PDA

View Full Version : Official: "Its College Football Season" Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

captain planet
09-11-2006, 12:29 PM
HA! He was at the game, but watching how it's supposed to be done!

Alright Maristar210...tell them boys is blue to kick the s@*t out of Notre Dame! I'll be watching and hoping for a Big Ten butt whipping of the 'beloved' ND.
P-hat, I am ashamed of you. Don't you know the rules of being a TRUE Buckeyes fan? I will post them here in a little bit, but on of the rules CLEARLY states that "When michigan playes notre dame, it is MANDATORY to despise both teams. There are NO winners."

O.....H.....I......O

captain planet
09-11-2006, 12:31 PM
Rules for Buckeye Fans:

*Never agree to get married on a Saturday Ohio State is scheduled to
play football. There are typically 40 other freakin' weekends to
choose from...make her/him choose one of those!

*Never attend a wedding during an Ohio State football game unless you
carry a TV......and watch it even during the ceremony.

*It is OK to wear an OSU football jersey even when old....and
fat....and bald. Extra points if you've got an OSU baseball cap on
backwards.

*Always, and I mean ALWAYS, return any "O...H" with a hearty "I...O."
This is true even during funerals, sex, in foreign countries or when
witnessing the birth of your child.

*When Notre Dame plays Michigan, it is mandatory to despise both
teams. There are no winners.

*You despise the following teams, in order: Michigan,ND, USC, Miami
(that's Florida), and Bama

*It is OK to be emotional (and even "tear" up) during the following:
-Script Ohio
-Your child's first Buckeye game
-Carmen Ohio
-During a Tressel speech
-Listening to "What I Want"
-Remembering Woody
-After beating Michigan
-Winning the National Championship
-When NFL Buckeyes state on Monday Night Football that they are
from "THE" Ohio State University.
-Hearing the phrase, "Rest easy Woody, the new man has
arrived."
-Ramp entrance

*It is not cool to make fun of the Neutron Man. Especially now that
he is watching games with Woody.

*Buckeye necklaces must be worn at all times on game day from the
time you leave your place of abode until you return.

*Always take off your hat during Carmen Ohio and physically remove
the hats of anyone in your vicinity who fails to do so.

*Everyone should rush the field after an OSU home victory over
Michigan at least once in their lifetime. (Extra kudos for those of
you who rushed the field at IU and tore down THEIR goalposts a few
years ago...c'mon you know who you are!).

P-hat_in_Cincy
09-11-2006, 12:41 PM
P-hat, I am ashamed of you. Don't you know the rules of being a TRUE Buckeyes fan? I will post them here in a little bit, but on of the rules CLEARLY states that "When michigan playes notre dame, it is MANDATORY to despise both teams. There are NO winners."

O.....H.....I......O

While I despise UM to my core, I will always be a supporter for the Big Ten conference. That, coupled with my extreme hatred of the media's love affair with ND = yes...ahem...a pull for ND to get beat this weekend (and every weekend). O/C the opportunity to pummel Weiss and ND (again) in front of a national audience is appealing.

Sorry to disappoint, but here's to a ND loss this weekend!

Maristar210
09-11-2006, 01:02 PM
Don't Worry P-Hat...If the Weasles can't get it done...State has owned ND for almost a decade now.

OPS,

You are sniffing glue again aren't you?
ND will murder you. I said it here and now. Mark your calendars.

Steve

OhioProstar
09-11-2006, 03:10 PM
"Looks like I picked the wrong week (Season) to stop sniffing glue."

or

"The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy, well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I seen it a hundred times."

GO STATE

Maristar210
09-11-2006, 03:12 PM
"Looks like I picked the wrong week (Season) to stop sniffing glue."

or

"The point is, how do you know the fairy isn't a crazy glue sniffer? "Building model airplanes" says the little fairy, well, we're not buying it. He sneaks into your house once, that's all it takes. The next thing you know, there's money missing off the dresser and your daughter's knocked up, I seen it a hundred times."

GO STATE

What is Tommy Boy?

LOL LOL LOL

OhioProstar
09-11-2006, 03:14 PM
The first one is Airplane.

LakePirate
09-12-2006, 12:30 AM
Went to the Tennessee vs Air Force Game last night and my boys in blue gave the Vols a run for there money! I am active duty here in Knoxville and went to the game with a few co workers. We were the few in blue in a sea of oarnge. It was a great game. A real nail bitter to the end. 4th Qt AF kicks a on side kick and recovers. They travel down feild in a few plays and score to make it 31 to 30 Vols. Faced with the Decision to kick or go for 2 my boys show everyone that they came here to win and they try for 2. Unfortunitly they were stoped. Then they try another onside kick and recover ,but were called offsides. Try it again and finaly Tn. pulled there heads out and recovered. WHAT A Game:eek3: :eek3: :eek3:
I can't wait to see the Fl. Gators stomp the Vols next week.
BTW I am a die hard Gator Fan but also must suport my Air Force Team mates!!

By far the best game of the Day.............

Just watched the game on the replay. Reminds me of 1996 when Georgia Southern ran up over 300 yards against the eventual national champs (some team from gainesville) and in 04 when Georgia Southern gave Georgia all they wanted. Same offense.

Had to say that I was disappointed in the officiating. Looks like the boys from the Mountain West were in over their heads. Slow whistles all night. Nothing but respect for the service academies (Go Navy!) but thought that the AF took some liberties with the late whistles and were a bit shady all together. I was very surprised by this to say the least.

atlfootr
09-12-2006, 10:22 AM
FSU came through .. again :wavey:

noose374
09-12-2006, 11:50 PM
LSU vs. Auburn.

Should be a great game.. I hope the Tigers from Louisiana can pull it off. Both teams look good.

I'm going, is anyone else? I can't belive College Gameday is going to USC instead.

bradamerry
09-13-2006, 09:42 AM
I'm going, is anyone else? I can't belive College Gameday is going to USC instead.
they have to give USC alittle love or they will start crying..

richardsoncd
09-13-2006, 09:48 AM
Just watched the game on the replay. Reminds me of 1996 when Georgia Southern ran up over 300 yards against the eventual national champs (some team from gainesville) and in 04 when Georgia Southern gave Georgia all they wanted. Same offense.

Had to say that I was disappointed in the officiating. Looks like the boys from the Mountain West were in over their heads. Slow whistles all night. Nothing but respect for the service academies (Go Navy!) but thought that the AF took some liberties with the late whistles and were a bit shady all together. I was very surprised by this to say the least.

We had Southern just where we wanted them.....you just worry about October.

LakePirate
09-13-2006, 12:01 PM
We had Southern just where we wanted them.....you just worry about October.

You just keep telling yourself that. :D

You going to stop by our tailgate in Athens?

richardsoncd
09-13-2006, 12:12 PM
You just keep telling yourself that. :D

You going to stop by our tailgate in Athens?

You're not going to believe this, but I'm going to be out of town...long story. But I will still be watching the game in style, don't you worry.

LakePirate
09-13-2006, 12:18 PM
You're not going to believe this, but I'm going to be out of town...long story. But I will still be watching the game in style, don't you worry.

What? I don't believe it.

Do you not coordinate your schedule with the football schedule?

You should come to Mag Mania this weekend.

richardsoncd
09-13-2006, 02:23 PM
What? I don't believe it.

Do you not coordinate your schedule with the football schedule?

You should come to Mag Mania this weekend.

I know, I didn't get my season tickets this year.....had to save for something else if you know what I mean. It was the boat or UGA tickets, plus besides UT, the home schedule isn't too impressive, so we are going to watch the game at the lakehouse on Burton. As for MagMania...I will be at Burton as well this weekend. But Lanier is calling your name.

LakePirate
09-13-2006, 03:03 PM
Any time you want to go Ogre, any time you want to go.

You guys just got you Arses kicked by a bunch of Goddarn nerds.

P-hat_in_Cincy
09-16-2006, 06:11 PM
Well...my Buckeyes woke up a little bit and matched the spread (30pts) and now Michigan is kickin' Notre Dame's @ss! WHOOT!

Get me another marg!

88 PS190
09-16-2006, 07:43 PM
Iowa State took it, that makes me happy.

Good day overall!

shepherd
09-16-2006, 08:30 PM
Go Blue!
Michigan 47, Notre Dame 21
(yeah, I know, we still have to play Ohio State :rolleyes: )

P-hat_in_Cincy
09-16-2006, 09:37 PM
Go Blue!

I was glad to see ND get pounded!

trickskier
09-17-2006, 10:57 AM
GO Gators! FLORIDA 21 TENNESSEE 20

tex
09-17-2006, 11:55 AM
I love any weekend when the Irish get creamed!

Go TCU!

trickskier
09-17-2006, 09:17 PM
Victory at Neyland. Hey LP were you there?

OhioProstar
09-18-2006, 09:52 AM
Go Blue!

Even I was impressed with scUM's performance. Now ND is really going to be pissed coming into East Lansing this weekend. :eek:

GO STATE

LakePirate
09-18-2006, 09:54 AM
Victory at Neyland. Hey LP were you there?

Nope I was north of there at Mag Mania.

Didn't get to see the game, will probably catch the replay on nite this week.

Looks like the SEC is taking over the top 10 in the polls.

Notre Dame - Don't believe the Hype.

Congrats Staristar Steve.

BIGBADBLUE
09-18-2006, 10:36 AM
Go Blue!!!

One game does not a season make, however, it sure is nice to see ND go down in flames. I think MSU is in trouble next weekend ... MSU has been starting slow and ND is not too happy right now.

Great Saturday games!!! Vols go down and ND go down.

eltesoro
09-18-2006, 11:43 AM
The Gators have to travel to God's Country where the Tigers are for real.

WAR EAGLE!

trickskier
09-18-2006, 12:40 PM
The Gators have to travel to God's Country where the Tigers are for real.

WAR EAGLE!

Not looking forward to that one!

eltesoro
09-18-2006, 01:04 PM
It is going to be another battle. Our offense is not stellar, but our D is pretty rugged.

shepherd
09-18-2006, 01:11 PM
Even I was impressed with scUM's performance. Now ND is really going to be pissed coming into East Lansing this weekend. :eek:

GO STATE

Why so bitter about UM OP? They upset you too many times in the past? :rolleyes:

OhioProstar
09-18-2006, 03:59 PM
Why so bitter about UM OP? They upset you too many times in the past? :rolleyes:

I am a little confused at this question. If you are an UoM'r then I would have thought you understood the rivalry.

BIGBADBLUE
09-18-2006, 04:07 PM
But in football is it really a rivalry if one teams dominates the other or is it more of a tough scrimage in which the green teams wins every 6th year?

Just playin ... I never even attended UM, I went to MTU so I have no leg to stand on in anything athletic.

OhioProstar
09-18-2006, 05:08 PM
But in football is it really a rivalry if one teams dominates the other or is it more of a tough scrimage in which the green teams wins every 6th year?

Just playin ... I never even attended UM, I went to MTU so I have no leg to stand on in anything athletic.

