PDA

View Full Version : Official: "Its College Football Season" Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42]

lda6339
01-04-2018, 12:23 AM
UCF claims a national title and I’m honestly okay with it. What say you guys?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CantRepeat
01-04-2018, 05:47 AM
lol, they are undefeated against teams that have 3 or more losses. They beat the #7 team by 7 points who were a 3 loss team. They beat one team in the top 20 before the bowl game.

You don't beat one team and get to claim anything.

captain planet
01-04-2018, 06:08 AM
UCF claims a national title and I’m honestly okay with it. What say you guys?

I'm fine with it. They are undefeated and beat the team that beat both teams in the final, both of which have a loss.

UCF 2107 Co-national Champs!

CantRepeat
01-04-2018, 07:50 AM
I'm fine with it. They are undefeated and beat the team that beat both teams in the final, both of which have a loss.

UCF 2107 Co-national Champs!

Just like Wisconsin should have been in it last year over the suckeyes. At least they probably wouldn't have lost 31 to 0. So take Clemson and UCF this year and it would have probably been a worse loss then the suckeyes last year.

The suckeyes and UCF would have had something in common. A team that shouldn't have been in the playoffs.

I can see where you'd be ok with that so long as it tries to bring Bama and the SEC down.

It warms my heart!

Loewen
01-04-2018, 09:02 AM
Just like Wisconsin should have been in it last year over the suckeyes. At least they probably wouldn't have lost 31 to 0. So take Clemson and UCF this year and it would have probably been a worse loss then the suckeyes last year.

The suckeyes and UCF would have had something in common. A team that shouldn't have been in the playoffs.

I can see where you'd be ok with that so long as it tries to bring Bama and the SEC down.

It warms my heart!

There's one in every crowd... and you're the one.

CantRepeat
01-04-2018, 09:23 AM
There's one in every crowd... and you're the one.

https://i.imgflip.com/1d3zhp.jpg

stuartmcnair
01-04-2018, 09:47 AM
I think it's great. Those kids worked as hard as any other and they did all they could do. It's not their fault they don't play anybody all year so they should not be punished. I hope they enjoy their parade and get a nice ring out of it.

"Co-National Champs" is a bit far-fetched though...

CantRepeat
01-04-2018, 12:00 PM
Seriously, all anyone needs to do is look at Notre Dame's undefeated 2012 season and what happen to them in the BCS game to get an idea what would happen to UCF.

ND played a stronger schedule that year then UCF has ever played but neither team should have been in a playoff spot nor a title game.

dvsone79
01-04-2018, 12:39 PM
UCF “claims” a national championship? That’s precious.

93Prostar190
01-04-2018, 01:20 PM
UCF had a nice run ... but they should not be considered Co-National champs ... they just did not play a good enough schedule to make that claim.

I do believe that if in today's College Football in Division I, you can run the table, you should be able to get a shot at the playoff ..... but we will need more than 4 slots to ever make that happen.

Good publicity for UCF and I am happy for them ... let's see if Frosty can recruit all the way to the Heartland ....

captain planet
01-04-2018, 04:33 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/1d3zhp.jpg

It pretty much means your a front running bandwagon fan that has absolutely NO ties to the state of alabama or the school goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about their football team, in this case one that everybody is tired of just like in the 90's early 00's everybody was tired of USC......which you were probably of fan of then since that is where you originate and you are a bandwagon fan. Be grateful the Buckeyes weren't in the playoffs, because when they are, alabama loses.

Go Dawgs.

CantRepeat
01-04-2018, 05:11 PM
Be grateful the suckeyes weren't in the playoffs, because when they are, Alabama loses.

Go Dawgs.

I don't have to be grateful. It's because of Alabama that the suckeyes weren't in the playoffs!!! Moreover, when the suckeyes are in the playoffs they suffer a 31 - 0 loss; the worst loss in the College Football Playoff history!!!

Bandwagon!!!

MC25
01-04-2018, 05:14 PM
UCF claiming the ďco-National championshipĒ is as cute as CP claiming the suckeyes would beat Bama lol

TayMC197
01-04-2018, 06:27 PM
It pretty much means your a front running bandwagon fan that has absolutely NO ties to the state of alabama or the school goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on about their football team, in this case one that everybody is tired of just like in the 90's early 00's everybody was tired of USC......which you were probably of fan of then since that is where you originate and you are a bandwagon fan. Be grateful the Buckeyes weren't in the playoffs, because when they are, alabama loses.

Go Dawgs.

You mean like last year when the suckeyes made the playoffs and were blown out like Michigan state the year before? Big 10 playoff legacy is on a role.

Now I will agree this isn't Bama's greatest year. I felt they were a much better team last year but to say the didn't deserve a shot a in the playoffs isn't fair. Again look at Ohio States entrance in the 2014 playoff's. Everyone felt they didn't deserve it then and look what happened.

MC25
01-04-2018, 07:38 PM
You mean like last year when the suckeyes made the playoffs and were blown out like Michigan state the year before? Big 10 playoff legacy is on a role.

Now I will agree this isn't Bama's greatest year. I felt they were a much better team last year but to say the didn't deserve a shot a in the playoffs isn't fair. Again look at Ohio States entrance in the 2014 playoff's. Everyone felt they didn't deserve it then and look what happened.

Hate Alabama more than Ohio state, and I fully agree with this

captain planet
01-04-2018, 07:43 PM

Oh relax. I've said the Buckeyes didn't deserve to be in the playoffs as long as JT was running the show. I'm just saying this to mess with Mr. Bandwagon.

CantRepeat
01-04-2018, 08:01 PM
Oh relax. I've said the Buckeyes didn't deserve to be in the playoffs as long as JT was running the show. I'm just saying this to mess with Mr. Bandwagon.

