PDA

View Full Version : Official: "Its College Football Season" Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30

captain planet
09-08-2008, 10:41 AM
Someone's team (mine) needs to get their heads out of their...

This comment to an article about sums it up:

"...the Bucks still won against a fired up ,Coached up hungry team.I am becoming more and more displeased with the lack of coaching with emaotion and lack of Senior leadership we continue to get from our Buckeyes. There is little doubt that the talent level is the best or second best in the country nearly every year,but we keep underacheiving. Hopefully the guys in the laundry room will be able to wash all the #### out of the uniforms the the Ohio team kick out of our Buckeyes before they go to USC. I will be there for the game and I expect to see them play to their potential or above. If a second rate coach like Solich and his crew can coach up a team of athletes the caliber of mid level MAC players to hand us our buts,then I expect our High Paid staff to exceed that effort by getting them ready and excell at game day coaching. Nothing eles is acceptable for the caliber players we have. I am sick of being embarrassed ..."

If that team shows up this Saturday, it's gonna be ugly...:mad:

Congrats to ECU!

Amen brother. These guys were looking ahead, but that is no excuse.

In the words of a buddy of mine, "there might be a bunch of crying and swearing next Saturday night unless these guys get their heads unlodged from thier *****."

HUGE CONGRATS TO ECU. That is great. Love to see stuff like that. ;)

Jimmauburn
09-08-2008, 11:22 AM
Okay so Swank won a game that should have been over much earlier in the game considering Wake is #20 and were playing a lackluster Ole Miss team that really should have won considering the way they played. The ACC is not a deep conference and is not a threat at all to the bigger conferences (SEC, BIG 10,etc.) I am really ready to see how the ACC is going to do this year against top rate teams who are ranked and are not in a building year like the Rebels are !!!!

P-hat_in_Cincy
09-13-2008, 11:55 PM
I'm sorry America...

I'm sorry for a coaching staff so bull-headed that they cannot see that playing for field goals doesn't win you championships.

I'm sorry for a coaching staff that cannot see the same thing that +1million people in this country can see...that our starting QB telegraphs every friggin' throw.

I'm sorry for a coaching staff that doesn't play their talent, but plays their loyalty to senior players.

I'm sorry for a coaching staff that is teaching their kids, thru their play calling, that they don't have a chance to win against the 'big boys'.

I'm sorry...for those of you in America that wasted your time to see OSU embarrass itself yet again.

Please...don't rate us in the pre-season top 25 anymore. Make us earn it...like an ECU.

The coaching staff should appologize to our sure 2008 NFL first round draft picks, that came back, for their p!ss poor coaching.

Congrats to USC! You have a great team! I wish we could have given you a game...

Don't get me wrong...I love our team and the kids that play on it. I just wish our coaching staff would give them a chance on the big stage.

Sodar
09-14-2008, 12:38 AM
I am not in the mood to get in a debate, but FIGHT ON! That was a HELL of a game tonight! Our boys went out there and handled it.

Maristar210
09-14-2008, 07:32 AM
That was an old fashioned *** whooping by USC. Similar to the one Michigan got. :mad:

Big Ten talent is not on par to say the least. I did not like the finger pointing by the d' backs for the Bcuks and Wolves both

tex
09-14-2008, 07:50 AM
I'm sorry America...

I'm sorry for a coaching staff so bull-headed that they cannot see that playing for field goals doesn't win you championships.

I'm sorry for a coaching staff that cannot see the same thing that +1million people in this country can see...that our starting QB telegraphs every friggin' throw.

I'm sorry for a coaching staff that doesn't play their talent, but plays their loyalty to senior players.

I'm sorry for a coaching staff that is teaching their kids, thru their play calling, that they don't have a chance to win against the 'big boys'.

I'm sorry...for those of you in America that wasted your time to see OSU embarrass itself yet again.

Please...don't rate us in the pre-season top 25 anymore. Make us earn it...like an ECU.

The coaching staff should appologize to our sure 2008 NFL first round draft picks, that came back, for their p!ss poor coaching.

Congrats to USC! You have a great team! I wish we could have given you a game...

Don't get me wrong...I love our team and the kids that play on it. I just wish our coaching staff would give them a chance on the big stage.

Wow-You don't normally get that kind of honesty from an Ohio State fan! Way to go Phat!

BIGBADBLUE
09-14-2008, 09:25 AM
Wow-You don't normally get that kind of honesty from an Ohio State fan! Way to go Phat!

Nor that clear, well thought out and consise ... OSU is not that bad, USC is just awesome.

OSU will kick the crap out of my pathetic team this year so there will be little smack talking out of this camp.

I have to admit that I love to see the sweater vest get thumped. He does seem to choke in the big games. They need to pay TP ... he is the best chance and future. He looked pretty good at times.

atlfootr
09-14-2008, 09:52 AM
We'll see, if your 'ole man Swank can hang in 2 weeks :rolleyes:
Another WIN :D

Footin
09-14-2008, 10:31 AM
I'm sorry America...

All I can say as another loyal Buckeye fan is "Ditto"

ShamrockIV
09-14-2008, 06:50 PM
glad you guys are taking it so good.

that was a butt whooping!!!

did i mention UT plays the gators next weekend?????? :(

and how can georgia win and drop 2 weeks in a row???

i also want to commend ECU you go boys!!!!!!!

TMCNo1
09-14-2008, 07:47 PM
Originally Posted by atlfootr http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/mc2009/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?p=537818#post537818)
Another WIN :D

They didn't win over Wake Forest, but Chattanooga!

ShamrockIV
09-14-2008, 07:55 PM
Originally Posted by atlfootr http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/mc2009/images/buttons/viewpost.gif (http://www.mastercraft.com/teamtalk/showthread.php?p=537818#post537818)

They didn't win over Wake Forest, but Chattanooga!

hey #1 can u name me the NFL star that went to UT Chattanooga???????????

Jimmauburn
09-14-2008, 07:57 PM
Hey Harold I got you on this one.... Terrell Owens

ShamrockIV
09-14-2008, 07:58 PM
good one jimma. who would have thunk it!!!!
T.O. was a moc!!

Jimmauburn
09-14-2008, 08:01 PM
Yeah he is a very cocky one but he really can be a good player sometimes !!!

PointTaken
09-14-2008, 09:05 PM
I'm sorry America...

Wow! Pretty brutal...honest maybe...but brutal.

P-hat_in_Cincy
09-15-2008, 08:59 AM
Wow! Pretty brutal...honest maybe...but brutal.

Maybe so, but the fallout is confirming much of what I posted. For example, the starting QB and some offensive lineman didn't know/were suprised that they rotated Pryor (2nd string QB) WITHIN a series. Why would a coaching staff not communicate that to the offense in advance, but let the media know? Why would they introduce that confusion within a game?

The team is learning to accept losing to the 'big boys'. Alex Boone said he went in at halftime and everyone was hanging their heads and not saying anything. They were accepting defeat. They showed no pride, no emotion in wanting to fight their way back. It was the 'here we go again' acceptance of the situation.

Predictability: USC says that OSU did everthing they practiced for/against...everything OSU did (offensively and defensively), USC saw on film. OSU didn't bring anything new to the table.

Q: What's the common denominator??? A: Coaching.

It may be brutal, but the Scarlett colored glasses need to (and are) come off with this coaching staff. Columbus and most of the Buckeye nation are in an uproar over another national embarrassment.

Again...I love my Buckeyes and the kids that play for them. Overall, other than the (costly) mental mistakes (which even pros make), they are not the major blame here.

LakePirate
09-15-2008, 09:27 AM
For your wounds.

PointTaken
09-15-2008, 10:03 AM
Maybe so, but the fallout is confirming much of what I posted. For example, the starting QB and some offensive lineman didn't know/were suprised that they rotated Pryor (2nd string QB) WITHIN a series. Why would a coaching staff not communicate that to the offense in advance, but let the media know? Why would they introduce that confusion within a game?

