PDA

View Full Version : Official: "Its College Football Season" Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

scott023
10-26-2010, 05:21 PM
Actually the PAC10 has a bunch of very good teams this year with the exception of Wazzu. Top to bottom it is a very tough run this year and everyone is beating up on each other. There isn't a gimme game this year except Wazzu and even they have shown some signs of life, granted small signs. ;)

C'mon now Forrest, only half of the PAC 10 teams have a .500 winning percentage. Stanford and Arizona are good teams, not very good teams. IMO, Oregon is the best team in the country. The rest of the PAC 10 are have runs.

Forrest-X45
10-26-2010, 05:47 PM
Tough time getting some respect for the PAC10.......which is common place with the SEC and Big10 but now we have to work on our friends up north as well???? :rolleyes:

BTW - Oregon sucks - just had to say that because I hate that school. :) USC, UW, Zona, or OSU will beat them to knock them out of the BCS title game.

I would have to say Boise or Auburn are the best teams in the country right now.

CruisinGA
10-26-2010, 07:26 PM
The teams Boise has played have some of the worst defenses in the country.

Being undefeated against crappy competition does not necessarily deserve a title spot.

Maristar210
10-26-2010, 07:50 PM
I watched Michigan State live at Northwestern on Saturday... there is no way on Gods green earth that they are a NC contender. I would be surprised if they win their game vs. Iowa. Even if they do, that is not a great football team. And if Auburn loses to Alabama, leaving no undefeated SEC teams, there is NO WAY that a one loss SEC teams gets into the NC when there are other undefeated teams out there. Just my two cents.

Scott speeeeeks - Sparties = OVERRATED -

scott023
10-26-2010, 07:52 PM

Being undefeated against crappy competition does not necessarily deserve a title spot.

Better research more than just this season... Nebraska didn't want a home and home with Boise for a reason. Just saying.

bbymgr
10-26-2010, 10:44 PM

Very interesting............... let's look closer. http://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/strength-of-schedule-by-team Boise State #48 Georgia Tech #64. Also note that Michigan State is #50 and Ohio State is #51. I think if Boise finishes undefeated, they belong in the title game.

tex
10-26-2010, 11:11 PM
Go Frogs!!!

scott023
10-26-2010, 11:33 PM
Very interesting............... let's look closer. http://www.teamrankings.com/college-football/ranking/strength-of-schedule-by-team Boise State #48 Georgia Tech #64. Also note that Michigan State is #50 and Ohio State is #51. I think if Boise finishes undefeated, they belong in the title game.

My point exactly... there are A LOT of tid bits like this that are in the Broncos favor.

ShamrockIV
10-27-2010, 04:36 PM
I hate to dissappoint you maristar but a one loss SEC team is a better team than any of the "undefeated" teams. I think whoever wins the bama/auburn game will be in the BCS Title game barring a slipup in ATL!

scott023
10-27-2010, 08:56 PM
I hate to dissappoint you maristar but a one loss SEC team is a better team than any of the "undefeated" teams. I think whoever wins the bama/auburn game will be in the BCS Title game barring a slipup in ATL!

Here comes the 'ol SEC is superior speach. :rolleyes:

Let's not forget who plays the game on the field... we see upsets each and every year for a reason... once the players get on the field, it is a level playing surface. The SEC is damn good, but those teams have off days like any other, and those off days could result in a loss to a team from a ''lesser conference''.

CruisinGA
10-27-2010, 09:26 PM
Let's not forget who plays the game on the field... we see upsets each and every year for a reason... once the players get on the field, it is a level playing surface. The SEC is damn good, but those teams have off days like any other, and those off days could result in a loss to a team from a ''lesser conference''.

Everything you said is true, but I thought title games were about the two best teams competing, not staging a potential upset.

D3skier
10-27-2010, 10:20 PM

if that's the case explain to me why the U of U wiped bama's apple in the 2008 bowl game?

scott023
10-27-2010, 10:30 PM
Everything you said is true, but I thought title games were about the two best teams competing, not staging a potential upset.

A team that has 1 Div 1 loss in the last three seasons and returned 22 starters from last seasons undefeated Fiesta Bowl winning team has to be considered one of the nations best, regardless of where they are from and what color of turf they play on.

scott023
10-30-2010, 05:05 PM
Hate to say I told you so, but it sure looks like I was right about Michigan State, doesn't it?

sand2snow22
10-30-2010, 06:17 PM
Yeah, they're not looking to good today. Iowa is killing someone, too. Big game for the Ducks today. All big games here on out.....

scott023
10-30-2010, 09:24 PM
Yeah, they're not looking to good today. Iowa is killing someone, too. Big game for the Ducks today. All big games here on out.....

Iowa destroyed the Spartans and Mizzou look terrible against the Huskers. Down go two more undefeated teams.

Footin
10-30-2010, 09:32 PM
Iowa destroyed the Spartans and Mizzou look terrible against the Huskers. Down go two more undefeated teams.

These losses should move the Buckeyes up a few.

CruisinGA
10-30-2010, 10:06 PM
A team that has 1 Div 1 loss in the last three seasons and returned 22 starters from last seasons undefeated Fiesta Bowl winning team has to be considered one of the nations best, regardless of where they are from and what color of turf they play on.

Geographic location and turf color are irrelevant, but the quality of the teams they are playing is not.

atlfootr
10-30-2010, 11:08 PM
Another GREAT DAY of football!

scott023
10-30-2010, 11:14 PM
Geographic location and turf color are irrelevant, but the quality of the teams they are playing is not.

They haven't lost to a big conerence team for three years...

madmuffin
10-31-2010, 12:53 AM
The SEC "best conference in the country" argument is getting old. Says who? The SEC?? I don't think they're as strong as they pretend to be. I think BSU and/or TCU should get a shot at the national title if they are able to finish perfect. Enough of the consolation prize talk for these teams especially BSU. Did BSU not beat both Virginia Tech (away) and Oregon State? Haven't seen any of the SEC teams sign up to play them especially on the blue turf... ;-)

Exactly why we need a playoff system so those who "think" they are the best and should "always" be in the title game...let them prove it. Tired of the "strength of schedule" trump card that proves nothing and is a perpetual shoe-in for 1 or 2 loss teams from conferences with over-stuffed visions of grandeur.

A level playing field should determine the national champion. Period. All the best teams should get a shot.

Love college football. Loathe the BCS and feel-good bowl games. Computers... Voting... Come on. Let the warriors battle it out. How long do we have to endure this panzy system? Wonder why so many watch the Superbowl? Because the teams playing are the ones left - they beat out the best to earn the right to play for the ring.

sand2snow22
10-31-2010, 01:20 AM
I thought people watch the super bowl for the commercials :)

DemolitionMan
10-31-2010, 02:28 AM
The SEC "best conference in the country" argument is getting old. Says who? The SEC?? I don't think they're as strong as they pretend to be. I think BSU and/or TCU should get a shot at the national title if they are able to finish perfect. Enough of the consolation prize talk for these teams especially BSU. Did BSU not beat both Virginia Tech (away) and Oregon State? Haven't seen any of the SEC teams sign up to play them especially on the blue turf... ;-)

Exactly why we need a playoff system so those who "think" they are the best and should "always" be in the title game...let them prove it. Tired of the "strength of schedule" trump card that proves nothing and is a perpetual shoe-in for 1 or 2 loss teams from conferences with over-stuffed visions of grandeur.

A level playing field should determine the national champion. Period. All the best teams should get a shot.

Love college football. Loathe the BCS and feel-good bowl games. Computers... Voting... Come on. Let the warriors battle it out. How long do we have to endure this panzy system? Wonder why so many watch the Superbowl? Because the teams playing are the ones left - they beat out the best to earn the right to play for the ring.

Georgia played Boise State in 2005. Georgia was ranked 13th BSU was ranked 18th. Georgia 48 BSU 13. BSU finished the season 9-4 7-1 in the WAC. Georgia finished the season 10-3 7-2 in the SEC.

D3skier
10-31-2010, 10:05 AM
I sure hope the U of U steps it up next week against TCU. they didn't look that good against AF yesterday.

scott023
10-31-2010, 10:41 AM
Georgia played Boise State in 2005. Georgia was ranked 13th BSU was ranked 18th. Georgia 48 BSU 13. BSU finished the season 9-4 7-1 in the WAC. Georgia finished the season 10-3 7-2 in the SEC.

Good you pick the ONE season in this decade that BSU had a down year... don't bring up '07 when they beat Big 12 champion Oklahoma...:D

DemolitionMan
10-31-2010, 11:43 AM
Good you pick the ONE season in this decade that BSU had a down year... don't bring up '07 when they beat Big 12 champion Oklahoma...:D

That's the Big 12 champion not the SEC champion.:D

BWB-745-
10-31-2010, 12:13 PM
Alabama caught grief when we scheduled SJSU for not getting tougher out of conference teams. SJSU and BSU are in the same conference along with a bunch of other no name, glorified high school teams.

If BSU wants to play for the national title they need to join a BCS conference.

If they somehow get to play for the national title coming from their joke of a conference I will be outraged. I compare it to little leagues where the losing teams get a trophy too.

tex
10-31-2010, 12:18 PM
Go Frogs!!!!!

scott023
10-31-2010, 02:40 PM
Alabama caught grief when we scheduled SJSU for not getting tougher out of conference teams. SJSU and BSU are in the same conference along with a bunch of other no name, glorified high school teams.

If BSU wants to play for the national title they need to join a BCS conference.

If they somehow get to play for the national title coming from their joke of a conference I will be outraged. I compare it to little leagues where the losing teams get a trophy too.

Wake up and smell the coffee... perhaps if you knew how things worked, your comment may make sense. But, being as a school can't just "join a a BCS conference", your comment is ridiculous. They would need and INVITE to play in a BCS conference.

Have to point out again that BSU hasn't lost to a BCS conference school for three years... so to say that they are a "little league'' team sure shines a light on the quality of teams in your supposed superior BCS conferences.

bbymgr
10-31-2010, 06:31 PM
Wake up and smell the coffee... perhaps if you knew how things worked, your comment may make sense. But, being as a school can't just "join a a BCS conference", your comment is ridiculous. They would need and INVITE to play in a BCS conference.