Well, both you and the suckeyes have failed again!

93Prostar190
01-04-2018, 10:29 PM
JT’s legacy is pretty good CP, doesn’t his track record matter?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

lda6339
01-05-2018, 01:05 AM
I’m pretty young but old enough to remember when the reason for making the playoffs was so teams like ‘07 Boise State would get a shot at the ring. This held true when they let Washington in but imho they fell short of that this year by keeping UCF out.

But at the same time whats frustrating about that though is that there is no team that made the playoffs that I’d swap UCF for, which brings us back to the need for more teams in the playoff which of course is a “Stop stop its already dead” topic- no need to keep beating it. Either way, I think UCF claiming the natty could help expand the playoff, and no one beat them so I’m fine if they wanna claim it. Auburn losing sure didn’t make the SEC look good.

CantRepeat
01-05-2018, 06:57 AM
The CFP wasn't designed to give marginal teams that play weak schedules a shot at a ring.

It was designed so the 4 best teams in country, regardless of conference, as seen by the committee, would play for a National Title.

captain planet
01-05-2018, 07:07 AM
Hmm, according to this alabama has claimed a national title at least twice when they weren't crowned. They claim 16 titles but the NCAA only acknowledges 14.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21954302/ucf-not-first-school-call-national-champion

UCF 2017 National Champions

Go Dawgs

captain planet
01-05-2018, 07:17 AM
JT’s legacy is pretty good CP, doesn’t his track record matter?

He is a smart QB, but he just doesn't have the arm. How many times have you seen receivers open downfield have to wait on the ball because he can't get it there and they get tackled instead of scoring? Last season we barely beat meatchicken because of his inability to throw the ball downfield. His legacy is great because he was there for 4 years with one of the best coaches in college football and he isn't good enough to go play on Sundays. I appreciate what he did, but it was frustrating to know that #7 was on the bench and could have taken this team farther this season. I think the Buckeyes won the 2014 National Championship because Cardale Jones can actually deliver the ball downfield accurately and in stride. If not for Jones, OSU doesn't beat alabama in that game.

CantRepeat
01-05-2018, 07:40 AM
Hmm, according to this alabama has claimed a national title at least twice when they weren't crowned. They claim 16 titles but the NCAA only acknowledges 14.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21954302/ucf-not-first-school-call-national-champion

Go Dawgs

Alabama is the worst violator of the we're-champs-cause-we-said-so tradition. The Tide claim 16 national titles, but the NCAA only acknowledges 14. Both Alabama and Notre Dame claim the 1973 national title, but the UPI Coaches' Poll awarded its title to the Tide before the Sugar Bowl, where they lost to, yep, Notre Dame.

You mean the UPI Couches' Poll awarded the title to the Alabama Crimson Tide? Got ya.

If you're tired of hearing about Alabama's dominance for the last 10 years I suggest you stop watching college football or coming to this thread. You'll probably have better luck getting ron paul elected. Oh wait, another lost cause on your end!!

Maristar210
01-05-2018, 09:29 AM
You mean the UPI Couches' Poll awarded the title to the Alabama Crimson Tide? Got ya.

If you're tired of hearing about Alabama's dominance for the last 10 years I suggest you stop watching college football or coming to this thread. You'll probably have better luck getting ron paul elected. Oh wait, another lost cause on your end!!

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAA

captain planet
01-05-2018, 09:30 AM

I wouldn't mind hearing about it if it were from someone that either is from alabama, or attended the university. Hearing this from a bandwagon transplant is nothing but hot air.

Go Dawgs.

CantRepeat
01-05-2018, 09:55 AM
I wouldn't mind hearing about it if it were from someone that either is from alabama, or attended the university. Hearing this from a bandwagon transplant is nothing but hot air.

Go Dawgs.

I'm glad it bothers you and it warms my heart to hear you say so. :D

Trying to nullify the facts is the new way to deal with your loss. I think you might be a fake news and Trump supporter after all. I might have to call paul and let him know you have more in common with the Republicans then first thought.

captain planet
01-05-2018, 10:06 AM
I'm glad it bothers you and it warms my heart to hear you say so. :D

Trying to nullify the facts is the new way to deal with your loss. I think you might be a fake news and Trump supporter after all. I might have to call paul and let him know you have more in common with the Republicans then first thought.

Honestly your ramblings on here don't bother me a bit. Your fake fandom is just something I find amusing and the seriousness with which you conduct that fakeness is just something I like to point out from time to time. Like Carlin, any group/person that takes themselves a little to seriously I like to point out for entertainment sake.

I'm not exactly sure what 'my loss' is, but I'll let you have it.

CantRepeat
01-05-2018, 10:09 AM
Honestly your ramblings on here don't bother me a bit. Your fake fandom is just something I find amusing and the seriousness with which you conduct that fakeness is just something I like to point out from time to time. Like Carlin, any group/person that takes themselves a little to seriously I like to point out for entertainment sake.

I'm not exactly sure what 'my loss' is, but I'll let you have it.

UCF 2017 National Champions #fakenews \\

Ah now the deescalation with the passive aggressive behavior technique oh I was only kidding.

#bandwagon - I now have a Calvin Ridley and a Riley Ridley jersey so I can change to which ever team wins!!!

captain planet
01-05-2018, 10:25 AM
\\

Ah now the deescalation with the passive aggressive behavior technique oh I was only kidding.

#bandwagon - I now have a Calvin Ridley and a Riley Ridley jersey so I can change to which ever team wins!!!

Oh, I'm not kidding. I find the basis for your 'fandom' and the verbosity with which you conduct it ridiculous. But, it doesn't bother me. The absurdity of it I find it entertaining as I'm sure others here do as well.

