PDA

View Full Version : Official: "Its College Football Season" Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

trickskier
08-29-2007, 10:02 PM
So your hoping for what.....8 wins, maybe 9 this year?
No, I'm hoping they will win another National Championship..............:D

Maristar210
08-29-2007, 10:04 PM
So your hoping for what.....8 wins, maybe 9 this year?

Your talking about Tressel's troops right?
Gators are going to be tough again. You can count on that. Urban has his ducks in a row and he also has Tressel's junk in is hand. Do you remember the embarassment? OSU did not show up for the title game, PERIOD...

sunsational
08-29-2007, 10:06 PM
Tricky, I have said (and still stand by) that the Buckeyes didn't show up last year against Florida. If they show up, it is a totally different game, but they didn't and we got our arses handed to us. As I've said before, congrats. OSU not beating an SEC opponent had a lot to do with that guy named Cooper.

But here is something that all of you SEC boys don't want to acknowledge from last year....Penn State beat Tennessee and Wisconsin beat Arkansas who was sopposed to be scary-good. So what is up with that? If the SEC is so darn special, why the outcome of those two games? Things that make you go HMMMMM.
Tennesse had Penn State beat til we fumbled going in for another score. Our fault and Penn State went on to beat us from the point on, but we had them for the majority of the game.

sunsational
08-29-2007, 10:07 PM
Tricky, I have said (and still stand by) that the Buckeyes didn't show up last year against Florida. If they show up, it is a totally different game, but they didn't and we got our arses handed to us. As I've said before, congrats. OSU not beating an SEC opponent had a lot to do with that guy named Cooper.

But here is something that all of you SEC boys don't want to acknowledge from last year....Penn State beat Tennessee and Wisconsin beat Arkansas who was sopposed to be scary-good. So what is up with that? If the SEC is so darn special, why the outcome of those two games? Things that make you go HMMMMM.
Tennesse had Penn State beat til we fumbled going in for another score. Our fault and Penn State went on to beat us from the point on, but we had them for the majority of the game.

captain planet
08-29-2007, 10:07 PM
Your talking about Tressel's troops right?
Gators are going to be tough again. You can count on that. Urban has his ducks in a row and he also has Tressel's junk in is hand. Do you remember the embarassment? OSU did not show up for the title game, PERIOD...
I have said all along Ohio State didn't show up.....but they did show up 40+ days earlier in THE Shoe.....REMEMBER?!?!? :D

Hey Maristar, when was the last time michigan showed up for a bowl game?????

Maristar210
08-29-2007, 10:10 PM
CP

This was about OSU vs Florida and you had to twist it to OSU v UM.

I can't help ho-mo :D

Maristar210
08-29-2007, 10:10 PM
Double post, sorry

trickskier
08-29-2007, 10:14 PM
I have said all along Ohio State didn't show up.....
I still don't get it.................It's not that OSU didn't SHOW-UP..........That's just a way to ease the pain..............I had a friend who was an FSU fan..............Acccording to him, FSU was never beaten by another team...........He always said FSU LOST the game......Come on give credit where credit is due..........The Gators WON the game........It sure looked to me like OSU had shown up when they returned the opening kickoff for a touchdown............;)

captain planet
08-29-2007, 10:25 PM
I still don't get it.................It's not that OSU didn't SHOW-UP..........That's just a way to ease the pain..............I had a friend who was an FSU fan..............Acccording to him, FSU was never beaten by another team...........He always said FSU LOST the game......Come on give credit where credit is due..........The Gators WON the game........It sure looked to me like OSU had shown up when they returned the opening kickoff for a touchdown............;)
Tricky, I have to say that there is NO WAY to ease the pain. To put it to you this way, it has been 18 years since the Bengals lost to the 49ers in SBXXIII, and I have to say I still get sick to my stomach and I get dizzy to think about it. This is worse because it is still fresh, but it still makes me get sick to think about it. It's like this, in the 90's Ohio State had the best players in the nation, but we had Cooper running the show..so OSU lost those games to michigan and their bowl games (actually cooper lost those games). Last year we had better personnel at every skill position, but they didn't show up. Smith was running like he had concrete blocks tied to his feet, Ginn breaks his ankle by getting tackled by his own player, and the o-line was playing red-light, green-light with the d-line all night.....they lost it.....and lost it bad. I'm not taking anything away from the gaytors, they played great, but I think Ohio State could have lost the game to Bowling Green that night.

trickskier
08-29-2007, 10:29 PM
Good Night CP..................:rolleyes:

LakePirate
08-29-2007, 10:29 PM

That along with Coker (leading rusher) not even being included in the game plan. Not because he was in trouble with the law, but for not taking care of business off the field.

captain planet
08-29-2007, 10:32 PM
Good Night CP..................:rolleyes:
sleep tight.....don't let the gaytors bite8p

OhioProstar
08-30-2007, 08:37 AM
So what is going on in Big Ten land? Ohio State is playing Youngstown St and scUM is playing Appalachia St? Mark my words this will hurt them come December in the BCS standings.

trickskier
08-30-2007, 08:38 AM
sleep tight.....don't let the gaytors bite8p
I've been sleeping with a Gator every night for the last 23 years.........I still have all of my limbs...............;)

BIGBADBLUE
08-30-2007, 09:11 AM
So what is going on in Big Ten land? Ohio State is playing Youngstown St and scUM is playing Appalachia St? Mark my words this will hurt them come December in the BCS standings.

naaaaaa ... will not hurt them that much at all. If you lose a game then you are done anyway this year and if either go undefeated (which OSU will not) they will be in NOLA.

I am thinking UM covers the 35 point spread against MSU this year. :)

OhioProstar
08-30-2007, 09:18 AM
We shall see I guess. I just don't understand playing a DII school when you have a number of warm up teams in DI. Hey if you are giving me 35 points I will take the Spartans to cover.

Maristar210
08-30-2007, 09:34 AM
We shall see I guess. I just don't understand playing a DII school when you have a number of warm up teams in DI. Hey if you are giving me 35 points I will take the Spartans to cover.

Your football program is like UM's basketball program......

Cirling the drain with a large sucking noise......8p

Knox's_Better_half
08-30-2007, 09:49 AM
It all starts tonight with the LSU game. This will be a great season....:rolleyes: .....for the GATORS :D

trickskier
08-30-2007, 09:52 AM
It's GREAT TO BE A F-L-O-R-I-D-A G-A-T-O-R!!!

BIGBADBLUE
08-30-2007, 09:55 AM
Your football program is like UM's basketball program......

Cirling the drain with a large sucking noise......8p

EXACTLY!!!! Only time we win is when we pay for our players. hmmmmm ... maybe we should try that again.

trickskier
08-30-2007, 11:39 AM
Yahoo!!! Just got 4 tickets!!! Headed to the "SWAMP" Saturday!!!

jaxrider
08-30-2007, 11:59 AM
Just another GATOR Lover that is excited for some football. Trick I had tickets and believe it or not I have a wedding to go to. Figures.....

KnoxX2
08-30-2007, 12:02 PM
Congrats Trick

Have a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO GATORS

trickskier
08-30-2007, 01:25 PM
Just another GATOR Lover that is excited for some football. Trick I had tickets and believe it or not I have a wedding to go to. Figures.....
That stinks..............Hey, if you hear of any Tix for the TN game I need 3...........Have a GREAT Weekend!!!..............:D
Congrats Trick

Have a great time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO GATORS
Thanks Knox................It's hard not to have a GOOD time when you're with your family in the "SWAMP" It's going to be HOT Saturday!!!

BIGBADBLUE
08-31-2007, 08:08 AM
We were just talking about this ....

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070831/SPORTS08/70831003/1054

trickskier
08-31-2007, 08:29 AM
That's hilarious.............I love these two statements............:D

"When you win a game, you riot. When you lose a game, you riot. When spring comes, you riot. African-American Heritage Festival weekend, you riot," she said on the tape, the Dispatch reports.

In 2002, though, she had officials do a "Buckeyes Fans Gone Wild!" film the day of the Michigan game. She said it showed people drunk by 8 a.m. and "doing disgusting things, unbelievable things." That night, "7,000 people flipped nine cars, burned them, kicked in windows of things."

P-hat_in_Cincy
08-31-2007, 08:41 AM
That's hilarious.............I love these two statements............:D

"When you win a game, you riot. When you lose a game, you riot. When spring comes, you riot. African-American Heritage Festival weekend, you riot," she said on the tape, the Dispatch reports.

In 2002, though, she had officials do a "Buckeyes Fans Gone Wild!" film the day of the Michigan game. She said it showed people drunk by 8 a.m. and "doing disgusting things, unbelievable things." That night, "7,000 people flipped nine cars, burned them, kicked in windows of things."

She obviously wasn't too well received by many of the fans. After enjoying her nice little breakfast and going straight to her nice little box, she would see her face flash up on the big screen and have +90k people booing her. :D

BIGBADBLUE
08-31-2007, 09:00 AM
Love to see the video ...