Grrrrrrr....Don't remind me. Let's take it to the hardwood. ;)

I actually have quite a few relatives that went to UoM. Personally I grew up a Spartan with both parents, three Aunts, and a Uncle going to State. I went to Miami of Ohio for their business degree, but my blood still runs Green.

Here is the to the FANS!!!!! :toast:

GO STATE!!

shepherd
09-18-2006, 07:57 PM
I am a little confused at this question. If you are an UoM'r then I would have thought you understood the rivalry.

Oh, I understand the rivalry, but not the hate and bitterness ;)
(and yes I did go to UM)

trickskier
09-19-2006, 02:46 PM
T-Shirts Anyone??

LakePirate
09-19-2006, 03:14 PM
T-Shirts Anyone??

I'll take 50 I am out of TP.

trickskier
09-19-2006, 03:38 PM
I'll take 50 I am out of TP.

Pretty expensive TP LP :shocked:

LakePirate
09-19-2006, 04:28 PM
Pretty expensive TP LP :shocked:
I figured they would be handing them out like pez

richardsoncd
09-19-2006, 05:29 PM
How much can they cost with Gators and Vols on them. I'll take 10 for Uga's dawg house:D

BIGBADBLUE
09-20-2006, 03:20 PM
Just got my UM/Wisconsin tickets in the mail for this Saturday. Hope they do not choke after ND.

The papers in Nashville are funny with all the excuses why TN choked in the 2nd half. Bottom line they need a new head coach. Not that Um has a great head coack but at least he has not fallen below .500!!!

LakePirate
09-20-2006, 04:57 PM
Just got my UM/Wisconsin tickets in the mail for this Saturday. Hope they do not choke after ND.

The papers in Nashville are funny with all the excuses why TN choked in the 2nd half. Bottom line they need a new head coach. Not that Um has a great head coack but at least he has not fallen below .500!!!

I would like to thank you for your comment, However wrong it may be.

Just a thought WHO WOULD YOU HIRE TO REPLACE HIM?

These anit-Fulmer comments kill me. Not picking on you Blue but holy cow. It is all Fulmer's fault all the time. He is the reason of the choke. Give me a break. Last time I checked he hasn't taken a snap in quite some time.

You want a reason for the losing season last year? Look at the injured players or others that played hurt all year. I will give you the quarterback debacle but it was all the rage and I blame Sanders for that, he was in fact the quarterback coach.

trickskier
09-20-2006, 04:57 PM
How much can they cost with Gators and Vols on them. I'll take 10 for Uga's dawg house:D

I think that's a good idea wrap uga now with GATOR shirts and let him get use to seeing all that ORANGE & BLUE on top of him.

richardsoncd
09-21-2006, 09:32 AM
38 days and counting brotha'.....:D till we march down to the "neutral" site in Florida(???) For the world's largest cocktail party.

BIGBADBLUE
09-21-2006, 10:24 AM
Lake - No disrespect but come on ... look at the talent and the disipline. That is squarely on the coaches shoulders. Finally this year he is getting tough? UT is starting to look like teams in south Florida in terms of arrests and teams issues. That is a leadership issue, plain and simple. I am not a Fulmer or UT hater just a UM fan that lives in Nashville. With Carr you do not have a great sideline coach (except when Cooper was around) but at least you do not have the issues around the program like Fulmer does.

Just thoughts of a not too smart UM fan.

92 190 PS
09-21-2006, 10:30 AM
Just thoughts of a not too smart UM fan.

Be not afraid not to smart UM fan you have lots of company with most other not so smart UM fans.......

From a smart OSU fan.....:banana:

Sorry couldn't resist........

bcampbe7
09-21-2006, 10:30 AM
...not too smart UM fan.

Kinda redundant, don't ya think? :D

UT fan and Iowa Hawkeye fan here... ;)

OhioProstar
09-21-2006, 10:42 AM
UT is starting to look like teams in south Florida in terms of arrests and teams issues.

B-Cubed has a point. If you look at programs that ran off a number of National Titles (Nebraska, Miami, etc) to only have years of headlines and arrests you will usually find a coach who is willing to put up with problem children that other programs would not keep on the team. While these kids can give quick boasts to programs...they will bring the team down given time.

6ballsisall
09-21-2006, 10:45 AM
This Cornhusker is being awful quiet on this thread........:(

OhioProstar
09-21-2006, 10:51 AM
This Cornhusker is being awful quiet on this thread........:(
Don't get me wrong...both of those schools have a proud tradition. They just let coaches with a "win and any cost" attitude give them bad press.

6ballsisall
09-21-2006, 10:54 AM
Don't get me wrong...both of those schools have a proud tradition. They just let coaches with a "win and any cost" attitude give them bad press.

True.........but trust me when I say NE has nothing else exciting to do other than their college ball.......:rolleyes: I just wish the heritage of NE football would get back on track.......:(

OhioProstar
09-21-2006, 10:59 AM
They will bounce back. I don't think any team travels as well as Nebraska.

6ballsisall
09-21-2006, 11:01 AM
They will bounce back. I don't think any team travels as well as Nebraska.

True........I just miss watching the team I grew up watching.....the baddest in the league!! My family has been season ticket holders for greater than 60 years now. It's a family thang and we miss our team.

LakePirate
09-21-2006, 11:26 AM
UT is starting to look like teams in south Florida in terms of arrests and teams issues.

If you look at programs that ran off a number of National Titles (Nebraska, Miami, etc) to only have years of headlines and arrests you will usually find a coach who is willing to put up with problem children that other programs would not keep on the team. While these kids can give quick boasts to programs...they will bring the team down given time.

OK

Let's look at these statements. Anybody see a trend? All Nationally Recognized teams that are cover by a plethora of media outlets. If one is naive enough to believe that off-field problems only happen at South Florida Schools, Tennessee, Nebraska, etc that is fine. There are issues everywhere there are 18-23 year old kids being treated like rock stars. While most of them only get a mention in the local paper or maybe across the crawler on ESPN News, the Big Schools fall subject to media outlets (espically ESPN) who are trying to make news, not just report it. Tennessee is a prime example of this. How many papers across the state cover Tennessee Football? How many times has ESPN gone after Tennessee either for academic infractions or to report stories that reflect negatively? Sure the Head Coach is ultimately responsible. But when you get into the larger schools, who recruit nationally it is much easier to let a few bad apples into the program.

Should South Carolina fire Spurrier because his starting quarterback got into a bar fight? Georgia's current quarterbacks coach, Mike Bobo couldn't stay out of bar fights as a player at UGA. Should Richt be fired?

It is everywhere. the difference is who covers it and how.

OhioProstar
09-21-2006, 11:47 AM
Sure there are bad apples when recruiting. I believe the difference is that coaches who claim to be "Player's Coaches" always tend to allow the small things to slide....then all of a sudden that behavior snow balls into big problems. I am not just singling out other teams. Look at Michigan State under Bobby Williams. Every day another issue came up, the QB was an addict, the running back got a DUI after dragging a cop who was hangin on the door of the vehicle, etc. It was a mess that killed the program that Saban built to last. The big difference is how do coaches respond with kids get in trouble and break the rules.

east tx skier
09-21-2006, 12:03 PM
Sure there are bad apples when recruiting. I believe the difference is that coaches who claim to be "Player's Coaches" always tend to allow the small things to slide....then all of a sudden that behavior snow balls into big problems. I am not just singling out other teams. Look at Michigan State under Bobby Williams. Every day another issue came up, the QB was an addict, the running back got a DUI after dragging a cop who was hangin on the door of the vehicle, etc. It was a mess that killed the program that Saban built to last. The big difference is how do coaches respond with kids get in trouble and break the rules.

Well, I think we answered that question with the secondary we put up against you guys earlier this month. :o

BIGBADBLUE
09-21-2006, 01:46 PM
You know what depresses me is that we are talking about College Football which means my ski season is coming to an end. Do not get me wrong, I love college football but it depresses me to think my season is almost over.

I totally agree with OhioP that the difference is how the coach deals with the situation.

trickskier
09-21-2006, 02:17 PM
You know what depresses me is that we are talking about College Football which means my ski season is coming to an end. Do not get me wrong, I love college football but it depresses me to think my season is almost over.

I totally agree with OhioP that the difference is how the coach deals with the situation.

Not so fast my friend. Skiing season isn't even close to being over in FL. :dance:

mgurley
09-21-2006, 02:39 PM
Roll Tide!!!

Granite_33
09-21-2006, 02:45 PM
OK

Let's look at these statements. Anybody see a trend? All Nationally Recognized teams that are cover by a plethora of media outlets. If one is naive enough to believe that off-field problems only happen at South Florida Schools, Tennessee, Nebraska, etc that is fine. There are issues everywhere there are 18-23 year old kids being treated like rock stars. While most of them only get a mention in the local paper or maybe across the crawler on ESPN News, the Big Schools fall subject to media outlets (espically ESPN) who are trying to make news, not just report it. Tennessee is a prime example of this. How many papers across the state cover Tennessee Football? How many times has ESPN gone after Tennessee either for academic infractions or to report stories that reflect negatively? Sure the Head Coach is ultimately responsible. But when you get into the larger schools, who recruit nationally it is much easier to let a few bad apples into the program.

Should South Carolina fire Spurrier because his starting quarterback got into a bar fight? Georgia's current quarterbacks coach, Mike Bobo couldn't stay out of bar fights as a player at UGA. Should Richt be fired?

Your comment of making news.........100% on the money. (Better question is how many Tennessee newspapers DO NOT cover Tennessee Football;) )
These are young kids, impressionable.....you would have a strong argument to say "most are not well guided growing up"
Start treating them like they can do no wrong......and they start doing things, acting like they can do no wrong.
Much of a programs record can / should be tied to the coaches and their handling of situations as they come up. Stoops, Mack Brown, etc, etc. They do / did what they did to set an example to the other players..let them know there are consequences to actions. Off the field, in school or otherwise.
Coaches that look the other way or say they don't want to know whats going on are culpable in what happens to the team.

Trivia Question:
What College football team was involved in the biggest gambling scandal in college football history? (and yes this was during the tenure of what some people would call a "players coach")

richardsoncd
09-21-2006, 03:00 PM
OK

Let's not pull the good name of Georgia football into this one....Bobo was an a$$, but he played for a crooked coach, i.e. Donnan, that would have never flown under Richt...he keeps our boys on lock down or they get benched. Besides, Bobo was never arrested. As for yall's coach, he is a good one and TN would be dumb to let him go. How many bad seasons has he had in the past? Plus he is an SEC coach, not Conference USA. He has had to much victory to let him go so quickly.

