PDA

View Full Version : Official: "Its College Football Season" Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

trickskier
11-16-2006, 10:43 AM
This is great data Trick. Well done!!! You are making an asumption that college football actually makes sense. Bad assumption.

I will throw in my 2 cents ... Living in SEC country, I do believe ever since Woodson won the Heisman and Auburn got the $crew when they went undefeat that the SEC has a bit of a complex. The "We beat each other up" story is getting stale. Get over it and win the games on your schedule. My opinion is that Florida and LSU look very good and are the real deal. TN, Ark and Auburn are way overrated and just pretenders.

Hey, you, Maristar, CP, & P-hat, were having way too much fun! So, I thought I would throw the Gators into the mix. There's only about six of us left posting to this thread.......And I'm the token Gator!

I'm pulling for Michigan because I want the Gators to have another shot at them after loosing in the Outback Bowl in 2003........This of course "IF" the Gators win out.......

Maristar210
11-16-2006, 11:33 AM
Other than OSU and my Meeechigan

I would be scared as hell of Arkansas. Tough looking team. Any team in the country would have thier hands full with. IMO

Hottest team wins. Those Razorbacks are a smokin;

Looks like they'll NUTT up for a win.

I crack me up.....:D

phecksel
11-16-2006, 11:41 AM
There was a discussion in the Detroit paper, what iffing

There is a chance if OSU loses by a slim margin, these two teams might see each other for the national championship. If MI loses, they would go on to the rose bowl(?).

Funny, how Bo, got smart went to a good school :)

Local news interviewed an OSU "freak" {LOL} at UoM yesterday. He attends MI, because it's a better school, but still loves his OSU...

More UoM players are from OSU land then OSU players from MI land.

The hype leading up to this game is exceptionally great, because of the strong rivalry, and both teams are playing great.

GO BLUE

trickskier
11-16-2006, 02:36 PM
SO WHERE IS CAPTAIN PLANET TODAY? GUARDING THE JUKEBOX?

captain planet
11-16-2006, 02:39 PM
SO WHERE IS CAPTAIN PLANET TODAY? GUARDING THE JUKEBOX?
Just got back to the office today and was reading that rediculous post of yours regarding the florida gack-tors. see next post.

trickskier
11-16-2006, 02:43 PM
Just got back to the office today and was reading that rediculous post of yours regarding the florida gack-tors. see next post.

I've been waiting for your response.....The suspense is KILLING ME.... :uglyhamme

captain planet
11-16-2006, 02:51 PM
NOT SO FAST CP

This Guy is either a complete MORON or a SHUT-IN. Biggest regular season game in the history of the sport? Not only have they beaten the best two teams all year, there isn't anyone else deserving to be in the picture? ................................

.........Then there are a lot of quality 1 loss teams that deserve their shot at going to the BIG GAME.

FLORIDA controls their own destiny. If they win out the deserve a shot at the winner of this weekends OSU & UM game. Can the Gators win it all? That will be determined on the field, and why the play the game.

First Tricky...look at who posted that.....P-hat not me8p . Next When Ohio State goes on to beat meatchicken this weekend and then goes on to play and beat the next #2 team, THAT WILL BE 3 #2's that will have to fallen to THE Ohio State University coached by THE Jim Tressel. After that happens and the 3rd #2 team was either USC or ND because they will be seen by the BCS to bring in more money for the game, you'll be what iffing this and what iffing that. Fact is, the SEC is good, but not the best. You actually put Georgia in your last argument, HA, I scoff at your comment. Georgia got beat by Vandy! Doesnt' Vandy play about 7 homecomming games each year?

We beat the #2 team....no no wait, we SPANKED the #2 team at their house, we beyotch spapped the #13 team AT THEIR HOUSE, and we beat Penn St. Everyone else we have played (besides the sleepwalk at Illinios) we have SPANKED. Florida got lucky on special teams to SQUEAK by the Gamecocks! No comparison. Hate to say it Tricky, but ND OR USC will be playing in Tempe this year. Probably ND, USC has a tough road ahead.

Maristar210
11-16-2006, 02:54 PM
First Tricky...look at who posted that.....P-hat not me8p . Next When Ohio State goes on to beat meatchicken this weekend and then goes on to play and beat the next #2 team, THAT WILL BE 3 #2's that will have to fallen to THE Ohio State University coached by THE Jim Tressel. After that happens and the 3rd #2 team was either USC or ND because they will be seen by the BCS to bring in more money for the game, you'll be what iffing this and what iffing that. Fact is, the SEC is good, but not the best. You actually put Georgia in your last argument, HA, I scoff at your comment. Georgia got beat by Vandy! Doesnt' Vandy play about 7 homecomming games each year?

We beat the #2 team....no no wait, we SPANKED the #2 team at their house, we beyotch spapped the #13 team AT THEIR HOUSE, and we beat Penn St. Everyone else we have played (besides the sleepwalk at Illinios) we have SPANKED. Florida got lucky on special teams to SQUEAK by the Gamecocks! No comparison. Hate to say it Tricky, but ND OR USC will be playing in Tempe this year. Probably ND, USC has a tough road ahead.

Now I get your user ID !!!

What planet are you from? Captain Planet???

GO BLUE

OhioProstar
11-16-2006, 03:03 PM
Look the only thing anyone can guarantee this weekend is that a riot will break on in Columbus this weekend. The only question is will it go further than Hiney Gate and will the cops use tear gas.

trickskier
11-16-2006, 04:11 PM

Must of had TOO much Cutty when I wrote this reply last night. Sorry, for some reason I thought it was your post.

However, the fact remains that Ohio State has only played 3 teams with winning records. I'm not saying they don't deserve to be number 1, but who have they played that has been a real test? Are they that good or are the other teams that bad? While you may scoff at Georgia for getting beat by Vandy, Georgia did demolish a very good #5 Auburn team last week and has a winning record of 7-4. And didn't you guys just squeak by a 2-9 Illinois team 2 weeks ago?

Of the 10 teams that Florida has played so far, 7 are currently bowl eligible. South Carolina & Florida State only need to win 1 more game and they will be bowl eligible. So 9 out of 12 teams Florida has or will play could be bowl eligible.

In contrast, only 3 of the teams that OSU has played are currently bowl eligible. Looking at the other teams schedules, realistically only 2 might become bowl eligible. So best case scenario only 5 of the 12 teams that OSU has played may become bowl eligible.

The only "What if" scenario I'm giving is if Florida wins out. Most of the sports broadcasters on ESPN agree that Florida is the best 1 loss team and they have a vote. The fact that Florida plays a 13th game for the SEC Championship will determine if they get a chance at the National Championship Game.

I know OSU is currently favored by 7 over UM, but watch out for the underdog, they can bite you....

BTW.....My comments were really more about the sports writer calling this the biggest game in the history of the sport. It's a big game but it is not the biggest game in the history of the sport.

Last comment: GO BLUE!!! Sorry about that!

BIGBADBLUE
11-16-2006, 04:19 PM
UM is taking extra Police with them to not only protect the team but the tailgaters ... kinda says something about the OSU fans. Now I understand the low admission standards. Average OSU student is just not that smart.

captain planet
11-16-2006, 04:21 PM
[QUOTE=trickskier]Must of had TOO much Cutty when I wrote this reply last night. Sorry, for some reason I thought it was your post.

QUOTE]
No problem Tricky, just having some fun with you. Honestly, I think that Florida, provided they win out, is the best 1 loss team out there. meatchicken isn't even as good as Florida. How scUM is .002 points behind OSU in the BCS is baffling to me. They squeaked by most games and almost lost to a MAC team! What a joke! I just like to give people in the SEC some crap because they all think the SEC is the conference by which all other conferences should be judged. Fact is, the cream of the crop in each conference only plays a few teams with winning records because they all have to play each other, the Big east aside. That conference should just be absorbed by the ACC and Conference USA for football. What a joke.

captain planet
11-16-2006, 04:25 PM
UM is taking extra Police with them to not only protect the team but the tailgaters ... kinda says something about the OSU fans. Now I understand the low admission standards. Average OSU student is just not that smart.
BBB, OSU takes cops with them to "the big house" when they go there as well. Doesn't mean anything. We throw beer and whisky bottles, you guys throw saki cups. ;)

Maristar210
11-16-2006, 04:26 PM
[QUOTE=trickskier]Must of had TOO much Cutty when I wrote this reply last night. Sorry, for some reason I thought it was your post.

QUOTE]
No problem Tricky, just having some fun with you. Honestly, I think that Florida, provided they win out, is the best 1 loss team out there. meatchicken isn't even as good as Florida. How scUM is .002 points behind OSU in the BCS is baffling to me. They squeaked by most games and almost lost to a MAC team! What a joke! I just like to give people in the SEC some crap because they all think the SEC is the conference by which all other conferences should be judged. Fact is, the cream of the crop in each conference only plays a few teams with winning records because they all have to play each other, the Big east aside. That conference should just be absorbed by the ACC and Conference USA for football. What a joke.

CP -

Yeah I agree the BCS does not know what they are doing.

Michigan should be ahead of OSU in the standings8p 8p

Good Luck anyways....

trickskier
11-16-2006, 04:29 PM
No problem Tricky, just having some fun with you.

Hey CP,
It's all in fun. You guy's were just having too much fun going back and forth so I had to jump in.

captain planet
11-16-2006, 04:34 PM
Hey CP,
It's all in fun. You guy's were just having too much fun going back and forth so I had to jump in.
I'm having fun. I think BBB and Maristar are holding their breath. They know they are in trouble this week. Let's see, when meatchicken looses, they will be playing..........................Boise State. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Why even play the game? Good season Mr. Carrrrr, your next opponent BOISE STATE! HAHAHAHA.

BIGBADBLUE
11-16-2006, 05:20 PM
BBB, OSU takes cops with them to "the big house" when they go there as well. Doesn't mean anything. We throw beer and whisky bottles, you guys throw saki cups. ;)

NOT SO FAST ...

Actually UM treats their opponents with much more respect than OSU or UF. It is also not as good of an atmosphere I must admit. Read the Plain Dealer this morning about how the OSU fans are treated in Ann Arbor vs UM fan in Columbus. I hate to keep harping but it has got to be the whole admissions standard thing. :) :) :)

BIGBADBLUE
11-16-2006, 05:24 PM
I'm having fun. I think BBB and Maristar are holding their breath. They know they are in trouble this week. Let's see, when meatchicken looses, they will be playing..........................Boise State. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Why even play the game? Good season Mr. Carrrrr, your next opponent BOISE STATE! HAHAHAHA.

I LOVE THIS!!!!

Holding my breath? Ahhhh ....... no!!! The only time I hold my breath is when this fat boy is getting up on the VTX. OSU in for a BIG surprise on Saturday when we roll in YOUR house. ROLL!!!!

Go Blue

trickskier
11-16-2006, 08:45 PM
NOT SO FAST ...

Actually UM treats their opponents with much more respect than OSU or UF. :) :) :)

Hey, we've had a bad rap ever since the student section had that incident with the TN players......

OhioProstar
11-17-2006, 08:17 AM
NOT SO FAST ...
I hate to keep harping but it has got to be the whole admissions standard thing. :) :) :)

BBB I thought most UM fans were band wagon flunkies from trailer parks.;) I have been to both stadiums and the Shoe is much tougher on the other teams fans....even Spartans fans who rarely pose a threat.

BIGBADBLUE
11-17-2006, 08:32 AM
OP - While we are talking football you should probable not interject. When is the last time you guys actually played a game that people without wheels on there houses cared about. Oh, wait ... that can be said about OSU fans also. As I said in my post UM is too quiet and there are much better atmoshperes to play.

If you really look at your statement then you would realize the error of yout thought process. MSU much more of a "Blue Collar " school by their own admission. If you play that thought process out then MSU would have MANY more people that live in house with wheels, hence, your statement is wrong and you should stick to hoops. MSU looks good so far in hoops, they made the finals this week. UM wiill struggle again in hoops ... I feel like a Lions fan ... there is always next year.

OhioProstar
11-17-2006, 08:45 AM
BBB - You are confusing those who graduate (your rational is correct) from with those who cheer for a team. I would argue that people with no connection to a team (BandWagon Fans) that pull for that team do so based on winning percentage. If Dooker were to have a choice to pull for the MSU vs. UM...he/she is more likely to pick Michigan as they are a LOT easier to pull for in football since they can hoist their PBRs high with every win. I have found that regardless the team you really have to be a fan to pull for a losing horse year in and out. I would also venture to say that most fans that cause trouble at big games do not have tickets to the game..they just go up to tailgate.

trickskier
11-17-2006, 08:56 AM
:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

captain planet
11-17-2006, 09:07 AM
NOT SO FAST ...

Actually UM treats their opponents with much more respect than OSU or UF. It is also not as good of an atmosphere I must admit. Read the Plain Dealer this morning about how the OSU fans are treated in Ann Arbor vs UM fan in Columbus. I hate to keep harping but it has got to be the whole admissions standard thing. :) :) :)
Ok, so that must have been imaginary spit that was landing on my friends sister and brother in law when they were at the OSU vs. meatchicken in ann arbor? Nice fans, this works both ways. If you think that your fans don't do the same things your living in an imaginary world.

O - H - I - O

BIGBADBLUE
11-17-2006, 09:14 AM
OP - I have to disagree with you on this one. My view is people from Michigan pick a school to root for early in their life based on their family and other influences. If you were to look at the entire fan base of UM and MSU the socio-economic scale is much higher on the UM side. Do I have this data ... Naaaaa ... it just fits my current post!!!! :) :) :)

Maristar210
11-17-2006, 09:16 AM
[QUOTE=captain planet]Ok, so that must have been imaginary spit that was landing on my friends sister and brother in law when they were at the OSU vs. meatchicken in ann arbor? Nice fans, this works both ways. If you think that your fans don't do the same things your living in an imaginary world.

