PDA

View Full Version : Official: "Its College Football Season" Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

Chief
12-04-2006, 08:35 PM
:D I love the Gators as much as you love the Irish. :D

Touché :D

east tx skier
12-04-2006, 09:46 PM
Well, Farmer, looks like you and me gots us a game to watch.

P-hat_in_Cincy
12-04-2006, 11:15 PM
It remains to be seen if the best team and second best team are even in the big 10. While it is certainly admirable that OSU beat Texas it's luster was lost and soon as the Aggies dropped Texas a few weeks later, makes you say hmmmm??? Perhaps the three best teams in the country are Auburn, Florida and OSU. I saw the highlights from Indiana and OSU and remember thinking "this OSU team is far from perfect".

This seems like sour grapes. According to your posts you pull(ed) for UM. If you would have beat OSU would your comments follow the same logic? :rolleyes:

That's great you saw the IU/OSU game and thought OSU was far from perfect. Please quote me any source that states OSU is w/o flaws...other than their 12-0 Big Ten Champion record this season and 19-0 win streak to date.

Any knock you think you are putting on OSU is an indirect knock on your UM since they did finish second to OSU.

...meanwhile the overzealous OSU fans have choked on thier waffles for decades so thier exhuberance is as overdue as a John Cooper haircut.

You'll have to wait until 11.17.07 to see if UM can end the 1-5 streak your in. Welcome to your very own 'Cooper' years!

Steve very objective view. I agree on perhaps the 3 best teams. The only problem I see is that you are confusing this thread with logic and common sense.

I disagree with your first sentence, the 2nd one will be determined in the next few weeks, and agree with your 3rd. :D

P-hat_in_Cincy
12-05-2006, 08:22 AM
The game hype stuff is starting to come out...:D

captain planet
12-05-2006, 09:52 AM
interesting tidbit:

Ohio State's Bowl History vs. the SEC

2001 Outback: South Carolina 31, Ohio State 28
2000 Outback: South Carolina 24, Ohio State 7
1996 Citrus: Tennessee 20, Ohio State 14
1995 Citrus: Alabama 24, Ohio State 17
1992 Citrus: Georgia 21, Ohio State 14
1989 Hall of Fame: Auburn 31, Ohio State 14
1977 Sugar: Alabama 35, Ohio State 6

Now Im not an oldtimer or a guru, so I dont know if Auburn was always in the SEC or some technicality like that.

But Ohio State is 0-7 vs. the SEC in Bowl Games lifetime

Take it for what it's worth...Just a comment

Anyone have a spread yet? Not that I won any money taking Michigan +7 betting AGAINST OSU before?;) ;)
Uh, all of those games you noted except the 1977 game were coached by John Cooper and therefore have an * next to them because, all things considered, I could have coached those games and had a better record. Cooper couldn't coach ANY big game as his 2-10-1 record against michigan would demonstrate.

captain planet
12-05-2006, 09:59 AM
In any case unranked Indiana hung with OSU this year so save your "were the best ever" comments cause, OSU you are not even close. you are three points and one personal foul call from sitting on the sidelines at the Rose Bowl. Man how easy the buck fans forget.....

Uh, yea but you were two stupid bad snaps (which were fumbles) away from getting beat by 17 points. The game is over, I think you are just a little sour that USC got beat and your not getting your second shot at OSU.

Look, we're all going to argue over this stuff every year until they get their heads our of thier collective arses and put in an 8 team playoff for the national championship. The system is what it is and it sucks, look at Auburn a few years ago. Just chalk up 2006 as another year the BCS screwed up again.

trickskier
12-05-2006, 10:00 AM
Uh, all of those games you noted except the 1977 game were coached by John Cooper and therefore have an * next to them because, all things considered, I could have coached those games and had a better record. Cooper couldn't coach ANY big game as his 2-10-1 record against michigan would demonstrate.

Yeah, but it all about the PSYCHE. You know how superstitious players and coaches are........
GO GATORS!!!!!

captain planet
12-05-2006, 10:07 AM
I believe their schedule was about as weak as Notre Dames.....LOL :D
Actually notre lames schedule was weaker!! :D :D

P-hat_in_Cincy
12-05-2006, 10:42 AM
In any case unranked Indiana hung with OSU this year so save your "were the best ever" comments cause...

I can't believe the Indiana game is even being used as an example. That was a 44-3 drubbing of Indiana. If my half-drunk mind (at the time...I was at the game) serves me correct, Indiana got their 3 points on the very first drive of the game. After that they did move the ball (as most teams have been able to do against us this year) but failed to put any more points on the board (as has been the case most of the year), while OSU's offense continued to put #'s (rushing/passing/scoring).

Now...if you want to talk the Illinois game...that's another story. We got our arses handed to us in the second half.

Look, we're all going to argue over this stuff every year...

Yep. The reality is that OSU has done everything they needed to do to be #1 and get into the Championship game...in the eyes of Buckeyes fans as well as coaches and other voting sources. Argue all you want who should be #2, but OSU will be #1 this year until someone proves it otherwise (on the field).

Now...don't we have something fun to discuss about 01.08.07?

Bruce
12-05-2006, 11:13 AM
Before this is all over somebody's going to get put in TIME OUT !

trickskier
12-05-2006, 11:28 AM
Albert is much better looking than Luckeye with the Blackeye....:D

Maristar210
12-05-2006, 11:31 AM
Uh, yea but you were two stupid bad snaps (which were fumbles) away from getting beat by 17 points. The game is over, I think you are just a little sour that USC got beat and your not getting your second shot at OSU.

Look, we're all going to argue over this stuff every year until they get their heads our of thier collective arses and put in an 8 team playoff for the national championship. The system is what it is and it sucks, look at Auburn a few years ago. Just chalk up 2006 as another year the BCS screwed up again.

I think I said this before; Don't pretend to know what I'm thinking:D

There are some sour grapes for sure but we'll see what happens.....

P-hat_in_Cincy
12-05-2006, 11:34 AM
Before this is all over somebody's going to get put in TIME OUT !

LOL! Nah. I'm done. I'm sure UM fans are hurtin' with the way things (polls/vote) turned out. Heck, if UM beats OSU it could have been the same arguments, different team.

That's the great thing about college ball...the passion it generates and knowing you get your chance again next year.

Time to move forward...

captain planet
12-05-2006, 11:35 AM
Yes we do, but it feels like we have to keep defending ourselves, doesn't it?

I just hope OSU remembers the 2002 National Championship game. That year, Miami was KILLING everyone and OSU was just finding ways to win. Miami thought they had an over-rated opponent and got shocked. I hope OSU sees the similar situation this year with respect to Florida.

Now Tricky, don't get all worked up, I am simply saying OSU has won by large margins all year and Florida has been finding ways to win. The similarities between this year and 2002 are there, and I hope Tressel sees this.

Maristar210
12-05-2006, 11:36 AM
All in good fun here. If someone's pi$$ed it ain't me:D

P-Hat

What size do you wear? I'm sending you and CP nice U of M sweatshirt!!!!

trickskier
12-05-2006, 11:43 AM
Now Tricky, don't get all worked up, I am simply saying OSU has won by large margins all year and Florida has been finding ways to win. The similarities between this year and 2002 are there, and I hope Tressel sees this.

I'm still riding high after getting back from Atlanta. It's great to watch the Gators win in the Georgia Dome!!!! Anyone going to the game? I can get there for free just need TIX!!!!

east tx skier
12-05-2006, 11:47 AM
Yep. The reality is that OSU has done everything they needed to do to be #1 and get into the Championship game...in the eyes of Buckeyes fans as well as coaches and other voting sources. Argue all you want who should be #2, but OSU will be #1 this year until someone proves it otherwise (on the field).

And, of course, there's one more chance of that happening. As we saw in last year's Rose Bowl, it ain't over 'til it's over. OSU has had a phenominal season this year thus far. Texas, not so much. :o

But the only rankings that matter are the last ones posted.

P-hat_in_Cincy
12-05-2006, 12:03 PM
I just hope OSU remembers the 2002 National Championship game. That year, Miami was KILLING everyone and OSU was just finding ways to win. Miami thought they had an over-rated opponent and got shocked. I hope OSU sees the similar situation this year with respect to Florida.
I was talkin' to a friend (Buckeye fan too) about this exact thing yesterday! I will remain confident in Tres that he will have this team motivated, plus I think the team feels they have some unfinished business. Not to mention, there are weeks worth of talk radio in Columbus to remind the players too! I'm more worried about rust and being flat after a 7wk layoff.

All in good fun here. If someone's pi$$ed it ain't me:D
:toast:

P-Hat
What size do you wear? I'm sending you and CP nice U of M sweatshirt!!!!
You know...my dad bought me a Pittsburgh sweatshirt (I'm a Browns fan, he's a Pukesburgh fan) and you should see it. It's my oil change shirt! You might want to save your $ :D

BIGBADBLUE
12-05-2006, 12:15 PM
Man, you leave the post for just a few hours and all heck breaks loose.

I will add one last comment: There are bad plays on both sides with the UM/OSU game. Fumbles, late hits, ect ... but the bottom line is that OSU won by only 3 points. Bad plays and penelties are created by the other teams scheme or talent differentiation. It is a fact that home field give you 6 to 7 points advantage so I will stick to my point that on a neutral field the game would have been different. The game was not played on a neutral field and UM lost.

One more point ... it is interesting on how UF and the media are justifing their position at #2. Not that they are the #2 best team but that the deserve it, they are the conference champs, bla bla bla.

I will be in Columbus Wednesday and Thursday wearing my UM shirt so I will probably get the $hit kicked out of me. Being a fan has its ups and downs.

Bring on USC and a #2 rating at the end of the year.

bcampbe7
12-05-2006, 12:43 PM
And, of course, there's one more chance of that happening. As we saw in last year's Rose Bowl, it ain't over 'til it's over. OSU has had a phenominal season this year thus far. Texas, not so much. :o

But the only rankings that matter are the last ones posted.

Eastie, it looks like Texas is playing Iowa in the Alamo Bowl this year!

GO HAWKS!