...of course I may be saying this because we have had some success against him lately;)

trickskier
09-21-2006, 03:10 PM
...of course I may be saying this because we have had some success against him lately;)

Yeah, I wish Ga would bring back Ray Goff!!!:uglyhamme :uglyhamme :steering:

richardsoncd
09-21-2006, 04:14 PM

Yeah, I wish Ga would bring back Ray Goff!!!:uglyhamme :uglyhamme :steering:[/QUOTE]

Wow...hitting below the belt, I am buddies with Ray...good guy, great QB, and I won't publish my feelings about the "Goff Years". Needless to say we don't talk about football too much, but he blames Dooley for trying to Coach from the AD office. I'm just glad we got Richt.

trickskier
09-21-2006, 10:41 PM
Yeah, I wish Ga would bring back Ray Goff!!!:uglyhamme :uglyhamme :steering:[/QUOTE]

Wow...hitting below the belt, I am buddies with Ray...good guy, great QB, and I won't publish my feelings about the "Goff Years". Needless to say we don't talk about football too much, but he blames Dooley for trying to Coach from the AD office. I'm just glad we got Richt.

I'm sure I dislike Dooley as much as you dislike Spurrier :mad:

richardsoncd
09-22-2006, 09:29 AM
I'm sure I dislike Dooley as much as you dislike Spurrier :mad:

My pure disdain for Spurrier is a little less after we shut him out for the first time in over twenty years. But I understand. I also have had the pleasure of hanging out with Coach Dooley, I would say as a person...much nicer and hospitable than Spurrier who I had a chance to talk to one time. Oh who am I kidding, I really don't like the guy on or off the field:D

east tx skier
09-23-2006, 09:03 PM
ABC sucks. I can't believe the screwed up the feed for the last quarter of the ISU/UT game. Oh well. 37-14. Hook 'em.

P-hat_in_Cincy
09-23-2006, 09:12 PM
Oh well. 37-14. Hook 'em.

Yep! Every UT win validates tOSU's position, even if they did struggle a little against PSU in their Big Ten opener. Conference play is a whole new deal...

SkiDog
09-24-2006, 03:00 PM
My pure disdain for Spurrier is a little less after we shut him out for the first time in over twenty years. But I understand. I also have had the pleasure of hanging out with Coach Dooley, I would say as a person...much nicer and hospitable than Spurrier who I had a chance to talk to one time. Oh who am I kidding, I really don't like the guy on or off the field:D

Man, did we scrape by or what yesterday?!?!?!?!?! Seems to me, we took the ole buffalo's a LITTLE light! But back to Spurrier, I wouldn't spit on him if he was on fire! Now, want me to tell you how I really feel!:D There's not a human being on this earth that I would rather see having a bad day than him! I'll bet his wife & kids don't even like him!:twocents: :shocked:

shepherd
09-24-2006, 06:53 PM
Yep! Every UT win validates tOSU's position, even if they did struggle a little against PSU in their Big Ten opener. Conference play is a whole new deal...

OSU is looking mighty strong this year. Not looking forward to the season closer against my Wolverines... If both teams can remain unbeaten until then, that will be a real battle.

richardsoncd
09-25-2006, 09:59 AM
Man, did we scrape by or what yesterday?!?!?!?!?! Seems to me, we took the ole buffalo's a LITTLE light! But back to Spurrier, I wouldn't spit on him if he was on fire! Now, want me to tell you how I really feel!:D There's not a human being on this earth that I would rather see having a bad day than him! I'll bet his wife & kids don't even like him!:twocents: :shocked:

That is the first game of the year I didn't leave Sanford early. Talking about angry...and the worst part of the day was I didn't bring enough booze in the game to make it through the 4th quarter. We'll have to wait and see about the QB situation. I don't really care who it is as long as they have it figured out before Halloween....if you know what I mean.

BIGBADBLUE
09-25-2006, 11:16 AM
Just got back from Ann Arbor and UM looked OK against UW. The big house was rocking.

I was actually rooting for MSU this weekend against ND. What a choke job by coach Smith. The play calling the last quarter was pitiful. I hate to see ND win this game. Their schedule is a joke the rest of the season ... now they will get beat by USC, still be 10-2 and in a BCS bowl.

east tx skier
09-25-2006, 11:20 AM

Close one for sure. I wish we'd run more against you guys. Seems like we finally figured that out by the third quarter. I really want to see Charles break free soon. That guy is fast!

OhioProstar
09-25-2006, 11:25 AM
I put the blame on the coaching staft. Stanton made bad plays only when he was third and long after running up the middle every 1st and 2nd down for little gain. Spartans have always played to not lose where big time programs play to win. It is tough being a fan...but I guess it is like golf. Some days the only reason you come back is for that perfect pin high long iron. Other than that you want to break every club in the bag.

P-hat_in_Cincy
09-25-2006, 11:36 AM
OSU is looking mighty strong this year. Not looking forward to the season closer against my Wolverines... If both teams can remain unbeaten until then, that will be a real battle.

Aside from the UM / ND game I find it extrememly hard / impossible to root for UM, but I'd rather play a UM team fighting for the Big Ten title than a UM team with no shot at it. You know what they say about a wounded animal...

Although ND capitalized on MSU mistakes, I look at it that MSU LOST that game, ND didn't win it. Stoopid announcers / analyists could wait to say "ND is back in the Championship hunt! Brady Quinn thrust himself back in the Heismann..." GACK. Enough with the love affair already! :mad:

trickskier
09-25-2006, 11:37 AM
That is the first game of the year I didn't leave Sanford early. Talking about angry...and the worst part of the day was I didn't bring enough booze in the game to make it through the 4th quarter. We'll have to wait and see about the QB situation. I don't really care who it is as long as they have it figured out before Halloween....if you know what I mean.

Make sure you bring plenty of BOOZE for that game.....

LakePirate
09-25-2006, 11:50 AM
Is it just me or does everybody except the media and commentators (redundant I know) hate ND?

And about the Georgia / Colorado game, Georgia is starting to get as lucky as the Dam Irish.

SkiDog
09-25-2006, 12:36 PM
Make sure you bring plenty of BOOZE for that game.....

Yea, I'll have plenty! Especially when you have to pay up!:D

trickskier
09-25-2006, 12:59 PM
Yea, I'll have plenty! Especially when you have to pay up!:D

You just keep talking that SMACK dog!!!! Let's see one case? That should last you about 1 quarter.......LOL :uglyhamme

One of us will be crying in his beer that's for sure!!! :cry:

Maristar210
09-25-2006, 01:04 PM
I put the blame on the coaching staft. Stanton made bad plays only when he was third and long after running up the middle every 1st and 2nd down for little gain. Spartans have always played to not lose where big time programs play to win. It is tough being a fan...but I guess it is like golf. Some days the only reason you come back is for that perfect pin high long iron. Other than that you want to break every club in the bag.

OPS,

Do you need medical attention? It sounds like you are choking in the 4the quarter to me.

LOL

Man I tell you I wrote the Irish off and WENT TO BED ... Boy was I shocked to wake up to Sprortscenter Sunday morning.... Tough Loss for the Sparties

Steve

OhioProstar
09-25-2006, 05:40 PM
Maristar thanks for the concern. It was a mild heartattack, luckly I have been through many of these and was able recover with large amounts of Old #7. My wife had already gone to bed and didn't believe me at first.

All I know is I had a chance to get tickets to that game but choose not to and after the rain and the lost I am happy that I didn't waste the money.

SkiDog
09-25-2006, 10:16 PM
You just keep talking that SMACK dog!!!! Let's see one case? That should last you about 1 quarter.......LOL :uglyhamme

One of us will be crying in his beer that's for sure!!! :cry:

Naw, thats one thing I don't do! I love em' but I ain't gonna let it ruin my good times! Either way, I'm sure we'll get our fill of beer that day. BTW, have you signed up yet? And is anybody else from Jacksonville going down? Jim wants 50 boats there!

trickskier
09-26-2006, 09:49 AM
Naw, thats one thing I don't do! I love em' but I ain't gonna let it ruin my good times! Either way, I'm sure we'll get our fill of beer that day. BTW, have you signed up yet? And is anybody else from Jacksonville going down? Jim wants 50 boats there!

I haven't signed up yet. Family (wife & kids) say we are going to the game if we get tickets.....Will be a last minute decision either way. :eek3:

captain planet
09-26-2006, 10:34 AM
Aside from the UM / ND game I find it extrememly hard / impossible to root for UM, but I'd rather play a UM team fighting for the Big Ten title than a UM team with no shot at it. You know what they say about a wounded animal...

Although ND capitalized on MSU mistakes, I look at it that MSU LOST that game, ND didn't win it. Stoopid announcers / analyists could wait to say "ND is back in the Championship hunt! Brady Quinn thrust himself back in the Heismann..." GACK. Enough with the love affair already! :mad:
P-hat, I don't mean for you to take this the wrong way. Were fellow Buckeyes and we have to look out for one another. But I have to say your comments puzzle me a little. I appreciate the fact that your a fellow Buckeyes fan, and no doubt that if any other Buckeyes fan were to give you an "O - H" you would respond with an equally as hearty "I - O". Your a good fan, just look at your avatar.
The part that puzzles me is the support you give to michigan :noface: just because they are a Big 10 team when they are playing a non-Big 10 foe, even when that foe is notre lame. Dude, there is NO half-way with michigan, you NEVER root for them regardless of who they are playing, EVER!
I have rooted for USC one time in the last 20 years, and that was a few years back when they were playing michigan in the RoseBowl (I think it was the RoseBowl). You just don't....you just can't support that team being a Buckeye fan. If you notice, I won't even put a capital M when I type in michigan. I have even changed the spell checker on my computer so it will stop correcting me when I type in michigan without the capital M.
If there were a football team that was comprised of a bunch of inmates (rapists, murderers, muggers, etc.) and they were playing michigan, I would root for the inmates. (Go Inmates!!!) Dude, if al Quida put together a football team and were playing michigan.......
You see my point, as a Buckeye fan I can't sit idle and watch you lend support to that team. It just ain't right. I just want to remind you that as I write this I have a smile on my face and a cheerful thoughts in my head,:D I'm just looking out for my fellow Buckeye fans. Just to make you feel better, that bowl game a few years back that USC played michigan (RoseBowl I think), my Dad was rooting for michigan "because they are from the Big 10" and I gave him the same speech, pulling for michigan just ain't right.
I agree with you on the fact that the announcers were pulling for notre lame in that game. I wish MSU would have held on and not given that game away. MSU coaching needs to learn how to finish a game. Wasn't it last year that they were beating michigan until the lase minute of the game and gave it up at the end...Oops, two years ago. Didn't braylon edwards catch a TD right at the end to win it? See I can't even capitalize the names of former michigan players, just ain't right!

Captain Planet

richardsoncd
09-26-2006, 10:49 AM
Is it just me or does everybody except the media and commentators (redundant I know) hate ND?

And about the Georgia / Colorado game, Georgia is starting to get as lucky as the Dam Irish.

Man...we played horrible until the 4th, it's not like we threw a hail mary....we drove down the field twice after two good defensive stands. But I'll take luck anyday, especially October 7th.

LakePirate
09-26-2006, 11:00 AM
More so making reference to the fumble and the pass between the recievers hands.

I hope Chavis was watching the "screen" show that you guys ran in the 4th.

On a side not, listened to most of the game on the radio. Munson was cracking me up.

Oh we are behind in our own stadium. We have been behind for hours.

His drama always amuses me. Watch out for Kennesaw State they have one of the best punters in all of college football, field position will be crucial for the dogs today.