The team is learning to accept losing to the 'big boys'. Alex Boone said he went in at halftime and everyone was hanging their heads and not saying anything. They were accepting defeat. They showed no pride, no emotion in wanting to fight their way back. It was the 'here we go again' acceptance of the situation.

Predictability: USC says that OSU did everthing they practiced for/against...everything OSU did (offensively and defensively), USC saw on film. OSU didn't bring anything new to the table.

It may be brutal, but the Scarlett colored glasses need to (and are) come off with this coaching staff. Columbus and most of the Buckeye nation are in an uproar over another national embarrassment.

Again...I love my Buckeyes and the kids that play for them. Overall, other than the (costly) mental mistakes (which even pros make), they are not the major blame here.
I agree. Be curious to see when Pryor takes over the starting QB job. I would hope it wouldn't be long.

damaged442
09-15-2008, 10:08 AM
Anyone waste their time and check out Penn State in Syracuse over the weekend? I believe the final damage was 55-13. This was with all Penn State starters benched by the second half. There were over 20,000 Penn State fans in the Carrier Dome for the game. The Cuse fans that were there...most had bags on their heads. Any recommendations of how to build a reputable football program, please get in contact with coach Greg Robinson, provided he'll still be the coach much longer. HeeeeeeeeellllllllllpppppppP!!!!! :cry:

captain planet
09-15-2008, 12:11 PM

P-hat, I'm with all of what you have posted here. I feel sorry for the players that came back this year, the coaching staff gave them no chance on Saturday just like they gave them no chance against LSU in January.

For the record, I have never liked Boekman. The fact they did as good as they did last season with him running the offense was real lucky. He is good every game for 1 dying goose of a pass that is up for grabs. I would hope we have seen the last of Boeckman, but that isn't going to happen.

This last showing did something to me as a fan. Never before in the Jim Tressel era have I not had confidence in the team. During the entire cooper era I never once had confidence in the Buckeyes....not once. I always knew cooper would find a way to loose the big game....and he always did. Every year going into michigan I figured we would loose and every bowl game I knew we would loose.

When Tressel came to town, that all changed. I haven't been scared of michigan for 8 years now (that won't change by the way), and I knew we would win the bowl games. When something wasn't working right in a game, you knew after halftime adjustments would be made. Not anymore. Where did that go????:confused:

So I sit here as a confused fan wondering what happened to my team/coaches. Is cooper hanging around somewhere???

TX.X-30 fan
09-15-2008, 12:41 PM
Did O-H-I-O loose?? :D

captain planet
09-15-2008, 12:42 PM
Did O-H-I-O loose?? :D

Padding your post count again I see TX.

P-hat_in_Cincy
09-15-2008, 12:50 PM
So I sit here as a confused fan wondering what happened to my team/coaches. Is cooper hanging around somewhere???

I believe Cooper and Bruce traveled to the game...seriously. :o

This team has tons of talent, but the lack of creative gameplanning and adaptation by the coaching staff has killed the pyshe of this team in the big games.

Kudos to Boone for stepping away from Tressel talk and speaking his mind. This team needs to get a 'no-mercy' attitude and smack people in the mouth...like WOODY would have it.

TX.X...if you consider mommy yankin' your pants down, bending you over her knee, and spanking the h@ll out of you "losing"...um, yeah! :D

TX.X-30 fan
09-15-2008, 02:12 PM
Padding your post count again I see TX.

I lost a few of my stirring political commentaries last week. So yes. :D

TX.X-30 fan
09-15-2008, 02:14 PM
TX.X...if you consider mommy yankin' your pants down, bending you over her knee, and spanking the h@ll out of you "losing"...um, yeah! :D

Stop-it I'm starting to blush. 8p

atlfootr
09-15-2008, 08:31 PM
We'll see, if your 'ole man Swank can hang in 2 weeks :rolleyes: Meant 3 not 2 :o

LakePirate
09-15-2008, 10:32 PM
Can we change the name of this thread to The Cooper Years - discussed in every 3rd post?

KnoxX2
09-15-2008, 10:33 PM
LP you ready for a but woopin this weekend?

LakePirate
09-15-2008, 10:37 PM
LP you ready for a but woopin this weekend?

There is no doubt - I am making plans for the second half - to be somewhere else.

Can you clowns do us a favor - knock Crompton out of my misery.

KnoxX2
09-15-2008, 10:41 PM
There is no doubt - I am making plans for the second half - to be somewhere else.

Can you clowns do us a favor - knock Crompton out of my misery.

Consider it done.:D

TexasMC230
09-16-2008, 10:17 AM
Ok football fans how about some NFL fantasy football I know 2 weeks into season but why not.
Yahoo league
League ID#: 691948
League Name: Mastercraft Fantasy League
Password: teamtalk

VOLFAN
09-16-2008, 02:55 PM
Anyone going to the TN / Florida game this Saturday? If so let me know and we can have a cold beverage before kick off.

SkiDog
09-16-2008, 02:59 PM
Go VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VOLFAN
09-16-2008, 03:01 PM

:D

It is going to be a long day, but I will be there cheering for them. If they provide me anything to cheer for.

wsrobert
09-16-2008, 05:33 PM
I think the LSU / Auburn game is gonna be the one to watch!!!

trickskier
09-16-2008, 10:11 PM

So what High School Team is jawga playing this weekend??? 8p

mlay
09-16-2008, 10:29 PM
I believe Arizona State, don't worry though, we play our favorite team Nov 1st. Keeping it light...

LakePirate
09-17-2008, 12:10 AM
I believe Arizona State, don't worry though, we play our favorite team Nov 1st. Keeping it light...

Keeping it light?

3 games - 3 weeks - dropped 3 spots

Go Eagles! - Of the Georgia Southern Variety.

ULMboarder
09-17-2008, 01:22 AM
LSU auburn is gonna be the one to watch. them tigers are gonna shut the wannabe tigers up with a defense thats twice as good as miss st.'s. Auburn aint even gonna know what hit em.

captain planet
09-17-2008, 08:43 AM
Not to deflect from the arse whipping that OSU suffered this weekend, but did anyone else notice what a rough weekend the PAC-10 had?? Wow that conference is bad, USC aside. They might give the Big East a run for the worst of the major conferences.

damaged442
09-17-2008, 11:39 AM
Not to deflect from the arse whipping that OSU suffered this weekend, but did anyone else notice what a rough weekend the PAC-10 had?? Wow that conference is bad, USC aside. They might give the Big East a run for the worst of the major conferences.

I don't know about that! I don't think anyone can touch the Big East in that category. We definitely own "the worst of the major conferences" title. Between Rutgers, Pitt, UConn, and the Cuse, it does not look good...even with beer goggles. Come on! Our fans are wearing bags on their heads!!! Oh well, at least the Big East has basketball!

Bruce
09-18-2008, 04:43 PM
LSU auburn is gonna be the one to watch. them tigers are gonna shut the wannabe tigers up with a defense thats twice as good as miss st.'s. Auburn aint even gonna know what hit em.

NOT! WAR EAGLE!

lanier92prostar
09-20-2008, 01:39 PM

Auburn must not have any offense from what I am seeing today. 21-0 GT at halftime with a 2nd string QB. Mississippi state defense doesn't look very good to me.

BIGBADBLUE
09-21-2008, 09:46 AM
A great weekend for UM ... we did not lose. I was not grumpy after the game. What a great feeling!!!

Now next weekend when we get whooped by Wisconsin that will be another story ... but I have 6 more days.

brat
09-21-2008, 11:11 AM
NOT! WAR EAGLE!

Care to eat your words now ????????????????????

trickskier
09-21-2008, 08:09 PM
GO GATORS!!!

Bruce
09-21-2008, 10:17 PM
Care to eat your words now ????????????????????

I responded to "Auburn ain"t even gonna know what hit em" It was a good game and hardly a run away. Check the score. When they are not playing Auburn I am a LSU fan. They were good but not great. By the way when was the last time LSU beat Auburn at home? And how many pts have thay scored on Auburn before yesterday in the last few years. Hardly feel I have any words to eat . Two SEC teams played a typical SEC game. I hope they both have a great season.