Faded & X9-Rated
12-05-2006, 01:06 PM
I personally like the BCS. Why? Cause it usually only screws over one, maybe 2 teams a year. A playoff would screw over many teams. If you took the top 8 teams (by the human polls) you would have :

Ohio State
Florida
Michigan
Louisiana State
Louisville
Wisconsin
Oklahoma
Southern Cal

You would leave out undefeated Boise State, and the winner of the Atlantic Coast Conference, and many other teams.

Read this article from espn.com & just think of how it would be without the BCS (Michigan would play in the Outback Bowl!!!)

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=jones/061205

trickskier
12-05-2006, 01:56 PM
I couldn't pass on posting this one!

east tx skier
12-05-2006, 02:45 PM
Eastie, it looks like Texas is playing Iowa in the Alamo Bowl this year!

GO HAWKS!

So you and Farmer are ganging up on me, eh. Where's Ric and St. John when I need 'em. Go Horns!

shepherd
12-05-2006, 02:53 PM
The game hype stuff is starting to come out...:D

Fear the nut???? :confused:

shepherd
12-05-2006, 02:57 PM
Yes we do, but it feels like we have to keep defending ourselves, doesn't it?

Nah, you guys don't have to defend yourselves. I think everyone here will agree that OSU is the undisputed No. 1 (with Michigan a close 2nd :D)

though I won't fear any nut

Ric
12-05-2006, 03:00 PM
So you and Farmer are ganging up on me, eh. Where's Ric and St. John when I need 'em. Go Horns! . HOOKEM
oh well east, the coogs have a conference championship to bring home to Texas! 8p

sanjuan23
12-05-2006, 03:11 PM
HOOK'EM!!! Seems like I was avoiding this thread for obvious reasons over the past three weeks!:o

LakePirate
12-05-2006, 03:12 PM
I personally like the BCS. Why? Cause it usually only screws over one, maybe 2 teams a year. A playoff would screw over many teams. If you took the top 8 teams (by the human polls) you would have :

Ohio State
Florida
Michigan
Louisiana State
Louisville
Wisconsin
Oklahoma
Southern Cal

You would leave out undefeated Boise State, and the winner of the Atlantic Coast Conference, and many other teams.

Read this article from espn.com & just think of how it would be without the BCS (Michigan would play in the Outback Bowl!!!)

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=jones/061205

It seems to work in Division 1-AA, Division II and Division III. So the author citing finals week as a reason is moot, as well as playing teams playing with injuries, it's part of the deal. Who gets in is what it is, every year the 66th team in basketball has some sour grapes, they get over it. All the other divisions do it with 16 teams. Sure the championship game is on Graduation day for Fall semester but that is a choice you as a supporter of your team have to make.

8 teams = 4 games
4 teams = 2 games
2 teams = 1 game

7 games added to the schedule. Cut back from 12 games to 11 and the championship team will play 15 games max if they are in a conference with a championship game, others will play 14 - oh wait that is the number the teams in conferences play with championship games now.

8 teams
1) SEC Champ
2) Pac-10 Champ
3) Big 12 Champ
4) Big East Champ
5) ACC Champ
6) Big Ten Champ
7) at large
8) at large

Then you could seed them depending on ranking.

At this point only the BCS bowl are money makers, the Tennessee athletic director hopes to break even on the Outback bowl this year. Often times schools lose money going to bowls (notice the missing bands at smaller bowls). This gives conferences the ability to make their money, as well as give the fans and players a true champion. With an 8 team playoff it gives you 2 more games that will make tons of money for the Universities as well as the conferences (money to all schools in conference).

trickskier
12-05-2006, 07:50 PM
Hey Guys,
Let's remember one thing, the Bowls were created to bring revenue to the cities hosting the event and the college teams participating in them. From what I've been able to research, the first bowl game was held in 1902 in Pasadena to help bring interest to the Tournament of Roses Parade. Michigan defeated Stanford 49-0 before a crowd of 8,000. The organizers were afraid that the lopsided victory would discourage fans from returning the following year so they replaced it with a chariot race.

My point is, are we being selfish in asking student athletes to compete like professionals just so we as fans can boast about our team being National Champions? These are young men who are going to college trying to earn a degree so they can work in the real world. Not all of them will make it to the professional world of football. And even fewer will be successful on or off the field, especially if they do not graduate.

I posted a link earlier #1476 about graduation rates among student athletes. I was shocked to read that so few were actually graduating. However, the NCAA's new academic standards seem to be working. Colleges are now recruiting different student athletes because they cannot afford the penalties. However, if a playoff system were put in place it could undermine the efforts by the NCAA to increase the graduation rate among student athletes. Playing extra games just for bragging rights just doesn't make sense in my opinion.

The BCS is far from perfect, but it is the hand we have been dealt. I for one am tired of all the sports announcers bellyaching about who is really #2!!! GET OVER IT!!!!! The officials that were nominated to vote have voted. If you don't like the results REPLACE THEM!!!! And quit bashing the Florida and Michigan programs.

Chief
12-05-2006, 09:06 PM
College football is becoming no fun with all this BS. Throw out the BCS and let the voters decide. On another note how about even out the schedules to where the big boys play the big boys! Too many warm up patsey games on the schedules.

Example:
Notre Dame vs. Michigan
ND vs. Florida
ND vs. Miami
ND vs. FSU
ND vs. OSU
ND vs. USC
ND vs. Penn St.
ND vs. Tenn
ND vs. West Virginia
ND vs. Texas
ND vs. BC
ND vs. Navy (Too much tradition to stop that one!)

Yes I know they may be 5-6 or worst, but if everyone played a schedule like that then it would not be uncommon to have a 7-4 team playing for the National Championship.

All the big boys play some pretty weak teams and if you fill them in with some real talent then its a true view of a team. You go undefeated with a sked like above then you are the no Sh!t champ.

Oh yeah, why does the Heisman now come from the team playing for the Championship? How about give that trophey to a defensive player! Or a QB on a team ranked 10 or 11?

Too F'ing much BS in college football.

Well I'm done, true testimate that I'm getting f'ing old! :)

P-hat_in_Cincy
12-05-2006, 09:32 PM
Some of you will notice this link will take you to Buckeyextra, but I'm posting it because it has really good information on all the match-ups...including the spread (when they come out).

CLICK HERE. (http://buckeyextra.sportsdirectinc.com/football/ncaaf-matchups.aspx?page=/data/ncaaf/matchups/g8_summary_32.html)

Maristar210
12-06-2006, 06:49 AM
Some of you will notice this link will take you to Buckeyextra, but I'm posting it because it has really good information on all the match-ups...including the spread (when they come out).

CLICK HERE. (http://buckeyextra.sportsdirectinc.com/football/ncaaf-matchups.aspx?page=/data/ncaaf/matchups/g8_summary_32.html)

The spreads are out: (sort of.... but Danny Sheridan is usually close)

OSU -8 over Fla.

Link:http://www.usatoday.com/sports/gaming/sheridan.htm

If it is -8 I am all over Florida like a $2 hooker on a glass pipe.

shepherd
12-06-2006, 08:48 AM
With that spread, I think I'd be betting on OSU.

I agree with Trickskier. Sometimes we lose sight of the fact that these are amateur teams of college students, very few of whom will actually make it to the NFL. I don't think expanding the schedule just so us fans will enjoy a playoff would be in the best interests of the students. Personally, I don't lose sleep worrying about whether "my" team (Michigan) is ranked #1, #2, or #32. I just enjoy the debate! And the BCS gives us plenty of material to debate about. I also kind of enjoy the drama every Sunday or Monday when we're all waiting to see what the new BCS rankings will show.

LakePirate
12-06-2006, 09:03 AM
Tricky and Shep - Sure we need to remember that these are college students but I am not sure I get your point. As I mentioned before in all other divisions of NCAA College football the championship team plays 15 games. The student-athletes at the colleges and universities that participate are even less likely to be drafted and have a professional career, yet no one is belly aching about them playing too many games. For that matter D-3 players are not even on scholarship to play football.

All I am saying is that the precedence has been set. It is time to remove the politics of the polls, bowls, athletic directors, boosters and presidents and get a playoff system.

shepherd
12-06-2006, 09:04 AM
Good point Lake.

BIGBADBLUE
12-06-2006, 09:44 AM
[QUOTE=jcrosby150]
Oh yeah, why does the Heisman now come from the team playing for the Championship? How about give that trophey to a defensive player! Or a QB on a team ranked 10 or 11?QUOTE]

Ask Tenn fans about defensice players winning the heisman. They are still talking about Charles Woodson over Manning. By the way ... they have every right to complain ... Manning should have won the Heisman but ESPN won it for Woodson.

I hope you are not saying that Quinn should win the Heisman. Smith is absolutely the best player this year in my opinion. Good stats and good leader.

Everything is political now and we need a playoff!!!

LakePirate
12-06-2006, 10:02 AM
Ask Tenn fans about defensice players winning the heisman. They are still talking about Charles Woodson over Manning. By the way ... they have every right to complain ... Manning should have won the Heisman but ESPN won it for Woodson.

Everything is political now and we need a playoff!!!

Peyton got Robbed!

ESPN hates Tennessee.

trickskier
12-06-2006, 11:25 AM
All I am saying is that the precedence has been set. It is time to remove the politics of the polls, bowls, athletic directors, boosters and presidents and get a playoff system.

LP, the point I'm trying to make is the graduation rate among student athletes is already low. So much emphasis is placed on winning the National Championship that we as fans will sacrifice (overlook) a students academic needs in order to achieve an advantage on the field. As I stated the NCAA's new academic standards are requiring colleges to recruit a different student athlete than in past years. Remember, the reason they are there in the first place is to get an education.

Here are some examples of what I'm talking about. Did you know that only 11 players from the entire 1980 Georgia National Championship Team graduated? And how about Miami with all the THUGS that have come through that program. Michael Irvin, drug abuse & Ray Lewis (should be in prison for murder) come to mind.

And lastly, how are you going to tell all those cities that have supported the bowl system and depend on the revenue from bowl games that they're are no longer wanted?

