PDA

View Full Version : Official: "Its College Football Season" Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29

tex
01-02-2011, 10:50 AM
Fear the Frog!!!!!

DemolitionMan
01-02-2011, 05:26 PM
Now 3 & 3 --- Bad day for the Big 10 (11 soon to be 12) Ohio Snake going to go down to Arkansas!!! :D

There needs to be a change in Athens.

SkiDog
01-02-2011, 06:10 PM

The Dogs went to the dogs!

trickskier
01-02-2011, 07:49 PM

The Dogs went to the dogs!

I hear they're talking to Ray Goff --- 8p

DemolitionMan
01-02-2011, 08:47 PM
I hear they're talking to Ray Goff --- 8p

He is to busy selling Zaxby's Chicken.:)

shepherd
01-03-2011, 10:43 AM
Big 10 got spanked! :confused::(:cool:

Especially by the SEC. Should I root for Ohio State vs. Arkansas? I dunno... I'm feeling a little nauseous right now...

TXMC-06X2
01-03-2011, 10:45 AM
Good Job TCU!!!!

BIGBADBLUE
01-03-2011, 11:13 AM
Big 10 got spanked! :confused::(:cool:

Especially by the SEC. Should I root for Ohio State vs. Arkansas? I dunno... I'm feeling a little nauseous right now...

Stay strong!!! You should never root for the criminals ... never. The dark side is a slippery path ... stay away!!!!

captain planet
01-05-2011, 09:38 AM
O -H -.........!

Double D
01-05-2011, 09:43 AM
O -H -.........!

I - O!!!!!!!!

captain planet
01-05-2011, 12:29 PM
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO :(

Wake up Captain.....WAKE UP!!!!! This has to be a dream....it just has to be a BAD dream!!!!

http://msn.foxsports.com/collegefootball/story/Michigan-finally-fires-Rich-Rodriguez-as-coach-010511

(clicking heels) There's no place like home.....There's no place like home.

Somebody please pinch me and so I can wake up and this be only a bad dream.

scott023
01-05-2011, 12:44 PM
Hey CP, how do you think the Bucs would've done last night without TP under center?

captain planet
01-05-2011, 12:50 PM
Hey CP, how do you think the Bucs would've done last night without TP under center?

About as good as Arkansas would have done without Mallet under center. :rolleyes:

shepherd
01-05-2011, 01:16 PM
So Richie Rod is out. Who's next? I hope they send def coordinator Greg Rob out the door too. If they don't, I may send my diploma back to Ann Arbor. :mad: Somebody has to share the blame for that horrendous defense.

Who do you vote for the next Wolverine coach? CP, your vote doesn't count. ;)

scott023
01-05-2011, 01:20 PM
About as good as Arkansas would have done without Mallet under center. :rolleyes:

But Mallet hasn't broken any NCAA rules, he deserved to play in the game, TP didn't.

captain planet
01-05-2011, 01:27 PM
So Richie Rod is out. Who's next? I hope they send def coordinator Greg Rob out the door too. If they don't, I may send my diploma back to Ann Arbor. :mad: Somebody has to share the blame for that horrendous defense.

Who do you vote for the next Wolverine coach? CP, your vote doesn't count. ;)

Even though it doesn't count.....how about les miles. I would love to be able to wipe that smirk off his face every year around Thanksgiving. ;) Although why would he leave lsu?

Why are they bringing up Harbaugh? He is going to the NFL. John Elway is scoping him out for Denvers next coach. If Harbaugh leaves Stanford for meatchicken, I will lose respect for him.

shepherd
01-05-2011, 01:32 PM
Whew! :o
http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2011/1/5/1916513/michigan-fires-rich-rodriguez-assistant-football-coaches

Jim Harbaugh was QB when I was a student there. Good old days, when UM-OSU was a good game. But should he be the next coach? I don't know. I'd rather have Tressel. :(

captain planet
01-05-2011, 01:34 PM
But Mallet hasn't broken any NCAA rules, he deserved to play in the game, TP didn't.

At least he hasn't gotten caught yet. I would say that probably the only marquee QB in NCAA that didn't break any rules would be goody-two-shoes tim teabag. I'm sure Mallet is squeaky clean.

And you know what, if the NCAA had any REAL stones, they would have told them they couldn't play in the game last night. But they didn't because it would hurt their bottom line. It would appear the NCAA's hypocracy knows no bounds.

Here, here is what you want.....the Buckeyes would have gotten beat if TP didn't play last night. There, Happy? That is as relevant as saying, the Longhorns will lose to alabama if McCoy doesn't play.......duh. :rolleyes:

The Buckeyes won last night like it or not. :D

captain planet
01-05-2011, 01:36 PM
Whew! :o
http://www.sbnation.com/ncaa-football/2011/1/5/1916513/michigan-fires-rich-rodriguez-assistant-football-coaches

Jim Harbaugh was QB when I was a student there. Good old days, when UM-OSU was a good game. But should he be the next coach? I don't know. I'd rather have Tressel. :(

Did that hurt to admit? :D

After the half-time "adjustments" Tressel made last night, are sure you would want him?

scott023
01-05-2011, 02:18 PM
At least he hasn't gotten caught yet. I would say that probably the only marquee QB in NCAA that didn't break any rules would be goody-two-shoes tim teabag. I'm sure Mallet is squeaky clean.

And you know what, if the NCAA had any REAL stones, they would have told them they couldn't play in the game last night. But they didn't because it would hurt their bottom line. It would appear the NCAA's hypocracy knows no bounds.

Here, here is what you want.....the Buckeyes would have gotten beat if TP didn't play last night. There, Happy? That is as relevant as saying, the Longhorns will lose to alabama if McCoy doesn't play.......duh. :rolleyes:

The Buckeyes won last night like it or not. :D

You're 100% right IMO. I was just testing your level of delusion. ;):D

captain planet
01-05-2011, 02:49 PM
You're 100% right IMO. I was just testing your level of delusion. ;):D

No delusion here. They gave that stuff to those players. It was their personal property. They can do with it what they like. So that is against the rules. OK fine, then the NCAA shouldn't give players physical tangible awards because the 'thing' belongs to the player......but not really. Here is an award son, it is yours, but don't you dare sell it. Only we are allowed to make money in this arrangement. Total crock. Well then Mr. NCAA board memeber, stand up for what you really believe in and suspend them for the bowl game......oh, but wait, your million dollar sponsers are counting on the marquee players actually playing when their name is plastered all over the stadium. What to do, oh what to do. :rolleyes:

Forrest-X45
01-05-2011, 06:28 PM
I am interested to see who UM hires after RichRod. I hear Bobby Pieterno and Nick Saban are interested, if they make $5 more in salary they will jump ship. :):)

shepherd
01-05-2011, 11:16 PM
Did that hurt to admit? :D

Not really. I like Tressel, just not his team.
Too bad Bo's not around to kick his a$$, but I guess he missed it by about 30 years. 8p

captain planet
01-06-2011, 10:37 AM
Not really. I like Tressel, just not his team.
Too bad Bo's not around to kick his a$$, but I guess he missed it by about 30 years. 8p

I would like to say that Tressel would coach circles around bo, however after the showing on Tuesday night, I'm not sure of that anymore.

Maristar210
01-06-2011, 08:00 PM
Human. Coaches are.

I was in line at www.zoup.com in Cascade Michigan today and who was in front of me in line??

Michigan State Coach Mark Danantonio.

No ****..

TX.X-30 fan
01-06-2011, 08:01 PM
Human. Coaches are.

I was in line at www.zoup.com in Cascade Michigan today and who was in front of me in line??

Michigan State Coach Mark Danantonio.

No ****..

What did you order??

Maristar210
01-06-2011, 08:26 PM
Lobster Bisque and a half of a greek salad

scott023
01-06-2011, 08:48 PM
Lobster Bisque and a half of a greek salad

No sammich? You don't make friends with salad.

captain planet
01-07-2011, 10:16 AM
Mallett is going to the NFL draft. That kid is a stud....as long as he has time to throw. If you have defenders in his face and keep him under pressure he isn't nearly as accurate. Best wishes, just don't end up in Cincinnati.

shepherd
01-07-2011, 11:18 AM
Mallett is going to the NFL draft. That kid is a stud....as long as he has time to throw. If you have defenders in his face and keep him under pressure he isn't nearly as accurate. Best wishes, just don't end up in Cincinnati.

He better hope he doesn't end up in Washington, either. Many decent QB's careers were ruined behind that offensive line. :mad:

They said on the news this morning that the Stanford QB is passing up tens of millions of dollars to finish his degree in college next year. I don't get it. I'd take the money and not look back. College degrees can be obtained in the offseason.

BIGBADBLUE
01-07-2011, 11:25 AM
So Luck will get $40M instead of $50M? If they roll a rookie cap it will cost him tens of millions but by staying he gets a degree from a very presegious university and the experience of college for one more year. You can never get that back. Never. He may be able to go back but he will always lose that last year.

I respect him for the decision.

shepherd
01-07-2011, 11:46 AM
I guess the "experience" of one more year of college is worth more to some... :rolleyes: He better hope he doesn't get hurt next year (overrated risk, I know, but still a real risk) or otherwise have a bad season that would reduce his value in 2012. Speaking of college degrees, I wonder if Bret Favre is going to use his teaching degree now that he's retiring. He may need the money...

captain planet
01-07-2011, 11:57 AM
He better hope he doesn't end up in Washington, either. Many decent QB's careers were ruined behind that offensive line. :mad:

They said on the news this morning that the Stanford QB is passing up tens of millions of dollars to finish his degree in college next year. I don't get it. I'd take the money and not look back. College degrees can be obtained in the offseason.

I say good for him to have loyalty to his team and teammates. I place him up there with Tim Duncan as far as respect for him as a person. Tim Duncan has done well for himself. Hey, the Stanford QB's upbringing is exactly the opposite of that scumbag coach from notre lame and what he did last season to U of Cincy.

TX.X-30 fan
01-07-2011, 12:16 PM
Who is Kenda??

scott023
01-07-2011, 12:37 PM

Got to give the kid props for finishing his degree. There are many that leave college early with the intention of finishing their degree in the off season that never do finish it.

ttu
01-07-2011, 01:45 PM
this is great for all the ohio state fans :D

http://deadspin.com/5727680/tcu-billboards-near-ohio-state-are-the-best-comeback

sand2snow22
01-08-2011, 06:34 PM
Scott, how many points did Bruce spot u? :)

captain planet
01-10-2011, 03:34 PM
GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!

ShamrockIV
01-10-2011, 04:09 PM
WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!( I think I just threw up in my mouth a little!!)

Chief
01-10-2011, 08:01 PM
Go OREGON Cheerleaders! Dang does Hef send his bunnies to Oregon?

DemolitionMan
01-10-2011, 08:38 PM
Go SEC!!!!!!!

captain planet
01-11-2011, 08:57 AM
WAR EAGLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!( I think I just threw up in my mouth a little!!)

