PDA

View Full Version : Official: "Its College Football Season" Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29

CantRepeat
11-30-2012, 11:07 AM
So tea-bag a guy and get 2 years in the state pen!!! Judge must have been an LSU grad!!! Oh, when he gets out he has to register as a sex offender too!

http://www.sportsgrid.com/ncaa-football/alabama-tea-bagger-jai/

captain planet
11-30-2012, 11:28 AM
So tea-bag a guy and get 2 years in the state pen!!! Judge must have been an LSU grad!!! Oh, when he gets out he has to register as a sex offender too!

2 years?!....for that? :confused: What the "foxtrot" is this country coming to? There was no 'physical' harm done. I'm sure that this activity has taken place at MANY frat houses across the college landscape as a prank. What a joke. I guess when you have private companies running our prison system, all they care about is filling a bed so they can issue an invoice. What a bunch of crap.

FWIW, if it were a meatchicken fan who did that to a Buckeyes fan....I would feel the same way. If any lesson needs to be learned, it's don't pass out and control your drinking.

tideengineer
11-30-2012, 11:33 AM

Absolutely stupid...you could fill up Tiger Stadium if you arrested everyone for all the indecent exposure, groping, etc. that goes on at Bourbon Street. Moral is, make sure there aint a camera around if you pull your sack out.

CantRepeat
11-30-2012, 12:37 PM
2 years?!....for that? :confused: What the "foxtrot" is this country coming to? There was no 'physical' harm done. I'm sure that this activity has taken place at MANY frat houses across the college landscape as a prank. What a joke. I guess when you have private companies running our prison system, all they care about is filling a bed so they can issue an invoice. What a bunch of crap.

FWIW, if it were a meatchicken fan who did that to a Buckeyes fan....I would feel the same way. If any lesson needs to be learned, it's don't pass out and control your drinking.

Absolutely stupid...you could fill up Tiger Stadium if you arrested everyone for all the indecency exposure, groping, etc. that goes on at Bourbon Street. Moral is, make sure there aint a camera around if you pull your sack out.

Yeah and Lindsay Lohan gets probation for multi DUIs and grand theft!!! wth?

CantRepeat
11-30-2012, 07:35 PM
All the odds in Vegas have Bama by 7.5 points. I hope it isn't that close of a game!!

cf_koch
11-30-2012, 10:11 PM
OSU is not the only team from Ohio doing well. Although I'm an Ohio State fan through and through but look at what Kent State is doing this year. 11-1, in the MAC Championship game, ranked 16th, and in the running for a BCS Bowl game. Go Golden Flashes

hondaprlud
11-30-2012, 11:32 PM
OSU is not the only team from Ohio doing well. Although I'm an Ohio State fan through and through but look at what Kent State is doing this year. 11-1, in the MAC Championship game, ranked 16th, and in the running for a BCS Bowl game. Go Golden Flashes

That was a tough loss. Great season by Kent State!

Double D
11-30-2012, 11:39 PM
That was a tough loss. Great season by Kent State!

At least they decided to make a game out of it!! My wife's Alma mater.

trickskier
12-01-2012, 08:59 AM
Demo Man's new ride --- :confused::rolleyes:

trickskier
12-01-2012, 09:02 AM
Rear view ---:D:rolleyes:

DemolitionMan
12-01-2012, 11:57 AM
Are you following me?:D;)

1redTA
12-01-2012, 12:28 PM
two years for tea bagging?!? Your sentenced to a year per testicle as the gavel slams the bench

CantRepeat
12-01-2012, 01:50 PM
The owner of that car should get 2 years as well!!!

Fresh and So Clean --- what the hell does that even mean?

If window flags are a way to pump up your team, then he got it going on!!

orbeamlb
12-01-2012, 02:27 PM
;)So tea-bag a guy and get 2 years in the state pen!!! Judge must have been an LSU grad!!! Oh, when he gets out he has to register as a sex offender too!

Disclaimer: I do bleed Purple and Gold

That was pretty classless of the BAMA fans but for the guy to get two years while DUI offenders who could have killed or maimed someone get a pass defies common sense.

They could have just brought the offender down a few blocks to the aquarium and have him tea bag one of the White Alligators.

trickskier
12-01-2012, 03:10 PM
The owner of that car should get 2 years as well!!!

Fresh and So Clean --- what the hell does that even mean?

If window flags are a way to pump up your team, then he got it going on!!

I agree - I damn near spewed coke on my dash when I saw it!!!

What a POS!!!

_fng_
12-02-2012, 08:24 AM
http://www.uwbadgerssportstravel.com/cached/_images/smartcrop/340x190/93ac76081c88ca3831c33b2ed99b5c3c/wisconsin-rose-bowl-helmet-6220.jpg

not the prettiest season (understatement) but still got to the rose bowl! Now it's time to win one for a change.

CantRepeat
12-02-2012, 10:02 AM
Last nights SEC champ game was one of the best games for the entire season. I wish I would have recorded it.

I stop wanting close games after that loss to A&M but I hope ND gives a good game.

trickskier
12-02-2012, 11:44 AM
Last nights SEC champ game was one of the best games for the entire season. I wish I would have recorded it.

I stop wanting close games after that loss to A&M but I hope ND gives a good game.

I doubt Notre Dame will be able to hang with Bama. Most of Notre Dames opponents were barely over .500

Navy 7-4
Perdue 6-6
Mich. St. 6-6
Mich. 8-4
Miami 7-5
Stanford 10-2
BYU 7-5
Oklahoma 10-2
Pitt 6-6
B.C. 2-10
W.F. 5-7
USC 7-5

CantRepeat
12-02-2012, 11:55 AM
I doubt Notre Dame will be able to hang with Bama. Most of Notre Dames opponents were barely over .500

Navy 7-4
Perdue 6-6
Mich. St. 6-6
Mich. 8-4
Miami 7-5
Stanford 10-2
BYU 7-5
Oklahoma 10-2
Pitt 6-6
B.C. 2-10
W.F. 5-7
USC 7-5

All the more reason to get this playoff style post season going. When does it start. 2013 or 14?

bbymgr
12-02-2012, 12:19 PM

Navy 7-4
Perdue 6-6
Mich. St. 6-6
Mich. 8-4
Miami 7-5
Stanford 10-2
BYU 7-5
Oklahoma 10-2
Pitt 6-6
B.C. 2-10
W.F. 5-7
USC 7-5

Hey Tricky......Alabama schedule wasn't any better. ND's opponents had a combined 62 losses and only 2 of the teams had losing records. Alabama played 1 extra game so I will subtract out the opponent with the worst record(W. Carolina 1-10), Alabama's opponents still had a combined 65 loses. Alabama also played 6 teams with a losing record. I'm not a ND fan, but I think this will end up being a very close game. Alabama hasn't played a rushing defense as good as ND's all year. I still think Alabama will win this, but I look for a final score of something around 13-10 or 10-6.

tideengineer
12-02-2012, 01:10 PM
I am excited about seeing Alabama vs. Notre Dame! Roll Tide!

cbryan70
12-02-2012, 10:29 PM
how about NIU pretty excited to see how they do in the prime time.

tideengineer
12-03-2012, 09:27 AM
Stage is set for some pretty good games this year. Happy Holidays to all.

captain planet
12-03-2012, 10:12 AM
Like last year, I'm not even going to watch the national championship game. Another sec team and another team I can't stand, notre lame, so who cares. notre lame is awful and will get blown out by nobama so why watch. They are really overrated.

I would have been much more interested if Oregon or K. State were in it.

CantRepeat
12-03-2012, 10:20 AM
Like last year, I'm not even going to watch the national championship game. Another sec team and another team I can't stand, notre lame, so who cares. notre lame is awful and will get blown out by nobama so why watch. They are really overrated.

You sound mad. :D

BrooksfamX2
12-03-2012, 10:35 AM
I would have been much more interested if Oregon was in it ..........

Same here....... :(

SkiDog
12-03-2012, 10:37 AM

He can't stand the fact that the SEC rules college football!;)

captain planet
12-03-2012, 11:01 AM

Not mad really, just can't stand notre lame or their coach. He is morally vacant.

CruisinGA
12-03-2012, 11:10 AM
Not mad really, just can't stand notre lame or their coach. He is morally vacant.

Pretty strong statement- I don't know the first thing about Kelly, what has he done?

captain planet
12-03-2012, 11:36 AM
Pretty strong statement- I don't know the first thing about Kelly, what has he done?

He was the coach of the Cinicinnati Bearcats. He takes them to a conference championship, takes them to the biggest bowl game in school history, a BCS bowl against florida. notre lame fires their coach and goes after brian kelly. The catch is, kelly has to take the position immediately. So he takes it and abandons his team and his players for $$$$$$. He had seniors on that team that had given him 4 or in some cases 5 years of their lives to work to that point and he turns his back on them.

