PDA

View Full Version : Official: "Its College Football Season" Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

scott023
01-01-2010, 02:29 PM
Who did you pick for the game Footr?:rolleyes::rolleyes:

He was being helpful, donchano?

trickskier
01-01-2010, 05:30 PM
Congratulations to Bobby Bowden going out a Winner for his last game as Head Coach at Florida State!!! :D

bbymgr
01-01-2010, 05:42 PM
X-2.................................................

atlfootr
01-01-2010, 06:08 PM
Florida State vs West Virginia

GO NOLE'S AND BOWDEN!!!!!!

http://alumni.fsu.edu/community/view.image?Id=4641

Footin
01-01-2010, 09:04 PM
Great game for the Buckeyes!

Chief
01-01-2010, 10:16 PM
Bearcats really stinking it up.

DemolitionMan
01-01-2010, 10:22 PM
Yes they are.

trickskier
01-01-2010, 10:31 PM
Bearcats really stinking it up.

You never can give credit where credit is due...................Gator Hater..............:D

FLORIDA is the DOMINATE team tonight!!!

GO GATORS!!!

DemolitionMan
01-01-2010, 11:20 PM
I bet you are watching the Tebow camera.:D

trickskier
01-01-2010, 11:21 PM

I'm just watching a DOMINATE game by the GATORS!!! :D

trickskier
01-01-2010, 11:22 PM

Cincinnati is ranked #3 - 12-0 Right??? :rolleyes:

DemolitionMan
01-01-2010, 11:23 PM
I'm just watching a DOMINATE game by the GATORS!!! :D

They do look good tonight.

trickskier
01-01-2010, 11:38 PM
GO GATORS!!!

High Stevie, Steward, & Scotty.............54212

TX.X-30 fan
01-01-2010, 11:49 PM
Putz??????

trickskier
01-02-2010, 01:22 AM
Rick,

Tebow isnt even the best payer on the team...

He's a pussy. Sorry.

You know your right steve..............Tebow isn't the best player on the team............

After tonights performance he is THE BEST PLAYER IN COLLEGE FOOTBALL!!!

Check his stats and you will have to agree...................:D

TX.X-30 fan
01-02-2010, 01:27 AM
You know your right steve..............Tebow isn't the best player on the team............

trickskier
01-02-2010, 01:31 AM
Hey Putz tell Sporky he wishes he was hetero.

Putz is perfect :D

Hey Steward whats up? Did you enjoy the GATOR Game? 54213

TX.X-30 fan
01-02-2010, 02:44 AM
Hey Steward whats up? Did you enjoy the GATOR Game? 54213

I have a wife and no need to watch football all flecking day to get my nut.

Jus Sayin............................................. . Try some

TX.X-30 fan
01-02-2010, 02:49 AM

This is why this sucks like ds sucks Putz

bbymgr
01-02-2010, 04:14 AM
Congratulations Tricky!!!! Gators played a great game.

trickskier
01-02-2010, 08:00 AM
Congratulations Tricky!!!! Gators played a great game.

Thanks!!! :D

trickskier
01-02-2010, 08:01 AM
I have a wife and no need to watch football all flecking day to get my nut.

Jus Sayin............................................. . Try some

Guess that's why you're responding to my post at 1:44 am your time...................:rolleyes:

BriEOD
01-02-2010, 09:31 AM

Yep, gotta agree.

Maristar210
01-02-2010, 09:37 AM
Who the hell is Corrine anyway?

I'm still going with Kathy

Maristar210
01-02-2010, 09:39 AM
Ahhh Tricky? No sorry...

Mark Ingram 227 1,304
Toby Gerhart 222 1,276
Colt McCoy 203 1,145
Ndamukong Suh 161 815
Tim Tebow 43 390

scott023
01-02-2010, 10:50 AM
GO GATORS!!!

High Stevie, Steward, & Scotty.............54212

There goes Rick causing fires again...:rolleyes:

scott023
01-02-2010, 10:53 AM
They do look good tonight.

They looked damn good last night... where was that performance against 'Bama? Now they've got no shot at the NC and they play like that.

Would've been interesting to see if Cinci's game would have been different if their coach had stuck around.

scott023
01-02-2010, 10:54 AM
Ahhh Tricky? No sorry...

Mark Ingram 227 1,304
Toby Gerhart 222 1,276
Colt McCoy 203 1,145
Ndamukong Suh 161 815
Tim Tebow 43 390

Still thought Gerhary received a lot more votes than he should've.

scott023
01-02-2010, 11:18 AM
Cincinnati is ranked #3 - 12-0 Right??? :rolleyes:

Credit to Florida for a great game (Tebow looked awesome).

Cincinnati was ranked 4th in 4/5 polls. The Gators played a great game, but let's not forget that the true OC for Cinci left the team before a game plan for the Gators was complete, and that person was also the guy who did all the play calling for a team that averaged nearly 40 points a game. That was a big hit and I don't think anyone expected Cinci to recover from that loss.

Mag_Red
01-02-2010, 01:24 PM
They looked damn good last night... where was that performance against 'Bama? Now they've got no shot at the NC and they play like that.

Would've been interesting to see if Cinci's game would have been different if their coach had stuck around.and if the other guy wasn't already packing his bags for the new job in New York.:rolleyes: Frankly I'm surprised they did as good as they did.......was a very painful game to watch at my house:D

tex
01-02-2010, 01:42 PM
Cincy has had no defense for some time...That's why I wanted to see the Frogs play them. Their defense if stout and would love to see how it stacked up against Gators great offense! Pull for the Frogs!

DemolitionMan
01-02-2010, 01:46 PM
TCU looks really good. I think Boise State will have their hands full.

scott023
01-02-2010, 02:31 PM
TCU looks really good. I think Boise State will have their hands full.

Their hands will be more than full I'm thinking....

trickskier
01-02-2010, 06:20 PM
Credit to Florida for a great game (Tebow looked awesome).

Cincinnati was ranked 4th in 4/5 polls. The Gators played a great game, but let's not forget that the true OC for Cinci left the team before a game plan for the Gators was complete, and that person was also the guy who did all the play calling for a team that averaged nearly 40 points a game. That was a big hit and I don't think anyone expected Cinci to recover from that loss.

Complete game plan??? With all of the controversy surrounding Coach Meyer's health issues???

Footin
01-02-2010, 06:23 PM
Alright tricky, as much as it pains me to say it, Florida looked pretty darn good.

trickskier
01-02-2010, 06:25 PM
Alright tricky, as much as it pains me to say it, Florida looked pretty darn good.

LOL.................Didn't answer my text msg last night............:wavey:

Footin
01-02-2010, 06:32 PM
LOL.................Didn't answer my text msg last night............:wavey:

No, I was already in bed. I have given up.

trickskier
01-02-2010, 06:46 PM
No, I was already in bed. I have given up.

I'm guessing you didn't pick the Gators in your football pool................:rolleyes:

scott023
01-02-2010, 07:08 PM
Complete game plan??? With all of the controversy surrounding Coach Meyer's health issues???

I was talking about the Brian Kelly not preparing the game plan for Cincy. Looked to me like the Gators game plan was solid as solid can be and I quite sure Meyer played a big part of that.

scott023
01-02-2010, 07:10 PM
I'm guessing you didn't pick the Gators in your football pool................:rolleyes:

I think I picked them... just because of the coaching situation at Cincy. After the way the Gators played in the SEC Championship they would have lost a lot of pool picks I'm guessing.

trickskier
01-02-2010, 09:03 PM
I think I picked them... just because of the coaching situation at Cincy. After the way the Gators played in the SEC Championship they would have lost a lot of pool picks I'm guessing.

No, Bama is just that good...............Watch them dismantle texas..............SEC BayBay :D

trickskier
01-02-2010, 09:10 PM
I was talking about the Brian Kelly not preparing the game plan for Cincy. Looked to me like the Gators game plan was solid as solid can be and I quite sure Meyer played a big part of that.