I'll give you one last scenario, if a playoff system is put in place what are the logistics going to be? I mean, where will the games be played? How will fans get tickets and make travel arrangements in such a short period of time? If they play week to week on different neutral fields it will be impossible for fans to receive ticktets, and make travel and accommodation reservations.

The only people I truly see benefiting would be the SCALPERS!!!!!

I have enough FF Miles for my wife & I to fly first class to Phoenix and have found reasonable room rates nearby. However, the tickets are COST PROHIBITIVE!!!!! That's the only thing keeping me from going!

trickskier
12-06-2006, 11:32 AM
Hey CP & P-Hat this site is for you!!!

floridagatorz.tripod.com Sorry, you'll have to type it in.

Maristar210
12-06-2006, 11:43 AM
What are you forgettting?

G A M B L I N G

Why do really think they play games on everyday but Monday? Do you think it's for national exposure for the teams only? Of course not. It's because Joe addicted gambler who owes his bookie five grand needs a chase game to re-coup his losses. Way more $$$ gambled on any game than the TV rights or college payouts associated.

If you look at Pinnacle.com they have added lines for HIGH SCHOOL GAMES this year and places like Texas where high school FB is king is smack dab in the middle of it.

trickskier
12-06-2006, 11:48 AM
What are you forgettting?

G A M B L I N G

I totally agree with you on that one Steve. While I will place a friendly wager on games, I wasn't even considering Joe addict!!

Maristar210
12-06-2006, 11:56 AM
Trick

Like a lot of things, it's more common than you might think. I know of a very prominent Dentist (if there is such a thing) who has had "the man" come into his practice demanding the ten large he owed him. A few root canals later he paid them and he is now a "former gambler"......

True story.

Steve

trickskier
12-06-2006, 11:59 AM
Trick

Like a lot of things, it's more common than you might think. I know of a very prominent Dentist (if there is such a thing) who has had "the man" come into his practice demanding the ten large he owed him. A few root canals later he paid them and he is now a "former gambler"......

True story.

Steve

That does not surprise me.........So does he have any tix he wants to sell to National Championship Game???? :D :D

P-hat_in_Cincy
12-06-2006, 12:06 PM
Hey CP & P-Hat this site is for you!!!

floridagatorz.tripod.com Sorry, you'll have to type it in.

Work safe?

Maristar210
12-06-2006, 12:08 PM
I don't.... but this guys does: http://cgi.ebay.com/4-BCS-CHAMPIONSHIP-Ohio-State-Michigan-USC-Florida_W0QQitemZ330056995313QQihZ014QQcategoryZ16 122QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

trickskier
12-06-2006, 01:35 PM
Work safe?

Absolutely!!!

trickskier
12-06-2006, 01:37 PM
I don't.... but this guys does: http://cgi.ebay.com/4-BCS-CHAMPIONSHIP-Ohio-State-Michigan-USC-Florida_W0QQitemZ330056995313QQihZ014QQcategoryZ16 122QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

That's SLIGHTLY out of my price range.....:uglyhamme

P-hat_in_Cincy
12-08-2006, 09:30 AM
so I'm fanning the fire! :D

Maristar210
12-08-2006, 09:42 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Maristar210
12-10-2006, 08:55 AM
It's been over 12 hours since Troy won the Heismann. I can't believe P-hat and Captain Planet haven't been touting thier victory. Must still be sleeping it off eh Bucks?

What is it you guys drink?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Steve:D

trickskier
12-10-2006, 10:55 AM
No problem P-hat keep fanning. There are plenty of GATORS in the SWAMP. Just waiting on Jan 8th.......BTW did you check out that website?

atlfootr
12-10-2006, 11:00 AM
I heard through the grapevine, that next year's attendence @ FSU will increase significantly.
I can garrantee, that's it not due to this year's magnificant football program but rather to the signing on of many newly registared female freshman :D

trickskier
12-10-2006, 11:02 AM
I heard through the grapevine, that next year's attendence @ FSU will increase significantly.
I can garrantee, that's it not due to this year's magnificant football program but rather to the signing on of many newly registared female freshman :D

For a minute I thought you were going to say that the OTHER Bowden had resigned too.......:D

BTW the girl on the left. Is her name Lucy Bowels????

atlfootr
12-10-2006, 11:06 AM
BTW, the girl on the left.
Is her name Lucy Bowels????Next time I run into someone, that may know of her I'll ask :rolleyes:

trickskier
12-10-2006, 11:07 AM
Next time I run into someone, that may know of her I'll ask :rolleyes:
OK, she just had one of those familiar faces.....:D

P-hat_in_Cincy
12-10-2006, 03:32 PM
It's been over 12 hours since Troy won the Heismann. I can't believe P-hat and Captain Planet haven't been touting thier victory. Must still be sleeping it off eh Bucks?

Steve:D

Not my victory. It's the victory of a young man making the right choices to turn his life around. His story is a good one and hopefully he keeps moving in the right direction. If the hype is real, he can be an inspiration to many.

Congrats Troy...the Buckey Nation is proud.

:toast:

atlfootr
12-12-2006, 06:43 PM
Just watch'n ACC All Access, Bobby Bowden was interviewd saying that a great coaches lead their players by mold'n, shaping and lett'n 'em lose on the field to spread their wings.

I'm always interested in what he has to say :)

trickskier
12-14-2006, 09:47 AM
Yes Christmas shoppers there's only 26 days until January 8th.....GO GATORS!!!

captain planet
12-14-2006, 10:45 AM

What is it you guys drink?:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Steve
Yea, I've been real busy at work the last two weeks. You know, the end of the year push to get things done is interfering with my ability to rattle sabres with you guys on here. 8p

Ric
12-14-2006, 11:00 AM
I can garrantee, that's it not due to this year's magnificant football program but rather to the signing on of many newly registared female freshman :D HOT diggety!

trickskier
12-19-2006, 11:58 AM
OK only 20 days left until the BIG GAME.....Have Captain Planet, C-phat, & Ohioprostar gone into SECLUSION???? Hey guys talk it up! Where's the SMACK I was reading earlier??
GO GATORS!!!!

Maristar210
12-19-2006, 12:01 PM
OK only 20 days left until the BIG GAME.....Have Captain Planet, C-phat, & Ohioprostar gone into SECLUSION???? Hey guys talk it up! Where's the SMACK I was reading earlier??
GO GATORS!!!!

They're on meds till the 8th tricky

trickskier
12-19-2006, 12:04 PM
They're on meds till the 8th tricky
They might want to go ahead get them refilled.........I feel an upset in the wind......:D

BIGBADBLUE
12-19-2006, 03:24 PM
It is tough to talk smack if the best 2 teams are not playing in the game!!!! :)

OhioProstar
12-19-2006, 03:47 PM
GO GATORS!!!!
I have been in seclusion since JLSmith was hired....I do hear good things about Dantonio...but will withhold judgement for a couple years.

Regarding the Bucks and Florida...If I were Micha'Star Steve I would take the Bucks and the line.

trickskier
12-19-2006, 04:03 PM
It is tough to talk smack if the best 2 teams are not playing in the game!!!! :)
If I were in your shoes I would probably feel the same way. However, I do feel that Florida is the second best team by the schedule they played. They proved on the field that they belong in the National Championship Game.

OSU only played 3 ranked opponents this year and none as fast as the Gators.

captain planet
12-19-2006, 04:28 PM
If I were in your shoes I would probably feel the same way. However, I do feel that Florida is the second best team by the schedule they played. They proved on the field that they belong in the National Championship Game.

OSU only played 3 ranked opponents this year and none as fast as the Gators.
Uh, wrong. It was 4.

Texas, Penn State, Iowa, michigan. All of these teams were ranked when we played them. And we played the BIG 10, which is the best conference in college football.

And Florida isn't all that fast, it's just that those two colors together give you the illusion of speed. Royal blue and orange, who comes up with this S#!t?

trickskier
12-19-2006, 04:32 PM
Uh, wrong. It was 4.

Texas, Penn State, Iowa, michigan. All of these teams were ranked when we played them. And we played the BIG 10, which is the best conference in college football.

And Florida isn't all that fast, it's just that those two colors together give you the illusion of speed. Royal blue and orange, who comes up with this S#!t?
Hey, Gald to see you guys are out of hibernation. OK, I'll give you 4. It's going to be Urban Warfare Jan 8th!
GO GATORS!!!

Chief
12-19-2006, 05:17 PM
Die thread DIE!

trickskier
12-19-2006, 07:30 PM
GO GATORS!!!!

Maristar210
12-19-2006, 07:31 PM
Uh, wrong. It was 4.

PENN STATE?

Your reaching dude ......:D :D

BIGBADBLUE
12-19-2006, 09:24 PM
I have internal conflict ... I am agreeing with an OSU fan. ARRGGGGG!!!!!

I need some help!!!!!

On a more serious note - UF will get a smack down of their life at the Fiesta Bowl. Do not give me that speed argument. Everyone has speed now-a days. This is not your grandfathers big 10.

shepherd
12-19-2006, 11:24 PM
fear the nut! 8p

trickskier
12-20-2006, 04:39 PM
On a more serious note - UF will get a smack down of their life at the Fiesta Bowl. Do not give me that speed argument. Everyone has speed now-a days. This is not your grandfathers big 10.
Not so fast BBB, The Gators will be ready and have a good chance of beating the big 10 chumps......:D

trickskier
12-20-2006, 04:41 PM
fear the nut! 8p
Shep, you live in FLORIDA, and you're pulling for the luckeyes? Are you a transplant?

KnoxX2
12-20-2006, 06:02 PM
Ever seen what a GATOR can do to a nut. Well you will get a first hand look on the 8th. We will have Ohio State by the nuts.

trickskier
12-20-2006, 06:04 PM
Ever seen what a GATOR can do to a nut. Well you will get a first hand look on the 8th. We will have Ohio State by the nuts.

The Gators will can'em

LakePirate
12-21-2006, 08:44 AM
All the Jacket fans got an early Christmas Present. Reggie Ball declared ineligible for the bowl game.

http://www.ajc.com/gatech/content/sports/gatech/stories/2006/12/21/1221techball.html?cxntnid=sprt122106e

Couldn't keep the 2.0
Don't he know Cs equals Degrees?