Kelly should have told notre lame, I'll take the position right after I finish this season with these boys, they deserve that. The school should have said, OK, that is fine.

If that conversation never happened, shame on kelly. If it did and he had to go or lose the job, shame on the school and shame on kelly. Either way the entire situation is void of any morals or dignity.

Sorry, that is completely unacceptable in my eyes and he gets zero respect from me for the way that situation was handled.

76S&S
12-03-2012, 02:27 PM
...and will get blown out by nobama so why watch. They are really overrated.

Just because you don't like ND is no reason to associate our president with the state of AL. We voted republican...:D:D:D

tideengineer
12-03-2012, 02:43 PM
now that's some funny stuff right there....I don't care who you are!

captain planet
12-03-2012, 03:05 PM
Just because you don't like ND is no reason to associate our president with the state of AL. We voted republican...:D:D:D

....sorry. Force of habit. A college buddy of mine got a job there, so in giving him a hard time about it I have been referring to alabama as nobama. 8p

stuartmcnair
12-03-2012, 03:40 PM
put the dagger in...

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee188/bamamag/20121201SECCG/20121201_SECCG_674_12-01-12.jpg

76S&S
12-03-2012, 04:09 PM
Stuart, great pic; is it one of yours?

tideengineer
12-03-2012, 04:25 PM
Amari Cooper is a freshman...wow. He has some serious burners on him.

CantRepeat
12-03-2012, 04:41 PM
Amari Cooper is a freshman...wow. He has some serious burners on him.

Yeah he does and every bit as tall and talented as Mr Jones is. It's gonna be a good next 3 years I believe.

Did you see McElory might be the new starter for the Jets?

76S&S
12-03-2012, 04:46 PM
Yeah he does and every bit as tall and talented as Mr Jones is. It's gonna be a good next 3 years I believe.

Better make that 2 years. It won't take much improvement from him, for the teams at the next level to be knocking at his door.:(

trickskier
12-03-2012, 06:16 PM

I'll bet Tebow's ribs heal faster now!

CantRepeat
12-03-2012, 10:17 PM

Nothing like job loss to speed up the healing process!!! :D

tideengineer
12-03-2012, 10:39 PM

McElroy is smart and a winner. Hope he gets a chance.

captain planet
12-04-2012, 11:58 AM

If you think tebags ribs are hurt, I have some ocean front property in Nebraska for you.

captain planet
12-04-2012, 01:50 PM
Siri speaks

captain planet
12-04-2012, 03:42 PM
Well, another coach with morals issues.......

Bret Bielema to Arkansas: Wisconsin coach leaving for SEC
By Jason Kirk on Dec 4, 3:06p

Ethan Miller

Arkansas' year-long coaching search will conclude with Bret Bielema, who wants to stick around for the Rose Bowl.

"The card said leave in the middle of your third straight Rose Bowl trip," might be how Bret Bielema explains his move from Wisconsin to Arkansas, if Pat Forde's report is accurate. Forde also reports the announcement will come Tuesday.

Update: Bruce Feldman confirms, and Mark Schlabach reports Bielema wants to coach the Rose Bowl.

Bielema is 68-24 at Wisconsin, with four 10-win seasons and three Big Ten titles to his name. He was ... absolutely nowhere near the list of reported candidates at any point during the epic Arkansas coaching search. This is quite a surprise, but that's how Jeff Long operates.

This follows rumors that everyone from Jon Gruden to Mike Gundy was just inches away from being hired. However, Forde is by far the most legitimate name to declare a hire imminent.

Bielema, you'll recall, is the coach who called out Ohio State's Urban Meyer for stealing recruits. And now he's reportedly going to the SEC West. He's also made a name for turning ACC transfer quarterbacks into pieces of Rose Bowl teams.

As for Wisconsin, how about those many coordinators who've left Wisconsin for elsewhere? Pitt coach Paul Chryst and new N.C. State coach Dave Doeren have got to be the first names on the Wisconsin fan's list.

So I guess moral depravity is exacerbated by $$$$ in college football coaching. We'll see if he sticks around for his players or goes for the green.

_fng_
12-04-2012, 04:28 PM
Pitt coach Paul Chryst and new N.C. State coach Dave Doeren have got to be the first names on the Wisconsin fan's list.

Paul Chryst should be receiving a phone call right about now! As much as it sucks pulling a coach from another program it's the nature of things. College football is a major industry and people want to get paid as such. It is hard to blame someone for going for the money, I would probably do the same thing.

Wisconsin would do well to get Chryst or pull a Kstate/Nebraska and get Barry Alvarez back on the sidelines!!

CantRepeat
12-04-2012, 04:31 PM
Well, another coach with morals issues.......

Bret Bielema to Arkansas: Wisconsin coach leaving for SEC
By Jason Kirk on Dec 4, 3:06p

Ethan Miller

Arkansas' year-long coaching search will conclude with Bret Bielema, who wants to stick around for the Rose Bowl.

"The card said leave in the middle of your third straight Rose Bowl trip," might be how Bret Bielema explains his move from Wisconsin to Arkansas, if Pat Forde's report is accurate. Forde also reports the announcement will come Tuesday.

Update: Bruce Feldman confirms, and Mark Schlabach reports Bielema wants to coach the Rose Bowl.

Bielema is 68-24 at Wisconsin, with four 10-win seasons and three Big Ten titles to his name. He was ... absolutely nowhere near the list of reported candidates at any point during the epic Arkansas coaching search. This is quite a surprise, but that's how Jeff Long operates.

This follows rumors that everyone from Jon Gruden to Mike Gundy was just inches away from being hired. However, Forde is by far the most legitimate name to declare a hire imminent.

Bielema, you'll recall, is the coach who called out Ohio State's Urban Meyer for stealing recruits. And now he's reportedly going to the SEC West. He's also made a name for turning ACC transfer quarterbacks into pieces of Rose Bowl teams.

As for Wisconsin, how about those many coordinators who've left Wisconsin for elsewhere? Pitt coach Paul Chryst and new N.C. State coach Dave Doeren have got to be the first names on the Wisconsin fan's list.

So I guess moral depravity is exacerbated by $$$$ in college football coaching. We'll see if he sticks around for his players or goes for the green.

What in the hell are you going on about? :D:D

It's also a job, you know the one they use to pay the bills. Have you ever moved up in the job market for better pay, better hours, better location?

I'm sure ever coach wanted to stay a towel boy forever.

CantRepeat
12-04-2012, 04:32 PM
Looks like Auburn is looking into Bama for a new head coach. I hope he takes the job before the BCS game. I know that will please CP.

madcityskier
12-04-2012, 04:53 PM
In Madison I'm hearing a lot of Darryl Bevel talk.
As for Bielema, the most popular view is that the Badgers have been decent in spite of him, not because of him. Good coordinators can do that for you.
I'm all about Chryst myself.

aremsing
12-04-2012, 05:03 PM
Did I see CP talking about coaches with moral issues??? Aren't you still a Tressel slappy?

tideengineer
12-04-2012, 05:04 PM
Auburn hires Malzahn back...I wonder if Chizik will be his DC?

CantRepeat
12-04-2012, 05:37 PM
Waiting 34 days for the BCS game kind of sucks.

93Prostar190
12-04-2012, 05:39 PM
Sending the Badger to the SEC was a Big 10 way to start dragging that conference further into a black hole.

Notre Dame or the SEC ..... almost too hard to choose ... anyone have any old political ads on their DVR they want to share ...
Go Bucks!

93Prostar190
12-04-2012, 05:40 PM
what do the Buckeyes and Cornhuskers have in common?

both of their defenses did not play last weekend. ;)

CantRepeat
12-05-2012, 07:08 AM
In before Gus Malzahn is a POS!! lol

captain planet
12-05-2012, 08:52 AM
Looks like Auburn is looking into Bama for a new head coach. I hope he takes the job before the BCS game. I know that will please CP.

Well gee, sorry CantRepeat if I have a moral compass. :rolleyes: I don't think there needs to be rules for coaching changes between the end of the regular season and the bowl game, but it sure does show ones colors when they change ship like they do.

captain planet
12-05-2012, 08:58 AM
Did I see CP talking about coaches with moral issues??? Aren't you still a Tressel slappy?

There is a big difference between abandoning your players for more money before the biggest game in school history and having your players show their moral deficiencies by hawking their rings, jerseys, shoes, etc. for tattoos and then you getting hung out to dry for it. Huge difference. It doesn't even make sense to mention it in the same breath.

....I will say that Beilema has stated he wants to coach the Rose Bowl....that being said if arkansas doesn't let him complete the season, they are scum-bags as well. If they don't let him stay and he takes the job anyway, he isn't any better.