More controversy in the Gators camp and closer to game time as well. Cincy had more time to prepare knowing that their coach wasn't going to be there. The Gator players weren't sure if Coach Meyer was even going to be on the sideline until a few days before the game.

thatsmrmastercraft
01-02-2010, 09:14 PM
I'm just glad the Gators weren't playing the Gophers. It would have been an even larger embarrassment.

Sure wish we would get a real coach. (That goes for the Vikings too)

DemolitionMan
01-02-2010, 09:16 PM
I'm just glad the Gators weren't playing the Gophers. It would have been an even larger embarrassment.

Sure wish we would get a real coach. (That goes for the Vikings too)

Mr. MC, your Gopher's let me down. I picked them in the bowl.:(

thatsmrmastercraft
01-02-2010, 09:23 PM
Mr. MC, your Gopher's let me down. I picked them in the bowl.:(

They let a lot of us down. Hard to win a game when you don't bother to score in the first half.

My apologies for our sorry excuse for a coach.

Chief
01-02-2010, 09:36 PM
USC: Stink Stank Stunk! W T F Ole' ball coach.

Maristar210
01-02-2010, 09:43 PM
Even when you compliment the Gators for playing well Tricky still takes exception.

God Rick you are truly pathetic. NO REALLY, PATHETIC

scott023
01-02-2010, 09:47 PM
More controversy in the Gators camp and closer to game time as well. Cincy had more time to prepare knowing that their coach wasn't going to be there. The Gator players weren't sure if Coach Meyer was even going to be on the sideline until a few days before the game.

C'mon Rick... the game plan was set by Meyer and his staff long before the announcement came down. Not knowing if he'd be there two days before would not have had as big of an effect as not having a coach to prepare a game plan and make sure it was executed in practice in the weeks heading up to the game.

trickskier
01-02-2010, 09:49 PM
Tebow caps college career with 533 yards, Sugar Bowl romp

It was over when... Florida did what it wanted to offensively to start the game, jumping out to a 9-0 lead and outgaining Cincinnati 152 yards to 19 yards in the first quarter.
Gameball goes to... Tim Tebow, who put on a show in his final college game. He was 17-of-18 for 295 yards and three touchdowns in the first half on his way to a record night.
Stat of the game... 533. Tebow broke Vince Young's BCS bowl record for total offense (533 yards -- 482 on 31-of-35 passes) and did it before three quarters were up.

Tim Tebow and coach Urban Meyer stood together in one corner of the Louisiana Superdome, sang the school fight song and then offered a final gesture.

Tebow took off on a victory lap. Meyer saluted the Florida fans.

It was Tebow's way of saying goodbye. It may have been Meyer's, too.

Tebow rose above all the distractions caused by Meyer's uncertain future and capped a storied college career with his finest performance. It was the best in BCS history, too.

Tebow threw for a career-high 482 yards and three touchdowns, ran for 51 yards and another score, and fifth-ranked Florida overwhelmed No. 4 Cincinnati 51-24 Friday night in the Sugar Bowl.

For Tebow and the Gators (13-1), this certainly was The Big Easy.

"It was incredible," Tebow said. "Just a great game. It was exactly how you want to go out with these seniors and these coaches in your last game and your last time together. It just really doesn't get any better than this."

Florida's most anticipated season ever ended in New Orleans instead of Pasadena. It came against Cincinnati (12-1) instead of Texas. It was about redemption instead of perfection.

None of that mattered when the Gators took the field.

Tebow wouldn't let it.

"This has been the best four years of life," the 2007 Heisman Trophy winner said.

He completed his first 12 passes, led the Gators to scores on their first five possessions and finished with 533 total yards -- more than anyone in Bowl Championship Series history. He topped former Texas star Vince Young's record of 467 yards set against Southern California in the 2005 Rose Bowl.

"They couldn't stop Superman," Gators guard Carl Johnson. "They needed some kryptonite."

Tim Tebow set a BCS record for total yardage by an individual player, surpassing Vince Young's legendary 467-yard performance against USC in the '06 title game.
Most Total Yards, BCS Games Year Player Bowl Yards
'10 Tim Tebow, FLA Sugar 533
'06 Vince Young, TEX Rose 467
'09 Mark Sanchez, USC Rose 429
'02 Rohan Davey, LSU Sugar 427

The Bearcats lost their bid for a perfect season and surely will spend the next year listening to questions about whether they belong in the big games against the biggest boys.

Florida, meanwhile, became the first school in the Football Bowl Subdivision to win 13 games in consecutive seasons.

Tebow and his teammates had hoped to repeat as national champions, but a 32-13 loss to Alabama in the Southeastern Conference title game knocked them out of the title picture.

"We tried to show coach where we should have been," Johnson said. "We had to make a statement game, not only for us, but for coach Meyer. We had a bad game at a crucial moment, but we're still Florida, we're still here and we ain't going nowhere."

The Gators spent the last four weeks regrouping from the disheartening loss.

Things got worse when Meyer announced his resignation last Saturday, three weeks after being rushed to the hospital because of chest pain. Meyer changed his mind the following day, and instead said he would take an indefinite leave of absence.

No one knows how long he will be away or whether he will return at all.

"I plan on being the coach of the Gators," Meyer said. "I know I'm anxious to get home. We'll address the future at the appropriate time."

His wife, Shelley, said she had no idea what will happen.

"We just need to take a step back and think and relax and we'll see what happens from here," she said. "But this couldn't have ended better right now, right here. This couldn't have been a better day ever."

Meyer didn't look like his fiery self against his alma mater. Then again, Tebow & Co. made this a stress-free game for every Gator.

Cincinnati stacked the line of scrimmage, essentially forcing Tebow to beat them through the air. That worked for the Crimson Tide. It backfired for the Bearcats.

The bulky left-hander had all kinds of time to pass and picked apart Cincinnati's sketchy defense. He nearly had a career game in the first half alone. He completed 20 of 23 passes for 320 yards and three touchdowns, 18 yards shy of his previous career high.

He found Aaron Hernandez for a 7-yard score to cap Florida's first possession, hooked up with Deonte Thompson on a perfectly thrown ball to the corner of the end zone in the second quarter and then dropped a deep ball into roommate Riley Cooper's hands for an 80-yarder. That was longest completion of Tebow's career.

The Gators pushed the lead to 30-3 early in the third quarter and cruised the rest of the way.

"I didn't see this coming," said Tebow, who stayed in the game until there was about 3 minutes to play. "But I knew we had a great game plan."

Tebow completed 31 of 35 passes and finished with a 35-6 record in three years as a starter. Cooper had seven catches for 181 yards. Hernandez added nine receptions for 111 yards.

Florida clearly had something to prove after getting thumped in Atlanta, and Cincinnati ended up on the receiving end. The Bearcats were playing in their second straight BCS game, but this one was even more lopsided than last year's 20-7 loss to Virginia Tech in the Orange Bowl. Quarterback Tony Pike got much of the blame for that one after throwing four interceptions.

Former coach Brian Kelly could get charged with this one.

Kelly bailed on the Bearcats in early December, leaving behind a lame-duck staff and plenty of angry players. The players spent a few days spewing over Kelly's decision, then insisted they understood he made a business decision. The coaches, meanwhile, spent the last three weeks searching for jobs and trying to keep the team focused despite a huge distraction.

"It doesn't help, you know?" interim coach Jeff Quinn said. "It's never easy to have coaching changes right before your season ends. It's hard to do. You go through this thing all together. And it's just like a player not being there that's a key guy."

Without Kelly, who called plays all season, the offense suffered.

"It's never easy to go through a loss, especially one like this," said Pike, who completed 27 of 45 passes for 170 yards and three touchdowns.

Florida finished with a Sugar Bowl-record 659 yards, and the last celebration for the most successful senior class in SEC history came on the Sugar Bowl logo.