TX.X-30 fan
09-21-2008, 10:42 PM
I responded to "Auburn ain"t even gonna know what hit em" It was a good game and hardly a run away. Check the score. When they are not playing Auburn I am a LSU fan. They were good but not great. By the way when was the last time LSU beat Auburn at home? And how many pts have thay scored on Auburn before yesterday in the last few years. Hardly feel I have any words to eat . Two SEC teams played a typical SEC game. I hope they both have a great season.

I agree that brat can be a callous bastage. :D

atlfootr
09-22-2008, 09:57 AM
Got back last nite from Tallytown, after our :( loss to Wake Forest.
Lots of turnovers :mad: and many :( played mistakes -

One good thing came from it, I almost met up w/ mbeach :D
I took over 50 pic's and some video, only posted the best.

atlfootr
09-22-2008, 09:58 AM
Pre-Game Pictures

During the playing of the National Anthem on the screen, a fighter jet made a fly bye.

atlfootr
09-22-2008, 10:09 AM
Pre-Game ....

atlfootr
09-22-2008, 10:10 AM
some more ...

atlfootr
09-22-2008, 10:10 AM
Game Time :rolleyes:

VOLFAN
09-22-2008, 11:26 AM
GO GATORS!!!

I got you and Knox some pics from the game.... I actualy hung out with some cool Gator fans. I thought we might have given you guys a little more game, but I THOUGHT WRONG!

LakePirate
09-22-2008, 11:31 AM
I got you and Knox some pics from the game.... I actualy hung out with some cool Gator fans. I thought we might have given you guys a little more game, but I THOUGHT WRONG!

Were they wearing jean shorts?

Maristar210
09-22-2008, 12:15 PM
AtlFooter takespost ho-ing to a level never before seen by humans..

Maristar210
09-22-2008, 12:15 PM
wait .

Maristar210
09-22-2008, 12:16 PM
While .

Maristar210
09-22-2008, 12:17 PM
I .........

Maristar210
09-22-2008, 12:18 PM
go ..........

Maristar210
09-22-2008, 12:18 PM
get my camera

oh **** my wife has it ..........

Window cleaner aint a beverage. :D :wavey:

kycat2007
09-22-2008, 01:25 PM
Hey a big shout out to Vanderbilt for making the top 25 in the polls. I imagine it will be short lived because I think they have Auburn and a few other SEC teams coming up. But they have been so close to a six win season for so many years just to blow up and miss it. I hope the Cats can take them down this year but you can definitely tell the SEC teams are stepping it up a notch and competing better in their conference and non conference schedules.

TMCNo1
09-22-2008, 01:29 PM

Swank Leads Deacons Past Seminoles
Sept. 20, 2008
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) - Sam Swank kicked four field goals and No. 18 Wake Forest forced seven Florida State turnovers in running its winning streak over the 24th-ranked Seminoles to three games with a 12-3 victory Saturday night.

Did I miss something?
Little Ole Wake Forest,
Over Big Ole FSU,

TMCNo1
09-22-2008, 01:36 PM
get my camera

oh **** my wife has it ..........

Window cleaner aint a beverage.

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gifhttp://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_1_219.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=_undefined)http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_6.gif

http://www.smileycentral.com/sig.jsp?pc=[object Object]&pp=ZSYYYYYYYYUS (http://smiley.smileycentral.com/download/index.jhtml?partner=ZSzeb095_ZSYYYYYYYYUS&utm_id=7923)

kycat2007
09-22-2008, 03:36 PM
I remember when Florida State backed up the trash talk with butt whippins on the field. That has not happened for some years. I guess Bobby B is too old to get it done anymore. I think Papa Joe still has it from year to year up at Penn State though.

atlfootr
09-22-2008, 05:22 PM
Yeah Harold,

Your man Swank hung in there well, came through for WF when they needed him the most.
I heard that they have 3-5 possible NFL picks from either their offense / defensive line.
Understandable, after that performance ...

Dispirited as I maybe, I'll never give up on my NOLE'S :D

atlfootr
09-22-2008, 07:49 PM
Game pic's posted above ... best for last.

atlfootr
09-22-2008, 09:49 PM
I remember when Florida State backed up the trash talk with butt whippins on the field. That has not happened for some years.
I guess Bobby B is too old to get it done anymore.

I think Papa Joe still has it from year to year up at Penn State though.

Your certainly are entitled to your own opinion regarding Bobby and his age, but show a little more respect for the man.
Let the stats speak for themselves.
Bobby Bowden quotes (http://thinkexist.com/quotes/bobby_bowden/)
“I guess I'll retire someday if I live that long.”

http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/story/4465408

Sodar
09-22-2008, 10:02 PM
U S C .

TMCNo1
09-22-2008, 10:11 PM
What a novel idea, advertizing condoms at a college football game!http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_11_13.gif

mbeach
09-22-2008, 11:45 PM
Game Time :rolleyes:

good pics atl - wish outcome had been different. if i remember to take camera, will get some from colorado game in jax this weekend.

atlfootr
09-23-2008, 06:04 AM
thanks, hopefully they'll play better next weekend and you'll run into Trickskier while your there.

mbeach
09-24-2008, 10:10 PM
pmed tricks and we are going to try to catch up before game. are you coming?? if so, pm me and lets all 3 get together.

DemolitionMan
09-26-2008, 07:58 AM
U S C ?????????????

KnoxX2
09-26-2008, 08:05 AM
Where is Sodar............................

Any way that was a great game last night. I think USC thought the they were going to Kick OSU's but and they were not ready for the fight the OSU put up.

Sodar
09-26-2008, 10:48 AM
What do ya want? We were a bit off last night, I suppose. I figured stepping off a big win against Ohio and a bye-week, that we would have had smoked Oregon State... I guess not! This is what make sports interesting.... anything can happen!

Maristar210
09-26-2008, 11:13 AM
Tough one for USC Cameron...

lanier92prostar
09-26-2008, 12:16 PM
Good game though. Thought SC had a chance to tie until the poor throw at the end.

wakeX2wake
09-26-2008, 12:33 PM
there were a few USC calls in that game too that had me steamed:mad:... anyone else notice?

BIGBADBLUE
09-26-2008, 12:39 PM
I was stunned last night with the game. Those Rodgers kids are good ... either that or USC just had a REAL bad night tackling. Probably both.

Fun game to watch and I am really surprised that OSU hung on ... when they score those 2 touchdowns I thought it was over and USC would blow them out.

Good for OSU and their program.

trickskier
09-26-2008, 08:47 PM
I was stunned last night with the game. Those Rodgers kids are good ... either that or USC just had a REAL bad night tackling. Probably both.

Fun game to watch and I am really surprised that OSU hung on ... when they score those 2 touchdowns I thought it was over and USC would blow them out.

Good for OSU and their program.

Never mind

ShamrockIV
09-26-2008, 08:53 PM
yep too bad usc is out of the picture now. with such a weak schedule they can't withstand a early loss!!

watch the UGA v bama game!!! should be a good one!!

trickskier
09-26-2008, 10:18 PM
Roll Tide!!! :D

KnoxX2
09-27-2008, 08:29 AM
What do ya want? We were a bit off last night, I suppose. I figured stepping off a big win against Ohio and a bye-week, that we would have had smoked Oregon State... I guess not! This is what make sports interesting.... anything can happen!

KnoxX2
09-27-2008, 08:31 AM

Sorry for your loss ........... :rolleyes:8p

Go Gators!!!!

Footin
09-27-2008, 09:37 AM
Sorry for your loss ........... :rolleyes:8p

Go Gators!!!!

GO BUCKS!!!!!!!!!

I think Tricky is wearing my hat this weekend.

KnoxX2
09-27-2008, 09:39 AM
We dont worry about teams that were/are over rated!:rolleyes::D

As for the hat.......................dont worry it is in a safe place:cool:

BTW does Ohio have a football team anymore?8p

Footin
09-27-2008, 09:44 AM
Does Ohio have a team???????? Of course, we play Minnesota today.

Maybe Andy or Mrs Knox is sportin the OSU hat?????