I agree CP I have seen UM fans be idiots as well. There are no perfect set of fans in any stadium. If there are 100,000 seated probably 1/3 of them are legally intoxicated and when people are intoxicated they do stupid stuff like.... swear like a sailer next to a five year old and maybe even spit on someone if they are really a moron.

I am a fan but were still both in the big ten and if you were playing Miami for the national title I would root for the bucks JMO.

Steve

captain planet
11-17-2006, 09:16 AM
Do you know what two quarters in the bottom of a toilet and women from michigan have in common?

Everyone sees them, but nobody wants to take them out.

OhioProstar
11-17-2006, 09:20 AM
BBB you make a good point but we will have to agree to disagree. Anyhow...back to how Troy Smith is going to throw a touchdown pass to himself and then score the two point conversion on a hook and ladder from the kicker.

P-hat_in_Cincy
11-17-2006, 09:25 AM
Fans in Ann Arbor see game differently
Friday, November 17, 2006
Rob Oller
THE COLUMBUS DISPATCH

ANN ARBOR, Mich. — Most Michigan students relaxing with lattes in any of the half-dozen campus coffee houses will tell you that winning The Game is everything in Ann Arbor. It’s just not the only thing.

The rivalry between Michigan and Ohio State is huge, to be sure, but the cultural canyon between the two schools makes for distinct differences in how fans from both places treat it.

Both sides like to sling the stereotypes — Elitist Michigan fans vs. Ohio State rednecks — making sure to point out that tiny truths hide inside most generalizations.

The refined label fits perfectly inside Dascola Barbers on State Street, which cuts through the Michigan campus. Classical music fills the small upstairs shop as Bob Dascola shares his two cents worth about the magnitude of Michigan-Ohio State. His words make clear he is the Barber of Civil.

"It’s two different kinds of people. The people in Columbus are a lot different than the people in Ann Arbor," Dascola said, pausing. "They’re more rowdy down there. It’s the truth."

There’s also a lot more of them. Many in Ann Arbor (population 114,024) are surprised to learn that Columbus is a city of more than 1 million. The more people a city has, the more that can go wrong.

"When we win, we don’t wreck the town. We just go back to where we came from," said Dascola, adding that he prefers to describe Michigan fans in Ann Arbor as intellectuals rather than elitists.

Dascola nods toward a TV in the shop.

"We put that on for football games by request only," he said, proudly.

Chris DeTombe spent 15 years in central Ohio before moving to Michigan in 2000. Having seen both sides of the rivalry, he said there’s no question that passions run deeper south of the border.

Part of that has to do with Michigan being a two-team state. Draw a diagonal line northeast to southwest through Lansing, and most anything west of that line belongs to Michigan State. Anything east is Wolverines country. In Ohio, the entire state loves the Buckeyes.

Michigan considers Michigan State to be the bothersome little brother and Ohio State is the neighbor from hell, an angry little devil at that.

"You don’t sense that fomenting hate here that comes from south to north," said DeTombe, who lives in Brighton, about 20 miles north of Ann Arbor. "I think some of it was Woody (Hayes), he said. "Woody pushing his car across the border (rather than stopping for gas in Michigan). … They don’t have a story like that up here."

That’s not to say the rivalry isn’t intense among the Maize and Bluebloods.

"It’s pretty much the No. 1 game we think about. It’s always in the back of your mind," said Ben Kinder, a Michigan senior from Ann Arbor. "I’m a big Pistons and Tigers fan, but nothing comes close to Michigan football."

Still, the influence of Detroit, about 50 miles to the east, affects the fan intensity toward Michigan football. The Tigers, Lions and Red Wings sap strength from the Wolverines’ following.

As former Michigan coach Bo Schembechler put it, "Ohio State is in a situation where they sit there and there are no pro teams in Columbus, other than a hockey team. You’ve got to go to Cincinnati or Cleveland, so Ohio State is everything."

Not to mention the only thing. That helps explain why the job security of Michigan coach Lloyd Carr sometimes seems to be a bigger issue in Columbus than in Ann Arbor.

"We’re happy when he’s winning, and not happy when he’s losing," was all the angst that could be drawn from Derrick Burch, 37, a lifelong Michigan fan from Ann Arbor. "It’s not like it is down in Ohio, where there’s more of an emphasis on coaching, because (Ohio State football) is all they have, so it stands out more."

Mainly, though, the difference in rivalry volume has to do with the Michigan environment, which tends to be more liberal and diverse, less consumed with athletics.

Some even see football as a threat to academics, DeTombe said.

Mike Walton won’t argue the point. The Michigan alumnus, who manages a campus sporting goods store, arrived in Ann Arbor from Detroit and immediately noticed the difference.

"There is an air (of superiority) here," he said. "Coming here from Detroit, it was, like, ‘Whoa,’ culture shock."

The elitist attitude even trickles into the football program.

Former Michigan defensive back Marcus Ray, who grew up in Columbus and still lives there, said, "We’re taught a level of arrogance that it’s a big deal for you to play us, not us to play you."

Ohio State students and alumni, meanwhile, are seen as being more down to earth; beer drinkers to Michigan’s wine and cheese crowd.

Truth be told, many Michigan fans fear Columbus during football season, and especially the week of The Game.

"Michigan people think Columbus is a zoo, a jungle with wild beasts," Ray said, chuckling.

Ann Arbor, on the other hand, prides itself on protesting the war more than the obvious missed holding call.

"They have a better stadium," Ann Arbor resident Meghan Dockham said. "And that’s it."

Ohio State, of course, would argue it has better fans inside that stadium, as well.

roller@dispatch.com "

Blue fans...have fun with the whine and cheese Saturday! :D

captain planet
11-17-2006, 09:30 AM
[QUOTE=captain planet]Ok, so that must have been imaginary spit that was landing on my friends sister and brother in law when they were at the OSU vs. meatchicken in ann arbor? Nice fans, this works both ways. If you think that your fans don't do the same things your living in an imaginary world.

I agree CP I have seen UM fans be idiots as well. There are no perfect set of fans in any stadium. If there are 100,000 seated probably 1/3 of them are legally intoxicated and when people are intoxicated they do stupid stuff like.... swear like a sailer next to a five year old and maybe even spit on someone if they are really a moron.

I am a fan but were still both in the big ten and if you were playing Miami for the national title I would root for the bucks JMO.

Steve
Steve, sorry I wish I could say the same. As much as I hate USC, I was rooting for them against michigan in the rosebowl a couple years back. I will always root against scUM in any bowl game. Sorry, my hatred for them runs deeper than my affinity for the BIG 10.

I don't know what it is but I get really passionate about any game involving mich and will pull for the other team like they were my own. Couple years back when MSU blew their lead against mich I got so angry that my wife got mad at me.

Maristar210
11-17-2006, 09:38 AM
[QUOTE=Maristar210]
Steve, sorry I wish I could say the same. As much as I hate USC, I was rooting for them against michigan in the rosebowl a couple years back. I will always root against scUM in any bowl game. Sorry, my hatred for them runs deeper than my affinity for the BIG 10.

I don't know what it is but I get really passionate about any game involving mich and will pull for the other team like they were my own. Couple years back when MSU blew their lead against mich I got so angry that my wife got mad at me.

CP

You got issues dude:D :D

captain planet
11-17-2006, 09:42 AM
[QUOTE=captain planet]

CP

You got issues dude:D :D
I know. But I guess the first step is recognizing the problem. :o

OhioProstar
11-17-2006, 09:45 AM
CP Rehab is for quiters....fight on.

BIGBADBLUE
11-17-2006, 09:46 AM
[QUOTE=Maristar210]
I know. But I guess the first step is recognizing the problem. :o

CP - It is tough to root for bitter rival but you need to get over this issue. Seek proffesional help!!!! A good first try will be trying to root for UM in the national championship game!!!!

captain planet
11-17-2006, 09:51 AM
[QUOTE=captain planet]

CP - It is tough to root for bitter rival but you need to get over this issue. Seek proffesional help!!!! A good first try will be trying to root for UM in the national championship game!!!!
:noface: :noface: :noface: ........

captain planet
11-17-2006, 10:07 AM
Whats the difference between a michigan cheerleader and an elephant?

About 50 pounds.

captain planet
11-17-2006, 10:08 AM
Whats the difference between a porcupine and michigan stadium?

michigan stadium has 100,000 priks on the inside.

trickskier
11-17-2006, 10:22 AM
Whats the difference between a michigan cheerleader and an elephant?

About 50 pounds.

Now that's FUNNY!!!!

BIGBADBLUE
11-17-2006, 11:19 AM
Now that's FUNNY!!!!

Now I gotta be a little serious ... I consider myself an educated man when it comes to cheerleaders and their looks. I will tell you the Big Ten has NOTHING on the SEC. Actually SEC cheerleaders are WAY better than Big Ten.

OSU vs. UM on cheerleaders ... probably a tie or ver close. SEC vs. Big Ten is not even close

trickskier
11-17-2006, 11:38 AM
Now I gotta be a little serious ... I consider myself an educated man when it comes to cheerleaders and their looks. I will tell you the Big Ten has NOTHING on the SEC. Actually SEC cheerleaders are WAY better than Big Ten.

OSU vs. UM on cheerleaders ... probably a tie or ver close. SEC vs. Big Ten is not even close

Of course I was J/K but the girls in the South have an edge because they have TAN LINES year round!! AND SOME DON'T!!! If you get my drift.....

phecksel
A guy in a bar leans over to the guy next to him and says, "Want to hear a Buckeye joke?" The guy replies, "Well, before you tell that joke, you should know something...I am 6' tall, 200 lbs. and I am an Ohio State graduate. The guy sitting next to me is 6'2'', 225 lbs. and he is an Ohio State graduate. The guy right next to him is 6'5'', 250 lbs. and he is also an Ohio State graduate. Now, you still want to tell me that joke?"
"No, not if I'm going to have to explain it three times!"

It was reported that the Ohio Football Coach Jim Tressel will only be dressing 20 players for the Michigan game...the rest of the players will have to dress themselves.

Did you hear that the Ohio State University library burned to the ground?
All five books in the library were completely destroyed...the football team is really upset.

What's the only sign of intelligent life in Columbus?

Ann Arbor: 187 Miles

What does the average Ohio State University student get on his SAT?
Drool
How do you get an Ohio State graduate off of your front porch?
Pay him for the pizza.

Four college Alumni were climbing a mountain one day: an OSU grad, a Michigan grad, a Penn State grad and a Notre Dame grad. Each proclaimed to be the most loyal fan of their alma mater. As they climbed higher, they argued as to which of them was the most loyal of all. They continued to argue all the way to the top, when the Notre Dame grad hurled himself off the mountainside shouting, "This is for the fighting Irish!" Not wanting to be outdone, the Penn State grad threw himself off the mountain proclaiming, "This is for the Nittany Lions!" Seeing this, the Michigan grad walked over and shouted, "This is for the Wolverines!" and pushed the Ohio State grad off the mountain.

What did the OSU grad say to the Michigan grad?
"Welcome to McDonalds. May I take your order please?"

A young man, hired by a supermarket, reported for his first day of work. The manager greeted him with a warm handshake and a smile, gave him a broom and said, "Your first job will be to sweep the store." "But, I'm an OSU graduate" the young man replied indignantly. "I even played football there!" "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know that" said the manager. "Here, give me the broom. I better show you how."

Two Ohio State football players were hootin' and hollerin' while partying on campus when a bartender asked them why they were celebrating. The smart one said proudly that they had just finished a jigsaw puzzle and it only took them two months. "Two months?!" exclaimed the bartender. The Buckeye proudly replied, "Yeah, the box said 4-6 years!"

A Buckeye football player was almost killed today in a tragic horseback riding accident. He fell from the horse and was nearly trampled to death. Luckily, the manager of the Wal-Mart came out and unplugged the horse just in time...

A little boy and his mother were walking through an Ohio cemetery when they came upon a headstone that read: "Here lies an OSU graduate and a good man." The little boy asked his mother, "Mommy, why did they bury two people in there?"

Coaches Jim Tressel and Lloyd Carr are walking down the beach talking about the rivalry between Ohio State and Michigan. As they are walking, Lloyd trips over something in the sand. Upon closer inspection it turns out to be a genie's lamp. "Who disturbs me?" asked the genie. Jim and Lloyd both say they did. "You will each get one wish" said the genie. Jim offers to go first. "I want an impenetrable wall built around the entire state of Ohio so that none of those stupid Michiganders can ever get in. I want it as far down into the ground as it is high and I want it to be completely sealed in so that we can finally have our peace!" The genie grants the wish to Jim and he is instantly whisked away to his new paradise. The genie now tells Lloyd he'll grant him one wish. Lloyd says, "Fill it up with water."

Why is ice no longer available at Ohio State football games?
Because the senior who knew the recipe finally graduated.
What are the three longest years of an Ohio State football player's life?
His freshman year.
GO BLUE!!!

captain planet

Yea, I have to agree with you BBB. SEC cheerleaders are better, especially Tennessee, which makes sense since Ms. Tenn is in the Ms. America finals every year.

Yes, even I can agree with my mortal foe THIS week of all weeks. See Steve, I don't have THAT big of issues. ;)

GO BUCKEYES

Maristar210
11-17-2006, 11:58 AM
Yea, I have to agree with you BBB. SEC cheerleaders are better, especially Tennessee, which makes sense since Ms. Tenn is in the Ms. America finals every year.

Yes, even I can agree with my mortal foe THIS week of all weeks. See Steve, I don't have THAT big of issues. ;)

GO BUCKEYES

Yes you do. Just not about the stupid cheerleaders...