I had to look this up to see what it meant. They have a second mascot? How silly.

captain planet
01-11-2011, 09:06 AM
Hey Tricky, haven't heard your thoughts on having Fat Albert as the new coach of the gaytors. He did pretty well in south bend, pfft.:D:rolleyes:

shepherd
01-11-2011, 09:16 AM
Funny play on the last drive. But the runner's wrist touched the ground. I saw another game (the Ohio State or LSU game?) where a runner was ruled down because his wrist touched the ground. :confused: Did anyone else see that? So, what's the rule?

Just saying... I got nothing against Auburn. They probably would have won anyways.

scott023
01-11-2011, 09:39 AM
I questioned that call too Shep. It also looked like his elbow touched the turf. Not sure that AU would've scored without that call...

ShawnB
01-11-2011, 10:09 AM
I think they would have scored anyway but certainly not as easily and perhaps with some time left for Oregon to come back. It's a shame because it was a really great game and this is all people will remember. I was hoping it would go to OT just so the college rules would get some more public awareness. The new NFL overtime rules are silly.

shepherd
01-11-2011, 10:14 AM
They show the replay on espn.com. It doesn't look like his elbow touched, just his wrist. I remember it was the OSU - Arkansas bowl game. An Arkansas touchdown was called back because the runner's wrist (nothing else) hit the ground. The TV announcers didn't know that rule either cause they were surprised when it was called back.

captain planet
01-11-2011, 10:47 AM
I questioned that call too Shep. It also looked like his elbow touched the turf. Not sure that AU would've scored without that call...

I think they would have scored anyway but certainly not as easily and perhaps with some time left for Oregon to come back. It's a shame because it was a really great game and this is all people will remember. I was hoping it would go to OT just so the college rules would get some more public awareness. The new NFL overtime rules are silly.

They show the replay on espn.com. It doesn't look like his elbow touched, just his wrist. I remember it was the OSU - Arkansas bowl game. An Arkansas touchdown was called back because the runner's wrist (nothing else) hit the ground. The TV announcers didn't know that rule either cause they were surprised when it was called back.

I'm torn on this. If a defender tackles a ball carrier and the ball carrier lands on the defender and the defender is on the ground....shouldn't the ball carrier be down? I mean, if the defender was able to get the ball carrier to the ground why should the defender be penalized if the ball carrier happens to land on him? If the ball carrier would have been down if the defender wasn't under him, I think he should still be down.

scott023
01-11-2011, 10:52 AM
I'm torn on this. If a defender tackles a ball carrier and the ball carrier lands on the defender and the defender is on the ground....shouldn't the ball carrier be down? I mean, if the defender was able to get the ball carrier to the ground why should the defender be penalized if the ball carrier happens to land on him? If the ball carrier would have been down if the defender wasn't under him, I think he should still be down.

I agree 100% CP. The runners forward progress has basically been stopped if he has been pulled down. To me, it's not a lot different than when the ball carrier is stacked up and the whistle sounds. I have seen plays when the ball carrier escapes out the back of said stack and is able to pick up positive yardage after the whistle. In that instance, the yardage is not given, and I don't think it should be in instances like last night either.

ShamrockIV
01-11-2011, 01:19 PM
Cam Newton the best QB money can buy.

captain planet
01-11-2011, 01:27 PM
Cam Newton the best QB money can buy.

Yea, just place this next to the score....*:rolleyes:

COMBAT FALCON!!!!!!!

shepherd
01-11-2011, 02:17 PM
Yea, just place this next to the score....*:rolleyes:

Then maybe we should put a star next to OSU's score against Arkansas? :rolleyes:

And how about a star next to Michigan's.... well, never mind... :o

DemolitionMan
01-11-2011, 02:55 PM
I had to look this up to see what it meant. They have a second mascot? How silly.

They have three mascots Tiger, Eagle and Plainsmen.

captain planet
01-11-2011, 03:03 PM

A little indecisive are they?

scott023
01-11-2011, 03:05 PM

They know where to spend their money....

captain planet
01-11-2011, 03:19 PM
They know where to spend their money....

I was going to say the same thing....but decided to refrain. :purplaugh

ShawnB
01-11-2011, 03:35 PM

Totally agree. The defender's body should be considered part of the ground.

BIGBADBLUE
01-11-2011, 03:39 PM
Well ... no Les Miles for UM. I think we are now looking for a coach at D3 schools. I think it will be Bradey Hoke - boy that is an exciting hire. NOT!!!

ShawnB
01-11-2011, 04:14 PM
Well ... no Les Miles for UM. I think we are now looking for a coach at D3 schools. I think it will be Bradey Hoke - boy that is an exciting hire. NOT!!!

It's official. I didn't realize he was a coach there before -- it makes sense now.

scott023
01-11-2011, 04:26 PM
It's official. I didn't realize he was a coach there before -- it makes sense now.

Wow, they have flopped around like a fish out of water on this one... new candidate daily. At least we won't have to read about another potential coach for them tomorrow.

BIGBADBLUE
01-11-2011, 04:40 PM
Yup ... Hoke is the man ...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6012465

trickskier
01-11-2011, 06:25 PM
Funny play on the last drive. But the runner's wrist touched the ground. I saw another game (the Ohio State or LSU game?) where a runner was ruled down because his wrist touched the ground. :confused: Did anyone else see that? So, what's the rule?

Just saying... I got nothing against Auburn. They probably would have won anyways.

If the back side of the wrist touches then the runner is down. In this case it was the palm side of the wrist. However, I did see an angle where it looked like his ankle touched the ground but I'm not sure if that's considered down?

trickskier
01-11-2011, 06:26 PM
Hey Tricky, haven't heard your thoughts on having Fat Albert as the new coach of the gaytors. He did pretty well in south bend, pfft.:D:rolleyes:

I bought stock in all of the hamburger franchises close to the practice field!!! :D

trickskier
01-11-2011, 06:28 PM

They're in Alabama - What do you expect???

stuartmcnair
01-12-2011, 02:25 PM

Trick...hush...we've got most people convinced they are in Georgia...

DemolitionMan
01-12-2011, 02:44 PM
Trick...hush...we've got most people convinced they are in Georgia...

All of the Auburn fans come from Columbus.

CantRepeat
01-12-2011, 02:50 PM

We expect all of Alabama to eat gator for breakfast, lunch and dinner for two straight years! :D

captain planet
01-12-2011, 03:21 PM
We expect all of Alabama to eat gator for breakfast, lunch and dinner for two straight years! :D

Ouch Tricky.....that gaytor they are eating just got, uh, a little heaftier didn't it? :rolleyes:

trickskier
01-12-2011, 04:05 PM
All of the Auburn fans come from Columbus.

Mississippi or Georgia???

trickskier
01-12-2011, 04:07 PM

Ouch Tricky.....that gaytor they are eating just got, uh, a little heaftier didn't it? :rolleyes:

Spoken like a native of Alabama --- :D

CantRepeat
01-12-2011, 04:38 PM
Spoken like a native of Alabama --- :D

hehe, I'm a Tide fan so this year was pretty upsetting for this household as well. ;) My wifes folks are from Oregon so that gave us something to cheer about, for a little while.

trickskier
01-12-2011, 04:44 PM
hehe, I'm a Tide fan so this year was pretty upsetting for this household as well. ;) My wifes folks are from Oregon so that gave us something to cheer about, for a little while.

Hopefully - Fig Newton will move on to the NFL where he can get paid "LEGALLY" for playing! :rolleyes:

DemolitionMan
01-12-2011, 08:14 PM
Mississippi or Georgia???

Both. And Ohio..

captain planet
01-14-2011, 01:10 PM
Cam newton has decided to go into the NFL Draft........suprise, suprise. Can you say, Jamarcus Russell? :rolleyes:

ShawnB
01-14-2011, 01:28 PM
Cam newton has decided to go into the NFL Draft........suprise, suprise. Can you say, Jamarcus Russell? :rolleyes:

I'm not surprised. He wants to continue getting paid to play football.

sand2snow22
01-14-2011, 01:37 PM

I was at the game, and he didn't impress me. Auburn fans were talking him up; how good he is and how he can run a 4.5 40. He seemed slow to me. He knew where the first down marker was and would just fall down? He managed the game well, but didn't live up to the hype for me....

CantRepeat
01-14-2011, 01:43 PM
I was at the game, and he didn't impress me. Auburn fans were talking him up; how good he is and how he can run a 4.5 40. He seemed slow to me. He knew where the first down marker was and would just fall down? He managed the game well, but didn't live up to the hype for me....

I just find it hard for anyone to put a bunch of money down on a guy with just one season. His past just seems littered with issues that surely will be compounded with the freedom of being a pro player.

DemolitionMan
04-01-2011, 10:43 AM
Behind The Numbers: College Football Business Grows Exponentially
Published: Wednesday, 30 Mar 2011 | 12:00 PM ET Text Size By: Darren Rovell
CNBC Sports Business Reporter

Twitter LinkedInMore Share
The NFL always gets so much credit as a growing robust business, but the financials behind college football aren't published as often. I just had a chance to look at some data released by the National Football Foundation and I thought it was worth passing on some of these incredible numbers.

49.6 million fans watched an NCAA football game at the 639 schools this past year. That's an increase of nearly 3 percent from the prior season.
Thirteen FBS teams played in front of more than a million people on the season (Michigan, Penn State, Ohio State, Alabama, Auburn, Tennessee, Florida, LSU, Texas, Nebraska, Oklahoma, South Carolina and Georgia).
Four FBS teams saw increases of more than 10,000 fans from last year (Louisville, Northwestern, Rice and Eastern Michigan).
College football has 103 million fans, 61 percent of which are men. Twenty five percent of the total college football fan base has a household income of $100,000 or more and 32 percent of the total fan base is married.
CBS' coverage of the of the Iron Bowl, the matchup between Auburn and Alabama on Nov. 26, was the highest rated college football game of the 2010 season on any network.
Ten bowl games produced ratings jumps of more than 20 percent, including the Insight Bowl — between Iowa and Missouri — which saw a ratings jump of 460 percent. Forty three percent of America watched at least one of the 35 bowl games

shepherd
04-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Interesting story in today's Wall Street Journal. If they had a college basketball-style playoff for college football last year and the same-seeded teams won, the final four football teams would be:

Oklahoma State
Air Force
Virginia Tech
Northern Illinois

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703712504576235191915692976.html

trickskier
04-02-2011, 08:40 AM
I just don't understand why these guys want to hurt their Ala Mater??? Especially since it was the program that helped them get into the NFL!!! They're a complete disgrace to Auburn and their families!!!

Auburn will investigate claims by four former football players who told HBO's "Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel" they received thousands of dollars while being recruited by or playing for the Tigers.

Stanley McClover, Troy Reddick, Chaz Ramsey and Raven Gray told HBO for an episode that aired Wednesday night that they received cash payments -- in book bags, envelopes and even handshakes. Ramsey played at Auburn most recently, in the 2007 season.

Coach Gene Chizik dismissed the report as "pure garbage."