Hey, keep buying all that alabama stuff, it helps keep the economy going.

Your welcome for OSU not being in the playoffs by the way. Because of it you were able to get past the first round.

Since you labeled me as a 'neocon', I'll use one of their tactics. Repeat a lie until it becomes the accepted truth.

MC25
01-05-2018, 10:54 AM
Okay ladies....

captain planet
01-05-2018, 10:54 AM
Okay ladies....

....that's funny. 8p

maxpower220
01-05-2018, 02:14 PM
The CFP wasn't designed to give marginal teams that play weak schedules a shot at a ring.

It was designed so the 4 best teams in country, regardless of conference, as seen by the committee, would play for a National Title.

The CFP was designed to make more money. Nothing more.

CantRepeat
01-05-2018, 02:18 PM
The CFP was designed to make more money. Nothing more.

And there is a crap ton of it being made.

CantRepeat
01-05-2018, 02:21 PM
Oh, I'm not kidding. I find the basis for your 'fandom' and the verbosity with which you conduct it ridiculous. But, it doesn't bother me. The absurdity of it I find it entertaining as I'm sure others here do as well.

Hey, keep buying all that alabama stuff, it helps keep the economy going.

Your welcome for OSU not being in the playoffs by the way. Because of it you were able to get past the first round.

Since you labeled me as a 'neocon', I'll use one of their tactics. Repeat a lie until it becomes the accepted truth.

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/98/206636171_0021c26a2e_m.jpg

93Prostar190
01-08-2018, 10:52 AM
This thread is too quiet!
Big game tonight .... I think it is going to be Epic, but St. Saban may cement his legacy tonight with the Win over the Dawgs.
Although, love the FRomm kid ..... wonder how he holds up!

Good luck to both sides.

CantRepeat
01-08-2018, 01:37 PM
I'll probably be heading to bed about the time the game comes on. Mostly likely get up around 5ish to watch the recording.

Bama
01-08-2018, 02:58 PM
I'm on the Auburn campus today. Of course I am wearing my Bama gear. Seems like most people around here are pulling for Alabama. It should be a great game, any way you slice it the SEC wins.

MC25
01-08-2018, 03:02 PM
I'm on the Auburn campus today. Of course I am wearing my Bama gear. Seems like most people around here are pulling for Alabama. It should be a great game, any way you slice it the SEC wins.

Bet youíre getting a lot of this

Bama
01-08-2018, 03:26 PM
Bet youíre getting a lot of this

LOL, you nailed it.

captain planet
01-08-2018, 05:02 PM

You will never have anyone on Ohio State campus pull for meatchicken if they were ever to get in a championship game.......ever.

MC25
01-08-2018, 05:27 PM
You will never have anyone on Ohio State campus pull for meatchicken if they were ever to get in a championship game.......ever.

How would you even know lol

captain planet
01-08-2018, 05:29 PM
How would you even know lol

Or in Columbus, or in Canton, or in Akron, etc. Only in the toledo area will you find Ohioans who will root for meatchicken......and toledo is....well, we refer to it as 'little de-toilet'.

CantRepeat
01-08-2018, 06:16 PM

Why would anyone care who a non factor team like the suckeyes pull for?

93Prostar190
01-08-2018, 06:18 PM

Are you sure?

I would pull for Michigan over USC ... or Notre Dame for instance.

asbestos underwear is on, let me have it ... ;)

93Prostar190
01-08-2018, 07:33 PM
Why would anyone care who a non factor team like the suckeyes pull for?

I remember a semi final that we were a factor ......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lakedrum03
01-08-2018, 07:53 PM
Are you sure?

You may be exiled from Ohio, pending official review by the Ohioans Board Of and For Awesomeness.

CantRepeat
01-08-2018, 08:56 PM
I remember a semi final that we were a factor ......

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4 years ago and you've not been a factor since! Case closed! Well, there is that 31-0 beat down you took.

dvsone79
01-08-2018, 09:23 PM

Thatís not a good comparison. Alabama and Auburn are in state rivals. Is there any other halfway decent football programs in Ohio? I canít think of one. Guess you guys are in the same predicament as Tennessee and LSU. No in state rivals. Although TN/Vandy has been a rivalry lately...

93Prostar190
01-08-2018, 09:46 PM
4 years ago and you've not been a factor since! Case closed! Well, there is that 31-0 beat down you took.

Save the no longer a factor crap for Oregon

TLR67
01-08-2018, 09:53 PM

Just like you guys are getting now!:D

93Prostar190
01-08-2018, 09:53 PM
Great game so far, plenty of football left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Maristar210
01-08-2018, 10:10 PM
Who the **** is this hood rat half time *******?

moosehead
01-08-2018, 10:52 PM
Major gamble taking out Hurts.

MC25
01-09-2018, 12:09 AM
Dang lol

lda6339
01-09-2018, 12:15 AM
RAMMER JAMMER YELLOW HAMMER GIVE EM HELL ALABAMA

Bama
01-09-2018, 02:44 AM
The Tide keeps Rolling. That was a hell of a ball game. Gotta hand it to the freshmen and Nick for having monster balls.

CantRepeat
01-09-2018, 05:34 AM
Just like you guys are getting now!:D

Good morning!! I just finished watching the game.

What a great come back by Tua and the Alabama Crimson Tide!!

CantRepeat
01-09-2018, 05:59 AM
Save the no longer a factor crap for Oregon

I have to grind it in so CP understands it. You know how hard headed he is. :D

93Prostar190
01-09-2018, 06:10 AM
5 in 9 years. Damn! Congrats to Bama! and hats of the Georgia for a great game.
Great job Tide! National Champs.

jsx30
01-09-2018, 06:25 AM
I'm not a Georgia fan or an Alabama fan. Both teams will played a great game. But, I do have to say that Bama got away with murder in this game. Missed personal foul calls and missed false start calls helped them win the game. I feel sorry for Georgia...they got screwed...