P-hat_in_Cincy
08-31-2007, 09:34 AM
I'm surprised she specifically mentioned the African-American Heritage Festival. She must have a set of (man parts) to say that.

Monte
08-31-2007, 10:19 AM
Hey BigBadBlue... Were coming your way:D I'm not going to talk any trash, B/C that 313lb lineman you have will break Amanti Edwards in half IF he can catch him.. Watch that little QB (edwards)from App state though if he can hook up with Richardson.. Those boys can play some ball... Looking forward to a good game:)

bmeth11
08-31-2007, 10:59 AM
Go VOLS!!! University of Tennesee!!!

trickskier
08-31-2007, 11:11 AM
Oh LOOK!!!...........
That's smokey going down first in the "JAWS" of the GATOR!!!.................:D

captain planet
08-31-2007, 11:34 AM
WOW, did anyone see Louisville run up the score on Murry State last evening????:noface: It was like 73 - 10. A little excessive, but the Murry St. defense was WAY outmatched. That Lousiville coach should have not thrown a pass after they were up by 4 scores. It will come back to haunt them at some point this season. :huh:

KnoxX2
08-31-2007, 01:37 PM
Hey BigBadBlue... Were coming your way:D I'm not going to talk any trash, B/C that 313lb lineman you have will break Amanti Edwards in half IF he can catch him.. Watch that little QB (edwards)from App state though if he can hook up with Richardson.. Those boys can play some ball... Looking forward to a good game:)

Monte this thread is for College Football not High School Football. Boy some peoples kids. :rolleyes: :D

trickskier
08-31-2007, 02:47 PM
I'm OUT...............

Have a SAFE weekend everyone!!!

GO GATORS!!!

BIGBADBLUE
08-31-2007, 04:05 PM

Good game? naaaaa App will score some points because UM defense if a little light but UM will roll baby roll!!!!

Later ... Going skiing this weekend so I will not see any of the games.

LakePirate
09-01-2007, 12:21 AM
Something I ran across

Timmy Teabags Facts (http://www.timtebowfacts.com/)

You Gaytors will appreciate this.

Go Big Orange

bcampbe7
09-01-2007, 03:55 PM
SPOILER BELOW:

Appalachian State beat Michigan!!!

Monte
09-01-2007, 03:58 PM
SPOILER BELOW:

Appalachian State beat Michigan!!!

AGRHMMMMMM.......:)

BIGBADBLUE
09-01-2007, 04:39 PM
Good game? naaaaa App will score some points because UM defense if a little light but UM will roll baby roll!!!!

Later ... Going skiing this weekend so I will not see any of the games.

What a bunch of losers!!!! Defense a little light? What an understatement.

BBB now grilling his crow for dinner!!!!!

BIGBADBLUE
09-01-2007, 04:40 PM
Alamo bowl here we come!!!!

LakePirate
09-01-2007, 04:47 PM
Appy State.

Southern Conference taking it to the Big Eleven

Monte - Dude, you can't really be an Appy State fan can you?

Go Eagles!

BIGBADBLUE
09-01-2007, 05:51 PM
Not only is my entire family sick so no skiing this weekend but UM loses. arrrgggg. My only hope for the day is if UT loses to Cal.

http://www.sackcarr.com/

P-hat_in_Cincy
09-01-2007, 06:06 PM
Bwhaaaahahahahahahahahahaha....!!!!

In all reality, the UM loss is bittersweet for some tOSU fans, including myself. Not only does it hurt the Big Ten, we like THE Game to have all the marbles on the line. It's kind of a catch 22, but I will giggle for a while...!!! :D

Alumni Day today. 4 'Script OHIO's'

shepherd
09-01-2007, 06:58 PM
I was undecided whether or not to attend the homecoming game at Michigan next month....... until now :mad: . Thanks guys. You just saved me a couple grand. :rolleyes:

shepherd
09-01-2007, 07:00 PM
Not only is my entire family sick so no skiing this weekend but UM loses. arrrgggg. My only hope for the day is if UT loses to Cal.

I've been fighting a cold all week. Finally gave up and skied this morning. I'm still feeling sick but no more so than before I skied!

And what happened to Michigan? The game wasn't on TV here. :mad: I know they had the winning field goal blocked with :06 left but it never should have been that close. Even if they made the field goal it would have been like a loss.

BIGBADBLUE
09-01-2007, 07:52 PM
What happened is their D is terrible. TERRIBLE!!! The game was on the Big10 network ... I was tracking it on ESPN. Just watched the lowlights ... 2 blocked FG's and 2 missed conversions. That is not way they lost ... they lost because they were not ready. Plain and simple.

next week will tell a lot ... it may be a long season or can they turn this into motivation. We will see

Maristar210
09-01-2007, 09:49 PM
I am ****ing pissed. Lloyd was cleary not prepared. The defense was absolutely ****ing horrrendous. UM just showed up and expected the win. Coaching staff is to blame for this one.

Hey Lloyd if your down by 14 can you run the ball?

I don't ****ing think so.

Lloyd Carr is in hiding tonight beacuase there are thousands of people that want him dead and I am not kidding. ****ing crustation of and *******....

phecksel
09-01-2007, 10:35 PM
How do you lose to a AAA team?

We were working a food booth today, and the UoM fans were shell shocked.

Footin
09-01-2007, 11:00 PM
U of M fans: Theres always next year!

shepherd
09-01-2007, 11:10 PM
U of M fans: Theres always next year!

Well, we still have Nov. 17th to look forward to!

LakePirate
09-02-2007, 12:17 AM

At least we didn't lose to a Southern Confernce team that is owned by Georgia Southern.

Leroy
09-02-2007, 12:29 AM
How about those Hoosiers?

Indiana 55, Indiana St. 7
Lewis throws 3 TDs in IU's 55-7 rout of Indiana St.

KnoxX2
09-02-2007, 12:53 AM
UT Falls to Cal.

Can't say UT's QB was the problem. He was spot on.

OBTW UF 49 to 3.

Sucks to be a Michigan or Tennessee Fan this week!

123src
09-02-2007, 02:09 AM
Plain and simple.

next week will tell a lot ... it may be a long season or can they turn this into motivation. We will see

Oregon (on the scoreboard) had a good win today, but on the field, they did not look so hot. I can only hope that Michigan has given up on their season and Gets stomped next week by the Ducks!!!!

TMCNo1
09-02-2007, 09:08 AM
WOW, just found out Appalachian State, Boone, NC, The NCAA Division 1-AA, 2005/2006 National Champions went to the big city yesterday, with a 34 to 32 victory over 5th ranked Big 10 Powerhouse Michigan.

Monte
09-02-2007, 09:35 AM
I am ****ing pissed. Lloyd was cleary not prepared. The defense was absolutely ****ing horrrendous. UM just showed up and expected the win. Coaching staff is to blame for this one.

Hey Lloyd if your down by 14 can you run the ball?

I don't ****ing think so.

Lloyd Carr is in hiding tonight beacuase there are thousands of people that want him dead and I am not kidding. ****ing crustation of and *******....

Give SOME credit to those mountaineers... They came to play ball..:D When any team thinks they are going to go out and wipe the field up with another team it is dangerous.. Michigan was unprepared, but App played one Heck of a game.. What do you think of Armanti Edwards Now??:rolleyes:

BTW... I am happy:D

Monte
09-02-2007, 10:04 AM
Monte - Dude, you can't really be an Appy State fan can you?

Yes ;) :D

LakePirate
09-02-2007, 10:45 AM
Yes ;) :D

So much for us being friends...

:(

:noface:

atlfootr
09-04-2007, 10:13 AM
Suprisingly, trix hasn't qouted on last nite's FSU / Clemson game :rolleyes:

Giv'en sometime, I'm sure he will .... he jus' loves to rib those losses.

trickskier
09-04-2007, 10:26 AM
Suprisingly, trix hasn't qouted on last nite's FSU / Clemson game :rolleyes:

Giv'en sometime, I'm sure he will .... he jus' loves to rib those losses.
Not me brother.............I'm usually not one to rib someone about a loss of their team unless they're playing the Gators.........
I have no reason to rib you about FSU's loss to Clemson as I do not pull for either one.............Personally, I would have rather seen FSU win. I would rather see the Gators play a good FSU team so no one can say they have a soft schedule this year.......... 8p
Looks like Bobby is in for a LONG year..............:rolleyes:

OhioProstar
09-04-2007, 10:32 AM
naaaaaa ... will not hurt them that much at all. If you lose a game then you are done anyway this year and if either go undefeated (which OSU will not) they will be in NOLA.

I am thinking UM covers the 35 point spread against MSU this year. :)

Still want to give me 35 points? Man...what a great weekend. Spent Sat morning out in the boat on Norris Lake, came back up to watch the Dantonio era in East Lansing begin with a bang....and low and behold UM laid the biggest egg in NCAA football history.

GREAT WEEKEND.

KnoxX2
09-04-2007, 10:47 AM
Any thoughts on this weeks LSU vs VT?