Chizik, Auburn's defensive coordinator from 2002 to 2004 during the careers of McClover and Reddick, said Wednesday night he had no knowledge of the alleged payments, "and I don't have my head in the sand."

"What's disturbing to me is that they interviewed other former Auburn football players who had exactly the opposite to say but somehow or another that failed to make the air, unless I missed that section," Chizik said. "So I've got other former players that are calling me who are still playing and who are great players who had absolutely no knowledge of any of that stuff.

"So it saddens me that somebody is going to air a show with basically one side being known. I think that's pathetic. And I think it's pure garbage," he said.

Chizik said HBO did not attempt to contact him for comment. But the network released a statement Thursday saying producers called the university's sports information department and "read [the allegations] to them in detail."

Athletic director Jay Jacobs said the university will investigate.

"While HBO confirmed to us they have no proof that any of these claims are true, we contacted both the NCAA and Southeastern Conference as soon as these allegations surfaced," Jacobs said in a statement released Wednesday night. "We have engaged outside counsel to investigate this matter and will spare no resources to find the truth."

University president Jay Gogue said he is confident Jacobs and his department "will investigate these allegations thoroughly and completely."

Tommy Tuberville, Auburn's coach during the recruitment of all four players, declined comment Wednesday. He is now the coach at Texas Tech.

McClover said he "felt totally obligated" to play for the Tigers after getting money -- he wasn't sure how much -- in a book bag.

"I almost passed out. I literally almost passed out, I couldn't believe it was true," the former defensive end told HBO. "I felt like I owed them."

McClover said he later received $7,000 from an unidentified Auburn booster for a 1973 Chevrolet Impala and would get sacks of money, typically $300 or $400, after games. He said he got four bags totaling $4,000 after logging four sacks against rival Alabama in 2004, when he was a first-team All-SEC player.

The Associated Press reviewed an advance copy of the hour-long program. Efforts to reach the four former players were unsuccessful.

Auburn has been dealing with NCAA issues and allegations for months now, and Chizik once again finds himself defending his program.

"That's not what we stand for," he said. "That's not how this program is going to be run.

"I know in my heart of hearts that we're doing things the right way here at Auburn," he added.

The NCAA has been investigating the recruitment of Heisman Trophy winner Cam Newton, who led the Tigers to the 2010 national title in his lone season. Newton's father, Cecil, has admitted to soliciting money from Mississippi State during the recruiting process but said neither the player nor Auburn knew about his pay-for-play attempt.

Former Auburn defensive end Quentin Groves said he was never aware of McClover or any other teammates receiving improper payments.

"I just think it was totally and utterly ridiculous to go and say something like that about the school that gave you so much and then be mad because of selfish reasons," Groves, who is now an Oakland Raiders linebacker, told the AP in a phone interview Wednesday.

Groves said HBO contacted him and at least nine other former Auburn players for the report. He said he was never paid while at Auburn.

McClover's 2004 teammate Junior Rosegreen said McClover bought the car with money from a Pell Grant and that it didn't cost $7,000.

"That is bogus," said Rosegreen, who called McClover "a damn storyteller."

McClover, who spent two years at Auburn before turning pro after the 2005 season, also said he received cash during "money handshakes" with LSU and Michigan State and received sexual favors during a visit to Ohio State.

The SEC said in a statement that representatives from Auburn, LSU and the conference "have communicated with the NCAA Enforcement Staff" about the report.

"The involved institutions and the NCAA staff will pursue the allegations in a timely manner," the SEC said.

In a statement, Michigan State spokesman John Lewandowski said, "Our compliance office was never alerted to this alleged handshake."

Ohio State spokeswoman Shelly Poe said the school had no comment because the "the report is so far back and so many years ago and he's just coming forward with it." She said the incident described would have violated "our policies in the NCAA."

Joe Alleva, LSU's vice chancellor and athletic director, said the school would not comment but added that LSU "vigorously enforces NCAA and SEC rules and we work diligently to educate boosters on NCAA rules compliance."

Lee Ziemba, a starter at left tackle on last season's national championship team, tweeted Tuesday night that the story was a "couple former players lying to bring our past season down. Keep dreaming fellas."

Reddick, an Auburn offensive lineman from 2002 to 2005, said he initially turned down "a large sum of money" offered "by a representative of a local alumni." He said Auburn later urged him to change his major so classes didn't interfere with football and that when he was unhappy and threatened to leave, an unidentified coach asked him to come up to his office for "some mail."

"I followed him up to his office and he gave me an envelope," Reddick told HBO. He said it contained "about like $500" and that he received two or three more payments that season and six or seven as a senior.

Reddick also said he sold his SEC championship watch right after a celebration following the 2004 season to help his sister avoid foreclosure on her home.

Gray, who missed the 2008 season with a knee injury and never played for the Tigers, said he received $2,500 to $3,000 from what he described as an Auburn representative when he was being recruited out of junior college.

"This man's giving me money, I'm going to be loyal to him and go to Auburn," Gray said.

Ramsey said he was paid $5,000 to $6,000 while at Auburn.

"You walk out [after games] and all the fans are waiting for [players] to sign autographs and some random guy just walks up to you and shakes your hand and it's a wad full of money," said Ramsey, adding that he was given $300 or $400 a game.

Ramsey had a career-ending back injury following the 2007 season and later filed suit against Auburn's then-head athletic trainer saying that an aggressive rehabilitation program worsened the problem. He lost the suit and is appealing, according to The Birmingham News.

scott023
04-02-2011, 11:38 AM
The SEC is dirty Rick. Dirty dirty dirty. To say that these players owe anything to their alma mater is nuts. It's time the fruadulent programs are exposed for what they are... these are not amateur athletes. Far too many players (all conferences included, but especially in the SEC) are not on campus for an education, they're there to play ball. They don't graduate with a degree, which should be the focus of their time on campus, it shouldn't all be about football.

trickskier
04-02-2011, 12:46 PM
The SEC is dirty Rick. Dirty dirty dirty. To say that these players owe anything to their alma mater is nuts. It's time the fruadulent programs are exposed for what they are... these are not amateur athletes. Far too many players (all conferences included, but especially in the SEC) are not on campus for an education, they're there to play ball. They don't graduate with a degree, which should be the focus of their time on campus, it shouldn't all be about football.

I don't believe the SEC is any "Dirtier" than any other conference. It's the schools, coaches, administration, & boosters that make the difference.

atlfootr
04-02-2011, 05:14 PM
Scott023, what are rambling on about now ?

scott023
04-03-2011, 10:16 AM
I don't believe the SEC is any "Dirtier" than any other conference. It's the schools, coaches, administration, & boosters that make the difference.

C'mon Trick, which conference gets fined and punished more than any other in the NCAA?

scott023
04-03-2011, 10:16 AM
Scott023, what are rambling on about now ?

Great english right there.8p

Slinkyredfoot
04-03-2011, 10:40 AM
Great english right there.8p

That's the way they talk down there;)

DemolitionMan
04-03-2011, 11:23 AM
Inside Higher Education
The National Collegiate Athletic Association punished nearly half of all big-time college sports programs for major violations of its rules in the last decade, an Inside Higher Ed analysis shows.

The review finds that 53 of the 120 universities in the NCAA’s top competitive level, the Football Bowl Subdivision, were found by the NCAA's Division I Committee on Infractions to have committed major rules violations from 2001 to 2010.

That number appears to have held largely constant from the previous two decades, but the 2000s show that the number of colleges that committed serious violations of the association’s academic rules nearly doubled, to 15 from 8 in the 1990s.

Exactly what these results say about the state of NCAA rule-breaking and enforcement is to some extent in the eye of the beholder. To many critics of big-time college sports, the fact that so many major programs committed what the association deems major violations of its rules is likely to undermine the argument -- historically heard from some sports officials -- that rule-breaking is relegated to “a few bad apples” (an argument likely to resonate with those paying attention to the debate in Washington over for-profit colleges).

To others, though, the large number of colleges ensnared in the NCAA’s infractions process is evidence that the association has an impossibly complex (and, some would argue, arcane) set of rules that virtually no program can follow to a tee.

Some argue that college and university sports officials -- with bigger compliance staffs and more cooperation with NCAA investigators -- are doing a much better job ferreting out (and self-reporting) wrongdoing in their own programs.

Still others point out that, especially compared to some of the high-profile pay-for-play and other scandals of the 1980s and 1990s, many of the cases in the last decade involve relatively minor violations, such as excessive phone calls to recruits.

Yet even some experts who take a more upbeat view of the infractions statistics admit to concern about the increase in academically related violations, which they attribute, at least in part, to changes in NCAA eligibility rules that lowered the minimum academic requirements for freshmen and imposed penalties on teams and colleges whose athletes do not make consistent progress toward a degree.

“We’re admitting more people who really don't belong there, and spending millions on academic support to keep them there,” said Gene A. Marsh, a retired University of Alabama law professor who headed the Division I Committee on Infractions from 2004 to 2006. And while most sports officials remain “focused on educational progress for students for their own sake,” the potential penalties for colleges whose athletes don’t succeed academically “means you’re going to get more people getting cute, more professors who lose their will and their ethics.”

Better Than the 1980s?

By most accounts, the 1980s represented the height of NCAA rule-breaking. That was the decade in which the television money connected to big-time college sports began to explode (thanks in no small measure to a Supreme Court decision that ended the NCAA’s stranglehold on football TV contracts).

It also included the NCAA’s first-ever (and to this date only) imposition of its famed “death penalty,” on the Southern Methodist University football program, after a scandal in which Texas’ governor was implicated in paying players to enroll there. A 1990 survey by this reporter found that 57 of the 106 institutions in what was known then as Division I-A had been punished by the association for rule-breaking during the 1980s.

How much has changed since then? Have tougher enforcement and the NCAA's efforts to encourage colleges to identify and report their own violations diminished the extent of rule-breaking? Are major violations common, or are such breaches exceptional, as college sports officials often assert?

A review of the NCAA's own database of major violations finds that over the previous 10 years, 53 of the 120 institutions that now compete in the Football Bowl Subdivision broke major NCAA rules. That is one fewer than the 54 that committed major violations in the 1990s, according to the NCAA database, although the total number of cases in the 2000s -- 65 -- was actually one higher than in the 1990s.

That's because 11 institutions had two major infractions cases during the decade: Ball State University, California State University at Fresno, Florida International University, Texas Christian University, and the Universities of Alabama, Arkansas at Fayetteville, Colorado at Boulder, Michigan, Oklahoma, Southern California, and Washington.

While critics often complain that the NCAA picks on less-prominent sports programs and goes easy on the highest-profile institutions, the results from the 2000s don't necessarily back that up.

More universities in the Big Ten Conference (eight) were punished for major violations than in any other league, followed by seven in the Big 12 and Southeastern Conferences and six in the Pacific-10 Conferences, all of which are among the six leagues in the Bowl Championship Series that are typically seen as college sports' biggest players.