Have to point out again that BSU hasn't lost to a BCS conference school for three years... so to say that they are a "little league'' team sure shines a light on the quality of teams in your supposed superior BCS conferences.

ZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D One for Scott!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DemolitionMan
11-01-2010, 09:50 AM

They have only played 9 BCS school in 6 years.

scott023
11-01-2010, 10:00 AM
They have only played 9 BCS school in 6 years.

And haven't lost to any of them in three years...

BWB-745-
11-01-2010, 06:43 PM
Why are they not invited?

They turned down a Home-and-Home deal with I believe Nebraska or Ohio State (I will check which one). They refuse to play anyone decent for their out of conference opponents.

Did you even see their game last Tuesday? They looked terrible.

Maybe I just don't find much entertainment in watching a team destroy no talent teams and refuse to play a bigger opponent without asking 800K to do so.

BWB-745-
11-01-2010, 06:58 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/329732-nebraska-offers-boise-state-2-for-1-deal-why-wont-bsu-accept

Nebraska offered and they declined.

It will never happen until they improve their strength of schedule.

I think I have a fair understanding of college football, it just differs from yours. I enjoy arguments/debates about it but in this case BSU will not play for the NC until they play a tough season and prove themselves.

bbymgr
11-01-2010, 08:20 PM

They turned down a Home-and-Home deal with I believe Nebraska or Ohio State (I will check which one). They refuse to play anyone decent for their out of conference opponents.

Maybe I just don't find much entertainment in watching a team destroy no talent teams and refuse to play a bigger opponent without asking 800K to do so.

Nebraska and Ohio State?????? I thought you said a tougher schedule?????:rolleyes:

scott023
11-01-2010, 08:41 PM

NEBRASKA turned down the home and home, not Boise. The Husters paid a crappy team (I won't say who) 800K for a game... the Broncos want 1M for the home and home, Nebraksa turned them down. Why would they pay a lessed team more for 1 game than they would Boise for two???? Hmmmmmmmmmmm. I wonder.

scott023
11-01-2010, 08:43 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/329732-nebraska-offers-boise-state-2-for-1-deal-why-wont-bsu-accept

Nebraska offered and they declined.

It will never happen until they improve their strength of schedule.

I think I have a fair understanding of college football, it just differs from yours. I enjoy arguments/debates about it but in this case BSU will not play for the NC until they play a tough season and prove themselves.

http://voices.idahostatesman.com/2010/09/10/ccripe/nebraska_says_it_didnt_want_pay_boise_states_price _duke_coach_sa

BWB-745-
11-01-2010, 11:53 PM
Nebraska and Ohio State?????? I thought you said a tougher schedule?????:rolleyes:

Pretty sure they are tougher than the WAC

BWB-745-
11-02-2010, 12:03 AM
Scott, again, when they improve their schedule they could improve their chances at having the opportunity to join a BCS conference. Until then I don't see much chance at them having a shot to play for it.

(edited for spelling)

captain planet
11-02-2010, 12:46 PM
Here comes the 'ol SEC is superior speach. :rolleyes:

No kidding. Let me get my earplugs (and black-out glasses in this case:rolleyes:).

Having read all of this it seems funny that when bowl season comes around and you point out how the SEC lost several bowl games, it doesn't get much response. During the season you get the previous 5 pages or so, when bowl season comes around, the praise stops.

If you simply implement an 8 team playoff beginning the week after the conference championships you end up with the top 2 teams which should play in the BCS Championship game. The teams that lost in the playoffs all get picked to play in bowl games as they normally do. If ANYTHING, there is more money generated because there is 6 additional games played on top of what there is now. I don't think ANYBODY can complain about the top 8 teams playing in a playoff to get to the championship game. Heck, even if you just took the top 4 ranked teams and did it that way it would be miles ahead of what we have now.

BTW, Boise State should get to play. And huge KUDOS to their coach for sticking around. I'm sure he has gotten MANY offers to coach from other schools but has stayed at BSU. That is class right there, unlike the jockstrap that left Cincinnati to go to notre lame.

FancySauceRules
11-02-2010, 01:52 PM
Haha, Boise and "Class" mentioned in same sentence? You sir have never been to Boise. Not that there is anything terribly different from their behavior and other NW schools, they just aren't above it at all.

Boise St is one of the top 4 teams for sure and could be the 3nd best team(Duck Alumni here, and Alabama is clearly the best team), but does that qualify them for the National Championship? I don't think so. SOS is a major factor in too many voters minds and obviously the Major component of the computer rankings. We just can't rewrite the rules when its convenient for Boise St. If the BCS wants to rewrite the rules next year, then go for it. If they want a Boise St in the National Championship, then write a criteria for voters. Tell them that the votes should represent who they think is the best team, regardless of schedule strength or wins/losses. But really, that would be terrible. Everyone would want to play in the WAC. Injuries are a killer of many a great team, and it just ain't that tough to stay healthy in the WAC.

scott023
11-02-2010, 02:20 PM

That's kind of the norm in college football... they weren't out of range with the price that was put on the table.

scott023
11-02-2010, 02:24 PM
Haha, Boise and "Class" mentioned in same sentence? You sir have never been to Boise. Not that there is anything terribly different from their behavior and other NW schools, they just aren't above it at all.

Boise St is one of the top 4 teams for sure and could be the 3nd best team(Duck Alumni here, and Alabama is clearly the best team), but does that qualify them for the National Championship? I don't think so. SOS is a major factor in too many voters minds and obviously the Major component of the computer rankings. We just can't rewrite the rules when its convenient for Boise St. If the BCS wants to rewrite the rules next year, then go for it. If they want a Boise St in the National Championship, then write a criteria for voters. Tell them that the votes should represent who they think is the best team, regardless of schedule strength or wins/losses. But really, that would be terrible. Everyone would want to play in the WAC. Injuries are a killer of many a great team, and it just ain't that tough to stay healthy in the WAC.

If Alabama is the best team, why have they lost a game? Are you saying that they are better than South Carolina, who beat the tar out of them? I don't think so.

Also, why isn't it tough to stay healthy in the WAC???? To say that a game played in a different conference by players with similar size and speed is less likely to incur injury seems utterly ridiculous.

captain planet
11-02-2010, 02:50 PM

I haven't been to Boise and I wasn't refering to their fans. I was speaking about their coach. Fans are fans are fans and a portion of them are classless. But I stand behind my comments about the Boise coach and his loyalty to his team.

FancySauceRules
11-02-2010, 02:54 PM
If Alabama is the best team, why have they lost a game? Are you saying that they are better than South Carolina, who beat the tar out of them? I don't think so.

Also, why isn't it tough to stay healthy in the WAC???? To say that a game played in a different conference by players with similar size and speed is less likely to incur injury seems utterly ridiculous.

Alabama is a much better team than South Carolina. It seems that only in college football do people use a loss to definitely solve which team is better. How many games do you think the Miami Heat will lose this year?

Also, yes, it is defiinitely easier to stay healthy in the WAC. Oregon has had a similar schedule to Boise St so far, and we are lucky to be healthy. Our first string has been on the field less than 75% of the season so far. Less time on field = fewer injuries. Get up by 30 and your injury chance drop like a rock!

FancySauceRules
11-02-2010, 02:57 PM
I haven't been to Boise and I wasn't refering to their fans. I was speaking about their coach. Fans are fans are fans and a portion of them are classless. But I stand behind my comments about the Boise coach and his loyalty to his team.

I hear ya on loyalty, but I do think both Boise St fans and coach are classless. They have a long history of coach sponsored cheap shots on opposing teams, but that is my opinion and I am sure you could debate that for hours.

scott023
11-02-2010, 03:40 PM
Alabama is a much better team than South Carolina. It seems that only in college football do people use a loss to definitely solve which team is better. How many games do you think the Miami Heat will lose this year?

Also, yes, it is defiinitely easier to stay healthy in the WAC. Oregon has had a similar schedule to Boise St so far, and we are lucky to be healthy. Our first string has been on the field less than 75% of the season so far. Less time on field = fewer injuries. Get up by 30 and your injury chance drop like a rock!

Comparing a 82 game sched to a 16 game sched is pointless... that and the NBA championship is contested between two teams that had to WIN their way ro the Finals. The same can't be said about NCAA football.

IMO, even if 'Bama is the best team in the nation, their loss takes them out of contention unless every other top 10 team has a loss. If there are two teams in the top 10 with a goose egg in the loss column, those squads should play for the National Championship.

scott023
11-02-2010, 03:43 PM
I hear ya on loyalty, but I do think both Boise St fans and coach are classless. They have a long history of coach sponsored cheap shots on opposing teams, but that is my opinion and I am sure you could debate that for hours.

Class in college football? Where? What's the point in debating a programs class? There isn't a lot of it out there, so seems like a silly arguement. Just my opinion. :D

TX.X-30 fan
11-02-2010, 03:53 PM
When the regional conferences were broken up it became pro ball with all that goes with it.

BWB-745-
11-02-2010, 05:30 PM

Similar size?! They even mentioned how small their D line was during the LA tech game when this exact discussion came up.

Average Alabama Starting Oline: 305

Average BSU Starting Oline: 293

And no way they (BSU) would have their current record if they played a schedule like Alabama has this year. Our 3 of our last 4 opponets are ranked in the top 25 with 6 teams having an off week before they face/faced us.

Chief
11-02-2010, 07:26 PM
Tricky where are you?

FancySauceRules
11-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Class in college football? Where? What's the point in debating a programs class? There isn't a lot of it out there, so seems like a silly arguement. Just my opinion. :D

I agree, thankfully most of the lack of class happens in our cheap seats. I did hear from all of our fans that went to tennessee, that their fans are some of the best in the country. Go Vols!

TX.X-30 fan
11-02-2010, 08:09 PM
I didn't know any cheap seats were still available for semi-pro football. Sadly most families can't take their kids to college football anymore. Its all about the $$$$ now.