P-hat_in_Cincy
09-04-2007, 10:50 AM
Man...what a great weekend. ....and low and behold UM laid the biggest egg in NCAA football history.

GREAT WEEKEND.

Yeah...it was a great weekend/Saturday. From tailgating before the game, going to season opener, and tailgating after watching the UM debacle...Sunday morning's set was a little tough to get to. :o

Heck...even tOSU's former/returning Prez. stopped by the tailgate to say 'hello'! :cool:

trickskier
09-04-2007, 11:01 AM
Any thoughts on this weeks LSU vs VT?
LSU is a 12 point favorite at home............I believe they'll cover it........8p

Maristar210
09-04-2007, 11:12 AM
LSU is a 12 point favorite at home............I believe they'll cover it........8p

I believe LSU will demolish VT. ECU gave VT a run and LSU is twice the team...

But whaddo I know I am a Michigan fan who has been demoralized by LLLLLLLyyyod Carr and the effort of the team under his direction.

www.firelloyd.com

trickskier
09-04-2007, 11:15 AM
I believe LSU will demolish VT. ECU gave VT a run and LSU is twice the team...

But whaddo I know I am a Michigan fan who has been demoralized by LLLLLLLyyyod Carr and the effort of the team under his direction.

www.firelloyd.com
I knew the firelloyd.com would be forthcoming.............Did you start it Steve???

Sodar
09-04-2007, 11:17 AM
USC vs. Idaho....

Overall, a poor performance this weekend, however, I think it gave the guys a good feeling as to what the season has in store and what they need to work on. I think we will be more than ready for Nebraska in 2 weeks.

Maristar210
09-04-2007, 11:18 AM
I knew the firelloyd.com would be forthcoming.............Did you start it Steve???

It does not exist yet but I keep watching to see. www.sackcarr.com However certainly does exist and they are already talking about his sucessor. I hear John Cooper is available. He was good at beating Ohio State by coaching there.
:rolleyes:

trickskier
09-04-2007, 11:22 AM
It does not exist yet but I keep watching to see. www.sackcarr.com However certainly does exist and they are already talking about his sucessor. I hear John Cooper is available. He was good at beating Ohio State by coaching there.
Michigan was simply looking past Appalachian St............That IS the coaches fault...........8p

trickskier
09-04-2007, 11:24 AM
USC vs. Idaho....

Overall, a poor performance this weekend, however, I think it gave the guys a good feeling as to what the season has in store and what they need to work on. I think we will be more than ready for Nebraska in 2 weeks.
I didn't see the USC game................However, I did see CAL put one on the VOLS...............8p

KnoxX2
09-04-2007, 11:24 AM
I think we need to give some credit to Appalachian St. They were mentaly ready for that game.

KnoxX2
09-04-2007, 11:26 AM
I didn't see the USC game................However, I did see CAL put one on the VOLS...............8p

Yes they did. I got to watch the game with a bunch a UT fans. That was fun :D

trickskier
09-04-2007, 11:30 AM
I think we need to give some credit to Appalachian St. They were mentaly ready for that game.
You're correct Knox..............Appalachian St. WON the game. Michigan didn't lose it.

P-hat_in_Cincy
09-04-2007, 12:57 PM

ROFL!!!

On the flip side, polls taken in Columbus show 97% want Llllloyd to stay and there's probably a keepLloyd wedsite based out of Columbus.

gew
09-04-2007, 01:03 PM
Auburn Tigers! War Eagle!

KnoxX2
09-04-2007, 01:08 PM

OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

trickskier
09-04-2007, 01:32 PM
Which is it Tigers or Eagles???......................8p

KnoxX2
09-04-2007, 02:37 PM
As long as they don't take this thread down everything will be OK!

captain planet
09-04-2007, 04:35 PM
Hello everyone!!!!!!! How are we all doing today?????

:purplaugh :wavey: :jumping: :rolleyes:

Everyone feeling alright????\

You know........I just couldn't wait to get in the office today to get on here and pour a little salt and vinegar into the wound....but I have to tell you I'm feeling a little weird. I'm thinking....if OSU were to have lost to YSU...I would really be embarrased.....I mean REALLY embarrased. So this is my conundrum (spelling?). It was mentioned how bad that is for the BIG 10 (here come the SEC idiots).....but it WAS michigan. Steve is such a nice guy so I hate to grind it into him......so I guess I will leave you with this......

On ESPN a few minutes ago, the updated top 25 came out and michigan has dropped out of the top 25.

I'm off to my fantasy football draft. Have a good evening everyone.

Captian Planet

KnoxX2
09-04-2007, 04:45 PM

:purplaugh :wavey: :rolleyes:

Everyone feeling alright????\

You know........I just couldn't wait to get in the office today to get on here and pour a little salt and vinegar into the wound....but I have to tell you I'm feeling a little weird. I'm thinking....if OSU were to have lost to YSU...I would really be embarrased.....I mean REALLY embarrased. So this is my conundrum (spelling?). It was mentioned how bad that is for the BIG 10 (here come the SEC idiots).....but it WAS michigan. Steve is such a nice guy so I hate to grind it into him......so I guess I will leave you with this......

On ESPN a few minutes ago, the updated top 25 came out and michigan has dropped out of the top 25.

I'm off to my fantasy football draft. Have a good evening everyone.

Captian Planet

Watch it there Big Guy!!!!!! Us SEC idiots (GATORS) wooped the a$$ out of OSU in Jan. :D

KnoxX2
09-04-2007, 04:50 PM
2007 NCAA Football Rankings - Week 2
Season: 2007
Week: 2
Associated Press Top 25
1. USC (59) 1-0 1,619
2. LSU (5) 1-0 1,542
3. West Virginia (1) 1-0 1,449
4. Florida 1-0 1,346 :D
5. Oklahoma 1-0 1,275
5. Wisconsin 1-0 1,275
7. Texas 1-0 1,221
8. Louisville 1-0 1,152
9. Virginia Tech 1-0 1,085
10. California 1-0 1,080
11. Georgia 1-0 959
12. Ohio State 1-0 940
13. UCLA 1-0 736
14. Penn State 1-0 662
15. Rutgers 1-0 659
16. Nebraska 1-0 541
17. Auburn 1-0 519
18. Arkansas 1-0 450
19. TCU 1-0 384
20. Hawaii 1-0 335
21. Georgia Tech 1-0 278
22. Boise State 1-0 267
23. Texas A&M 1-0 217
24. Tennessee 0-1 210 :rolleyes: :(
25. Clemson 1-0 195 :eek:

LakePirate
09-04-2007, 04:54 PM
Which is it Tigers or Eagles???......................8p

Plainsmen .

BIGBADBLUE
09-04-2007, 05:08 PM
I think I am slipping into depression ... the only thing that is saving me is that ND and MSU are STILL worse than we are. There is always basketball season to look forward to .... NOT!!!!

Prostar in Michigain
09-04-2007, 05:50 PM
im with you big bad blue that game was a depressing game to watch i was watching it at the lake and it pretty much ruined my whole familys weekend

Footin
09-04-2007, 06:44 PM
Please keep Lloyd Carr, oh please please please keep him.

KnoxX2
09-04-2007, 07:27 PM
Please keep Lloyd Carr, oh please please please keep him.

Thats cold blooded.:D

BIGBADBLUE
09-05-2007, 08:18 AM
It is not cold ... it is the truth. Just like we say bring back Cooper. Lloyd needs to go, plain and simple.

Monte
09-05-2007, 08:37 AM
Well, from here on out.. I'm pulling for Michigan (in that divn).. I want everybody to see how good App really is... It is a major load of BS in my opinion that Michigan fell out of the top 25 due to that loss.. App has won two straight National championships and 15 straight games.. NO TEAM GOES OUT ON THE FIELD TO LOOSE!!

BBB who do we play next??

trickskier
09-05-2007, 09:52 AM

:purplaugh :wavey: :jumping:

It was mentioned how bad that is for the BIG 10 (here come the SEC idiots) .....but it WAS michigan.

Captian Planet

CP, comments like this simply amuse me...........The Big 10 (11) is a good conference. But, truthfully it only has 2 (1 now) team(s) that are (were) considered to be National Championship contenders, Ohio St. & Michigan. In contrast the SEC has at least 5 teams that have a legitimate shot at the National Championship............FL, LSU, Auburn, Arkansas, & Georgia

Since 2006 the SEC has won twice as many National Championships as the Big 10.........SEC: FL 2, LSU 1, & TN 1...... Big 10: Ohio St. 1 & Michigan 1.