The other two major conferences -- the Atlantic Coast and Big East Conferences -- had four and two members punished, respectively.

Among other trends, the NCAA found a "lack of institutional control" at 14 universities from 2001-2010, down sharply from 31 from 1991-2000. "Lack of institutional control" is among the more serious NCAA rules violations, because it suggests that the college in question did not have adequate policies and practices in place to prevent violations and did not sufficiently oversee rules compliance.

The 2000s, however, saw a near-quadrupling -- to 23, from six in the 1990s -- of the number of colleges found guilty of "failure to monitor," suggesting that more institutions had proper policies and procedures in place but used them insufficiently.

The infractions committee used what have historically been its most serious penalties -- bans on appearing on television and on appearing in the postseason -- much less frequently in the last decade than in the 1990s. Just six Football Bowl Subdivision programs had teams barred from the playoffs in their sports during the 2000s, down from 31 in the 1990s. And no FBS teams were barred from appearing on television from 2001-2010, while three were from 1991-2000.

Michael L. Buckner is one of a small but growing number of lawyers whose practices revolve largely around helping colleges investigate and minimize the damage from NCAA rule-breaking. He says that the significant uptick in both institutional and NCAA officials involved in preventing and ferreting out potential violations has helped to sustain the number of violations uncovered -- and perhaps decreased the severity of the penalties imposed by the NCAA, which tends to reward colleges when they uncover wrongdoing themselves.

"When you have a large compliance staff, when they're doing what they're supposed to be doing in terms of NCAA guidelines, you're going to have more possible rules violations," he says. "And that's especially true when you consider how many more rules you have to comply with," as the NCAA tends to expand its rulebook every year.

Josephine R. Potuto, the Richard H. Larson Professor of Constitutional Law at the University of Nebraska at Lincoln and, like Marsh, a former infractions committee chair, says that "while you would certainly like the number [of major violations] to be much lower," she perceives a qualitative difference in the types of violations that are being uncovered, especially compared to the pay-for-play scandals of the 1980s.

"A number of cases, when I served [on the infractions panel], involving playing and practice seasons or excessive telephone calls," she says. "Certainly I wouldn't be here to defend those sorts of violations by any means -- schools are obliged to follow all the rules, and a major violation is a major violation. But I think they are different in kind from academic fraud, from amateurism violations, from real recruiting violations" of the sort that were more common two decades ago, Potuto says.

Marsh agrees that it "may be that there are more people out walking sentry duty," and that "you could have fewer violations and more people out there catching fish." He also concurs with Potuto that much of the rule-breaking in the last decade has involved "some pretty humdrum stuff" that has been deemed major because of the number of violations, more than because of their seriousness, like excessive text messages or phone calls sent to athletes.

But he says he is struck by -- and concerned about -- the significant number of cases of academic fraud. Fifteen of the 64 major cases involving Football Bowl Subdivision universities from 2001-10 pertained to academic fraud or other academic violations involving enrolled athletes, up from 8 in 1991-2010.

Marsh thinks that increase can be attributed, in part, to the NCAA's decision early in the decade to eliminate the minimum cutoff score athletes needed to be eligible to play as freshmen. When combined with the Academic Progress Rate system the association instituted in 2003 -- which imposes potentially serious penalties on teams whose athletes don't stay on track toward graduation -- those changes have been perceived as pushing more athletes into less academically demanding majors and could lead officials to "focus on eligibility... What can we do to keep this kid eligible for one more fall semester?"

Buckner, the lawyer, agrees that the NCAA's academic rules may be leading to more rule-breaking, but attributes the problem to individuals rather than to institutional malfeasance. Potuto agrees, to a point: "If you're talking about the kind of rule-breaking where somebody on the staff of a university would be complicit in helping a student-athlete plagiarize to stay eligible, or have somebody take a test to stay eligible, that's an individual situation, not a systemic problem," she says.

"But if you're talking about getting sucked in to doing more for student-athletes than sound academic principles would provide, then we might be seeing something systemic there," she says. "There are incentives in athletics to cheat that really change the nature of what's going on. If you have those sorts of incentives, people who are going to do anything to succeed are going to do things that you don't like."

trickskier
04-03-2011, 09:40 PM
C'mon Trick, which conference gets fined and punished more than any other in the NCAA?

Inside Higher Education
The National Collegiate Athletic Association punished nearly half of all big-time college sports programs for major violations of its rules in the last decade, an Inside Higher Ed analysis shows.

The review finds that 53 of the 120 universities in the NCAA’s top competitive level, the Football Bowl Subdivision, were found by the NCAA's Division I Committee on Infractions to have committed major rules violations from 2001 to 2010.

That number appears to have held largely constant from the previous two decades, but the 2000s show that the number of colleges that committed serious violations of the association’s academic rules nearly doubled, to 15 from 8 in the 1990s.

Exactly what these results say about the state of NCAA rule-breaking and enforcement is to some extent in the eye of the beholder. To many critics of big-time college sports, the fact that so many major programs committed what the association deems major violations of its rules is likely to undermine the argument -- historically heard from some sports officials -- that rule-breaking is relegated to “a few bad apples” (an argument likely to resonate with those paying attention to the debate in Washington over for-profit colleges).

To others, though, the large number of colleges ensnared in the NCAA’s infractions process is evidence that the association has an impossibly complex (and, some would argue, arcane) set of rules that virtually no program can follow to a tee.

Some argue that college and university sports officials -- with bigger compliance staffs and more cooperation with NCAA investigators -- are doing a much better job ferreting out (and self-reporting) wrongdoing in their own programs.

Still others point out that, especially compared to some of the high-profile pay-for-play and other scandals of the 1980s and 1990s, many of the cases in the last decade involve relatively minor violations, such as excessive phone calls to recruits.

Yet even some experts who take a more upbeat view of the infractions statistics admit to concern about the increase in academically related violations, which they attribute, at least in part, to changes in NCAA eligibility rules that lowered the minimum academic requirements for freshmen and imposed penalties on teams and colleges whose athletes do not make consistent progress toward a degree.

“We’re admitting more people who really don't belong there, and spending millions on academic support to keep them there,” said Gene A. Marsh, a retired University of Alabama law professor who headed the Division I Committee on Infractions from 2004 to 2006. And while most sports officials remain “focused on educational progress for students for their own sake,” the potential penalties for colleges whose athletes don’t succeed academically “means you’re going to get more people getting cute, more professors who lose their will and their ethics.”

Better Than the 1980s?

By most accounts, the 1980s represented the height of NCAA rule-breaking. That was the decade in which the television money connected to big-time college sports began to explode (thanks in no small measure to a Supreme Court decision that ended the NCAA’s stranglehold on football TV contracts).

It also included the NCAA’s first-ever (and to this date only) imposition of its famed “death penalty,” on the Southern Methodist University football program, after a scandal in which Texas’ governor was implicated in paying players to enroll there. A 1990 survey by this reporter found that 57 of the 106 institutions in what was known then as Division I-A had been punished by the association for rule-breaking during the 1980s.

How much has changed since then? Have tougher enforcement and the NCAA's efforts to encourage colleges to identify and report their own violations diminished the extent of rule-breaking? Are major violations common, or are such breaches exceptional, as college sports officials often assert?

A review of the NCAA's own database of major violations finds that over the previous 10 years, 53 of the 120 institutions that now compete in the Football Bowl Subdivision broke major NCAA rules. That is one fewer than the 54 that committed major violations in the 1990s, according to the NCAA database, although the total number of cases in the 2000s -- 65 -- was actually one higher than in the 1990s.

That's because 11 institutions had two major infractions cases during the decade: Ball State University, California State University at Fresno, Florida International University, Texas Christian University, and the Universities of Alabama, Arkansas at Fayetteville, Colorado at Boulder, Michigan, Oklahoma, Southern California, and Washington.

While critics often complain that the NCAA picks on less-prominent sports programs and goes easy on the highest-profile institutions, the results from the 2000s don't necessarily back that up.

More universities in the Big Ten Conference (eight) were punished for major violations than in any other league, followed by seven in the Big 12 and Southeastern Conferences and six in the Pacific-10 Conferences, all of which are among the six leagues in the Bowl Championship Series that are typically seen as college sports' biggest players.

The other two major conferences -- the Atlantic Coast and Big East Conferences -- had four and two members punished, respectively.

Among other trends, the NCAA found a "lack of institutional control" at 14 universities from 2001-2010, down sharply from 31 from 1991-2000. "Lack of institutional control" is among the more serious NCAA rules violations, because it suggests that the college in question did not have adequate policies and practices in place to prevent violations and did not sufficiently oversee rules compliance.

The 2000s, however, saw a near-quadrupling -- to 23, from six in the 1990s -- of the number of colleges found guilty of "failure to monitor," suggesting that more institutions had proper policies and procedures in place but used them insufficiently.

The infractions committee used what have historically been its most serious penalties -- bans on appearing on television and on appearing in the postseason -- much less frequently in the last decade than in the 1990s. Just six Football Bowl Subdivision programs had teams barred from the playoffs in their sports during the 2000s, down from 31 in the 1990s. And no FBS teams were barred from appearing on television from 2001-2010, while three were from 1991-2000.

Michael L. Buckner is one of a small but growing number of lawyers whose practices revolve largely around helping colleges investigate and minimize the damage from NCAA rule-breaking. He says that the significant uptick in both institutional and NCAA officials involved in preventing and ferreting out potential violations has helped to sustain the number of violations uncovered -- and perhaps decreased the severity of the penalties imposed by the NCAA, which tends to reward colleges when they uncover wrongdoing themselves.

"When you have a large compliance staff, when they're doing what they're supposed to be doing in terms of NCAA guidelines, you're going to have more possible rules violations," he says. "And that's especially true when you consider how many more rules you have to comply with," as the NCAA tends to expand its rulebook every year.

Josephine R. Potuto, the Richard H. Larson Professor of Constitutional Law at the University of Nebraska at Lincoln and, like Marsh, a former infractions committee chair, says that "while you would certainly like the number [of major violations] to be much lower," she perceives a qualitative difference in the types of violations that are being uncovered, especially compared to the pay-for-play scandals of the 1980s.

"A number of cases, when I served [on the infractions panel], involving playing and practice seasons or excessive telephone calls," she says. "Certainly I wouldn't be here to defend those sorts of violations by any means -- schools are obliged to follow all the rules, and a major violation is a major violation. But I think they are different in kind from academic fraud, from amateurism violations, from real recruiting violations" of the sort that were more common two decades ago, Potuto says.

Marsh agrees that it "may be that there are more people out walking sentry duty," and that "you could have fewer violations and more people out there catching fish." He also concurs with Potuto that much of the rule-breaking in the last decade has involved "some pretty humdrum stuff" that has been deemed major because of the number of violations, more than because of their seriousness, like excessive text messages or phone calls sent to athletes.

But he says he is struck by -- and concerned about -- the significant number of cases of academic fraud. Fifteen of the 64 major cases involving Football Bowl Subdivision universities from 2001-10 pertained to academic fraud or other academic violations involving enrolled athletes, up from 8 in 1991-2010.