Maristar210
12-21-2006, 09:02 AM
All the Jacket fans got an early Christmas Present. Reggie Ball declared ineligible for the bowl game.

http://www.ajc.com/gatech/content/sports/gatech/stories/2006/12/21/1221techball.html?cxntnid=sprt122106e

Couldn't keep the 2.0

Reggie needs to learn a new phrase:

"You want fries with that?"

I am not even a GT fan and I can't stand the me me attitude that seeps from this idiot. Bye Reggie:rolleyes:

LakePirate
12-21-2006, 09:17 AM
Reggie needs to learn a new phrase:

"You want fries with that?"

I am not even a GT fan and I can't stand the me me attitude that seeps from this idiot. Bye Reggie:rolleyes:

I used to have a neighbor who was the team equipment manager (a paid position, not the waterboy). He said that good ol' Reggie was the biggest thug that he has ever seen. He would know he saw him every day.

Over his career he had a 44.4% completion rate and threw just 2 more touchdowns than interceptions.

/just read that in the paper.

trickskier
12-21-2006, 09:33 AM
All the Jacket fans got an early Christmas Present. Reggie Ball declared ineligible for the bowl game.Couldn't keep the 2.0
What did he fail? Basket weaving???

LakePirate
12-21-2006, 09:35 AM
What did he fail? Basket weaving???

No word on what he failed.

/took rocks for jocks in College, that sheiot was hard.

trickskier
12-21-2006, 09:47 AM
No word on what he failed.

/took rocks for jocks in College, that sheiot was hard.
Yeah, I'll bet!!!

trickskier
12-21-2006, 10:24 AM
And we played the BIG 10, which is the best conference in college football.
A little comparison between the SEC and The Big 10:
Currently the SEC has 5 Teams ranked in the Top 25:
#2) FLORIDA - Soon to be #1
#4) LSU
#10) Auburn
#13) Arkansas
#18) Tennessee

Conversely The Big 10 only has 3 Teams in the Top 25:
#1) Ohio Snake - Soon to be #4
#3) Michigan
#5) Wisconsin

The SEC has 8 Teams out of 12 with winning records, 4 with 10 wins or more. While the Big 10 only has 5 Teams with winning records 3 with 10 wins or more.

So where do you get off saying the Big 10 is the best conference in college football? The statistics sure don't prove it.......:D

Maristar210
12-21-2006, 10:44 AM
A little comparison between the SEC and The Big 10:
Currently the SEC has 5 Teams ranked in the Top 25:
#2) FLORIDA - Soon to be #1
#4) LSU
#10) Auburn
#13) Arkansas
#18) Tennessee

Conversely The Big 10 only has 3 Teams in the Top 25:
#1) Ohio Snake - Soon to be #4
#3) Michigan
#5) Wisconsin

The SEC has 8 Teams out of 12 with winning records, 4 with 10 wins or more. While the Big 10 only has 5 Teams with winning records 3 with 10 wins or more.

So where do you get off saying the Big 10 is the best conference in college football? The statistics sure don't prove it.......:D

I agree. CP was being a homer with that comment. SEC is very strong.

trickskier
12-21-2006, 11:07 AM
I agree. CP was being a homer with that comment. SEC is very strong.
They were this this year. Love the signature Steve!

BIGBADBLUE
12-21-2006, 11:38 AM
SEC is strong ... just does not have one of the top 2 teams in their conference. Man ... I need to get over this issue!!!

Glad hockey season is in full swing or I would be in depression.

Maristar210
12-21-2006, 11:52 AM
They were this this year. Love the signature Steve!

Matches my new avatar, wouldn't you agree? :D

captain planet
12-21-2006, 12:16 PM
I just know, OK? This is Mr. Conductor talking here, I know what I am talking about.

.........and yea, it was a bit if a "homer" comment, but it got the reaction I was looking for. :D

You know how you keep a SEC fan in suspense?

Maristar210
12-21-2006, 12:27 PM
I just know, OK? This is Mr. Conductor talking here, I know what I am talking about.

.........and yea, it was a bit if a "homer" comment, but it got the reaction I was looking for. :D

No but I am sure you will share it with all of us....

LakePirate
12-21-2006, 03:04 PM

Make us wait for a Slow 10 play to develop...

captain planet
12-21-2006, 03:14 PM
Make us wait for a Slow 10 play to develop...
Name any player on the gators that are as fast as Ginn or Gongalez.

Maristar210
12-21-2006, 03:26 PM

I have heard of "stone hands" Ginn

But CP who the heck is "Gongalez"?

Sounds like something Bigmac should be treating....:D

captain planet
12-21-2006, 03:59 PM
I have heard of "stone hands" Ginn

But CP who the heck is "Gongalez"?

Sounds like something Bigmac should be treating....:D
Oops, typo.:o Gonzalez.

LakePirate
12-21-2006, 04:06 PM
This guy (http://www.gatorzone.com/story.php?id=11384&html=football/news/20061221094200.html&sport=footb)

Shame on you for making me go look up his name on the dam gator website.

trickskier
12-21-2006, 04:20 PM

Percy Harvin.......He's going to shoot through that Ohio Snake defensive line like a rabbit.......:D

captain planet
12-22-2006, 09:19 AM
Percy Harvin.......He's going to shoot through that Ohio Snake defensive line like a rabbit.......:D
Yawn.......:popcorn:

captain planet
12-22-2006, 09:21 AM
OK, does anybody other than me find it humerous that the Oregon Ducks got creamed by BYU last night. Boy that PAC 10 is awful.

trickskier
12-22-2006, 09:22 AM
Yawn.......:popcorn:
Keep yawning CP......The game will be OVER in the blink of an eye. That's how fast Harvin is........:woohoo:

trickskier
12-22-2006, 09:23 AM
OK, does anybody other than me find it humerous that the Oregon Ducks got creamed by BYU last night. Boy that PAC 10 is awful.
Probably has something to do with the UNIFORMS!!!!!

captain planet
12-22-2006, 09:25 AM
Little did you know tricky, Gonzalez is actually FASTER than Ginn. Our speed was on display all season and pretenders, like notre lame last year, got a taste of it. Wait till Pittman gets in his groove which will open up things for 7-11 (always open). (Ginn and Gonzalez)

captain planet
12-22-2006, 09:26 AM
Probably has something to do with the UNIFORMS!!!!!
No kidding. They make your uni's look good. Those helmets remind me of those "bug-bulbs" people put outside to attract mosquitos. :D

Chief
12-22-2006, 10:23 AM
We should rename this the CP and Trick room. :)

Maristar210
12-22-2006, 10:24 AM

No ****............

trickskier
12-22-2006, 10:30 AM

Sorry your team let you down......:wavey:

Have a safe trip to P'cola!

Chief
12-22-2006, 10:42 AM
Sorry your team let you down......:wavey:

Have a safe trip to P'cola!

I've learned to accept the things I cannot change. Wait that's an AA statement.

Good ole Lou Holtz never let me down, it's all the clowns after him. Charlie "I just ate a bucket of fried chicken" looks to be heading in the right direction. We will have to see what the Sugar Bowl says before I believe that direction crap I just typed.

Heading out to P'cola in an hour or so. Have a Merry Christmas!

Maristar210
12-22-2006, 11:00 AM

Good ole Lou Holtz never let me down, it's all the clowns after him. Charlie "I just ate a bucket of fried chicken" looks to be heading in the right direction. We will have to see what the Sugar Bowl says before I believe that direction crap I just typed.

Da da da da da Old Notre Dame.

Charlie likes to drop the F bomb about 500 times a day.

captain planet
12-22-2006, 11:35 AM

Jcrosby, Finally someone other than me can see Charlie is a heart-attack waiting to happen. How can he expect his players to push themselves physically when he looks like he does?

I hate to give you a lump of coal today, but notre lame doesn't stand a chance against LSU. Tigers by 28 points.

BIGBADBLUE
12-22-2006, 02:06 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/story?page=scncfplayoff

Finally someone got it right!!!!

trickskier
12-22-2006, 02:52 PM

Would you like some cheese with that WHINE???

captain planet
12-22-2006, 03:13 PM

Hold the phone, you think that LSU would beat OSU? :purplaugh

trickskier
12-22-2006, 04:22 PM
Hey CP,
You what they say about a conductor that blow his own horn don't ya??? :D

BIGBADBLUE
12-22-2006, 05:16 PM
Hold the phone, you think that LSU would beat OSU? :purplaugh

Not a chance ... I was refering to UM being in the final game. I do think UM would beat UF.

atlfootr
12-27-2006, 09:46 PM
Kiss for a WIN!
LIVE now on ESPN at the EMERALD BOWL begin played in San Fransico

Currently at HALF TIME

FSU 13, UCLA 20

Chief
12-27-2006, 10:00 PM
Jcrosby, Finally someone other than me can see Charlie is a heart-attack waiting to happen. How can he expect his players to push themselves physically when he looks like he does?

I hate to give you a lump of coal today, but notre lame doesn't stand a chance against LSU. Tigers by 28 points.

I agree with about 80% CP but I think the players of ND are ready to prove something after the last embarrasment. That's why they play the game.

atlfootr
12-27-2006, 10:21 PM
Kiss for a WIN!
LIVE now on ESPN at the EMERALD BOWL begin played in San Fransico

Currently at HALF TIME

FSU 13, UCLA 20BIG TIME PLAY for Florida State !
Jus' made was block punt bye FSU, pick'd up and ran in ...
FSU SCORES!!!
:firejump::firejump::firejump::firejump:

Tony Carter for FSU picks off a interception, runs it in for a TD !
NOW .. FSU 44
UCLA 27

atlfootr
12-27-2006, 11:41 PM
2:03 minutes lft ...

atlfootr
12-27-2006, 11:52 PM
boy, that Kiss for WIN really help seal the game along w/ Carter's 85 yard interception return!

Tonight's Final Win for FSU made it Bowden's
20th BOWL VICTORY and 360th carer win!