Maristar210
11-02-2010, 08:23 PM
I didn't know any cheap seats were still available for semi-pro football. Sadly most families can't take their kids to college football anymore. Its all about the $$$$ now.

Thanks granpa. You still coming to Thanksgiving?

TX.X-30 fan
11-02-2010, 08:39 PM
Thanks granpa. You still coming to Thanksgiving?

Yes, we frying turkeys in the drive??...........:D

scott023
11-02-2010, 10:47 PM
Similar size?! They even mentioned how small their D line was during the LA tech game when this exact discussion came up.

Average Alabama Starting Oline: 305

Average BSU Starting Oline: 293

And no way they (BSU) would have their current record if they played a schedule like Alabama has this year. Our 3 of our last 4 opponets are ranked in the top 25 with 6 teams having an off week before they face/faced us.

That explains it...

what position you play? :D

12lbs isn't going to make or break it on the injury front....

sand2snow22
11-02-2010, 10:56 PM
I agree, thankfully most of the lack of class happens in our cheap seats. I did hear from all of our fans that went to tennessee, that their fans are some of the best in the country. Go Vols!

Ummm, not according to this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSr2usFiF8A

FancySauceRules
11-03-2010, 09:47 AM
Ummm, not according to this guy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSr2usFiF8A

AWESOME!!! That had the whole office rolling on the floor! :D

Maristar210
11-03-2010, 03:12 PM
Yes, we frying turkeys in the drive??...........:D

I shot some ducks last week. shall we stuff the turkey and drink hotdamn while starting the place on fire?

BWB-745-
11-03-2010, 03:27 PM
That explains it...

what position you play? :D

12lbs isn't going to make or break it on the injury front....

The average will not show any one-on-one mismatches, you do realize that right?

scott023
11-03-2010, 03:37 PM
The average will not show any one-on-one mismatches, you do realize that right?

You realize we were talking about the frequency of injuries based on conference play, right?

We can babble on here to no end, but the facts are the facts....

BSU has beat everyone they were supposed to beat, Alabama HAS NOT. Real Champions beat all comers with no excuses. If Boise loses they don't deserve to be mentioned in NC talk either, no different than any other one loss team.

FancySauceRules
11-03-2010, 04:05 PM
You realize we were talking about the frequency of injuries based on conference play, right?

BSU has beat everyone they were supposed to beat, Alabama HAS NOT. Real Champions beat all comers with no excuses. If Boise loses they don't deserve to be mentioned in NC talk either, no different than any other one loss team.

That's a great theory, but the BCS formula is what we all agree to play by before the season starts. The results are the results. It royally screwed Oregon one year, but I think it still makes for the most fun regular season. There is no other sport that holds my attention week in and week out. A playoff would kill that. I don't even pay attention to basketball till march.

DemolitionMan
11-03-2010, 04:21 PM
Every year one team gets left out.

sand2snow22
11-03-2010, 05:08 PM
That's a great theory, but the BCS formula is what we all agree to play by before the season starts. The results are the results. It royally screwed Oregon one year, but I think it still makes for the most fun regular season. There is no other sport that holds my attention week in and week out. A playoff would kill that. I don't even pay attention to basketball till march.

That's b/c Oregon basketball stinks. Go Zags! Playoffs would be best! End of story.

BWB-745-
11-03-2010, 07:16 PM

Yes and since they play easy opponents week after week it greatly reduces the risk of injury because they can sub out their 1's and 2's.

Your refusal to acknowledge the SOS that Boise lacks is what I do not understand. If Alabama had that schedule there would be no way anyone would respect an undefeated record.

FancySauceRules
11-03-2010, 08:20 PM
That's b/c Oregon basketball stinks. Go Zags! Playoffs would be best! End of story.

I saw that one coming when I typed it :D

scott023
11-03-2010, 08:26 PM
Yes and since they play easy opponents week after week it greatly reduces the risk of injury because they can sub out their 1's and 2's.

Your refusal to acknowledge the SOS that Boise lacks is what I do not understand. If Alabama had that schedule there would be no way anyone would respect an undefeated record.

I do agree that their SOS isn't as tough, but like I said, Boise has won the games that they were expected to win. The Gamcock loss was not one that 'Bama was predicted to lose... therefore, IMO, they haven't met expectations.

I've got ZERO against the 'Bama program. They are a damn good team all around. I just think that the 0 loss top ten teams deserve a shot, and Boise has been good for enough consecutive years to justify a shot if they win out the season.

BTW, I am not a Boise fan... :D Seriously.

TX.X-30 fan
11-03-2010, 09:03 PM
Did UT play the BCS championship after the loss to tech................... Nope. My guess is bama will not either.

tex
11-03-2010, 10:20 PM
Fear the Frog!!!!

BWB-745-
11-04-2010, 01:48 PM
Did UT play the BCS championship after the loss to tech................... Nope. My guess is bama will not either.

But Florida did.;)

I think if Bama wins out they have a shot at it, but it all depends on the computer and the pollsters.

And I will be a huge Utah fan this weekend for them to knock off TCU which should help Bama.

stuartmcnair
11-04-2010, 05:22 PM
Bama wins out. They are in. Will jump an undefeated non-AQ team without a problem.

tex
11-04-2010, 05:42 PM
But Florida did.;)

I think if Bama wins out they have a shot at it, but it all depends on the computer and the pollsters.

And I will be a huge Utah fan this weekend for them to knock off TCU which should help Bama.

Fear the Frog!!!!

scott023
11-04-2010, 09:21 PM
Bama wins out. They are in. Will jump an undefeated non-AQ team without a problem.

That hasn't been the case in recent years... better keep praying.

madmuffin
11-05-2010, 12:02 AM
In the News: The Attorney General of Utah met with the Justice Department in what may be a federal investigation into anti-trust violations of the BCS.... :dance:

It's about time.

stuartmcnair
11-05-2010, 12:00 PM
That hasn't been the case in recent years... better keep praying.

Well, that's the business I am in. Family has worked in college football since before I was born. I think I might have an idea how it works.

Alabama wins agains LSU we move to number five. Beat MSU, we move to four. Beat a number one or two AUburn we jump to either two or three. Beat South Carolina in the SECC it erases, in a lot of voters minds, our one loss since it was to them and will be seen as a fluke and we move into a solid two. Playing, most likely, Oregon.

Not an easy road by any stretch but it can be done. The easy road was taken by other schools and that is why they will not be rewarded.

BWB-745-
11-05-2010, 12:10 PM
^^ This guy gets it.

scott023
11-05-2010, 12:33 PM
just throw this out there for all the big conference believers... do any of you remember Butler in the NCAA tournament last year? Not a team many would've picked to play in the Final. They play in the Horizon Conference... how tough is the competition there???? Exactly. The quality of conference opponents does not always indicate the strength of a club, be it basketball, football or soccer.

scott023
11-05-2010, 12:40 PM
Well, that's the business I am in. Family has worked in college football since before I was born. I think I might have an idea how it works.

Alabama wins agains LSU we move to number five. Beat MSU, we move to four. Beat a number one or two AUburn we jump to either two or three. Beat South Carolina in the SECC it erases, in a lot of voters minds, our one loss since it was to them and will be seen as a fluke and we move into a solid two. Playing, most likely, Oregon.

Not an easy road by any stretch but it can be done. The easy road was taken by other schools and that is why they will not be rewarded.

Some schools don't get as much of a choice in their schedule as you seem to think they do. There are umpteen dozen examples of teams from AQ conferences that have beaten Big conference teams... the student athletes are exactly that, no matter what school they got a scholarship from.

Also, no offense intended, but the computers that determine BCS rankings are anything but predictable. No matter what your experience is, your ''idea of how it works'' might not matter when it comes to the final rankings. How often are the guys on TV wrong when it comes to predicting BCS rankings? No

stuartmcnair
11-05-2010, 12:56 PM
just throw this out there for all the big conference believers... do any of you remember Butler in the NCAA tournament last year? Not a team many would've picked to play in the Final. They play in the Horizon Conference... how tough is the competition there???? Exactly. The quality of conference opponents does not always indicate the strength of a club, be it basketball, football or soccer.

And Duke won. Do you think they scheduled cupcakes all year like BSU does? No, so in effect you just made my argument.

sand2snow22
11-05-2010, 12:59 PM

These are my thought, too. A lot of football left. Auburn, Bama, championship..... Oregon can lose.

Since when does a Canadian know anything about AMERICAN Football??? :D You best stick to the Steve Nash's brother and the Vancouver White caps ;)

scott023
11-05-2010, 01:34 PM
And Duke won. Do you think they scheduled cupcakes all year like BSU does? No, so in effect you just made my argument.

Duke, a national powerhouse for two decades, beat them by 2. Did Butler deserve to be in that game? I think so. BUT, they weren't from a Big Conference and didn't play top level teams all season. So, by the many arguements on here, they didn't deserve to play for it. Same thing in football, minus the tourney.

Who says that an AQ school (Utah, Boise, TCU) couldn't roll through a football playoff? We will never know unless they put a playoff in. Just don't think it's fair that AQ schools are brushed off because of the conference they play in...

scott023
11-05-2010, 01:35 PM
These are my thought, too. A lot of football left. Auburn, Bama, championship..... Oregon can lose.

Since when does a Canadian know anything about AMERICAN Football??? :D You best stick to the Steve Nash's brother and the Vancouver White caps ;)

Hey now, you live in the pacific northwest. You're as much Canadian as you are American. :D
Guess that means you don't know squat about football either. ;)

D3skier
11-05-2010, 01:42 PM
In the News: The Attorney General of Utah met with the Justice Department in what may be a federal investigation into anti-trust violations of the BCS.... :dance:

It's about time.

they did this same garbage 2 years ago when Utah went undefeated and got nowhere.... They were the only undefeated team that year and even with Bama crying about having to play Utah then got their butts handed to them on a silver platter it still got them nowhere.

scott023
11-05-2010, 01:45 PM
they did this same garbage 2 years ago when Utah went undefeated and got nowhere.... They were the only undefeated team that year and even with Bama crying about having to play Utah then got their butts handed to them on a silver platter it still got them nowhere.