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/1/8/16866514/georgia-alabama-referees-missed-calls-national-championship-facemask

jsx30
01-09-2018, 06:40 AM
Funny stuff...if you have instagram or twitter and don't follow these guys you are missing out...

https://t.co/BUgKkH2a0N

CantRepeat
01-09-2018, 06:43 AM
The personal foul on Fromm should have been called. The face mask wasn't intentional but they got a way with that one for sure. Would these have made the difference in who won? No one can say.

But, the confetti hasn't even been cleaned up yet so let's not Monday morning the game!!! lol

93Prostar190
01-09-2018, 06:51 AM
Tua Tagovailoa joins Cardale Jones as the second quarterback in four years to lead his team to a College Football Playoff national championship game win without starting a game during the regular season.

captain planet
01-09-2018, 07:28 AM
Are you sure?

With all due respect, you couldn't be more wrong as an Ohio State fan. There is NO circumstance when you, as an OSU fan should pull for meatchicken, ever, ever, ever. The condition doesn't exist. If meatchicken were playing Russia, I'd root for Russia.

And for the record, when meatchicken plays noter dame, there is no winner.

captain planet
01-09-2018, 07:30 AM
Tua Tagovailoa joins Cardale Jones as the second quarterback in four years to lead his team to a College Football Playoff national championship game win without starting a game during the regular season.

Jalen Hurts is bama's JT Barrett, can't win the big one.

captain planet
01-09-2018, 07:30 AM
RAMMER JAMMER YELLOW HAMMER GIVE EM HELL ALABAMA

Is this an actual thing that is said or did you make it up?

nevermind, I found the book reference.

JohnE
01-09-2018, 07:39 AM
It's bad when I'm watching the game last night wondering what the comments today here will be.....even worse when I already know.:D:D:D

Maristar210
01-09-2018, 08:35 AM
What an incredible game. Gotta tip your cap to Alabama, they have had an incredible run.

......and the BUCKEYES STILL SUCK ***

moosehead
01-09-2018, 10:36 AM
First the Falcons collapse, then the Bulldogs. GA football has to be feeling blue.

Congrats to Bama. Wildly impressive.

jharmon203
01-09-2018, 11:01 AM
Kudos to Saban for making the move in the second half at the biggest stage. There is absolutely no way we would see that happen with Meyer. Even if the backup beats your rival when you are down.

OSU is still very fortunate to have Meyer has a head coach and I wouldn't trade him for Saban just because there are traits I value in Meyer over winning. However, now you have a quarterback battle next year. I am curious to see how it goes.

I didn't watch a single snap, just reading some of the aftermath. Curious to know the ratings on this one for ESPN.

It seems like Bama got away with quite a bit. It's especially sad to see when a player actually makes a really good play and it gets called back (offside call). Phenomenal read by 87.

Bama won the final game, which is the one we count. So sure give them the crown. However, what would the game be like in two weeks? Or three weeks? Or next week? I feel like it's a game of rock paper scissors that the SEC is playing. Auburn kills georgia, Auburn beats Bama, Bama doesn't go to title, Georgia kills Auburn, Bama "beats" Georgia. If this were a math problem, who gets the crown lol.

Timr71
01-09-2018, 11:21 AM
I didn't watch a single snap, just reading some of the aftermath. Curious to know the ratings on this one for ESPN.

From sportsmediawatch.com:

Mondayís Alabama-Georgia College Football Playoff National Championship had a 16.7 overnight rating across the ESPN family of networks, up 9% from last year (15.3) and up 4% from 2016 (16.0), both of which pit Alabama against Clemson. ESPN alone posted a 16.0.

Compared to the previous all-SEC national championship, Alabama-LSU in 2012, overnights jumped 21% from a 13.8.

The 16.7 overnight is the highest for the national championship since the first year of the playoff, Ohio State-Oregon in 2015 (18.9), and the second-highest since the game moved to ESPN in 2011.

All-time, Alabama-Georgia is tied for ninth among national championship games since the formation of the Bowl Championship Series.

The Tideís overtime win peaked early, hitting an 18.4 from 9:45-10 PM ET as Georgia opened a 13-0 lead. During the overtime period from 12-12:15 AM, it had a 17.1.

Timr71
01-09-2018, 11:23 AM
It seems like Bama got away with quite a bit. It's especially sad to see when a player actually makes a really good play and it gets called back (offside call). Phenomenal read by 87.

Oh, and if you want this play called correctly...there was pre-snap motion. The block still wouldn't have counted. Should have been false start Bama, move the ball back 5 yards and kick. But, what do you expect out of the B1G officiating crew? ;)

Bama
01-09-2018, 11:39 AM
Had the shoe been on the other foot and Alabama had led the ball game and Georgia had come from behind and won all the Bama haters would be talking about how awesome Georgia was. Yeah there were some missed calls but they were on both sides of the ball. Had Georgia won I would say they were the better team but Alabama didn't quit and for their effort they are now the 2018 National Champions. So I have two words for the Alabama haters out there.
SUCK IT!

ord27
01-09-2018, 11:49 AM
I hate Bama. I hate the SEC
I also don't think that Bama should have been in the playoffs....#3 un their own division
I almost had to turn the volume off because of the obvious bias from the announcers. My kids even mentioned it before I said anything
I think that the kid that threw the punch should have been ejected. I also think that Saban should have made him sit in the locker room without a jersey on

I think Bama, like the Patriots, get calls or no calls in their favor. It doesn't always happen, but it happens more for them than others