Currently, the SEC has 6 teams ranked in the top 25 vs 3 by the big 10, and 2 in the top 5 vs 1..............Again, twice as many...........:D

I am not bashing the Big 10. However, I do believe the SEC is a much stronger conference than the Big 10..................

atlfootr
09-05-2007, 10:07 AM
Not me brother.............I'm usually not one to rib someone about a loss of their team unless they're playing the Gators 8p

Looks like Bobby is in for a LONG year..............:rolleyes:No dout, things take time to get 5 new coaches to get dialed in w/ the players, hopeful they'll get it together by Nov 27 '07 :rolleyes:

trickskier
09-05-2007, 10:11 AM
No dout, things take time to get 5 new coaches to get dialed in w/ the players, hopeful they'll get it together by Nov 27 '07 :rolleyes:
LOL..................In the "SWAMP"

atlfootr
09-05-2007, 10:12 AM
I knew you'd remember that date !
:uglyhamme

KnoxX2
09-05-2007, 10:18 AM
How could you forget that Date. Gators and Criminals is always a good game.

Maristar210
09-05-2007, 12:55 PM
Oh look it's Wednesday and still.......

Ohowihateohiostate

CP? :wavey:

captain planet
09-05-2007, 04:57 PM
CP, comments like this simply amuse me...........The Big 10 (11) is a good conference. But, truthfully it only has 2 (1 now) team(s) that are (were) considered to be National Championship contenders, Ohio St. & Michigan. In contrast the SEC has at least 5 teams that have a legitimate shot at the National Championship............FL, LSU, Auburn, Arkansas, & Georgia

Since 2006 the SEC has won twice as many National Championships as the Big 10.........SEC: FL 2, LSU 1, & TN 1...... Big 10: Ohio St. 1 & Michigan 1.

Currently, the SEC has 6 teams ranked in the top 25 vs 3 by the big 10, and 2 in the top 5 vs 1..............Again, twice as many...........:D

I am not bashing the Big 10. However, I do believe the SEC is a much stronger conference than the Big 10..................

Oh Tricky, do I have to remind you that all those teams from the SEC have to play one another? After they beat up on each other, you will see several of those teams fall out of the top 25. The SEC is good no doubt, but they aren't as good as you might think. Again look at the bowl scores from last year. There are several teams in the BIG 10 that are not ranked this year.....but we've only played 1 game.

I will say this however,....oh how I wish Ohio State was in the PAC 10 so we could play for the national title every year. Sorry Sodar, no offense.

LakePirate
09-05-2007, 10:34 PM
Mr. Planet

Great argument, all of those good teams have to play each other so they get loses while nationally ranked teams in other conferences eat cupcakes all year (watch our for those pesky Boilermakers). Any other conference in the land has 1 maybe 3 good teams, then you look at the SEC. I disagree with Tricky I think there are 6 teams that could make the BCS championship game from the SEC. Why do you think the Florida Tennessee game is the 3rd week of the year?

What difference would it make if Ohio State was in the Pac-10? Would they not be the same "great" team that they are year in year out?

I will also address your bowl scores. I firmly believe that there is a different brand of football played in the SEC as well as a different mindset. In the SEC we line up and hit you in the mouth. No tricky crap, no quadruple reverse on a punt to squeak out a first down. There is also a let down for SEC schools that are not playing in a BCS game. When you are the best, you should be recognized, regardless of how many media outlets other conferences have.

tex
09-05-2007, 10:35 PM
Frogs and Horns!!!!!!

trickskier
09-06-2007, 03:55 PM
I disagree with Tricky I think there are 6 teams that could make the BCS championship game from the SEC. Why do you think the Florida Tennessee game is the 3rd week of the year?

LP, If the VOLS hadn't lost their opener to CAL I would have included them............."IF" they lose to the Gators in the "SWAMP" they're definitely OUT...........

captain planet
09-06-2007, 04:18 PM
Mr. Planet

Great argument, all of those good teams have to play each other so they get loses while nationally ranked teams in other conferences eat cupcakes all year (watch our for those pesky Boilermakers). Any other conference in the land has 1 maybe 3 good teams, then you look at the SEC. I disagree with Tricky I think there are 6 teams that could make the BCS championship game from the SEC. Why do you think the Florida Tennessee game is the 3rd week of the year?

What difference would it make if Ohio State was in the Pac-10? Would they not be the same "great" team that they are year in year out?

I will also address your bowl scores. I firmly believe that there is a different brand of football played in the SEC as well as a different mindset. In the SEC we line up and hit you in the mouth. No tricky crap, no quadruple reverse on a punt to squeak out a first down. There is also a let down for SEC schools that are not playing in a BCS game. When you are the best, you should be recognized, regardless of how many media outlets other conferences have.

I'll give you 2 from the SEC that could end up in the BCS against USC for the championship. Those would be LSU and Georgia.......maybe Auburn......maybe. Ok so 2 and a half teams. As for your quadruple reverse/tricky crap, uh what about Spurrier's teams? I can't help it if the teams in the SEC play harder rather than smarter. 8p

As for the Buckeyes in the PAC-10, they would go undefeated every year. I mean, yea they're great anyway, but we have to play Wisconsin, Penn St., and michigan every year. We don't get to play the ducks, beavers, and bruins every year.

jbfootin
09-06-2007, 04:22 PM
CP, comments like this simply amuse me...........The Big 10 (11) is a good conference. But, truthfully it only has 2 (1 now) team(s) that are (were) considered to be National Championship contenders, Ohio St. & Michigan.
How can you say that only Ohio and Michigan are National Championship contenders? What about the one team in the Big 10 that is in the top 5 and has only one loss in the last year? Wisconsin is going to have one heck of a year and live up to the hype.

GO WISCONSIN!!!!

trickskier
09-06-2007, 04:24 PM
I'll give you 2 from the SEC that could end up in the BCS against USC for the championship. Those would be LSU and Georgia.......maybe Auburn......maybe.
Don't believe the Gators can repeat???............If they can shore-up the defensive secondary they have a good shot...........The offense is going to score A LOT of POINTS this year!!!

Monte
09-06-2007, 04:26 PM
I know of a little school in the mountains of NC that will take ya' all on;) 8p :D

trickskier
09-06-2007, 04:31 PM
How can you say that only Ohio and Michigan are National Championship contenders? What about the one team in the Big 10 that is in the top 5 and has only one loss in the last year? Wisconsin is going to have one heck of a year and live up to the hype.

GO WISCONSIN!!!!
They MIGHT make a BCS Bowl Game.........They WILL NOT be in the National Championship Game...............8p

jbfootin
09-06-2007, 04:45 PM
They MIGHT make a BCS Bowl Game.........They WILL NOT be in the National Championship Game...............8p
If they move up 3 spot by the end of the season they will:D

Side bet between Gators and Badgers?

trickskier
09-06-2007, 04:46 PM
If they move up 3 spot by the end of the season they will:D

Side bet between Gators and Badgers?
You're on..................:D

jbfootin
09-06-2007, 08:26 PM
You're on..................:D
Looks like I will be following the Gators this year too...;) :D

KY Larry
09-06-2007, 08:38 PM
Hello !! Newbie, KY Larry here. Trying to figure this forum out... give me time
Anyway, the important fact is that this is my first year with a REAL wakeboard boat. Bought an X-10 on Ebay, and I LOVE IT !!!

I've been looking through this forum as a non-member.... read some real good tips you guy and gals have been sharing.... looks like a great place to get several opinions on anything MC or wakeboard related

Hello from Kentucky !!!

betsy&david Harrison
09-06-2007, 08:53 PM
Hate me if you will :D

USC

Couldn't resist that.I do it every year for you wonderful boys;)

P-hat_in_Cincy
09-07-2007, 01:13 PM
Heading to The Shoe again tomorrow! Could be a wet one!
GO BUCKS!!!
:friday:

Sodar
09-07-2007, 01:28 PM
Hate me if you will

USC

Couldn't resist that.I do it every year for you wonderful boys;)

Why in the world would I hate you!?!?!? :confused:

I think Steve is going to need to move over... I am falling in love!! :love:

Maristar210
09-07-2007, 02:22 PM
Heading to The Shoe again tomorrow! Could be a wet one!
GO BUCKS!!!
:friday:

I hope it rains like hell and the mop of yours gets soaked?

Maristar210
09-07-2007, 02:23 PM
Why in the world would I hate you!?!?!? :confused:

I think Steve is going to need to move over... I am falling in love!! :love:

Dude stick to YOUR school teacher. This ones mine.:mad:

jbfootin
09-07-2007, 02:25 PM
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: Dude stick to YOUR school teacher. This ones mine.:mad:

Sodar
09-07-2007, 02:33 PM
Dude stick to YOUR school teacher. This ones mine.:mad:

Who got invited to go skiing at her place this weekend? I DID!

Did you?

Monte
09-07-2007, 02:36 PM
Who got invited to go skiing at her place this weekend? I DID!

Did you?

:popcorn: :popcorn: :noface:

Maristar210
09-08-2007, 06:05 PM
Michigan is losig to Oregon 32-7

Footin
09-08-2007, 06:15 PM
Michigan is losig to Oregon 32-7

39 to 7 now, Carr's days are numbered.

Maristar210
09-08-2007, 06:19 PM
I hope your right. This offense is anemic. :rolleyes:

Footin
09-08-2007, 06:21 PM
I hope i'm wrong, in Columbus we LOVE Carr!

Maristar210
09-08-2007, 06:30 PM
I guess what comes around goes around. I loved the Cooper era ......