S

captain planet
11-17-2006, 12:05 PM
I like my issues. Makes me who I am.

Oh yea,
GO BUCKEYES.

trickskier
11-17-2006, 12:06 PM
Headed to the "SWAMP" to see Chris Leak play his last home game tomorrow! Next year it's TEBOW TIME!!!

captain planet
11-17-2006, 12:07 PM
Headed to the "SWAMP" to see Chris Leak play his last home game! Next year it's TEBOW TIME!!!
So that means you guys will be what, 8-3 next year? :D

trickskier
11-17-2006, 12:15 PM
So that means you guys will be what, 8-3 next year? :D

As long as the Gators beat Tennessee, Georgia, & Florida State It's a successful season, and Urban get to keep his job!! :uglyhamme

LakePirate
11-17-2006, 12:23 PM
As long as the Gators beat Tennessee, Georgia, & Florida State It's a successful season, and Urban get to keep his job!! :uglyhamme

We shall see what ol' Teabag will do once he has to take all the snaps.

I wonder if that Draw/Sneak play will still be in the playbook.

trickskier
11-17-2006, 12:26 PM
We shall see what ol' Teabag will do once he has to take all the snaps.

I wonder if that Draw/Sneak play will still be in the playbook.

MY, MY, MY, do we have a short memory.......
I do believe it was a fourth & 1 that the VOLS were unable to stop Tebow and that lead to the winning TD. Is that correct?? FL 21 UT 20!

They say a PICTURE is worth a THOUSAND WORDS......LOL

BIGBADBLUE
11-17-2006, 01:00 PM
Man I am really bummed about Bo. He was the last of the old school UM/OSU rivalry. Woody and Bo made it what this rivalry is today and we lost a big part of that today.

In case you missed it ...

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061117/NEWS99/61117011

captain planet
11-17-2006, 01:40 PM

trickskier
11-17-2006, 03:55 PM
Darn what UGLY MASCOTS......

Now Here's a MASCOT that you can be PROUD OF!!!

trickskier
11-17-2006, 04:46 PM
CP

What exactly is that Ohio mascot? An OREO with arms & legs???

captain planet
11-17-2006, 04:52 PM
CP

UM, excuse me, but that would happen to be Mr. Brutis Buckeye.

east tx skier
11-17-2006, 04:57 PM
CP

It's a nut. You don't want to eat it. Seriously.

trickskier
11-17-2006, 05:08 PM
UM, excuse me, but that would happen to be Mr. Brutis Buckeye.

Looks more like blackeye the luckeye to me.

OhioProstar
11-18-2006, 10:23 AM
Alright folks it is game day. All trash talk aside I hope the game is as good as the hype...

I just dug my "Donkey Punch Ann Arbor" shirt out of the closet.

OH

Maristar210
11-18-2006, 10:44 AM
Alright folks it is game day. All trash talk aside I hope the game is as good as the hype...

I just dug my "Donkey Punch Ann Arbor" shirt out of the closet.

OH

OH?

You'll be saying oh Sh!t by the end of the first half.

UM Bo's over OSU today.

Steve

OhioProstar
11-18-2006, 11:19 AM
Steve-o

How much you put on Mich-i-gun?

shepherd
11-18-2006, 01:14 PM
Wow..........Bo. That's going to pretty extreme lengths to inspire your team isn't it? :(

Rest in peace Bo.

GO BLUE!

captain planet
11-18-2006, 07:28 PM
I tried to tell you guys the Buckeyes would win. Good game, bring on...............whoever. :)

captain planet
11-18-2006, 07:30 PM
Hey guys, the weather will be nice in the Orange Bowl when you play Boise State. I mean look at it this way, at least you won't have to experience the "dry heat" of Arizona.

Hoosier Bob
11-18-2006, 07:36 PM
Bring on Who ever should be the Wolverines! Twice is not as easy! Not often a number one beats a number two after 3 turnovers!:o I tried to tell you guys the Buckeyes would win. Good game, bring on...............whoever. :)

BIGBADBLUE
11-18-2006, 07:39 PM
OK,OK ... OSU won. I will take my beating ... bring it on!!!

Good game

shepherd
11-18-2006, 07:57 PM
Michigan should remain #2. There's is no way any of those other one-loss teams out there are better than the Wolverines. Especially after today's game. Their only loss is by 3 points to the #1 team.

Good job Buckeyes. That offense is unstoppable.

P-hat_in_Cincy
11-18-2006, 09:18 PM
Well...another heart-wrenching game. I was hoping it would have been over shortly after half (if we would have scored), but it wasn't to be.

Anyway...good, exciting game!

GO BUCKEYES!!!

phecksel
11-18-2006, 10:32 PM
It's all over, and as I said before this is the greatest college game of the century.

Congrats to OSU!

I thought UoM played a fantastic game, OSU played a better game.

Go Blue

captain planet
11-20-2006, 10:41 AM
Well...another heart-wrenching game. I was hoping it would have been over shortly after half (if we would have scored), but it wasn't to be.

Anyway...good, exciting game!

GO BUCKEYES!!!
Hey P-hat, who would you rather play, USC or Michigan again?

P-hat_in_Cincy
11-20-2006, 11:36 AM
CP

USC...especially after Mike Hart's comments. I'd like them to chew on this loss for a year.

He talked smack about our vaunted defense, but what about his? Against TSUN defense: 502 yards. 192-ish on the ground.

The game shouldn't have been that close if we don't give up 2 freebies, but again, that's the way this game goes.

shepherd
11-20-2006, 11:46 AM
Good answer P-Hat. OSU would crush USC, while UM would stress you out again like they did on Saturday. UM is probably the only team out there that could seriously challenge OSU in January.

BIGBADBLUE
11-20-2006, 12:17 PM
CP

USC...especially after Mike Hart's comments. I'd like them to chew on this loss for a year.

He talked smack about our vaunted defense, but what about his? Against TSUN defense: 502 yards. 192-ish on the ground.

The game shouldn't have been that close if we don't give up 2 freebies, but again, that's the way this game goes.

Mike Harts comments are correct. Why does that bother you? Your defense gave up 39 points to an average offense at best. Now the OSU offense was great and the UM defense was kicked in the mouth.

Do not talk about freebies as that is a terrible excuse. Choking under pressure is part of the game ... your center choked on a couple plays as did Crable or the game would have been ever more close. The game was what it was. OSU had the better team and they won, however, it would be interesting on a neutral field.

I know all the other UM fans would shoot me for saying this, however, I do not think UM deserves another shot. They had their game and they lost. USC, Florida or ARK should have a shot ... NOT ND they got a smackdown already and they are not even top 10 material. How do you get whooped by UM, almost lose to MSU, GA Tech and UCLA and still be in the top 10? They are pretenders at best.

P-hat_in_Cincy
11-20-2006, 01:14 PM
Why does that bother you?

Do not talk about freebies as that is a terrible excuse. Choking under pressure is part of the game ...

It bother me because it's my team...reality or not. tOSU has shown most of the year that it would give up big plays and then buckle down...the 'bend but don't break' defense. I'm not a stat guy, but I'd guess we were good in takeaways and scoring defense, but I'm not sure about pass and run defense. I also wouldn't consider TSUN as an avg. offense when you have a Heisman candidate runner, a pretty talented receiving core, and a more protypical NFL QB.

I think I mentioned that the 'freebies' are part of the ways these games go. I don't think tOSU had any turnovers of that caliber the entire year and 2 of them come out in that game.

I guess we 'coulda/woulda' until next year's game.

Anyway BBB. It was an exciting game and I agree with you that next year should be the next meeting, even if for different reasons. ;)

captain planet
11-20-2006, 01:14 PM
Mike Harts comments are correct. Why does that bother you? Your defense gave up 39 points to an average offense at best. Now the OSU offense was great and the UM defense was kicked in the mouth.

BBB, it's not the fact that he said, it was the WAY he said it. I know his comments came at an emotional time, but he should have chosed his words a little more wisely.

captain planet
11-20-2006, 01:20 PM
Michigan - Ohio State stat infection:

* Troy Smith’s stats in three Michigan games: 857 yards passing, 194 yards rushing, nine touchdowns and THREE WINS.
* Now 19 straight wins for the Buckeyes, three short of the 1967-69 team record of 22. OSU has also now won 14 straight Big Ten games and 12 straight home games since last year’s loss to Texas
* Lloyd Carr is now 6-6 against Ohio State and Jim Tressel is 5-1 against Michigan. OSU is 38-10 in Big Ten games, 38-4 at home, 25-7 against ranked teams and 8-2 against top-10 teams
* The Bucks had eight straight passing plays in the game before they attempted their first running play.
* For the seventh straight season, the Michigan-Ohio State season finale had a direct impact on the Big Ten Championship race. In every year since the 2000 campaign, at least one of these two teams has entered this game with a shot at the conference crown.
* Smith became the first OSU quarterback to throw for four touchdowns against Michigan and also became the first to go 3-0 against Michigan since Tippy Dye in 1934-36. Smith set a new OSU single-season touchdown mark with 30 TD passes, eclipsing the 29 set by Bobby Hoying in 1995
* OSU's win over Michigan now equals the best stretch ever against the Wolverines. The Buckeyes have won 5 of their last 6 over the Wolverines, a feat that matches Woody who won the 1958 game, lost in 1959 before winning from 1960-1963.
* Tressel's 5-1 mark against Michigan gives him a .833 winning percentage- the best for a Buckeye coach against the hated Wolverines. At the 6 game mark vs. the Wolverines, Woody was 3-3. Earle was 4-2.
* In the past two games against Michigan, OSU is -5 in the turnover department, yet victorious in both. In the four previous contests, OSU turned over the ball just two times and forced 10 turnovers
* Troy Smith ended up with a total of 328 yards of net offense and 4 touchdowns. He threw to 8 different receivers!
* OSU played 50 players. Not to be outdone, Michigan played even more, playing 55
* Troy was sacked once. Henne was sacked 4 times.
* Michigan scored four of its five touchdowns by scoring on the first and last of their drives in each half.
* STAT of the Year: The “Pick Four” in the Ohio Lottery Saturday? 4239…

captain planet
11-20-2006, 01:22 PM
1091 days and counting…Yes, Buckeye fans, that’s how long it has been since Michigan last beat Ohio State. And it will be another 364 days until they get their next chance (I hope since I am an anti-rematch kind of guy…) – November 17, 2007 in Ann Arbor. That’s a lot of days between drinks of water. Or whatever Wolverines drink. From the looks on LLLLLoyd Carr’s face, must be prune juice.

captain planet
11-20-2006, 01:41 PM
This is one of the best quotes that describes the michigan, Ohio State rivalry.

When asked why he went for two despite a 34-point lead against Michigan, Hayes quipped, "Because I couldn't go for three." :mad: :rant: :purplaugh

Maristar210
11-20-2006, 01:51 PM
This is one of the best quotes that describes the michigan, Ohio State rivalry.

When asked why he went for two despite a 34-point lead against Michigan, Hayes quipped, "Because I couldn't go for three." :mad: :rant: :purplaugh

Cp

You runnin up your post count or just scatterbrain?

Great Game played by OSU. I give credit to sweatervest and his staff for spotting a weakness in the defense that was heavily exploited. Mr. Carr is clearly behind the times and needs to step it up. Losing to OSU continously does not help solidify his tenure.

Steve

BIGBADBLUE
11-20-2006, 01:52 PM
I also wouldn't consider TSUN as an avg. offense when you have a Heisman candidate runner, a pretty talented receiving core, and a more protypical NFL QB.. ;)

Based on the numbers UM offense is VERY average. 53rd in passing, 57th in rushing, 62nd in scoring and 74th in total ... and this out of 119 schools. Actually this is not even average.

Is it Spring yet?

captain planet
11-20-2006, 01:55 PM
Cp

You runnin up your post count or just scatterbrain?

Great Game played by OSU. I give credit to sweatervest and his staff for spotting a weakness in the defense that was heavily exploited. Mr. Carr is clearly behind the times and needs to step it up. Losing to OSU continously does not help solidify his tenure.

Steve
No, just having fun. Remember as an Ohio State fan who used to have to suffer through the "cooper years" I can't help but grin. You're probably not going to believe this, but I usually don't rub it in after my team wins, but this was the michigan game. Sorry.

trickskier
11-20-2006, 08:37 PM
All right, I for one am not going to let the Big 10 rule this thread! It ain't over til the fat lady sings (but I must admit she warming up). I know Maristar an BBB want a rematch, but I'm sorry you had your chance. Plus the BSC has a rule that you must win your conference in order to play in the National Championship Game.

I would rather see Florida (imagine that) Arkansas, USC or Notre Dame get a shot at OSU. In ordrer for the Gators to get a chance they need to win convincingly over FSU and Arkansas plus they need USC to loose at least on game.

Again, still a lot of football left to be played. Michigan can only sit back and watch the drama unfold as their season is over. If USC wins out they will leap frog Michigan for the #2 spot. The Gators can get there if the win out and have help.

The next two weeks will be interesting to say the least. I only have one thing left to say GO GATORS!!!

Chief
11-20-2006, 08:40 PM
All right, I for one am not going to let the Big 10 rule this thread! It ain't over til the fat lady sings (but I must admit she warming up). I know Maristar an BBB want a rematch, but I'm sorry you had your chance. Plus the BSC has a rule that you must win your conference in order to play in the National Championship Game.

I would rather see Florida (imagine that) Arkansas, USC or Notre Dame get a shot at OSU. In ordrer for the Gators to get a chance they need to win convincingly over FSU and Arkansas plus they need USC to loose at least on game.

Again, still a lot of football left to be played. Michigan can only sit back and watch the drama unfold as their season is over. If USC wins out they will leap frog Michigan for the #2 spot. The Gators can get there if the win out and have help.