KnoxX2
09-27-2008, 09:58 AM
Does Ohio have a team???????? Of course, we play Minnesota today.

Maybe Andy or Mrs Knox is sportin the OSU hat?????

Don't think so.......... but nice try:rolleyes::D

Footin
09-27-2008, 10:01 AM
Mrs Knox is a closet Buckeye fan, just ask her..........no don't bother, she'll probably just deny it.

Knox's_Better_half
09-27-2008, 10:12 AM
Mrs Knox is a closet Buckeye fan, just ask her..........no don't bother, she'll probably just deny it.

There is some static that I hear coming from a far less superior fan base..........
What on earth would make you think that I would be a Buckeye fan?? I am sure that it is tough for you though...most of your fan base is in the closet;)8p:D

BTW...... GO GATORS!!!!

atlfootr
09-27-2008, 11:08 AM
Hopefully they'll play better today, say hey to Trickskier while your there.

'82starsandstripes
09-27-2008, 12:00 PM

Go Dawgs Beat Bama

Footin
09-27-2008, 04:20 PM
Buckeyes looked good today.

HEY TRICKY, WHAT HAPPENED TO YOUR GATORS?????

ShamrockIV
09-27-2008, 04:30 PM
it's ok tricky it was just one loss!!!!

go gators!!! lol

shepherd
09-27-2008, 04:30 PM
USC............ouch

Florida................double ouch

TMCNo1
09-27-2008, 04:51 PM
Looks like those Mississippi people love gator meat!:rolleyes:

ShamrockIV
09-27-2008, 05:42 PM
Looks like those Mississippi people love gator meat!:rolleyes:

i think the gators are the ones that got given the meat!!! lol:D

lanier92prostar
09-27-2008, 08:58 PM
USC............ouch

Florida................double ouch

Georgia down 31 -0 in the 2nd quarter, triple ouch.

Jimmauburn
09-27-2008, 09:28 PM
OLE MISS REBELS STUN THE GATORS !!!!!! Looks like just another day in the SEC !!!!!!! Who else will fall this weekend...... Looks like uhhhh it might be GAWGA falling to the TIDE !!!!! ROLL TIDE ROLL......Just glad we squeaked by Tennessee because the Auburn Tigers offense looked TERRIBLE today !!

03 35th Anniversary
09-27-2008, 09:33 PM
OLE MISS REBELS STUN THE GATORS !!!!!! Looks like just another day in the SEC !!!!!!! Who else will fall this weekend...... Looks like uhhhh it might be GAWGA falling to the TIDE !!!!! ROLL TIDE ROLL......Just glad we squeaked by Tennessee because the Auburn Tigers offense looked TERRIBLE today !!

That cause it was the 3rd string lineup. :D I heard they are going to put Tennessee on some of the local high school schedules. 8p

kycat2007
09-27-2008, 10:06 PM
I think I heard 9 teams in the top 25 were beat today or this week.

trickskier
09-28-2008, 07:06 AM
Hopefully this is a wake-up call for the Gators........................Because if it isn't it's going to be a long season!!! 8p

When is Urban Myer going to learn that he has more than Tebow and Harvin on his team???

ShamrockIV
09-28-2008, 09:11 AM
When is Urban Myer going to learn that he has more than Tebow and Harvin on his team???

maybe after yesterday's debacle????

vandy is leading the SEC East for real now!!!!

Bama sure looked good!!!

shepherd
09-28-2008, 10:25 AM
I think I heard 9 teams in the top 25 were beat today or this week.

And on that note: Michigan beat Wisconsin! :toast:

DemolitionMan
09-29-2008, 10:45 AM
I have to say that Bama looks good. They have a great d line.

trickskier
09-29-2008, 11:07 AM
I have to say that Bama looks good. They have a great d line.

Their offense looked pretty strong too................;)

wakeX2wake
09-29-2008, 11:11 AM
Hopefully this is a wake-up call for the Gators........................Because if it isn't it's going to be a long season!!! 8p

i don't know tricky... i saw some stats comparing tebow from the this yr to last yr and he's getting significantly fewer touches for fewer yards... just a non UofF speaking here but if i were to be the guy in the box w/ the playstation controller calling plays... 90% of the plays got to tebow or percy harvin... they're BY far the best athletes on any field and tim tebow can hurt you w/ his legs as well as his arm and percy harvin is in position to get a pass almost every route he runs

and i hate alabama but they look good... JPW won't play that well all yr... if he does then he'll be the next jason campbell

lanier92prostar
09-29-2008, 12:04 PM
i don't know tricky... i saw some stats comparing tebow from the this yr to last yr and he's getting significantly fewer touches for fewer yards... just a non UofF speaking here but if i were to be the guy in the box w/ the playstation controller calling plays... 90% of the plays got to tebow or percy harvin... they're BY far the best athletes on any field and tim tebow can hurt you w/ his legs as well as his arm and percy harvin is in position to get a pass almost every route he runs

and i hate alabama but they look good... JPW won't play that well all yr... if he does then he'll be the next jason campbell

What I noticed is that other teams have athletes on defense and UF can't just go to harvin and Tebow all year. What happend to the running back that transfered from USC, he was non existant in the 2nd half. I have not seen the originality in the play calling this year. Same stuff as last year. Most SEC defenses can defend a game plan that they know is coming.

trickskier
09-29-2008, 12:36 PM

All I'm saying is Urban needs to spread the field a little more. He has a lot more tallent this year than he did last year. If Tebow and Harvin are 90% of Florida's offense then as a defensive coordinator I'm going to key in on those 2 and be right 90% of the time.

Everyone knew that last play was going to be Tebow off right tackle and Ole Miss stopped it..............;)

Latest Poll if anyone is interested:

1. Oklahoma (57)
2. LSU (1)
3. Missouri
4. Alabama (2)
5. Texas (1)
6. Penn State
7. Brigham Young
8. Texas Tech
9. Southern California
10. (tie) South Florida
10. (tie) Georgia
12. Ohio State
13. Florida
14. Auburn
15. Utah
16. Kansas
17. Wisconsin
18. Boise State
19. Vanderbilt
20. Oregon
21. Fresno State
22. Oklahoma State
23. Connecticut
24. Virginia Tech
25. Wake Forest

Florida State still not ranked.................:rolleyes:

lanier92prostar
09-29-2008, 12:40 PM
How is Auburn ranked 14? Beat a team 3-2 who everyone else is scoring 35 on and beat a Tenn team who is horrible at the moment? Their ranking must be based on their loss to Lsu.

kycat2007
09-29-2008, 12:45 PM
If you look at the schedules of Vandy and you see that they have a hard road coming up. They have started great but the football gods have them playing next at Auburn, then
Oct. 11 at Miss. State TBA
Oct. 18 at Georgia TBA
Oct. 25 Duke 2:00pm
Nov. 8 Florida TBA
Nov. 15 at Kentucky TBA
Nov. 22 Tennessee TBA
Nov. 29 at Wake Forest TBA

Auburn, Georgia, Florida, and Wake will probably all be losses and Miss St, Duke (decent so far this year), Kentucky, Tenn., are not easy games.

The SEC's bottom dwellers are getting better with better coaches and players. Kentucky has been to the Music City Bowl two years in a row and beat Clemson and Florida State. Three star recruits are being coached up by teams to at least compete with the fives and four star guys that Florida and Tenn have always gotten. Should be interesting this year and years to come.

ULMboarder
09-29-2008, 12:51 PM
i wouldnt worry about the ratings yet. they are so messed up. The coaches poll is the most accurate in my opinion. the AP rating is absolutely stupid. how did bama jump from #8 to #2. just cause they beat a iffy georgia team? Georgia has been overrated all season long. i can see a jump but over LSU and Mizzou? thats some stupid rankings.

captain planet
09-29-2008, 12:54 PM
All I'm saying is Urban needs to spread the field a little more. He has a lot more tallent this year than he did last year. If Tebow and Harvin are 90% of Florida's offense then as a defensive coordinator I'm going to key in on those 2 and be right 90% of the time.