Hey now, you should know better than to spew this trash. Utah isn't in the SEC, Big 10 or PAC10. They don't deserve to play in the title game because the teams they play all year are rubbish. :rolleyes:

sand2snow22
11-05-2010, 01:45 PM
Hey now, you live in the pacific northwest. You're as much Canadian as you are American. :D
Guess that means you don't know squat about football either. ;)

Oh, believe me, I get it. Phil Knight is the best CEO in college football ;)

scott023
11-05-2010, 01:52 PM
Oh, believe me, I get it. Phil Knight is the best CEO in college football ;)

I like the typical American viewpoint that because someone lives in Canada they don't know anything about football. Like we don't have satellite TV and internet up here to watch the games and follow stats. :rolleyes:

When I went to the Northwestern vs. Michigan State game two weeks ago, a woman we were sitting by asked us "do you guys have football up in Canada?" :confused:

BWB-745-
11-05-2010, 01:55 PM
I like the typical American viewpoint that because someone lives in Canada they don't know anything about football. Like we don't have satellite TV and internet up here to watch the games and follow stats. :rolleyes:

When I went to the Northwestern vs. Michigan State game two weeks ago, a woman we were sitting by asked us "do you guys have football up in Canada?" :confused:

Legitimate question IMO

(kidding):D

sand2snow22
11-05-2010, 01:57 PM
I didn't know the French liked American football :D I thought they liked soccer football?......

scott023
11-05-2010, 01:59 PM
I didn't know the French liked American football :D I thought they liked soccer football?......

Perhaps they do, I wouldn't know. I'm not french and I don't live in eastern Canada. :D

sand2snow22
11-05-2010, 02:03 PM
Who's further east, you or Pram?

scott023
11-05-2010, 02:05 PM
Who's further east, you or Pram?

I am... by about 380 miles.

D3skier
11-05-2010, 03:03 PM
Hey now, you should know better than to spew this trash. Utah isn't in the SEC, Big 10 or PAC10. They don't deserve to play in the title game because the teams they play all year are rubbish. :rolleyes:

so your telling me even though TCU is in the top 5 and PITT was ranked 15th when we played them and Iowa State who is in the big 12 plus we play Notre Dame the following week that Utah plays down to get the good W/L records. Plus you have to also take in consideration Utah was invited to the PAC12 starting next year. So I guess all in all your saying Michigan, Oregon State, Notre Dame, Pitt are all rubbish teams? All in all no NCG this year but they'll be eligible next year for sure

2008 schedule
Date Opponent Time/Result Audio/Video
Sat, Aug 30 at Michigan W 25-23 --
Sat, Sep 6 UNLV W 42-21 --
Sat, Sep 13 at Utah State W 58-10 --
Sat, Sep 20 at Air Force W 30-23 --
Sat, Sep 27 Weber State W 37-21 --
Thu, Oct 2 Oregon State W 31-28 --
Sat, Oct 11 at Wyoming W 40-7 --
Sat, Oct 18 Colorado State W 49-16 --
Sat, Nov 1 at New Mexico W 13-10 --
Thu, Nov 6 (11) TCU W 13-10 --
Sat, Nov 15 at San Diego State W 63-14 --
Sat, Nov 22 (16) Brigham Young W 48-24

scott023
11-05-2010, 03:09 PM
so your telling me even though TCU is in the top 5 and PITT was ranked 15th when we played them and Iowa State who is in the big 12 plus we play Notre Dame the following week that Utah plays down to get the good W/L records. Plus you have to also take in consideration Utah was invited to the PAC12 starting next year. So I guess all in all your saying Michigan, Oregon State, Notre Dame, Pitt are all rubbish teams? All in all no NCG this year but they'll be eligible next year for sure

2008 schedule
Date Opponent Time/Result Audio/Video
Sat, Aug 30 at Michigan W 25-23 --
Sat, Sep 6 UNLV W 42-21 --
Sat, Sep 13 at Utah State W 58-10 --
Sat, Sep 20 at Air Force W 30-23 --
Sat, Sep 27 Weber State W 37-21 --
Thu, Oct 2 Oregon State W 31-28 --
Sat, Oct 11 at Wyoming W 40-7 --
Sat, Oct 18 Colorado State W 49-16 --
Sat, Nov 1 at New Mexico W 13-10 --
Thu, Nov 6 (11) TCU W 13-10 --
Sat, Nov 15 at San Diego State W 63-14 --
Sat, Nov 22 (16) Brigham Young W 48-24

Sorry D3, but I was being sarcastic in my first response to you. I most certainly think that the 'Utes deserve a shot at it if they run the table. I think that TCU, Utah and Boise are all in the same boat... hopefully one of them gets a shot to prove themselves against a big conference squad in the NC.

D3skier
11-05-2010, 03:57 PM
Sorry D3, but I was being sarcastic in my first response to you. I most certainly think that the 'Utes deserve a shot at it if they run the table. I think that TCU, Utah and Boise are all in the same boat... hopefully one of them gets a shot to prove themselves against a big conference squad in the NC.

as much as I'd love to see that happen they've already said because they play in the measly Mountain West conference it won't happen. If Bama runs the tables the rest of the season the media is predicting Bama and Oregon. I'm as much for a playoff season as everyone else is. The Bowl game of 2008 is just a strong showing of what Utah is capable of doing to any team on a solid day. The Utes just flat out played Bama that year and with as strong as the Utes are looking this year could do it again. What I wouldn't do to see that rematch from 08 for the NC game. All 3 teams show that they deserve to be in a higher conference with tougher opponents to show they deserve to be ranked where they are. I know the Utes are going to the PAC 12 but not sure of the other teams. Just wish I could watch the TCU/UTES game this weekend.

scott023
11-05-2010, 04:09 PM
as much as I'd love to see that happen they've already said because they play in the measly Mountain West conference it won't happen. If Bama runs the tables the rest of the season the media is predicting Bama and Oregon. I'm as much for a playoff season as everyone else is. The Bowl game of 2008 is just a strong showing of what Utah is capable of doing to any team on a solid day. The Utes just flat out played Bama that year and with as strong as the Utes are looking this year could do it again. What I wouldn't do to see that rematch from 08 for the NC game. All 3 teams show that they deserve to be in a higher conference with tougher opponents to show they deserve to be ranked where they are. I know the Utes are going to the PAC 12 but not sure of the other teams. Just wish I could watch the TCU/UTES game this weekend.

There has been talk of Boise moving to the Mountain West... there has been an invite anyway. Not sure that move will benefit them in regards to NC contention though.

scott023
11-05-2010, 04:30 PM

http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/14247164/utahsouthern-cal-to-kick-off-first-season-of-pac12-football

D3skier
11-05-2010, 04:54 PM
There has been talk of Boise moving to the Mountain West... there has been an invite anyway. Not sure that move will benefit them in regards to NC contention though.

if they're just moving up to the Mountain West it won't benefit them as far as a NC contention team but will show they are moving up with stronger teams.

tex
11-05-2010, 05:39 PM
Fear the Frog!!!!

D3skier
11-06-2010, 11:13 AM
the frogs are going to fall today!!!

D3skier
11-06-2010, 06:05 PM
uuggh!!!! what an embarrassment for Utah

scott023
11-06-2010, 08:36 PM
Someone answer me this. Who's victory should have more weight in the teams BCS standings?

Auburns win over Chattanooga or BSU win over Hawaii?

scott023
11-06-2010, 08:43 PM
Suppose the 'Bama boosters won't have much to say now? ;)

bbymgr
11-06-2010, 10:08 PM

Now they will talk about how a 2 loss Alabama is more deserving of a NC shot than an undefeated BSU or TCU. :rolleyes:

FancySauceRules
11-06-2010, 11:46 PM

I agree, but it's time to also drop the Boise St talk. ...TCU just ended Boise's season, unless we get more upsets. Actually that it is probably sure to happen.:D

bbymgr
11-07-2010, 07:29 AM
I agree, but it's time to also drop the Boise St talk. ...TCU just ended Boise's season, unless we get more upsets. Actually that it is probably sure to happen.:D

If Oregon, BSU and TCU are all undefeated by the end of the season, then why don't they just look at the one common opponent for all three(Oregon State). See how all 3 teams performed against them and the best 2 get to go to the Championship. Right now, that would put BSU in and not TCU, but we have to wait and see how the Ducks do in the "Civil War".

FancySauceRules
11-07-2010, 10:00 AM
If Oregon, BSU and TCU are all undefeated by the end of the season, then why don't they just look at the one common opponent for all three(Oregon State). See how all 3 teams performed against them and the best 2 get to go to the Championship. Right now, that would put BSU in and not TCU, but we have to wait and see how the Ducks do in the "Civil War".

Judging a team by one W or one L, is usually where college football trolls roam. Oregon State in September was a very different team than they are now or will be in December vs Oregon. Judge a team on the total body of work. That's why TCU just had a huge weekend, much more to judge them on now.

scott023
11-07-2010, 10:06 AM
Judging a team by one W or one L, is usually where college football trolls roam. Oregon State in September was a very different team than they are now or will be in December vs Oregon. Judge a team on the total body of work. That's why TCU just had a huge weekend, much more to judge them on now.

That is the weakest arguement there is. Same roster, same coaching staff... VT was a different team then to, so the argument against BSU is that VT didn't play well. Who's to say that the performance VT put up was because of the opponent they were playing? The same could be said for the BSU vs Oregon State game.

It's really cheap and without basis when fans need to downplay a teams wins based on when they played X team.

TX.X-30 fan
11-07-2010, 10:17 AM
Did bama lose?

atlfootr
11-07-2010, 11:17 AM
No. 5 Alabama Falls to No. 12 LSU, 24-21 (http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/110610aac.html)

The No. 5 Alabama football team lost for only the second time in its past 23 games, dropping a 24-21 decision on the road
to No. 12 LSU on Saturday at Tiger Stadium. Crimson... MORE [+] (http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/recaps/110610aac.html)

TX.X-30 fan
11-07-2010, 11:19 AM
Oops............