BriEOD
09-08-2007, 06:35 PM
Florida St. isn't fairing much better against Univ of Alabama-Birmingham. Oh, have the mighty 80-90's Seminoles really fallen.

OhioProstar
09-08-2007, 08:01 PM
Two Weekends, two MSU wins and two scUM losses.....man it is turning out to be a good September!!!!

Maristar210
09-08-2007, 09:18 PM
I understand your happy about that but do you think consistently using the scUM is really necessasary? I could post some bong pictures for Stanton would you like that?

No need to call them scum, just saying 8p

Maristar210
09-08-2007, 09:19 PM
Oh and go **** yourself :D :D :D 8p

Chief
09-08-2007, 09:41 PM
Go Cocks And Weis Go **** Yourself!

uawaterskier
09-09-2007, 02:07 AM
Go south florida!

JoshBuzz
09-09-2007, 02:52 AM
GIG 'EM AGGIES!! How about that game against Fresno State today?!? Triple OT!! What a nailbiter!!

Ric
09-09-2007, 10:38 AM
GIG 'EM AGGIES!! How about that game against Fresno State today?!? Triple OT!! What a nailbiter!! I watched that "nailbiter".......:rolleyes:

Aggies really manhandled fresno state........ 8p

The nailbiter was the part wondering when they were finally going to get done so we could watch the Horns play.

Ric
09-09-2007, 10:39 AM
whew can UM games get any worse?

OhioProstar
09-09-2007, 11:00 AM
I understand your happy about that but do you think consistently using the scUM is really necessasary? I could post some bong pictures for Stanton would you like that?

No need to call them scum, just saying 8p
Alright Mari-Steve...I will stop calling them "scUm" but only because it hurts your feelings and I would assume you are in a very fragile state right now.

Bruce
09-09-2007, 05:56 PM
My Gamecocks did it to Georgia. "The old ball coach" is really putting USC (the original USC) up there with the big boys!
Of course in the state of Georgia it ain't safe to be a bulldog thanks to Michael Vick!

P-hat_in_Cincy
09-09-2007, 09:13 PM
I hope it rains like hell and the mop of yours gets soaked?

HA! Wet, yes. Soaked, no. I bet a lot of UM livers were soaked trying to forget about starting 0-2, being 0-4 in the last 4 games, and giving up 642yds of offense to Oregon.

As for us...we're 2-0 but have some things that need to be worked out, quick! We did hold Akron to under 100yds of offense, but we need to improve our running/o-line play ASAP! (At) Washington will show us a lot.

Don't worry Maristar, things can't get much worse...unless you lose to 0-2 ND, have no shot at the Big Ten, and lose to the Buckeyes in your house! 8p

Please keep Lloyd!!!

:D

Maristar210
09-09-2007, 09:27 PM
Nice photo there P-hat. I can see the **** eating grin on your face. Next time bring a sign to personalize the moment.

You should be holding a sign that says "Lloyd for Prez"

LakePirate
09-09-2007, 09:29 PM
Is it just me or does no one really look good this year?

There could be a lot of 2 loss teams at the end of the year.

Playoffs sure would be interesting.

east tx skier
09-09-2007, 09:32 PM
I watched that "nailbiter".......:rolleyes:

Aggies really manhandled fresno state........ 8p

The nailbiter was the part wondering when they were finally going to get done so we could watch the Horns play.

We called every casino from St. Louis to Mississipi trying to find one with a sports book that might have the game. Emailed the Texas Exes in Memphis. Got an email back from them on Saturday that they didn't know where they were going to watch the game (how organized). Finally went to a sports bar and watched LSU and got updates from my wife every 5 minutes on the Horns. Sounds like the 2nd half was the better one to watch.

P-hat_in_Cincy
09-09-2007, 09:50 PM
Nice photo there P-hat. I can see the **** eating grin on your face. Next time bring a sign to personalize the moment.

You should be holding a sign that says "Lloyd for Prez"

:D I'm sure you'll see enough of those when OSU visits the Big House. There were already quite a few "UM 'BLEW' IT" shirts in reference to the ASU game.

Doesn't seem like 'powerhouses' in the Big Ten are really putting away their opponents, aside from PSU. I know OSU can't give up another 5-6 turnovers and expect to be victorious in Washington. :o

UM's program appears to be in rough shape (d'uh...I know). A 'drop off' can be expected when you lose a lot of starters, but a UM should be able to recruit top talent to fill in those spots. Heck, OSU had the exact same scenario last year and played for a National Championship. Time for a change maybe, but OSU likes it the way it is right now. Lloyed should stay for another 5-6yrs to catch up to the Cooper years.

Henne's out for ND...btw.

BIGBADBLUE
09-09-2007, 11:13 PM
I can not think straigh anymore ... I have been in a dazed and confused state all weekend. What the heck. I am now thinking that we will be the dog for the MSU game. What has come of UM? Too many Llyod years!!!!

Les Miles in 2008!!!!! Oh sure ... you say he has a great thing going at LSU and is rated #2. How about rebuilding the winningest program in college football?

KnoxX2
09-10-2007, 08:31 AM
Smokey don't swim well in the SWAMP!:D
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s250/Christen07Brian/oops-steppedinsomething.jpg

Knox's_Better_half
09-10-2007, 08:35 AM
JUst thought I would post one for my GATORS!!!
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s222/gatordog_99/Gators-1.jpg

OhioProstar
09-10-2007, 08:50 AM
I can not think straigh anymore ... I have been in a dazed and confused state all weekend. What the heck. I am now thinking that we will be the dog for the MSU game. What has come of UM? Too many Llyod years!!!!

Les Miles in 2008!!!!! Oh sure ... you say he has a great thing going at LSU and is rated #2. How about rebuilding the winningest program in college football?

BBB - I don't think he would come North unless he has regional ties. I guess all votes for Ron English dropped when UMs Defense has been far from good.

BIGBADBLUE
09-10-2007, 09:13 AM
We can always dream ... Les Miles was an assistant under Bo and Moeller. I think he was at UM about 8 years.

BIGBADBLUE
09-10-2007, 09:19 AM
Also played at UM ... that is how we got started

phecksel
09-10-2007, 11:13 AM
Had to drive through ann arbor on Sunday, and saw a trash can filled with UoM stuff. Maybe they should have considered a bon fire.

tones03
09-10-2007, 11:23 AM
Les Miles has a clause in his contract saying if he opts out early he will have to pay a penalty unless he leaves for UM, then no penalty. I am hoping we can swing this. Be great for Les and UM, need a change.

OhioProstar
09-10-2007, 11:50 AM
I can feel their pain, trust me, but what kind of fan is willing to throw their gear away just because of a down season, err...start to a season. That's the fan that pulls for a football team because they are winning and then jumps on the UNC or Duke bandwagon for basketball season. Who needs them. I bleed green for all sports and of course they don't have UM's record, but I will jump off a cliff before I stop pulling for Sparty and jump on someone else's bandwagon!!!!

Ric
09-10-2007, 02:15 PM
I retract my statement ..

BIGBADBLUE
09-10-2007, 02:41 PM
Oh contrair Green and White fan ... we (at least I) are not jumping off the wagon at all, however, when you have a winning program (like your BB program) you come to expect much more. Is the season over ... uh no, well it is if their defense keeps playing like crud. Always will bleed Maize and Blule, but it is time for new leadership.

LES MILES in 2008!!!!!

I am a Lions fan for goodness sake ... nuff said on that point.

Granite_33
09-10-2007, 02:57 PM
to continue my ire with sportsmedia, I pose the politically unpopular question. Is WV getting alotta votes simply because of the wacko shooting all those people in the spring? Are they really a #3 team?

That would be Va. Tech. Not WV.

Given the polish that LSU put on Va.Techs hineys saturday, the sympathy votes only get you so far. (unless I missed something and a whacko cut loose in WV also:o )

No worries............ND will win this weekend and jump up to No.8 in the poles............talk about sympathy from the sportwriters........:mad: :D 8p

Ric
09-10-2007, 05:32 PM
That would be Va. Tech. Not WV.

Given the polish that LSU put on Va.Techs hineys saturday, the sympathy votes only get you so far. (unless I missed something and a whacko cut loose in WV also:o )

No worries............ND will win this weekend and jump up to No.8 in the poles............talk about sympathy from the sportwriters........ that was dumb...... That's what I get for glancing at the polls and typing a kneejerk comment :o

LakePirate
09-10-2007, 08:35 PM
2 of the last 3 in the swamp.

atlfootr
09-10-2007, 08:48 PM
Way 2 GO FSU .....

Granite_33
09-11-2007, 08:05 PM
Bud Light "Real Men of Genius"

Announcer: Today we salute you, Mr. Delusional, Irrational Notre Dame
football Fan....

Announcer: Season after season, year after year, you try to justify
your absurdly high pre-season ranking.
Backup singer: Why aren't we number one??

Announcer: You scramble to make futile attempts at damage control when the Irish lose to yet another grossly inferior opponent.
Backup singer: Charlie's headset was broken!