"Guys were anxious to get it done," linebacker Brandon Spikes said. "That game in Atlanta hurt. I told the guys we would get another opportunity to play like we know how to play, and I think we did that today."

trickskier
01-02-2010, 09:51 PM
Even when you compliment the Gators for playing well Tricky still takes exception.

God Rick you are truly pathetic. NO REALLY, PATHETIC

Hey Steve...................54245

trickskier
01-02-2010, 09:54 PM
C'mon Rick... the game plan was set by Meyer and his staff long before the announcement came down. Not knowing if he'd be there two days before would not have had as big of an effect as not having a coach to prepare a game plan and make sure it was executed in practice in the weeks heading up to the game.

Take Steve's advice.....................Read the facts before posting..................... 54246

trickskier
01-02-2010, 09:57 PM
USC: Stink Stank Stunk! W T F Ole' ball coach.

Yeah, I picked them to win..........................8p

scott023
01-02-2010, 09:59 PM
Take Steve's advice.....................Read the facts before posting..................... 54246

I know the facts Rick, that's why you have issues with my posts. Your bias towards your team makes your info less impressive. Stevie Wonder could see that.

Anyone can quote a CBSsportsline article... I've been n\in the locker room and actually understand what goes into game prep. I spoke FACT in saying that the Bearcats would've been affected by the departure of their coach. I am not biased towards either of these teams and I would've been happier to be on the Fla. sideline with their situation than on the opposite side of the field.

But, that is nothing compared to my earlier statement.... The Gators played a damn good game and ended the season the way they started it... congrats to them.

bbymgr
01-02-2010, 10:01 PM
I know the facts Rick, that's why you have issues with my posts. Your bias towards your team makes your info less impressive. Stevie Wonder could see that.

Anyone can quote a CBSsportsline article... I've been n\in the locker room and actually understand what goes into game prep. I spoke FACT in saying that the Bearcats would've been affected by the departure of their coach. I am not biased towards either of these teams and I would've been happier to be on the Fla. sideline with their situation than on the opposite side of the field.

But, that is nothing compared to my earlier statement.... The Gators played a damn good game and ended the season the way they started it... congrats to them.

Yea, but.........................that's Canadian football, not real Football.

trickskier
01-02-2010, 10:03 PM

All I'm saying is the Gators had equal distractions...................Would you not agree???

DemolitionMan
01-02-2010, 10:04 PM

:uglyhamme:uglyhamme

trickskier
01-02-2010, 10:05 PM

Is Doug Flutie still playing??? :rolleyes:

Maristar210
01-02-2010, 10:10 PM
Wow, Rick,

Whats next another PM complaining about certain members of the DS? Listing comments about thier wives and daughters?

scott023
01-02-2010, 10:17 PM

Like you know... :rolleyes:

scott023
01-02-2010, 10:18 PM
All I'm saying is the Gators had equal distractions...................Would you not agree???

They certainly had distractions... but like I said I'd rather be on the sideline with the HC I had all year than to have an interm coach for the biggest game of my life.

scott023
01-02-2010, 10:18 PM

BTW, you really have no idea where I played football... do you know how many Canadians have and are playing D1 football?

trickskier
01-02-2010, 10:19 PM
Wow, Rick,

Whats next another PM complaining about certain members of the DS? Listing comments about thier wives and daughters?

What are you talking about Stevie...............???

Maristar210
01-02-2010, 10:27 PM
.................................................. ............................

bbymgr
01-02-2010, 10:33 PM
.................................................. .......

......and he will rise above us, and the hand of Maristar will smite thee.:D

Maristar210
01-02-2010, 10:36 PM
Ricky ...............

DemolitionMan
01-02-2010, 10:49 PM
Let's get back on topic:)

bbymgr
01-02-2010, 11:19 PM
And a hush fell on the crowd.................ssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhh.

DemolitionMan
01-02-2010, 11:22 PM
The Texas Tech, Michigan State game is a good one.

Maristar210
01-02-2010, 11:25 PM
And a hush fell on the crowd.................ssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhh.

Are you serious?

bbymgr
01-02-2010, 11:26 PM
Did you see the new statements by the Trainer and the physician from Texas Tech concerning the "James Ordeal"?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-texastech-leach&prov=ap&type=lgns

trickskier
01-02-2010, 11:28 PM
Did you see the new statements by the Trainer and the physician from Texas Tech concerning the "James Ordeal"?

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/news?slug=ap-texastech-leach&prov=ap&type=lgns

I did.............Facts Man Facts!!! :D

TX.X-30 fan
01-02-2010, 11:29 PM
I think Al Gore is full of

atlfootr
01-02-2010, 11:30 PM
TX.X.30 are you trying to close another thread already?

TX.X-30 fan
01-02-2010, 11:31 PM
I did.............Facts Man Facts!!! :D

I can see you seeing eye to eye with PinCock :D:D

TX.X-30 fan
01-02-2010, 11:33 PM
On Friday, Leach denied he mistreated Adam James and said Craig James lobbied frequently to get his son more playing time. Leach said the elder James meddled “more than any parent I’ve dealt with my entire career.”

trickskier
01-02-2010, 11:34 PM
University Releases Affidavits

Texas Tech has released a signed, sworn affidavit from an athletic trainer who says former coach Mike Leach instructed him to "lock" receiver Adam James in a dark place and that he disagreed with Leach's treatment of James after the player was diagnosed with a concussion.

According to his affidavit, taken by representatives of the university on Dec. 21 and signed on Jan. 1, trainer Steve Pincock did not agree with the treatment and said he knew of no other player ever being placed in a similar room.

In releasing the affidavits from Pincock and treating physician Dr. Michael Phy, the university said, "After coach Leach's conflicting recent media accounts of the treatment of James, the university asked witnesses to sign affidavits attesting to their original statements."

Phy told university officials in his affidavit that James "may not have been harmed," but he "considered this practice inappropriate, and a deviation from the medical standard of care."

Leach was fired by Texas Tech on Wednesday, two days after he was suspended by the university as it investigated James' allegations of mistreatment. James is the son of ESPN college football analyst Craig James.

In the affidavit released Saturday, Pincock said following James' concussion diagnosis, he showed up at practice in "street clothes, his cap on backwards, and sunglasses and began walking around the field in a very nonchalant way."

Pincock said Leach was upset by James' attitude and did not want the other players witnessing it.

"Leach told me to place James in a dark place near the practice field," Pincock said in the affidavit.

Pincock said Leach continued in an expletive-filled rant in which he degraded James and questioned his toughness.

Pincock said that at Leach's instruction, he placed James in a sports medicine/athletic training shed near the field, with all of the coolers and containers taken away, and instruction from Leach that James should not sit for two to three hours. Pincock described the shed as the size of a single-car garage, with no windows.

In the affidavit, Pincock stated he told James he was "sorry for having to place him in a dark shed but these were Leach's instructions. I do not agree with this form of treatment for anyone, and I discussed this with James."

Pincock said that two days later, instead of the shed, it was suggested James might be placed in a media interview room, which was "very dark and cold." Pincock said the media interview room contained an electrical closet, but he told James not to go into that room because of the noise level.

In the affidavit, Pincock said: "I am not aware of any other player at Texas Tech University ever being placed in a darkened shed or room similar to James. Other players who have sustained concussions in the past were sometimes placed in the physician's examination room with the lights dimmed, or in the weight room or athletic training room. I feel that Leach's treatment of James was inappropriate and I did not agree with it. However, I felt I had to follow the instructions of the head coach."

Texas Tech also released the affidavit from Phy, taken on Dec. 22 and signed on Jan. 1. In it, Phy said: "I did not instruct anyone with Texas Tech to place James in an enclosed dark place for up to three hours. In spite of the fact that James may not have been harmed by these actions, I consider the practice inappropriate, and a deviation from the medical standard of care."

Attempts to reach Leach for comment were unsuccessful. Earlier this week, ESPN.com obtained a statement made by Pincock from Leach's representatives, in which he contradicted James' version of the events that led to Leach's firing.