I had tickets to this game, but sold them after OU lost to Georgia

having said all of that

I was highly entertained by the entire playoff season. Great games, great stories....etc
It was fun to see 2 freshman QB's go at it. I was kinda rooting for the kid that came off the bench and led his team to a win. Great story.....but I hate Bama :-)

CantRepeat
01-09-2018, 12:05 PM
I also don't think that Bama should have been in the playoffs....#3 un their own division
I almost had to turn the volume off because of the obvious bias from the announcers. My kids even mentioned it before I said anything
I think that the kid that threw the punch should have been ejected. I also think that Saban should have made him sit in the locker room without a jersey on

I think Bama, like the Patriots, get calls or no calls in their favor. It doesn't always happen, but it happens more for them than others

I had tickets to this game, but sold them after OU lost to Georgia

having said all of that

I was highly entertained by the entire playoff season. Great games, great stories....etc
It was fun to see 2 freshman QB's go at it. I was kinda rooting for the kid that came off the bench and led his team to a win. Great story.....but I hate Bama :-)

Your hate blinds you but it warms my heart like no tomorrow!!

edit - gotta add, you hate Bama and you hate the SEC when in fact you should hate your team. They are they ones that let you down.

dvsone79
01-09-2018, 12:05 PM
Kudos to Saban for making the move in the second half at the biggest stage. There is absolutely no way we would see that happen with Meyer. Even if the backup beats your rival when you are down.

OSU is still very fortunate to have Meyer has a head coach and I wouldn't trade him for Saban just because there are traits I value in Meyer over winning. However, now you have a quarterback battle next year. I am curious to see how it goes.

What is it exactly you value over winning? Iíd trade any football coach for Saban in a heartbeat. Best coach in football by far (NFL and NCAA). Look at the way Jalen handled being benched in the second half (if that ever happened to Baker Mayfield he would have pitched a fit). Watch how humble Tao was in the post game interviews. You think those kids just became/stayed like that on their own? Thatís good coaching. He not only wins, but he makes his players better athletes and better people. Iím no tide fan, but Nick is possibly the best football coach of all time.

Bama
01-09-2018, 12:11 PM
Your hate blinds you but it warms my heart like no tomorrow!!

Well said CR.

lda6339
01-09-2018, 12:50 PM
Is this an actual thing that is said or did you make it up?

nevermind, I found the book reference.

Its an actual thing. I’d tell you to ask all the Bama fans on this thread about it but they didn’t go there so they wouldn’t know lol. Roll Tide.

jsx30
01-09-2018, 12:55 PM
What is it exactly you value over winning? I’d trade any football coach for Saban in a heartbeat. Best coach in football by far (NFL and NCAA). Look at the way Jalen handled being benched in the second half (if that ever happened to Baker Mayfield he would have pitched a fit). Watch how humble Tao was in the post game interviews. You think those kids just became/stayed like that on their own? That’s good coaching. He not only wins, but he makes his players better athletes and better people. I’m no tide fan, but Nick is possibly the best football coach of all time.

I agree that Saban is a great (maybe the best ever) coach. I also think he's able to not recruit problems. I'm guessing that Hurts and Tua are already good kids and don't need to be taught how to not act like idiots on national TV. It will be interesting to see what happens with Mekhi Brown. I'm not sure how much saban knew of what was happening but watching it on tv, the kid at least should have been sent to the locker room. Instead he came back in and played after his tantrum. I'm wondering what the resolution will be. I don't think Saban can let that go unanswered and maintain control of the team...

Ski-me
01-09-2018, 01:12 PM
^^ Brown is the one that was throwing a big stink?? The one who looked like he charged the coach and was going to hit him?? What's his deal anyways? Just a tantrum?!?

On another note, wow the Bama quarterback interview. What a humble, Godly guy! Did not want to brag in any way.....just super happy!

Black Ďn Green
01-09-2018, 02:00 PM
Nick can’t be happy about the video of Bo yelling “F*&#k Trump” during the walk back to the locker room during pregame. Politicizing the Bama Process? This and the tantrum on the sidelines are not the type of things you see or hear of on a Saban team. More life coaching to come for these two players.

CantRepeat
01-09-2018, 02:15 PM
FFS - win another National Title and all people can talk about is trump, some kid that got mad, tons of missed calls, and you name anything else you'd like to name.

From this point forward, the College Football Playoffs will be known as:

The Alabama Crimson Tide Invitational!!!!

2RLAKE
01-09-2018, 02:29 PM
OK here is my view

Bama won ... right or wrong the 4 team playoff is the process and Bama/Gerogia both played a terrific game last night ... ultimately Bama won

The Crimson Tide are the National Champs ... period

Next season starts in what 8 months?

Timr71
01-09-2018, 02:46 PM
Great story.....but I hate Bama :-)

Many haters aren't so good at counting (or spelling).

Alabama finished tied for 1st in the SEC West and lost the tie breaker (head-to-head) to Auburn. That dropped them down to 2nd in the SEC West.

But, what the hey? Never let actual facts get in the way of a good rant, right?

Just for giggles (or additional info) Alabama, Georgia, and Auburn all finished with 7-1 records in SEC play. And yet, you and other anti-pundits seem to think that that somehow separates them.

Have a good day. Oh, and this "lack of national appeal" argument doesn't hold up when it's the 2nd highest rated game on ESPN, ever.

MC25
01-09-2018, 03:05 PM
Many haters aren't so good at counting (or spelling).

Alabama finished tied for 1st in the SEC West and lost the tie breaker (head-to-head) to Auburn. That dropped them down to 2nd in the SEC West.

But, what the hey? Never let actual facts get in the way of a good rant, right?

Just for giggles (or additional info) Alabama, Georgia, and Auburn all finished with 7-1 records in SEC play. And yet, you and other anti-pundits seem to think that that somehow separates them.