Announcer: Inevitably, you'll bring up the past, and boast of
championships won 20 years before you were born.
Backup singer: We wore leather helmets!!

Announcer: You will point out that you have more heisman winners than
any other program, as though that is relevant to the current season.
Backup singer: Been playing since the 1880ssssss!

Announcer: Go on, ignore that home loss to Boston College in the
regular season for the 6th consecutive time in a row...
Backup singer: BC has better Christians!!

Announcer: And continue to believe that you'll actually win a bowl game
some time this century.
Backup singer: We're O for the 2000's!!!

Announcer: So crack open an ice cold Bud Light, oh Emperor of Excuses, and take comfort knowing that when you don't finish in the top 25, you'll be back to number three when the pre-season polls come out next year.
Backup singer: Mr. Delusional, Irrational and Hopelessly Pathetic Irish
Fannnnnnn!

P-hat_in_Cincy
09-11-2007, 08:40 PM
Granite 33,
TWO STARS!

atlfootr
09-12-2007, 09:29 AM
Can't believe I'm doing this, but there's goes ..
Like this was even considered to be called "a game" :rolleyes:

GATORS SWAMP UAB
51 WIN! 3

KnoxX2
09-12-2007, 09:37 AM
Can't believe I'm doing this, but there's goes ..
Like this was even considered to be called "a game" :rolleyes:

GATORS SWAMP UAB
51 WIN! 3

Help me out we don't play UAB till 29 Sep?????????????:confused:

trickskier
09-12-2007, 09:40 AM
2 of the last 3 in the swamp.
Note to LP.............Zook is gone....................:D

atlfootr
09-12-2007, 09:45 AM
Help me out we don't play UAB till 29 Sep?????????????:confused:that was a 2002 game .. pull'n out skeltons

tones03
09-12-2007, 09:47 AM
Granite, I guy i work sent that out about Michigan, works for both teams and very funny.

east tx skier
09-12-2007, 09:49 AM
Just got finished reading this. Some people are quite a poor excuse for human beings.

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/story/232408.html

atlfootr
09-12-2007, 10:07 AM
Sad situtation, BUT com'on he had to of known before he went in ..

east tx skier
09-12-2007, 10:25 AM
Sad situtation, BUT com'on he had to of known before he went in ..

There's absolutely no excuse for this. And I'd say the same if someone from my alma mater behaved this way.

It's just a t-shirt. It's just football. I wore a Texas tshirt in a bar in TN a/k/a the other UT just last week. The people couldn't have been nicer to us. This guy is 53 years old. Hopefully, he will see jail time and all the things that go along with it to remind him to be nicer to his fellow man.

trickskier
09-12-2007, 10:31 AM
There's absolutely no excuse for this. And I'd say the same if someone from my alma mater behaved this way.

It's just a t-shirt. It's just football. I wore a Texas tshirt in a bar in TN a/k/a the other UT just last week. The people couldn't have been nicer to us. This guy is 53 years old. Hopefully, he will see jail time and all the things that go along with it to remind him to be nicer to his fellow man.
Try wearing this T-shirt to that same bar in TN and see what kind of response you get.................:D

east tx skier
09-12-2007, 10:32 AM
Where we were, I doubt anyone would have cared. Just reread the article. This guy was a 53 year old church deacon. How nice.

Maristar210
09-12-2007, 10:38 AM
Where we were, I doubt anyone would have cared. Just reread the article. This guy was a 53 year old church deacon. How nice.

It was a Texas Longhorns shirt Doug ;)

OU's #2 QB Kirk Nicholl is from Lowell Michigan. The kids is a stud. I saw him play last fall and he picked us apart like we were nothing. keep an eye out for him once OU is Up by three TD's when they play the horns....

trickskier
09-12-2007, 10:45 AM
I'm not saying a fight would have ensued...........Just that comments may have been made..........You would have been white-eyed for sure ;)

That article is very distrubing to think that we cannot walk around freely with a T-shirt of our favorite team and have to worry about being attacked.

east tx skier
09-12-2007, 10:55 AM
It was a Texas Longhorns shirt Doug ;)

OU's #2 QB Kirk Nicholl is from Lowell Michigan. The kids is a stud. I saw him play last fall and he picked us apart like we were nothing. keep an eye out for him once OU is Up by three TD's when they play the horns....

They're going to be great this year. I only hope Texas can keep it respectable. Best case scenario, we've gotten a hold of Boise State's playbook. (ZING!)

east tx skier
09-12-2007, 10:56 AM
I'm not saying a fight would have ensued...........Just that comments may have been made..........You would have been white-eyed for sure ;)

That article is very distrubing to think that we cannot walk around freely with a T-shirt of our favorite team and have to worry about being attacked.

Hey, comments are expected. This guy is obviously an animal though. Hopefully, he will meet justice.

Maristar210
09-12-2007, 11:00 AM

I must admit years ago a Colorado Avalance fan walked into a die hard Detroit Red Wings bar called the Last Chance in Grand Rapids Michigan and I witnessed this guy get heckled so bad he left the bar. In this case the guy was obnoxious and was looking for a fight. When he realized had had fifteen of them, he left out of fear for his safety.

If I go into a bar in Texas wearing an OU shirt touting how good Barry Switzer is/was and rubbing it in the faces of the Texas faithfull I could only expect some blood loss to occur. In the case of the above story I am sure both were guilty to one degree or another.

Moral of the story: Don't piss off an Army combat vet ;)

Maristar210
09-12-2007, 11:03 AM
They're going to be great this year. I only hope Texas can keep it respectable. Best case scenario, we've gotten a hold of Boise State's playbook. (ZING!)

My buddy is an OU grad. He freely admits he learned nothing more than how to drink while at OU and also states it was a huge waste of money for his parents to send him there..

Whatta ya think of that?

trickskier
09-12-2007, 11:11 AM
I must admit years ago a Colorado Avalance fan walked into a die hard Detroit Red Wings bar called the Last Chance in Grand Rapids Michigan and I witnessed this guy get heckled so bad he left the bar. In this case the guy was obnoxious and was looking for a fight. When he realized had had fifteen of them, he left out of fear for his safety.

If I go into a bar in Texas wearing an OU shirt touting how good Barry Switzer is/was and rubbing it in the faces of the Texas faithfull I could only expect some blood loss to occur. In the case of the above story I am sure both were guilty to one degree or another.

Moral of the story: Don't piss off an Army combat vet ;)
Pick and choose what and where you wear opposing teams logo's..........If you're looking for trouble, most likely you will find it.......;)

east tx skier
09-12-2007, 11:13 AM
My buddy is an OU grad. He freely admits he learned nothing more than how to drink while at OU and also states it was a huge waste of money for his parents to send him there..

Whatta ya think of that?

My half brother is an OU alum. He hasn't ever mentioned being dissatisfied with his education and is an intelligent fellow. Like most big schools, UT, OU, A&M just to name a few in said conference, the education is there, but you have to be pretty proactive about getting the most out of it. All the rivalries aside, I consider each to be a good school.

In defense of UT, I also learned my SSN in addition to a few other things. ;)

trickskier
09-12-2007, 11:16 AM
Ah yes, I remember looking up test scores too.........:D

Maristar210
09-12-2007, 11:18 AM
My half brother is an OU alum. He hasn't ever mentioned being dissatisfied with his education and is an intelligent fellow. Like most big schools, UT, OU, A&M just to name a few in said conference, the education is there, but you have to be pretty proactive about getting the most out of it. All the rivalries aside, I consider each to be a good school.

Just the facts ma'am, just the facts...

tones03
09-12-2007, 11:21 AM
My school we have 2 rivalrys, and they are with MIT and Michigan Tech, we trash talk and say who are bigger nerds. We don't have any sports teams so our rivalries aren't as cool or serious as other schools.

Maristar210
09-12-2007, 11:26 AM
My school we have 2 rivalrys, and they are with MIT and Michigan Tech, we trash talk and say who are bigger nerds. We don't have any sports teams so our rivalries aren't as cool or serious as other schools.