Marsh thinks that increase can be attributed, in part, to the NCAA's decision early in the decade to eliminate the minimum cutoff score athletes needed to be eligible to play as freshmen. When combined with the Academic Progress Rate system the association instituted in 2003 -- which imposes potentially serious penalties on teams whose athletes don't stay on track toward graduation -- those changes have been perceived as pushing more athletes into less academically demanding majors and could lead officials to "focus on eligibility... What can we do to keep this kid eligible for one more fall semester?"

Buckner, the lawyer, agrees that the NCAA's academic rules may be leading to more rule-breaking, but attributes the problem to individuals rather than to institutional malfeasance. Potuto agrees, to a point: "If you're talking about the kind of rule-breaking where somebody on the staff of a university would be complicit in helping a student-athlete plagiarize to stay eligible, or have somebody take a test to stay eligible, that's an individual situation, not a systemic problem," she says.

"But if you're talking about getting sucked in to doing more for student-athletes than sound academic principles would provide, then we might be seeing something systemic there," she says. "There are incentives in athletics to cheat that really change the nature of what's going on. If you have those sorts of incentives, people who are going to do anything to succeed are going to do things that you don't like."

And you were saying???

scott023
04-04-2011, 10:51 AM
And you were saying???

I was saying that the SEC gets flagged for more violations... the posted article is only refering to MAJOR violations, although I was unaware of the Big 10 having more of these than the SEC.

scott023
04-04-2011, 01:13 PM
And let's not get started which conference has the athletes with the biggest rap sheets. :rotf:

sand2snow22
04-04-2011, 01:31 PM
Happens. Oregon paid Willie Lyles $25k for 'scouting services'. Got one kid to commit to Oregon, not surprised to find he was sleeping with his Mom:

http://www.oregonlive.com/sports/oregonian/john_canzano/index.ssf/2011/03/canzano_hey_ncaa_you_planning.html

DemolitionMan
05-12-2011, 11:07 AM
I am glad he is gone. I don't want our program to turn out like Ohio State.:D

ATHENS, Ga. -- Georgia running back Washaun Ealey is leaving the Bulldogs, the school said Monday, a move that wasn't surprising after he was suspended twice for disciplinary reasons.

Out Of The Dawg House
Washaun Ealey's departure may not have come as a surprise, but it leaves Georgia in a bind at running back, writes Edward Aschoff. Blog

Coach Mark Richt said Ealey had been granted his conditional release to transfer to another school for next season. He has two years of eligibility remaining.

"Washaun and I have had several conversations in recent weeks," Richt said in a statement. "We both have come to the conclusion that a transfer to another institution would be in his best interest."

Ealey led Georgia in rushing as a sophomore with 811 yards and 11 touchdowns, setting a school record when he ran for five TDs in a win over Kentucky. But the Bulldogs had their first losing season since 1996 and signaled a change in direction with their signing of highly touted running back Isaiah Crowell.

Under fire after three straight disappointing seasons, Richt did nothing to downplay expectations for the freshman.

"I wouldn't be shocked to see him run that rock in the Dome against Boise State on the opening play if he does what he's supposed to do," the coach said on signing day.

Ealey was suspended for the 2010 season opener after his arrest for driving with a suspended license and leaving the scene of an accident. Then, in February, he was barred from offseason activities after reportedly failing to show up for disciplinary running.

Richt lifted the suspension less than three weeks later, but Ealey surely knew he was facing a cut in playing time after sharing carries with Caleb King, who had disciplinary issues of his own last season.

King was suspended for two games after failing to appear in court to deal with a speeding ticket, then he missed the Liberty Bowl because of academic issues.

Copyright 2011 by The Associated Press

Maristar210
05-26-2011, 03:27 PM
How's the Buckeye Nation doing these days???

AHHHHHHH>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I LIKE IT

Hi CP

captain planet
05-26-2011, 04:45 PM
Doing just fine here Maristar. I'm expecting an exciting season this year. Miami w/o our five players and our leader will be an adventure, as will the Michigan State game. If we can weather those two games I expect to be in yet another BCS bowl game this year.

So tell me again, how many points and yards did Indiana rack up on you last year?:D

Maristar210
05-26-2011, 07:26 PM
UM..... You MMMMMM

UM

You guys are f ucked.

Sweater vest is going to be fired. Sanctions, fines and elimination of scholarships are forthcoming.....

captain planet
05-27-2011, 11:21 AM
Tressel isn't going anywhere.

You just want to see him fired because you can't beat us with him. 8p

ShamrockIV
05-27-2011, 11:23 AM

who is this "you" that can't beat "us with him"??

captain planet
05-27-2011, 11:27 AM
who is this "you" that can't beat "us with him"??

You=meatchicken
us=THE Ohio State University Football Team
him=Mr. Jim Tressel

Fellas, don't get your p p's all excited like Mr. Tressel is going somehwere....he's not. He's at Ohio State and will continue to dominate meatchicken season after season.

ShamrockIV
05-27-2011, 11:30 AM
i gotcha. how is he against SEC teams?

captain planet
05-27-2011, 12:42 PM
1-3...and your point is?

ShamrockIV
05-27-2011, 01:13 PM
1-3...and your point is?

just wanted to hear u say it lol

come down south and play when u want to step up a level. plus we can teach u how to cheat!! lol

captain planet
05-27-2011, 01:29 PM
just wanted to hear u say it lol

come down south and play when u want to step up a level. plus we can teach u how to cheat!! lol

I hope you feel better now!

You'll teach us how to cheat and not get caught?:rolleyes:

ShamrockIV
05-27-2011, 01:31 PM
I hope you feel better now!

You'll teach us how to cheat and not get caught?:rolleyes:

yep first start would be Auburn.

scott023
05-30-2011, 09:20 AM
You=meatchicken
us=THE Ohio State University Football Team
him=Mr. Jim Tressel

Fellas, don't get your p p's all excited like Mr. Tressel is going somehwere....he's not. He's at Ohio State and will continue to dominate meatchicken season after season.

You sure on that CP???

http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/sports/stories/2011/05/30/ohio-state-news.html

Maristar210
05-30-2011, 11:38 AM

I'm sorry CP .... I can't hear you over the UM fight song. What is it that you were saying about Tressel??????

You a holes had it coming for years and now you got it. I love it.

oumiller28
05-30-2011, 11:45 AM
Just Want to jump in here and give a big BOOMER SOONER!!!
This year we get the job done!
I hope everyone kicks the crap out of the cornchukers... CU sucks so bad they dont even count anymore.
..."land of the free and home of the SOONERS!!!!"

scott023
05-30-2011, 12:46 PM
Lots of speculation out there that Jon Gruden will take the vacant Ohio State coaching position... we shall see.

trickskier
05-31-2011, 11:30 AM

Yo - CP Where are you??? I know it was a rough weekend for you --- Just making sure you're OK brother!!!

BWB-745-
05-31-2011, 11:55 AM
I think a lot of Ohio State fans will be disappointed with the next coach. Not many would want to take over a program that will be playing on probation, assuming that will be the punishment.

captain planet
05-31-2011, 12:34 PM
Yo - CP Where are you??? I know it was a rough weekend for you --- Just making sure you're OK brother!!!

Worked all weekend to come into my real job today to find this out. Still digesting it. On my way to the store.....I hope I don't veer into a bridge support on the way.

captain planet
05-31-2011, 12:35 PM
I'm sorry CP .... I can't hear you over the UM fight song. What is it that you were saying about Tressel??????

You a holes had it coming for years and now you got it. I love it.

You a holes huh? I thought we were closer than that Maristar?

Maristar210
05-31-2011, 12:40 PM
You a holes huh? I thought we were closer than that Maristar?

We are. I meant your fans, not you.

But, you must admit you were awfully sure he wasn't going anywhere and it backfired.

I'd still have a beer with you anyday and I love your boat.

trickskier
05-31-2011, 12:40 PM
Worked all weekend to come into my real job today to find this out. Still digesting it. On my way to the store.....I hope I don't veer into a bridge support on the way.

You still have time to convert to a Gator fan before the season starts!!!

ShamrockIV
05-31-2011, 01:05 PM

why would he want to do that tricky????

U know the Tide is going back to the big game this year!!

captain planet
05-31-2011, 01:26 PM
We are. I meant your fans, not you.

But, you must admit you were awfully sure he wasn't going anywhere and it backfired.

I'd still have a beer with you anyday and I love your boat.

You suck-a$$! ;)

Yea, I didn't think he was going anywhere. I haven't watched much ESPN or paid much attention to the news over the past month so I was unaware what was going on. I'm still digesting and reading up. My initial thought is/was he told the AD what was going on, and was told, "shhhhh". I spoke with a friend today and was given a different angle (which doesn't help the situation in any way) and I'm thinking it through. Bottom line is it sucks, it goes on everywhere, and we just got caught.

Send pryor off, pay our dues to the corrupt/hypocritical NCAA, and move on. See you in another BCS game in 2014.....if the world doesn't end by then.

captain planet
05-31-2011, 01:28 PM

Tricky, I would rather never watch college football again than become a southern michigan fan (or meatchicken fan for that matter).

trickskier
05-31-2011, 01:31 PM
Tricky, I would rather never watch college football again than become a southern michigan fan (or meatchicken fan for that matter).

You're just in a state of denial - You'll come around --- Eventually

DemolitionMan
06-01-2011, 04:17 PM
[QUOTE=captain planet;757760]Tricky, I would rather never watch college football again than become a southern michigan fan (or meatchicken fan for that matter).[/QUOTE

Urban Meyer to OSU?

http://www.alligatorarmy.com/2011/6/1/2199461/urban-meyer-ohio-state-rumors-coach-replacement

trickskier
06-01-2011, 09:19 PM

Urban Meyer to OSU?

http://www.alligatorarmy.com/2011/6/1/2199461/urban-meyer-ohio-state-rumors-coach-replacement

So if Urban goes to Ohio Snake - Will that make Ohio Snake North Florida???

captain planet
06-02-2011, 09:49 AM
So if Urban goes to Ohio Snake - Will that make Ohio Snake North Florida???

If you were within arms reach of me right now Tricky, I'd shove a bar of soap in your mouth.

trickskier
06-02-2011, 10:38 AM
If you were within arms reach of me right now Tricky, I'd shove a bar of soap in your mouth.

LMAO CP!!!

shepherd
06-02-2011, 02:24 PM
Maybe OSU can hire Rich Rod now. Wouldn't that be ironic?

scott023
06-02-2011, 02:26 PM
Maybe OSU can hire Rich Rod now. Wouldn't that be moronic?

Fixed it for you. :):):)

DemolitionMan
06-02-2011, 02:28 PM
Maybe OSU can hire Rich Rod now. Wouldn't that be ironic?

Fixed it for you. :):):)

That would be funny. I never liked him after he left West Virginia.

captain planet
06-02-2011, 03:01 PM
LMAO CP!!!