OhioProstar
09-26-2006, 11:04 AM
P-hat, I don't mean for you to take this the wrong way. Were fellow Buckeyes and we have to look out for one another. But I have to say your comments puzzle me a little. I appreciate the fact that your a fellow Buckeyes fan, and no doubt that if any other Buckeyes fan were to give you an "O - H" you would respond with an equally as hearty "I - O". Your a good fan, just look at your avatar.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

P-hat_in_Cincy
09-26-2006, 11:22 AM
:popcorn:

ROFL...ain't nothin' to argue about here.

Maybe I can offer it up this way:

Captain Planet is Woody Hayes. I am Jim Tressel.

Q: Did Woody hate michigan?
A: Absolutely.
Q: Did Woody respect michigan.
A: Probably not an even an ounce.

Q: Does Jim Tressel hate michigan.
A: Absolutely (but he's PC about it).
Q: Does 'Mr. Sweater Vest' respect michigan.
A: Publically, probably would say yes. ;)

Q: Do/did they both have a common goal?
A: YES! Beat michigan!

Captain Planet, we bleed the same colors for NCAAFB.

captain planet
09-26-2006, 11:38 AM
ROFL...ain't nothin' to argue about here.

Maybe I can offer it up this way:

Captain Planet is Woody Hayes. I am Jim Tressel.

Q: Did Woody hate michigan?
A: Absolutely.
Q: Did Woody respect michigan.
A: Probably not an even an ounce.

Q: Does Jim Tressel hate michigan.
A: Absolutely (but he's PC about it).
Q: Does 'Mr. Sweater Vest' respect michigan.
A: Publically, probably would say yes. ;)

Q: Do/did they both have a common goal?
A: YES! Beat michigan!

Captain Planet, we bleed the same colors for NCAAFB.
Very nicely done P-hat, very nice, but please go easy on the sweater vest thing. I own the red one and wear it every friday at work during the season :) . You definately pinned it, I am definately more Woody Hayes than Jim Tressel.

Just for the record, on the rare occasion that I go to Windsor Canada, I make sure that I fill up my car before I get into the state of michigan to make sure I don't spend any money there.

This last Sunday while getting out of my car at a local warehouse club (in Canton Ohio), I saw some $#*&ing guy in a michigan hat and shirt! I was feeling rather sassy after the Bucks big win over Penn St., so I gave him an hearty "O - H" followed by a "GO BUCKEYES!". He didn't say much.

8:00 pm on Saturday, Bucks vs. Iowa. Should be a good game. We'll see what Iowa has to offer this season.

GO BUCKS

Who is michigan going to lose to this weekend?

shepherd
09-26-2006, 11:44 AM
This last Sunday while getting out of my car at a local warehouse club (in Canton Ohio), I saw some $#*&ing guy in a michigan hat and shirt! I was feeling rather sassy after the Bucks big win over Penn St., so I gave him an hearty "O - H" followed by a "GO BUCKEYES!". He didn't say much.

:rolleyes: .................:noface:

Don't think I'd say much either... :rolleyes:

OhioProstar
09-26-2006, 11:49 AM
I saw some $#*&ing guy in a michigan hat and shirt! I was feeling rather sassy after the Bucks big win over Penn St., so I gave him an hearty "O - H" followed by a "GO BUCKEYES!". He didn't say much.

He probably bought that hat at a Trailer Park lawn sale.

I have never understood the whole "we don't give a &*^% about the whole State of Michigan" thing. I would argue that half the state equally hates scUM. If you take the Buckeye fans and the Spartan fans you have a really large cheering block pulling for anyone playing the weasles and aside from once a year I always give a good O-H to my BuckNut buddies.

P-hat_in_Cincy
09-26-2006, 11:59 AM
please go easy on the sweater vest thing. I own the red one and wear it every friday at work during the season :)

Just for the record, on the rare occasion that I go to Windsor Canada..

Who is michigan going to lose to this weekend?

"Scarlet and Grey Friday"...I participate too.

Windsor...Canadian "ballet" eh?

Minnesota

captain planet
09-26-2006, 12:07 PM
He probably bought that hat at a Trailer Park lawn sale.

I have never understood the whole "we don't give a &*^% about the whole State of Michigan" thing. I would argue that half the state equally hates scUM. If you take the Buckeye fans and the Spartan fans you have a really large cheering block pulling for anyone playing the weasles and aside from once a year I always give a good O-H to my BuckNut buddies.
Ohio Prostar, I ALWAYS root for MSU when they are playing michigan. That "we don't give a $%@# about the whole state of mich" is definately geared toward the "maize and blew" weasels, and not toward the Spartans. I respect MSU as I do all other Big 10 teams......except mich obviously.

Trailer park yard sale, lol, nice!

captain planet
09-26-2006, 12:10 PM
"Scarlet and Grey Friday"...I participate too.

Minnesota
Isn't there some really poor pottey at stake in that game with Minnesota? That stupid jug?

Doesn't mich play for something with each Big 10 team except OSU? Don't they play for something against MSU?

P-hat_in_Cincy
09-26-2006, 12:16 PM
Isn't there some really poor pottey at stake in that game with Minnesota? That stupid jug?

Doesn't mich play for something with each Big 10 team except OSU? Don't they play for something against MSU?

Well, some teams fight to win 'small battles' while tOSU if focused on winning the war (Big Ten title).

Funniest bumper sticker I ever saw..."Michigan: The part of Ohio nobody wanted!"

OhioProstar
09-26-2006, 12:19 PM

Normally they play for an easy win to pad their BCS rating.:mad:

captain planet
09-26-2006, 12:25 PM
Well, some teams fight to win 'small battles' while tOSU if focused on winning the war (Big Ten title).

Funniest bumper sticker I ever saw..."Michigan: The part of Ohio nobody wanted!"
..."Michigan: The part of Ohio nobody wanted!" LOLOLOLOL I am not a bumper-sticker guy (except MC stickers of coarse) but I would consider putting that one on my car.

Maristar210
09-26-2006, 12:35 PM
I hate both of your teams, how's that?8p 8p 8p

BIGBADBLUE
09-26-2006, 03:07 PM

I lover this shot!!!

bcampbe7
09-26-2006, 03:09 PM
Iowa vs. OSU this weekend!
Should be a good game.

BIGBADBLUE
09-26-2006, 03:10 PM
Lover? Sorry about that ... got excited that the attachement actually woked!!!

BIGBADBLUE
09-26-2006, 03:15 PM

Now that I figured out this whole attachement thing .. I thought I would also share this one.

captain planet
09-26-2006, 03:18 PM
I hate both of your teams, how's that?8p 8p 8p
You root for the crimi-noles?

captain planet
09-26-2006, 03:52 PM

Now that I figured out this whole attachement thing .. I thought I would also share this one.
"THERE ARE THREE FOULS ON THE PLAY. Two on michigan. First, Roughing the kicker, #2 receiving team, 15 yard penalty. We also have a 15 yard penalty for wearing those ugly helmets and those appalling uniforms.

We have a penalty on #10 of the kicking team, unsportsman like conduct for not painting his helmet good enough the night before the game, that's a 15 yard penalty from the end of the play.

shepherd
09-26-2006, 04:44 PM
"THERE ARE THREE FOULS ON THE PLAY. Two on michigan. First, Roughing the kicker, #2 receiving team, 15 yard penalty.

He's not roughing the kicker! He's just making sure he's dead :cool:

shepherd
09-26-2006, 04:50 PM
"We also have a 15 yard penalty for wearing those ugly helmets and those appalling uniforms.

What is this, "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy"???

captain planet
09-26-2006, 05:30 PM
What is this, "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy"???
Dude, it's a crack against michigan, just go with it. ;)

BIGBADBLUE
09-26-2006, 06:09 PM
hehehehehehe

Gotta love to beat ND and when you do you gotta keep them down. DId anyone see the war between Weis and Smith about the supposed slap. Weis is a liar on a Catholic team ... not that they care as long as he wins 10 and gets in the BCS.

BIGBADBLUE
09-26-2006, 06:12 PM
We have a penalty on #10 of the kicking team, unsportsman like conduct for not painting his helmet good enough the night before the game, that's a 15 yard penalty from the end of the play.[/QUOTE

The penalty is on #10 for impersonating a Hiesman candidate!!!!

trickskier
09-26-2006, 10:23 PM
Hey all you big bad blew & ohio snake fans......You haven't played anybody and the competition ahead is extremely light.

BBB you've only played 1 ranked team this year ND and they're no loner ranked in the top 25. You only have 2 teams left to play ranked in the top 25: Iowa currently #13 & ohio snake currently #1.

Ohio snake you've played Texas currently #7 and only have to play Iowa currently #13 and and Michigan currently #6.

FLORIDA has played TN currently ranked #18, Has bama at home this week ranked #22 last week,and still has LSU ranked #10, Auburn #3, Georgia #9, & Florida St #17.

Why don't you boys come on down to the SEC and play against some real football teams??? :dance:

atlfootr
09-26-2006, 10:46 PM
hey bud ... call me!

Florida St #17.

After a game like this, we should be #1 :)

FSU 55 - RICE 7

tex
09-27-2006, 12:28 AM
hey bud ... call me!

Florida St #17.

After a game like this, we should be #1 :)

FSU 55 - RICE 7
Rice??????????

richardsoncd
09-27-2006, 09:23 AM
Hey all you big bad blew & ohio snake fans......You haven't played anybody and the competition ahead is extremely light.

BBB you've only played 1 ranked team this year ND and they're no loner ranked in the top 25. You only have 2 teams left to play ranked in the top 25: Iowa currently #13 & ohio snake currently #1.

Ohio snake you've played Texas currently #7 and only have to play Iowa currently #13 and and Michigan currently #6.

FLORIDA has played TN currently ranked #18, Has bama at home this week ranked #22 last week,and still has LSU ranked #10, Auburn #3, Georgia #9, & Florida St #17.

Why don't you boys come on down to the SEC and play against some real football teams??? :dance:

I would have never thought I would agree with a Gator...but Amen brotha'

atlfootr
09-27-2006, 09:39 AM
Rice??????????No tex, FSU!:rant:

shepherd
09-27-2006, 09:47 AM

Big 10 teams beat SEC teams in the last 2 Citrus Bowl games. :rolleyes:

captain planet
09-27-2006, 09:47 AM
WAAAAAAAA, :cry: my team is in the SEC and we have to play each other.:cry:WAAAAAAA ...well guess what, we're in the Big 10 and we have to play each other as well. In a few weeks the SEC will have beaten up on each other and we'll see that they're just like every other conference, a couple at the top, a few in the middle, and a couple at the bottom.

LakePirate
09-27-2006, 09:58 AM
Rice??????????

I know a chant for that

What comes out of a .........

Probably not PC.

Ohhh we play in the Big Ten. Ohhh look at us. Give me a break.

Week in week out the play in the SEC is the best on the planet.

trickskier
09-27-2006, 11:18 AM
WAAAAAAAA, :cry: my team is in the SEC and we have to play each other.:cry:WAAAAAAA ...well guess what, we're in the Big 10 and we have to play each other as well. In a few weeks the SEC will have beaten up on each other and we'll see that they're just like every other conference, a couple at the top, a few in the middle, and a couple at the bottom.