Wow you're a dork. I'm afraid you can't date my daughter. Can't risk having nerds for grandchildren :D

captain planet
09-12-2007, 11:37 AM
WOW what a good time to be a BUCKEYES FAN!!!!! 8p The wolverines are 0-2, the irish are 0-2, and we are 2-0. Boy does that make me smile. :)

What a time for work to get really busy where I can't get on here and give all you michigan fans some guff. I just hope they don't get rid of Carr. I mean, he did win a fake national championship in 97....doesn't that count for something?

trickskier
09-12-2007, 11:41 AM
WOW what a good time to be a BUCKEYES FAN!!!!! 8p The wolverines are 0-2, the irish are 0-2, and we are 2-0. Boy does that make me smile. :)

What a time for work to get really busy where I can't get on here and give all you michigan fans some guff. I just hope they don't get rid of Carr. I mean, he did win a fake national championship in 97....doesn't that count for something?
CP, I keep telling you............E-Z on serving the crow...........The season is still young...............;)

tones03
09-12-2007, 11:44 AM
CP I agree, get rid of Carr

Maristar, i got to school with dorks, me come on, in the MC family, going to have a great job, what more could a father want for his daughter?? :D I chose the school for the future, im an hour from state and UM, plus an 1.5 hours from CMU, we go there for football and women, i go where i go so i can make bank in a couple years and the women come to me. lol ;)

Maristar210
09-12-2007, 11:45 AM

I'm going to come down and give you and P-hat a ________________________________________

Enjoy the moments while they last ;)

captain planet
09-12-2007, 12:11 PM
CP, I keep telling you............E-Z on serving the crow...........The season is still young...............;)
Tricky, trust me. I have no question that we will loose 2-3 games this year. Wisconsin, Penn St., and one more. But hey, when mich and ND are both 0-2, have to rub it in. THey are my 2 most hated teams and it really doesn't happen that often that they are BOTH 0-2. Kind of unique times right now.

LakePirate
09-12-2007, 03:25 PM
I got your Ron Zook.

trickskier
09-12-2007, 03:49 PM
I got your Ron Zook.
Yes, and Phat Phil will not be able to pay attention to the game Saturday.............Seems that doughnuts have been strategically placed along the VOLS sidelines and Phat Phil is going to have his hands & mouth full during the game...............:D

LakePirate
09-12-2007, 04:07 PM
Phil has been trimming down.

Maristar210
09-12-2007, 04:32 PM
Yes, and Phat Phil will not be able to pay attention to the game Saturday.............Seems that doughnuts have been strategically placed along the VOLS sidelines and Phat Phil is going to have his hands & mouth full during the game...............:D

I agree. Loud mouthed fat ****

BIGBADBLUE
09-12-2007, 07:53 PM

It will be good to be an underdog ... ok, ok ... a HUGE underdog. WOW ... a UM win over OSU this year would be devestating to OSU. A loss this year for us is not so bad as we know we are terrible!!!!

trickskier
09-12-2007, 07:55 PM
It will be good to be an underdog ... ok, ok ... a HUGE underdog. WOW ... a UM win over OSU this year would be devestating to OSU. A loss this year for us is not so bad as we know we are terrible!!!!
Hey BBB, just remember the Gators were Underdogs when they played OSU............What was that score again???............Oh yeah FLORIDA 41 OSU 14...............;) 27433

atlfootr
09-12-2007, 08:12 PM
I'm guess'n 'it'll be FSU vs U of F before the gators really play any kind of real football :rolleyes:

trickskier
09-12-2007, 08:14 PM
I'm guess'n 'it'll be FSU vs U of F before the gators really play any kind of real football :rolleyes:
You trying to make me laugh??? The Semi's are not what they use to be....:rolleyes:

OhioProstar
09-12-2007, 08:18 PM
BBB - Miles on U-M job: 'I've got nothing to say'

http://detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070912/UPDATE/709120454/1132/SPORTS0202

atlfootr
09-12-2007, 08:19 PM
granted their not the team of the '90 s Dynasty, but of a much younger bunch of starters.
Needed work yes, but don't rule 'em out qite yet ... 1-1 record '07
Colorado next let's see how they do.

trickskier
09-12-2007, 08:20 PM
granted their not the team of the '90 s Dynasty, but of a much younger bunch of starters.
Needed work yes, but don't rule 'em out qite yet ... 1-1 record '07
Colorado next let's see how they do.
Just ribbing ya buddy...................:D

atlfootr
09-12-2007, 08:21 PM
Just ribbing ya buddy...................:DI know ya are, buddy :rolleyes:

sunsational
09-12-2007, 09:26 PM
Hey trickskier, how you going to watch the game at MMIII?

Go Vols! :headbang:

LakePirate
09-12-2007, 09:33 PM

With my big orange foot planted squarely in his back.

Bobby
09-13-2007, 12:53 AM

burn.

Nichol seems to be #3 on the depth chart. Sam Bradford has pretty much solidified himself as the starter until he's either hurt or graduates. As for the nut grabber - I despise OU fans like him. He probably didn't even graduate from OU, much less ever attend a class here (I haven't read much into him). Also- as for the guy with the buddy that went to OU and learned how to drink - he was probably caught up in the greek system and a business major. I often wonder how some of those guys here at OU walk and breathe at the same time.

east tx - it could very well be a long day for you on oct 6th. OU's offensive line is on average larger than the o-line for the Indianapolis Colts. They handled Miami's defensive front with relative ease and kept that Calais Campbell kid quiet. Should be a fun game to watch.

LakePirate
09-13-2007, 06:50 AM
Bobby! Bobby! Bobby!

trickskier
09-13-2007, 09:12 AM

There is a Tavern at the marina...................:D

BIGBADBLUE
09-15-2007, 08:12 PM
WOW ... ND is REALLY bad. UM is not good and they made them look silly. Guess ND fans are rethinking that 10 year extension for Weis last year. OUCH!!!

I will sleep tonight!!!

Footin
09-15-2007, 10:00 PM
Lake Pirate, WHAT HAPPEND TO YOUR VOLS????????????

I bet Trick Dog is givin you a rash of .....

Bucks got er done.

east tx skier
09-15-2007, 11:07 PM
east tx - it could very well be a long day for you on oct 6th. OU's offensive line is on average larger than the o-line for the Indianapolis Colts. They handled Miami's defensive front with relative ease and kept that Calais Campbell kid quiet. Should be a fun game to watch.

Maybe a long day. We'll be in Dallas watching the game at a bar. I'll be the one in orange ... wearing a cup. Here's to a good game.

trickskier
09-17-2007, 09:28 AM
With my big orange foot planted squarely in his back.
It's GREAT to be a FLORIDA GATOR!!!

Sodar
09-17-2007, 10:06 AM

Even better to be a USC TROJAN!!

Maristar210
09-17-2007, 10:23 AM
I sure like seeing Phat Phil getting his *** handed to him. Can't stand that loud mouth a hole :mad:

Da Da Da DahNa - Da Da Da Dahna boom boom boom.

Lets Go Blue

Bobby
09-17-2007, 02:31 PM
Maybe a long day. We'll be in Dallas watching the game at a bar. I'll be the one in orange ... wearing a cup. Here's to a good game.

i'll be the guy at the game with a crimson polo shirt and OU hat that is about to OD on corny dogs.

east tx skier
09-17-2007, 02:41 PM
Mmmmm, state fair corn dogs.

/drool

P-hat_in_Cincy
09-17-2007, 03:49 PM
The Buckeyes passed a big test! I wish they'd play their 2nd half ball from the opening gun, thru-out.

That Washington QB (Locker) is going to be amazing! Great running skills/instinct! WOW!

Looks like I'll make it 3-4 this year (3-3 home games) as we're hitting The Shoe again Saturday!:cool:

I can't say I was happy to see UM win, but I was REAL happy to see ND lose!

:toast:

BIGBADBLUE
09-17-2007, 04:10 PM
The Buckeyes passed a big test! I wish they'd play their 2nd half ball from the opening gun, thru-out.

That Washington QB (Locker) is going to be amazing! Great running skills/instinct! WOW!

Looks like I'll make it 3-4 this year (3-3 home games) as we're hitting The Shoe again Saturday!:cool:

You are going to be happy most of the time as ND is going to lose a lot of games. They are terrible. To get whooped by UM is really bad.

captain planet
09-17-2007, 04:51 PM

Hey P-hat, you know as far as Buckeye fans are concerned....there is NO winner when michigan plays notre dame. I guess in pecking order, you have to root for notre dame, but there is no real winner there.

WOW, how bad is notre dame??? They might be 0-6 before they get a victory.....maybe 0-7. BUt as soon as they win one game, they'll break the top 25 :mad:

BIGBADBLUE
09-17-2007, 05:32 PM
BUt as soon as they win one game, they'll break the top 25 :mad:

Very sad but VERY true!!!!

mccobmd
09-17-2007, 05:59 PM
Have to agree with Bobby, I was at OU in 85 when we won the championship and watched the 2000 team, this team has at least 4 legitimate NFL caliber O lineman and in following OU/TX for the past 25 years the team with the best O-line almost alway wins.

LakePirate
09-17-2007, 06:34 PM
Lake Pirate, WHAT HAPPEND TO YOUR VOLS????????????

I bet Trick Dog is givin you a rash of .....

Bucks got er done.

They left at half time because someone loaned them a worn out barefoot suit and they had a bruise from the back of their knee to their waist.

And oh did he ever....

LakePirate
09-17-2007, 06:36 PM
I sure like seeing Phat Phil getting his *** handed to him. Can't stand that loud mouth a hole :mad:

Da Da Da DahNa - Da Da Da Dahna boom boom boom.

Lets Go Blue

Hey Lloyd, when did Phil come and urinate in your cheerios?

Loud mouth A hole would probably be the last description anyone would give him other than you.

P-hat_in_Cincy
09-17-2007, 07:51 PM
Very sad but VERY true!!!!