In that account, Pincock said James was placed in a "sports medicine garage" on the first day, and a media room as "big as a two-car garage" the second day while recovering from the concussion, and was monitored by two trainers at all times.

A source had told ESPN that Leach called a trainer and directed him to move James "to the darkest place, to clean out the equipment and to make sure that he could not sit or lean. He was confined for three hours."

According to the source, Leach told the trainer, two days later, to "put [James] in the darkest, tightest spot. It was in an electrical closet, again, with a guard posted outside."

But in the statement to Leach's representatives, as well as the affidavit signed Friday, Pincock said James was not placed in an electrical closet.

"I instructed Adam to stay in the garage and out of the sun, so the light would not worsen his condition," Pincock said in the statement. "While in the garage, Adam was walking around, eating ice, sitting on the ground, and, at one point, sleeping; at no point was there any enforcement to make Adam stand up."

On Friday, Leach denied he mistreated Adam James and said Craig James lobbied frequently to get his son more playing time. Leach said the elder James meddled "more than any parent I've dealt with my entire career."

When asked about claims that he meddled, Craig James called them "absurd," ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz said.

Leach also claims he was fired for financial reasons. He was in the first season of a five-year, $12.7 million contract.

TX.X-30 fan
01-02-2010, 11:34 PM
Thanks BBYMGRFOS, the story kinda makes the original point dontchano.

TX.X-30 fan
01-02-2010, 11:35 PM
Twicky is hands down the best cut/paste on the planet

bbymgr
01-02-2010, 11:39 PM
Thanks BBYMGRFOS, the story kinda makes the original point dontchano.

Does "FOS" mean first on Sunday?:D

trickskier
01-02-2010, 11:43 PM

So you like NASCAR??? :D

TX.X-30 fan
01-02-2010, 11:44 PM

Yes pass the plate and shut-up' :D

TX.X-30 fan
01-02-2010, 11:46 PM
TX.X.30 are you trying to close another thread already?

Your just saying that because your rott would love me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

I don't like cats at all................... guess what happens when i get near cats???? Yes right in my lap to hang. :rolleyes:

DemolitionMan
01-02-2010, 11:47 PM
Let's stay on the topic of college football.:)

TX.X-30 fan
01-02-2010, 11:48 PM
So you like NASCAR??? :D

No that's the double-wide-dude. :D

trickskier
01-02-2010, 11:54 PM
No that's the double-wide-dude. :D

Went right over your head like a Sabre Jet............:D

TX.X-30 fan
01-03-2010, 12:13 AM
Went right over your head like a Sabre Jet............:D

Why all the animosity, I bet we could have a fine time Trick............... Little water under the bridge though Ehh?

trickskier
01-03-2010, 12:15 AM
Why all the animosity, I bet we could have a fine time Trick............... Little water under the bridge though Ehh?

I have no animosity.............A lot of H2o has gone under the bridge.............:rolleyes:

TEAL98
01-03-2010, 01:07 AM
Trick... Phil is watchin' so don't fuel him up man... let him dig his own grave. I did it on the Puppy thread and I got what I requested:D Now we'll just have to wait for the next 2 weeks, he'll be gone. No worries

scott023
01-03-2010, 02:37 AM
Trick... Phil is watchin' so don't fuel him up man... let him dig his own grave. I did it on the Puppy thread and I got what I requested:D Now we'll just have to wait for the next 2 weeks, he'll be gone. No worries

LOL...:D:D:D

TX.X-30 fan
01-03-2010, 09:53 AM
LOL...:D:D:D

Did he ever say why he didn't go with the heated seats?? I live south but they still come in handy. :D

scott023
01-03-2010, 12:10 PM
How about the Red Raiders performance last night...

DemolitionMan
01-03-2010, 10:29 PM
Trick have you ever seen this lady at the swamp?

TX.X-30 fan
01-03-2010, 10:32 PM
Hey that's classy as well.

scott023
01-03-2010, 11:12 PM

Great shirt. :D

trickskier
01-03-2010, 11:21 PM

Can't say that I have..............:rolleyes:

captain planet
01-04-2010, 10:35 AM

If this topic has been covered I apologize, but Tricky....do you REALLY want to debate that? He was playing Cincy which was without it's head coach (a topic already discussed).

SkiDog
01-04-2010, 10:45 AM
If this topic has been covered I apologize, but Tricky....do you REALLY want to debate that? He was playing Cincy which was without it's head coach (a topic already discussed).

Everybody has an opinion. And you know that opinions are like buttholes, they usually stink!:D

captain planet
01-04-2010, 10:45 AM
No, Bama is just that good...............Watch them dismantle texas..............SEC BayBay :D

....um.....how did LSU do? :rolleyes:

scott023
01-04-2010, 10:50 AM
....um.....how did LSU do? :rolleyes:

Tell us... :D:D:D

Maristar210
01-04-2010, 11:47 AM
Can't wait to see the Horned Frogs play tonight. Should be a great game.

How bout that Auburn NW game? awesome !!

scott023
01-04-2010, 11:54 AM
Can't wait to see the Horned Frogs play tonight. Should be a great game.

How bout that Auburn NW game? awesome !!

Think the Frogs are going to open up a can tonight.

The Aub/NW game was the best of this Bowl (thus far) season IMO.

Maristar210
01-04-2010, 12:00 PM
Even though I had NW in my pool I still thought it was fantastic. Just when you were sure it was over.....wait a second.... theres a flag on the field. !!!

lanier92prostar
01-04-2010, 12:04 PM
Even though I had NW in my pool I still thought it was fantastic. Just when you were sure it was over.....wait a second.... theres a flag on the field. !!!

Auburn tried to lose that game 3 or 4 times on the last drive. There have been several very good games that have come down to the end. I felt sorry for the ECU kicker.

Maristar210
01-04-2010, 12:07 PM
Auburn tried to lose that game 3 or 4 times on the last drive. There have been several very good games that have come down to the end. I felt sorry for the ECU kicker.

Yes - me too. How many did he miss? 3?

lanier92prostar
01-04-2010, 12:27 PM
2 in the 4th quarter and 1 in overtime. Hopefully tonight, tomorrow and Thursday will continue the trend of good games.

Texas
01-04-2010, 02:49 PM
Hook 'em Horns !!!!!

Gators are overrated

Ric
01-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Hats off to Flowda for beating cincinatti. Ready for the Horns to ROLL TIDE !!!

Ric
01-04-2010, 04:29 PM
Yes - me too. How many did he miss? 3?

What was the line on that game? Arkansas has been playing better but I was so sure that EC was gonna win that one................ :rolleyes:

TX.X-30 fan
01-04-2010, 04:40 PM
Hook 'em Horns !!!!!

Gators are overrated

What lakes do you ski??

I must say your first post is most excellant. :D

broncotw
01-04-2010, 05:12 PM
Hook Em' Horns

DemolitionMan
01-04-2010, 09:46 PM
I can not believe that Boise State is beating TCU. There is still a lot of game left.

KnoxX2
01-04-2010, 09:52 PM
TCU just scored!

scott023
01-05-2010, 01:33 AM
WOW.... Boise State. What a great game.

Maristar210
01-05-2010, 08:13 AM
I'm sleepy this morning staying up for that but it was cool to watch. I even picked the winner right for once.... :D

DemolitionMan
01-05-2010, 09:16 AM
I thought TCU would run all over Boise State. Never under estimate Boise State in the fiesta bowl.

scott023
01-05-2010, 09:29 AM
I thought TCU would run all over Boise State. Never under estimate Boise State in the fiesta bowl.

Apparently...

tex
01-05-2010, 11:13 AM
My Frog's offense didn't show up! Always fear BS and the trick play!

DemolitionMan
01-05-2010, 11:15 AM
That's true Tex. TCU had a great season.