Yea, I was laughing while I was typing it!

Is there something wrong with the smileys on the TT board or is it just my computer? All I get are red x's to the right when typing.

trickskier
06-02-2011, 03:05 PM
Yea, I was laughing while I was typing it!

Is there something wrong with the smileys on the TT board or is it just my computer? All I get are red x's to the right when typing.

Is there anything to smile about in Ohio???

DemolitionMan
06-02-2011, 03:45 PM
Is there anything to smile about in Ohio???

The Indians are in first place.:D

captain planet
06-08-2011, 11:48 AM
You suck-a$$! ;)

Yea, I didn't think he was going anywhere. I haven't watched much ESPN or paid much attention to the news over the past month so I was unaware what was going on. I'm still digesting and reading up. My initial thought is/was he told the AD what was going on, and was told, "shhhhh". I spoke with a friend today and was given a different angle (which doesn't help the situation in any way) and I'm thinking it through. Bottom line is it sucks, it goes on everywhere, and we just got caught.

Send pryor off, pay our dues to the corrupt/hypocritical NCAA, and move on. See you in another BCS game in 2014.....if the world doesn't end by then.

I hate to quote myself....but I'm glad this came true.

Goodbye Mr. clarette...oops, I mean Mr. pryor. You will always be remembered in this Ohio State fans heart as one of the reasons that we lost one of the best college coaches of our time. I hope you enjoy your tats. May they forever remind you of your me-first attitude and what you could have become.

trickskier
06-08-2011, 10:27 PM
I hate to quote myself....but I'm glad this came true.

Goodbye Mr. clarette...oops, I mean Mr. pryor. You will always be remembered in this Ohio State fans heart as one of the reasons that we lost one of the best college coaches of our time. I hope you enjoy your tats. May they forever remind you of your me-first attitude and what you could have become.

Come on CP - Prior to this Pryor would have been welcomed in your home!!! Pun intended!!!

Have you read the SI article??? Sorry Tressel is no saint, he has a lot of skeletons in the closet!!!

DemolitionMan
06-08-2011, 11:22 PM
Come on CP - Prior to this Pryor would have been welcomed in your home!!! Pun intended!!!

Have you read the SI article??? Sorry Tressel is no saint, he has a lot of skeletons in the closet!!!

And sweater vest.

captain planet
06-09-2011, 11:39 AM

I have never been a fan of pryor. He can't throw worth a crap and all he has is flat out speed. He isn't breaking anybodys ankles with quick moves, he's just fast......and has a me-first attitude and lacks leadership skills. Welcome to the CFL mr. pryor.

If you think this kind of stuff isn't going on all over the place you are kidding yourself. Had that knucklehead at that tattoo shop not gotten investigated by the feds, we wouldn't even be talking about this.

captain planet
06-09-2011, 11:43 AM
And sweater vest.

I'll still be wearing mine in the fall.

jdl xstar
06-09-2011, 03:05 PM
As its said.. Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones! Odds are that in many of the major programs there are a few that are breaking the rules. Most of the players come from severely underprivaledged situations so the idea that they can get a few thousand easy bucks is a temptation that is very hard to resist. With Terrel Pryor, he got a grand per signature so at what point does he say no? It sucks that the whole program gets punished though.

tgump
06-14-2011, 03:48 PM
Well, it's going to be interesting to see how Dana Holgersen is going to do here at WVU this year now that he was named Head Coach. He's an offensive genius, but we'll see.

captain planet
06-14-2011, 08:49 PM
Someone sent this to me and I thought it worth wild to pass along. It is from John Thoma, former punter for Ohio State.

In Defense of My Coach

It is always sad to see a hero fall.
It has happened to me a few times, and for a few different reasons. Mario Lemieux was taken from the game of hockey as he reached his prime to battle illness. Tiger Woods lived a double life and is now a shell of the man who used to make the world shake with the reverberating roars of galleries across America. Those were my sporting heroes.

Men who stood at the pinnacle of their respective professions and made a legitimate difference in people’s lives.

I thought that watching them lose their air of invincibility would be the hardest way to see a career end. I thought that I would never feel so hopeless again, because I would never be as young and impressionable as I was when I let these men become such a large part of my life. Then again, I thought Jim Tressel was invincible.

Let me start by saying that I will not blame my teammates for any of this. Am I mad at them? Yes. I am mad as Hell at them for some of their actions. I am furious they cast aside our symbols of brotherhood and victory for a few hundred dollars. Those rings and Gold Pants were supposed to remind us forever of what we were a part of. Those rings were supposed to clank off of each other as we shook hands at our 2010 Rose Bowl Champs 25th anniversary banquet. Those rings were a part of our legacy to be carried on to our grandchildren as they looked at us in our rocking chairs and wondered how in the world we used to be champion athletes.

But who am I to tell someone what is important? Show an 18-year-old some money and give him some power, and you have a recipe for disaster. Put yourself in their shoes and tell me you would be able to resist temptation. You can’t. Tell an 18-year-old that he is the greatest enough times, and he will believe you. It comes with the territory.

Coach Tressel made the choice to try to account for his young players’ transgressions and move forward into the season with one of his most talented teams ever. It’s a choice he now undoubtedly regrets.

In my brief time at the top level of the amateur game, I learned one thing to be true without fail: If you succeed, people will hate you. And if people hate you, they will try to bring you down. Look at Auburn. If they went 2-4 through their first six games, would jealous Mississippi State boosters have come out of the woodwork to rat out Cam Newton? Fat chance. And along those lines, there is an even fatter chance that both Gene Chizik and Cam himself knew nothing of Cecil’s plan to shop his son. Examples are abundant. Bob Stoops knew nothing about the tens of thousands of dollars Rhett Bomar took for working a no-show job? Yeah, and I’m dating Beyonce. Dig deep enough anywhere you want, you’re eventually going to hit the dirt.

The difference is that when the others got caught, there was no proof. Coach Tressel reached out to people he thought may have an influence on future decisions made by the players (the quarterback’s “mentor”), and in doing so, sealed his own fate. The nail in his own coffin came in the form of a concerned e-mail.

Do I think Coach Tress was in the dark about the alleged ongoing violations by his players? No way. I always thought that man knew everything. My freshman year he approached me, a mere walk-on back-up punter, and asked me how my parents and two sisters were doing. He referred to them all by name! We had about 120 players on the team and he knew every person in all 120 immediate families. He knew because he cared.

He made a promise to our families to take care of us and he did everything in his power to fulfill that promise. He made us read books that would help us in life, write reports about those books, and present them to the team. The first thing we did every day was reflect and pray. There were constant reminders about how lucky we were to be playing a game for a free education and a chance at a better life. He made us sit through hours of brutal meetings with the compliance office almost every week. Believe me, we all knew what was legal and what was not legal. He brought lawyers and policemen in to warn us about the dangers of drunk driving, nightlife, and hanging out with the wrong people. He put us in hospitals to interact with patients, and introduced us to the military.
He taught us that there was more to being an Ohio State football player than just football.

We had a responsibility to present ourselves in a positive way, as we were representatives of so many things so much bigger than ourselves. Apparently, some of us could not handle that honor.

To some of us, there were different priorities, and becoming a man under the watchful eye of millions around the world was too much. George Dohrmann from Sports Illustrated suggested that Jim Tressel lost control of his football team. Quite the contrary. The Ohio State Football culture took over Columbus. Coach was the only reason there WAS any control on this football team. Ask the troubled former receiver. Ask the star quarterback. Our mistakes occurred away from his watchful eye.

Our mistakes had nothing to do with Jim Tressel.

Coach Tressel had one goal for each and every one of his players. He wanted to put us in the best position possible to succeed. Both on the field and off. He taught us that complacency was not an option, and that we could only be the best men that we could be if we learned every single day. He taught us everything he could, and gave us resources to learn what he could not teach us.

I want to look him in the eyes and thank him for the chance he gave me. I want to thank him for the life I live today and the doors he opened for me along the way. I want to thank him for introducing me to BuckeyeNation. I want to thank him for my rings and for my gold pants. I want to thank him for allowing me to live my dream and for the happiest moments of my young life.

He always said, “On your best days be great. On your worst days, be good. Every other day, get better.” Let’s just say that today, the Ohio State community is only good. But thanks to our Coach, we will always be better. Go Bucks!

trickskier
08-07-2011, 08:11 AM
It's out - USA Today Top 25 --- :D

1. Oklahoma
2. Alabama
3. Oregon
4. LSU
5. Florida State
6. Stanford
7. Boise State
8. Oklahoma State
9. Texas A&M
10. Wisconsin
11. Nebraska
12. South Carolina
13. Virginia Tech
14. Arkansas
15. TCU
16. Ohio Snake
17. Michigan State
18. Notre Dame
19. Auburn
20. Mississippi State
21. Missouri
22. Georgia
23. Florida
24. Texas
25. Penn State

bbymgr
08-07-2011, 08:49 AM
Nice edit job there Tricky!! Is that how #16 was listed??:D:D

captain planet
08-08-2011, 05:34 PM

#23 is actually "Southern michigan". 8p

Maristar210
08-08-2011, 08:35 PM
Well Fellahs this sure as hell will be an interesting year for football of all kinds. High school kids are into two a days starting today. College will be a mixup and pro is a crapshoot.

GO BLUE

DemolitionMan
08-08-2011, 09:07 PM
Well Fellahs this sure as hell will be an interesting year for football of all kinds. High school kids are into two a days starting today. College will be a mixup and pro is a crapshoot.

GO BLUE

This years champion could be any team out of the top 25. Oh I forgot Ohio State is not eligible.:D

captain planet
08-08-2011, 09:22 PM
This years champion could be any team out of the top 25. Oh I forgot Ohio State is not eligible.:D

Neither is usc. 8p

trickskier
08-08-2011, 09:25 PM

I just copy & paste --- :rolleyes:

trickskier
08-08-2011, 09:37 PM

Now, now DM - The sanctions haven't been levied against Ohio Snake yet - Bet when they are levied - The ONLY bowl OSU players will see is a cereal bowl!!! :uglyhamme

Neither is usc. 8p

And that's whey their not ranked this year! :D

wheeler
08-10-2011, 10:40 AM
Go Razorbacks!

_fng_
08-10-2011, 11:56 AM
Wisconsin should be pretty good this year! Bruising running game with a mobile and accurate quarterback, as long as he acclimates to the new system alright.

captain planet
08-10-2011, 01:13 PM
Now, now DM - The sanctions haven't been levied against Ohio Snake yet - Bet when they are levied - The ONLY bowl OSU players will see is a cereal bowl!!! :uglyhamme

And that's whey their not ranked this year! :D

They're........