The next two weeks will be interesting to say the least. I only have one thing left to say GO GATORS!!!

Trick I think the gators have a chance like ND has, not much with Michigan still at #2. Maybe a Florida vs. ND match up? HMMMMMM. Remember what happend last time Florida and ND played? It would make for a great party though!

trickskier
11-20-2006, 08:44 PM
Trick I think the gators have a chance like ND has, not much with Michigan still at #2. Maybe a Florida vs. ND match up? HMMMMMM. Remember what happend last time Florida and ND played? It would make for a great party though!

That was the only time Holtz beat Spurrier. USC has the best shot to upstage Michigan then Florida with help. But if FL and ND play in a bowl together the PARTY's ON!!!!!

Chief
11-20-2006, 08:49 PM
That was the only time Holtz beat Spurrier. USC has the best shot to upstage Michigan then Florida with help. But if FL and ND play in a bowl together the PARTY's ON!!!!!

Stand by for the controversy. BCS is going to take a beating because everyone is on Michigan's jock right now and the way they played OSU it's going to be a rematch. Think of the money that is going to generate, millions and millions of dollars! Maybe billions after the advertising.

trickskier
11-20-2006, 09:00 PM
Think of the money that is going to generate, millions and millions of dollars! Maybe billions after the advertising.

That's just it, I don't see it generating that much cash because it is a rematch. The only people who really want a rematch are Michigan fans. OSU fans don't want a rematch. This game has already been played, it was a great game, and OSU won. So lets move on to the next opponent who ever it may be. If they do end up playing again I don't plan on watching it, and not because I'm a Gator fan. It will be like watching a movie sequel and sequels are never that good.

mbeach
11-20-2006, 09:05 PM
yo tricks -- leaving tomorrow for sunny florida. am going to tally on sat for fsu-uf, and then driving back to iowa after game. hope we can give the gates a game. i am hoping for the best but expecting the worse. just want timmy teabags to quit that silly jumping around least he gets poped (not hurt) good a couple of times. doubt it because nobody has laid a solid lick on him yet. go noles!

food for thought on um-osu match up for the nc. if they are paired, does wisconsin get a bcs bid also? they are in the top 10 in the bcs rankings and that should give them a slot. happened to iowa a few years ago.

OhioProstar
11-20-2006, 09:09 PM
Think of the money that is going to generate, millions and millions of dollars! Maybe billions after the advertising.

Actually having two teams from one region would not generate as much marketing dollars as OSU vs. USC or OSU vs. Florida. Throw in the fact that both teams just played and you lose 2/3rds of your audience.

trickskier
11-20-2006, 09:14 PM
yo tricks -- leaving tomorrow for sunny florida. am going to tally on sat for fsu-uf, and then driving back to iowa after game. hope we can give the gates a game. i am hoping for the best but expecting the worse. just want timmy teabags to quit that silly jumping around least he gets poped (not hurt) good a couple of times. doubt it because nobody has laid a solid lick on him yet. go noles!

food for thought on um-osu match up for the nc. if they are paired, does wisconsin get a bcs bid also? they are in the top 10 in the bcs rankings and that should give them a slot. happened to iowa a few years ago.

Have a Safe Trip Moonie! I wanted to go to the FL/FSU game with Atlfootr, but got tix to the SEC Championship Game and wife said I could only go to one. No one has been able to stop Tebow yet and they know he's coming. We were at the "Swamp" Saturday and TT threw a perfect stike for a TD late in the game. Happy to see that Jeffery is still calling the shots for this game.

I haven't looked at Wisconsin's strenght of schedule so I really can't answer that.

Again, Have a Safe Trip and Happy Thanksgiving!!

atlfootr
11-20-2006, 09:52 PM
I wanted to go to the FL/FSU game with Atlfootr, but got tix to the SEC Championship Game
and wife said I could only go to one.I'll acknowledge your exsistance on the 40 :)
p.s., tell the Mrs. to light'n ... they only play each other once a year 8p

shepherd
11-20-2006, 11:03 PM
Being a Michigan fan, I'd like to see a rematch, but I agree it wouldn't be right. That said, OSU will kill whoever they end up playing.

Assuming USC goes to Glendale, who will UM play in the Rose Bowl? Who's 2nd in the PAC 10? Cal? Looks like the Bears are in trouble.

LakePirate
11-20-2006, 11:24 PM
Have a Safe Trip Moonie! I wanted to go to the FL/FSU game with Atlfootr, but got tix to the SEC Championship Game and wife said I could only go to one. No one has been able to stop Tebow yet and they know he's coming. We were at the "Swamp" Saturday and TT threw a perfect stike for a TD late in the game. Happy to see that Jeffery is still calling the shots for this game.

I haven't looked at Wisconsin's strenght of schedule so I really can't answer that.

Again, Have a Safe Trip and Happy Thanksgiving!!

I want to see what happens next year when Teabag has to take all the snaps.

/went to check the stats because I thought Georgia stopped him, they did except once for 20 yards.

captain planet
11-21-2006, 08:36 AM
.............. Plus the BSC has a rule that you must win your conference in order to play in the National Championship Game.

GO GATORS!!!
When was this rule put in place? Didn't chokelahoma play against LSU in the NC game AFTER loosing to Kansas State in the Big 12 Championship game?

BIGBADBLUE
11-21-2006, 09:13 AM
Trick - I was laughing at Urban's comments to the AP about the BCS. Stating that if there is a rematch then we should get rid of the BCS right away. I love that all coaches now turn to politics as a way to get their game. This is what is great about the BCS. :) Even being a UM fan I agree that a rematch is crap. We had our shot and lost. Win all your games and you do not have to politic. It is simple.

trickskier
11-21-2006, 09:14 AM
When was this rule put in place? Didn't chokelahoma play against LSU in the NC game AFTER loosing to Kansas State in the Big 12 Championship game?

That's what the sport announcers were saying down here on the radio. I haven't seen or read the rule anywhere, but they were interviewing someone with the BCS and they brought it up. He also said they may go against that rule. Should be interesting......As a Gator fan, all I can do is pray for a miracle!

trickskier
11-21-2006, 09:30 AM
Trick - I was laughing at Urban's comments to the AP about the BCS. Stating that if there is a rematch then we should get rid of the BCS right away. I love that all coaches now turn to politics as a way to get their game. This is what is great about the BCS. :) Even being a UM fan I agree that a rematch is crap. We had our shot and lost. Win all your games and you do not have to politic. It is simple.

Everyone keeps saying it will be USC if they win out.....The Gators at one time had one of the toughest schedules this year. That has fallen apart with teams like Georgia, Tennessee, & FSU have off years.

LakePirate
11-21-2006, 09:41 AM
Everyone keeps saying it will be USC if they win out.....The Gators at one time had one of the toughest schedules this year. That has fallen apart with teams like Georgia, Tennessee, & FSU have off years.

Last year was an off year, this year we had to play the freshman QB in 2 games because of an injury to Ainge.

We have 3 losses. All 3 teams are in the top 10. That makes us 11. :D

captain planet
11-21-2006, 09:42 AM
That's what the sport announcers were saying down here on the radio. I haven't seen or read the rule anywhere, but they were interviewing someone with the BCS and they brought it up. He also said they may go against that rule. Should be interesting......As a Gator fan, all I can do is pray for a miracle!
Tricky, I hate to bring this up, but USC has the best chance. If they beat ND and UCLA, they are only .006 or .007 points behind meatchicken. Florida is something like .030 or .028 points behind. I think Fla is a better team than USC, but the computers don't see it that way. I would rather see Fla than USC. USC is becoming like the yankees, getting tired of seeing them every year.

trickskier
11-21-2006, 10:06 AM
Tricky, I hate to bring this up, but USC has the best chance.

Oh, I totally agree. The Gators need to win out and still need a miracle. Remember 1996?

trickskier
11-21-2006, 10:11 AM
We have 3 losses. All 3 teams are in the top 10. That makes us 11. :D

LP, all I'm saying is that Florida's schedule this year was considered one of the tougest in the nation. However, with so many losses by top teams like Ga, TN, & FSU, the schedule isn't considered as tough as it once was. And of course scheduling Western Carolina so late in the season didn't help either. BTW, what the heck is a Catamount???

BIGBADBLUE
11-21-2006, 11:33 AM
Here is a pretty cool photo tribute to Bo if anyone is interested. Go Blue!!!

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061118/VIDEO02/61118001/-1/VIDEO01

bcampbe7
11-21-2006, 11:40 AM
Here is a pretty cool photo tribute to Bo if anyone is interested. Go Blue!!!

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061118/VIDEO02/61118001/-1/VIDEO01

Growing up around Iowa City, Iowa and being a Hawkeye fan, I have a great respect for Bo. He was a he|| of a coach!

trickskier
11-21-2006, 01:57 PM
Very Nice Tribute

atlfootr
11-22-2006, 09:45 AM
watch It! :popcorn:

trickskier
11-22-2006, 05:32 PM
watch It! :popcorn:

What's up with the new avatar? Did you get tix?

Bobby
11-25-2006, 01:53 AM
don't cry texas.

http://www.dfw.com/images/dfw/dfw/16091/258928245045.jpg

if we win tomorrow we'll let you know how KC goes.8p :D

easttx, have you recovered yet?

atlfootr
11-25-2006, 03:23 AM
UCLA's newest set of pom poms, wait -- she must of dropp'd 'em.

atlfootr
11-25-2006, 12:13 PM
Did you get tix?We could of been there :(
FSU vs GATORS ....
4th ROW on the 40 yardline, ppl DON'T ask me why trickskier and I are watch'n on TV instead. :rant:

atlfootr
11-25-2006, 12:48 PM
That 1st TD from U of F blows BIGTIME! :rant:
But that personal foul, jus' made up for it :)

atlfootr
11-25-2006, 12:50 PM
Damn that Reggie Nelson ... what a hitt, he made :rant:

atlfootr
11-25-2006, 01:16 PM
I needed a "pick me up" :)
Dwn by 7 .. :rant:

atlfootr
11-25-2006, 01:18 PM
That helped .. A LOT !

atlfootr
11-25-2006, 01:28 PM
Trick ... GREAT talk'n to ya, durn'n game play! :D

atlfootr
11-25-2006, 01:31 PM
That play to Persey and the Extra Point ... sucks :rant:

atlfootr
11-25-2006, 01:45 PM
Persey just took a hellashious shot by Buster Davis ...
:rant: Not good :noface: here come the streachers
However, we do have movment w/ a thumbs up :smile:

atlfootr
11-25-2006, 01:49 PM
TRIVA Q ......
When was the last time, GATORS won 3 games straight against FSU?

atlfootr
11-25-2006, 01:52 PM
FSU Football

atlfootr
11-25-2006, 02:41 PM
44 Yard Reception!
6'3 Cody Fagg

atlfootr
11-25-2006, 02:42 PM
F***K :rant:
That right foot lost the reception!

atlfootr
11-25-2006, 02:51 PM
TRIVA Q ......
When was the last time, GATORS won 3 games straight against FSU?
Answer .. '81-'86

atlfootr
11-25-2006, 03:02 PM
14 - 7 Gators lead -------> SEM'S, U only have 15 minutes left :o
Com'on NOLE's

atlfootr
11-25-2006, 03:06 PM
14 Up!!!!!!!!!!

atlfootr
11-25-2006, 03:48 PM
:(:(:( ..... good game, trix :purplaugh
I'll make sure it's ICE COLD!

88 PS190
11-25-2006, 04:14 PM
tough loss there, that was a great game to watch, particularly since I don't like either team...

trickskier
11-25-2006, 04:22 PM
Hey Footr, Sorry about that

atlfootr
11-25-2006, 06:18 PM
tough loss there, that was a great game to watch, particularly since I don't like either team...Thanks for taken 3.5 hrs plus to watch a game, that you know of neither team.
Hope you enjoyed it :)

atlfootr
11-25-2006, 06:24 PM
Hey Trix,
I almost forgot, CAN or BOTTLE :confused:

Footin
11-25-2006, 06:42 PM
8:00 tonight: USC vs Notre Dame....should determine who plays OSU for the national championship.

Chief
11-25-2006, 07:04 PM
GO IRISH! KILL USC!

COCKS WIN!

Maristar210
11-25-2006, 07:47 PM
How about them Georgia Bulldogs?
Great game to watch nd I like seeing Reggie "well you know my momma this and my momma that" ball getting his a$$ jacked up.

Go Dawgs from where I'm sittin.....

Steve

Maristar210
11-25-2006, 08:16 PM
GO NOTRE DAME

BEAT USC's A$$$$$$$$$$$$

shepherd
11-25-2006, 08:32 PM
Go Irish!!!

Chief
11-25-2006, 09:54 PM
FFFFFFFFFFING IRISH WASTING OPPORTUNITY’S! FOURTH AND NINE FOREVER! HOW ABOUT A FIELDGOAL CHARLIE? FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF!

east tx skier
11-25-2006, 10:07 PM
don't cry texas.

http://www.dfw.com/images/dfw/dfw/16091/258928245045.jpg

if we win tomorrow we'll let you know how KC goes.8p :D

easttx, have you recovered yet?

Fortunately, I was out of the country and was unable to see the game. Still out of the country and bouncing this post off a satellite.

I'm disgusted, but not terribly upset. Good luck to you guys in the Big 12 Championship. And remember, you guys beat 'em b/c they had 12 players on the field. ;) I plan on watching last year's rose bowl when I get home.

Chief
11-25-2006, 11:18 PM
Good Game Charlie! Recruit a defense next year. Still not ready for the big time. Oh Lou where are you?

shepherd
11-26-2006, 10:46 AM
Well, looks like USC deserves to play Ohio State after all (assuming they beat UCLA). Should be a good game.