Shane21
01-05-2010, 11:17 AM
It was indeed a great matchup...but I still believe that Texas/Florida/Alabama would have crushed either of those teams. Their defenses looked good, but neither QB impressed me. Dalton looked like he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn and their play calling was awful. All those comments were relative to a national scene. As far as being a small school, both looked fantastic.

tex
01-05-2010, 11:21 AM
Crush is pretty strong...I think both TCU's and BS's defense would keep them in any game. Florida did what I expected they would do to the Cats! I love me some college football!

DemolitionMan
01-05-2010, 11:28 AM
Boise State is good. I am trying to think of the last team that crushed Boise State..................Oh yeah that was Georgia 48 Boise State 13.:D

Texas
01-05-2010, 11:30 AM
Anyone hear if Stanzi is healthy for tonights game?

Ric
01-06-2010, 10:35 AM

Holy Cow! So thats what the distinguished alumni section looks like at Flowda games 8p

bbymgr
01-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Great win for Iowa over Georgia Tech last night. Even better showing for the Big 10 this year in Bowl Games. 4 wins and 3 losses is a lot better than the 1 and 6 of last year. Hopefully this is just the beginning in a return to excellence the Big 10 once enjoyed.

captain planet
01-06-2010, 03:35 PM
B I G ............

trickskier
01-06-2010, 05:18 PM
B I G ............

How BIG was it CP..................:rolleyes:

bcampbe7
01-06-2010, 05:30 PM
Good game by the Hawks last night. Born and raised Iowa fan here. Thought it was going to be a blowout after that first quarter showing. Second quarter, not so much. Worked out in our favor in the end.

Go HAWKS!

DemolitionMan
01-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Good game by the Hawks last night. Born and raised Iowa fan here. Thought it was going to be a blowout after that first quarter showing. Second quarter, not so much. Worked out in our favor in the end.

Go HAWKS!

I was pulling for Iowa also, but then again I am a Georgia fan. I pull for anyone who play's Tech.:D

captain planet
01-06-2010, 06:12 PM
How BIG was it CP..................:rolleyes:

I was looking for someone to give me a

T E N!!!!!!

trickskier
01-06-2010, 06:14 PM
I was looking for someone to give me a

T E N!!!!!!

Hook, Line, & Sinker.................Don't you mean 11??? 54395 :rolleyes:

trickskier
01-07-2010, 07:10 AM
Predictions on Tonights Game???

Mine is - Texas - 9 / Alabama - 42.

bbymgr
01-07-2010, 07:25 AM
I think it will be a much closer game than that Tricky. My prediction.................................pain.:D No, wait a minute, that's Rocky III. Texas 24 Alabama 17.

coz
01-07-2010, 07:52 AM

Roll Tide!

Texas
01-07-2010, 08:12 AM
Here in the state of Texas were used to handling a bunch of bull, Elephants aint much different. Texas 31 Bama 10 and giant glass of be quiet to the SEC.

76S&S
01-07-2010, 08:25 AM
Roll Tide!

I like the way you think............Roll Tide.:D

bcampbe7
01-07-2010, 08:30 AM
Should be a good game tonight.

I don't think Texas will score many points on Alabama's defense.

My prediction:
Alabama 17; Texas 14

If Texas does win it will break the SEC's 5-0 record in the National Title games. Of course, Ingram has that whole Heisman jinx going against him. :)

Monte
01-07-2010, 08:54 AM
Should be a good game tonight.

I don't think Texas will score many points on Alabama's defense.

My prediction:
Alabama 17; Texas 14

If Texas does win it will break the SEC's 5-0 record in the National Title games. Of course, Ingram has that whole Heisman jinx going against him. :)

My prediction is the exact opposite of beau's.

Texas 17 Tide 14

That is unless McCoy get intercepted, AGAIN, then it is Tide by 4 the other way ie Texas 17 Tide 21. I think it will be close nonetheless.

east tx skier
01-07-2010, 10:23 AM

Et tu, Beau?

No more posts for me on this topic. I'll either celebrate or congratulate Alabama after the game. Here's hoping it's a good game. Here's wishing Alabama well ... and Texas just a little better. :toast:

:headbang:

SkiDog
01-07-2010, 10:33 AM
Et tu, Beau?

No more posts for me on this topic. I'll either celebrate or congratulate Alabama after the game. Here's hoping it's a good game. Here's wishing Alabama well ... and Texas just a little better. :toast:

This thread does have a tendency to get outa hand, don't it?:D

DemolitionMan
01-07-2010, 10:49 AM
If Texas play's like they did against A @ M and Nebraska, the SEC will be getting their 4th NC in a row.:)

bcampbe7
01-07-2010, 11:31 AM
Et tu, Beau?

Sorry Eastie... Iowa, Tennessee, Big Ten, SEC, anyone playing Florida, all others (in that order) fan here. :)

Texas
01-07-2010, 11:34 AM
Hook 'em Horns :D

ShamrockIV
01-07-2010, 01:59 PM
24-17
tide rolls!!!

DemolitionMan
01-07-2010, 02:07 PM
Nick Saban has been working on his game plan all week.:D

trickskier
01-07-2010, 02:22 PM
If Texas play's like they did against A @ M and Nebraska, the SEC will be getting their 4th NC in a row.:)

If Bama plays they way they played against Florida it will be no contest.

scott023
01-07-2010, 02:30 PM

what???? C'mon Rick, this isn't the Gators they're playing. :D

scott023
01-07-2010, 02:34 PM
If Bama plays they way they played against Florida it will be no contest.

BLAH BLAH BLAH. :D:D:D

Did 'Bama play that well against the Gators, or did the Gators not play their game? I really think Florida made the Tide look better than they are. Just my two cents.

trickskier
01-07-2010, 02:35 PM
BLAH BLAH BLAH. :D:D:D

Did 'Bama play that well against the Gators, or did the Gators not play their game? I really think Florida made the Tide look better than they are. Just my two cents.

We shall see tonight................:D

scott023
01-07-2010, 02:40 PM
We shall see tonight................:D

Tonights game isn't the answer. Do you think if Florida had played the SEC Ch game the way they played last week 'Bama would've won?

trickskier
01-07-2010, 02:46 PM
Tonights game isn't the answer. Do you think if Florida had played the SEC Ch game the way they played last week 'Bama would've won?

No, I believe Florida would have won.

SkiDog
01-07-2010, 02:54 PM
Ya know, when 2 teams play each other 5-6 weeks after the regular season ends, you can't expect too much from either team, performance wise. They gotta be rusty as hell from the long layover. I never understood why they played the championship games or bowl games in general, so long after the season has ended. This is just plain stupid IMO.

trickskier
01-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Ya know, when 2 teams play each other 5-6 weeks after the regular season ends, you can't expect too much from either team, performance wise. They gotta be rusty as hell from the long layover. I never understood why they played the championship games or bowl games in general, so long after the season has ended. This is just plain stupid IMO.

One word....................Money!!! :D

captain planet
01-07-2010, 03:28 PM
One word....................Money!!! :D

What are you talking about Tricky...it's all about the kids! :rolleyes:

SkiDog
01-07-2010, 04:00 PM

Yea, YOU keep believing that!

DemolitionMan
01-07-2010, 04:10 PM

trickskier
01-07-2010, 05:08 PM

LOL...................One day we'll agree on something.............. 54428

DemolitionMan
01-07-2010, 08:39 PM
It's Game Time!!!!!!!!!:dance::dance::dance:

KnoxX2
01-07-2010, 08:46 PM
Well that was a bad move for Alabama!!!!!

DemolitionMan
01-07-2010, 10:07 PM
At the half Tide 24, Texas 6.

KnoxX2
01-07-2010, 10:08 PM
Not the game I thought I would see!!!!!!

Chief
01-07-2010, 10:11 PM
No, I believe Florida would have won.

Neither TX or AL deserve crap. What a flop.

DemolitionMan
01-08-2010, 12:18 AM
Congrat's to Bama and the SEC for their 4th BCS in a row.:) What a great come back by Texas. Hope only the best for Colt what a great guy, I felt bad for him.

east tx skier
01-08-2010, 12:21 AM
Congratulations to Alabama. You played a good game. Enjoy!