Is that the edumacation you received at southern michigan shining through? 8p

ShamrockIV
08-10-2011, 01:57 PM
It's out - USA Today Top 25 --- :D

1. Oklahoma
2. Alabama
3. Oregon
4. LSU
5. Florida State
6. Stanford
7. Boise State
8. Oklahoma State
9. Texas A&M
10. Wisconsin
11. Nebraska
12. South Carolina
13. Virginia Tech
14. Arkansas
15. TCU
16. Ohio Snake
17. Michigan State
18. Notre Dame
19. Auburn
20. Mississippi State
21. Missouri
22. Georgia
23. Florida
24. Texas
25. Penn State

hey tricky
we are thnking of roadtripping down for the bama v gators game!!
i will have to holler at you if we do!!

plunk77
08-11-2011, 09:12 PM
I'm excited for this season because instead of just watching it on tv i'm going to get to experience a game in the SEC firsthand. We open up at Alabama this year. The game is already sold out and the closest hotel my parents and many of my teammates parents could find (pre tornado) is 40 minutes away. I believe that every alabama fan is going to be wearing white in remembrance of the tornado. Its going to be a neat experience.

shepherd
08-12-2011, 08:58 AM
I'm excited for this season because instead of just watching it on tv i'm going to get to experience a game in the SEC firsthand. We open up at Alabama this year. The game is already sold out and the closest hotel my parents and many of my teammates parents could find (pre tornado) is 40 minutes away. I believe that every alabama fan is going to be wearing white in remembrance of the tornado. Its going to be a neat experience.

What position/number are you?

trickskier
08-12-2011, 09:28 AM
hey tricky
we are thnking of roadtripping down for the bama v gators game!!
i will have to holler at you if we do!!

Please do - Oh, and PLEASE bring some Apple Pie!!! :D

trickskier
08-12-2011, 09:29 AM
They're........

Is that the edumacation you received at southern michigan shining through? 8p

Better than the one Prior was getting at Ohio Snake!!! :D

captain planet
08-12-2011, 10:48 AM
Better than the one Prior was getting at Ohio Snake!!! :D

Nice deflection. :rolleyes:

plunk77
08-13-2011, 09:57 PM
What position/number are you?

77. offensive tackle. probably won't start but i'll get pt

shepherd
08-15-2011, 11:00 AM

Good luck! An upset would be awesome.

trickskier
08-29-2011, 10:54 AM
ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL???

BWB-745-
08-29-2011, 11:05 AM
Yes, I cannot wait any longer. It's been hard to fall asleep knowing that I will be in Bryant-Denny in less than 6 days!

rspiecha
08-29-2011, 11:59 AM
War Eagle!!!!

DemolitionMan
08-29-2011, 12:57 PM
Teams that go 6-7 should not wear special uniforms. Can we give these back to nike.

davidstan
08-29-2011, 01:06 PM
War eagle!

DemolitionMan
08-29-2011, 01:08 PM
War Eagle!!!!

War eagle!

Back to reality this year.;)

stuartmcnair
08-29-2011, 01:12 PM

If you get in I'll try to get a photo of you...

76S&S
08-29-2011, 01:21 PM
So, is this pic by our very own TT member Stuart McNair? Cool article. http://alabama.scout.com/2/1099954.html

trickskier
08-29-2011, 01:27 PM
War Eagle!!!!

War eagle!

Back to reality this year.;)

Oh so TRUE!!! :uglyhamme:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

captain planet
08-29-2011, 01:33 PM
Teams that go 6-7 should not wear special uniforms. Can we give these back to nike.

Wow, those are horrid.

DemolitionMan
08-29-2011, 01:33 PM
Wow, those are horrid.

They look so bad.:mad:

DemolitionMan
08-29-2011, 01:36 PM
CP this is for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdkk7Bik72Q

stuartmcnair
08-29-2011, 04:13 PM
So, is this pic by our very own TT member Stuart McNair? Cool article. http://alabama.scout.com/2/1099954.html

dang...you figured out my cryptic user name....

2RLAKE
08-29-2011, 05:35 PM

hey good luck against 'bama Saturday Max .... we'll be cheering for you

Bruce says hi too

Smitty
08-29-2011, 08:31 PM
A fellow OT in the house. Good luck this year and protect the blind side.

DemolitionMan
08-30-2011, 10:49 AM
This took some time.

TNPIG
08-30-2011, 11:17 AM
Go Razorbacks!
WOO PIG SOOIEE!!!!!
This season can't get started soon enough. Three cupcakes leading up to the game at Bama...then we find out where we stand. Losing Knile hurts, but Ronnie Wingo, Dennis Johnson, and DeAnthony Curtis just have to be good not great with the recieving corp we have. Go Hogs!!!

BWB-745-
08-30-2011, 11:23 AM
Yeah, I'm looking forward to our game with Arky, it will be a good test for our secondary.

trickskier
08-30-2011, 03:25 PM
This took some time.

Looks like a TOTAL WASTE of TIME to me!!! 8p:D

captain planet
08-30-2011, 08:29 PM
CP this is for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdkk7Bik72Q

8:15...........:D

DemolitionMan
08-30-2011, 08:32 PM
Looks like a TOTAL WASTE of TIME to me!!! 8p:D

Please you want one at your Publix.

DemolitionMan
08-30-2011, 08:33 PM

Cheap shot.;)

gusolah
08-30-2011, 08:49 PM
Lsu Tigers

captain planet
08-30-2011, 08:53 PM
Cheap shot.;)

That would probably draw a flag in todays game. :mad:

Footin
08-30-2011, 09:08 PM
Got my tickets for this weekend, taking the family. GO BUCKS!

DemolitionMan
08-30-2011, 09:17 PM

Are those free this year?:D

jdl xstar
09-01-2011, 11:25 AM
SMU Mustangs.... Take them against the spread every game. They have 18 returning starters on a team that lost in the conference championship including a highly regarded QB, Kyle Padron, who will be highly drafted next year if he declares. Just sayin.. if you like to wager on some games, SMU should be a good pick. Football season couldn't come soon enough. :D

DemolitionMan
09-01-2011, 11:39 AM

8:59...................:D

DemolitionMan
09-01-2011, 11:46 AM
Great video!!!!!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-OTwA66BJg

captain planet
09-01-2011, 12:43 PM
8:59...................:D

That is pretty weak compared to 8:15, just sayin. :rolleyes:

ShamrockIV
09-01-2011, 12:50 PM
ROLL TIDE!!! Soon to be 14 titles

DemolitionMan
09-01-2011, 12:51 PM
ROLL TIDE!!! Soon to be 14 titles

I believe you said that last year.:D

76S&S
09-01-2011, 01:06 PM
I believe you said that last year.:D

Sooner or later, he'll be right.............hopefully sooner:D

ShamrockIV
09-01-2011, 01:08 PM
Sooner or later, he'll be right.............hopefully sooner:D

yes i did say that last year. but i was not prepared for the highest paid QB in college football to do what he did last year lol

LYNRDSKYNRD
09-01-2011, 01:34 PM
Sooner or later, he'll be right.............hopefully sooner:DCouldn't agree more!!

DemolitionMan
09-02-2011, 01:10 PM
Hopefully this season will be better then the past two.:cry:

captain planet
09-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Are those free this year?:D

They are $1 more than Miami tickets. :o

stuartmcnair
09-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Hopefully this season will be better then the past two.:cry:

well, starting it off with a "Red Out" should just about tell you how it will go. I guess they didn't want to try another "Black Out" after the beating they took in that one. I guess next year will be a "White Out" followed by a "Grey Out". Any more colors in those unis?

trickskier
09-02-2011, 02:11 PM
Go Gators!!! Headed to the "SWAMP" tomorrow!!! :D

jdl xstar
09-02-2011, 02:27 PM
Go Gators!!! Headed to the "SWAMP" tomorrow!!! :D

Hey Rick, will you be tailgating with your usual game day buddy? ;)

_fng_
09-02-2011, 02:53 PM
It's hard not to look good against UNLV but ol Bucky put a whipping on those boys! The two backs slimmed down a bit and are a little more shifty but I'm unsure if that'll translate to success in the Big Ten (12). Russell Wilson should help increase the offense productivity to offset a revamped o-line and defense.

trickskier
09-02-2011, 03:01 PM

Good One Jon! :uglyhamme

GT500 MC
09-02-2011, 03:02 PM
It's hard not to look good against UNLV but ol Bucky put a whipping on those boys! The two backs slimmed down a bit and are a little more shifty but I'm unsure if that'll translate to success in the Big Ten (12). Russell Wilson should help increase the offense productivity to offset a revamped o-line and defense.

W looked pretty good. It was odd seeing a fleet-footed QB wearing the red and white though.

02ProstarSammyD
09-02-2011, 03:07 PM
T minus 18 hours til we are tailgating

http://www.blackbeardsballers.com/piratelogo1.jpg

DemolitionMan
09-02-2011, 03:11 PM

These guys...

GT500 MC
09-02-2011, 03:15 PM

Everybody's a Tebow fan...

lanep82
09-02-2011, 03:17 PM
Hook Em Horns!!!!!

Sorry Baylor Bears, but I got my $ on TCU -3.5 tonight!

93Prostar190
09-02-2011, 03:49 PM

I'll be listening .... on my boat radio!

Go Bucks!!!!!!!!!

shepherd
09-02-2011, 10:43 PM
Anybody watching the Baylor - TCU game tonight? Good game, if you don't have money on TCU :o. It ain't over yet, though, but it's looking like an upset.

Good comeback by TCU. Good game!

east tx skier
09-06-2011, 11:32 AM
Anybody watching the Baylor - TCU game tonight? Good game, if you don't have money on TCU :o. It ain't over yet, though, but it's looking like an upset.

Good comeback by TCU. Good game!

Very good and exciting game. Watched the finale in a room full of Baylor fans and one TCU fan.

KnoxX2
09-06-2011, 01:39 PM
Wow first weekend and no posts? What happended to this thread!!!!!! There were some close games that shouldn't have been that close.

BWB-745-
09-06-2011, 02:12 PM
Not surprised by UGA going down to BSU

Wish Aubren would haven't capitalized on that onside kick but I still giggle knowing they are a touchdown underdog at MSU.

Wish Ole Miss would have pulled out a W (parents went there)

LSU v Alabama will be the best game of the season, whoever wins that will play Oklahoma for the BCSCG

LYNRDSKYNRD
09-06-2011, 02:14 PM
Wow first weekend and no posts? What happended to this thread!!!!!! There were some close games that shouldn't have been that close.
Auburn and UTAH STATE....HAHA my youngest son and wife were sweating that one out. As was mentioned earlier in this thread....back to reality this year.

Not much to say for me the TIDE Rolled....I think they played everybody on the roster. We got some seperation in our quarterbacks, no question who will be starting at Penn State. Simms has potential but held onto the ball to long. Defense was scary good:D

RTR!

stuartmcnair
09-06-2011, 03:00 PM
only 77 I got from Kent State was playing defense...

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee188/bamamag/2011%20Football%20Alabama%20vs%20Kent%20State/AlabamavsKentState_139_09-03-11.jpg

DemolitionMan
09-06-2011, 03:14 PM
Not surprised by UGA going down to BSU

Wish Aubren would haven't capitalized on that onside kick but I still giggle knowing they are a touchdown underdog at MSU.