CantRepeat
12-05-2012, 09:17 AM
Well gee, sorry CantRepeat if I have a moral compass. :rolleyes: I don't think there needs to be rules for coaching changes between the end of the regular season and the bowl game, but it sure does show ones colors when they change ship like they do.

I don't think it's morally wrong for a coach to want a better job or to take that job when it is offered. First and foremost their job is to win football games, end of story. We are not talking about children here. We are talking about grown men playing a sport.

tideengineer
12-05-2012, 11:22 AM
From the rumor mill, Bama coordinator Kirby Smart wanted the Auburn job but two conditions could not be met. He wanted to coach the BCSNC and he wanted full disclosure of possible current NCAA investigation. Neither could be met....so he said no. So Malzahn got the job.

CantRepeat
12-05-2012, 11:38 AM
From the rumor mill, Bama coordinator Kirby Smart wanted the Auburn job but two conditions could not be met. He wanted to coach the BCSNC and he wanted full disclosure of possible current NCAA investigation. Neither could be met....so he said no. So Malzahn got the job.

I can totally understand the investigation part. I mean if there is something in the wind that might put them on probation I wouldn't want to suffer what someone else did.

CantRepeat
12-05-2012, 11:43 AM
BAMA!!

Mark Sanchez (http://www.mastercraft.com/nfl/player/mark-sanchez/638259), who has felt the wrath of the fans all season long and was benched in favor of third-stringer Greg McElroy (http://www.mastercraft.com/nfl/player/greg-mcelroy/1269051) last Sunday, will get the start this weekend, the team tweeted early Wednesday.

DemolitionMan
12-05-2012, 11:44 AM
http://www.footballgeography.com/?p=1159

captain planet
12-05-2012, 11:46 AM

My hat is off to Mr. Smart......who lives up to his last name.

tideengineer
12-05-2012, 11:48 AM
My hat is off to Mr. Smart......who lives up to his last name.

One of my favorite coaches. Nico Johnson, senior LB for 'Bama, is from my hometown and will tell story after story about respect and admiration for this guy. He has impeccable character and class....plus he is Smart!

tideengineer
12-05-2012, 11:52 AM
http://www.footballgeography.com/?p=1159

Good link demo....that's interesting....I was at 'Bama some of that time! (while my brother was at Auburn during some of their troubles!)

captain planet
12-05-2012, 12:21 PM
Good link demo....that's interesting....I was at 'Bama some of that time! (while my brother was at Auburn during some of their troubles!)

Perception is everything...I expected to see the Florida State Crimi-noles on that list a lot more. 8p:rolleyes:

76S&S
12-05-2012, 01:17 PM
60+ wins in five seasons.......
I heard this stat on the radio the other day but had to look it up for myself.

2012 - 12 & 1 one more game to go
2011 - 13 & 1
2010 - 10 & 3
2009 - 14 & 0
2008 - 12 & 2

Love them or hate them, that's impressive; 12.2 wins per year!
Roll Tide!!!

tideengineer
12-05-2012, 07:24 PM
Saban and staff are machines at recruiting....reload every year.

trickskier
12-05-2012, 09:23 PM
If you think tebags ribs are hurt, I have some ocean front property in Nebraska for you.

You know it's sad that you think that way CP. Tebow is the All American kid. The media is mad because they can't get any DIRT on him just like you! He plays his heart out - Takes Denver to the play-offs and gets traded? Why? Because Elway's ego couldn't handle it!!!

"IF" Tebow had played for osu you would be singing a different tune, but because he was on the team that demolished the suckeyes in the National Championship Game you hate him.

If the suckeyes want to play real football they'll have to join the SEC!!! The big10 conference is a has been conference!!!!

GET OVER IT!!! :D

DemolitionMan
12-05-2012, 10:10 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1428777-tennessee-football-why-jim-tressel-is-worth-the-show-cause-penalty

stuartmcnair
12-06-2012, 11:46 AM
Stuart, great pic; is it one of yours?

sorry for not responding. Yes, that is one of mine. Rest are here.

SEC Championship Photos (http://s231.photobucket.com/albums/ee188/bamamag/20121201SECCG/?albumview=slideshow)

captain planet
12-06-2012, 01:30 PM
You know it's sad that you think that way CP. Tebow is the All American kid. The media is mad because they can't get any DIRT on him just like you! He plays his heart out - Takes Denver to the play-offs and gets traded? Why? Because Elway's ego couldn't handle it!!!

"IF" Tebow had played for osu you would be singing a different tune, but because he was on the team that demolished the suckeyes in the National Championship Game you hate him.

If the suckeyes want to play real football they'll have to join the SEC!!! The big10 conference is a has been conference!!!!

GET OVER IT!!! :D

I don't care to get any dirt on him. In fact, I couldn't think less about him except on here where you won't let go about him. You have to admit it when a player you think is special isn't good enough for the 'big-boy league'. I knew Troy Smith wasn't going to amount to much in the NFL, you should have looked at teabags mechanics and been able to figure out the same thing about him. ;)

Hahahaha, Elway couldn't handle it??? Seriously? That makes no sense since Elway went out and got the best QB ever to take over.

And my hatred for teabag started when they beat OSU. :( But it only continues because the freaking media can't get enough of trying to make an 'openly christian' kid a great QB in the NFL. Let's face it, he is a way below average in the NFL. Look at his numbers, they are horrible. The only reason we are even talking about him is because he is christian and the media won't let him go. There is a reason he is no longer in Denver, because the media was making him a huge distraction for that team. This will be his last season in New York and maybe the last in the NFL, because he isn't good enough to be a starter anywhere. All he brings to the table is a bunch of media with drool hanging from their mouths and a distraction for the starting QB.

There is hope though......he could go and play in Canada. It worked for Doug Flutie.;)

captain planet
12-06-2012, 01:39 PM
It's alright though Tricky. I understand your knowledge of NFL QB's is lacking. You probably think Joe Namath and Troy Aikman deserve to be in the HOF too.8p

CantRepeat
12-06-2012, 01:57 PM
In fact, I couldn't think less about him except on here where you won't let go about him.

Hahahaha, Elway couldn't handle it??? Seriously? That makes no sense since Elway went out and got the best QB ever to take over.

We feel the same way about ron paul. :D

Yeah, he couldn't handle it. He had said all along that Tebow was terrible and that they should not recruit him. What happens next? 5 wins and playoffs and he makes Elway eat his words so what does Elway do? Brings in another QB and trades off the kid that made him look like crap to all the Bronco fans.

Yeah, seriously. It didn't have anything to do with someone being a better QB then him, there are plenty of those. It had everything to do with Tebow making him look bad.

captain planet
12-06-2012, 02:32 PM
We feel the same way about ron paul. :D

Yeah, he couldn't handle it. He had said all along that Tebow was terrible and that they should not recruit him. What happens next? 5 wins and playoffs and he makes Elway eat his words so what does Elway do? Brings in another QB and trades off the kid that made him look like crap to all the Bronco fans.

Yeah, seriously. It didn't have anything to do with someone being a better QB then him, there are plenty of those. It had everything to do with Tebow making him look bad.

....hold on a minute..I can't type due to laughter......:purplaugh:purplaugh

So you think Elway, the man who is one of the top 5 QBs all time, who brought the City of Denver back to back Super Bowl wins....was looking like crap because of tebow?

Where is that little rolling laughing smiley when you need it? 8p

CantRepeat
12-06-2012, 03:04 PM
....hold on a minute..I can't type due to laughter......:purplaugh:purplaugh

So you think Elway, the man who is one of the top 5 QBs all time, who brought the City of Denver back to back Super Bowl wins....was looking like crap because of tebow?

Where is that little rolling laughing smiley when you need it? 8p

It has nothing to do with Elway's on field performance. But since you bring that part up. Elway may have won a few super bowls but he also as the two worst defeats in super bowls too. When I say worst I mean the worst ever.

The part about Tebow is that he said Tebow was crap and didn't want to draft him. Then Tebow wins five and puts them in the playoffs. He makes Elway eat his words so Elway just trades him off.

tideengineer
12-06-2012, 10:41 PM
Can't we all just get along...hee hee hee

CantRepeat
12-07-2012, 06:28 AM
Can't we all just get along...hee hee hee

Not when it comes to college football!! :D:D

LYNRDSKYNRD
12-07-2012, 07:55 AM
But it only continues because the freaking media can't get enough of trying to make an 'openly christian' kid a great QB in the NFL. The only reason we are even talking about him is because he is christian and the media won't let him .

Yeah because we know how pro Christian the media is:rolleyes:

Your right about the media love affair but you are wrong about the reason.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

tideengineer
12-07-2012, 08:37 AM

"Amen" to that statement...

captain planet
12-07-2012, 04:13 PM
It has nothing to do with Elway's on field performance. But since you bring that part up. Elway may have won a few super bowls but he also as the two worst defeats in super bowls too. When I say worst I mean the worst ever.

