PDA

View Full Version : 2001 LTR water pump, UGHHH!!!

skongolf
06-30-2012, 08:04 PM
So I finally get my water pump delivered and have my mechanic pull the old one and he has a hell of a time getting the new one on. After about 15 min he lines up the holes in the flange of the new pump withe the holes in the flange of the old one. Low and behold two holes line up and one is an 1/8 of an inch off. So, do I try and return it for a new one and hopefully the holes line up or just take it to a machine shop to get the hole enlarged so it will fit. This has been really aggravating to me. My mechanic seems to think enlarging the hole should be ok as long as its done professionally. Any thoughts or experiences with this issue?

Brian B
06-30-2012, 08:10 PM
I had the same problem. Very frustrating......

Ended up getting the correct pump through a MC dealer....

JimN
06-30-2012, 08:18 PM
So I finally get my water pump delivered and have my mechanic pull the old one and he has a hell of a time getting the new one on. After about 15 min he lines up the holes in the flange of the new pump withe the holes in the flange of the old one. Low and behold two holes line up and one is an 1/8 of an inch off. So, do I try and return it for a new one and hopefully the holes line up or just take it to a machine shop to get the hole enlarged so it will fit. This has been really aggravating to me. My mechanic seems to think enlarging the hole should be ok as long as its done professionally. Any thoughts or experiences with this issue?

Raw water pump? There's supposed to be four holes- three for the bolts and a guide pin goes in the fourth. Where did you buy it? Isn't the manufacturer's name and part number on the original one?

Brian B
06-30-2012, 08:24 PM
On the LTR there are four bolts. Bolt holes are asymmetric if memory stands correct.

skongolf
06-30-2012, 08:50 PM
The LTR one only has 3 holes. It is an indmar pump and the part numbers match up. I got the pump from Charlotte ski boats so it is the right pump, just not sure why things don't line up. We tried every way possible.