OH, I'm not crying by any means. I'm just saying the strength of schedule of Michigan & Ohio State doesn't even come close to Florida's. The Gator's have one of the toughest (if not the toughest) schedules in the nation this year.

eltesoro
09-27-2006, 12:35 PM
It is cyclical. The SEC is in a high cycle and the Big 10 is trying to make a comeback. The big 12 is on the start of their down cycle. Who cares about the west coast? The only team out there is USC and it is just a matter of time for that program to get caught.

Florida does have a rediculous schedule this year. If they run the table except for the one loss to Auburn they will be in a BCS game this year.

Anyone up for some yard bird?

trickskier
09-27-2006, 12:45 PM
It is cyclical. The SEC is in a high cycle and the Big 10 is trying to make a comeback. The big 12 is on the start of their down cycle. Who cares about the west coast? The only team out there is USC and it is just a matter of time for that program to get caught.

Florida does have a rediculous schedule this year. If they run the table except for the one loss to Auburn they will be in a BCS game this year.

Anyone up for some yard bird?

I know that's going to be a tough game, especially since it's at Auburn this year. But I'm certainly not going to give the tiger's a "W" until the fat lady sings. :noface:

mbeach
09-27-2006, 12:46 PM
saturday will be busy for me. 6:30am help set up my son's marching band invitational competition, he drags me to the espn game day set for the iowa - ohio state game, catch a few minutes of the alabama - gaytor game with a few adult beverages of choice (father in law is visiting and a bama grad), and leave with son for the iowa - ohio state game around 5pm, gate with friends (more adult beverages consumed), attend game, let son drive us home, and finally get to bed. i'm too old for this crap, except for the gating and game of course.

tricks -- i agree, the gates have a horrible schedule. if they make it into the nc game, they are truly deserving. it only takes one or 2 injuries to turn a season south. just ask the us noles.

captain planet
09-27-2006, 12:49 PM
OH, I'm not crying by any means. I'm just saying the strength of schedule of Michigan & Ohio State doesn't even come close to Florida's. The Gator's have one of the toughest (if not the toughest) schedules in the nation this year.
Hey, there is no question that the Gators have a SICK schedule this year, probably the hardest in the nation. I respect the SEC and they are probably the best division in college football and they probably have the best overall defense of any conference, but they will beat up on each other. Happens every year.

eltesoro
09-27-2006, 12:54 PM
saturday will be busy for me. 6:30am help set up my son's marching band invitational competition, he drags me to the espn game day set for the iowa - ohio state game, catch a few minutes of the alabama - gaytor game with a few adult beverages of choice (father in law is visiting and a bama grad), and leave with son for the iowa - ohio state game around 5pm, gate with friends (more adult beverages consumed), attend game, let son drive us home, and finally get to bed. i'm too old for this crap, except for the gating and game of course.

tricks -- i agree, the gates have a horrible schedule. if they make it into the nc game, they are truly deserving. it only takes one or 2 injuries to turn a season south. just ask the us noles.
Go big I! Does everyone call it "gate" in Iowa?

mbeach
09-27-2006, 12:58 PM
Go big I! Does everyone call it "gate" in Iowa?
dunno, probably just a southern thang since i moved up here to ic from tallahassee in 93 and old habits are hard to break.

eltesoro
09-27-2006, 01:05 PM
I am from LA. Lower Alabama that is and we always have called it tail gating. Calling it gate made me think of standing outside the gates of Jordan Hare and pounding the last of the whiskey before entering the stadium.

trickskier
09-27-2006, 01:22 PM

Yo MB, my son and I are going to head to the "SWAMP" around 7am Saturday. My friend has a motor home there and we're going to have a HUGE TAILGATOR PARTY. I was at Tuscaloosa last year, hoping for better results this year. By the way tell your father-in-law that bama fans should be more graceful winners. Rudest bunch of drunks I've ever encountered.

mbeach
09-27-2006, 03:08 PM
I am from LA. Lower Alabama that is and we always have called it tail gating. Calling it gate made me think of standing outside the gates of Jordan Hare and pounding the last of the whiskey before entering the stadium.
i consider gate <=> gating, just different parts of speech depending upon how used in a sentence. wow, that's heavy!!:D

mbeach
09-27-2006, 03:10 PM
Yo MB, my son and I are going to head to the "SWAMP" around 7am Saturday. My friend has a motor home there and we're going to have a HUGE TAILGATOR PARTY. I was at Tuscaloosa last year, hoping for better results this year. By the way tell your father-in-law that bama fans should be more graceful winners. Rudest bunch of drunks I've ever encountered.
tricks - guy who lives next to me at the lake is a bull gator and said the same thing about the bama fans at game last year. went to ut game and had a great time with the rocky topers.

trickskier
09-27-2006, 03:21 PM
tricks - guy who lives next to me at the lake is a bull gator and said the same thing about the bama fans at game last year. went to ut game and had a great time with the rocky topers.

My son and I were walking with a several other Gator Fans and bama fans were jumping in front of us doing the chomp inches from our faces. I just told my son to look straight ahead and not say a word.....too many crimson shirts around us. Believe me if the Gators win Saturday, I will not treat them like they treated me......I was at the FL/TN game when Jessie Palmer drove the Gators 92 yards to win the game and the TN fans were great.

bcampbe7
09-27-2006, 03:21 PM
mbeach-
My brother, and a lot of my crazy family, will be tailgating in an RV in the dental lot if that makes sense... If you see them tell them Beau said "GO HAWKS!"

mbeach
09-27-2006, 06:00 PM
My son and I were walking with a several other Gator Fans and bama fans were jumping in front of us doing the chomp inches from our faces. I just told my son to look straight ahead and not say a word.....too many crimson shirts around us. Believe me if the Gators win Saturday, I will not treat them like they treated me......I was at the FL/TN game when Jessie Palmer drove the Gators 92 yards to win the game and the TN fans were great.
yup, i believe that is called taking the high road. unfortunately, there are some fans that give us all a bad rap. enjoy game, and (gulp) go gators but don't tell my pop in law i said that. he does not take kindly to folks talking bad about his beloved bama.

mbeach
09-27-2006, 06:04 PM
mbeach-
My brother, and a lot of my crazy family, will be tailgating in an RV in the dental lot if that makes sense... If you see them tell them Beau said "GO HAWKS!"
campbe - i believe you are in tn, right? when i trek to johnson city for the bristol races, it is a "mere" 12hr ride. soooooooooooooo, head this way and we can join up with bro before game. will keep eye out for him amongst 100k+ crazies. from what i am told, this will be 2nd time numero uno team has played iowa in ic the first being miami (fla) when chuck long was qb. does that sound right??

Chief
09-27-2006, 08:13 PM
GO IRISH!!!!!

trickskier
09-27-2006, 08:25 PM
GO IRISH!!!!!

I was wondering when you were going to chime in and take up for your TEAM!!! :D

bcampbe7
09-28-2006, 10:47 AM
campbe - i believe you are in tn, right? when i trek to johnson city for the bristol races, it is a "mere" 12hr ride. soooooooooooooo, head this way and we can join up with bro before game. will keep eye out for him amongst 100k+ crazies. from what i am told, this will be 2nd time numero uno team has played iowa in ic the first being miami (fla) when chuck long was qb. does that sound right??

Sounds about right to me...

Can't make it this weekend... Wish I could.

LakePirate
09-28-2006, 11:10 AM
GO IRISH!!!!!

There is one in every crowd.
:mad:

trickskier
09-28-2006, 11:15 AM
Hey LP,
I liked your other signature better! I've told a lot of people about it!

LakePirate
09-28-2006, 11:18 AM
Hey LP,
I liked your other signature better! I've told a lot of people about it!

OK

I'll Change it back.

trickskier
09-28-2006, 11:34 AM
OK

I'll Change it back.

Now that's YOU!! :worthy:

Chief
09-28-2006, 10:20 PM
Yepper one in every crowd, you just gotta love the IRISH or hate them. They are the Yankees of college football. It's been a long 13 years since greatness, but when you have a real schedule and not a division IIA schedule (i.e. Texas vs Rice, FSU vs UCF, Texas vs Sam Houston, etc etc) you get lots of practice. I say let all the big boys play each other and leave the "we will play you for money schools" to play each other.

GO IRISH!!!!!!!

captain planet
09-29-2006, 10:19 AM
Yepper one in every crowd, you just gotta love the IRISH or hate them. They are the Yankees of college football. It's been a long 13 years since greatness, but when you have a real schedule and not a division IIA schedule (i.e. Texas vs Rice, FSU vs UCF, Texas vs Sam Houston, etc etc) you get lots of practice. I say let all the big boys play each other and leave the "we will play you for money schools" to play each other.

GO IRISH!!!!!!!
Um....in order to be the "Yankees of college football", don't you have to be good? Last I checked, ND was out of the top 10 AGAIN, were lucky to get past MSU last week and got doubled up by michigan the week before that. And the last time they played in a bowl game that mattered they got SPANKED by the BUCKEYES.

Just stick to schedules like they had last season (BYU, Syracuse, Air Force, etc) and you'r sure to see them in a major bowl only to get spanked by a REAL team that plays REAL opponents during the regular season.

And finally, ND is the biggest "we will play you for money schools" in existence considering the contract which forces EVERYONE to watch that HORRIBLE team EVERY Saturday on NBC.

They should move down to Div 1AA.

P-hat_in_Cincy
09-29-2006, 12:22 PM
Um....in order to be the "Yankees of college football", don't you have to be good? Last I checked, ND was out of the top 10 AGAIN, were lucky to get past MSU last week and got doubled up by michigan the week before that. And the last time they played in a bowl game that mattered they got SPANKED by the BUCKEYES.

Just stick to schedules like they had last season (BYU, Syracuse, Air Force, etc) and you'r sure to see them in a major bowl only to get spanked by a REAL team that plays REAL opponents during the regular season.

And finally, ND is the biggest "we will play you for money schools" in existence considering the contract which forces EVERYONE to watch that HORRIBLE team EVERY Saturday on NBC.

They should move down to Div 1AA.

ROFLMAO...Tell us how you REALLY feel! :uglyhamme

BTW...STAR!!! :headbang:

trickskier
09-29-2006, 10:18 PM
at the "SWAMP" nuff said

tex
09-30-2006, 12:21 AM
:( My horn frogs:confused:

trickskier
10-02-2006, 09:20 PM
Darn, what happened to all of the college football fans?

bcampbe7
10-02-2006, 09:29 PM
Darn, what happened to all of the college football fans?

After this past weekend I was hoping this thread would disappear.

My Hawkeyes couldn't catch a cold!

P-hat_in_Cincy
10-02-2006, 09:42 PM
OK...I'll play!
Now...if we can keep our heads on right until 11/18...

trickskier
10-03-2006, 10:07 AM
GATORS 28 bama 13

trickskier
10-03-2006, 10:09 AM
Let the BIG GATOR EAT!!!