Everyone knew that last play was going to be Tebow off right tackle and Ole Miss stopped it..............;)

1. Oklahoma (57)
2. LSU (1)
3. Missouri
4. Alabama (2)
5. Texas (1)
6. Penn State
7. Brigham Young
8. Texas Tech
9. Southern California
10. (tie) South Florida
10. (tie) Georgia
12. Ohio State
13. Florida
14. Auburn
15. Utah
16. Kansas
17. Wisconsin
18. Boise State
19. Vanderbilt
20. Oregon
21. Fresno State
22. Oklahoma State
23. Connecticut
24. Virginia Tech
25. Wake Forest

Tricky, I have to admit I couldn't wait to see southern michigan (aka florida) lose, but I didn't think it would come at the hands of Ole Miss. :confused:

What a wacky year in college football.

Oh, and what happened to the ECU Pirates? Talk about a let-down.

trickskier
09-29-2008, 01:32 PM
Tricky, I have to admit I couldn't wait to see southern michigan (aka florida) lose, but I didn't think it would come at the hands of Ole Miss. :confused:

What a wacky year in college football.

Oh, and what happened to the ECU Pirates? Talk about a let-down.

Florida hasn't been playing well at all this year. Tebow has missed a lot of wide open receivers. I hope this is their wake-up call..............8p

Wake Forest losing to Navy was a shocker to me.

ShamrockIV
09-29-2008, 01:59 PM
of course Vandy has a hard road ahead, they play in the SEC east!!!

at least College Gameday is coming to town this weekend!!!

Jimmauburn
09-29-2008, 02:17 PM
Yeah with Auburn going to Vandy this weekend my Auburn Tigers are going to have to step it up a notch or three again and play like we are capable of playing. We are not playing at our potential for sure !!!!! BUT YES we deserve to get a top 20 ranking.

ShamrockIV
09-29-2008, 02:24 PM
yeah u better step it up or vandy will whip u!!!

bobby johnson has done one hell of a job with that program!!!

Jimmauburn
09-29-2008, 02:28 PM
Yeah Vandy used to be one of those gimme games but I am glad to see them stepping up and getting strong again as another comeback SEC team.

atlfootr
09-29-2008, 08:22 PM

Thanks Trick .... now would you like me to pass the salt :o

atlfootr
10-01-2008, 09:11 PM
http://graphics.collegesports.com/graphics/teams/team-logo-fla.gif at
http://graphics.collegesports.com/graphics/teams/team-logo-fsu.gif
Date: Nov. 29, 2008
Time: TBA

Jimmauburn
10-02-2008, 09:57 AM
Ole Miss gonna be on the cover of Sports Illustrated !!!! Haven't seen anything like that uh since uh ummmm maybe back in the old days of Archie Manning ??

trickskier
10-03-2008, 09:18 AM
Authorities arrested Alabama head coach Nick Saban in the predawn hours Monday at his home in Tuscaloosa on animal cruelty charges. Saban, 56, was charged with 85 counts of animal cruelty in an alleged attack which occurred Saturday night in Athens, Georgia.

Police said that as many as 92,138 witnesses saw Saban and a large group of violent young men under his control hit, kick, crush and destroy a large pack of mostly-docile bulldogs. One officer was quoted as saying, "I haven't seen bulldogs treated this badly since the Michael Vick case."

40918 40919

Maristar210
10-03-2008, 12:36 PM
Da

Da

Da

Na
Na

Da

Da

Da

Na
Na

Da

Da

Da

Na
Na

Da Da Da

Lets Go Blue

captain planet
10-03-2008, 01:05 PM
15% OF THE UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN FOOTBALL TEAM HAS BEEN ARRESTED DURING THE PAST YEAR, WITH THAT IN MIND, THE JOKES ARE FLOWING ....

__________________________________________________ ______

A lady in Ann Arbor calls 911. Hysterically, she says,
'Someone's just broken into my house, and I think he's going to
rob me!'

The police officer says, 'Ma'm, we're really busy at the moment. Just get
the guy's jersey number and we'll get back to you.'

__________________________________________________ ______

Q: What is Rich Rodriguez's biggest concern?

A: Does the NCAA count bail money as a recruiting violation?

_______________________________________ ______________

Q: What do you call a drug ring in Ann Arbor?

A: A huddle

__________________________________________________ ___

Q: Four Michigan players are in a car, who's driving?

A: The police

__________________________________________________ __

Q: Why can't most of the U of M players get into a huddle on the field?

A: It is a parole violation to associate with known felons.

The University of Michigan team has adopted a new Honor System:

'Yes, your Honor; No, your Honor'.

______________________________________________ __________

The Wolverines are hoping for an undefeated season this year....

11 Arrests, 0 convictions.

__________________________________________________ ____

Q: How did the Wolverines spend the first week of Spring Training?

A: Studying their Miranda rights

captain planet
10-03-2008, 01:07 PM
I usually root for Wisconsin every week, however this weekend is the exception during the season.

GO BUCKS!!!

O - H - I - O

atlfootr
10-04-2008, 10:19 AM
http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1061%5C683719.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1061/697333.gif Florida State vs. Miami

Saturday, October 4th at 3:30 p.m. EST - Miami, Fl
Dolphin Stadium (76,500)

CBS

trickskier
10-04-2008, 10:20 AM
Florida State & Miami are playing today and...................
ESPN College Gameday is at Vanderbilt..............................Who would have ever thunk it!!! :rolleyes:

mbeach
10-04-2008, 11:58 AM
yo tricks and atl - will miss fsu-um kickoff and probably the end of game. hs reunion junk going on today. anyway, will lift one (or more) on behalf of our beloved noles. (i know tricks, you are a nole in training).

trickskier
10-04-2008, 12:15 PM
yo tricks and atl - will miss fsu-um kickoff and probably the end of game. hs reunion junk going on today. anyway, will lift one (or more) on behalf of our beloved noles. (i know tricks, you are a nole in training).

The transfusion is a lot harder than you think!!!.........................8p

No Skeez
10-04-2008, 12:47 PM
I usually root for Wisconsin every week, however this weekend is the exception during the season.

GO BUCKS!!!

O - H - I - O

Come on Captain!

When you WISCONSIN, you've said it all!

atlfootr
10-04-2008, 08:37 PM
http://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1061%5C683719.gifhttp://vmedia.rivals.com/uploads/1061/697333.gif
Florida State WINS Miami

41 ------------------- 39

trickskier
10-06-2008, 09:35 AM
This weeks Top 25:

1. Oklahoma
2. Missouri
3. LSU
4. Alabama
5. Texas
6. Penn State
7. Texas Tech
8. Brigham Young
9. Southern California
10. Georgia
11. Ohio State
12. Florida
13. Utah
14. Vanderbilt
15. Kansas
16. Boise State
17. Oklahoma State
18. Virginia Tech
19. Michigan State
20. South Florida
21. Wake Forest
22. Northwestern
23. Auburn
24. Wisconsin
25. California

Sorry footr................Noles still not ranked...............8p

Jimmauburn
10-06-2008, 10:02 AM
http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm81/metallicanite/auburn_tigers.jpg

Okay it is official my Auburn Tigers have a really great defense !!!!!!! BUT WE AIN'T GOT SH1T FOR AN OFFENSE !!!!!! SOMEONES HEAD NEEDS TO ROLL FOR THIS "SPREAD OFFENSE" !!!!!!!

BIGBADBLUE
10-06-2008, 10:27 AM
Attention everyone ... News Flash ... Michigan still stinks and this will not change for the foreseeable future. Just thought I would state the obvious on a good Monday morning.

captain planet
10-06-2008, 10:55 AM
Come on Captain!

When you WISCONSIN, you've said it all!

Hey, it was a pretty good game. I didn't think we would pull it out, especially on the last drive there were 3 fumbles! Plus they were taking their ol-sweet time.

Who does the schedules for the Badgers? Michigan, Ohio State, and Penn State back-to-back-to-back?!?!?! Talk about a gauntlet! :(

Hey fellow Buckeyes: Is it just me or do passes thrown by Pryor look like they are in slow motion? Man it looks like his passes have no zip on them. As long as they are complete to the good guys I don't care, but man they look slow.