The part about Tebow is that he said Tebow was crap and didn't want to draft him. Then Tebow wins five and puts them in the playoffs. He makes Elway eat his words so Elway just trades him off.

Did John Elway play defense???? Oh, so it was the entire team that got blown out by San Fran.....just checking.

Just because Elway was on two or three losing Super Bowl teams doesn't mean he is not a great QB. If that were the case I guess Jim Kelley was a horrible QB right along with Dan Marino. And if we continue that logic, I guess Dan Fouts was just plain terrible.

The facts are this, tebow is not an NFL caliber QB. How you want to look at how the personnel decisions were handled....so be it.

captain planet
12-07-2012, 04:18 PM

OK, so the media wants to make a goody-two-shoes a great QB by constantly talking about him.....and he just happens to be openly christian. You want to pull the wool over your eyes on this fact and that is your decision.

CantRepeat
12-07-2012, 04:26 PM
Did John Elway play defense???? Oh, so it was the entire team that got blown out by San Fran.....just checking.

Just because Elway was on two or three losing Super Bowl teams doesn't mean he is not a great QB. If that were the case I guess Jim Kelley was a horrible QB right along with Dan Marino. And if we continue that logic, I guess Dan Fouts was just plain terrible.

The facts are this, tebow is not an NFL caliber QB. How you want to look at how the personnel decisions were handled....so be it.

The way you try to change the subject and introduce stuff that has nothing to do with the "topic" you should have been a politician.

trickskier
12-07-2012, 07:15 PM
I don't care to get any dirt on him. In fact, I couldn't think less about him except on here where you won't let go about him. You have to admit it when a player you think is special isn't good enough for the 'big-boy league'. I knew Troy Smith wasn't going to amount to much in the NFL, you should have looked at teabags mechanics and been able to figure out the same thing about him. ;)

And my hatred for teabag started when they beat OSU. :( But it only continues because the freaking media can't get enough of trying to make an 'openly christian' kid a great QB in the NFL. Let's face it, he is a way below average in the NFL. Look at his numbers, they are horrible. The only reason we are even talking about him is because he is christian and the media won't let him go. There is a reason he is no longer in Denver, because the media was making him a huge distraction for that team. This will be his last season in New York and maybe the last in the NFL, because he isn't good enough to be a starter anywhere. All he brings to the table is a bunch of media with drool hanging from their mouths and a distraction for the starting QB.

There is hope though......he could go and play in Canada. It worked for Doug Flutie.;)

You need to have Lasik surgery on those old tired buckeyes of yours --- Because you can't comprehend what you're reading --- :D

My reference to Elway's ego getting rid of Tebow had nothing to do with playing in the NFL. It had everything to do with the fact that the entire state of Colorado had immortalized Tebow and poor Elway was left sucking his thumb!!!

Tell me how any QB's in the NFL that have taken a 1 & 4 team to a 8 & 1 team and made the playoffs??? Tebow just does it!!!

trickskier
12-07-2012, 07:18 PM
The way you try to change the subject and introduce stuff that has nothing to do with the "topic" you should have been a politician.

I hear CP was Ron Pauls campaign manager --- Maybe that's why Ron Paul wasnt nominated --- :rolleyes::confused:

SkiDog
12-07-2012, 09:36 PM
I hear CP was Ron Pauls campaign manager --- Maybe that's why Ron Paul was nominated --- :rolleyes::confused:

Tricky, you have to realize just who you are dealing with here! Jeez, all he does is complain when things aren't going his way. NOTHING is ever good enough for him. Tim's right, he shoulda been a damn politician!
I'm certainly no Tebow fan, but I'll give the guy credit when its due. He gets things done and NOBODY has as much passion for the game as he does. If CP can prove otherwise, I'd like to hear it!

Chief
12-07-2012, 09:42 PM
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=87344&stc=1&d=1354929936

Maybe if CP would get this MC with OSU colors it would give a reason to not hate every other team and it's players and coaches. It would allow time to focus on stuff that's actually controllable.

trickskier
12-09-2012, 10:29 AM
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=87344&stc=1&d=1354929936

Maybe if CP would get this MC with OSU colors it would give a reason to not hate every other team and it's players and coaches. It would allow time to focus on stuff that's actually controllable.

So True!!! :D

SkiDog
12-09-2012, 12:02 PM

:headbang::headbang::headbang: This guy reminds me of UMP. Always :rant: at SOMETHING. I bet his wife really likes living with him!:D

trickskier
12-09-2012, 12:31 PM
:headbang::headbang::headbang: This guy reminds me of UMP. Always :rant: at SOMETHING. I bet his wife really likes living with him!:D

I heard a rumor that his wife is a closet Tebow fan!!! :rolleyes:8p

captain planet
12-10-2012, 12:26 PM
Wow, I never said he doesn't have passion for the game. I just said he isn't an NFL caliber QB but the media is desperate for him to succeed.

As for becoming a politician I can't do it. I'm too honest for the job.

...and yes I'm angry, but OSU did beat meatchicken again this year so I'm happy about that.

scott023
12-10-2012, 02:06 PM

Dannnnnng. That boat is stunning.

And no, I'm not an OSU fan. :D

willyt
12-10-2012, 02:50 PM
ron paul, tebow, john elway, and that buckeye MC currently play college football? i opened this thread and i was so confused. Guess you learn something new every day.

go go johnny football.

captain planet
12-10-2012, 04:12 PM
ron paul, tebow, john elway, and that buckeye MC currently play college football? i opened this thread and i was so confused. Guess you learn something new every day.

go go johnny football.

....well, technically tebow and Elway played college football, the Buckeyes are football, and Ron Paul...well he is just awesome and so is college football. So you see, it all goes together. ;)

DemolitionMan
12-12-2012, 11:04 PM
NCAA realizes the SEC is back in the National Title :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFClDnJLXz4&playnext=1&list=PLD75C7A9E4247FBE5&feature=results_video

tideengineer
12-13-2012, 11:35 AM
that's some funny stuff there....

trickskier
12-13-2012, 06:40 PM
NCAA realizes the SEC is back in the National Title :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFClDnJLXz4&playnext=1&list=PLD75C7A9E4247FBE5&feature=results_video

Great post Pax! CP was that you playing Hitler???

captain planet
12-14-2012, 04:15 PM
Great post Pax! CP was that you playing Hitler???

Well, I am 94% German, but sadly that wasn't me.

GT500 MC
01-01-2013, 04:50 PM
Another disappointing Jan 1 for the Big 10. Big 10=needs more athletes. Nice work NW....

captain planet
01-01-2013, 08:38 PM
Another disappointing Jan 1 for the Big 10. Big 10=needs more athletes. Nice work NW....

Wisconsin played awesome D today and showed well for the Big Ten. Less than a TD victory against the badgers.

Don't forget, the best team is setting at home which is screwing up all the match ups. Purdue?!?!?!....WHY?

captain planet
01-03-2013, 08:46 AM
Oops........8p

scott023
01-03-2013, 11:14 AM
I thought Louisville looked great against what was supposed to be a fantastic florida team last night. SEC overrated? 3-3 in bowl games now.

GT500 MC
01-03-2013, 11:18 AM
That was fun to watch last night. Louisville, the underdog, getting a little momentum and then just outplaying "superior athletic talent" the whole night. Love that coach Strong too---appears to be a great motivator and to have your ex-players seek you out after the game says something nowadays.

CantRepeat
01-03-2013, 11:21 AM
Ouch, that's gonna leave a mark on Tricky!!

GT500 MC
01-03-2013, 11:26 AM
Should be interesting game tonight. Watching Oregon offense always leaves me out-of-breath. Hopefully K-State can slug it out with them.

captain planet
01-03-2013, 11:49 AM
I thought Louisville looked great against what was supposed to be a fantastic florida team last night. SEC overrated? 3-3 in bowl games now.

.....I'm enjoying it. I like how the sec lost the 'hand-me-a-victory' bowl (A.K.A. chick-fil-a-bowl) against the ACC and also last night. I didn't even watch the game because I fell asleep (sick) but was pleased to see the final score.

Tonight's game is the one that interests me the most this bowl season. Will there be more than 100 points scored tonight?

2RLAKE
01-03-2013, 12:06 PM
That was fun to watch last night. Louisville, the underdog, getting a little momentum and then just outplaying "superior athletic talent" the whole night. Love that coach Strong too---appears to be a great motivator and to have your ex-players seek you out after the game says something nowadays.