Maristar210
10-03-2006, 01:08 PM
OK...I'll play!
Now...if we can keep our heads on right until 11/18...

Care to put a wager on that?:D

richardsoncd
10-03-2006, 01:41 PM
Alright James.....what is the bet? I'll throw this out there, next season....loser buys the beer and names the lake.

LakePirate
10-03-2006, 02:45 PM
Alright James.....what is the bet? I'll throw this out there, next season....loser buys the beer and names the lake.

Works for me.

You changed your plans yet or are you still going to be out of town?

richardsoncd
10-03-2006, 03:06 PM
Works for me.

You changed your plans yet or are you still going to be out of town?

nope still heading up to Lake Burton....probably the last ski of the season, actually it is. I plan to winterize after this weekend
:cry:

trickskier
10-03-2006, 04:16 PM
Point Spread:

Tennessee 2 point favorite over Georgia
LSU 1 1/2 point favorite over Florida

LakePirate
10-03-2006, 04:32 PM
Depending on what Georgia looks like on Saturday, I would venture to say that you could take Tennessee, Florida, Auburn, LSU, and Georgia and have them play each other every week and the out come would be different every time.

trickskier
10-03-2006, 04:43 PM
Depending on what Georgia looks like on Saturday, I would venture to say that you could take Tennessee, Florida, Auburn, LSU, and Georgia and have them play each other every week and the out come would be different every time.

I agree, depends on what team decides to show up on Staruday afternoon, The Gators will be without star running back DeShawn Wynn, that one hurts!

richardsoncd
10-03-2006, 04:57 PM
...and Georgia will be without, well a QB due to the fact that one isn't any good, one is too unexperienced, and the other would be amazing if he had an arm as big as his heart (Joe T 'aka Rudy')

LakePirate
10-03-2006, 05:00 PM
...and Georgia will be without, well a QB due to the fact that one isn't any good, one is too unexperienced, and the other would be amazing if he had an arm as big as his heart (Joe T 'aka Rudy')

Sooo Which one is not any good?

trickskier
10-03-2006, 05:22 PM
According to USA Today, looks like Joe T will be your starter Saturday.

richardsoncd
10-03-2006, 05:56 PM
Cox isn't any good, Joe T is the starter....Stafford is #2

Chief
10-03-2006, 09:32 PM
GO IRISH!

Now ND starts the easy part of the sked! I think they have it figured out. Play the big boys to start, lose one and at the end of the season beat USC and be in the national title picture. Notre Dame 42 Stanford 7

BIGBADBLUE
10-05-2006, 09:26 AM
How do you even respond to that? ND plays the entire armed forces and Stanford. They will get beat by USC bad and no way will they be in the top 10. No BCS for ND this year.

No word from MSU fans lately ... come on with UM/MSU this week I thought there would be more chatter. MSU has a VERY good **** at upsetting UM this weekend. ALways a good game and MSU is wounded.

BIGBADBLUE
10-05-2006, 09:27 AM
hmmmmm ... must have spelled "SHOT" wrong and the MC police caught it.

OhioProstar
10-05-2006, 09:57 AM
Sorry BBB....been out on business all week. I really don't see MSU coming in to AA and winning this year. They are banged up on the O-Line, lost their #1 running back, and Stanton went down last week. They might be playing to protect their coaches arse...but I don't see this as the year they go in to skunk-ville and win. Of course in 1990 they weren't the best team on the field either.

GO STATE

Maristar210
10-05-2006, 10:48 AM
I truly hope MSU gets embarassed with an LSU or Texas type of score

56-0 has a great ring to it.....

I hate John L.'s little smirk he always seems to have at his press conference. It pi$$es me off and makes me think he's arrogant. The blind sheep Spartan faithfull are even asking for his head now. Sounds like someone just woke up in East Lansing...

Hell at least I felt kind of sorry for Bobby Williams.

www.spartantailgate.com

www.firejohnlsmith.net

Enjoy your weekend OhioProStar:uglyhamme

OhioProstar
10-05-2006, 11:42 AM
49-3 cost Bobby Williams his job.

Maristar if that is your over/under I will take the bet.

tex
10-05-2006, 10:58 PM
Texas/OU

Let's get it on!

Hoosier Bob
10-05-2006, 11:05 PM
Texas/OSU? Got it on already!8p
Where has your sorry arse been? Sure make fun of me kneeboarding and disappear? Nonsense threads not good enough for you? How is the knee and a PM will do. Take care!

Chief
10-05-2006, 11:38 PM
Relish in the victory BIG BLUE it's been a couple of years. But to poke a eye over armed forces teams over teams like Central Mich, Vanderbilt, Ball State, Northwestern and Indiana just don't seem right unless these teams run the wishbone. Who has the ball is the flavor for the armed forces. Well for Stanford, ya just gotta have a patsey.

LakePirate
10-06-2006, 10:01 AM
Navy runs the flexbone, not the wishbone. Watched it for years at Georgia Southern.

Chief
10-06-2006, 10:13 AM
What ever bone it is, even the camera man has a hard time finding who has the ball. Hard to defend period.

LakePirate
10-06-2006, 10:21 AM
What ever bone it is, even the camera man has a hard time finding who has the ball. Hard to defend period.

No doubt, look at Tennessee. Phil Flumer said he didn't even know who had the ball against Air Force.

I think the big difference between the Service Academies and other schools are the defense. It pretty much doesn't exist and if they do stop someone, it is not because of their execution, but the lack of execution on the offensive side of the ball.

P-hat_in_Cincy
10-06-2006, 03:12 PM
Well...I was hoping to score tickets to the game this weekend, but they were going for over $125/ea on ebay about 5 days ago...and that's against BGSU!

OhioProstar
10-06-2006, 10:56 PM
I heard the whole Buckeye team is sleeping Michael Jackson style now. It would explain the lean in for hand holding.

tex
10-07-2006, 11:15 AM
How is ESPN College Game Day not at the Cotton Bowl today?

Hook em!

east tx skier
10-07-2006, 08:12 PM
Hey, Bobby, you still hang around here? Good game today! All the same, hook 'em!

Footin
10-07-2006, 08:20 PM
How bout those BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!!!

trickskier
10-07-2006, 08:24 PM
FLORIDA 23 LSU 10

BIGBADBLUE
10-07-2006, 09:15 PM
It has been a good day for this UM fan!!!

UM dominated MSU ... I sure hope they do not fire Mr Smith!!!!
Tigers Win, Tigers Win, Tigers Win

Could I hope for a Lions win on Sunday? NOT!!!!!

P-hat_in_Cincy
10-07-2006, 09:30 PM
How bout those BUCKEYES!!!!!!!!!!

Game over by half and experience for 2nd, 3rd, 4th string...couldn't ask for more.

Hoosier Bob
10-07-2006, 10:21 PM
Sorry to be in the Big Ten as Michigan will beat OSU and lose to Northwestern shortly after(sorry don't know the schedule)! Both will lose any opportunity at a championship! If I could rule the world OSU would win it all! Go Woody! Long live Woody!

LakePirate
10-08-2006, 09:56 AM
Hung 50 on 'em.

Go Big Orange!

noose374
10-08-2006, 02:42 PM
FLORIDA 23 LSU 10

I think that I'm going to stop making the away games after this and Auburn. Nice stadium though.

trickskier
10-08-2006, 02:50 PM
Hung 50 on 'em.

Go Big Orange!

Only 2 teams to ever score 50 points between the hedges! Florida & Tennessee. One heck of a come back down 17 points. That's why SEC Football is the GREATEST!!!

trickskier
10-08-2006, 02:52 PM
I think that I'm going to stop making the away games after this and Auburn. Nice stadium though.

Thanks noose, hope the Gator fans treated you well.

OhioProstar
10-08-2006, 06:34 PM
Sorry to be in the Big Ten as Michigan will beat OSU and lose to Northwestern shortly after(sorry don't know the schedule)! Both will lose any opportunity at a championship! If I could rule the world OSU would win it all! Go Woody! Long live Woody!

Please... the Bucks will stay number 1 and the skunks have a pretty good argument why they should be number 2. Winner takes all the last game of the Big Ten season as no other team in the country could beat either team.

BIGBADBLUE
10-09-2006, 09:42 AM
OP - Did you hear the sideline announcer at the UM/MSU game answer to the Aflac trivia question? It was classic. "What MSU coach has beaten UM the most?" His answer was Tom Izzo. How true ... it cracked me up

OhioProstar
10-09-2006, 10:09 AM
BBB - Yes he did and yes Izzo has....I think he has lost only 1 game to the weasles since '98. Thank god basketball is just around the corner.

richardsoncd
10-09-2006, 10:13 AM
Hung 50 on 'em.

Go Big Orange!

What's your flavor...I think I owe you some cold ones. Damn that was a fun game until the second half.

Maristar210
10-09-2006, 10:20 AM
BBB - Yes he did and yes Izzo has....I think he has lost only 1 game to the weasles since '98. Thank god basketball is just around the corner.

And the discussion quickly shifts to MSU basketball :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

OhioProstar
10-09-2006, 10:23 AM
Now, Now Maristar...I tried to move to basketball around Sept 3rd. So nothing new here. I was impressed with scUM this weekend. They moved the ball effeciently and their D is pretty outstanding upfront. I just wish State had gone verticle more often because downfield looked to be their best bet...then again with Stanton on his back most of the day it made it hard.

BIGBADBLUE
10-09-2006, 10:37 AM
I go into depression mode around the first week in January ... UM basketball is a lot like rooting for the Lions or MSU football ... Lots of hype and no wins

captain planet
10-09-2006, 01:00 PM
I go into depression mode around the first week in January ... Lots of hype and no wins
Gee, I'm sorry you don't have anything to root for when college bowl season comes around. 8p

Bobby
10-09-2006, 09:36 PM
Hey, Bobby, you still hang around here? Good game today! All the same, hook 'em!

texas still sucks 8p

11 penalties, 5 turnovers.... :mad: :mad: :mad:

I hope that we can get things turned around and can get a quarterback who can throw accurately.

Maristar210
10-09-2006, 09:55 PM
Now, Now Maristar...I tried to move to basketball around Sept 3rd. So nothing new here. I was impressed with scUM this weekend. They moved the ball effeciently and their D is pretty outstanding upfront. I just wish State had gone verticle more often because downfield looked to be their best bet...then again with Stanton on his back most of the day it made it hard.

What the hell ever dude. you MSU Guys crack me up, I love how you spartans love to talk crap until you lose then you insist upon discussing basketball. You guys are imploding and the Sparty faithful are on board a sinking vessel... gulp gulp

face it

LakePirate
10-10-2006, 09:16 AM
What's your flavor...I think I owe you some cold ones. Damn that was a fun game until the second half.

I would have to say that the game was much better the other way around.:D

Now all we have to do is learn how to tackle somebody on special teams.

Not that I ever thought I would make this statement in my life, but Florida is a whole lot better than anybody thinks they are.
Well maybe not trickskier.