So who does Michigan get in the Rose Bowl??? Cal? Personally, I'd like to see them play Florida.

Bobby
11-26-2006, 05:31 PM
I'm disgusted, but not terribly upset. Good luck to you guys in the Big 12 Championship. And remember, you guys beat 'em b/c they had 12 players on the field. ;) I plan on watching last year's rose bowl when I get home.

uhh, we would have gotten the first down anyway without the help of the 12th man.

and- when im feeling down about OU i just pop in the ol' tape of OU/tx 2003 and freebase on longhorn misery. it makes my day brighter8p :D

trickskier
11-26-2006, 05:59 PM
Hey Trix,
I almost forgot, CAN or BOTTLE :confused:

Hey Brother, doesn't matter (cans, bottles, or draught) as long as I drink it with you and Skidog!

east tx skier
11-26-2006, 07:35 PM
uhh, we would have gotten the first down anyway without the help of the 12th man.

and- when im feeling down about OU i just pop in the ol' tape of OU/tx 2003 and freebase on longhorn misery. it makes my day brighter8p :D

Oh you had gotten it, but called time out just prior to the snap. 8p. I'm glad you did though, the way it really ended was much better.

Go win the Big 12. I'm routin' for you guys. If you win it, we can have some satisfaction in beating you this year. :)

BIGBADBLUE
11-26-2006, 10:30 PM
Well, looks like USC deserves to play Ohio State after all (assuming they beat UCLA). Should be a good game.

So who does Michigan get in the Rose Bowl??? Cal? Personally, I'd like to see them play Florida.

USC does deserve a shot at OSU and I think the BCS got it right. I tell ya I am sick of hearing Urban Meyer whine about everything. He is now coaching a big time school and needs to start acting like it.

ND will now get a BCS bowl but I really wonder if they deserve it. The only 2 schools they played they got blown out by over 20 by both.

The rose bowl match up will be interesting to see who gets to play UM. I bet ya they will keep it Big 10 vs PAC 10 and pick Cal.

shepherd
11-26-2006, 10:57 PM
Being a UM fan I hate to say this, but OSU-USC should be playing in the Rose Bowl. And Michigan should be playing Florida in the Citrus Bowl.

BIGBADBLUE
11-27-2006, 07:56 AM
I agree ... hate to say it but I agree!!!

LakePirate
11-27-2006, 05:30 PM
How about them Georgia Bulldogs?
Great game to watch nd I like seeing Reggie "well you know my momma this and my momma that" ball getting his a$$ jacked up.

Go Dawgs from where I'm sittin.....

Steve

As long as Reggie Ball is playing Georgia Tech has a chance to lose. He can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory better than anyone I have ever seen.

In response to some others on here. ND has no business in the top 15. What quality wins do they have? None, Zip, Zero. Combined
record of opponents whom they beat 54-62. Georgia Tech is the only win over a ranked team and with the Reggie Ball factor that one is excluded. No wins over ranked teams. Don't believe the hype.

shepherd
11-28-2006, 09:34 AM
What about Boise State?

USC's one loss was to Oregon State. Boise State, who is 12-0 by the way, whipped Oregon State 42-14. Maybe they should play Ohio State(?)

P-hat_in_Cincy
11-28-2006, 09:43 AM
In response to some others on here. ND has no business in the top 15. What quality wins do they have? None, Zip, Zero. Combined
record of opponents whom they beat 54-62. Georgia Tech is the only win over a ranked team and with the Reggie Ball factor that one is excluded. No wins over ranked teams. Don't believe the hype.

From Sports Illustrated:
"The Luck Of The Irish
Two losses against BCS-bound opponents by 26 (Michigan) and 20 points (USC), yet Notre Dame is a lock to earn a spot in one of the game's most lucrative bowls. Yeah, that seems right, doesn't it? Of the top 12 teams in the latest BCS rankings, it's the Irish who are the least deserving of a bid (Say what you want about Boise State, but the Broncos beat everyone on their schedule, including Oregon State). Look at the way Notre Dame performed in the losses to the Wolverines and Trojans and tell me it's still one of the best teams in the country. Its only quality wins came against Georgia Tech and Penn State, while the Irish had to comeback and beat subpar Michigan State and UCLA (who was without its starting QB). But come Jan. 3 the Irish (who are 10th in the latest BCS standings) will likely be in the Sugar Bowl against the SEC champ while teams like Wisconsin (7th) and Auburn (11th) will be shut out of the showcase bowl games. It's as much an indictment of a system that won't allow three teams from the same conference to get BCS berths, a system that ought to be retooled to give the best 12 teams a shot, period, not the best teams that meet certain qualifiers. This year it means that the Badgers and Tigers are automatically left out while Ohio State and Michigan take the Big Ten bids, while the SEC champion (Arkansas or Florida) and likely LSU take the SEC's invitations. It also means the Irish will be able to reap the benefits of being one of the best teams in the country because of a 10-2 mark and a system that allows them to play in a top-teir bowl game, even if with two blowout losses against the two toughest teams they've faced have proven that they just don't belong."
:D

Maristar210
11-28-2006, 09:54 AM
From Sports Illustrated:
"The Luck Of The Irish
Two losses against BCS-bound opponents by 26 (Michigan) and 20 points (USC), yet Notre Dame is a lock to earn a spot in one of the game's most lucrative bowls. Yeah, that seems right, doesn't it? Of the top 12 teams in the latest BCS rankings, it's the Irish who are the least deserving of a bid (Say what you want about Boise State, but the Broncos beat everyone on their schedule, including Oregon State). Look at the way Notre Dame performed in the losses to the Wolverines and Trojans and tell me it's still one of the best teams in the country. Its only quality wins came against Georgia Tech and Penn State, while the Irish had to comeback and beat subpar Michigan State and UCLA (who was without its starting QB). But come Jan. 3 the Irish (who are 10th in the latest BCS standings) will likely be in the Sugar Bowl against the SEC champ while teams like Wisconsin (7th) and Auburn (11th) will be shut out of the showcase bowl games. It's as much an indictment of a system that won't allow three teams from the same conference to get BCS berths, a system that ought to be retooled to give the best 12 teams a shot, period, not the best teams that meet certain qualifiers. This year it means that the Badgers and Tigers are automatically left out while Ohio State and Michigan take the Big Ten bids, while the SEC champion (Arkansas or Florida) and likely LSU take the SEC's invitations. It also means the Irish will be able to reap the benefits of being one of the best teams in the country because of a 10-2 mark and a system that allows them to play in a top-teir bowl game, even if with two blowout losses against the two toughest teams they've faced have proven that they just don't belong."
:D

This week I am a UCLA fan for sure.....

Go Blue...

P-hat_in_Cincy
11-28-2006, 10:16 AM
This week I am a UCLA fan for sure.....

Go Blue...

This week I am a USC fan so the Blue fans can be blue and stew for a year!

Go TROJANS!

;)

trickskier
11-28-2006, 11:02 AM
My son and I are headed to Atlanta for the SEC Championship Game Saturday. GO GATORS!!! and pulling for an upset of UCLA over USC!

BIGBADBLUE
11-28-2006, 11:26 AM
As long as Reggie Ball is playing Georgia Tech has a chance to lose. He can snatch defeat from the jaws of victory better than anyone I have ever seen.

Exactly!!!! No way ND deserves BCS bid. Oh wait ... they beat Michigan State in a heroic comeback ... of wait MSU is a terrible team so that does not count. What about Army? Navy? Air Force? Marines? ND getting in is a joke!!!

LakePirate
11-28-2006, 12:07 PM
Exactly!!!! No way ND deserves BCS bid. Oh wait ... they beat Michigan State in a heroic comeback ... of wait MSU is a terrible team so that does not count. What about Army? Navy? Air Force? Marines? ND getting in is a joke!!!

They should have to join a conference. This automatic bid if ranked 8th or higher is the biggest joke of several regarding the BCS.

captain planet
11-28-2006, 12:19 PM
Notre Lame is a joke. They NEVER play anyone. Here is their 2007 schedule. Wow, I hope they can make thier stretch from Nov 3 thru Nov 24!

Sept. 1 GEORGIA TECH
Sept. 8 at Penn State
Sept. 15 at Michigan
Sept. 22 MICHIGAN STATE
Sept. 29 at Purdue
Oct. 6 at UCLA
Oct. 13 BOSTON COLLEGE
Oct. 20 USC
Nov. 3 NAVY
Nov. 10 AIR FORCE
Nov. 17 DUKE
Nov. 24 at Stanford

LakePirate
11-28-2006, 12:44 PM
Notre Lame is a joke. They NEVER play anyone. Here is their 2007 schedule. Wow, I hope they can make thier stretch from Nov 3 thru Nov 24!

Sept. 1 GEORGIA TECH
Sept. 8 at Penn State
Sept. 15 at Michigan
Sept. 22 MICHIGAN STATE
Sept. 29 at Purdue
Oct. 6 at UCLA
Oct. 13 BOSTON COLLEGE
Oct. 20 USC
Nov. 3 NAVY
Nov. 10 AIR FORCE
Nov. 17 DUKE
Nov. 24 at Stanford

Holy Crap I can't believe that I actually agree with something CP has said on this thread. :D

captain planet
11-28-2006, 12:53 PM
Holy Crap I can't believe that I actually agree with something CP has said on this thread. :D
Hey, I'm a reasonable guy. I just get a little "excitable" the week before the OSU vs. michigan game.

BIGBADBLUE
11-28-2006, 01:27 PM
WOW ... OSU and UM fans getting along?

This schedule is just as bad as this years!!!! Sick!

captain planet
11-28-2006, 01:45 PM
I know, I think the moon may start bleeding tonight.

I wish I could rip on the 2008 notre lame schedule, but this has the potential to be pretty rough.

2008 Notre Dame Football Schedule
Sept. 6 SAN DIEGO STATE
Sept. 13 MICHIGAN
Sept. 20 at Michigan State
Sept. 27 PURDUE
Oct. 4 STANFORD
Oct. 11 at North Carolina
Oct. 18 Open Date
Oct. 25 at Washington
Nov. 1 PITTSBURGH
Nov. 8 at Boston College
Nov. 15 at Navy (Baltimore)
Nov. 22 SYRACUSE
Nov. 29 at USC

Projected record after this season......8-4 with losses to michigan, Purdue, N. Carolina, and USC. Projected Bowl.......Fiesta Bowl :confused: Kidding....about the bowl.

trickskier
11-28-2006, 01:55 PM
They should have to join a conference. This automatic bid if ranked 8th or higher is the biggest joke of several regarding the BCS.
What's even worse than that is if the Gators win The SEC Championship Game they will be 12-1 and still will not have a shot at the National Championship Game unless USC looses. They say the Gators haven't won with style points. Style Points??? Now we have to win with style points in order to play in the BIG Game??

captain planet
11-28-2006, 03:05 PM
What's even worse than that is if the Gators win The SEC Championship Game they will be 12-1 and still will not have a shot at the National Championship Game unless USC looses. They say the Gators haven't won with style points. Style Points??? Now we have to win with style points in order to play in the BIG Game??
Absolutely. You don't win with style because someone a long time ago decided to join ORANGE and BLUE together and make them your colors. 8p

If USC looses, Florida should be in the NC game. michigan had their chance.

trickskier
11-28-2006, 03:22 PM
OH, like that drab silver & red is stylish......:uglyhamme

captain planet
11-28-2006, 03:54 PM
OH, like that drab silver & red is stylish......:uglyhamme
Uh, excuse me, but that is SCARLET & GRAY to you!!!;)

trickskier
11-28-2006, 03:56 PM
Uh, excuse me, but that is SCARLET & GRAY to you!!!;)

I figured youz guyz would have designer colors to score stylish points....:uglyhamme

Maristar210
11-28-2006, 08:20 PM
Uh, excuse me, but that is SCARLET & GAY to you!!!;)

Scarlet and what?????

Ric
11-29-2006, 08:36 AM
now thats funny

trickskier
11-29-2006, 08:47 AM
Good One Steve!!!

One thing I can't figure out is why Florida & Michigan won't play in the Rose Bowl? If 1 & 2 Play each other why doesn't 3 & 4 play each other? Michigan & LSU in the Rose and Florida & Notre Dame in the Sugar is the prediction.

P-hat_in_Cincy
11-29-2006, 08:51 AM
Scarlet and what?????

Have fun at the Rose Bowl.

shepherd
11-29-2006, 10:41 AM
One thing I can't figure out is why Florida & Michigan won't play in the Rose Bowl? If 1 & 2 Play each other why doesn't 3 & 4 play each other? Michigan & LSU in the Rose and Florida & Notre Dame in the Sugar is the prediction.

It will probably be Cal and Michigan. Traditionally, the Big10 Champ played the PAC 10 champ in the Rose Bowl every year. But since BCS, both those champs will be facing each other in Arizona since they are ranked 1 and 2 (if USC beats UCLA). That leaves the Big 10 second place team (who IIRC used to play in the Citrus Bowl against the SEC 1st or 2nd place team) and the PAC 10 second place team to play in the Rose Bowl this time around.

Like I said in an earlier post, IMO OSU and USC should be playing for the championship in the Rose Bowl, and Michigan and Florida should be playing each other in Orlando.

Correct me if I'm wrong ya'll. NCAA newbie here...

captain planet
11-29-2006, 11:05 AM
It will probably be Cal and Michigan. Traditionally, the Big10 Champ played the PAC 10 champ in the Rose Bowl every year. But since BCS, both those champs will be facing each other in Arizona since they are ranked 1 and 2 (if USC beats UCLA). That leaves the Big 10 second place team (who IIRC used to play in the Citrus Bowl against the SEC 1st or 2nd place team) and the PAC 10 second place team to play in the Rose Bowl this time around.