Way To Go FSU Seminoles and Bobby Bowden ...

captain planet
12-28-2006, 10:08 AM
I agree with about 80% CP but I think the players of ND are ready to prove something after the last embarrasment. That's why they play the game.
I hope your right. Trying to watch a big bowl game that is a blow out is just awful (unless it is The Ohio State University that is winning :D ).

kycat2007
12-28-2006, 10:44 AM
I am going to Music City Bowl today and watching the game tomorrow. I think KY has a chance but will have to play like they did at UT. Clemson has alot of speed from what I have heard. KY doesn't get to bowls very often so I hope they hold the SEC up and not be a letdown.

trickskier
12-28-2006, 03:38 PM
Are they in the bathroom??

Davo
12-28-2006, 03:59 PM
Yeah baby.

I figure the UF vs OSU smack talk will resume shortly. I'm a gator fan, but my family is a bunch of Ohioans....they sent me this...If you listen closely you can hear Irwin laughing... :D

trickskier
12-28-2006, 04:26 PM
That SISSY tressel wouldn't last 10 minutes in a SWAMP!!! I'll bet he eats QUICHE too!!
GO GATORS!!!

shepherd
12-28-2006, 05:13 PM
fear the nut
beware the sweater vest

:confused: :rolleyes: :confused:

I believe OSU has the team, but they sure need to work on the trash talk...

Chief
12-28-2006, 06:24 PM
I hope your right. Trying to watch a big bowl game that is a blow out is just awful (unless it is The Ohio State University that is winning :D ).

Yes indeed CP, it really sucks to get all hyped up and wait and wait and when the game finally in on it's a stinking blow out. I sure hope the Gators bring a good game since all the hype is building. The USC VS. Texas game last year was a good one, but with the bowl schedule selections so far it's been blow out after blow out. Hopefully the big boys show up to play.

captain planet
12-29-2006, 10:35 AM
That SISSY tressel wouldn't last 10 minutes in a SWAMP!!! I'll bet he eats QUICHE too!!
GO GATORS!!!
Hey, what's wrong with quiche? My wife makes a mean qiuche. I have it about once a month or so.

If the fact that Jim Tressel wears a sweater-vest bothers you, maybe you should see a therapist.:rolleyes: Maybe it is you who is insecure with yourself and needs to rip on Jim for his choice of clothing to make you feel better about your sub-par football team. Either it is that or your just pi$$ed that a guy wearing a sweater-vest is so smart and it scares you because you know when THE Ohio State Buckeyes leave Arizona next week, THEY WILL ALL HAVE ON NEW BOOTS!!! :headbang:

Maristar210
12-29-2006, 11:17 AM
Gators plus eight is where my money is... Bucks might win but I bet (literally) they don't cover 8.

We'll see....

trickskier
12-29-2006, 11:27 AM
Hey CP,
Where in my post does it say anything about tressel wearing a sweater vest? I said the SISSY couldn't survive 10 minutes in a SWAMP, much less catch a GATOR! However, come January 8th, it will be the GATORS wearing sweater vest's, instead of your beloved buckeyes wearing new boots home. :woohoo:

So do you invite Jimmy boy over for quiche????

GASouthernMC
12-31-2006, 11:50 AM
Anybody catch that Peach bowl last night? That might be one of the best games of this bowl season

DemolitionMan
12-31-2006, 12:28 PM
Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BIGBADBLUE
12-31-2006, 02:09 PM
Gators plus eight is where my money is... Bucks might win but I bet (literally) they don't cover 8.

We'll see....

I gotta disagree ... OSU will cover easily. WIll be a blow out and a boring game.

Maristar210
12-31-2006, 02:15 PM
I gotta disagree ... OSU will cover easily. WIll be a blow out and a boring game.

Florida is a good football team BBB. Like I said we'll see....

trickskier
01-01-2007, 09:28 AM
I love how everyone in the big 10 is so overconfident and already giving the game to OSU. The GATORS are a dangerous team and have nothing to lose. A lot of the players were injured and banged up during the seaon. This month off will allow them to heal and be near 100%. Urban will have more weapons to choose from for this game than he has had all season.
GO GATORS!!!

Maristar210
01-01-2007, 08:22 PM
I am a Michigan fan but I am truly embarassed by the total lack of coaching and sincere lack of desire on the behalf of UM.

Anyone who thinks they are a top rated team after this needs a drug test. They are not good at all and Lloyd and his staff must have hit the bong all week because they were not prepared and thus they were out coached, badly outcoached IMO.

four bowls in a row - LOSERS

east tx skier
01-01-2007, 08:39 PM
Man, we go to Luby's for some black eyed peas for the wife at the beginning of the third quarter and it's all tied up. We get back and ..., well, let's just say much had changed. What happened?

Maristar210
01-01-2007, 09:46 PM
Man, we go to Luby's for some black eyed peas for the wife at the beginning of the third quarter and it's all tied up. We get back and ..., well, let's just say much had changed. What happened?

USC opened it up

UM continued its conservative style..

NO sense of urgency by UM. Looked like a scrimmage... awful

kycat2007
01-01-2007, 11:44 PM
Michigan over rated?

east tx skier
01-02-2007, 12:53 AM
Holy cow! Did anybody watch Boise State beat OU in overtime? What a game!

sand2snow22
01-02-2007, 01:46 AM

Yeah, that was awazing. I lived in Boise for a little while and I was cheering for them. I'm sure downtown Boise is crazy right now. I didn't think it was possible after they were down by 7 late in the game!!

Chief
01-02-2007, 06:16 AM

Great game! They showed they are worthy! Like I've been saying if you are undefeated, you should be in the hat for all the marbles! Playoff would be nice.

Chief
01-02-2007, 06:18 AM
Note to Michigan: Pass the ball beyond the line of scrimmage and run someone else. Damn you Michigan!

GO IRISH beat LSU!

Slinkyredfoot
01-02-2007, 07:34 AM
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the University of Michigan for participating in the Rose Bowl.:uglyhamme

Ric
01-02-2007, 08:37 AM
I would like to take this opportunity to thank the University of Michigan for participating in the Rose Bowl.:uglyhamme

yeesh, shortly after halftime I asked, who thinks that M should have played OSU again for the big one?

maybe M staff had the same hangover I had yesterday
if not, they do today!!!!!!

captain planet
01-02-2007, 08:43 AM
Gentlemen, a lot happened yesterday that I would like to add a few comments about. First things first, what a game by Boise State last night!!!!! Hands down one of the best college football games played in the last 15 years. What a gutsy performance by BSU. You have to hand it to thier coaching staff for having confidence in thier players and not just throwing in the towel after throwing a pick for TD in the final minute.

Next.....BIG 10 > sec. Penn state over Tennessee, Wisconsin over Arkansas.

GO BUCKEYES.

Did michigan play yesterday?? :D

Sodar
01-02-2007, 09:36 AM
PHEEEW!!!!
I was a little worried about the Rose Bowl, after coming off our loss against the GAYEST school in the nation (UCLA) but luckily my Trojans pulled through!! I am sooooooooooo over Booty through, the guy is horrible, he panics in the pocket and runs like a wimp!!! He needs to go back to Louisiana and let my boy Sanchez play! I can not wait for next year though, even if we lose our Juniors, we are gunna kick some butt!

Pete Carroll is my idol!!! Fight On!!!

BIGBADBLUE
01-02-2007, 09:50 AM
Over-Rated, Over-Rated, Over-Rated!!!!

The question is why does UM continue to get outcoached? Man, that drustrated me. They play to lose and not to win. arrrrggggggg

At least the Lions have the #2 pick. :)

captain planet
01-02-2007, 10:09 AM
PHEEEW!!!!
I was a little worried about the Rose Bowl, after coming off our loss against the GAYEST school in the nation (UCLA) but luckily my Trojans pulled through!! I am sooooooooooo over Booty through, the guy is horrible, he panics in the pocket and runs like a wimp!!! He needs to go back to Louisiana and let my boy Sanchez play! I can not wait for next year though, even if we lose our Juniors, we are gunna kick some butt!

Pete Carroll is my idol!!! Fight On!!!
As much as I can't stand USC, they are going to be tough next year. Carrol is a good coach.

André
01-02-2007, 10:28 AM
Ok now,i need some ? answered on college football bowl season.
Which bowl is really the Champonship game?
Is there a bowl for each section like South ,East...etc and can a team from the east play a team from the west in a bowl?
Are there playoffs after a the regular season to get to a bowl or just the win-loose in the season to decide who's playing wich bowl?
This is very confusing for my hockey mind brain...
Is next week "Tostitos Bowl"(lol) the biggest bowl?
How'bout tonite Orange Bowl,who should i cheer for?:D
Thanks.

TMCNo1
01-02-2007, 10:33 AM
Thanks.

Wake Forest tonight, I hope. Wake is from here in Winston Salem, NC and I guess I'll have to check in on the game once in a while to see how they are doing. It's only proper to pull for the home team, I guess!

trickskier
01-02-2007, 10:40 AM
Wake Forest tonight, I hope. Wake is from here in Winston Salem, NC and I guess I'll have to check in on the game once in a while to see how they are doing. It's only proper to pull for the home team, I guess!
Wake Forest for sure. QB Riley Skinner is from Jacksonville.

DemolitionMan
01-02-2007, 11:59 AM
Is big blue going to ask for a rematch against usc??

trickskier
01-02-2007, 12:00 PM
Is big blew going to ask for a rematch against usc??
Now that's funny!!! :uglyhamme

Sodar
01-02-2007, 12:03 PM

We will take 'em on any day!! ;)

captain planet
01-02-2007, 12:09 PM
I wonder if michael hart is saying "there isn't anything special about that defense" today? 8p Nice performance.

BIGBADBLUE
01-02-2007, 12:44 PM
No BBB will not ask for a rematch as UM was lucky to be that close based on the way they played. I will go lick my wounds and wait for next year. Go Blue!!!

But lets make sure we set the record straight on my 2 basic points I have said on this thread:

1 - UM was the 2nd best team - OUCH ... this was a bit off
2 - The BCS got it right when they picked the UF/OSU match up - Still believe this and still think that OSU will beat UF badly

I have not complained that the BCS got it wrong. My point was that they did not pick the #2 team in the nation and was a BIT off on that one.