OhioProstar
10-10-2006, 10:06 AM
What the hell ever dude. you MSU Guys crack me up, I love how you spartans love to talk crap until you lose then you insist upon discussing basketball. You guys are imploding and the Sparty faithful are on board a sinking vessel... gulp gulp

face it

Actually, I have never talked smack about State beating anyone with a solid team. In fact I have talked up even the scUM performance on the field, but your reply is the very reason I can still have a honest disdain for a team and their ilk. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

trickskier
10-10-2006, 10:35 AM
I would have to say that the game was much better the other way around.:D

Now all we have to do is learn how to tackle somebody on special teams.

Not that I ever thought I would make this statement in my life, but Florida is a whole lot better than anybody thinks they are.
Well maybe not trickskier.

Hey LP,
Tebow has added another dimension to the Gators. If you will recall, it was the 4th & 1 that he converted that lead to the touchdown that beat the Vols.......The Vols are playing better ball now than they were when they played the Gators......but so are the Gators.......By the way welcome to the 50 points club.......Only two teams to score more than 50 points between the hedges Florida & Tennessee......Saturday night will determine if the Gators deserve to be ranked #2.

uncleboo
10-10-2006, 12:15 PM
GO UT VOLS!!!! I can't even remember the last time UT scored 50 on anybody. I feel sorry for Alabama next week. FL is playing great ball, but I would love it if the Vols got another shot at them. The SEC Championship Game should be the national championship game--Flame on!

Maristar210
10-10-2006, 01:19 PM
Actually, I have never talked smack about State beating anyone with a solid team. In fact I have talked up even the scUM performance on the field, but your reply is the very reason I can still have a honest disdain for a team and their ilk. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No need to call them scum. I didn't call anyone scum or any other name that I recall....

Any truth to the rumor of Mariucci coming in for John L?
I see Muooch just signed to be with NFL network....

www.spartantailgate.com

BIGBADBLUE
10-10-2006, 01:45 PM
Actually Smith is probably the best MSU can do ... he has brought them back to respectability. MSU will never be a football powerhouse. Maybe a couple years here or there but never consistant. There recruiting is too regionally based and they can not attract the talent. They are a hoop school that is OK in football. Nothing wrong with that ... it is what it is.

Besides I have come to count on the MSU win everyyear under Smith.

OhioProstar
10-10-2006, 03:37 PM
Any truth to the rumor of Mariucci coming in for John L?
I see Muooch just signed to be with NFL network....

www.spartantailgate.com

There is a lot of talk....actually I don't see them firing Smith this year. This is the first year with his recruits and next year Brian Hoyer is a QB that is more built for his system. If you fire him you are back to the drawing board and the team would need to learn a new system all together. What they need are better big eaters up front to protect a drop back, spread offense QB and a Defense that can stay off the field for more than half the game. Lets say they do fire Smith and bring in Mooch...with his inability to control teams how long will he be there? Then you have Izzo possibly mad when that move doesn't pan out. I think that is too much risk without the upside.

BBB is right that they are really too regionally focused on recruiting and then end up with problem child 3 star recruits that can't keep from things like THREE defensive offsides, or TWO running into the punter from happening, not to mention the off the field BS.

If you look at the teams in last lasted when my dad was there in the 60's, you had recruits that other Southern teams would not take. The Bear would send many recruits to Duffy and Joe Pa because he couldn't start them. Since then you have had too many years of medocrity to keep big time boosters from hitting the panic button after a couple seasons. Ahh....there goes my blood pressure.

Maristar210
10-10-2006, 04:37 PM
I don't see it either. I just wondered what you thought.

BIGBADBLUE
10-10-2006, 04:59 PM
Seriously - I will be bumbed if they fire JL. I think he has done a pretty good job getting putting the team together. They may have chocked in a few games and it affected their entire season but he is implementing a new system. Now if does not show progress next year with his recruits and system then he should probably be on the hot seat.

I would love to see them win this weekend. UM will have a tough time this weekend as well with PSU. Mario is out and there other reciever other than Arrington can not catch the ball.

P-hat_in_Cincy
10-10-2006, 05:26 PM
...I would love to see them win this weekend.
You want to see MSU win this weekend???

WHAT!?!?! And destroy your 'strength of schedule' come BCS time? OSU and UM win out until 11/18 and whichever team wins (Buckeyes :D ) has benefited. Think about it...would you rather beat a #7 team (tOSU loss vs. MSU if you get your wish) come 11/18 or a #1 team??? Easy math in my book!

BIGBADBLUE
10-10-2006, 05:38 PM
It does not matter what OSU's ranking is at the end of the year. If UM goes 12-0 they will be in the National Championship game. Others will probably lose. I doubt UM will go undefeated so it is not that big of a deal anyway.

5 points to considering:

#1 - Anytime OSU loses it is a good thing
#2 - Anytime OSU loses it is a good thing
#3 - I like MSU MUCH more than OSU
#4 - Anytime OSU loses it is a good thing
#5 - Anytime OSU loses it is a good thing

Footin
10-10-2006, 09:27 PM
I REALLLLLYYY do not agree with 1 through 5.

P-hat_in_Cincy
10-10-2006, 09:55 PM
It does not matter what OSU's ranking is at the end of the year. If UM goes 12-0 they will be in the National Championship game.

That's a pretty strong statement to make with a couple teams in front of your team right now. All polls show tOSU Buckeyes control their own destiny at this point. Who is #2 is open for debate. That is where the BCS strength of schedule comes in (IMO), as it is 1/3 of the final determination. If your team happens to remain 4th and beats the #1 team in the nation, that will give a strong push/argument to vault them ahead of 2 or 3. However, if your team beats a #7 team...well then you should have won that game and remain at (possibly) #3. Removing all emotion, all I'm stating is that (IMO) your team should want tOSU Buckeyes to remain #1 until 11/18.

Too bad it's so hard to remove emotion b/w your team and my Buckeyes (as I too would smirk with ANY loss by your team), but to get to the championship game sometimes you must.

(Takes off sweater vest and hangs it in the closet)

:toast: Here's to the Buckeyes opening up a can of whoop@ss on your team 11/18!

trickskier
10-10-2006, 10:02 PM
It does not matter what OSU's ranking is at the end of the year. If UM goes 12-0 they will be in the National Championship game.

While winterizing your boat you must have forgotten about that team from FLORIDA that just leaped frogged your beloved wolverines in the polls.:steering: :eek3: :worthy:

OhioProstar
10-10-2006, 10:23 PM
Michael Corleone said "Keep your friends close and your enemies closer".

That's why Ohio ProState and I are such good friends...:

I love it...if I could change my login I would.:toast:

Maristar210
10-10-2006, 11:09 PM
OPS

All in good fun. I knew you would like it ......

Steve

LakePirate
10-11-2006, 12:51 AM
FYI

They removed strength of schedule from the BCS last season.

P-hat_in_Cincy
10-11-2006, 09:11 AM
FYI

They removed strength of schedule from the BCS last season.

Really? My bad. However, I guess it still does have some influence either in the computer polls and/or people polls. At least that's what I get out of this read from Cleveland's rag, The Plain Dealer...

"In the meantime, the best thing for Buckeyes fans to do, like it or not, is to root for both Michigan and Notre Dame the rest of the season, because the success of the Wolverines and Fighting Irish would help Ohio State with the computers. As an opponent, Ohio State should want Michigan as strong as possible, and as an opponent of an opponent (Notre Dame lost to Michigan), the Irish influence the Buckeyes as well. The first BCS standings will be released on Sunday."

LakePirate
10-11-2006, 10:40 AM
I think that one of the computer polls uses it and the human factor.

The Tennessee Volunteers are in a pickle as well. Do you hope Florida wins out, and your only loss is by one point to the #1/#2 ranked team in the land and hope you wind up in a BCS Game, or do you cheer for them to lose twice and the Vols pick up the SEC championship and a BCS game?

eltesoro
10-11-2006, 10:46 AM
My Tigers laid an egg last week end. I hope Tubbs has his head out of his butt for the Gators. They may drop 50 on us if he does not.

LakePirate
10-11-2006, 02:22 PM
So our Esteemed Governor has decided to take on the Atlanta Journal and Constitution regarding the headline used in the College Football Section on Sunday. The headline following the 51-33 victory by Tennessee read:

Dogs get put in their place

He proceeded to write a letter to the editor regarding this.

READERS RESPOND

AJC's anti-Georgia theme resounds

Published on: 10/10/06
I finally figured out why your readers no longer have confidence in your opinion.

Sunday's sports page headline ("Dogs get put in their place," referring to Georgia's 51-33 loss to Tennessee, College Football, Oct. 8) is an indication of the way The Atlanta Journal-Constitution views Georgia. From the front page to the business page and now to the sports page, it is as if the AJC gleefully awaits lousy news about all things Georgia and pounces with their poison pens whenever bad things happen to the good people of our state.

Other cities celebrate the successes and mourn the losses of local businesses, individuals and sports teams. The AJC takes the opposite position and instead of boosterism criticizes, investigates and ridicules all things Georgia.

The AJC, not UGA, is the real loser. In its mean-spirited delight over misfortunes, it has squandered the precious First Amendment right to influence and thus be considered a trustworthy source of objectivity. No wonder more and more people are tuning you out and turning you off.

SONNY PERDUE

Perdue is governor of Georgia.

Go Big Orange!

#47of100TeamMC
10-11-2006, 02:56 PM
Anybody going to the Gopher Badger game this saturday in Madison WI? GO GOPHERS! however we are sitting in the student section, and I don't want to get killed, so I won't be wearing maroon and gold. Hopefully it isn't another re-peat of last season. who would have thought that the punter doesn't have the best hands on the team...

P-hat_in_Cincy
10-13-2006, 04:15 PM
5 more games until THE Game. The team up north has a couple trying weeks ahead while the BUCKEYES of Ohio State have to expel some ghosts this weekend vs. MSU.

BUT...here's what SI.com has to say about THE Game on 11.18.06 (click for larger image)...
http://i104.photobucket.com/albums/m163/paulbro/Misc/OSU_1.jpg

shepherd
10-13-2006, 05:30 PM
5 more games until THE Game. The team up north has a couple trying weeks ahead while the BUCKEYES of Ohio State have to expel some ghosts this weekend vs. MSU.

BUT...here's what SI.com has to say about THE Game on 11.18.06 (click for larger image)...

Hopefully, both teams will remain undefeated. I'll be watching right along with you Phat, but rooting for the "team up north" on 11/18!

atlfootr
10-13-2006, 05:44 PM
South Carolina Cheerleader says, cocks rock :o

trickskier
10-13-2006, 06:22 PM
South Carolina Cheerleader says, cocks rock :o

Now I know why Spurrier decided to coach at SC! :dance: :uglyhamme

Smitty
10-14-2006, 07:28 PM
Take that Iowa: 31 - 28

Maristar210
10-14-2006, 09:14 PM
38-7 OSU over Prostate's Spartys.......

Dude, John L looks like a mime on the sidelines. I was more fired up coaching my 9 year old this morning. No desire from the staff = no desire on the field.....