Wake2wake
10-06-2008, 11:15 AM
sure is good to see Missouri back towards the top of that list!

ShamrockIV
10-06-2008, 12:41 PM
how bout them dores!!!!

we got 2 undefeated teams here in the music city!!!

atlfootr
10-06-2008, 03:41 PM
Sorry footr................Noles still not ranked...............8pNot overly concerned w/ rankings as long as they keep WINNING!

Go Nole's !

captain planet
10-06-2008, 03:55 PM
This weeks Top 25:

1. Oklahoma
2. Missouri
3. LSU
4. Alabama
5. Texas
6. Penn State
7. Texas Tech
8. Brigham Young
9. Southern California
10. Georgia
11. Ohio State
12. Florida
13. Utah
14. Vanderbilt
15. Kansas
16. Boise State
17. Oklahoma State
18. Virginia Tech
19. Michigan State
20. South Florida
21. Wake Forest
22. Northwestern
23. Auburn
24. Wisconsin
25. California

Sorry footr................Noles still not ranked...............8p

But the BUCKEYES are ranked ahead of the gay-tors. :D:D

trickskier
10-06-2008, 08:08 PM
But the BUCKEYES are ranked ahead of the gay-tors. :D:D

Keep talking the "SMACK" CP.........................8p

ShamrockIV
10-07-2008, 09:14 AM
oh i see how it is no love for the dores huh??????

music city sure looked good on gameday!!

p.s. Titans are kicking A$$ and taking names too!!!!!
hey footer how far are u from Tampa. i may need a place to crash for the Super Bowl!!!

Monte
10-08-2008, 12:47 PM
Holy cow!! UNC Football is ranked in the top 25...

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/rankingsindex

captain planet
10-08-2008, 04:45 PM
It didn't take Butch Davis very long to get them turned around.

I like the fact that they are going to be a good team......but I find it just a little difficult to take a team wearing powder blue seriously.

Monte
10-08-2008, 04:53 PM
It didn't take Butch Davis very long to get them turned around.

I like the fact that they are going to be a good team......but I find it just a little difficult to take a team wearing powder blue seriously.

Hey now! How can you tell that God is a Tarheel?

He painted the sky Carolina Blue;)

They just have a tendency to really stink at football:rolleyes: Thus the shock:confused:

Davis really is turning it around so far..

atlfootr
10-09-2008, 07:34 PM
GO NOLES !!!! ... Another WIN would be great !!!!

http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/fsu/graphics/fsuncstate.jpg (http://seminoles.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/08ncstate.html)

trickskier
10-09-2008, 08:48 PM
GO NOLES !!!! ... Another WIN would be great !!!!

http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/fsu/graphics/fsuncstate.jpg (http://seminoles.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/08ncstate.html)

You can't say things like that!!! As a MODERATOR you cannot have BIASED Opinions!!!! 8p

Footin
10-09-2008, 08:52 PM
He is a Gator Hater.

trickskier
10-09-2008, 09:10 PM
He is a Gator Hater.

And your not??? :rolleyes:

captain planet
10-10-2008, 11:01 AM
He is a Gator Hater.

Hey Footin, you misspelled it. It's gay-tor! 8p

Maristar210
10-11-2008, 11:48 AM
Great games today boys - enjoy them

My predictions

OU Blows OUT Tejas

Florida Gators also will get beat, badly. Sorry Rick :D

ShamrockIV
10-11-2008, 01:39 PM
Hey Footin, you misspelled it. It's gay-tor! 8p

that's funny right there!!!

hey ski-dawg, how bad are your dawgs gonna maul the vols today??

mlay
10-11-2008, 01:52 PM
And your not??? :rolleyes:

trickskier, I won't repeat it but I am actually rooting for you folks today/tonight.

east tx skier
10-11-2008, 08:05 PM
Great games today boys - enjoy them

My predictions

OU Blows OUT Tejas

Better get some new batteries for that crystal ball.

Hook 'em!!!!:headbang:

Gonzo
10-11-2008, 08:13 PM
And btw... in case you didnt know it, my pirates suck... but they are still my Pirates.

uawaterskier
10-11-2008, 09:32 PM
how auburn....how did them hogs treat ya?

trickskier
10-12-2008, 10:41 AM
Florida Gators also will get beat, badly. Sorry Rick :D

I'm not going to Vegas with you..........................8p

Maristar210
10-12-2008, 11:30 AM
I'm not going to Vegas with you..........................8p

I am glad the Gators won RIck. I don't like LSU but I thought they'd be too much

BIGBADBLUE
10-12-2008, 01:20 PM
Don't mind me ... I am just sitting here in depression hoping we do not lose all our recruits.

I actually think UT could beat us this year ... and that is sad!! Sorry sham.

ShamrockIV
10-12-2008, 01:23 PM
Don't mind me ... I am just sitting here in depression hoping we do not lose all our recruits.

I actually think UT could beat us this year ... and that is sad!! Sorry sham.

don't be sorry blue!! my titans are kickin butt!!

good thing i had a fellow TT'er from tuscaloosa send me a bama hat!!! ROLL TIDE!!

trickskier
10-12-2008, 05:22 PM
I am glad the Gators won RIck. I don't like LSU but I thought they'd be too much

The Gators were actually favored by 6 points....................."THE SWAMP" was electric Saturday Night!!! :D

trickskier
10-12-2008, 05:28 PM
Latest Poll -- Texas #1 -- Florida jumps to #7 after "CRUSHING" LSU..................:D

1. Texas (44)
2. Alabama (14)
3. Penn State (3)
4. Southern California
5. Texas Tech
6. Oklahoma
7. Florida
8. Brigham
9. Georgia
10. Oklahoma State
11. Ohio State
12. Missouri
13. Utah
14. LSU
15. Kansas
16. Boise State
17. Michigan State
18. Virginia Tech
19. Wake Forest
20. South Florida
21. North Carolina
22. California
23. Vanderbilt
24. TCU
25. Ball State

Doug G
10-12-2008, 08:00 PM
Latest Poll -- Texas #1 -- Florida jumps to #7 after "CRUSHING" LSU..................:D

1. Texas (44)
2. Alabama (14)
3. Penn State (3)
4. Southern California
5. Texas Tech
6. Oklahoma
7. Florida
8. Brigham
9. Georgia
10. Oklahoma State
11. Ohio State
12. Missouri
13. Utah
14. LSU
15. Kansas
16. Boise State
17. Michigan State
18. Virginia Tech
19. Wake Forest
20. South Florida
21. North Carolina
22. California
23. Vanderbilt
24. TCU
25. Ball State

nuff said ;)

TMCNo1
10-12-2008, 08:31 PM
Which poll, http://www.sportsline.com/collegefootball/polls, is right???????

trickskier
10-13-2008, 07:29 AM
nuff said ;)

Penn State is looking "REAL GOOD" Doug!!! I heard them say on College Game Day that this is one of the best teams Joe-Pa has had!!! :D

captain planet
10-13-2008, 11:22 AM
How is everyone doing today?:D:D

wakeX2wake
10-13-2008, 12:27 PM
limping CP... i'm limping

aremsing
10-13-2008, 01:23 PM
The Toledo logo hurts CP, I've got an open cut if you'd like to pour salt on it?

BIGBADBLUE
10-13-2008, 02:30 PM
CP - actually it does not even hurt anymore... I am TOTALLY knumb. I just hope PSU does not hang half a hundred on us this weekend. We have no chance with PSU or OSU this year. NONE!!!