Have a good day. Oh, and this "lack of national appeal" argument doesn't hold up when it's the 2nd highest rated game on ESPN, ever.

Hit him hard for fat fingering the U instead of the I..... lol.

What do 97% of Alabama fans have in common?

03 35th Anniversary
01-09-2018, 03:26 PM

What do 97% of Alabama fans have in common?

The same Uncle Daddy????

MC25
01-09-2018, 03:31 PM
The same Uncle Daddy????

*air high five*

Hahahahaha

Timr71
01-09-2018, 03:37 PM

Ha ha...agreed...typo. Sorry.

Forrest-X45
01-09-2018, 04:10 PM
OK here is my view

Bama won ... right or wrong the 4 team playoff is the process and Bama/Gerogia both played a terrific game last night ... ultimately Bama won

The Crimson Tide are the National Champs ... period

Next season starts in what 8 months?

Ahh...Co-National Champs. The fine folks in Florida say otherwise so we have Co Champions this year. :rolleyes:

93Prostar190
01-09-2018, 04:33 PM
FFS - win another National Title and all people can talk about is trump, some kid that got mad, tons of missed calls, and you name anything else you'd like to name.

From this point forward, the College Football Playoffs will be known as:

The Alabama Crimson Tide Invitational!!!!

This hurts a little bit as I type it .... but I laugh and agree with your name of the CFP ..

The Bama Invitational ... makes sense.

For those folks bringing up some missed calls ... .... any Coach worth his weight will tell you, win the game and don't put it into the ref's hands. Bad calls are part of the game and both teams need to overcome them.

I think I even saw Nick smile for a bit yesterday .... good for him. He should smile he has a Freshman turning into a Sophmore which is the new Slinger from the Big Island.

captain planet
01-09-2018, 09:12 PM
What is it exactly you value over winning? Iíd trade any football coach for Saban in a heartbeat. Best coach in football by far (NFL and NCAA). Look at the way Jalen handled being benched in the second half (if that ever happened to Baker Mayfield he would have pitched a fit). Watch how humble Tao was in the post game interviews. You think those kids just became/stayed like that on their own? Thatís good coaching. He not only wins, but he makes his players better athletes and better people. Iím no tide fan, but Nick is possibly the best football coach of all time.

Uh...no. He tried the NFL and was below .500. Best coach in college..perhaps. Best in the sport is Belichick, period.

captain planet
01-09-2018, 09:15 PM
Ahh...Co-National Champs. The fine folks in Florida say otherwise so we have Co Champions this year. :rolleyes:

That's right! :)

UCF Co-National Champions

MC25
01-09-2018, 09:17 PM
Uh...no. He tried the NFL and was below .500. Best coach in college..perhaps. Best in the sport is Belichick, period.

Oddly agree even though heís a cheater lol

CantRepeat
01-10-2018, 07:05 AM

5 national titles = 9 years (6 titles total)

5 super bowls = 16 years

Just like all the others, your hate blinds you.

edit - let me add this so CP can ignore the facts and focus on something else in this post.

Saban was with in 1 second of having 7 titles in the last 9 years. For the rest of you haters, that is complete dominance of a sport like NO other coach in history!

What do 97% of all non Alabama fans have in common. HATE!!

Maristar210
01-10-2018, 08:11 AM

5 super bowls = 16 years

edit - let me add this so CP can ignore the facts and focus on something else in this post.

Saban was with in 1 second of having 7 titles in the last 9 years. For the rest of you haters, that is complete dominance of a sport like NO other coach in history!

He does make a great point CP...... and the Buckeyes suck

jsx30
01-10-2018, 08:14 AM

I would not have answered "hate"....I would have answered "not marrying close relatives"...

jsx30
01-10-2018, 08:15 AM
Prime example of the above...

Maristar210
01-10-2018, 08:17 AM
Prime example of the above...

That was his girlfriend. This is Alabama not Kentucky or West Virginia.

CantRepeat
01-10-2018, 08:29 AM

girlfriend, sister, same samie GI!! :D

jsx30
01-10-2018, 09:36 AM

We may have Kentucky and West Virginia beat...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/01/09/alabama-man-accused-sexually-molesting-horse.html

stuartmcnair
01-10-2018, 09:47 AM
Nick canít be happy about the video of Bo yelling ďF*&#k TrumpĒ during the walk back to the locker room during pregame. Politicizing the Bama Process? This and the tantrum on the sidelines are not the type of things you see or hear of on a Saban team. More life coaching to come for these two players.

Bo said F--- Georgia. Not Trump.

moosehead
01-10-2018, 10:05 AM
What do 97% of all non Alabama fans have in common.

Uh, they do not have to live in Alabama?

I kid, I kid.

CantRepeat
01-10-2018, 11:16 AM
Nick can’t be happy about the video of Bo yelling “F*&#k Trump” during the walk back to the locker room during pregame. Politicizing the Bama Process? This and the tantrum on the sidelines are not the type of things you see or hear of on a Saban team. More life coaching to come for these two players.

Bo said F--- Georgia. Not Trump.

Clearly it's **** georgia, but none the less, it's not very professional of him but I get it. Moreover, I couldn't tell who said it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sha0FqZI7fc

MC25
01-10-2018, 12:29 PM
Clearly it's **** georgia, but none the less, it's not very professional of him but I get it. Moreover, I couldn't tell who said it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sha0FqZI7fc

How are ďGeorgiaĒ and ďtrumpĒ interchangeable words in any form of English? That was 10000% trump. There was no G or A annunciation lol

93Prostar190
01-10-2018, 12:31 PM
He does make a great point CP...... and the Buckeyes suck

I would love to be your boat driver ..... I would be as smooth as a Harbaugh press conference.