FancySauceRules
11-07-2010, 12:03 PM
That is the weakest arguement there is. Same roster, same coaching staff... VT was a different team then to, so the argument against BSU is that VT didn't play well. Who's to say that the performance VT put up was because of the opponent they were playing? The same could be said for the BSU vs Oregon State game.

It's really cheap and without basis when fans need to downplay a teams wins based on when they played X team.

It's not weak at all. And not anti-Boise. It is pro Boise. OSU has zero defense, so it rides on it's O. James Rodgers is out for the season. He took all the heat off of Katz and his brother. So Oregon will play a beat up and lifeless beaver team maybe without even a bowl game at stake for them? I wouldnt compare that to the team TCU and Boise beat.

FancySauceRules
11-07-2010, 12:37 PM
After the Bama loss yesterday, it seems like the real question is who should be in the title game if Oregon or Auburn slips up? Right now I would say TCU, but honestly, its too close to call, sure to be some very upset fans.

If Oregon and Auburn win out, I can't really see a real case for TCU or Boise. Schedule strength just isn't there. SEC is tough, and according to last Sagarin ratings, Pac 10 is the toughest coference(although, not sure I even believe that, but it is surely a tougher road than the WAC or MWC).

I hear people talking about a one loss LSU team making it in without even going to its conference championship game? That truely would be unjust, and maybe really stoke the playoff talk.

tex
11-07-2010, 12:48 PM
the frogs are going to fall today!!!

As I said....Fear the Frog!

trickskier
11-07-2010, 04:41 PM
1. Oregon
2. Auburn
3. TCU
4. Boise State
5. Wisconsin
6. LSU
7. Ohio State
8. Nebraska
9. Stanford
10. Michigan State
11. Oklahoma State
12. Alabama
13. Iowa
14. Arkansas
15. Utah
16. Oklahoma
17. Virginia Tech
18. Mississippi State
19. Arizona
20. Missouri
21. Nevada
22. South Carolina
23. Central Florida
24. Florida
25. Texas A&M

bbymgr
11-07-2010, 05:28 PM

Troll......................now that's funny!!!!! Judging the season on one game is exactly what the BCS Championship game does. The winning team could have one loss on the season ,as well as several other teams, but because they won THAT game they are crowned champs. Although, if you had actually read my post, I said only if the three teams all finished undefeated. Then you would be using that game as a tie breaker. I do believe many other sports look at head to head match ups and or common match ups for tie breakers.

FancySauceRules
11-07-2010, 06:12 PM
Troll......................now that's funny!!!!! Judging the season on one game is exactly what the BCS Championship game does. The winning team could have one loss on the season ,as well as several other teams, but because they won THAT game they are crowned champs. Although, if you had actually read my post, I said only if the three teams all finished undefeated. Then you would be using that game as a tie breaker. I do believe many other sports look at head to head match ups and or common match ups for tie breakers.

Well, maybe I misunderstood you. Luckily we don't need to use the common opponent to decide, we have the BCS, and the formula will decide for us. I don't really see how the BCS is that terrible. I guess if people don't like the results of the formula, it can be changed yet again at the end of the season. Its screwed my team before, and this year, maybe it will and maybe it won't, but I do respect that its the rules we set out with when the season began.

bbymgr
11-07-2010, 10:25 PM
I just read this on Rivals.com. Notice Oregons strength of schedule.

THE BCS: A CLOSER LOOK
Here is the fourth BCS top 5 of the season, with the school, its spot in the Harris poll, its spot in the coaches' poll and its BCS computer average. We've also included the NCAA's schedule strength, which is not part of the BCS formula.

Team Harris Coaches Comp. SOS
1. Oregon 1st 1st 3rd 94th
2. Auburn 2nd 2nd 1st 7th
3. TCU 3rd 3rd 2nd 60th
4. Boise State 4th 4th 5th 70th
5. LSU (10) 6th 6th 4th 4th

Here is the web site to verify that I didn't edit those numbers. http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1149601

FancySauceRules
11-08-2010, 09:23 AM
I just read this on Rivals.com. Notice Oregons strength of schedule.

THE BCS: A CLOSER LOOK
Here is the fourth BCS top 5 of the season, with the school, its spot in the Harris poll, its spot in the coaches' poll and its BCS computer average. We've also included the NCAA's schedule strength, which is not part of the BCS formula.

Team Harris Coaches Comp. SOS
1. Oregon 1st 1st 3rd 94th
2. Auburn 2nd 2nd 1st 7th
3. TCU 3rd 3rd 2nd 60th
4. Boise State 4th 4th 5th 70th
5. LSU (10) 6th 6th 4th 4th

Here is the web site to verify that I didn't edit those numbers. http://collegefootball.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1149601

Yes, that's true now, we all know that. I thought we were talking about who should be in the BCS Championship should we have a bunch of undefeateds at the end of the season. Oregon's schedule is backloaded. If they win out, their SOS will jump Boise for sure.

scott023
11-08-2010, 11:07 AM
Yes, that's true now, we all know that. I thought we were talking about who should be in the BCS Championship should we have a bunch of undefeateds at the end of the season. Oregon's schedule is backloaded. If they win out, their SOS will jump Boise for sure.

Is it? And will it?

FancySauceRules
11-08-2010, 11:54 AM
Is it? And will it?

Our SOS has generally climbed all season. Can't go anywhere but up when you start with New Mexico, hahaha. When we play Arizona that will add to things for sure. OSU and Cal are generally better than the average team that we have played so far, so that should help things as well, but I haven't seen the actual numbers.

I think our computer average is high as the BCS rewards your "signature" win. And that is Stanford, which looks pretty good now.

scott023
11-08-2010, 12:00 PM
So the Ducks and the Tigers have the NC game in hand IF they win out. TCU and Boise have to hope one of those two loses in order to make it to the show. Even though TCU is ahead of BSU right now, the Broncos toughest remaining opponent (#21 Nevada) may give them an edge in the polls come seasons end.

FancySauceRules
11-08-2010, 12:20 PM
So the Ducks and the Tigers have the NC game in hand IF they win out. TCU and Boise have to hope one of those two loses in order to make it to the show. Even though TCU is ahead of BSU right now, the Broncos toughest remaining opponent (#21 Nevada) may give them an edge in the polls come seasons end.

Something tells me there are a bunch more losses coming, and this thing ends up as a big mess. Oregon lost their second string QB on a special teams play, and he is the only other QB that can reasonably run the offense. If Darron Thomas goes down, the run is over.

shepherd
11-09-2010, 10:33 AM
1. Oregon
2. Auburn
3. TCU
4. Boise State
5. Wisconsin
6. LSU
7. Ohio State
8. Nebraska
9. Stanford
10. Michigan State
11. Oklahoma State
12. Alabama
13. Iowa
14. Arkansas
15. Utah
16. Oklahoma
17. Virginia Tech
18. Mississippi State
19. Arizona
20. Missouri
21. Nevada
22. South Carolina
23. Central Florida
24. Florida
25. Texas A&M

Wow, Central Florida ranked higher then Florida? When was the last time that happened?

shepherd
11-09-2010, 10:35 AM
So I guess all in all your saying Michigan, Oregon State, Notre Dame, Pitt are all rubbish teams?

Well, I can vouch for one of those. Michigan is a rubbish team. Gave up 65 points.

BIGBADBLUE
11-09-2010, 11:05 AM
Well, I can vouch for one of those. Michigan is a rubbish team. Gave up 65 points.

... but scored 67 :rolleyes:

Yes, they are a rubish team but boy can they scored points

scott023
11-09-2010, 11:31 AM

They score more than your basketball team is going to this season... 8p

BIGBADBLUE
11-09-2010, 12:11 PM
They score more than your basketball team is going to this season... 8p

Sad, but true

shepherd
11-09-2010, 02:57 PM

But if they had a defense? Even a mediocre defense? Imagine the possibilities... :rolleyes:

BIGBADBLUE
11-09-2010, 03:04 PM
But if they had a defense? Even a mediocre defense? Imagine the possibilities... :rolleyes:

If they could get in the top 60 of defenses they would be a top 10 team. This is the tough part. I do not like rich rod, but boy he does have a good offense.

TX.X-30 fan
11-09-2010, 03:35 PM
Wade Phillips knows defense and is available.

tex
11-09-2010, 08:42 PM
Fear the Frog!!!!!!

bbymgr
11-09-2010, 09:10 PM
Sooooo...................What are you trying to say Tex?:rolleyes:

shepherd
11-09-2010, 10:33 PM
Wade Phillips knows defense and is available.

I was really hoping the Cowboys would hang onto him for a few more years. :D

tex
11-09-2010, 11:09 PM
Sooooo...................What are you trying to say Tex?:rolleyes:

Anybody really want a piece of the Frogs? I doubt it!

TX.X-30 fan
11-10-2010, 07:32 AM
I was really hoping the Cowboys would hang onto him for a few more years. :D

They are welcome to the plastic faced owner too..........:D

trickskier
11-12-2010, 02:16 PM
They are welcome to the plastic faced owner too..........:D

The ONLY other State large enough for his EGO is Alaska - Too bad they don't have an NFL team there!

trickskier
11-13-2010, 07:24 AM
Headed to "THE SWAMP" --- GO GATORS!!!

atlfootr
11-14-2010, 10:28 AM
Headed to "THE SWAMP"
Now THAT was a TOTAL WASTE of good gas! :D

November 13, 2010
USC stomps UF in the Swamp

Associated Press

GAINESVILLE, Fla.(AP)

.http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/882/1020626.jpghttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/spacer1.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/images/spacer1.gif
Steve Spurrier beat Urban Meyer for the 2nd time in six tries and in doing so won the SEC East.

The Ol' Ball Coach notched a huge win at his ol' stomping grounds
After years of being the top Gator, Steve Spurrier led South Carolina to its first division crown in the stadium he nicknamed The Swamp.