You know it is REALLY bad when UM fans are looking forward to basketball season.

captain planet
10-13-2008, 02:54 PM
I have to say I just couldn't help myself. 8p I know it must suck to be in that position and I have a feeling that the way our offense, or lack thereof, is playing I may have to eat crow soon but.....I just couldn't pass up the opportunity. :rolleyes:

Tricky, you must have been drunk with excitment this weekend. Seems LSU is a little over-rated. Nice to see them take the plunge down to double digit ranking. Sorry, I'm still a little bitter. :rolleyes:

Jimmauburn
10-13-2008, 03:17 PM
Just when you thought "HEY THIS JUST CANNOT GET ANY WORSE CAN IT" and then OH SH1T it really does get worse !!!!!!!!! Guess my team is down and out for this year........ Stick a fork in us I think we are down for the count !!!!
http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e336/kit_kat_sweetie_24/thauburn_sucks2.gif
Well I guess there is always next year ??

Kevin Hickey
10-13-2008, 04:05 PM
Go PSU!! This is the year!

BIGBADBLUE
10-13-2008, 04:10 PM
Tommy Bowden fired today ... Clemson was preseason #8 correct?

lanier92prostar
10-13-2008, 04:18 PM
Tommy Bowden fired today ... Clemson was preseason #8 correct?

They never played up to expectations while he was there. Seemed to be outcoached in big games and the kids never seemed motivated.

Jimmauburn
10-13-2008, 05:03 PM
I think everyone needs to look for Will Muschamp to be a NEW Head Coach in the very near future and would be a really good fit for Clemson. He knows the game front to back and you wanna talk about motivating some kids.... HE is the defensive coach this year for Texas (Yes the ones who dropped Oklahoma this weekend) and was Auburn's defensive coach last year. I vote for him as the next NEW Head Coach !!!!!!!

wakeX2wake
10-24-2008, 11:12 AM
did ANY one watch the Auburn WV game last night?...

i think tubbs is looking for a ticket to the door at the end of the season... NOW... i'm not a fan of being a Monday Quarterback (or in this case a Friday Head Coach) but we had the ball at midfield w/ 6 mins left in the game and we're down by 2 scores do you not HAVE to go for it on 4th and 4? or better this... i think he was pulling some Les Miles clock management here b/c he ENDED THE GAME w/ all 3 second half time outs... i'm no clock management expert but in order to give your team the best chance of winning do you not stop the clock and get a decent play out there while giving your guys a chance to catch their breath?

from what i saw last night Tubberville threw that game

atlfootr
10-24-2008, 01:59 PM
Tommy Bowden fired today ...

At least they could of waited 'til AFTER he played his dad's team, Nov 08' 08 in Tallahassee :rolleyes:

11/08/08 FSU vs. Clemson Tallahassee, Fla.

VOLFAN
10-24-2008, 03:29 PM
Looks like I am going to have two extra tickets for the UT / Bama game this weekend. If anyoen is iterested shoot me PM. I can meet ya at the game. They are in North Endzone Z11 30 rows up.

captain planet
10-24-2008, 04:02 PM
did ANY one watch the Auburn WV game last night?...

So I'm just throwing a stone at a hornets nest here.....but.....I thought the SEC was supposed to be THE conference of ALL conferences, yet WV beats Auburn. :confused:

P-hat_in_Cincy
10-25-2008, 11:15 PM
Congrats to Penn State. Send Joe Pa out on a high note and bring some respect back to the Big Ten.

Looks like it's shaping up to be OSU vs. USC rematch in the Rose Bowl.

captain planet
10-27-2008, 11:52 AM
Congrats Nittany Lions and Joe Pa. May you go on to win the BCS Championship and bring back much due respect to the Big 10.

.....now as those of us that live in Ohio are used to saying......."Wait till next year!"

TX.X-30 fan
10-27-2008, 12:02 PM
We are not waiting for next year. :D

trickskier
10-30-2008, 09:37 PM
World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party This Weekend In Jacksonville..............:D :toast::friday:

GO GATORS!!!

wakeX2wake
10-31-2008, 06:42 AM
So I'm just throwing a stone at a hornets nest here.....but.....I thought the SEC was supposed to be THE conference of ALL conferences, yet WV beats Auburn. :confused:

i say congrats to WV... we smoked 'em in the first half and did nothing w/ them in the second... i know i heard Scott Van Pelts rant on ESPN radio about how dumb Auburn would be to fire Tubbs... I only offer this... how can a coach and his staff say they're giving 100% and trying to put their team in the best possible situation to win the game when you lose a game by 2 scores and you still manage to have all 3 timeouts on the board when the game's over?... A 12 YR OLD PLAYING NCAA 09 KNOWS THIS

trickskier
11-02-2008, 07:12 AM
The Scoreboard says it all TOTAL D-O-M-I-N-A-T-I-O-N!!! :D

trickskier
11-02-2008, 07:17 AM
Tebow in for a TD.....................:D

A little fun before the game................:toast::dance:

And Celebration after the game..................:D

trickskier
11-02-2008, 02:32 PM
Latest Top 25:

1. Alabama
2. Penn State
3. Texas Tech
4. Oklahoma
5. Florida GO GATORS!!! :dance:
6. Southern California
7. Texas
8. Oklahoma State
9. Utah
10. Boise State
11. TCU
12. Ohio State
13. Missouri
14. Georgia
15. LSU
16. Brigham Young
17. Michigan State
18. Ball State
19. North Carolina
20. Georgia Tech
21. Maryland
22. California
23. West Virginia
24. Florida State
25. Northwestern

Doug G
11-02-2008, 02:40 PM
Latest Top 25:

1. Alabama
2. Penn State (JoePa for Prez!)
3. Texas Tech
4. Oklahoma
5. Florida GO GATORS!!! :noface:
6. Southern California
7. Texas
8. Oklahoma State
9. Utah
10. Boise State
11. TCU
12. Ohio State
13. Missouri
14. Georgia
15. LSU
16. Brigham Young
17. Michigan State
18. Ball State
19. North Carolina
20. Georgia Tech
21. Maryland
22. California
23. West Virginia
24. Florida State
25. Northwestern

trickskier
11-02-2008, 02:41 PM

Funny Doug...................:D

Doug G
11-02-2008, 02:44 PM
Can't believe you would be so honest and put the gators in pink ... too much gator p1$$ ?

Maristar210
11-02-2008, 02:46 PM
My Wolerines are almost as bad as the Lions

trickskier
11-02-2008, 02:48 PM
Can't believe you would be so honest and put the gators in pink ... too much gator p1$$ ?

I'm hoping the Gators get a chance at your PINK PUSSYCATS for the National Championship ................:D

Doug G
11-02-2008, 02:48 PM
I would be nice if JoePa could go out with one last championship though

trickskier
11-02-2008, 02:49 PM
My Wolerines are almost as bad as the Lions

Fear not Steve...............There's always next year................;)

Doug G
11-02-2008, 02:50 PM
I'm hoping the Gators get a chance at your PINK PUSSYCATS for the National Championship ................:D

We should be so luck to have it that easy ;)

trickskier
11-02-2008, 02:51 PM

Careful what you wish for................Penn State has never beaten FLORIDA..............:D

Doug G
11-02-2008, 02:53 PM
We don't need to let a litttle thing like history get in the way now do we

trickskier
11-02-2008, 02:58 PM
We don't need to let a litttle thing like history get in the way now do we

No, but I like the odds...............;)

ShamrockIV
11-03-2008, 08:06 AM

call "THE" Ohio State and ask them how easy those SEC Teams are to beat.

be nice to see BAMA and Gators both make it!!! SEC title game is gonna be best game of the year!! can they just award the title after it??? save the wait.

trickskier
11-03-2008, 08:30 AM
call "THE" Ohio State and ask them how easy those SEC Teams are to beat.

Penn State Would NOT be undefeated if they had to play in the SEC...........:D

ShamrockIV
11-03-2008, 10:48 AM
Penn State Would NOT be undefeated if they had to play in the SEC...........:D

thanks cpt obvious!!!!!! lol

hey tricky u seen the line on ur gators this weekend??

trickskier
11-03-2008, 11:07 AM
thanks cpt obvious!!!!!! lol

hey tricky u seen the line on ur gators this weekend??