Like I said in an earlier post, IMO OSU and USC should be playing for the championship in the Rose Bowl, and Michigan and Florida should be playing each other in Orlando.

Correct me if I'm wrong ya'll. NCAA newbie here...

Your right about the rose bowl. It is traditionally the BIG 10 champ vs. the PAC 10 champ. But since the BCS has basically removed ANY tradition from the bowl games, I don't see why 3 shouldn't play 4, 5 against 6 and so on.

But you have to consider, since this is a money maker for the BCS they have to look at what is profitable, which is why notre lame will get a BCS bid (large following and TV ratings gainer = $$$) instead of Auburn or Wisconsin.

If it is michigan vs. LSU and Florida vs notre lame those games will just be awful. michigan will KILL LSU and Florida will beat notre lame by 30. If anything, notre lame should be playing the big east champ, (Louisville, right or west virginia?)

Nice bowl system we all get to enjoy huh? What a bunch of crap.

shepherd
11-29-2006, 11:28 AM
Despite what I said above, I'd actually rather see Michigan play UF than Cal. It would be a better game IMO.

Maristar210
11-29-2006, 11:36 AM
Have fun at the Rose Bowl.

Why can Maurice get me some free tickets? without putting a gun to someones head, of course..;)

P-hat_in_Cincy
11-29-2006, 12:39 PM
Why can Maurice get me some free tickets? without putting a gun to someones head, of course..;)

I wonder how many times he's heard "stick 'em up" lately...since he is a resident of THE Bighouse!?!? :D

Bobby
11-29-2006, 01:28 PM
Your right about the rose bowl. It is traditionally the BIG 10 champ vs. the PAC 10 champ. But since the BCS has basically removed ANY tradition from the bowl games, I don't see why 3 shouldn't play 4, 5 against 6 and so on.

But you have to consider, since this is a money maker for the BCS they have to look at what is profitable, which is why notre lame will get a BCS bid (large following and TV ratings gainer = $$$) instead of Auburn or Wisconsin.

If it is michigan vs. LSU and Florida vs notre lame those games will just be awful. michigan will KILL LSU and Florida will beat notre lame by 30. If anything, notre lame should be playing the big east champ, (Louisville, right or west virginia?)

Nice bowl system we all get to enjoy huh? What a bunch of crap.

Auburn and Wisconsin couldn't get BCS bids anyway because each conference is allowed 2 BCS teams max. Florida/LSU/Arkansas - 2 might get in and Ohio State and Michigan are representing the Big 10+1.

LakePirate
11-29-2006, 01:45 PM
I know the former Chairman of the Tournament of Roses and I also know a future Chairman of the Tournament of Roses. In conversations I have had with them they traditionally have had Big 10 - Pac 10 match ups. If either of the schools that are the respective conference champions are not playing in the year's national championship game then they will return to tradition. If one or both of them are playing for the national championship in another bowl the door is wide open for them to select a match up. In case of the Rose Bowl this year, assuming USC vs. OSU is the National Championship game, they have the ability to select any two teams that are not obligated to another bowl. Florida, if they win the SEC Championship game, will be headed to the Sugar Bowl. Could the Sugar Bowl select Michigan as an opponent, sure. But the powers at be in New Orleans as well as Pasadena factor several things into the selecting an opponent, such as how well teams travel, past history with the bowl so on and so forth. If I remember correctly the Football committees from each of the BCS bowls get together to try and work out the best scenarios for each bowl, there is some attention paid to the traditional match ups as well as when you last had the National Championship game as well as when you get it next. All of the talking heads are just guessing, it is really up to the bowls in situations like this.

captain planet
11-29-2006, 01:55 PM
BCS Selection Policies and Procedures
34 days ago

Bowl Championship Series Selection Policies and Procedures, 2007-2010 Games:

Automatic Qualification

1. The top two teams in the final BCS Standings shall play in the National Championship Game.

2. The champions of the ACC, Big East, Big Ten, Big 12, Pac-10, and Southeastern conferences will have automatic berths in one of the participating bowls after the 2006 and 2007 regular seasons.

3. The champion of Conference USA, the Mid-American Conference, the Mountain West Conference, the Sun Belt Conference, or the Western Athletic Conference will earn an automatic berth in a BCS bowl game if either:

A. Such team is ranked in the top 12 of the final BCS Standings, or,
B. Such team is ranked in the top 16 of the final BCS Standings and its ranking in the final BCS Standings is higher than that of a champion of a conference that has an annual automatic berth in one of the BCS bowls.

No more than one such team from Conference USA, the Mid-American Conference, the Mountain West Conference, the Sun Belt Conference, and the Western Athletic Conference shall earn an automatic berth in any year. If two or more teams from those conferences satisfy the provisions for an automatic berth, then the team with the highest finish in the final BCS Standings will receive the automatic berth, and the remaining team or teams will be in the pool of teams eligible for selection by the bowls as at-large teams.

4. Notre Dame will have an automatic berth if it is in the top eight of the final BCS Standings.

5. If any of the 10 slots remain open after application of provisions 1 through 4, and an at-large team from a conference with an annual automatic berth for its champion is ranked No. 3 in the final BCS Standings, that team will become an automatic qualifier, provided that no at-large team from the same conference qualifies for the national championship game.

6. If any of the 10 slots remain open after application of provisions 1 through 5, and if no team qualifies under paragraph No. 5 and an at-large team from a conference with an annual automatic berth for its champion is ranked No. 4 in the final BCS Standings, that team will become an automatic qualifier provided that no at-large team from the same conference qualifies for the national championship game.

captain planet
11-29-2006, 01:56 PM
At-Large Teams

If there are fewer than 10 automatic qualifiers, then the bowls will select at-large participants to fill the remaining berths. At at-large team is any Division I-A team that is bowl-eligible and meets the following requirements:

A. Has won at least nine regular-season games, and
B. Is among the top 14 teams in the final BCS Standings.
Note: in order to participate in a BCS Bowl game, a team (i) must be eligible for post-season play under the rules of the NCAA and, if it not an independent, under the rules of its Conference and (ii) must not have imposed sanctions upon itself prohibiting participation in a post-season game for infractions of the rules of the NCAA or the rules of its Conference.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Team-Selection Procedures

The bowls will select their participants from two pools: (1) automatic qualifiers, all of which must be selected, and, (2) at-large teams, if fewer than 10 teams qualify automatically. The following sequence will be used when establishing pairings:

1. The top two teams in the final BCS Standings will be placed in the National Championship Game ("NCG").

2. Unless they qualify to play in the NCG, the champions of selected conferences are contractually committed to host selected games:

Atlantic Coast Conference-Orange Bowl
Big Ten Conference-Rose Bowl
Big 12 Conference-Fiesta Bowl
Pac-10 Conference-Rose Bowl
Southeastern Conference-Sugar Bowl

3. If a bowl loses a host team to the NCG, then such bowl shall select a replacement team from among the automatic-qualifying teams and the at-large teams before any other selections are made. If two bowls lose host teams to the NCG, each bowl will get a replacement pick before any other selections are made. In such case, the bowl losing the No. 1 team gets the first replacement pick, and the bowl losing the No. 2 team gets the second replacement pick. If the Rose Bowl loses both the Big Ten and Pac-10 champions to the NCG, it will receive two replacement picks.

A bowl choosing a replacement team may not select any of the following:

A. A team in the NCG;
B. The host team for another BCS Bowl;
C. When two bowls lose host teams, then the bowl losing the number one team may not select a replacement team from the same Conference as the number two team, unless the bowl losing the number two team consents.

4. Any bowl with an unfilled slot shall select a team from the automatic qualifiers and/or at-large teams in the following order:

A. The bowl played on the date nearest to the National Championship Game in will pick first-in 2007, Sugar Bowl January 3;
B. The bowl played on the date second-nearest to the National Championship Game will pick second-in 2007, Orange Bowl January 2;
C. The bowl hosting the game that is played in the time slot immediately after the Rose Bowl game will pick third-in 2007, Fiesta Bowl.

The rotation noted in paragraphs A, B and C will be as follows:
January 2007 games: Sugar, Orange, Fiesta
January 2008 games: Orange, Fiesta, Sugar
January 2009 games: Fiesta, Sugar, Orange
January 2010 games: Orange, Fiesta, Sugar

All teams earning automatic berths must be selected. No more than two teams from any single Conference may play in BCS games in a single year, regardless of whether they are automatic qualifiers or at-large picks.

5. After completion of the selection process as described in Paragraph Nos. 1-4, the Conferences and Notre Dame may, but are not required to, adjust the pairings taking into consideration the following:

A. whether the same team will be playing in the same bowl game for two consecutive years;
B. whether two teams that played against one another in the regular season will be paired against one another in a bowl game;
C. whether the same two teams will play against each other in a bowl game for two consecutive years; and
D. whether alternative pairings may have greater or lesser appeal to college football fans as measured by expected ticket sales for the bowls and by expected television interest, and the consequent financial impact on Fox and the bowls.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conference Automatic Qualification in Future

Mathematical standards of performance will be applied to determine the number of conferences whose champions will automatically qualify for a BCS game after the 2008 and 2009 regular seasons. The champions of no fewer than five conferences and no more than seven conferences will have annual automatic berths in the BCS bowl games.

The standards will be based on results from the 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007 regular seasons, using institutions that are members of the conferences during the 2007 season.

The data will include the following for each conference (1) the ranking of the highest-ranked team in the final BCS standings each year, (2) the final regular-season rankings of all conference teams in the computer rankings used by the BCS each year and (3) the number of teams in the top 25 of the final BCS standings each year.

Conference agreements with bowls will continue. The Pac-10 and Big Ten champions will host the Rose Bowl if their teams are not in the BCS national championship game. Likewise, the Southeastern Conference champion will host the Sugar Bowl, ACC champion will host the Orange Bowl and Big 12 champion will host the Fiesta Bowl.

shepherd
11-29-2006, 02:02 PM
:confused: Man, I got a headache trying to figure that one out. And I'm a lawyer dontchano! :confused:

captain planet
11-29-2006, 02:04 PM
:confused: Man, I got a headache trying to figure that one out. And I'm a lawyer dontchano! :confused:
No kidding, it hurt to read it. Do you think it is possible for them to make it any more complex to figure out?

My favorite part is how they make special exceptions for notre lame. Get in a conference already:mad:

shepherd
11-29-2006, 02:08 PM
My favorite part is how they make special exceptions for notre lame. Get in a conference already:mad:

I saw that. I thought it was a joke at first. (well, I guess it is, huh? :rolleyes: )

captain planet
11-29-2006, 02:36 PM
Here’s a projection of how the BCS bowls will look:

Fiesta Bowl — Oklahoma (Big 12) vs. Boise State (at-large)

Orange Bowl — Georgia Tech (ACC) vs. Florida (at-large)

Sugar Bowl — Arkansas (SEC) vs. Louisville (Big East)

Rose Bowl — Michigan (at-large) vs. Notre Dame (at-large)

BCS championship game — Ohio State (Big Ten) vs. USC (Pac-10)

The bowls aren’t inclined to make rematches, but the Rose Bowl may be tempted to take Notre Dame, which lost 47-21 to Michigan in September. The Irish haven’t played in the Rose Bowl since 1925.

— Associated Press

I just saw this on-line. Uh, is it just me, or is this the worst pairings of teams for the bowl games? I know this is just a projection, but michigan vs. notre lame rematch? Who wants to see that? Ark vs. Louisville? Florida vs. Ga Tech? :mad: Yea, that one is regional, but who cares! How about this. Fla vs. mich, Ark vs. Ga. Tech, Louisville vs. notre dame. There that sounds much better.

Maristar210
11-29-2006, 03:01 PM
Here’s a projection of how the BCS bowls will look:

Fiesta Bowl — Oklahoma (Big 12) vs. Boise State (at-large)

Orange Bowl — Georgia Tech (ACC) vs. Florida (at-large)

Sugar Bowl — Arkansas (SEC) vs. Louisville (Big East)

Rose Bowl — Michigan (at-large) vs. Notre Dame (at-large)

BCS championship game — Ohio State (Big Ten) vs. USC (Pac-10)

The bowls aren’t inclined to make rematches, but the Rose Bowl may be tempted to take Notre Dame, which lost 47-21 to Michigan in September. The Irish haven’t played in the Rose Bowl since 1925.

— Associated Press

I just saw this on-line. Uh, is it just me, or is this the worst pairings of teams for the bowl games? I know this is just a projection, but michigan vs. notre lame rematch? Who wants to see that? Ark vs. Louisville? Florida vs. Ga Tech? :mad: Yea, that one is regional, but who cares! How about this. Fla vs. mich, Ark vs. Ga. Tech, Louisville vs. notre dame. There that sounds much better.

Oh crap - I agree with CP, now what?

BIGBADBLUE
11-29-2006, 03:39 PM
M210 - This is like twice in the past couple days that you are agreeing with CP. This is a bad precident. The sad part is that he is kinda making sense to me also. CP must becoming more intellegent and drifting away from his OSU roots. No way a OSU fan says 2 intellegent things in a week. It is just no possible!!!

I will be upset if UM plays ND. That is totally lame. I would like to see either Florida or LSU.

captain planet
11-29-2006, 05:02 PM
M210 - This is like twice in the past couple days that you are agreeing with CP. This is a bad precident. The sad part is that he is kinda making sense to me also. CP must becoming more intellegent and drifting away from his OSU roots. No way a OSU fan says 2 intellegent things in a week. It is just no possible!!!