Marcus Lattimore ran 40 times for a career-high 212 yards and three touchdowns, Stephen Garcia played turnover-free and the 22nd-ranked Gamecocks upset No. 24 Florida 36-14 Saturday night to clinch the Southeastern Conference's Eastern Division.
The Gamecocks won for the second time in 19 tries against Florida, snapped an 0-for-12 streak in Gainesville and earned a spot in the league title game for the first time. South Carolina (7-3, 5-3 SEC) will play second-ranked Auburn on Dec. 4, with the winner advancing to the Bowl Championship Series.
The Gators (6-4, 4-4) lost to a division opponent for the first time in 17 games, dropped their third consecutive home game and proved they didn't deserve to play for a championship. It's the program's first three-game losing streak at home since 1989.
South Carolina started celebrating after Garcia's 8-yard TD run early in the fourth that put the Gamecocks ahead 29-7. Players and fans got even more raucous after Lattimore's 11-yard scoring run with 2:43 remaining.
Players doused Spurrier with - what else? - Gatorade with 1:01 remaining. Spurrier spent the final few seconds with cameras in his face, then got carried to midfield on players' shoulders.
Spurrier's Florida teams went 63-5 in Gainesville.

He had plenty of important wins along the way - Kentucky in 1991, Florida State in 1991 and 1995, South Carolina in 2000 - but only that one against the Wildcats clinched a title.

So this one certainly will stand out. It's one Florida won't forget, either.
Andre Debose returned the opening kickoff 99 yards for a touchdown, but it was one of the few highlights the Gators could muster in a game that will go down as one of the worst in school history - even more painful than anything in the Ron Zook era.
Spurrier may have even been embarrassed for his alma mater, the school he developed into a college football powerhouse during his 12 season as coach.
The first quarter was all anyone needed to watch to see how the game would unfold: The Gators ran 18 plays for 51 yards, failed to convert a third down, punted five times and had five penalties.
The Gamecocks had to settle for three field goals from Spencer Lanning, who hit from 49, 47 and 41 yards. He also banged an extra point off the left upright following Lattimore's 7-yard touchdown run in the first quarter.
There was little else South Carolina did wrong.
Garcia had his first turnover-free game since late September. He completed 15 of 22 passes for 156 yards. He added 28 yards on the ground.
Lattimore, the league's second-leading rushing behind Auburn quarterback Cam Newton, demoralized Florida with every carry. He ran 21 times for 83 yards in the first half, then added a backbreaking, 21-yard TD run to cap South Carolina's opening drive of the second half.
Alshon Jeffrey, the SEC's leading receiver, came up with several key third-down receptions and was Garcia's safety valve. Jeffrey caught six passes for 53 yards.
South Carolina finished with 395 yards, 169 more than Florida.
The Gators were downright pathetic all night. Meyer called for a ``blue out,'' asking fans to wear head-to-toe blue to match the team's all-blue uniforms. But after Debose's crowd-pleasing kickoff return, the rest of the night was more of a ``boo out.''
It looked little like the Gators who beat Georgia and Vanderbilt the last two weeks. Florida's three-headed quarterback system - the one nicknamed ``Threebow'' because it took three guys to do everything Tim Tebow did so well the last three years - was mostly ineffective.
John Brantley took most of the snaps and completed 16 of 31 passes for 130 yards, with an interception. Trey Burton and Jordan Reed played sparingly. Reed threw a 26-yard TD pass to Chris Rainey late, but was stopped short on a fourth-down run near midfield earlier.
Even after a lackluster first half and time to regroup in the locker room, the Gators were inept. They had just 16 yards in the third quarter.
Maybe the most telling play of Florida's problems came on the first drive of the second half. Brantley, who has clearly been a misfit in the spread option, had a pass tipped at the line of scrimmage.

The ball sailed backward and toward Brantley. Instead of batting it to the ground, Brantley caught it for a 10-yard loss.

trickskier
11-14-2010, 10:33 AM
Now THAT was a TOTAL WASTE of good gas! :D:D

Sure was - But we had a great time tailgating!!! :D

Glad to see you Noles enjoy watching the Gators lose more than the Noles winning --- 62902

atlfootr
11-14-2010, 10:41 AM
Yeah, the 'TAILGATEN'S the best part!

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQgYw26L_0AVtHOXWO4-r8_pPpzcTr7dvT7rIhQkEiEzqgO9tgm (http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.gatortailgating.com/files/imagecache/feature_450/Mike/2010/04/jello.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.gatortailgating.com/content/eight-tips-get-your-girl-excited-about-tailgating&usg=__6b-rvWAsv5mgt7aBs0lNZ96kpes=&h=277&w=450&sz=28&hl=en&start=0&zoom=1&tbnid=JHNO75j7tSpGTM:&tbnh=97&tbnw=157&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dgator%2Bgirls%2Btailgating%2Bpictures %26hl%3Den%26safe%3Dactive%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-US:official%26biw%3D835%26bih%3D358%26gbv%3D2%26tb s%3Disch:1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=104&vpy=91&dur=102&hovh=176&hovw=286&tx=168&ty=147&ei=rwbgTPeoI4KB8gbXsrW4Dw&oei=uQXgTJ3qD4Kdlgel14iODQ&esq=12&page=1&ndsp=8&ved=1t:429,r:4,s:0)

Glad to see you Noles enjoy watching the Gators lose more than the Noles winning ---
What's even better is when WE NOLES BEAT the GATORS 11/27
:D8p

trickskier
11-14-2010, 10:47 AM
Yeah, the 'TAILGATEN'S the best part!

What's even better is when WE NOLES BEAT the GATORS 11/27
:D8p

Two words - WIDE RIGHT -- ;):rolleyes:

03 35th Anniversary
11-14-2010, 11:54 AM
Good Day For Texas Collage Football Yesterday!

OSU Beat the piss out of the Longhorns! 33 to 16!

Texas A&M Beat Baylor 42 to 30!!!

east tx skier
11-15-2010, 11:55 AM
Good Day For Texas Collage Football Yesterday!

OSU Beat the piss out of the Longhorns! 33 to 16!

Texas A&M Beat Baylor 42 to 30!!!

The best thing about losing to Oklahoma State on Saturday was that it would have really helped the aggies had we won.

I was really hoping Baylor could pull out a win against you guys.

Willski
11-15-2010, 03:25 PM
I can't believe my ILLINI lost to Minnesota...Wow...thank god basketball season has started..

ILLINI vs. Texas on Thursday!

scott023
11-15-2010, 03:52 PM
I can't believe my ILLINI lost to Minnesota...Wow...thank god basketball season has started..

ILLINI vs. Texas on Thursday!

You mean to tell us that Minnesota won a game??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Willski
11-15-2010, 06:57 PM
Yep...somebody had to let them win I guess. They had won a game earlier, but this was their first conference win.

thatsmrmastercraft
11-15-2010, 09:30 PM
You mean to tell us that Minnesota won a game??? :eek: :eek: :eek:

Getting rid of a ineffective coach can do wonders. First the Gophers, then the Cowboys, next the Vikings???? I know, wish in one hand and crap in the other and see which hand gets filled first.

atlfootr
11-21-2010, 08:29 AM
Fear the Frog!!!!!!After last night WIN against Maryland 30-16, it's more like
Fear The Spear!!!!!!
http://www.seminoles.com/allaccess/index.html
http://www.seminoles.com/sports/m-footbl/fsu-m-footbl-body.html
WATCH OUT TRICKY. YOU AND YOUR GATORS R NEXT! :D :D :D :D
We're heading to the ACC CHAMPIONSHIPS !

11/27/10 FSU vs. Florida Tallahassee, Fla.

DooSPX
11-21-2010, 10:35 AM
Just a question, was anyone from here at The Swamp for the game yesterday against ASU? I was there, just wondering if anyone else was... Trick?

trickskier
11-22-2010, 11:14 AM
Just a question, was anyone from here at The Swamp for the game yesterday against ASU? I was there, just wondering if anyone else was... Trick?

No - I was there last weekend for the SC rout --- 8p

trickskier
11-22-2010, 11:15 AM
After last night WIN against Maryland 30-16, it's more like
Fear The Spear!!!!!!
http://www.seminoles.com/allaccess/index.html
http://www.seminoles.com/sports/m-footbl/fsu-m-footbl-body.html
WATCH OUT TRICKY. YOU AND YOUR GATORS R NEXT! :D :D :D
We're heading to the ACC CHAMPIONSHIPS !

11/27/10 FSU vs. Florida Tallahassee, Fla.

Good seeing you last week --- Have fun at the game --- GO GATORS!!! :D

DooSPX
11-22-2010, 10:29 PM
Go Gators!!!!!!!!!!!:D:D

scott023
11-26-2010, 12:01 PM
For the first time ever, I am hoping for a Crimson Tide victory today. :D

scott023
11-26-2010, 03:21 PM
Auburn exposed? 21-0 first quarter.

DemolitionMan
11-26-2010, 05:22 PM
Do you think that Scott hates the SEC?

Maristar210
11-27-2010, 01:01 AM
Boise State is not in the top twenty, let alone the top 5. Iowa would kick their a ss five days out of six. Boise state? GO HOME YOU SUCK

sand2snow22
11-27-2010, 01:43 AM
Wide right....

sand2snow22
11-27-2010, 01:54 AM
Wide left now????

Maristar210
11-27-2010, 01:56 AM
All the Boise people need to go into the hole. Nevada just kicked your a SS

sand2snow22
11-27-2010, 01:59 AM
TCU plays 1-10 New Mexico......

scott023
11-27-2010, 08:27 AM
Funny for a Michigan fan to be beaking a one loss team... :confused::D

bbymgr
11-27-2010, 11:31 AM
Funny for a Michigan fan to be beaking a one loss team... :confused::D

He had to say Iowa. He would cut his wrists before he said Ohio State.:D

tex
11-27-2010, 08:06 PM
TCU plays 1-10 New Mexico......