P-hat_in_Cincy
10-14-2006, 11:59 PM
Wow...shaped up to be "upset Saturday"!
Not for the Buckeyes tho...

tOSU Buckeyes #1...the team up north #2 come Monday???

atlfootr
10-15-2006, 01:06 PM
Time Out -- it's "The Bobby Bowden Show" !

GO 'NOLES !

mbeach
10-15-2006, 01:18 PM
While winterizing your boat you must have forgotten about that team from FLORIDA that just leaped frogged your beloved wolverines in the polls.:steering: :eek3: :worthy:
tough loss tricks. can't believe tubby's comment about finally getting a call with respect to the leak 'fumble'. au-barn gets more calls go their way than any team i have seen. late hits out of bounds not getting called against au-barn seem to be the rule in the alabama plains.

trickskier
10-16-2006, 10:19 AM
tough loss tricks. can't believe tubby's comment about finally getting a call with respect to the leak 'fumble'. au-barn gets more calls go their way than any team i have seen. late hits out of bounds not getting called against au-barn seem to be the rule in the alabama plains.

I knew all along that the Auburn game was going to be the tougest of the season. The bright spot was the Gators did not allow Auburn to score an offensive TD......Hopefully, the Gators will win out and get another shot at Auburn in the SEC Championship game. :)

atlfootr
10-16-2006, 11:36 AM
Leave it to UM to screw up another one :noface:

CORAL GABLES, Fla. (AP) -- After reviewing a sideline-clearing brawl between players from Miami and Florida International, officials from both schools and their conferences on Sunday announced the suspension of 31 players -- 13 from the Hurricanes, and 18 from FIU.

Each suspended player must sit out his team's next game for taking part in the ugly melee that marred the teams' Saturday matchup. Miami plays at Duke on Saturday, FIU plays at Alabama Oct. 28.

More sanctions are still possible, officials from both schools said Sunday night.
"These suspensions send a clear and definitive message that this type of behavior will not be tolerated," said Atlantic Coast Conference Commissioner John Swofford.

The ACC and Miami (4-2) suspended Carlos Armour, Chris Barney, James Bryant, Tyrone Byrd, DajLeon Farr, Ryan Hill, Bruce Johnson, Charlie Jones, Brandon Meriweather, Brian Monroe, Derrick Morse, Randy Phillips and Anthony Reddick.

"I don't have many bad days," Miami coach Larry Coker said Sunday morning, long before the suspensions were announced shortly after 10 p.m. "This is a bad day. And last night was a bad night."

Meanwhile, officials from the Sun Belt Conference and FIU (0-7) suspended Michael Alls, Scott Bryant, Roland Clark, Michael Dominquez, John Ellis, Cory Fleming, Reginald Jones, Marshall McDuffie Jr., Robert Mitchell, Quintin Newman, Luis Pena, Jarvis Penerton, Julian Reams, Lionell Singleton, Chris Smith, Samuel Smith, Mannie Wellington and Chandler Williams.
"There is no place in higher education for the type of conduct exhibited," Sun Belt Conference Commissioner Wright Waters said.

There were many instances of heated words being exchanged during -- and even before -- the game. But shortly after halftime, unsportsmanlike turned into unruly.
Bryant pointed at the FIU bench and bowed to the crowd after catching a touchdown pass with 9 minutes left in the third quarter. Moments later, FIU's Chris Smith wrestled Miami holder Matt Perrelli to the ground and punched him.

McDuffie kicked Perrelli in the helmet. Morse jumped onto the Smith-Perrelli pile, Singleton followed and tried to punch the Hurricanes' Calais Campbell -- and benches began to empty.
"You've got to back up each other," said Miami quarterback Kyle Wright. "You're not just going to sit out there and let guys get beat up."

Several players from both sides appeared to throw punches. Meriweather was seen attempting to stomp on FIU players, while an injured Golden Panther swung a crutch menacingly at several Miami players.

Meanwhile, Reddick charged across the field, helmet raised over his head, and slammed it into Mitchell. "Disgraceful," Coker said.

The suspensions come at a terrible time for Miami, which has six ACC games remaining -- and probably needs five wins to even have a chance at playing for the conference title.
Yes, Miami is playing winless Duke next week, not anyone in the ACC's upper echelon. Still, the Hurricanes will have to play that game without their best kick returner (Johnson), their second-best running back (Jones), two starters in the secondary (Meriweather and Randy Phillips), their right guard (Morse) and their punter (Monroe).

Plus, starting right tackle Jason Fox and linebacker Jon Beason were injured Saturday night and their availability isn't known for the Duke game. So all of a sudden, what could have been an easy game doesn't look so easy anymore.

And it's only worse for FIU -- which would have been a big underdog at Alabama anyway, but now will visit the Crimson Tide without nearly half of its regular starting lineup.

"I can promise you," FIU coach Don Strock said, "that this will never happen again."
The fight marred what was supposed to be the beginning of a rivalry between two schools with players who grew up playing each other on high school fields in South Florida. Knowing that, Coker said he expected tensions to be high.

"I was very concerned about this and we addressed it a lot of times throughout the week," Coker said. "As the game started to get away from them, I was very, very concerned that something like this might happen." It's the third on-field incident involving the Hurricanes in their last seven games. And there's been plenty of off-the-field ones, too.

-- Several Miami players fought with LSU players following the Tigers' 40-3 win in the Peach Bowl, a brawl that quickly escalated into an out-of-control melee in the tunnel leading from the field.

-- Shortly before the Miami-Louisville game Sept. 16, virtually the entire Hurricanes' roster jumped on the Cardinals logo at midfield -- an act widely viewed as a taunting gesture. Afterward, several Miami players chided teammates for their involvement in that incident.

-- A Miami player was shot outside his home shortly before training camp began in what players contend was a robbery attempt. Meriweather returned fire at the alleged assailants. Police said he acted legally.

-- Wide receiver Ryan Moore, who was sent home from the Peach Bowl for violating team rules, was suspended for the first two games of 2006 for other violations. He is expected to be charged this week with misdemeanors stemming from an August fight with a woman. He hasn't played this season.

And now, perhaps, comes the worst blow of them all, a melee that was out of hand within seconds of starting. Despite all that, Coker -- who has been under fire from alumni and Miami fans throughout the season, and whose job security seems to be a constant source of speculation around Coral Gables -- bristled at the suggestion that he doesn't have control of his team.
"I do have a grip on this program," Coker said. "Don't ever doubt that. Don't ever doubt that."

Copyright 2006 Associated Press (http://www.tmcowners.com/interactive_legal.html#AP). All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.:noface:

trickskier
10-16-2006, 11:38 AM
Leave it to UM to screw up another one :noface:

THUGS will be THUGS!!!

atlfootr
10-16-2006, 11:44 AM
THUGS will be THUGS!!!More like ANIMALS, if ya ask me :rolleyes:

atlfootr
10-16-2006, 11:57 AM
:rolleyes: This OK, she's NFL .

6ballsisall
10-16-2006, 11:58 AM
ATL, I like your thinking!!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^:D

Well my Huskers are #17 this year. Can't wait for the day when they are back on top. In the meantime, I am happy to see they beat K State this past weekend.

atlfootr
10-16-2006, 12:08 PM
Posted on behalf of Trickskier ...

trickskier
10-16-2006, 12:09 PM
:rolleyes: This OK, she's NFL .

Nice one footr!!! I really like the LIPS!!!!

trickskier
10-16-2006, 12:12 PM
Posted on behalf of Trickskier ...

Appreciated footr!! Especially after this weekends loss.

atlfootr
10-16-2006, 12:12 PM
Nice one footr!!! I really like the LIPS!!!!I wasn't look'n that high up 8p

atlfootr
10-16-2006, 01:20 PM
I jus pass'd my 1,500th post ... hopefully w/ she's NFL :dance:

Bobby
10-16-2006, 02:35 PM
Adrian Peterson down for the season. OU's schedule just got a little harder.

atlfootr
10-16-2006, 02:55 PM
Adrian Peterson down for the season. OU's schedule just got a little harder.Say hey, to my buddy Tobey for me will ya :)

eltesoro
10-16-2006, 05:25 PM
I knew all along that the Auburn game was going to be the tougest of the season. The bright spot was the Gators did not allow Auburn to score an offensive TD......Hopefully, the Gators will win out and get another shot at Auburn in the SEC Championship game. :)

well, it was one hell of a game on the plains this week end. The gators are a very good team and it will be hard to beat them in the SEC championship if we make it. After the first half i was scared you all were going to score 100 on us.

trickskier
10-16-2006, 05:35 PM
well, it was one hell of a game on the plains this week end. The gators are a very good team and it will be hard to beat them in the SEC championship if we make it. After the first half i was scared you all were going to score 100 on us.

I agree it was a good game. I just hope they get back on track and beat the dawgs next week.

LakePirate
10-16-2006, 07:26 PM
Can someone please explain to me how

1) California is ranked higher than Tennessee in the BCS? 35-18 Vols.

2) How in holy H-E-double Hockey Sticks can Notre Dame be ranked so high? If they beat USC is will put them in the National Championship Game. Un-Frickin-Believable.

I was watching one of the Sports Center-go to the College Football Desk thingies and Desmond Howard had Cal in his top five and no Tennessee while (don't remember the other person) had Tennessee in the top five and no Cal. The personality who was in charge of the "experts" called out Desmond, reminding him that Tennessee did beat Cal a couple of weeks ago.

Unreal.

LakePirate
10-21-2006, 11:48 AM
Ladies and Gentlemen, today is the 3rd saturday in October.

GO BIG ORANGE!

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l61/LakePirate/PowerT.jpg

trickskier
10-21-2006, 08:52 PM
Big come back against bama today LP, but the GATORS are still in the drivers seat in the SEC EAST!

OhioProstar
10-21-2006, 09:15 PM
HOLY $^&%

The Biggest Come Back in the history of 1-A Football, down 38-3 in the late third quarter....and it was Michigan State 41-38. I just don't get it....I guess a Win is a Win.

GO GREEN

OhioProState Rules

Footin
10-21-2006, 09:21 PM
Your coach needed that win............BAD.

OhioProstar
10-21-2006, 09:31 PM
yes he did...but the word on the street is JL Smith is gone.

Footin
10-21-2006, 09:37 PM
Too bad, us Buckeye fans liked him.

He is still a good coach IMHO.

OhioProstar
10-21-2006, 10:11 PM
You know.....I think the Spartans would put up lots of points on any team as long as they are in a 2 minute offense. When they get away from the no-huddle...they lose.

It will be fun to pull for the Bucks against my Boyz Maristar and BBB next month!!!!

Go Green...Go White..Victory for MSU

P-hat_in_Cincy
10-22-2006, 09:56 PM
tOSU Buckeyes 44. Indiana 3. WHOOT!

Maristar210
10-22-2006, 10:17 PM
We are getting ready. I'll be at the Northwestern vs. UM game next weekend.

Flying down in a private single to avoid the traffic.

Looks like the new BCS standings are out and UM has moved up to #2.

Maybe Lloyd Carr can coach for a change in Columbus.

Steve