Goodnight.

/ETS

scott023
01-08-2010, 01:09 AM
Congratulations to Alabama. You played a good game. Enjoy!

Goodnight.

/ETS

Well put ETS. Too bad both teams weren't at full strength. Would've been nice to see both these great QB's skills tonight, instead we saw neither.

captain planet
01-08-2010, 10:14 AM
Texas would have won if Colt (I hate that name) wouldn't have gotten hurt. Looks like there is only one thing to put next to the final score on this one.

*:rolleyes:

scott023
01-08-2010, 10:21 AM
Texas would have won if Colt (I hate that name) wouldn't have gotten hurt. Looks like there is only one thing to put next to the final score on this one.

CP, there is no way we'll ever know what would've happened. I think what we all know (except maybe Tricky:D) is that the game would've been a lot different for both teams had he played.

Both of these programs will be in the hunt for the NC again next year, hopefully the 'Horns get another shot at classless Saban.

No beefs with the Tide, but Saban is a SOS. Just sayin. :D

east tx skier
01-08-2010, 10:35 AM
I'm just sorry the kid got hurt. And no matter the outcome, I would have enjoyed watching him play in that game. I'd expect the Longhorns would have performed better had he been in. But you play the hand you're dealt. I thought our defense did an admirable job against Alabama. Gilbert didn't do horribly for a 19 year old kid suddenly told to assume the key role in a National Championship game. That's a heavy load to shoulder.

By the way, that shuttle pass with 14 seconds left in the first half was the dumbest call I have seen in a long time.

DemolitionMan
01-08-2010, 10:38 AM
I'm just sorry the kid got hurt. And no matter the outcome, I would have enjoyed watching him play in that game. I'd expect the Longhorns would have performed better had he been in. But you play the hand you're dealt. I thought our defense did an admirable job against Alabama. Gilbert didn't do horribly for a 19 year old kid suddenly told to assume the key role in a National Championship game. That's a heavy load to shoulder.

By the way, that shuttle pass with 14 seconds left in the first half was the dumbest call I have seen in a long time.

I don't know Bama's fake punt was pretty dumb.;)

KnoxX2
01-08-2010, 10:43 AM
Both were dumb! The NC was played weeks before this game in my opinion!!!

I do agree that the game would have been better if McCoy would have played! Still think Bama would have won though! Just sayin

SkiDog
01-08-2010, 11:01 AM

Remember that post I made a few days ago about OPINIONS? just saying................

bcampbe7
01-08-2010, 11:44 AM
Good game...

Not sure if the outcome would have been any different. Those Texas receivers could not catch a cold last night. While the passes could have been better, a majority of them were catchable. I think Gilbert did an incredible job and he should not hang his head after that game. He did everything (and more) expected of him.

Hated that Colt got hurt. I know he is a great quarterback, but had no idea he was such a class act. Showed great class with his comments at the end of the game. Wish him the best in the NFL.

east tx skier
01-08-2010, 11:48 AM
I, for one, am proud of my team. Suffice it to say, McCoy was crucial to our offense. Losing him 5 offensive plays into the game completely dismantled of our offense. We are a different team without him. That's no secret. But to watch my team fight and pull within 3 points with five minutes to go was good for this fan to see. To see a kid who will be our quarterback for the next four years step onto the stage like that made the turnovers easier to stomach this morning. My team played with heart. I'd rather see them lose playing like that than win playing sloppy. The final score does not reflect how close that game got.

Texas
01-08-2010, 11:49 AM
Bcampe?

As a clipboard holder on IR?

bcampbe7
01-08-2010, 11:51 AM
I, for one, am proud of my team. Suffice it to say, McCoy was crucial to our offense. Losing him 5 offensive plays into the game completely dismantled of our offense. We are a different team without him. That's no secret. But to watch my team fight and pull within 3 points with five minutes to go was good for this fan to see. To see a kid who will be our quarterback for the next four years step onto the stage like that made the turnovers easier to stomach this morning. My team played with heart. I'd rather see them lose playing like that than win playing sloppy. The final score does not reflect how close that game got.

No doubt!

Texas was/is a much better team than I gave them credit. Not only in skill but heart as well.

east tx skier
01-08-2010, 11:53 AM
Good game...

Not sure if the outcome would have been any different. Those Texas receivers could not catch a cold last night. While the passes could have been better, a majority of them were catchable. I think Gilbert did an incredible job and he should not hang his head after that game. He did everything (and more) expected of him.

Hated that Colt got hurt. I know he is a great quarterback, but had no idea he was such a class act. Showed great class with his comments at the end of the game. Wish him the best in the NFL.

There were definitely some catchable balls not caught. I don't know about a majority of them being catchable though. That long ball in the second last series of the half was catchable. He overthrew and underthrew a lot. He threw behind Shipley a lot. Our receivers, as a whole, have had better nights for sure. There was a rhythm missing in the offense that Gilbert couldn't be expected to replicate in such a short period of time.

Colt is a good kid and I hope he goes on to do great things in the NFL. I expect great things from Gilbert, too. This season is over. I am looking forward to next year with great anticipation.

bcampbe7
01-08-2010, 11:53 AM
Bcampe?

Huh? :confused:

east tx skier
01-08-2010, 11:54 AM
No doubt!

Texas was/is a much better team than I gave them credit. Not only in skill but heart as well.

A lot of credit goes to the coaches and the seniors for what we saw out of them last night. I was watching the sidelines a lot during the game and they were going above and beyond to keep those kids' heads up.

Texas
01-08-2010, 11:57 AM
Huh? :confused:

in the nfl?

bcampbe7
01-08-2010, 12:04 PM
in the nfl?

No, not in the NFL. I didn't even sleep in a Holiday Inn last night. :)

trickskier
01-08-2010, 12:08 PM

I'm not here to rub salt in any open wounds. Yes, I do believe it would have been a different game had Colt McCoy not been knocked out of the game. However, I still believe that Bama would have won the game.

It's obvious that Colt is their leader and they had to change their entire game plan when he was unable to return.

On the flip side, little was mentioned about Greg McElroy playing with two cracked ribs that he sustained during the Florida game. Also, Mark Ingram had limited play during the second half due to cramping. When he did play, it was obvious what an impact player he is.

IMO, the game was won by the defense that had the fewest errors. Not the offense that capitalized on them.

Congratulations to Alabama.............It was nice to see the SEC win a 4th consecutive National Championship.

captain planet
01-08-2010, 01:16 PM
I'm not here to rub salt in any open wounds. Yes, I do believe it would have been a different game had Colt McCoy not been knocked out of the game. However, I still believe that Bama would have won the game.

It's obvious that Colt is their leader and they had to change their entire game plan when he was unable to return.

On the flip side, little was mentioned about Greg McElroy playing with two cracked ribs that he sustained during the Florida game. Also, Mark Ingram had limited play during the second half due to cramping. When he did play, it was obvious what an impact player he is.

IMO, the game was won by the defense that had the fewest errors. Not the offense that capitalized on them.

Congratulations to Alabama.............It was nice to see the SEC win a 4th consecutive National Championship.

...which was played 5 weeks ago. :rolleyes:

Congrats to the PLAYERS of Bama....not to their coach!

DemolitionMan
01-08-2010, 01:34 PM

Love him or hate him. The reason Alabama is where they are at is because of Saban.

trickskier
01-08-2010, 01:45 PM

Ever had cracked ribs???................I have!!! They take longer to heal than broken ribs.

scott023
01-08-2010, 01:54 PM

Damn, Doug sure knows how to say what's right. Well said again Eastie.

scott023
01-08-2010, 01:55 PM
Bcampe?