All right you two (CP & BBB)...no more agreeing. It's just not right! :D

I go against the grain a bit in that I want the Big Ten to perform well, so I root for Big Ten teams to win every out of conference game.

Would I have chuckled if UM lost to ND...absolutely. However, my allegiance (sp?) to the Big Ten is deeper. Couple that with a Big Ten team playing the 'Golden Domers' and, absolutely, I wanted a ND loss!

Unfortunately, the Big Ten isn't playing too strong this year. :confused:

The stars aligned for me this weekend. The Buckeyes won (not too surprising) and so did my Browns (surprising)! :cool:

BIGBADBLUE
09-17-2007, 08:35 PM
Only reason we are agreeing is that our hand is pretty weak this year. Playing the underdog ... setting expectations REALLY low!!!

Do not worry oh lover of slimey nuts .... we shall battle later in November!!!!

tones03
09-17-2007, 08:42 PM
This ND team keeps on getting better...

http://fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/ncaa?cnn=yes

Knox's_Better_half
09-17-2007, 08:50 PM
LOVE IT!!!!!:D :D Things are awfully quiet up here in VOL country. And you should read what the paper writes about this supposed prize of a coach!! From the sounds of things here ol fat phil may be lookin for employment elsewhere....."The worst loss of his career at UT":rolleyes:

Chief
09-17-2007, 09:57 PM
LOVE IT!!!!!:D :D Things are awfully quiet up here in VOL country. And you should read what the paper writes about this supposed prize of a coach!! From the sounds of things here ol fat phil may be lookin for employment elsewhere....."The worst loss of his career at UT":rolleyes:

I'll take Fatso part II at Notre Dame. He can't suck more than the FAT A&& thats there now. Send him to South Bend, I'll give him three years too.

LakePirate
09-17-2007, 10:42 PM
This ND team keeps on getting better...

http://fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/ncaa?cnn=yes

Those Classy Clausens.

The Big Orange Nation is still reeling from those boys.

trickskier
09-18-2007, 11:27 AM
THIS JUST IN................
Tennessee Coach Phil Fulmer has been rushed to the hospital..............
His blood pressure was 59 over 20!!!

Bruce
09-18-2007, 11:35 AM
Now that's clever!

Maristar210
09-18-2007, 11:35 AM
THIS JUST IN................
Tennessee Coach Phil Fulmer has been rushed to the hospital..............
His blood pressure was 59 over 20!!!

More like 259 over 220 he's a fat ****. I used to love watching Spurrier toy with him and then go ahead and burn him deep. I could see the smirk on Spurrier's face and the humiliation in fat Phil's eyes, I loved it bay bee

OhioProstar
09-18-2007, 01:41 PM
Can't take credit for it......but

Granite_33
09-18-2007, 01:49 PM
Charlie Cheeseburger...........

loeweb
09-18-2007, 02:24 PM
Sorry if it's already been posted but

how many batteries does it take to stop Michighan....

1 AA

LakePirate
09-18-2007, 10:29 PM
Really funny Tricky Really funny.

jbfootin
09-19-2007, 10:14 AM
Can't take credit for it......but
That is funny stuff!

trickskier
09-20-2007, 04:27 PM
BREAKING NEWS!!!

Georgia has FIRED Mark Richt and HIRED Michael Vick!!!

They wanted someone who could teach bulldogs to fight................:D

captain planet
09-20-2007, 04:42 PM
BREAKING NEWS!!!

Georgia has FIRED Mark Richt and HIRED Michael Vick!!!

They wanted someone who could teach bulldogs to fight................:D
BOOOOOOOOOOOO 8p

atlfootr
09-20-2007, 08:43 PM
BREAKING NEWS!!!

FIRED Richt,HIRED Vick!!!

They wanted someone who could teach bulldogs to fight................:DThought it was Pitbulls he fought :confused: :rolleyes:
Who cares, as long as his *** is in JAIL where he belongs :D

atlfootr
09-22-2007, 08:31 AM
These guy's should of left their aggression on the playing, now they won't be on the field for the remaining season if at all.

FSU Players fight w/ police ...

Sept 21 - Two Florida State football players are facing criminal charges following an altercation with police officers in which one player was stunned with a Taser.

http://usatoday.feedroom.com/index.jsp?fr_story=FRsupt218110

Monte
09-22-2007, 08:34 AM
These guy's should of left their aggression on the playing, now they won't be on the field for the remaining season if at all.

FSU Players fight w/ police ...

Sept 21 - Two Florida State football players are facing criminal charges following an altercation with police officers in which one player was stunned with a Taser.

http://usatoday.feedroom.com/index.jsp?fr_story=FRsupt218110

I saw that. Dang if alcohol can't make people do some stupid things..

atlfootr
09-22-2007, 08:40 AM
No dout, I'm sure Bobby Bowden's pretty upset at these guy's.
Good thing neither of 'em are starters :rolleyes:

Monte
09-22-2007, 08:57 AM
I'm going to the App State vs Wofford College game today.. Yep! looking forward to a good game! I know I know.. Small ball to most of you guys (except for you Michigan fans);) . App has a BIG bullseye on its back now, so at least everybody is bringing their A game..:)

P-hat_in_Cincy
09-23-2007, 09:23 PM
I'm going to the App State vs Wofford College game today.. Yep! looking forward to a good game! I know I know.. Small ball to most of you guys (except for you Michigan fans);) . App has a BIG bullseye on its back now, so at least everybody is bringing their A game..:)

I guess Wooford brought their A-game.

Man, the Big Ten is taking a big hit this year. Top 10 Penn St. loses to UM, Wisc has trouble with Iowa...??? Shees...tOSU will have to win out (handily) to have any argument for a top tier BCS game.

I can't complain that the OSU vs. NW game was over by the end of the 1st qtr. and the defense is playing pretty darn well. :cool: These stats are towards end of 3rd qtr...:D

brat
09-23-2007, 09:48 PM
What else is there to say!

Monte
09-24-2007, 08:10 AM
I guess Wooford brought their A-game.

You got that right! I have never seen them play like that. I have to blame Apps defense and the heat on our side of the field, oh and some crummy officiating. The D allowed 41 points while Wofford O used about 3 plays the whole game. The heat on our side of the field was almost unbearable and unrelenting. The W team stayed in the shade all afternoon. Last excuse; the officiating was attrocious. Two late hits uncalled on apps behalf. At least three Gimme first downs that were not even close for Wofford. So much for excuses, we just got beat.

Lastly I will say this very poor sportsmanship on the Wofford side of the ball and stands. Amanti Edwards was sacked and reinjured his shoulder. Instead of concern and good ole clapping when he got up. The W stands cheered at the injury:mad:

I will say this App needed to get their heads out of the clouds. It is time to start playing ball. That loss may be the best thing that could have happened...:cool:

Monte
09-24-2007, 08:25 AM
I will say this to add: I hope we get to play Wofford in the playoffs.

SkiDog
09-24-2007, 09:23 AM
HOW BOUT THEM DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!What else is there to say!

trickskier
09-24-2007, 08:51 PM
HOW BOUT THEM DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!
. .

atlfootr
09-25-2007, 10:00 AM
:uglyhamme:uglyhamme Now that's FUNNY.

Originally Posted by skidog
HOW BOUT THEM DOGS!!!!!!!!!!!

Maristar210
09-25-2007, 12:07 PM
http://www.detnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070925/UPDATE/709250416

captain planet
09-25-2007, 12:51 PM
C'mon, he's our third string. 8p

They should put him in jail with clarett for a month or two, that will straighten him out.

Would you please change your avatar to something else. It makes me sick each time I see one of your posts.

Maristar210
09-25-2007, 01:59 PM

They should put him in jail with clarett for a month or two, that will straighten him out.

Would you please change your avatar to something else. It makes me sick each time I see one of your posts.

See how nice a guy I am ?

Doug G
09-25-2007, 02:03 PM

UMP's been identified as a person of interest in the case according to rumor ...

P-hat_in_Cincy
09-25-2007, 02:30 PM

Well...hopefully Henton will realize his actions and turn it around pretty quickly...just like Troy Smith did. Tressel just needs to put the 'ointment' on him.

The article doesn't mention Tressel's comments and offers to extend the full resources of the program to get Henton some counseling. Henton also won't travel with the team to Minn.

I actually like what I see in Henton on the field. He spreads the ball around, throws with velocity, and has the ability to run.

It's too bad these kids can't keep their noses clean. Seems to be a lot of trouble this year.

captain planet
09-25-2007, 02:31 PM
See how nice a guy I am ?
Wow, your a much nicer guy than Tricky says you are. ;)

trickskier
09-25-2007, 02:45 PM
Wow, your a much nicer guy than Tricky says you are. ;)
How in the heck did I get drawn into this conversation???

Maristar210
09-25-2007, 02:50 PM

He's just a hater Trick, one who a still needs a haircut too :D

captain planet
09-25-2007, 02:58 PM
You need to change your avatar also. Can't you come up with something else? ;)