(BBB back to sulking and hoping UM's basketball team might by a miracle make the NCAA Tourney)

BIGBADBLUE
01-02-2007, 12:52 PM
I think they got it right. On a neutral field the OSU/UM might have been different ... that is another argument. UF will get crushed by OSU and be very exposed. One thing is true ... the BCS did NOT pick the second best team they picked the best match-up which they should have done given the system

I think UM will struggle a lot with USC and the secondary will be exposed as well. UM always struggles against USC.

OK, OK ... I am done after this one until next year. I did have to show my thoughts back in early December. When does ski season start? I need a run ... badly!!!

trickskier
01-02-2007, 02:20 PM
I'm not one to kick someone when they're down. However, I think the GATORS will put up a better fight than UM did in the Doze Bowl.

east tx skier
01-02-2007, 11:03 PM
Ok now,i need some ? answered on college football bowl season.
Which bowl is really the Champonship game?
Is there a bowl for each section like South ,East...etc and can a team from the east play a team from the west in a bowl?
Are there playoffs after a the regular season to get to a bowl or just the win-loose in the season to decide who's playing wich bowl?
This is very confusing for my hockey mind brain...
Is next week "Tostitos Bowl"(lol) the biggest bowl?
Thanks.

The short answer is depends on the rankings. Most people will probably tell you that a playoff system would be much better than what we have now.

BIGBADBLUE
01-03-2007, 12:15 PM
Saban took the 'Bama job for 8 years at $4M per for a GUARANTEED $32M plus bowl bonuses up to $800K per year.

I gotta believe that 'bama football is in better hands now ... if only their alumni and boosters will stay the heck away.

captain planet
01-03-2007, 12:37 PM
Saban took the 'Bama job for 8 years at $4M per for a GUARANTEED $32M plus bowl bonuses up to $800K per year.

I gotta believe that 'bama football is in better hands now ... if only their alumni and boosters will stay the heck away.
Yea, Bama automatically becomes a contender but he seems like a quitter to me. He was only at Miami for 2 seasons and walks away when things don't go so well. Says a lot about him if his contract with Miami wasn't over.

Maristar210
01-03-2007, 12:50 PM
Yea, Bama automatically becomes a contender but he seems like a quitter to me. He was only at Miami for 2 seasons and walks away when things don't go so well. Says a lot about him if his contract with Miami wasn't over.

Quitter sums it up (hey I just agreed with CP)

Saban would sell his mother for the right amount of money. He left in the middle of the night from Michigan State and did the same to LSU. Shows his true moral character. The bear would not approve of his track record for tenure.

Look three years into the future:

Ring Ring. Nick Saban says "Hang on its my cell" "How much?" "What program?". He hangs up and says "Sorry money just called, I gotta go".

You cannot take money to your grave but peace of mind and integrity are eternal.

Yeah I said that ......:cool:

GO Irish !!!
Steve

shepherd
01-03-2007, 03:14 PM
You Buckeye fans may enjoy this column. Then again, maybe not... :rolleyes:

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/columnists/orl-gators0307jan03,0,4133557.column?coll=orl-dp-classifieds

"These are not the pleasant little Big Ten Badgers from Wisconsin or the cerebral Wolverines from Michigan.
The Buckeyes are big, dumb, nasty and now, frighteningly enough, they are fast.
Remember what the 1995 Cornhuskers did to us in the Fiesta Bowl?
Imagine if they also had the ability to throw a forward pass. It would have been like giving Sitting Bull assault rifles at Little Bighorn.
That's what we are up against with the 2006 Ohio State Buckeyes."

trickskier
01-03-2007, 03:22 PM
Wayne Huizenga told him to follow his heart......I believe he followed is WALLET!!!!
His wife said she didn't like the South Florida life style. So Tuscaloosa is going to be a paradise????

Chief
01-04-2007, 05:42 AM
That's it: Notre Dame is off the christmas card list. That fat bastard sucks I don't care what anyone says. Genius offensive mind my a$$! Charlie, the NY Giants need a coach, go go go!

Slinkyredfoot
01-04-2007, 07:12 AM
I believe Nick Saban is a better college coach that a pro coach. Some guys are better suited to college than pro, Saban is one, Holtz and Spurrier are two more.
Yea, he followed his heart and his wallet, can't blame a guy for that. I doubt he will ever get a chance to coach in the NFL agian.

Slinkyredfoot
01-04-2007, 07:15 AM
I would like to thank Notre Dame for flying to New Orleans and participating in the Allstate Sugar Bowl, nine in a row, that is fantastic.
Oh, and Charlie, nice decision to fake a punt on your first posession, the game was over after that.

captain planet
01-04-2007, 08:33 AM
Dear notre dame, Being a fan of THE Ohio State University I could care less what you do with your football program. But judging from your current string of bowl blowouts and just getting out-played every bowl game maybe it's time to do one of two things. Either join a conference so your true "power ranking" can be properly assessed, or stop scheduling teams like Navy, Air Force, Duke, and Stanford year in and year out. You got really crazy for 2008 and scheduled N. Carolina, Washington, S.D. State, and Pitt. But look out, Butch Davis will have one full season back in the saddle in N.C. before you come to town. You played two good teams this year and got slaughtered by them both. Come out of the closet already!!

Basically all I want is this, stop scheduling a cream-puff schedule so you end up with 9 or 10 wins. All this does is put you in a BCS game just to get blown out AGAIN by a REAL team that has played a REAL schedule and DESERVES to be there. Yea, you have a large following and bring in a lot of money, don't you think it is time you gave your fans a real sense of the caliber of team you are instead of committing fraud every year?

Captain

P.S. Good game LSU, sorry you had to play such a sub-par team in front of a national audience.

Maristar210
01-04-2007, 09:09 AM
Dear notre dame, Being a fan of THE Ohio State University I could care less what you do with your football program. But judging from your current string of bowl blowouts and just getting out-played every bowl game maybe it's time to do one of two things. Either join a conference so your true "power ranking" can be properly assessed, or stop scheduling teams like Navy, Air Force, Duke, and Stanford year in and year out. You got really crazy for 2008 and scheduled N. Carolina, Washington, S.D. State, and Pitt. But look out, Butch Davis will have one full season back in the saddle in N.C. before you come to town. You played two good teams this year and got slaughtered by them both. Come out of the closet already!!

Basically all I want is this, stop scheduling a cream-puff schedule so you end up with 9 or 10 wins. All this does is put you in a BCS game just to get blown out AGAIN by a REAL team that has played a REAL schedule and DESERVES to be there. Yea, you have a large following and bring in a lot of money, don't you think it is time you gave your fans a real sense of the caliber of team you are instead of committing fraud every year?

Captain

P.S. Good game LSU, sorry you had to play such a sub-par team in front of a national audience.

Spoken like a true ________. I'm afraid you are right...

Oh and Charlie.... Who the hell goes for a fake punt on your first possession inside your own 30? Dumb call Charlie.....

BIGBADBLUE
01-04-2007, 09:47 AM
ESPN summed the 9 in a row streak really well ... "ND is always overrated because of their strong following and this puts them in games that are over their heads." Rutgers should have played LSU not ND. ND will cash that big check and go home with a smile.

Rumor has it that ND will add a Central Florida to their schedule for 2007/08 to make it tougher. :) The sad part of that comment is that CF would make their schedule tougher.

trickskier
01-04-2007, 10:02 AM
That's it: Notre Dame is off the christmas card list. That fat bastard sucks I don't care what anyone says. Genius offensive mind my a$$! Charlie, the NY Giants need a coach, go go go!

I thought the Irish was going to give them a run when they tied it up. But, Russell was ON last night. I thing for sure ND will miss Brady Quinn. I hope the Dolphins draft him.

trickskier
01-04-2007, 10:14 AM
ESPN summed the 9 in a row streak really well ... "ND is always overrated because of their strong following and this puts them in games that are over their heads."

They have also lost 17 straight games against opponents ranked in the top 10. They have not beaten a top 10 team since Lou Holtz left.

kycat2007
01-04-2007, 10:19 AM
I went to see a ND game this year and can tell you that they are not that good. The BCS is going to be reworked and hopefully this love affair with them will be addressed. I would have rather seen UL play LSU. I would have enjoyed LSU put a hurt on the Cards.:D

captain planet
01-04-2007, 10:33 AM
2007 Notre Dame Football Schedule

Sept. 1 GEORGIA TECH
Sept. 8 at Penn State
Sept. 15 at Michigan
Sept. 22 MICHIGAN STATE
Sept. 29 at Purdue
Oct. 6 at UCLA
Oct. 13 BOSTON COLLEGE
Oct. 20 USC
Nov. 3 NAVY
Nov. 10 AIR FORCE
Nov. 17 DUKE
Nov. 24 at Stanford

2008 Notre Dame Football Schedule
Sept. 6 SAN DIEGO STATE
Sept. 13 MICHIGAN
Sept. 20 at Michigan State
Sept. 27 PURDUE
Oct. 4 STANFORD
Oct. 11 at North Carolina
Oct. 18 Open Date
Oct. 25 at Washington
Nov. 1 PITTSBURGH
Nov. 8 at Boston College
Nov. 15 at Navy (Baltimore)
Nov. 22 SYRACUSE
Nov. 29 at USC

I have highlighted the "padding" games on their schedules for the next two years. That Nov. 3 through 24 stint in 07 is a real test!

I guess Pitt isn't fair, their program is getting better.

kycat2007
01-04-2007, 10:50 AM

Sept. 1 GEORGIA TECH
Sept. 8 at Penn State
Sept. 15 at Michigan
Sept. 22 MICHIGAN STATE
Sept. 29 at Purdue
Oct. 6 at UCLA
Oct. 13 BOSTON COLLEGE
Oct. 20 USC
Nov. 3 NAVY
Nov. 10 AIR FORCE
Nov. 17 DUKE
Nov. 24 at Stanford

2008 Notre Dame Football Schedule
Sept. 6 SAN DIEGO STATE
Sept. 13 MICHIGAN
Sept. 20 at Michigan State
Sept. 27 PURDUE
Oct. 4 STANFORD
Oct. 11 at North Carolina
Oct. 18 Open Date
Oct. 25 at Washington
Nov. 1 PITTSBURGH
Nov. 8 at Boston College
Nov. 15 at Navy (Baltimore)
Nov. 22 SYRACUSE
Nov. 29 at USC

I have highlighted the "padding" games on their schedules for the next two years. That Nov. 3 through 24 stint in 07 is a real test!