Right....:rolleyes:

scott023
01-08-2010, 01:59 PM

I may be in the minority here, but IMO Ingram is the second best back on that squad, Heisman or not. I myself would take Richardson over him. Trent has more speed and I would say his cuts are just as good.

scott023
01-08-2010, 02:02 PM
Ever had cracked ribs???................I have!!! They take longer to heal than broken ribs.

They're brutal, you're right Rick. That being said, if the Texas offense was at full force last night he would've had t othrow the ball more, which could've caused issues for 'Bama. Of the 11 ball McElroy threw last night, there were only a few that were good ones.

Monte
01-08-2010, 03:03 PM
I don't know Bama's fake punt was pretty dumb.;)

The kid catching (intercepting the ball off the fake punt was even dumber IMHO) Knock it down to the ground and start inside the oponents 40. Instead they started on their own 40:confused:

KnoxX2
01-08-2010, 03:05 PM
Well put for once Monte!!!!:rolleyes:

Monte
01-08-2010, 03:12 PM

ETS I must admit, I became an instant temporary Longhorn fan during that game. Yes I wanted to see Texas pull off the win to begin with, but to see a true freshman grow up on the field and watch a defense fight that hard made for one of the best games I have probably ever seen. I was pulling for them the same way I would pull for my own team. There is not one thing Texas has to be ashamed of about that entire game. (well the shovel pass was a bad move, but:rolleyes:) That Dilbert kid is going to be one to watch. I bet he learns to survey the field a little more on his own ten yardline:rolleyes:

SkiDog
01-08-2010, 03:30 PM
They're brutal, you're right Rick. That being said, if the Texas offense was at full force last night he would've had t othrow the ball more, which could've caused issues for 'Bama. Of the 11 ball McElroy threw last night, there were only a few that were good ones.

I have to agree with ya Scottie. Alabama won that game last night,(which I'm glad of) but it was 21 players that won it for bama. The quarterback didn't have a whole lot to add. he played horrible IMO>

east tx skier
01-08-2010, 04:54 PM
ETS I must admit, I became an instant temporary Longhorn fan during that game. Yes I wanted to see Texas pull off the win to begin with, but to see a true freshman grow up on the field and watch a defense fight that hard made for one of the best games I have probably ever seen. I was pulling for them the same way I would pull for my own team. There is not one thing Texas has to be ashamed of about that entire game. (well the shovel pass was a bad move, but:rolleyes:) That Dilbert kid is going to be one to watch. I bet he learns to survey the field a little more on his own ten yardline:rolleyes:

Glad to hear it. There have been times where I have been less than convinced that their hearts were in it. Last night was not one of those times ... and it was a great thing to see.

SkiDog
01-08-2010, 05:11 PM
Glad to hear it. There have been times where I have been less than convinced that their hearts were in it. Last night was not one of those times ... and it was a great thing to see.

Oh, they were in THAT game last night. I was pulling for Bama, but toward the middle of the third quarter, I was pulling for Texas. Those guys fought hard! I saw an article today about the quarterback that came in for Colt. He had no idea just what he was getting himself into when he walked on to that field. It's probably just sinking in today. Great class by Colt after the game too!

DemolitionMan
01-12-2010, 11:10 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=4820737

DemolitionMan
01-12-2010, 11:14 PM
Kiffin is a piece of garbage.

DemolitionMan
01-12-2010, 11:16 PM
Maybe Tenn. can get this guy back.

Sodar
01-12-2010, 11:29 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=4820737

I don't give a crap about Kiffin. He has got huge shoes to fill. What I am ecstatic about is getting Chow back from UCLA. SC is going to do just fine. I also became a Seahawks fan this past weekend :)

Win Forever and Fight On!

VOLFAN
01-12-2010, 11:34 PM
enjoy him sodar... only good thing about him is his dad.

Sodar
01-12-2010, 11:45 PM
Well, Dad is coming, too. So is Layla... she is going to look real nice in cardinal and gold. :D

VOLFAN
01-13-2010, 06:16 AM
Well, Dad is coming, too. So is Layla... she is going to look real nice in cardinal and gold. :D

yeah orginally I was going to say only good thing about him is his dad and his wife, but took out the wife and went with just talking for football reason.

the wife will be at home out there taking care of their new son Knox.

76S&S
01-13-2010, 08:48 AM
yeah orginally I was going to say only good thing about him is his dad and his wife, but took out the wife and went with just talking for football reason.

the wife will be at home out there taking care of their new son Knox.

Wonder if they are going to change his name to Cal..........:D

bcampbe7
01-13-2010, 08:51 AM
Let him go... His arrogance will fit in great at USC.

People in Knoxville are going nuts over this guy leaving. I can't tell if they are mad or finally saying how they feel about the guy because he is no longer "their" coach. :)

Monte Kiffin's record as a coach speaks for itself. He is a great coach and I think the reason so many here in Tennessee are upset with this departure. If it was just Lane leaving (or if Monte never came to UT) no one would care.

Tennessee has a great football program and will bounce back stronger than ever. They always do.

VOLFAN
01-13-2010, 10:45 AM

People in Knoxville are going nuts over this guy leaving. I can't tell if they are mad or finally saying how they feel about the guy because he is no longer "their" coach. :)

Monte Kiffin's record as a coach speaks for itself. He is a great coach and I think the reason so many here in Tennessee are upset with this departure. If it was just Lane leaving (or if Monte never came to UT) no one would care.

Tennessee has a great football program and will bounce back stronger than ever. They always do.

yep we will survive... I don't really care that Lane is leaving , but screwed us on recruiting class for this year...

trickskier
01-14-2010, 05:13 PM

He's a loser - I hope he goes 0-12 at USC after what he did to his own players and the Tennessee fans!!!

VOLFAN
01-15-2010, 08:12 AM
Beverly Hills

trickskier
01-15-2010, 08:16 AM
LMAO - Good one Volfan!!! :D

trickskier
02-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Florida Wins Recruiting National Title

Maybe Urban Meyer should retire more often.

1. Florida
2. USC
3. Texas
4. Auburn
5. Alabama
6. LSU
7. Oklahoma
8. UCLA
9. Tennessee
10. Florida State

SkiDog
02-03-2010, 07:52 PM
Florida Wins Recruiting National Title

Maybe Urban Meyer should retire more often.

1. Florida
2. USC
3. Texas
4. Auburn
5. Alabama
6. LSU
7. Oklahoma
8. UCLA
9. Tennessee
10. Florida State

Looks like your BOY Tebow is gonna be a winner in the bigs!:D:D:D

trickskier
02-03-2010, 07:57 PM
Looks like your BOY Tebow is gonna be a winner in the bigs!:D:D:D

Good Luck to Tim!!! :D

scott023
02-03-2010, 08:09 PM
Someone explain to me why guys are still going to USC? That program is crap now. Doesn't make sense to me.

trickskier
02-03-2010, 08:15 PM
Someone explain to me why guys are still going to USC? That program is crap now. Doesn't make sense to me.

Kiffin promised them all lap dances after every practice..................:D

scott023
02-03-2010, 08:45 PM

Well, that explains it. :rolleyes::D:D

captain planet
02-08-2010, 09:26 AM
Well look at that, the last two Super Bowl MVP's were from the Big 10. ;)

And the play that sealed the deal was done from a player from Indiana, a Big 10 School.

Congrats Drew Brees, Will Smith, and Tracey Porter.

TonyB
02-08-2010, 02:43 PM
Which Kiffin?

I heard that it was Layla Kiffin that promised them all lap dances.

trickskier
02-08-2010, 06:46 PM
Which Kiffin?

I heard that it was Layla Kiffin that promised them all lap dances.

WOW --- :uglyhamme

SkiDog
02-08-2010, 07:02 PM

And the play that sealed the deal was done from a player from Indiana, a Big 10 School.

Even a blind squirrel can find a nut every now & then.

DemolitionMan
02-08-2010, 07:39 PM

Saint's SEC player's on roster 12, Big Ten player's on roster 9.
Colt's SEC player's on roster 7, Big Ten player's on roster 6.

captain planet
02-09-2010, 09:32 AM
TD's and takeways scored by conference:

BIG 10 - TD's 2, passing TD's 2
sec - TD's 1, passing TD's 1
All Cupcake Conference - TD's 1 (Miami correctional facility);)
Division III Mount Union - TD's 1 :rolleyes:

Takeaways
BIG 10 - 1 for 6 points (biggest play of the game)

As for the guys that played in the game......we both probably should quiet down since at a glance there were a lot of guys from the Big 12 on the defensive side of the ball for both teams. But overall, the big plays were done from guys from the Big 10...Brees, Thomas, Porter.

trickskier
02-09-2010, 09:39 AM
TD's and takeways scored by conference:

BIG 10 - TD's 2, passing TD's 2
sec - TD's 1, passing TD's 1
All Cupcake Conference - TD's 1 (Miami correctional facility) ;)
Division III Mount Union - TD's 1 :rolleyes:

Takeaways
BIG 10 - 1 for 6 points (biggest play of the game)

As for the guys that played in the game......we both probably should quiet down since at a glance there were a lot of guys from the Big 12 on the defensive side of the ball for both teams. But overall, the big plays were done from guys from the Big 10...Brees, Thomas, Porter.

Stealing my acronym??? :rolleyes:8p

captain planet
02-09-2010, 09:48 AM
Stealing my acronym??? :rolleyes:8p

If you coined that term, congrats because that is how I refer to them because I thought it was that funny.:D I just couldn't remember where I read it. Good stuff right there.

.....of course I also refer to the Gaytors as Southern michigan! 8p

So is Urban Cyrer going to coach, sit out, cheer from the sideline, play manager, get the water bottles.....I figure with all the attention on the Saints right now he is due to make some kind of announcement to get the spotlight back on him. I'm suprised he didn't try to shoehorn himself in on that commercial with Teabag and his mommy during the SuperBowl.

atlfootr
03-04-2010, 09:56 AM
Hey Trick ..
Bucs' Morris: 'Teams will be fired up' to get Tebow

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35706446 (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35706446)

scott023
03-04-2010, 09:59 AM
Hey Trick ..
Bucs' Morris: 'Teams will be fired up' to get Tebow

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35706446 (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35706446)

:rolleyes:

trickskier
03-04-2010, 03:57 PM
That link didn't take me to an article about Tebow. Personally I hope Miami drafts him. I think he's perfect for the "Wildcat" :D

Shane21
03-04-2010, 09:26 PM
Well, if Michael Vick can get $8 million dollars a year to be a 3rd string QB, I suppose Tebow could too....

scott023
03-11-2010, 01:32 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft10/news/story?id=4984943

CruisinGA
03-11-2010, 02:33 PM
3.66 GPA in witchcraft, bomb making and basket-weaving. I'd say a 22/50 is pretty good.

I'd really like to see average SAT scores for every Division 1 team next to their rankings. :D At least then Georgia Tech football could be really good at something...

scott023
03-11-2010, 02:46 PM
3.66 GPA in witchcraft, bomb making and basket-weaving. I'd say a 22/50 is pretty good.

I'd really like to see average SAT scores for every Division 1 team next to their rankings. :D At least then Georgia Tech football could be really good at something...

That might be a stretch. :D:D:D

Sodar
03-11-2010, 02:49 PM
"he graduated with a 3.66 GPA majoring in family, youth and community services."

Wow, there is a tough major!

scott023
03-11-2010, 02:59 PM
"he graduated with a 3.66 GPA majoring in family, youth and community services."

Wow, there is a tough major!

That wasn't available when I went to school. Think he's banking on a long pro football career?:D

Footin
03-11-2010, 05:59 PM
I thought he minored in underwater basket weaveing.

trickskier
03-11-2010, 09:21 PM
I thought he minored in underwater basket weaveing.

If you're going to make fun of someone you should at least check your spelling before posting --- :D:uglyhamme

DemolitionMan
03-11-2010, 09:31 PM

Georgia Tech players don't even attend school. Just ask Reggie Ball.

CruisinGA
03-11-2010, 10:23 PM
Georgia Tech players don't even attend school. Just ask Reggie Ball.

I wish I could say Reggie Ball never went to school at Tech. :cry:

He's the best player Georgia ever had.

I actually have a football player for a lab partner. Any starting Div 1 football player that can handle Tech's Mech. Engineering is pretty damn smart in my book.

DemolitionMan
06-07-2010, 10:32 PM
Has anyone noticed the Pac10-Big11-Big12 merger.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5251329

ShamrockIV
06-07-2010, 10:39 PM
any word on USC penalties??
Glad kiffin showed up!! Could not have happened to a nicer guy.

trickskier
06-08-2010, 06:25 AM
any word on USC penalties??
Glad kiffin showed up!! Could not have happened to a nicer guy.

I'm sure the NCAA will double the penalties now that fuzz nuts is there! :D

DemolitionMan
06-10-2010, 04:10 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/ncf/news/story?id=5272615

Finally they caught up with USC.:D

dmminfla
06-10-2010, 05:15 PM
It's not a MC but it looks like he and his family are in to the game!

http://www.nautiques.com/videos/index/university-of-florida-s-head-football-coach-urban-meyer

captain planet
07-21-2010, 12:49 PM
Has anyone noticed the Pac10-Big11-Big12 merger.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncaa/news/story?id=5251329

This did fall through, correct? I kind of lost track of this over the summer with the World Cup going on.

Anybody here get Sports Illustrated? Has the College Football Preview issue been issued yet?

shepherd
07-21-2010, 06:28 PM
It's not a MC but it looks like he and his family are in to the game!

http://www.nautiques.com/videos/index/university-of-florida-s-head-football-coach-urban-meyer

Think he got a free boat out of the deal? :)

ttu
07-21-2010, 06:43 PM
This did fall through, correct? I kind of lost track of this over the summer with the World Cup going on.

Anybody here get Sports Illustrated? Has the College Football Preview issue been issued yet?

you were watching the world cup?:rolleyes: i didn't think anyone watched after usa got beat!

yes fell thru! the big 12 is now the only 10 after this season. nebraska to big 10 and the buffs to pac 10.

so the question is what is the big 10 going to start calling itself, along with the former big 12 now only 10 and the pac 10 gained another!:confused:

mgurley
07-21-2010, 08:24 PM
Can't wait for the season to start...good luck to everyone and ROLL TIDE!!

TX.X-30 fan
07-21-2010, 08:28 PM
Can ModX delete this thread too...................

captain planet
07-22-2010, 06:12 AM
you were watching the world cup?:rolleyes: i didn't think anyone watched after usa got beat!

yes fell thru! the big 12 is now the only 10 after this season. nebraska to big 10 and the buffs to pac 10.

so the question is what is the big 10 going to start calling itself, along with the former big 12 now only 10 and the pac 10 gained another!:confused:

Yea, I watched as much as I could even after USA got beat. I've been playing soccer since I was 8 years old and started back playing indoor this winter. (que the offbeat comment by TX-X 30 here)
:rolleyes:
Anyway, I heard a bunch about this and then the story kind of died. Thanks for the clarification.

captain planet
07-23-2010, 02:01 PM
:wavey:I just wanted to get things rolling! 8p

Hi Steve!!

KnoxX2
07-23-2010, 07:46 PM
Funny!!!!!!

My Gators play them this year!!

Footin
07-23-2010, 07:52 PM
Funny!!!!!!

My Gators play them this year!!

That game will kill me, who do I want to lose worse.

Maristar210
07-23-2010, 08:00 PM
CP and Footin' please *****************

Tried and true - lets go blue....

Yeah we suck but I am here in good times and bad....

Footin
07-23-2010, 08:18 PM
Think Rich Rod will make thru the end of the year?

JohnE
07-23-2010, 08:28 PM
Can ModX delete this thread too...................

Ha. :D I was thinking the same thing just reading this. Or more like 'this is one of the old and good threads', but you know what I mean.