CantRepeat
01-10-2018, 12:43 PM
How are “Georgia” and “trump” interchangeable words in any form of English? That was 10000% trump. There was no G or A annunciation lol

Either way, it's good in my book!! But, yeah, on second and third listen it does sound more like trump.

MC25
01-10-2018, 12:50 PM
Either way, it's good in my book!!

As with any entertainer (sports included) I watch for entertainment value. Donít care what your opinion is on literally anything. I donít even care if you want to comment on what you think about the weather.... just do what youíre being paid (or free school) to do. Nothing else.

Maristar210
01-10-2018, 12:56 PM
I would love to be your boat driver ..... I would be as smooth as a Harbaugh press conference.

Or as convenient as an Urban Meyer health issue.

CantRepeat
01-10-2018, 01:06 PM
Or as convenient as an Urban Meyer health issue.

How many seasons until he leaves the suckeyes in the dust? :D

MMPRES
01-10-2018, 04:20 PM
How many seasons until he leaves the suckeyes in the dust? :D

He did loose his "star" QB. I could see a "heart problem" cropping up again.

03 35th Anniversary
01-10-2018, 04:24 PM

5 super bowls = 16 years

I bet getting a championship on the college level and a Super Bowl on the professional level is like comparing apples to oranges.

I would really like to see the Cleveland Browns play Alabama just to give people a frame of reference on this. BTW, I donít think it would workout as well as the Alabama fans would like to believe.

Iím not saying that Saben isnít a great coach either, cause he definitely is. But he couldnít perform at that next level where the Bilichick is winning at right now.

CantRepeat
01-10-2018, 04:32 PM
I bet getting a championship on the college level and a Super Bowl on the professional level is like comparing apples to oranges.

I would really like to see the Cleveland Browns play Alabama just to give people a frame of reference on this. BTW, I donít think it would workout as well as the Alabama fans would like to believe.

Iím not saying that Saben isnít a great coach either, cause he definitely is. But he couldnít perform at that next level where the Bilichick is winning at right now.

Well, if you put Saban's two years against Belichick's first two years Saban has a better record.

Saban 15W vs 17L

Belichick 13W vs 19L

So numbers to numbers Saban was a better coach. :D

03 35th Anniversary
01-10-2018, 07:45 PM
Well, if you put Saban's two years against Belichick's first two years Saban has a better record.

Saban 15W vs 17L

Belichick 13W vs 19L

So numbers to numbers Saban was a better coach. :D

Good Way To Put It!

For 2 years I guess....

moosehead
01-11-2018, 12:04 AM
I tend to agree with apples to oranges (pro vs college).

Instead, I would put Saban up there with John Wooden as a remarkable leader of young men. Rarified territory for sure.

captain planet
01-11-2018, 06:19 AM

It wouldn't. There is no comparison between the pros and college. The Browns would win by a large margin.

captain planet
01-11-2018, 06:25 AM

5 super bowls = 16 years

You obviously don't read my entire posts and just go to the part that you want to argue with me, so I'll reiterate what I said. Saban is perhaps the best coach in college, but not in the sport. The NFL is the pinnacle of football. The best coach in the pinnacle league is therefore the best coach. The best coach in the pinnacle league is Belichick, therefore he is the best coach in the sport. If you want to go on and argue with this because of how many National title Saban has won or some other bastardized rational, then I will offer you that Larry Kehres from Mount Union was better than Saban because he won 11 National Championships.

Oh, and this last Championship was shared with UCF.

2017 UCF Co-National Champs

CantRepeat
01-11-2018, 06:27 AM
You obviously don't read my entire posts and just go to the part that you want to argue with me

Again, pot meet the kettle.

THAT'S ALL YOU EVER DO!!:rolleyes:

I said it first because that's just what you do, always! 99% of all your post focus on just one thing from a given discussion and it's always something you spin to support your crazy train of thought.

Is UCF co champs with the suckeyes? Because they both didn't make it to this years Bama Invitational!

Bama
01-11-2018, 06:49 AM

I said it first because that's just what you do, always! 99% of all your post focus on just one thing from a given discussion and it's always something you spin to support your crazy train of thought.

Is UCF co champs with the suckeyes? Because they both didn't make it to this years Bama Invitational!

Cut him some slack, after all he is captain of a planet. Not sure which one, but I bet it's Uranus. After all he is full of s#%t.

2RLAKE
01-11-2018, 07:16 AM

Now that was funny .... hello pot meet kettle!

Maristar210
01-11-2018, 08:02 AM
Cut him some slack, after all he is captain of a planet. Not sure which one, but I bet it's Uranus. After all he is full of s#%t.

bwaaaaaaaaaahhhaaaaaaaaa.... Buckeyes suck

CantRepeat
01-11-2018, 08:28 AM
First post season poll and Alabama is back on top!!!

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/page/powerrankings010118/final-power-rankings-alabama-crimson-tide-top-spot

stuartmcnair
01-11-2018, 11:23 AM
How are ďGeorgiaĒ and ďtrumpĒ interchangeable words in any form of English? That was 10000% trump. There was no G or A annunciation lol

funny, I didn't see you there...

MC25
01-11-2018, 11:31 AM
funny, I didn't see you there...

How is that even a valid arguement? Listen to the audio, without your Bama filter, and listen to what he says. There is no annunciation of Georgia in any type of English..

lda6339
01-11-2018, 12:38 PM
I heard Georgia at first, rewinded, heard trump. Now all I hear is trump- that being said, Either way it didn’t need to be said by the player.

CantRepeat
01-11-2018, 01:41 PM
I heard Georgia at first, rewinded, heard trump. Now all I hear is trump- that being said, Either way it didn’t need to be said by the player.