That was a fantastic game ... Love to see the underdog win ... Gators had a heck of a hard hitting defense but Louisville did their homework and had great play calling. That Gator touchdown at the end of the first half was a terrific call .... Gutsy

46Chief
01-03-2013, 12:13 PM
I don't think the Gators played a team this year that had any marquee wins. They were a bit over rated. I also think that some Big East teams can be underrated and will take advantage of that and come and beat teams in away they weren't expecting.

captain planet
01-03-2013, 12:36 PM
I don't think the Gators played a team this year that had any marquee wins. They were a bit over rated. I also think that some Big East teams can be underrated and will take advantage of that and come and beat teams in away they weren't expecting.

The Big East is 3-1 so far this bowl season.

The Big 12 is 4-3 so far...and the "All Cupcake Conference (ACC) is 4-2.

Conference USA is 4-1.

scott023
01-03-2013, 06:34 PM

Ummmm, the Gators had the toughest SOS in the nation this year. Played four teams in the BCS top twelve. Came out with only one loss. Not sure that meets your "no marquee wins" statement.

trickskier
01-04-2013, 05:45 PM

Florida was out coached and out played. Charlie Strong had his team ready and congratulations to him. I just hope that Muschamp has learned that the media can't give you an automatic win.

trickskier
01-04-2013, 05:46 PM

Ummmm, the Gators had the toughest SOS in the nation this year. Played four teams in the BCS top twelve. Came out with only one loss. Not sure that meets your "no marquee wins" statement.

Thanks Scott - You beat me to it!

Footin
01-04-2013, 06:03 PM
Hey Tricky, nice textin with you and Knox the other night. Can't wait till next season!

Chief
01-04-2013, 06:22 PM
We're all still feeling the seismic reactions from Jadeveon Clowney (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/players/204785)'s hit on Michigan's Vincent Smith (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/players/177939) in this week's Outback Bowl. But apparently the damage was worse than we thought, as Clowney demolished the entire state of Michigan ... at least, according to Wikipedia.
Clowney's page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jadeveon_Clowney) temporarily read, "In the Outback Bowl, Clowney obliterated the entire state of Michigan when he hit Wolverines' running back Vincent Smith and forced a fumble. There are now only 49 states in the United States and Roger Goodell has suspended Clowney for the first game of his NFL career."

BrooksfamX2
01-04-2013, 07:59 PM
Ducks did "OK" yesterday............:cool:

pmkkdx
01-05-2013, 07:31 AM
Guess Manzel (sp?) Might be the real deal ... If he can keep from getting hurt. A&M put it to OK last night! I bet Mack Brown's legs are sore from kicking his own butt for missing yet another profile QB (RG3 also wanted to go to UT)

trickskier
01-05-2013, 04:29 PM
Hey Tricky, nice textin with you and Knox the other night. Can't wait till next season!

Me either - I can't wait to see Urban crying like a baby on the sidelines when he suffers the first of his many losses next year! :D

I'll send you a crying towel too!!! LOL!!!

SkiDog
01-05-2013, 05:17 PM
Me either - I can't wait to see Urban crying like a baby on the sidelines when he suffers the first of his many losses next year! :D

I'll send you a crying towel too!!! LOL!!!

Just be sure and wash it BEFORE you send it to him, after you had to use it in the gators a$$whooping!:D

scott023
01-06-2013, 11:06 AM
Ducks did "OK" yesterday............:cool:

Yep, one tough lost cost them a chance at the title. Darn good team there. Be interesting to se how they do without Chip at the helm.

tideengineer
01-07-2013, 01:56 PM
tonight is the big one...like the TV commercial..."Roll Tide".

scott023
01-07-2013, 02:03 PM
Pulling for the Irish tonight.

tideengineer
01-07-2013, 02:21 PM
It's all good...I'm in the heart of Dixie and use to walk on the green grass of Bryant-Denny Stadium, so as an alum, I say "Roll Tide"....even though Rudy is one of my favorite sports movies! Looking forward to a good game.

captain planet
01-07-2013, 02:25 PM
Goooo half time show!!!!! It'll be the best part of the game.

captain planet
01-07-2013, 08:57 PM
Not even out of the first quarter yet and it is already over. Irish are an unworthy media darling.

tideengineer
01-07-2013, 10:09 PM
:woohoo:That spin move by Lacy on that last TD spun my off the couch...almost spilled a beer...

CantRepeat
01-07-2013, 10:47 PM
I'm pretty sure ND shouldn't be in this game!

-Tim aka Cantrepeat

DemolitionMan
01-07-2013, 10:53 PM
I think the real nc game was held at the Georgia dome.

tideengineer
01-07-2013, 11:54 PM
Roll Tide...signing out...Saban worth every penny. Goodnight.

CantRepeat
01-08-2013, 12:12 AM
Yeah, no man ever said, a team that does not play in conference title game should be in a BCS game ever.

trickskier
01-08-2013, 09:03 AM
Yeah, no man ever said, a team that does not play in conference title game should be in a BCS game ever.

Wonder if he still feels the same way??? What a hypocrite!!! :uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

trickskier
01-08-2013, 09:04 AM
I think the real nc game was held at the Georgia dome.

No doubt about it!!!

scott023
01-08-2013, 09:04 AM
Not even out of the first quarter yet and it is already over. Irish are an unworthy media darling.

Too bad the officials played such a big part in that. The incomplete pass call on 3rd down (Irish first possession) was a brutal call, and the kick interference call on the ensuing punt was horrible. At least a ten point swing on that call, which effetively killed any confidence the Irish had coming in. 14-0 six minutes into the first quarter is killer.

CantRepeat
01-08-2013, 09:10 AM
I would have rather watch a rematch with A&M.

CantRepeat
01-08-2013, 09:12 AM
Too bad the officials played such a big part in that. The incomplete pass call on 3rd down (Irish first possession) was a brutal call, and the kick interference call on the ensuing punt was horrible. At least a ten point swing on that call, which effetively killed any confidence the Irish had coming in. 14-0 six minutes into the first quarter is killer.

Can we get the face-mask call for Yeldon?

Even if ND would have gotten the pass and the fumble calls it doesn't mean they would have scored. Moreover, they were getting beat at the line and the secondary all night long.

I've heard of Monday morning quarter backs but it's Tuesday!!

CantRepeat
01-08-2013, 09:14 AM
Pulling for the Irish tonight.

How'd that work out for you? :D

tideengineer
01-08-2013, 10:08 AM

I swear....if if if if...too bad too bad too bad...officials blah blah...that is the Notre Dame way....a team that has been mediocre for the last 20 years but still play with a sense of entitlement...how about they overcome some true adversity?...I hate excuses and Notre Dame has none...they were totally outmatched and Alabama played like a brutal machine....Mr. Teo had to play big boy football for the first time all year last night and he got curb stomped by the Tide. ND's awesome run defense....how about +250 yards on the ground and over 500 total? Ever seen a 240 lb running back run over 3 people then do two perfect spin moves to get in the endzone? The better team dominated tonight and noone can take that away. I swear, people can argue that Notre Dame had officials help them to get to the Big Dance...but I won't say that because championships shouldn't come down to one play with officials...they were not SEC officials either. My rant will end with the fact that the SEC's Ole Miss (6-6) destroyed a Pitt team ND barely beat...

I am done with my rant now...sorry....hugs all around. I am aggitated because I have nothing to root for again until next fall.

CantRepeat
01-08-2013, 11:28 AM
I am done with my rant now...sorry....hugs all around. I am aggitated because I have nothing to root for again until next fall.

But that is some sweet icing on the cake!!

mzimme
01-08-2013, 11:30 AM
I was more impressed with AJ's girlfriend than the beating 'Bama put on ND last night. Holy hot.

milkmania
01-08-2013, 11:35 AM
I was more impressed with AJ's girlfriend than the beating 'Bama put on ND last night. Holy hot.
http://www.pageantupdate.info/missusa2012/delegates/alabama.htm

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/katherine-webb-aj-mccarron-girlfriend-alabama.jpg

http://68.178.167.89/smf/Smileys/default/drool3.gif

captain planet
01-08-2013, 11:40 AM
I swear....if if if if...too bad too bad too bad...officials blah blah...that is the Notre Dame way....a team that has been mediocre for the last 20 years but still play with a sense of entitlement...how about they overcome some true adversity?...I hate excuses and Notre Dame has none...they were totally outmatched and Alabama played like a brutal machine....Mr. Teo had to play big boy football for the first time all year last night and he got curb stomped by the Tide. ND's awesome run defense....how about +250 yards on the ground and over 500 total? Ever seen a 240 lb running back run over 3 people then do two perfect spin moves to get in the endzone? The better team dominated tonight and noone can take that away. I swear, people can argue that Notre Dame had officials help them to get to the Big Dance...but I won't say that because championships shouldn't come down to one play with officials...they were not SEC officials either. My rant will end with the fact that the SEC's Ole Miss (6-6) destroyed a Pitt team ND barely beat...

