PDA

View Full Version : Wipe down after trip

redraider08
07-01-2012, 02:53 PM
Just got a 2000 x star and wanting to know what everyone does to keep there boat clean right after you pull it out of the water. We have just been wiping it down with towels to dry off. Thanks!

D3skier
07-01-2012, 02:55 PM
I used a 1/4 to full bottle of vinegar mix to wipe the boat down after the trip... helped with keeping water spots off the boat

kgrove
07-01-2012, 03:10 PM
I used a 1/4 to full bottle of vinegar mix to wipe the boat down after the trip... helped with keeping water spots off the boat

Same for me. I keep a bucket with a couple squirt bottles of vinegar/water and small towels in the back of the tow car and put the kids and guests to work on the outside while I'm in the boat putting things away and cleaning up.

mikeg205
07-01-2012, 03:31 PM
1/4 vinegar + 1/8 simple green then the rest water - showroom new... now water spots and no grime or crud from boat launch area.

swatguy
07-01-2012, 05:03 PM
While vinegar is a great solution to hard water spots. The vinegar will strip the wax if used exclusively. I highly recommend boat blings hot sauce, or babes boat bright. Both are spot removers, and a wax/ with minor uv protectants. If I head out over the weekend and go in and out on a trailer a couple times I will use vinegar water. But at the end of trip it's def boat bling. The boat bling hot sauce gets rid of hard spots much better than the babes.

ttu
07-01-2012, 05:19 PM
While vinegar is a great solution to hard water spots. The vinegar will strip the wax if used exclusively. I highly recommend boat blings hot sauce, or babes boat bright. Both are spot removers, and a wax/ with minor uv protectants. If I head out over the weekend and go in and out on a trailer a couple times I will use vinegar water. But at the end of trip it's def boat bling. The boat bling hot sauce gets rid of hard spots much better than the babes.

ditto~! i used to use babes but it does not remove spots as well. however babes does smell better than hot sauce!!!!!

swatguy
07-01-2012, 05:30 PM
Sorry new iPhone glitch.

thatsmrmastercraft
07-01-2012, 05:35 PM

Working on increasing the post count:rolleyes::D:D

Cloaked
07-01-2012, 06:14 PM
Just got a 2000 x star and wanting to know what everyone does to keep there boat clean right after you pull it out of the water. We have just been wiping it down with towels to dry off. Thanks!Same here. Been working for me for the last 33 years of MCs.

tex
07-01-2012, 06:33 PM

....and a couple of cold beers to have and discuss how great we skied!

swatguy
07-01-2012, 06:56 PM
Funny you mentioned the smell of Babes. It was one of the other reasons I didn't want to switch either. Makes wiping it down so enjoyable. The boat bling hot sauce doesn't smell like chemical that much either

LaRue
07-01-2012, 07:29 PM

Same here.

itch2ski
07-01-2012, 10:51 PM
Does anyone use 303 protectant for this purpose? Just curious cause I have been debating between it and Boat Bling Hotsauce. I like the idea that 303 has a high uv protection.

redraider08
07-02-2012, 12:04 PM
It looks like i will try out the Boat Bling Hotsauce. I ordered a part for my trailer from Pacific Trailers last week which was $149, the order total needed to be $150 to get free shipping, so i added the Hotsauce not knowing anything about it. I tried a little out this morning before work and it looked really good!

Does anyone have any suggestions to get tar off the hull? I got a few spots on the boat pulling it to the lake this weekend.

ntidsl
07-02-2012, 12:10 PM
Rat Juice spray on wax period.

http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?t=48597

Also, I only use microfibers on my boat.

swatguy
07-02-2012, 12:11 PM
the 303 on the fiberglass will streak everywhere from my experiences. The boat bling has a bit of uv protect in it as well

76S&S
07-02-2012, 01:12 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions to get tar off the hull? I got a few spots on the boat pulling it to the lake this weekend.

Wd40 then a little wax

LaRue
07-02-2012, 04:26 PM
De-solv-it. Find it at your local hardware store.

Todd X14
07-02-2012, 09:32 PM
X2^^ always start less aggressive. Desolve it is citrus based. Should do the job.

orbeamlb
07-03-2012, 08:41 AM
Hard water here in Central Texas. I use Babes Water Spot Remover then follow with Babes Boat Bright. (May try the Boat Bling Hot Sauce - always looking for a better mousetrap)

meg
07-03-2012, 09:09 AM
Is just wiping it down beneficial without any product???

Meeker
07-03-2012, 09:49 AM
Last year, I just wiped down with no product. Kept the boat looking nice, but I had to wax regularly to keep the shine. This year I use Babes Boat Bright. After the first couple of applications, wipe downs are quick and easy, boat shines more, and less waxing is needed to keep the boat looking sharp.

You can certainly wipe down with no product, and it is better than nothing, but you will be happier using a product.