I swear I heard Georgia the first time as well. It was very clear. Then Aric posted so I listened again.

moosehead
01-11-2018, 01:44 PM
F-Trump aint exactly an uncommon phrase.

TyTanium
01-11-2018, 01:50 PM
I hate Bama. I hate the SEC.

Sigh.....I can't believe I'm responding to this. Alabama was not 3rd in their division. They are in the SEC West division. They were tied for 1st in that division with Auburn. Auburn however had the head-to-head tiebreaker, that's why they went to the SEC Championship. How you get 3rd in the SEC West I'll never know. I guess your putting Alabama behind LSU?

Look...the playoff committee has made it clear that the intent is to put the 4 best teams in the playoff. They consider strength of schedule, record, conference championships, etc to determine the best 4 teams. A conference championship is not a requirement though. Think about it...if that were the case, there would never be 2 teams from the same conference even if they were two of the best 4. I'm not making this up, it's on their website.

Ok, you said you don't believe Alabama should be in the top 4. Since you mentioned having kids....let's say your betting your kids future on one football game. You can either have Alabama or any team NOT on the top 4. Who would you pick?

TyTanium
01-11-2018, 01:52 PM
Sorry, I see Tim already said what's in my first paragraph above.

TyTanium
01-11-2018, 02:21 PM

Same for me....Clearly Georgia the first time, then sounded like Trump every subsequent time. Weird.

MC25
01-11-2018, 02:35 PM
Same for me....Clearly Georgia the first time, then sounded like Trump every subsequent time. Weird.

Go back to the YouTube link and listen to it at .5 or .25 speed. You will hear TRUUUMP lol

TLR67
01-13-2018, 09:27 AM
Good morning!! I just finished watching the game.

What a great come back by Tua and the Alabama Crimson Tide!!

Just coming back on here..... Congrats to another good year.... Honestly even from GA I wish it would have been someone else playing you guys... Boring game compared to the Oklahoma Game... Until the end of course...

jsx30
01-15-2018, 05:40 PM
I wonder if this is Saban's answer...

"Transferred"

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/report-alabama-lb-mekhi-brown-restrained-title-game-transferred/

stuartmcnair
01-16-2018, 10:10 AM
I wonder if this is Saban's answer...

"Transferred"

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/alabama-football/report-alabama-lb-mekhi-brown-restrained-title-game-transferred/

i was told that was in the works for a long time. I choose to believe he was scared to death of what was coming is way from Cochran...

TyTanium
01-17-2018, 03:22 AM
i was told that was in the works for a long time. I choose to believe he was scared to death of what was coming is way from Cochran...

The second paragraph in the article below says he applied for transfer (and was accepted) more than a month before the game.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/sports/2018/01/15/alabama-player-who-went-ballistic-sideline-national-championship-enrolled-tennessee-state/1034215001/

CantRepeat
01-17-2018, 09:03 AM
+1 closing in on swim suit thread!!!

CantRepeat
01-21-2018, 07:23 AM
Holy crap!!!

A 2 loss suckeyes ranked higher then the Undefeated UCF?

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/page/powerrankings010118/final-power-rankings-alabama-crimson-tide-top-spot

lda6339
01-22-2018, 02:01 AM
Holy crap!!!

A 2 loss suckeyes ranked higher then the Undefeated UCF?

I am confused I thought UCF won the championship

captain planet
01-22-2018, 07:25 AM
I am confused I thought UCF won the championship

We have co-champs for 2017 season.

lakedrum03
01-22-2018, 07:50 AM

Orlando is not shy about saying they are champs. Even the Chik-fil-a near the university says they were the champs.

CantRepeat
01-22-2018, 10:17 AM

Heads up CP.

To be a National Champion you must first make it to the CFP so it's impossible for the suckeyes and UCF to be co-champs. :D Maybe next year? Well for UCF anyway. We know the suckeyes will have to wait 10 years between titles and 2024 isn't that far off. :D

CantRepeat
02-08-2018, 08:29 AM
A major shift in recruiting this year.

I have to wonder if they volume of recruits that went to Alabama over the last 3 or 4 years has HS seniors going else where to ensure they get playing time before their junior year at Bama.

Lots of top 4 and 5 stars going to both Georgia and Clemson.

CantRepeat
04-21-2018, 09:20 AM
So Jalen's father is quoted as saying that if Jalen isn't the starter he will transfer and be the biggest free agent in college football.

Oh, some Alabama A day game today!

Bama
04-21-2018, 10:54 AM
So Jalen's father is quoted as saying that if Jalen isn't the starter he will transfer and be the biggest free agent in college football.

Yeah I read that. He needs to stay out of it and let Jalen do what he feels is right. There comes a time when you have to let them earn their way. Jalen seems like a good kid, daddy needs to let him grow up. A Jalen , Tua tandem could make for a bad was season.

dvsone79
04-21-2018, 03:26 PM

Auburn should pick him up! Heíd be unstoppable running the zone read in Malzahnís offense.

captain planet
04-21-2018, 07:18 PM
Flags at half mast in Buckeye Nation. :(

RIP Earl Bruce. 5-4-0.

captain planet
04-27-2018, 04:00 PM

CantRepeat
04-29-2018, 08:23 AM
Learn 2 troll!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tU6nXgNU4Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rZ0uBqxl484

CantRepeat
05-08-2018, 11:51 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpYupimFk40

CantRepeat
05-17-2018, 06:27 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EmOQXg_c960

dvsone79
05-17-2018, 12:15 PM
^^^now that is funny! “But he’s not even supposed to be here!” “Why won’t you die?!” LMAO!

captain planet
06-04-2018, 04:48 PM
There is no off season......8p

Maristar210
06-05-2018, 08:23 AM
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

:finger: