it off and it died. What is going on?! It has gas, and 239.6 hours. Mcx engine

snork
07-01-2012, 10:05 PM
can you say F'n FP
Just a guess

JimN
07-01-2012, 10:08 PM
So the boat would idle really rough after a few sets of surfing, and couldn't rev up the rpm band without it almost dying. Now today, it started up fine cold, then ran it for a few minutes, and then I shut it off and it died. What is going on?! It has gas, and 239.6 hours. Mcx engine

Do you make sure the oil cooler is clear before going out? If it's clogged, you might have overheated it. Otherwise, make sure you have correct fuel pressure.

Aric'sX15
07-02-2012, 02:02 AM
can you say F'n FP
Just a guess

Not sure what that means. Haha

Aric'sX15
07-02-2012, 02:03 AM
Do you make sure the oil cooler is clear before going out? If it's clogged, you might have overheated it. Otherwise, make sure you have correct fuel pressure.

I'm not even sure where the oil cooler is honestly. I'm taking it to txmc tuesday morning! I hope it's a quick fix!!

snork
07-02-2012, 10:19 AM
See if you have adequate fuel pressure at the fuel rail. FP Fuel Pump!!!!
Might not be the actual FP but FP related, disconnect power supply above gas tank and reconnect
Have you checked some of the other obvious things
Safety lanyard, ignition switch, ground wire, transmission position sensor...