Is there room in your rant for two "powerhouse sec teams" lsu getting beat by Clemson or florida getting beat by Louisville? 8p:rolleyes: Just sayin'.

CantRepeat
01-08-2013, 11:45 AM
Is there room in your rant for two "powerhouse sec teams" lsu getting beat by Clemson or florida getting beat by Louisville? 8p:rolleyes: Just sayin'.

Wow, you sound mad.

milkmania
01-08-2013, 11:45 AM
Does DD mean "Darnell Dockett" or "Douche of the Day"?

bet someone is changing their number today:uglyhamme

tideengineer
01-08-2013, 11:50 AM

Can't win them all! But when we do win...we win Big...and when we drink beer we drink Dos Equis!....:D

scott023
01-08-2013, 11:59 AM
Can we get the face-mask call for Yeldon?

Even if ND would have gotten the pass and the fumble calls it doesn't mean they would have scored. Moreover, they were getting beat at the line and the secondary all night long.

I've heard of Monday morning quarter backs but it's Tuesday!!

They recoverd the ball at the 28yd line. Pretty sure with Brindza kicking, he was 8-11 from 30-39 this year, it would've been 7-3.

Futher more, 7-3 is a heck of a lot different than 14-0, of the confidence of both teams. Having spent a lot of time on the gridiron myself, I can tell you that the mood swings decidely upward on the sideline after replying with a score after letting the opposition score a TD on their opening drive. Once they were down 14-0, I'm quite sure there was a lot of self doubt that crept in.

BTW, I am not an Irish fan, so my opinion is not biased. :D

scott023
01-08-2013, 12:00 PM

Now there's a biased post. Was there interference on the punt?

scott023
01-08-2013, 12:01 PM

Exactly CP.... that arguement is rubbish.

CantRepeat
01-08-2013, 12:15 PM
Exactly CP.... that arguement is rubbish.

"Just like that, an SEC team won a BCS National Championship for the seventh season in a row."

SkiDog
01-08-2013, 12:17 PM

Aren't they the ONLY two SEC teams to lose bowl games? How'd YOUR conference do?

tideengineer
01-08-2013, 01:01 PM
Now there's a biased post. Was there interference on the punt?

maybe biased a little...:D...those fine Pac10 officials said there was and that's what they called...but Notre Dame had calls go their way this year, i.e. see Stanford replay. Instead of whining, the almighty awesome ND defense should have put the halt on the march down the field....it was only 7-0.

As far as the SEC dominance comment...I guess there's a conspirancy that the SEC has won 7 titles in a row...plus have had the longest standing conference championship game to go along with its schedule...FL, LSU, FL, Bama, Auburn, Bama, Bama...

If you can show me any phase of that game where Notre Dame was competitive, I will concede about momemtum and blah blah blah. The fact of the matter is that on the opening drive the Tide marched 82 yards like it was a practice scrimmage and walked over Mr. Teo (second in Heisman voting). The longest drive against Notre Dame's defense in the regular season was 75 yards. Alabama had drives of 82, 80, 97 and 86 yards. All of that is fact, not biased.

captain planet
01-08-2013, 01:05 PM
Aren't they the ONLY two SEC teams to lose bowl games? How'd YOUR conference do?

No, lowly Northwestern who hasn't won a bowl game in something like 50 years beat Mississippi State.

I only pointed out lsu and florida because they are two of the sec perennial 'power' teams, yet they got beat by 'inferior' opponents.....especially florida. Wow, what an embarrassment that was. I haven't elaborated on it because I don't want to rub it in to Tricky but that is a black eye on the 'ever powerful' sec.

As for the Big t-four-ten, 2-4 and a complete disgrace. The only argument for that is the two best teams were not playing this bowl season so the entire placing of Big t-four-ten teams was shifted with the matchups being lopsided. Make no mistake, the Big t-four-ten is not doing well and I'l be the first to admit it. Next year when THE Ohio State can play it will be different.

scott023
01-08-2013, 01:14 PM

C'mon now, SEC combined was 5-5 in bowl games this year.

scott023
01-08-2013, 01:16 PM
maybe biased a little...:D...those fine Pac10 officials said there was and that's what they called...but Notre Dame had calls go their way this year, i.e. see Stanford replay. Instead of whining, the almighty awesome ND defense should have put the halt on the march down the field....it was only 7-0.

As far as the SEC dominance comment...I guess there's a conspirancy that the SEC has won 7 titles in a row...plus have had the longest standing conference championship game to go along with its schedule...FL, LSU, FL, Bama, Auburn, Bama, Bama...

If you can show me any phase of that game where Notre Dame was competitive, I will concede about momemtum and blah blah blah. The fact of the matter is that on the opening drive the Tide marched 82 yards like it was a practice scrimmage and walked over Mr. Teo (second in Heisman voting). The longest drive against Notre Dame's defense in the regular season was 75 yards. Alabama had drives of 82, 80, 97 and 86 yards. All of that is fact, not biased.

Completely agree. BUT, that doesn't deter my sideline confidence piece one bit. :D

trickskier
01-08-2013, 01:33 PM
No, lowly Northwestern who hasn't won a bowl game in something like 50 years beat Mississippi State.

I only pointed out lsu and florida because they are two of the sec perennial 'power' teams, yet they got beat by 'inferior' opponents.....especially florida. Wow, what an embarrassment that was. I haven't elaborated on it because I don't want to rub it in to Tricky but that is a black eye on the 'ever powerful' sec.

As for the Big t-four-ten, 2-4 and a complete disgrace. The only argument for that is the two best teams were not playing this bowl season so the entire placing of Big t-four-ten teams was shifted with the matchups being lopsided. Make no mistake, the Big t-four-ten is not doing well and I'l be the first to admit it. Next year when THE Ohio State can play it will be different.

Hey CP - I agree with you 100% Florida & LSU losing their bowl games was absolutely pathetic!!! No excuses here - Both teams were out coached!!!

Table Rocker
01-08-2013, 01:36 PM

6-3
Winners: Alabama, Texas A&M, Ole Miss, Georgia, South Carolina, Vandy
Losers: LSU, Mississippi State, Florida

tideengineer
01-08-2013, 01:38 PM
Hey CP - I agree with you 100% Florida & LSU losing their bowl games was absolutely pathetic!!! No excuses here - Both teams were out coached!!!

Amen. I agree. but it happens...look at Utah dismantling Bama in 2007 Sugar Bowl...it was sad...but it happens....:(

tideengineer
01-08-2013, 01:43 PM
Completely agree. BUT, that doesn't deter my sideline confidence piece one bit. :D

I understand confidence issues...but championship caliber teams should not be so distraught or lose so much confidence over one call in the 1st quarter when the score is 7-0 that it causes them to fall apart. I understand your point, but do not agree that it had anything to do with the outcome of the game. Nothing was given to Alabama in that game, they took it.

orbeamlb
01-08-2013, 01:45 PM

Agreed especially on LSU's part. Looked like the same old faulty over conservative offensive game plan. It Also looked like the team wasn't emotionally in the game either.

At least the SEC continues its stranglehold on the National Championship.

tideengineer
01-08-2013, 01:45 PM
Let's hurry up and get off page 666 of 666...freaking me out a little....

tideengineer
01-08-2013, 01:50 PM
6-3

Thanks TR...I was on ESPN.com getting the info together but you saved a few more minutes of my lunch time...

SkiDog
01-08-2013, 01:56 PM
6-3

So I missed it by one.:o

tideengineer
01-08-2013, 02:08 PM
So I missed it by one.:o

TR did good....someone earlier said 5-5...

trickskier
01-08-2013, 02:12 PM
Let's hurry up and get off page 666 of 666...freaking me out a little....

Is this better??? :D

captain planet
01-08-2013, 03:28 PM

I had them as 5-3 after last night.

scott023
01-08-2013, 03:36 PM
TR did good....someone earlier said 5-5...

My bad. :o

tideengineer
01-08-2013, 04:02 PM
l...all over until next year...I guess I have to root for the Falcons since they are the closet NFL team...

76S&S
01-08-2013, 04:48 PM
So, if A&M had not joined the SEC this year, one could argue that they would have been undefeated and BAMA (everything else remaining the same) would have also been undefeated along with ND.

That means that there would have been one undefeated (eligible) team sitting on the sidelines last night. I'd venture a guess that it would have still been the same two teams playing for the NC but it does make one wonder...

tideengineer
01-08-2013, 05:06 PM
:eek3: thank goodness that didn't happen...4 team playoff in two years will be interesting....especially if you are a fan of the 5th team and left out...!!!!

CantRepeat
01-08-2013, 06:15 PM
:eek3: thank goodness that didn't happen...4 team playoff in two years will be interesting....especially if you are a fan of the 5th team and left out...!!!!