Fear the Frog!!!

bbymgr
11-27-2010, 10:09 PM
Boise State is not in the top twenty, let alone the top 5. Iowa would kick their a ss five days out of six. Boise state? GO HOME YOU SUCK

Today's score makes this all the more funny!!! Iowa couldn't even beat Minnesota. No offense to any Gopher fans out there, but you have to know the your team is down this year. They even lost to my Boilers, and Purdue is horrible this year.

atlfootr
12-01-2010, 07:04 AM
Fear The Spear!!!!!!
WATCH OUT TRICKY. YOU AND YOUR GATORS R NEXT! :D :D :D :D
We're heading to the ACC CHAMPIONSHIPS ! ...........................

atlfootr
12-01-2010, 07:08 AM
Another WIN, on the board!
Best feeling again ALL year, beating Trick's favorite football team :D
http://www.seminoles.com/view.gal?id=82225

Another WIN, ACC on Saturday.

Next Event
http://graphics.collegesports.com/graphics/teams/team-logo-fsu.gif
vs.
http://graphics.collegesports.com/graphics/teams/team-logo-vtec.gif
Virginia Tech

(Dr. Pepper ACC Championship)

Day: Saturday
Date: Dec. 4, 2010
Time: 7:45 p.m. ET

Coverage
TV: ABC or ESPN
Radio: Seminole ISP Sports Network http://graphics.fansonly.com/graphics/teams/icons/media-icon-gt-90x20-off.gif (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:window.open%28%27http://seminoles.cstv.com/gametracker/launch/?event=881408&school=fsu&sport=mfootbl&%27,%27GameTrackerv3%27,%27toolbar=no,resizeable=n o,scrollbars=no,width=976,height=700%27%29;%20void %280%29;)

captain planet
12-01-2010, 12:20 PM

The one time I'm glad to see the crimi-noles win is when they play southern michigan. :D

Hi Tricky! :wavey:

FancySauceRules
12-01-2010, 01:59 PM
This has had me laughing all day(hopefully the Texas fans on here have a good sense of humor):

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/77872-Calling-Dr.-Kevorkian-Texas-Longhorns-Season-Review-In-MS-Paint

The "Murderer's Row" slide is priceless!

captain planet
12-01-2010, 02:23 PM
This has had me laughing all day(hopefully the Texas fans on here have a good sense of humor):

http://www.shaggybevo.com/board/showthread.php/77872-Calling-Dr.-Kevorkian-Texas-Longhorns-Season-Review-In-MS-Paint

The "Murderer's Row" slide is priceless!

I have much respect for the Big 12....but that right there is some funny shtuff. :D

captain planet
12-01-2010, 02:25 PM
Any other Buckeyes fans blow their cork on that friggin holding call on Sanzenbacher during the 98 yard run by Boom? I know you will find this hard to believe, but I couldn't contain myself on that crap call.

scott023
12-01-2010, 02:31 PM
Any other Buckeyes fans blow their cork on that friggin holding call on Sanzenbacher during the 98 yard run by Boom? I know you will find this hard to believe, but I couldn't contain myself on that crap call.

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

trickskier
12-03-2010, 04:40 PM
The one time I'm glad to see the crimi-noles win is when they play southern michigan. :D

Hi Tricky! :wavey:

YO - CP! 8p

atlfootr
12-04-2010, 08:54 AM
Hey Trick ... you must of got my call 8p
I was gett'n worried about you :D

http://cdn1.sbnation.com/fan_shot_images/162504/ponder-gator-chomp-o.gif

atlfootr
12-04-2010, 08:58 AM
BTW, these two were look'n for you at the game last Saturday!

blackcreek
12-04-2010, 09:23 AM
http://www.frontrowking.com/college%20basketball/University%20of%20South%20Carolina/south_83.jpg
My prediction today...Carolina 20 - Auburn 17

trickskier
12-04-2010, 09:35 AM
http://www.frontrowking.com/college%20basketball/University%20of%20South%20Carolina/south_83.jpg

Hope you're right!!!

trickskier
12-04-2010, 09:36 AM
BTW, these two were look'n for you at the game last Saturday!

They found my son instead --- ;):D

bbymgr
12-04-2010, 10:58 AM
They found my son instead --- ;):D

C'mon Trick............one for you and one for him.

atlfootr
12-04-2010, 07:33 PM
Biggest Game This Year ... Tonite!

atlfootr
12-04-2010, 07:36 PM
Another WIN, ACC Saturday Night!

vs.
Virginia Tech

Coverage
TV: ESPN
Radio: Seminole ISP Sports Network http://graphics.fansonly.com/graphics/teams/icons/media-icon-gt-90x20-off.gif (http://javascript%3Cb%3E%3C/b%3E:window.open%28%27http://seminoles.cstv.com/gametracker/launch/?event=881408&school=fsu&sport=mfootbl&%27,%27GameTrackerv3%27,%27toolbar=no,resizeable=n o,scrollbars=no,width=976,height=700%27%29;%20void %280%29;)

DemolitionMan
12-04-2010, 09:48 PM

You missed your prediction by a couple of points.

blackcreek
12-05-2010, 08:28 AM
I knew it was over at halftime when Auburn hit the hail Mary. This was the year of two Gamecock teams, there was the team that beat Alabama and Florida. Then there was the team that lost to Kentucky and Arkansas. I was hoping the winning team would show up...guess not. I went to the Arkansas/ USC game for my 30 year college reunion and it was painful to watch, same team showed up yesterday.

scott023
12-06-2010, 10:51 AM

vs.
Virginia Tech

Coverage

Predictable result in this game...

trickskier
12-06-2010, 05:37 PM

vs.
Virginia Tech

Coverage

Predictable result in this game...

I disagree - FSU played well this year. Had Ponder started I feel sure the Noles would have more competitive.

scott023
12-07-2010, 01:01 PM
I disagree - FSU played well this year. Had Ponder started I feel sure the Noles would have more competitive.

The Noles may have played well this year, but the Hookies were clearly the better team on paper, and they showed it on the field.

captain planet
12-08-2010, 08:32 AM
Meatchicken is going to the Gator Bowl?! It kind of makes me feel dirty to pull for an sec team....but it is meatchicken. Michigan St will get beat by 30 by bama.

trickskier
12-08-2010, 08:47 AM
Meatchicken is going to the Gator Bowl?! It kind of makes me feel dirty to pull for an sec team....but it is meatchicken. Michigan St will get beat by 30 by bama.

Looking forward to all those yankees come down and help the Florida economy --- :D

DemolitionMan
12-08-2010, 08:54 AM
Looking forward to all those yankees come down and help the Florida economy --- :D

You get to beat them and take there money.:D

Maristar210
12-08-2010, 01:15 PM
I am coming down Ric. Tell the dog to move over.

sand2snow22
12-08-2010, 01:58 PM
They had the Auburn writer on the local radio show. Said they could go down as the best college football team ever? Hmmm......He also said he hasn't covered college football for very long :)

Slinkyredfoot
12-08-2010, 02:35 PM
Just heard on local sports radio Urban Meyer resigning.

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ap-apnewsalert

sand2snow22
12-08-2010, 02:37 PM
Just heard on local sports radio Urban Meyer resigning.

http://sports.yahoo.com/top/news?slug=ap-apnewsalert

Again? Hasn't he pulled this before? His team responded with a bowl win.....

Slinkyredfoot
12-08-2010, 02:39 PM
Pure speculation at this point but what I am hearing is personal reasons again

trickskier
12-08-2010, 04:48 PM

Call me when you get into town - I'll buy you beer :toast:

trickskier
12-08-2010, 04:50 PM
Pure speculation at this point but what I am hearing is personal reasons again

No longer speculation - News conference at 6pm.

captain planet
12-08-2010, 06:29 PM
No longer speculation - News conference at 6pm.

So.....if florida offers Saban 6.1 million, do you think he will come over?

sand2snow22
12-08-2010, 07:02 PM
Yes, I think the OR coach got a $4 million bonus for going 12-0. Due to him in 10 years, though???/

TX.X-30 fan
12-08-2010, 08:44 PM
14 programs actually made money, the others average input from general revenue was 10 million. When is it going to be about higher education and not about jock-sniffing alums??

trickskier
12-08-2010, 10:37 PM
So.....if florida offers Saban 6.1 million, do you think he will come over?

I sure HOPE NOT!!!

trickskier
12-08-2010, 10:38 PM
14 programs actually made money, the others average input from general revenue was 10 million. When is it going to be about higher education and not about jock-sniffing alums??

You and I both know the "REAL" answer!!! ;)

DemolitionMan
12-08-2010, 10:40 PM
Urban is going to Denver so he can be reunited with Timmy.:D

trickskier
12-08-2010, 10:43 PM
Urban is going to Denver so he can be reunited with Timmy.:D

Didn't work for Spurrier & Wuerffel won't work for Urban & Tebow either --- 8p

SkiDog
12-08-2010, 11:02 PM
Call me when you get into town - I'll buy you beer :toast:

Ya'll better call me too damnit!:D

SkiDog
12-08-2010, 11:03 PM

When are you headed this way?

Maristar210
12-09-2010, 10:39 AM
Trying to get some tickets thru a connection to come see Michigan play Jan 1. We shall see if it pans out...

Maristar210
12-09-2010, 10:40 AM
BTW -

I applaud Urban Meyer for doing what he did. Too bad for him it took him 46 years to realize his family is his most prized asset. Enjoy it coach !!

east tx skier
12-09-2010, 02:48 PM
I hear Greg Davis may be interested in that HC job. :)

captain planet
12-09-2010, 06:54 PM
Trying to get some tickets thru a connection to come see Michigan play Jan 1. We shall see if it pans out...

You are going to travel all the way to Florida to see them lose? :D

TX.X-30 fan
12-09-2010, 07:06 PM
Ouch......

trickskier
12-11-2010, 08:18 AM

Let me know if you make it down. I'll give you some tips on good local establishments. ;)

tex
12-11-2010, 11:02 AM
Who ya got...Army/Navy?

captain planet
12-15-2010, 01:07 PM
Who ya got...Army/Navy?

Did anybody even watch that game?

captain planet
12-15-2010, 02:04 PM
Cam Newton, Heisman Trophy Winner*

The best college player money could buy.

GO DUCKS!!!!

trickskier
12-15-2010, 05:14 PM
Cam Newton, Heisman Trophy Winner*

The best college player money could buy.