I will be upset if UM plays ND. That is totally lame. I would like to see either Florida or LSU.
Wow guys, that cuts deep. :( I told you I was a reasonable guy and a good sports fan, I just get a little crazy the week before "the game". I actually find it impressive that two michigan fans see this possible bowl match-up the way that I do. I'm with you guys, who wants to see michigan and nd again?:confused: What a waste. It makes me not very excited about the up and coming bowl season, especially the big bowl games (except OSU of course8p ).

trickskier
11-29-2006, 06:13 PM
USA Today is still projecting that Florida will play Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl. The ONLY way Arkansas gets to taste Sugar is if they win the SEC Championship Game Saturday. GO GATORS!!!!

BIGBADBLUE
11-29-2006, 06:32 PM
Wow guys, that cuts deep. :( I told you I was a reasonable guy and a good sports fan, I just get a little crazy the week before "the game". I actually find it impressive that two michigan fans see this possible bowl match-up the way that I do. I'm with you guys, who wants to see michigan and nd again?:confused: What a waste. It makes me not very excited about the up and coming bowl season, especially the big bowl games (except OSU of course8p ).

Love ya CP ... except for about 7 days every year!!!!

I am stuck in the O'Hara airport for the past 7 hours. I just saw a couple all decked out in ND gear. I asked them what their thoughts are about them deserving a BCS bid. They responded by saying ND just had 2 off days and ND is the best team in the country. Barf #1 They then went on to say that their schedule was very difficult as all their games are rivelry (sp?) games? Barf #2 (wish UM had the marines every year as a game ... oh wait, meant Navy.) They then went on to say that ND was being $crewed because they may not get a rematch in the Rose bowl. Barf #3

What makes ND fans even MORE dillusional than the rest of us? Must be the given right thing. ND gets in a conference and they get exposed for what they really are ... a team that only plays 1-2 tough games every year and are not all that good.

Sorry for the rant ... I am just bored in the airport with nothing else to do. Anyone got any new picture of the 214? :)

shepherd
11-29-2006, 06:41 PM
I actually find it impressive that two michigan fans see this possible bowl match-up the way that I do.

Make that 3 of us. I'm with you on the bowl matchups CP. Though my preference would be for Michigan to play:

a. Ohio State (rematch!, I know... not going to happen, but I still think we have at least the 2nd best team in the country).
b. USC (go UCLA!)
c. Florida

these aren't predictions, just my preferences.

trickskier
11-30-2006, 09:55 PM
Hey Footr,
What size shirt do you wear?

shepherd
12-02-2006, 08:33 PM
GO ARKANSAS!!!

Sodar
12-02-2006, 09:06 PM
I hate my life right now!! To have those cross town f@gs win pisses me off! Oh well, at least USC is young and will be back at it next year!

FIGHT ON!!!

shepherd
12-02-2006, 09:54 PM
Well, I guess we'll see you guys in the Rose Bowl. That should be a good game.

BIGBADBLUE
12-03-2006, 09:48 AM
Will be interesting to see what happens today in the BCS. I think UF deserves a shot at OSU but man Urban Meyer is a whiner. If I was a UF fan I woulod be really disappointed in how he comes across. He needs to start acting like a big time coach ... he has now left Utah and needs to realize that.

Interesting fact that the odds makers in Vegas make UM a 6 point favorite vs. UF on a nuetral field. If they were picking the 2nd best team in the country they would pick UM, however, UF will leap frog UM because of BCS politics. Sad thing is that I agree ... UM had their shot and lost.

Interesting poll from the Cleveland paper in which team would give OSU a better chance of winning and the answer was ... UF.

For me ... I think we are religated to the Rose Bowl against USC. Bummer for the 46,000 LSU fans that bought Rose Bowl tickets. I would have rather played LSU than USC.

Do we need a playoff or what?

TMCNo1
12-03-2006, 10:08 AM
Looks like Wake Forest is going to the Orange Bowl after defeating Georgia Tech in Jacksonville yesterday and taking the ACC title. The campus is covered in toilet paper again!

trickskier
12-03-2006, 03:30 PM
Looks like Wake Forest is going to the Orange Bowl after defeating Georgia Tech in Jacksonville yesterday and taking the ACC title.
And an unknown kid from Jacksonville named Riley Skinner is becoming a bigtime player!

trickskier
12-03-2006, 03:31 PM
GO ARKANSAS!!!
Not this TIME!!! GATORS 38 hogs 28

trickskier
12-03-2006, 03:39 PM
Sorry, guys just a little excited....My son and I just got back from Atlanta. What a GREAT game by the GATORS!!! SEC CHAMPIONS OH MY!!!

BIGBADBLUE
12-03-2006, 04:28 PM
Interesting ... here are Carr's comments on the BCS at his weekly show:

"I think it's going to be a great controversy, I don't care who gets selected," Carr said, "because I just think that based on some of the comments the Florida coach has made in the last two weeks -- campaigning strenuously for a berth in the championship game -- and making some statements about Michigan that I think were inappropriate.

"That certainly is going to stir a controversy and who knows what that's going to lead to."

Carr has handled this very appropriately. Says a lot about the program he runs. I like it. I still think UF should get a shot, however, do not like Urban's comments and the way he handled it. Bush league!!!

Chief
12-03-2006, 07:39 PM
Urban Myer is a goof, how smug can that f$%ker be when he was asked if he and his team knew that USC lost. I think the gators would be right where they are with Zook.

Urban Myer is a no class act with his whining.

Chief
12-03-2006, 07:40 PM
Time to go watch the BCS selection. :)

GO IRISH!

P-hat_in_Cincy
12-03-2006, 08:14 PM
hehe...GATOR MEAT!

trickskier
12-03-2006, 08:53 PM
"I think it's going to be a great controversy, I don't care who gets selected," Carr said, "because I just think that based on some of the comments the Florida coach has made in the last two weeks -- campaigning strenuously for a berth in the championship game -- and making some statements about Michigan that I think were inappropriate.

So what exactly did Meyer say that was so inappropriate about Michigan? Carr should be specific if he is going to make statements like that. Maybe he was the one that was stirring the pot......

trickskier
12-03-2006, 08:58 PM
Urban Myer is a goof, how smug can that f$%ker be when he was asked if he and his team knew that USC lost. I think the gators would be right where they are with Zook.

Urban Myer is a no class act with his whining.

Yeah, and Spurrier was arrogant, so what, that's all part of being a Gator. You're either a Gator or you're Gator Bait. The Gators played the toughest schedule in the nation and deserve to be in the National Championship Game.

trickskier
12-03-2006, 09:07 PM
hehe...GATOR MEAT!

Well I guess it's down to you, CP, & me......:D

Chief
12-03-2006, 09:15 PM
Yeah, and Spurrier was arrogant, so what, that's all part of being a Gator. You're either a Gator or you're Gator Bait. The Gators played the toughest schedule in the nation and deserve to be in the National Championship Game.

Spurrier was a razor with his words. No playing dumb with him, he would have made a comment like: "They wanted the rose bowl, they earned it".

No doubt they deserve it, they are just lucky they have a guy with twelve foot arms to block field goals. :D

BIGBADBLUE
12-03-2006, 09:19 PM
I think they got it right. On a neutral field the OSU/UM might have been different ... that is another argument. UF will get crushed by OSU and be very exposed. One thing is true ... the BCS did NOT pick the second best team they picked the best match-up which they should have done given the system

I think UM will struggle a lot with USC and the secondary will be exposed as well. UM always struggles against USC.

trickskier
12-03-2006, 09:26 PM
Spurrier was a razor with his words. No playing dumb with him, he would have made a comment like: "They wanted the rose bowl, they earned it".

No doubt they deserve it, they are just lucky they have a guy with twelve foot arms to block field goals. :D

You don't remember Spurrier very well. Comments like FSU stands for free shoes U. Or when the Gators won 4 straight SEC Championships he told reporters that they were there for their annual team photo. He certainly would have said something far more critical than anything Meyer has said......:D

Chief
12-03-2006, 09:28 PM
I think they got it right. On a neutral field the OSU/UM might have been different ... that is another argument. UF will get crushed by OSU and be very exposed. One thing is true ... the BCS did NOT pick the second best team they picked the best match-up which they should have done given the system

I think UM will struggle a lot with USC and the secondary will be exposed as well. UM always struggles against USC.

Hopefully UM will study the film from the beavers and bruins. I only wish ND could have made a stand. Maybe they should hire the bruins' defensive coordinator and maybe stop someone!

This may be the first time I have ever pulled for UM, but I hope the trojans get it real bad!

Chief
12-03-2006, 09:31 PM
You don't remember Spurrier very well. Comments like FSU stands for free shoes U. Or when the Gators won 4 straight SEC Championships he told reporters that they were there for their annual team photo. He certainly would have said something far more critical than anything Meyer has said......:D

As I said, a razor! You also can never forget: "you can't spell Citrus without UT"!

trickskier
12-03-2006, 09:33 PM
As I said, a razor! You also can never forget: "you can't spell Citrus without UT"!

Can't spell OutBack W/O UT either........:D :D

BIGBADBLUE
12-03-2006, 09:39 PM

Agreed. Spurrier at least was upfront and blunt. That is why we love him. "You can not spell oUTback without UT. Urban just came across Bush league.

P-hat_in_Cincy
12-03-2006, 09:42 PM
The Buckeye fan in me is real happy that UM doesn't get their rematch. I love the fact they have to wait a year to get their next shot at us. :D

I like the freshness the OSU vs. UF brings to the game, but UF has a tough road ahead of them. The greater Glendale, AZ area is the Buckeyes second home! I think we've been there something like the last 4yrs?

I'm biased against ND, but they don't deserve a major bowl...but the love affair lives on I guess. :o

The boys will have to shake off all the award ceremony (Heisman) indulgences and +7 week layoff rust for 1.8.07, but here's to 13-0! :toast:

P-hat_in_Cincy
12-03-2006, 09:46 PM
Agreed. Spurrier at least was upfront and blunt. That is why we love him. "You can not spell oUTback without UT. Urban just came across Bush league.

Things have become 'PC'. Heck, Tressel didn't even vote in the coaches poll...I guess to not fuel the other teams fire? Maybe it's just strategy, which he's good at, but Woody Hayes probably would jump at a chance to vote against UM. :D

BIGBADBLUE
12-03-2006, 09:48 PM
I guarentee both Bo and Woody would have voted against each other and then held a news conference to tell everyone about it ... gotta love it!!!

BIGBADBLUE
12-03-2006, 09:52 PM
ND is 11th and they get a BCS. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID. They played a couple teams but tell me again who they beat? ahh ... nobody!!!

P-hat_in_Cincy
12-03-2006, 10:03 PM
I guarentee both Bo and Woody would have voted against each other and then held a news conference to tell everyone about it ... gotta love it!!!

ND is 11th and they get a BCS. STUPID, STUPID, STUPID. They played a couple teams but tell me again who they beat? ahh ... nobody!!!

Trying to resist...feeling moment of weekness...resist...resist...

"I AGREE WITH YOU...TWICE!"

ahhh shewt...:D

BIGBADBLUE
12-03-2006, 10:06 PM
hehehehe ... that was good P-hat. Dang, I was laugh with you not at you. Strange feeling.

Bobby
12-03-2006, 10:45 PM
i just wish that the refs hadnt screwed OU in the oregon game and we had finished the second half of the game against texas, then OU would get a shot at tOSU with a healthy Adrian Peterson.

if 'ifs' and 'buts' were candy and nuts....

shepherd
12-03-2006, 11:26 PM
Good column by Gene W. at ESPN.com. Some excerpts:

A rematch, this time on a neutral field, would have been a game for the ages. And if you threatened to take away his precious sweater vest if he didn't tell the truth, I bet you Buckeyes' coach Jim Tressel would rather play Florida than have to face the Wolverines again.

And look at the one loss each suffered by Florida and Michigan on their schedules. You tell me which defeat was more impressive: the Gators' 10-point road loss to an Auburn team that finished the season No. 9 in the BCS standings? Or the Wolverines' three-point road loss to an Ohio State now favored to win the national championship?

And the BCS penalized Michigan twice for being on the wrong end of the calendar: once when USC moved to No. 2 after beating Notre Dame (even though Michigan beat the Irish worse), and now, when Florida overtook the Wolverines (even though U of M's season ended two weeks ago). ... How can you call it a quasi-playoff when Michigan drops twice in the standings without losing a game?