Seems to me, we could do 8 team play off and have it run all the way through Jan. I wouldn't be mad about more college ball.

tideengineer
01-08-2013, 06:57 PM
Sounds good to me...but mark it down, it could happen that in an 8 team format you could possibly have 3-4 SEC teams which won't sit well.

CantRepeat
01-08-2013, 07:23 PM
Sounds good to me...but mark it down, it could happen that in an 8 team format you could possibly have 3-4 SEC teams which won't sit well.

Hell, we might as well just not play any teams outside of the SEC then because they all suck!! 8p

tideengineer
01-08-2013, 08:15 PM
5 teams from SEC in final top 10 of AP poll....

2RLAKE
01-08-2013, 09:15 PM
as a University of Cincinnati alumni, i think the way Brian Kelly left UC a few years ago was disgraceful ... he lost his dignity and all integrity in my opinion ... that said, I along with several of my UC friends were delighted to see him absolutely humiliated last night ... Role Tide

DemolitionMan
01-09-2013, 12:13 AM
:d:d:d

DemolitionMan
01-09-2013, 12:15 AM
BREAKING NEWS: Obama has stepped in and decided that Alabama got too many points yesterday and has redistributed some of those points to Notre Dame resulting in a tie in the game and a tie for the national championship. When asked for a comment, Obama said, "Alabama obviously got more than their fair share. They didn't win that all by themselves! What does one team need all those points for"?

captain planet
01-09-2013, 06:55 AM
BREAKING NEWS: Obama has stepped in and decided that Alabama got too many points yesterday and has redistributed some of those points to Notre Dame resulting in a tie in the game and a tie for the national championship. When asked for a comment, Obama said, "Alabama obviously got more than their fair share. They didn't win that all by themselves! What does one team need all those points for"?

Funny, but the last sentence ended in a preposition.

tideengineer
01-09-2013, 07:56 AM

:purplaugh

2RLAKE
01-09-2013, 06:59 PM
:purplaugh

.. For what reason does a team need all those points ....

tideengineer
01-09-2013, 09:09 PM
:D Because we can

trickskier
01-09-2013, 10:00 PM

Funny, but the last sentence ended in a preposition.

That's the way obama would have said it ---- ;)

scott023
01-10-2013, 09:32 AM
as a University of Cincinnati alumni, i think the way Brian Kelly left UC a few years ago was disgraceful ... he lost his dignity and all integrity in my opinion ... that said, I along with several of my UC friends were delighted to see him absolutely humiliated last night ... Role Tide

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. I guess the way Saban left The Dolphins was so much more dignified? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Give me a break.

bbymgr
01-10-2013, 09:56 AM
Saban is a great coach, but he is an arrogant a$$. Today on Mike & Mike in the Morning, he got sh!tty with Greeny for asking him if the door was shut on going back to the NFL. Maybe if he hadn't said "I guess I have to say it. I'm not going to be the Alabama coach", and then less than two weeks later he was, he wouldn't get all these questions.

tideengineer
01-10-2013, 10:07 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh. I guess the way Saban left The Dolphins was so much more dignified? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Give me a break.

Probably not...but leaving a professional team where most of the players are making more money than you is different than walking out on a bunch of kids that signed up to play for a free education. Water under the bridge. I wouldn't tell my bosses if I was interviewing for another job right now. Not saying Saban was justified, just my 2 cents. Not a perfect coach out there.

GT500 MC
01-10-2013, 11:18 AM
Saban is a great coach, but he is an arrogant a$$. Today on Mike & Mike in the Morning, he got sh!tty with Greeny for asking him if the door was shut on going back to the NFL. Maybe if he hadn't said "I guess I have to say it. I'm not going to be the Alabama coach", and then less than two weeks later he was, he wouldn't get all these questions.

I heard that too w/Greeny. Then he's p*ssed and doesn't even tell him thx/bye, just acknowledges Herm. Great coach, even better recruiter, just wish he would be a bit more "amicable" with the press at times. Similar to Belichick. Anyway, he's built his "organization" as he's calling it and he's staying. How he left the Dolphins was cra*. How almost all coaches leave their teams is awful. I know it's all a business but there is still integrity in going about things.

stuartmcnair
01-10-2013, 11:23 AM
It was over during warmups. Notre Dame never had a chance. Their players knew it, their coaches knew it.

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee188/bamamag/20130107%20BCS/20130107BBCS_1160_01-07-13.jpg

CantRepeat
01-10-2013, 11:36 AM
I guess the ONLY people to blame are the ones who voted in the polls.

scott023
01-10-2013, 01:28 PM
Probably not...but leaving a professional team where most of the players are making more money than you is different than walking out on a bunch of kids that signed up to play for a free education. Water under the bridge. I wouldn't tell my bosses if I was interviewing for another job right now. Not saying Saban was justified, just my 2 cents. Not a perfect coach out there.

Ok, I love college football, but you're kidding with this statement, right??? :confused:

DemolitionMan
01-10-2013, 02:19 PM
:d:d:d

tideengineer
01-10-2013, 02:37 PM
Ok, I love college football, but you're kidding with this statement, right??? :confused:

I was just making a point that it is a full time job for players in the NFL, there is no school, nothing, just a paycheck, therefore it is completely a business. Only a small percentage of college players make it to the next level...hence the term student-athletes....it is a business for the coaches and the athletes that can go to the next level, but the majority will not.

I was just stating that (to me) leaving grown men (NFL) that are making millions (with some making more than the coach) is not as bad as leaving a bunch of student-athletes that aren't getting paid other than their education.

pmkkdx
01-10-2013, 05:52 PM
at least one BCS computer didn't calculate Bama as #1 ... interesting!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/one-bcs-computer-still-ranks-notre-dame-no-185628284--ncaaf.html

tideengineer
01-10-2013, 08:32 PM
at least one BCS computer didn't calculate Bama as #1 ... interesting!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/ncaaf-dr-saturday/one-bcs-computer-still-ranks-notre-dame-no-185628284--ncaaf.html

Even computers think ND is entitled....

tideengineer
01-17-2013, 12:34 PM
Ok guys....I could not stand it... "Mr. Teo, Welcome to the SEC where the football is real, and so are the girlfriends."

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/8851033/story-manti-teo-girlfriend-death-apparently-hoax

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc392/tideengineer/aj-mccarron-girlfriend1-570x425_zps1fe4f9d1.jpg

BrooksfamX2
01-17-2013, 01:09 PM
and BTW... Chip Kelly headed to the Eagles...........

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/17/sports/football/the-eagles-hire-oregons-chip-kelly.html?_r=0

captain planet
01-17-2013, 04:22 PM
and BTW... Chip Kelly headed to the Eagles...........

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/17/sports/football/the-eagles-hire-oregons-chip-kelly.html?_r=0

I saw that yesterday.....how disappointing. I enjoyed watching the Ducks and their style of offense.

ttu
01-17-2013, 04:24 PM
Te'o girlfriend!

GT500 MC
01-17-2013, 04:28 PM
Te'o girlfriend!

That's funny......"Wilson".....

GT500 MC
01-17-2013, 04:28 PM
And what a truly bizarro story that really means nothing in the grand scheme of things.

bbymgr
01-17-2013, 04:34 PM
Te'o girlfriend!

LOL!!!!!! Now that was funny!!

ttu
01-17-2013, 04:37 PM
oh i love twitter!

tideengineer
01-17-2013, 04:42 PM
...that's funny right there, I don't care who you are!

ttu
01-17-2013, 05:15 PM
okay, i am done!:D

tideengineer
01-17-2013, 05:23 PM
I aint done by a long shot....

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc392/tideengineer/teo_zps03f4cb71.png

BrooksfamX2
01-17-2013, 05:34 PM
Lol..............:D

tideengineer
01-17-2013, 05:47 PM
http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc392/tideengineer/480x256xManti-Teo-Misses-Tackles-Not-Girlfriend_png_pagespeed_ic_hC9E_-EREC_zps95deaa87.png

tideengineer
01-17-2013, 05:48 PM
http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc392/tideengineer/manti-teo-notre-dame-lennay-kekua-pretty-flirting-ecards-someecards_zps6c0f1583.png

tideengineer
01-17-2013, 05:49 PM
http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc392/tideengineer/manti_president_teo_zps44a924fe.jpg

DemolitionMan
01-17-2013, 10:19 PM
Manti Te'os girlfriend in the shower.:D

captain planet
01-19-2013, 09:28 AM
Ohhh, can I get in on the fun?? :D

“These Te’o jokes are all very funny but let’s try and remember that a person who never existed is dead.”

“AND WITH THE FIRST PICK IN THE NFL FANTASY DRAFT….MANTI TE’O”

“Having watched the BCS National Championship game…I too wonder if Manti T’eo REALLY exists either???”