AMEN!!! 8p

trickskier
12-15-2010, 05:18 PM

Any luck on getting tickets?

Maristar210
12-15-2010, 06:31 PM
Any luck on getting tickets?

Not gonna happen. $600 a seat? I don't want to go near that bad. Guess I'll freeze my *** off until April.....:(

trickskier
12-15-2010, 06:41 PM
Not gonna happen. $600 a seat? I don't want to go near that bad. Guess I'll freeze my *** off until April.....:(

Somebody doesn't like you! I just went to the Gator Bowl web site and found 2 Club Level seats for $135 each 30-40 yard line. Other tickets avalible for around $60.

DemolitionMan
12-15-2010, 08:16 PM

That seams very high for the gator bowl.

captain planet
12-16-2010, 10:59 AM
AMEN!!! 8p

Tricky......did........did we just agree on something college football related? Man, I'm off to buy a lottery ticket! 8p

tex
12-16-2010, 07:43 PM
Did anybody even watch that game?

Roger!!!!!

trickskier
12-20-2010, 05:40 PM
Tricky......did........did we just agree on something college football related? Man, I'm off to buy a lottery ticket! 8p

Did you WIN???

Maristar210
12-22-2010, 11:27 PM
Well it appears the F UCKeyes are in trouble. It could not happen to a bigger pile of crap people. I hate the buckeyes. I piss on the ground in Ohio every time I have to pass through that sh ithole state. I just cut a guy off in traffic who had a buckeye bumper sticker, rolled down the window ad flipped him the bird as well. Douchebag was clueless like all f uckeye fans ....WHAT?? UMMM??? AHAHHHH???? UMMM???

GO BLUE !!!!

http://www.arkansassports360.com/22760/reports-ohio-state-investigating-compliance-issue-involving-football

tex
12-22-2010, 11:30 PM
Fear the Frog!

DemolitionMan
12-22-2010, 11:30 PM
Well it appears the F UCKeyes are in trouble. It could not happen to a bigger pile of crap people. I hate the buckeyes. I piss on the ground in Ohio every time I have to pass through that sh ithole state. I just cut a guy off in traffic who had a buckeye bumper sticker, rolled down the window ad flipped him the bird as well. Douchebag was clueless like all f uckeye fans ....WHAT?? UMMM??? AHAHHHH???? UMMM???

GO BLUE !!!!

http://www.arkansassports360.com/22760/reports-ohio-state-investigating-compliance-issue-involving-football

Trading Tattoos for merchandise. classy.

Maristar210
12-22-2010, 11:50 PM
Smart so. Yo. Juno what weez like yo. Sixk something abby, taste beard me up. I sweet on yur plays nothing like fan face sumbot leek hot mish took hottttttttt

captain planet
12-23-2010, 07:41 AM

GO BLUE !!!!

Yawn....is that all you got this morning Steve? I have much bigger fish to fry at this particular moment.

Double D
12-23-2010, 08:28 AM

GO BLUE !!!!

Therapy maybe??? :rolleyes:

shepherd
12-23-2010, 08:50 AM
I hate the buckeyes. I piss on the ground in Ohio every time I have to pass through that sh ithole state. I just cut a guy off in traffic who had a buckeye bumper sticker, rolled down the window ad flipped him the bird as well. Douchebag was clueless like all f uckeye fans ....WHAT?? UMMM??? AHAHHHH???? UMMM???

GO BLUE !!!!

Classic! :uglyhamme

BIGBADBLUE
12-23-2010, 09:18 AM

GO BLUE !!!!

Now this an outstanding post. One of the best I have read in a long time.

Go Blue!!!!

scott023
12-23-2010, 01:17 PM
http://www.cbssports.com/collegefootball/story/14477254/pryor-four-other-buckeyes-suspended-first-five-games-of-2011

Why weren't they suspended for the bowl game??? What a joke that is. :mad:

BIGBADBLUE
12-23-2010, 01:39 PM
So ... if they were ineligable as the report states, it begs a question. Why would OSU not vacate all their wins this year? The public answer - because OSU did not explain it well enough to the students. The REAL answer - because this is OSU and the Sugar bowl was throwing a fit!!!

The NCAA is a mess.

Maristar210
12-23-2010, 01:44 PM
I wonder what Terrel Pryor is thinking about his senior year ..... NOW?????

My guess is he bails for the NFL and then he can follow Ted "stone hands" Ginn in a disappointing 4 year career

BIGBADBLUE
12-23-2010, 01:48 PM
Pryor Tweeted this morning that he paid for all his tatoo's .... guess not.

captain planet
12-23-2010, 02:19 PM
I wonder what Terrel Pryor is thinking about his senior year ..... NOW?????

My guess is he bails for the NFL and then he can follow Ted "stone hands" Ginn in a disappointing 4 year career

Pryor Tweeted this morning that he paid for all his tatoo's .... guess not.

So they get to sit out against Akron, Toledo, Miami Fl., Colorado, and Michigan State. I'm a little worried about the Michigan State game and less about the Miami game. The question is, do you guys get freightened when you see TOLEDO on that list? 8p

captain planet
12-23-2010, 02:27 PM
So ... if they were ineligable as the report states, it begs a question. Why would OSU not vacate all their wins this year? The public answer - because OSU did not explain it well enough to the students. The REAL answer - because this is OSU and the Sugar bowl was throwing a fit!!!The NCAA is a mess.

I'm sure the NCAA was throwing a fit as well, without those players, the game becomes less interesting and would therefore be less profitable. You are right, the NCAA is a mess. They can make millions....but don't you dare sign autographs for tattoos, you need to pay for them!...and don't you dare sell those awards! Well, then don't award physical/tangible items for awards. How silly.

I have a question....the tattoo shop that supposedly turned them in...how much business do you think they are going to get once people find out who they are? Better yet, do you think they will have any windows left in the building? :rolleyes:

BIGBADBLUE
12-23-2010, 03:39 PM
I'm sure the NCAA was throwing a fit as well, without those players, the game becomes less interesting and would therefore be less profitable. You are right, the NCAA is a mess. They can make millions....but don't you dare sign autographs for tattoos, you need to pay for them!...and don't you dare sell those awards! Well, then don't award physical/tangible items for awards. How silly.

I have a question....the tattoo shop that supposedly turned them in...how much business do you think they are going to get once people find out who they are? Better yet, do you think they will have any windows left in the building? :rolleyes:

That shop should fold now as they will not get any business in Ohio!!!

Maristar210
12-23-2010, 06:36 PM
CP,

Seriously if you were TP wouldn't you consider leaving instead of missing nearly half the season? I know I sure as hell would. Curious as to what your thinking?

And.... Michigan played a girls junior college field hockey team in flag football over the Thanksgving break and they won 54-51.... :o

DemolitionMan
12-23-2010, 06:40 PM
Stay Classy Ohio State.:D

shepherd
12-23-2010, 07:32 PM
And.... Michigan played a girls junior college field hockey team in flag football over the Thanksgving break and they won 54-51.... :o

I bet the Michigan defense really had to dig deep to maintain that lead. :D

trickskier
12-24-2010, 07:57 AM
That shop should fold now as they will not get any business in Ohio!!!

Rumor has it that they're moving to Michigan --- :D;):rolleyes:

BIGBADBLUE
12-24-2010, 08:53 AM
Rumor has it that they're moving to Michigan --- :D;):rolleyes:

They would probably do great in MI!!! :)

captain planet
12-24-2010, 03:04 PM
CP,

Seriously if you were TP wouldn't you consider leaving instead of missing nearly half the season? I know I sure as hell would. Curious as to what your thinking?

I guess he is looking at it and is considering it. I would think it would depend on where they say he would go in the draft. Would staying for another season, even shortened by suspension, boost his draft status therefore getting him more money? That will answer the question as most decisions like this are money based.

I am a little different whereas I would stay because if I were in his shoes I would see it as a privlidge to play for OSU.....and, no offense, I would want to beat meatchichens *** again. I'm sure a lot of guys there see it as a launch pad for big money. How I see it if I were him and how I see it if I were in his shoes are two different questions.

BIGBADBLUE
12-24-2010, 03:49 PM
I guess he is looking at it and is considering it. I would think it would depend on where they say he would go in the draft. Would staying for another season, even shortened by suspension, boost his draft status therefore getting him more money? That will answer the question as most decisions like this are money based.

I am a little different whereas I would stay because if I were in his shoes I would see it as a privlidge to play for OSU.....and, no offense, I would want to beat meatchichens *** again. I'm sure a lot of guys there see it as a launch pad for big money. How I see it if I were him and how I see it if I were in his shoes are two different questions.

No doubt Pryor should stay. He is not even close to being ready, but 5 games will certainly make him think.

Footin
12-24-2010, 06:03 PM
I think it will be shortened to 2 or 3 games.

Forrest-X45
12-31-2010, 01:02 PM
Good day to be a Washington Husky fan!! It wasn't the prettiest game but a win is a win and over a ranked team.
Nebraska was a better team on paper but they were throughly outplayed and manhandled in all aspects of the game by U-Dub.

Great job Huskies!!!

atlfootr
12-31-2010, 11:17 PM
FSU http://dsobiera.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/chick-fil-a-bowl.jpgChamps!
2 0 1 0
http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=63603&stc=1&d=1293857273http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=63604&stc=1&d=1293857286http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/attachment.php?attachmentid=63605&stc=1&d=1293857368

ShamrockIV
12-31-2010, 11:50 PM
Really ??? SEC 0-3 so far???? too many bowls

trickskier
01-02-2011, 08:35 AM
Really ??? SEC 0-3 so far???? too many bowls

Now 3 & 3 --- Bad day for the Big 10 (11 soon to be 12) Ohio Snake going to go down to Arkansas!!! :D

captain planet
01-02-2011, 09:04 AM
Now 3 & 3 --- Bad day for the Big 10 (11 soon to be 12) Ohio Snake going to go down to Arkansas!!! :D

Don't hold your breath. ;)

trickskier
01-02-2011, 09:13 AM
Don't hold your breath. ;)

No need to --- :D