It's kind of ironic that Florida's only championship came on a rematch of a game against FSU, which they lost earlier in the season... :cool:

Chief
12-04-2006, 06:18 AM

Sat, Sep 2Vanderbilt (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/vva)W 27-7 (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/recap?gid=200609020029) Sat, Sep 9Central Michigan (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/ccg)W 41-17 (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/recap?gid=200609090029) Sat, Sep 16at (2) Notre Dame (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/nnx)W 47-21 (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/recap?gid=200609160104) Sat, Sep 23Wisconsin (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/wwo)W 27-13 (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/recap?gid=200609230029) Sat, Sep 30at Minnesota (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/mmn)W 28-14 (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/recap?gid=200609300031) Sat, Oct 7Michigan State (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/mml)W 31-13 (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/recap?gid=200610070029) Sat, Oct 14at Penn State (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/ppb)W 17-10 (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/recap?gid=200610140034) Sat, Oct 21Iowa (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/iig)W 20-6 (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/recap?gid=200610210029) Sat, Oct 28Northwestern (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/nnv)W 17-3 (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/recap?gid=200610280029) Sat, Nov 4Ball State (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/bba)W 34-26 (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/recap?gid=200611040029) Sat, Nov 11at Indiana (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/iie)W 34-3 (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/recap?gid=200611110027)-- Sat, Nov 18at (1) Ohio State (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/oob)L 39-42 (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/recap?gid=200611180033)

Sat, Sep 2at Georgia Tech (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/ggc)W 14-10 (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/recap?gid=200609020004)-- Sat, Sep 9(19) Penn State (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/ppb)W 41-17 (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/recap?gid=200609090104)-- Sat, Sep 16(11) Michigan (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/mmk)L 21-47 (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/recap?gid=200609160104)-- Sat, Sep 23at Michigan State (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/mml)W 40-37 (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/recap?gid=200609230030)-- Sat, Sep 30Purdue (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/ppj)W 35-21 (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/recap?gid=200609300104)-- Sat, Oct 7Stanford (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/sss)W 31-10 (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/recap?gid=200610070104)-- Sat, Oct 21UCLA (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/uua)W 20-17 (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/recap?gid=200610210104)-- Sat, Oct 28at Navy (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/nna)W 38-14 (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/recap?gid=200610280102)-- Sat, Nov 4North Carolina (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/nnl)W 45-26 (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/recap?gid=200611040104)-- Sat, Nov 11at Air Force (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/aab)W 39-17 (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/recap?gid=200611110087)-- Sat, Nov 18Army (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/aaq)W 41-9 (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/recap?gid=200611180104)-- Sat, Nov 25at (3) USC (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/teams/uub)L 24-44 (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/recap?gid=200611250062)

Neither schedule a real uphill battle. Mich big games: ND, Wisconsin, Penn St., Michigan St., Iowa, OSU 5-1 ND big games: GT, Penn St., Michigan, Purdue, UCLA, USC: 5-2

P-hat_in_Cincy
12-04-2006, 08:14 AM
"The BCS wheel of fortune spun to a halt Sunday night. Its ruling: Ohio State vs. Florida.

Two mammoth programs. Two vociferous fan bases. Big Ten vs. SEC. It’s all there.

But I don’t hold out much hope for the Gators. Too much Troy Smith. Too much Jim Tressel. Too much suffocating defense. Too much — period.

Ohio State by two touchdowns. This is the Year of the Buckeye. That’s been my story most of this season — and I’m sticking to it — despite the way good fortune seems to be breaking for the Gators."

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16023293/

trickskier
12-04-2006, 09:39 AM
I love how everyone is already counting the Gators out. They may not have blown the competition away but they found a way to win 12 games playng the toughest schedule in the nation. The week before McFadden ran for 182 yds on 21 carries against LSU who had the #1 run defense. McFadden only gained 73 yds on 21 carries against the Gators. I do believe this is going to be a good game against two quality teams. The good news is the Gators are going to have some time to heal before the BIG GAME.

Florida's Special Teams also blocked 8 punts this year........

GO GATORS!!!!

jbfootin
12-04-2006, 11:11 AM
I want to see OSU, UM and WI all win, and the Big Ten will have 3 teams in the top 5 of the final standings!:D

And they question the strength of schedule in the Big Ten?!?!?!:cool:

Bruce
12-04-2006, 11:49 AM
Let's see: Auburn beats #2 Fla and #4 LSU goes 10 and 2 and does not get a BCS bowl? 2003 Auburn goes undefeated and is left out of Championship game. SEC?

trickskier
12-04-2006, 11:53 AM
It's kind of ironic that Florida's only championship came on a rematch of a game against FSU, which they lost earlier in the season... :cool:

That game was prior to the BCS System. The rematch came about because Florida was the SEC Champs and were automatic to the Sugar Bowl at that time.

P-hat_in_Cincy
12-04-2006, 12:41 PM
I don't believe this is going to be a good game against two quality teams.

Is that a mistype? Explain please.

OSU fans know all about winning a championship ugly. It was 2002/2003.

I'm happy to be playing UF just because it feels 'clean'...from a Buckeye perspective.

Maristar210
12-04-2006, 12:43 PM
interesting tidbit:

Ohio State's Bowl History vs. the SEC

2001 Outback: South Carolina 31, Ohio State 28
2000 Outback: South Carolina 24, Ohio State 7
1996 Citrus: Tennessee 20, Ohio State 14
1995 Citrus: Alabama 24, Ohio State 17
1992 Citrus: Georgia 21, Ohio State 14
1989 Hall of Fame: Auburn 31, Ohio State 14
1977 Sugar: Alabama 35, Ohio State 6

Now Im not an oldtimer or a guru, so I dont know if Auburn was always in the SEC or some technicality like that.

But Ohio State is 0-7 vs. the SEC in Bowl Games lifetime

Take it for what it's worth...Just a comment

Anyone have a spread yet? Not that I won any money taking Michigan +7 betting AGAINST OSU before?;) ;)

Bruce
12-04-2006, 01:09 PM
Great info Maristar. The long standing problem is that there is so much parity in the SEC that we beat each other up and rarely get to play in a national championship When a team does go 12-o like Auburn did in 2003 and still get screwed out of a shot you wonder why. Then there is Notre Dame who gets "special exceptions" The system sucks. The best bet is a playoff system and that is not without its problems.

trickskier
12-04-2006, 01:40 PM
Is that a mistype? Explain please.

OSU fans know all about winning a championship ugly. It was 2002/2003.

I'm happy to be playing UF just because it feels 'clean'...from a Buckeye perspective.

Yeah, fingers faster than brain.....I corrected it thanks!!!

trickskier
12-04-2006, 01:44 PM
interesting tidbit:

I hope the Gators can keep up the SEC Winning Tradition........That's encouraging, thanks Steve!!

cbryan70
12-04-2006, 01:54 PM
GO BUCKS!! and nebraska! haha to bad nebraska has fallen off they are my team, i miss the option

LakePirate
12-04-2006, 01:56 PM
interesting tidbit:

Now Im not an oldtimer or a guru, so I dont know if Auburn was always in the SEC or some technicality like that.

But Ohio State is 0-7 vs. the SEC in Bowl Games lifetime

Take it for what it's worth...Just a comment

Anyone have a spread yet? Not that I won any money taking Michigan +7 betting AGAINST OSU before?;) ;)

Auburn has been in the SEC since 1933.

If you want to add a couple of out of conference games osu is 0-9 in their last 9 meetings vs. SEC schools.

trickskier
12-04-2006, 02:04 PM
Here's an interesting story about graduation rates of student athletes.

www.jacksonville.com/apnews/stories/120406/D8LQ5TM02.shtml

P-hat_in_Cincy
12-04-2006, 02:28 PM
Here's an interesting story about graduation rates of student athletes.

www.jacksonville.com/apnews/stories/120406/D8LQ5TM02.shtml

No mention of UF?

trickskier
12-04-2006, 02:30 PM
No mention of UF?

No, but they did mentioned OSU......

Faded & X9-Rated
12-04-2006, 02:31 PM
GO GATORS!!!

We want to see a matchup between Conference Champs, not the conference champs & the runner up

A second place team from the Big 11 doesn't deserve a spot in the championship!

trickskier
12-04-2006, 02:34 PM
GO GATORS!!!

We want to see a matchup between Conference Champs, not the conference chumps & the runner up

AMEN BROTHER!!! Where are the rest of the GATOR FANS??

Maristar210
12-04-2006, 03:40 PM
I don't know if I can take a months worth of this crap but on January 8 I think OSU wins, but barely.

The bookmaker at one of the prominent casinos in vegas was asked if Michigan were to play Florida (if USC would have won) what would the spread be?

His reply?

Michigan favored by six.

Interesting food for thought.

In any case unranked Indiana hung with OSU this year so save your "were the best ever" comments cause, OSU you are not even close. you are three points and one personal foul call from sitting on the sidelines at the Rose Bowl. Man how easy the buck fans forget.....

Let the "yeah but were here and your'e not" drunken stupor comments begin to roll in but lets at least wait until after five, after all this is a family site.:D

Ric
12-04-2006, 03:55 PM
I don't know if I can take a months worth of this crap but on January 8 I think OSU wins, but barely.

The bookmaker at one of the prominent casinos in vegas was asked if Michigan were to play Florida (if USC would have won) what would the spread be?

His reply?

Michigan favored by six.

Interesting food for thought.

In any case unranked Indiana hung with OSU this year so save your "were the best ever" comments cause, OSU you are not even close. you are three points and one personal foul call from sitting on the sidelines at the Rose Bowl. Man how easy the buck fans forget.....

Let the "yeah but were here and your'e not" drunken stupor comments begin to roll in but lets at least wait until after five, after all this is a family site.:D Steve this may be one of your most well put-together and coherent posts to date. well done sir

BIGBADBLUE
12-04-2006, 03:57 PM
GO GATORS!!!

We want to see a matchup between Conference Champs, not the conference champs & the runner up

Exactly what I have been saying. They did not pick the #2 team in the nation they picked the PC team. Deserve a SPOT you say? No one with one loss deserves a spot, period, end of story. UM is a better team no ifs and or butts.

As I have said I think the BCS did get it right. UM had a shot a lost at OSU. On an neutral field that game would have been MUCH different. UF not the #2 team just the next team in line.

P-hat_in_Cincy
12-04-2006, 04:16 PM
so save your "were the best ever" comments cause, OSU you are not even close.

Let the "yeah but were here and your'e not" drunken stupor comments begin to roll in but lets at least wait until after five, after all this is a family site.:D

I don't recall anyone saying OSU was the best ever, but we bettered every team we played this year.

Chief
12-04-2006, 04:35 PM
BOISE ST. UNDEFEATED WHY NOT THEM. THEY HAVE A GOOD TEAM! BATTLE OF THE UNDEFEATED'S, THAT'S HOW IT SHOULD BE.

trickskier
12-04-2006, 04:38 PM
BOISE ST. UNDEFEATED WHY NOT THEM. THEY HAVE A GOOD TEAM! BATTLE OF THE UNDEFEATED'S, THAT'S HOW IT SHOULD BE.

I believe their schedule was about as weak as Notre Dames.....LOL :D

Chief
12-04-2006, 04:40 PM
They still are undefeated, no oopp's in their play.

trickskier
12-04-2006, 04:44 PM
Exactly what I have been saying. They did not pick the #2 team in the nation they picked the PC team. Deserve a SPOT you say? No one with one loss deserves a spot, period, end of story. UM is a better team no ifs and or butts.

As I have said I think the BCS did get it right.

I disagree, Florida beat 9 out of 10 bowl eligible teams and won their conference. They also have 1 more win than Michigan. Michigan is a great team no doubt, but Michigan should have never leap froged Florida in the polls to begin with. Hopefully, the Gators will silence all critics Jan. 8th.

It's GREAT to be a F-L-O-R-I-D-A GATOR!!!!

trickskier
12-04-2006, 04:45 PM
They still are undefeated, no oopp's in their play.

Wake Forest would be undefeated if they played that schedule.....

Chief
12-04-2006, 04:51 PM
Wake Forest would be undefeated if they played that schedule.....

Undefeated in 1A is undefeated in 1A football. If they are worthy of being in a 1A division and a BCS berth as undefeated they why not for all the marbles. I am not a Boise St. fan, but what can ya say. I believe Boise St. can hang with the best also. Whoever picked their color of playing surface should be hung though.

trickskier
12-04-2006, 05:13 PM
Undefeated in 1A is undefeated in 1A football. If they are worthy of being in a 1A division and a BCS berth as undefeated they why not for all the marbles. I am not a Boise St. fan, but what can ya say. I believe Boise St. can hang with the best also. Whoever picked their color of playing surface should be hung though.

So why do they only rank the top 25?

Ric
12-04-2006, 05:39 PM
Let's get it right guys, it's the Bowl Division and the Championship Division ok?

Bruce
12-04-2006, 06:46 PM
Ric
PM coming to you.

Maristar210
12-04-2006, 07:18 PM
Steve this may be one of your most well put-together and coherent posts to date. well done sir

Thank you Ric

It remains to be seen if the best team and second best team are even in the big 10. While it is certainly admirable that OSU beat Texas it's luster was lost and soon as the Aggies dropped Texas a few weeks later, makes you say hmmmm??? Perhaps the three best teams in the country are Auburn, Florida and OSU. I saw the highlights from Indiana and OSU and remember thinking "this OSU team is far from perfect".

A split in the big ten to allow a big 10 championship game is a step in the right direction meanwhile the overzealous OSU fans have choked on thier waffles for decades so thier exhuberance is as overdue as a John Cooper haircut.

Steve

Chief
12-04-2006, 07:50 PM
:) So why do the only rank the top 25?

Good fing question, I'm sure you can answer it since you have the answer to all the other questions in the universe!:) :)

Bruce
12-04-2006, 07:56 PM
Steve very objective view. I agree on perhaps the 3 best teams. The only problem I see is that you are confusing this thread with logic and common sense.

Maristar210
12-04-2006, 07:58 PM

Boise States coach Chris Peterson himself voted Boise State number 8 in the country. Now if your own coach doesn't have the audacity to vote them #2 then how on earth would you expect the rest of the coaches to? BTW Bill Callahan from Nebraska and Indiana's coach both voted them number 6 so who the hell knows.

Steve

Chief
12-04-2006, 08:06 PM
Boise States coach Chris Peterson himself voted Boise State number 8 in the country. Now if your own coach doesn't have the audacity to vote them #2 then how on earth would you expect the rest of the coaches to? BTW Bill Callahan from Nebraska and Indiana's coach both voted them number 6 so who the hell knows.

Steve

I was just poking at Tricky because he loves his gators sooo much. If Boise St. can't help themselves then who will.

Maristar210
12-04-2006, 08:21 PM
I was just poking at Tricky because he loves his gators sooo much. If Boise St. can't help themselves then who will.

I see, got it.

So I see Dantonio goes from Cincy to Michigan State and then Brian Kelley goes from Central Michigan to Cincy. Now I hear Schiano is talking to the big U?

trickskier
12-04-2006, 08:31 PM
I was just poking at Tricky because he loves his gators sooo much.

I love the Gators as much as you love the Irish. :D