“I had a fake girlfriend like Manti T’eo in college, but at least I had the decency to use the picture that came with my wallet.”

“I’m just glad that Manti T’eo’s fake dead girlfriend isn’t around to see this.”

tideengineer
01-19-2013, 01:19 PM
Hee hee

trickskier
01-20-2013, 07:23 AM
Manti Te'os girlfriend in the shower.:D

LMAO - Good one Pax!!! :D

mikeg205
01-24-2013, 07:43 PM
roll tide! got this from a friend...had to share... ;) - I wish there was a button for this...lol

GT500 MC
01-25-2013, 11:21 AM
roll tide! got this from a friend...had to share... ;) - I wish there was a button for this...lol

AJ's girl is hot. Why does he look like he's 12 sitting next to her there???? He has no idea....

captain planet
01-25-2013, 01:11 PM
AJ's girl is hot. Why does he look like he's 12 sitting next to her there???? He has no idea....

She is hot but she is a wacko.

trickskier
01-25-2013, 08:54 PM

She is hot but she is a wacko.

So when did you date her? :rolleyes:8p

bbymgr
02-13-2013, 10:56 AM
Suprised someone hasn't posted this yet.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/4-ala-football-players-charged-151150918--ncaaf.html

captain planet
02-13-2013, 12:22 PM
Suprised someone hasn't posted this yet.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/4-ala-football-players-charged-151150918--ncaaf.html

I think I would rather my players trade in their stuff for tattoos than do this kind of stuff.....just sayin'. :rolleyes:

I saw there might be a new slogan in Alabama this fall......Parole Tide!!!!

tideengineer
02-13-2013, 05:55 PM
Not representative...everyone has bad apples...but having won 3 out of the last 4 BCS National Titles will magnify the story...oh yeah, and that's 4 in a row for the state of Alabama....oh yeah, and 7 in a row for the SEC...but who's keeping up with it? :rolleyes:

tideengineer
02-13-2013, 05:57 PM
I'm just glad they weren't star players...looks like 3-4 scholarships just opened up to me and these thugs can hit the road.

BWB-745-
02-13-2013, 07:23 PM
Might not have been star players (yet) but 4 and one 5 star recruits none the less. Good thing our recruiting has been as strong as our on the field play.

tideengineer
02-13-2013, 08:55 PM
Might not have been star players (yet) but 4 and one 5 star recruits none the less. Good thing our recruiting has been as strong as our on the field play.

I have faith in Saban and staff...we have once again reloaded this year...say goodbye to these thugs and move on. There are kids doing bad things all over the country. This is only a story due to the current status of the program. Sad thing is I know people close to Wiliams from Panama City. Them and his family are in shock. Sad to squander such an opportunity.

SkiDog
04-29-2013, 09:00 PM
Well, I'm certainly not a Tim Tebow fan by ANY means, but the Jets sure screwed the hell outa him today!
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--why-did-the-jets-want-tim-tebow-in-the-first-place--152540803.html

What a class act Rex Ryan and the jets organization is!

DemolitionMan
04-29-2013, 10:29 PM
Well, I'm certainly not a Tim Tebow fan by ANY means, but the Jets sure screwed the hell outa him today!
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--why-did-the-jets-want-tim-tebow-in-the-first-place--152540803.html

What a class act Rex Ryan and the jets organization is!

That is just wrong.

tideengineer
04-30-2013, 08:58 AM
Not a surprise from an organization that keeps Rex Ryan at the helm.

oumiller28
08-22-2013, 11:31 AM

I cant wait... just a few more days and College football is back! Boomer Sooner!

captain planet
08-27-2013, 02:55 PM
Ahh, the madness returns.....it brings back fond memories........8p

BrooksfamX2
08-27-2013, 03:29 PM
Season opener at home Saturday.........:cool:

tideengineer
08-27-2013, 04:16 PM
Tide versus Hokies in the Dome Saturday! I will be watching it in Orange Beach, Alabama...I hope to be celebrating at the Florabama afterwards.

GT500 MC
08-27-2013, 04:17 PM
This still hurts...Let's move on. :o

mikeg205
08-27-2013, 06:06 PM
sibling rivalry kicked up a notch --- one at each school....

trickskier
08-28-2013, 08:41 AM

Always living in the past CP! So how are the suckeyes going to do this year? Any new tatoo's to report? I can't wait to see Urban start crying after his first lost this season!!! :D

Go Gators!!!

RexDog1
08-28-2013, 09:58 AM
Always living in the past CP! So how are the suckeyes going to do this year? Any new tatoo's to report? I can't wait to see Urban start crying after his first lost this season!!! :D

Go Gators!!!

Go Gators..??
When did you become a Gator fan???
;)

DemolitionMan
08-28-2013, 10:02 AM
Go Gators..??
;)

What's going on Rex?

CruisinGA
08-28-2013, 10:16 AM
:D

Hope the censorship makes this TT friendly.

RexDog1
08-28-2013, 10:50 AM
What's going on Rex?
Doing good !!
Just busy with life….. Like all of us!!!
Take care!!
:cool:

chriscraftmatt1976
08-28-2013, 11:51 AM
Come on emu eagles! :rolleyes:

captain planet
08-28-2013, 11:53 AM
Go Gators..??
;)

Rex, you misspelled it. It's gaytors. Or you could simply refer to them as Southern meatchicken. :D

chriscraftmatt1976
08-28-2013, 01:57 PM
Hey captain, you know how you can tell if someone attended the university of Michigan?

They'll tell you within 5 minutes of meeting them...

mikeg205
08-28-2013, 02:15 PM

Right up to the edge there... ;)

chriscraftmatt1976
08-28-2013, 02:28 PM
Right up to the edge there... ;)

Now mike, don't make us revolt!

mikeg205
08-28-2013, 02:49 PM
Now mike, don't make us revolt!

It's a family web site an all ;)

RexDog1
08-28-2013, 03:13 PM
Rex, you misspelled it. It's gaytors. Or you could simply refer to them as Southern meatchicken. :D

LOL:D:D
I do miss TT .... always a good time with good peeps!!!

02ProstarSammyD
08-28-2013, 04:27 PM
http://cdn0.sbnation.com/imported_assets/288614/14431_169109839589_85137479589_2661834_1837207_n.j pg

Footin
08-28-2013, 08:19 PM

Go Gators!!!

May the trash texting commence on Saturday, look forward to hearing from you and Andy.

CantRepeat
08-28-2013, 08:31 PM
Let's face the facts!!

Roll Tide Roll

Everyone else should be selling autographs. :D

Astepatatime
08-28-2013, 09:54 PM
Hey captain, you know how you can tell if someone attended the university of Michigan?

They'll tell you within 5 minutes of meeting them...

Hey, did I tell you guys I went to grad school at Michigan. Yup, say a little thanks everytime I fire up the new X55 :D

Actually, I'm just smiling because RichRod is gone and we're working our way back to bigboy football again.

Go Blue. Always.

stuartmcnair
08-29-2013, 01:12 PM

your tears...they are delicious

http://oi46.tinypic.com/fw2hpy.jpg

captain planet
08-29-2013, 01:16 PM
Hey, did I tell you guys I went to grad school at Michigan. Yup, say a little thanks everytime I fire up the new X55 :D

Actually, I'm just smiling because RichRod is gone and we're working our way back to bigboy football again.

Go Blue. Always.

You meatchicken grads can stick to those soft boats for soft sports; surfing and wakeboarding. Us Buckeyes will stick to our direct drives, barefooting, and slalom skiing....you know, stuff that is hard to do. ;) May I say that you do have fantastic taste in boat brands, so they are still teaching something at meatchicken.

......I'm so happy football season is back!!!! :D

Oh I almost forgot.......

93Prostar190
08-29-2013, 01:28 PM
As a Buckeye ... I say the following ...

Captain, (we love you bro) but you are on probation for being a Buckeye that did not attend Buckeye Bash ....... ;)

Go Bucks!

hondaprlud
08-29-2013, 01:29 PM
Ahhhhh, welcome back College FB thread :D

OH-

93Prostar190
08-29-2013, 01:30 PM
Ahhhhh, welcome back College FB thread :D

OH-

IO

Go Bucks!!!

ttu
08-29-2013, 01:56 PM
thrilled with college football starting. thank goodness there is more than preseason nfl!:rolleyes:

chriscraftmatt1976
08-29-2013, 02:00 PM
[QUOTE=captain planet;973417]You meatchicken grads can stick to those soft boats for soft sports; surfing and wakeboarding. Us Buckeyes will stick to our direct drives, barefooting, and slalom skiing....you know, stuff that is hard to do.

You know the most difficult part of wake surfing?

Telling your parents you're gay.

:):):)