Most teams have some fluff in the schedule. I know that SEC teams have to have a break from the tough conference schedule. I found it interesting to look at the coaches in the SEC. Saben, Spurrier, and Fulmer all have shampionships under them. When you look at the other coaches in the league, Mark R. at Georgia has two SEC titles, Nutt at Arkansas and Tupperville at Auburn have both shown good coaching ability. Les Miles at LSU is doing quite well too. Just the coaching in this league makes it tough to advance in the league. My Cats have a tough road ahead.

BIGBADBLUE
01-04-2007, 10:54 AM
They have also lost 17 straight games against opponents ranked in the top 10. They have not beaten a top 10 team since Lou Holtz left.

... and to think I wzas getting depressed that UM struggles in the big game. I would still take Weis over Carr.

captain planet
01-04-2007, 11:14 AM
... and to think I wzas getting depressed that UM struggles in the big game. I would still take Weis over Carr.
I hate to say this, but carr almost = Cooper.

shepherd
01-04-2007, 11:35 AM

Sept. 1 GEORGIA TECH
Sept. 8 at Penn State
Sept. 15 at Michigan
Sept. 22 MICHIGAN STATE
Sept. 29 at Purdue
Oct. 6 at UCLA
Oct. 13 BOSTON COLLEGE
Oct. 20 USC
Nov. 3 NAVY
Nov. 10 AIR FORCE
Nov. 17 DUKE
Nov. 24 at Stanford

I guess Pitt isn't fair, their program is getting better.

Hmmm. I see 4 "pad" games for ND in 2007. Just to be fair, here's Ohio State's schedule. Like those nice warm-up games in September? And ND has to play Michigan AND USC that year.

09/01/2007 Youngstown State
09/08/2007 Akron
09/15/2007 at Washington
09/22/2007 Northwestern
09/29/2007 at Minnesota
10/06/2007 at Purdue
10/13/2007 Kent State
10/20/2007 Michigan State
10/27/2007 at Penn State
11/03/2007 Wisconsin
11/10/2007 Illinois
11/17/2007 at Michigan

Ric
01-04-2007, 11:39 AM
not being a hater, but what is the love affair the media has with Notre Dame?

east tx skier
01-04-2007, 11:50 AM
Hmmm. I see 4 "pad" games for ND in 2007. Just to be fair, here's Ohio State's schedule. Like those nice warm-up games in September? And ND has to play Michigan AND USC that year.

Makes me sad that I won't see a Texas/OSU game this year. I liked having an early indicator of what to expect for the rest of the season. You win, it's going to be a great one. You lose, and it wasn't meant to be that year. Hope to see the match up again some day.

trickskier
01-04-2007, 11:56 AM

09/01/2007 Youngstown State
09/08/2007 Akron
09/15/2007 at Washington
09/22/2007 Northwestern
09/29/2007 at Minnesota
10/06/2007 at Purdue
10/13/2007 Kent State
10/20/2007 Michigan State
10/27/2007 at Penn State
11/03/2007 Wisconsin
11/10/2007 Illinois
11/17/2007 at Michigan

I SEE A LOT MORE THAN 4 !!!!!!!

captain planet
01-04-2007, 12:05 PM
not being a hater, but what is the love affair the media has with Notre Dame?
notre lame plays EVERY sat. on NBC and they have a huge following so there is A LOT of money to be made off of them.

Ric
01-04-2007, 12:08 PM
notre lame plays EVERY sat. on NBC and they have a huge following so there is A LOT of money to be made off of them.
well I know that and it only adds to my question of why? Rudy?Catholics? Neither of those things would have these mealy mouthed sportscasters as gushy as they were at halftime, nor in other broadcasts. what causes the following?

captain planet
01-04-2007, 12:08 PM
I SEE A LOT MORE THAN 4 !!!!!!!
Funny, I see four, three of which are games played against fellow OHIO schools to keep the money in OHIO. Akron, Kent, and YSU all get HUGE pay-days for playing OSU. We used to play Cincinnati a lot, again to keep the money in OHIO. The BIG 10 schedule cannot be considered "pad" games. Say what you want, but the BIG 10 beat the SEC in both bowl games they played against each other, and will win another on Monday night to go 3-0. :D 8p

Ric
01-04-2007, 12:12 PM
ya know what we need? wee need africken poll. who gave the poll boy permission to elope and leave the polling to us?

unscientific as it may be, take a poll of the top 3 teams in each d1 college conference division simply based on "who's your favorite team" then add notre dame to the poll too and see percentage wise how it comes out?

I just wanna know what the fascination is

captain planet
01-04-2007, 12:13 PM
well I know that and it only adds to my question of why? Rudy?Catholics? Neither of those things would have these mealy mouthed sportscasters as gushy as they were at halftime, nor in other broadcasts. what causes the following?
Religion and money. They are the "chosen" school, therefore everyone gets a warm and fuzzy feeling rooting for them. It's like when you say you don't root for notre lame, everyone asks, "why"?

Ric
01-04-2007, 12:14 PM
uhhh "Because I like LSU better" ?

Maristar210
01-04-2007, 12:28 PM

Catholics.....

Like me there are quite a number of them. Makes them a natioanl team instantly.

Ric
01-04-2007, 12:33 PM
Catholics.....

Like me there are quite a number of them. Makes them a natioanl team instantly. I can believe that, so the chameleons in the media are following the money as captain mentioned, while mostly secular, they give love to the team with the most fans or followers?
It completely makes sense that it's why ND makes their own tv deals but the media? hmmmm
Maybe there are more USC fans that Texas fans because last year the announcers of the National Championship game were gushing over USC, then finally turned it into the Vince Young show about 7 minutes from the end.

Maristar210
01-04-2007, 12:34 PM
Slightly off topic.

I sold some Cubs tix a fews years back on e-bay and unknowingly sold this pair to an employee of ND. He worked in the planning department or something. Anyway he asked if I had any interest in his season tickets since he always sits in the press box anyway. I said yeah right and he said no really 2 seats 7 rows up in the end zone, pay me face and thier yours. I jumped on this like a hooker on a glass pipe. I purcashed these tickets for two years until he learned I never went to a single game and sold every pair of tix on e-Bay. He came down from the press box to say hello and the people in the seats said no they bought them on e-bay. Good while it lasted. I turned $600 into several thousand for a couple of years anyway....

Point being. The following for this University is immeasurable and I have the sold ticket prices to prove it.;)

Ric
01-04-2007, 12:40 PM
Slightly off topic.

I sold some Cubs tix a fews years back on e-bay and unknowingly sold this pair to an employee of ND. He worked in the planning department or something. Anyway he asked if I had any interest in his season tickets since he always sits in the press box anyway. I said yeah right and he said no really 2 seats 7 rows up in the end zone, pay me face and thier yours. I jumped on this like a hooker on a glass pipe. I purcashed these tickets for two years until he learned I never went to a single game and sold every pair of tix on e-Bay. He came down from the press box to say hello and the people in the seats said no they bought them on e-bay. Good while it lasted. I turned $600 into several thousand for a couple of years anyway....

Point being. The following for this University is immeasurable and I have the sold ticket prices to prove it.;) Entrepeneural Spirit!

captain planet
01-04-2007, 01:31 PM
Catholics.....

Like me there are quite a number of them. Makes them a natioanl team instantly.
Are there really that many Catholics? I always thought there more christians.

trickskier
01-04-2007, 01:40 PM
Good while it lasted. I turned $600 into several thousand for a couple of years anyway....

Point being. The following for this University is immeasurable and I have the sold ticket prices to prove it.;)

Good job Steve.......:D

captain planet
01-04-2007, 01:43 PM
Slightly off topic.

Good while it lasted. I turned $600 into several thousand for a couple of years anyway....

So, was the guy pi$$ed?

BIGBADBLUE
01-04-2007, 02:04 PM
Are there really that many Catholics? I always thought there more christians.

Now I am not a Catholic .... but .... Catholics are Christians. Sorry ... just had to point that out to a OSU fan. Anyone know when baseball season starts? Go Tigers!!!

Ric
01-04-2007, 02:12 PM
Now I am not a Catholic .... but .... Catholics are Christians. Sorry ... just had to point that out to a OSU fan. Anyone know when baseball season starts? Go Tigers!!! funniest post of the day! WINNER

trickskier
01-04-2007, 02:23 PM
The BIG 10 schedule cannot be considered "pad" games. Say what you want, but the BIG 10 beat the SEC in both bowl games they played against each other, and will win another on Monday night to go 3-0.
Sure I can consider the Big 10 "Pad" games. They had 7 out of of 11 teams bowl eligible and have only won 2 out of 6 games so far. On the other hand the SEC had 9 out of 12 teams bowl eligible and have won 5 out of 8 games. The GATORS will make it 6 out of 9 Monday night :woohoo: :woohoo:
GO GATORS!!! :woohoo:

trickskier
01-04-2007, 02:34 PM
Click here for the Countdown........

http://www.news4jax.com/countdowntothechampionship/index.html

Maristar210
01-04-2007, 02:39 PM
So, was the guy pi$$ed?

Pissed? I don't know he wouldn't return my calls....

captain planet
01-04-2007, 05:10 PM
Now I am not a Catholic .... but .... Catholics are Christians. Sorry ... just had to point that out to a OSU fan. Anyone know when baseball season starts? Go Tigers!!!
Well, I am a catholic, well I was, and I can tell you there is a difference between catholics and christians. Not only that, but the number of christian churches has doubled in size and number where I live compared to the catholic churches.