Wish Ole Miss would have pulled out a W (parents went there)

LSU v Alabama will be the best game of the season, whoever wins that will play Oklahoma for the BCSCG

We need a coach that shows emotion, that knows not to run a draw play on 3 and 16!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

DemolitionMan
09-06-2011, 06:37 PM
So what did everyone think about Maryland's state pride uniform's? I think that they look pretty good.

shepherd
09-06-2011, 07:04 PM
So what did everyone think about Maryland's state pride uniform's? I think that they look pretty good.

I saw that and wondered what the heck???

Being from Maryland, I like the flag, not sure about that uniform though. I like the use of the flag better on Raven's uniform.

plunk77
09-06-2011, 07:26 PM
only 77 I got from Kent State was playing defense...

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee188/bamamag/2011%20Football%20Alabama%20vs%20Kent%20State/AlabamavsKentState_139_09-03-11.jpg

yeah i only saw some limited action. And the other 77 is a senior captain and a starter so he played a lot.

i'm only a sophomore though

DemolitionMan
09-06-2011, 07:54 PM
I saw that and wondered what the heck???

Being from Maryland, I like the flag, not sure about that uniform though. I like the use of the flag better on Raven's uniform.

Maryland has a nice looking flag.

GT500 MC
09-07-2011, 10:05 AM
Those Maryland uniforms were awesome! Love something that different. I told my 12-year old son as we were watching the game that Maryland better perform well wearing something like that though--you gotta be good to be that loud...

CantRepeat
09-10-2011, 07:06 PM
Roll Tide!!

thatsmrmastercraft
09-10-2011, 11:38 PM
Anyone watching Notre Dame lose to Michigan?

shepherd
09-11-2011, 12:30 AM
Anyone watching Notre Dame lose to Michigan?

I did! :)

And the Ohio State F*eyes almost got spanked by .... who was that again? :rolleyes:

BTW, I see that 1 year, a new head coach, and a defensive coordinator from the Ravens haven't helped the UM defense much. I guess they ddidn't have much to work with, though.

87MCProstar
09-12-2011, 08:05 AM
Flippin' Irish, they'd be a decent team (I think) if they would stop shooting themselves in the foot with turnovers and penaltys.

BWB-745-
09-12-2011, 10:39 AM
Flippin' Irish, they'd be a decent team (I think) if they would stop shooting themselves in the foot with turnovers and penaltys.

I agree.

I think Kelly is a good coach, he is bringing in good players, give him time.

KnoxX2
09-12-2011, 10:58 AM
I did! :)

And the Ohio State F*eyes almost got spanked by .... who was that again? :rolleyes:

BTW, I see that 1 year, a new head coach, and a defensive coordinator from the Ravens haven't helped the UM defense much. I guess they ddidn't have much to work with, though.

Yep...... That High School team sure did give Ohio Snake a run for there money. :D:D

SkiDog
09-12-2011, 01:06 PM

You would!:D Looks like something off of WWE! About like Georgia's uniform to! that was HORRIBLE!:mad: I think ole Marks seen his better days @ Ga. Him and BOBO best be looking for a new gig.

DemolitionMan
09-12-2011, 02:45 PM
You would!:D Looks like something off of WWE! About like Georgia's uniform to! that was HORRIBLE!:mad: I think ole Marks seen his better days @ Ga. Him and BOBO best be looking for a new gig.

You don't even like UGA so what do you care.:D

BIGBADBLUE
09-12-2011, 03:04 PM
I agree.

I think Kelly is a good coach, he is bringing in good players, give him time.

Are you serious? He is Rich Rod junior. He cares little of defense. Look at his past teams!!

UM is lacking much talent but Kelly got out coached in the 2nd half. He did not adjust to the read option that UM did and Mattison dialed up some blitzes that stopped ND when they had to. Our defense is still bad but coaching helped. We would have lost that game last year as we would not have adjusted our defense at all.

We still got very lucky!! Kelly is not a great coach and will not be successfull long term.

KnoxX2
09-12-2011, 03:18 PM
Very quiet form O H I O side for the house? :rolleyes::rolleyes:8p

BIGBADBLUE
09-12-2011, 04:04 PM
Knox - They must be on the NCAA infractions site to see what is going on with their program :)

DemolitionMan
09-12-2011, 04:17 PM
AD: OSU must answer more questions from NCAA
By RUSTY MILLER, AP Sports Writer – 2 days ago
COLUMBUS, Ohio (AP) — Ohio State must answer several questions from the NCAA before three players suspended for accepting $200 in cash at a charity event are allowed to return to the team.

Athletic Director Gene Smith said Saturday he did not know if the three — starting tailback Jordan Hall, cornerback Travis Howard and backup safety Corey "Pittsburgh" Brown — would be cleared to play at Miami on Sept. 17.

"No, I'm not confident," he told The Associated Press before the 15th-ranked Buckeyes hosted Toledo. "We do have to provide some more information to the NCAA. We'll start that process tomorrow. We've got some meetings tomorrow and Monday, and we'll get them the additional information they want and then go from there."

Ohio State interim coach Luke Fickell said earlier this week the three would be available to play against Toledo. But the university and NCAA issued statements on Friday saying the players had not been reinstated.

Smith said it was all a misunderstanding.

"Luke was just like me. We were both optimistic based upon precedents that they should be reinstated," he said. "But the NCAA felt that they deserved a (longer) penalty. We were surprised. We disagreed with them. But at the end of the day when I listened to them I kind of understood their rationale."

He said the NCAA would provide its questions on Monday about the case involving those three players.

Smith also said he did not believe the latest suspensions will add to the penalties Ohio State will receive for separate NCAA violations stemming from players trading memorabilia for cash and tattoos. That scandal led to several top players being suspended for the first five games this fall, the forced resignation of 10-year coach Jim Tressel and months of investigation and scrutiny of the Buckeyes' athletic program.

"No, it's kind of a separate issue," he said of the case, which the NCAA's committee on infractions heard on Aug. 12. "What we want to do is deal with this issue (involving the latest three suspended players), get it behind us, and move on and finish up the other issues."

Smith said in all of the suspensions, Ohio State and the compliance department were victimized by players who made mistakes on their own.

"We basically had individuals who stepped outside of our system and made individual decisions," he said.

Ohio State anticipates getting its final sanctions from the NCAA sometime this fall, any time from later this month to mid-November.

Smith said he remained troubled by the wild card in the Ohio State-NCAA situation. Due to violations which occurred in the men's basketball program under then-coach Jim O'Brien, the violations earlier this year came when Ohio State was already on NCAA probation.

Many observers have said the NCAA could hand down a postseason bowl ban in addition to Ohio State's self-imposed penalties (vacating the 2010 season, paying back bowl money and going on two years of probation).

"The thing that I've always shared and was a concern of mine (is) that if they did a postseason ban, and I don't think our case merits that," Smith said. "But because we're a repeat violator they can do anything they want."

KnoxX2
09-12-2011, 04:23 PM
Guess that answers the question............

Theres always next year guys!!!!!!

DemolitionMan
09-12-2011, 04:32 PM

KnoxX2
09-12-2011, 04:36 PM
Wow ........:uglyhamme:uglyhamme:headbang:

DemolitionMan
09-12-2011, 04:36 PM
Wow ........:uglyhamme:uglyhamme:headbang:

I thought you would like that.

KnoxX2
09-12-2011, 04:38 PM
Can't wait for Footin or CP to see that.......... It's tough for OSU fans right now.

KnoxX2
09-12-2011, 04:40 PM
How are they still even in the top 25 after that game?

DemolitionMan
09-12-2011, 04:41 PM
Can't wait for Footin or CP to see that.......... It's tough for OSU fans right now.

It's tough for me right now being a Georgia fan, I just have to shake my head.:noface:

Footin
09-12-2011, 07:47 PM

I am still a Buckeye fan, went to the first game and took the family.

We are just in the process of reloading......

GT500 MC
09-12-2011, 08:47 PM
I am still a Buckeye fan, went to the first game and took the family.

We are just in the process of reloading......

Reloading the gun maybe...or should I say the ink gun...

SkiDog
09-12-2011, 09:01 PM
You don't even like UGA so what do you care.:D

Oh I DO like them! My favorite. Where'd you get that I don't like them from?:confused:

ahhudgins
09-12-2011, 10:02 PM
I don’t follow college ball that much, but this was the first year that Logan Thomas got to start at QB for VA Tech. Both of my sons played high school basketball with Logan and he is a great athlete and a terrific kid. Logan played every position in football. I told my boss (who is a football nut) that I couldn’t wait to see Logan run the ball and take on a deep back one on one because he doesn’t run around tackles. My boss said, “College ball is a lot different than high school…”
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KI1pmW8X63A

DemolitionMan
09-12-2011, 11:06 PM
Oh I DO like them! My favorite. Where'd you get that I don't like them from?:confused:

I know in 2007 you did not want them to play for the National Championship.;)

DemolitionMan
09-12-2011, 11:09 PM

That is a good one.

SkiDog
09-13-2011, 03:55 PM
I know in 2007 you did not want them to play for the National Championship.;)

I NEVER said that. Unless I was drunk maybe, but I do not ever remember saying that.:confused:

KnoxX2
09-13-2011, 04:25 PM
Dog you say a lot of things when your drunk.

captain planet
09-17-2011, 07:05 AM

I haven't been around much lately.....but to come back and read this makes me Want to set aside TT board time right now....very funny post

trickskier
09-30-2011, 04:29 PM
GO GATORS!!!

bbymgr
10-01-2011, 11:25 PM
As I watch my Boilers get destroyed by the Irish, I reminisce about the good old days when Purdue competed with everyone because they had great QB's. Then I realize that this Sunday, Purdue will have 3 former QB's starting in the NFL at the same time. I don't think many Universities have done this. To bad one of them aren't at Purdue now.

LYNRDSKYNRD
10-01-2011, 11:57 PM
Wow.........RTR

LYNRDSKYNRD
10-02-2011, 12:00 AM
http://i642.photobucket.com/albums/uu141/zcrebel1/IMAG0274.jpg

CantRepeat
10-02-2011, 06:56 AM
Wow.........RTR

Did they ever!

On a side note, I do hope Florida QB's knee isn't that bad. It look terrible in slow mo.

_fng_
10-02-2011, 09:40 AM
Nebraska wasn't welcomed very kindly into the big ten! The Badger defense looked suspect at first but as the game went on they improved (or Nebraska played like trash).

Russell Wilson looked solid but its weird to see a UW team pass so much (and so well!), hopefully we don't forgot the ground and pound approach that has yielded so much success.

DemolitionMan
10-02-2011, 11:11 AM
Did they ever!

On a side note, I do hope Florida QB's knee isn't that bad. It look terrible in slow mo.

The knee looked nasty. I hate to see people get hurt, especially during there senior season.

Maristar210
10-02-2011, 06:44 PM
I Wolverines won and the Buckeyes lost..... life is good :)