So at face value, your post is funny I admit, however if you've ever been a catholic you would know there is a difference. Just had to point that out to a michigan fan. ;)

Ric
01-04-2007, 05:21 PM
Well, I am a catholic, well I was, and I can tell you there is a difference between catholics and christians. Not only that, but the number of christian churches has doubled in size and number where I live compared to the catholic churches.

So at face value, your post is funny I admit, however if you've ever been a catholic you would know there is a difference. Just had to point that out to a michigan fan. ;) point it out the difference to me ...

duvall
01-04-2007, 05:46 PM
How About Them Dawgs

André
01-04-2007, 07:11 PM
Sammy ,is that you?;)
Welcome to the board!

trickskier
01-04-2007, 07:51 PM
How About Them Dawgs
Isn't that what you georgia fans say when your cheerleaders take the field??:uglyhamme :woohoo:

Slinkyredfoot
01-05-2007, 07:38 AM

So at face value, your post is funny I admit, however if you've ever been a catholic you would know there is a difference. Just had to point that out to a michigan fan. ;)

I am catholic also and I will tell you another difference between catholics and christians....show me four catholics and I will show you a 5th...:D :toast:

Maristar210
01-05-2007, 07:43 AM
I am catholic also and I will tell you another difference between catholics and christians....show me four catholics and I will show you a 5th...:D :toast:

That's one difference there Ric.

Let's not go religion in the Football thread. Google it instead

WhatchYATHINK?

Steve

captain planet
01-05-2007, 08:23 AM
Let's not go religion in the Football thread. Google it instead

I agree 100000%

trickskier
01-05-2007, 09:09 AM
This should get it back on TRACK
GO GATORS!!!

BIGBADBLUE
01-08-2007, 10:03 AM
Been very quiet from the UF and OSU fans lately ... everyone getting a bit nervous I suppose. I still think UF will lay an egg, but looking back at the Rose bowl I have been humbled before.

trickskier
01-08-2007, 10:42 AM
I'm here......The countdown is ON.......9 Hours until GAME TIME!!!

http://www.news4jax.com/countdowntothechampionship/index.html

Maristar210
01-08-2007, 12:05 PM
After reviewing Keith Urban's (might as well have been) play calling in the last few games of the year I am suspect to ability of UF to hang with OSU, especially OSU's defensive speed. I hate to say it but I might have to reverse my wager. Anyone think UF scores three touchdowns here tonight besides Mr. Cutty and water himself?

Steve

Maristar210
01-08-2007, 12:37 PM
Bobby Petrino -

Just took a head coach job with the Atlanta Flacons.

WOW

Bet the Louisville Cardinals are pissed off....

KnoxX2
01-08-2007, 12:51 PM
I think the Gators will win by 7 in the last 2 min. Ohio is like Michigan they'll CHOKE........................................

captain planet
01-08-2007, 01:16 PM
T-minus 6 hours 40 minutes and counting.

Hey Tricky, Troy Smith wears about a size 13 or 14. Just so you get the correct size gator boots ready for him after the game tonight.

trickskier
01-08-2007, 01:21 PM
Anyone think UF scores three touchdowns here tonight besides Mr. Cutty and water himself?

Steve

LOL....So am I going to have to change my screen name to Cutty????

trickskier
01-08-2007, 01:23 PM
T-minus 6 hours 40 minutes and counting.

Hey Tricky, Troy Smith wears about a size 13 or 14. Just so you get the correct size gator boots ready for him after the game tonight.

He'll be smothered in GATORS tonight.

trickskier
01-08-2007, 01:29 PM
Predictions for tonights game anyone??? Mine is: Gators 21 Osu 17. If the Gators win I'll be here all by myself. If they lose, pass the crow.....Won't be the fist time and probably not the last.........:D

captain planet
01-08-2007, 01:37 PM
Predictions for tonights game anyone??? Mine is: Gators 21 Osu 17. If the Gators win I'll be here all by myself. If they lose, pass the crow.....Won't be the fist time and probably not the last.........:D
OSU - 34, UF - 20

GO BUCKS!!!!!

KnoxX2
01-08-2007, 01:43 PM
Gators 28 OSU 21 and I bet we block a few kicks tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Trick you will not be alone tonight. There will be a few Gator Fans here........But the OSU fans will be deathly quiet.

captain planet
01-08-2007, 01:53 PM
Gators 28 OSU 21 and I bet we block a few kicks tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Trick you will not be alone tonight. There will be a few Gator Fans here........But the OSU fans will be deathly quiet.
Sorry, but we're not South Carolina, it will take a lot more than a blocked FG to beat us.

KnoxX2
01-08-2007, 02:02 PM
:D Captain you are right..................South Carolina is much better. JK:D

Maristar210
01-08-2007, 02:03 PM
You OSU guys are arrogant. I hope that comes back to bite you8p 8p 8p 8p

captain planet
01-08-2007, 02:09 PM
LOL. It should be a good game. I haven't seen one single UF game this year so I don't have a feel for them. This match up is really similar to OSU vs. Miami in 2002. Kind of scary, but we should win this game.

captain planet
01-08-2007, 02:09 PM
LOL. It should be a good game. I haven't seen one single UF game this year so I don't have a feel for them. This match up is really similar to OSU vs. Miami in 2002. Kind of scary, but we should win this game.

I would go on, but I wouldn't want to be accused of being arrogant. :rolleyes:

trickskier
01-08-2007, 02:12 PM

Love that one!!! :uglyhamme

KnoxX2
01-08-2007, 02:16 PM
Good Luck to all the OSU fans out there. It will be a great game.....
I am just having a hard time Concentrating at work today.....................6 weeks is way to long to wait for this game

trickskier
01-08-2007, 02:53 PM

I would go on, but I wouldn't want to be accused of being arrogant. :rolleyes:

Just keep in mind that the GATORS beat some very good "RANKED" opponents to get here. They didn't blow anyone out but they found a way to win.

Awe go ahead and be arrogant. I'm what's known as a L.O.G (Loud Obnoxious GATOR) :D

KnoxX2
01-08-2007, 03:10 PM
Where is everyone watching the Big Game tonight?

trickskier
01-08-2007, 03:16 PM
Where is everyone watching the Big Game tonight?
At home, plenty of food & Cutty........:D

shepherd
01-08-2007, 03:57 PM
Shoot, who do I root for? Being a Michigan fan and Florida resident it's hard to pull for OSU. But being a Michigan fan shouldn't I root for the Big 10 team?

Either way, I'm thinking: OSU 34, UF 17.

captain planet
01-08-2007, 04:52 PM
Well guys, its all over but the shouting. I'm outta here :steering: to go home and get ready for the game.

Good luck Buckeyes.

Chief
01-08-2007, 06:11 PM
[quote=KnoxX2]:D Captain you are right..................South Carolina is much better.

Concur! Just need a kicker that can get more loft!

atlfootr
01-08-2007, 06:20 PM
At home, plenty of food & Cutty........:DLet me know, if you got "it" :confused:

Chief
01-08-2007, 06:34 PM
At home, plenty of food & Cutty........:D

What a party? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?

trickskier
01-08-2007, 06:45 PM
Let me know, if you got "it" :confused:
Didn't come today

trickskier
01-08-2007, 06:47 PM
What a party? HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?
Gotta be in Emporia, VA by 3:30 tomorrow afternoon for a Board of Directors meeting. Boss is a hunter doesn't follow football that much. 8p

Chief
01-08-2007, 06:50 PM
Gotta be in Emporia, VA by 3:30 tomorrow afternoon for a Board of Directors meeting. Boss is a hunter doesn't follow football that much. 8p

That's plenty of time to sober up. All you will need is a couple of bloody mary's when you get on the plane. That will get the wheels off the ground and then you are in the clear! :) :) :)

trickskier
01-08-2007, 06:53 PM
One Last time for LUCK
GO GATORS!!!
http://floridagatorz.tripod.com/

trickskier
01-08-2007, 06:55 PM
That's plenty of time to sober up. All you will need is a couple of bloody mary's when you get on the plane. That will get the wheels off the ground and then you are in the clear! :) :) :)
Not flying this time driving. Emporia, Washimgton DC, Charlotte, NC in three days!

Chief
01-08-2007, 06:59 PM
Not flying this time driving. Emporia, Washimgton DC, Charlotte, NC in three days!

I think you told me that and I forgot.

P-hat_in_Cincy
01-08-2007, 07:08 PM
One Last time for LUCK
GO GATORS!!!

Since you are done...

GO BUCKEYES!!!

Enjoy the game and see you on the other side!

Footin
01-08-2007, 07:28 PM
My prediction: we will be behind at the half then win by 15.

OSU is a 3rd quarter team.

THEY CAN"T STOP GINN!

Footin
01-08-2007, 07:35 PM
Buckeyes Are On A Gator Hunt.

Mikey
01-08-2007, 09:24 PM
It looks to me like the Gators are out picking buckeyes.

Chief
01-08-2007, 10:18 PM
Oh the Notre Dame haters are going to eat crow.

east tx skier
01-08-2007, 10:19 PM
To be honest, not really the game I expected so far. Just one half down. Anything can happen in the last 6 minutes 7 seconds of a football game. :)

/Hook em.

trickskier
01-08-2007, 10:29 PM
Hook em.

HOOK EM???? WRONG GAME EASTIE........CHOMP CHOMP CHOMP!!!

east tx skier
01-08-2007, 10:32 PM
And here I was about to say go gators. :)

Neither of you have won it just yet. Until one of these teams takes the crown, I'm going to revel in last year's Rose Bowl just a little longer. Now go get 'em! Or, uh, stand whereever it is you have been standing during the last two quarters of play.

/supersticious

KnoxX2
01-08-2007, 11:46 PM
Go Gators!!!
Where are all those OSU fans that were here earlier???????
I guess all there nuts were CRUSHED in the first half!!!!

UF 100 Years of football!!

KnoxX2
01-08-2007, 11:47 PM
How about it Trick!!!

I told you that you would not be the only one here tonight!!!!!

GO GATORS!!!!!!

KnoxX2
01-08-2007, 11:57 PM
WE DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now all you OSU fans can eat CROW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!