Not on USA Today yet.

captain planet
11-03-2008, 11:08 AM
Penn St. is getting robbed by the BCS....#3. :confused:

No matter, Texas Tech will not get by Ok State and Oklahoma and then Penn State will be #2 (or #1) and Joe Pa will get one more shot.

trickskier
11-03-2008, 11:11 AM
Penn St. is getting robbed by the BCS....#3. :confused:

No matter, Texas Tech will not get by Ok State and Oklahoma and then Penn State will be #2 (or #1) and Joe Pa will get one more shot.

Doesn't really matter CP......... "IF" they make it to the National Championship they will lose to the SEC Team................;)

captain planet
11-03-2008, 11:31 AM
Doesn't really matter CP......... "IF" they make it to the National Championship they will lose to the SEC Team................;)

"the SEC team?" You act is if that is a foregone conclusion. :rolleyes:

ShamrockIV
11-03-2008, 11:43 AM
Not on USA Today yet.

it is 24.5 tricky

SkiDog
11-03-2008, 11:46 AM

It is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ShamrockIV
11-03-2008, 11:48 AM

seriously??

man have u watched any games this year???? if so u would know that bama and the gators are tough!!

ShamrockIV
11-03-2008, 11:55 AM
It is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i must agree with the dog.

bro gators treated ya'll rough!!!!

UT is taking coaching applicatons, u guys know anyone?

Monte
11-03-2008, 01:58 PM
I bet nobody caught my Appy's taking down their big conference and division rivals Saturday night 70-24

lanier92prostar
11-03-2008, 02:25 PM
Hey Sham, who is the new coach at UT gonna be?

Monte, I caught a little of the game. Looks like they are peaking at the right time for another run at the national championship!

trickskier
11-03-2008, 02:35 PM

I'll bet on it........................:D

trickskier
11-03-2008, 02:37 PM
UT is taking coaching applicatons, u guys know anyone?

SPURRIER..........................:D

Doug G
11-03-2008, 03:01 PM
SEC Elitists !!! I only wish the gators were good enough to play Penn State for the championship so we could have some fun betting on it. ;)

trickskier
11-03-2008, 03:05 PM
SEC Elitists !!! I only wish the gators were good enough to play Penn State for the championship so we could have some fun betting on it. ;)

I wish the Gators played in the Big Ten (11) it would be a Cake Walk to the National Championship Game every year!!! 41829

An SEC Team will be in the National Championship Game..................Bank on it!!! :D

Doug G
11-03-2008, 03:21 PM
I wish the Gators played in the Big Ten (11) it would be a Cake Walk to the National Championship Game every year!!! 41829

An SEC Team will be in the National Championship Game..................Bank on it!!! :D

It's true the mind is the 2nd thing to go. Poor Mrs. Tricky, has to live with a delusional man hanging on to fantasies in his golden years. 8p

trickskier
11-03-2008, 03:29 PM
It's true the mind is the 2nd thing to go. Poor Mrs. Tricky, has to live with a delusional man hanging on to fantasies in his golden years. 8p

Well, at least she still loves me......................:D

captain planet
11-03-2008, 03:55 PM

I can't wait for Penn State to show the SEC what football is all about.....assuming that T.Tech doesn't run the table and have to play Penn State. :rolleyes:

ttu
11-03-2008, 03:57 PM
I can't wait for Penn State to show the SEC what football is all about.....assuming that T.Tech doesn't run the table and have to play Penn State. :rolleyes:

i don't think tech is going to run the table. they have my pokes this weekend and then ou soon after that.

trickskier
11-03-2008, 04:03 PM
Since Ohio State can't?!?! 41831

captain planet
11-03-2008, 04:24 PM

It's a seasonal quote Tricky. This season, Penn State is the team to beat in the Big 10 and since I can't stand the sec, it will be Joe Pa going out in style........and yes since it would appear that Ohio State couldn't last year.....or the year before that.:o:(....but at least we were there. :rolleyes: Wasn't florida (aka "southern michigan") getting beat by michigan last year during bowl season???

SkiDog
11-03-2008, 04:29 PM
My money would be on Fla. to beat ANYBODY in college football today! Including Penn St! IF they play like they did Sat.

captain planet
11-03-2008, 04:40 PM
My money would be on Fla. to beat ANYBODY in college football today! Including Penn St! IF they play like they did Sat.

....and my money would have been on Ohio State to beat "southern michigan" in 2007, IF they played the way they played the rest of the season, but in the words of Chris Berman (quoting Howard Cosell), "That's why they play the games".

Footin
11-03-2008, 05:41 PM

OUCH!!!!!!!!!!

Why didn't you wear your Ohio State hat to the game?

Doug G
11-03-2008, 05:59 PM
Hey if the phillies can win the world series, JoePa can have his going away title !

ShamrockIV
11-03-2008, 08:43 PM
Funny Captain Planet is a Penn State fan now?? thought he was one of theose ohio state flunkies!!

gators are playing the best right now. i sure wish i had a ticket to the game in atlanta!! it WILL be the best game of the year!!

Doug G
11-03-2008, 08:45 PM
Easy there shamwow... back away from the kool aid.

ShamrockIV
11-03-2008, 08:45 PM

also tech will not win the table. no way penn state couls beat UF or BAMA right now. I would take either LSU or dogs UGA team over them right now!!

ShamrockIV
11-03-2008, 08:46 PM
Easy there shamwow... back away from the kool aid.

keep drinking Joe Pa's geritol doug. u might try giving it to the nittany kittens. they will need it!!! ask the buckeyes about SEC speed!!

ShamrockIV
11-03-2008, 08:47 PM
SPURRIER..........................:D

we can only hope!!! u better wish against it tricky!!!

Doug G
11-03-2008, 08:57 PM
keep drinking Joe Pa's geritol doug. u might try giving it to the nittany kittens. they will need it!!! ask the buckeyes about SEC speed!!

Yup tree nuts are a good guage of speed ...

ShamrockIV
11-04-2008, 09:30 AM
Yup tree nuts are a good guage of speed ...

guage?????????????

trickskier
11-04-2008, 09:36 AM
Hey Doug your pink pussycats have really played an impressive schedule so far...........8p

6 teams with a losing schedule and only 3 with a winning schedule.................8p

Like I said, I wish the Gators played in the Big Ten (11).........What a Cake Walk!!!.........:rolleyes:;)

2008 Schedule/Results

Coastal Carolina 4-5

Oregon St. 5-3

Syracuse 2-6

Temple 3-6

Illinois 5-4

Purdue 3-6

Wisconsin 4-5

Michigan 2-7

Ohio St. 7-2

The teams Penn St. has played so for have a total win/loss record of 35-44!!!

Left on their schedule:

Iowa 5-4

Indiana 3-6

Michigan St. 8-2

ShamrockIV
11-04-2008, 09:43 AM
no conference title game for them tricky????

that is a benefit for the SEC most years but it may prevent the game we need to see for the national title!!! Bama v Gators

trickskier
11-04-2008, 09:51 AM
no conference title game for them tricky????

that is a benefit for the SEC most years but it may prevent the game we need to see for the national title!!! Bama v Gators

Need Twelve Teams for a Conference Game...............They only have 11 teams in the Big 10???

ShamrockIV
11-04-2008, 09:55 AM
Need Twelve Teams for a Conference Game...............They only have 11 teams in the Big 10???

tricky even in florida that math does not add up!!!!! :rolleyes:

maybe they need another cupcake team to make it at least the big 11.5

trickskier
11-04-2008, 10:07 AM
tricky even in florida that math does not add up!!!!! :rolleyes:

maybe they need another cupcake team to make it at least the big 11.5

Sham notice how cleaver they are to post the #11 in their logo................8p

ShamrockIV
11-04-2008, 10:18 AM
Sham notice how cleaver they are to post the #11 in their logo................8p

i would not say it was clever. seems to me it would be easier to just add another cupcake to play!! then not only could u beat another cupcake during the season but you could beat them up during the title game too!!

maybe call them the vanilla and chocolate divisions!!!!:D

stuartmcnair
11-04-2008, 02:54 PM
Florida and Alabama will probably play for the National Championship. There will. however, be a final scrimmage for the best SEC team to allow the Penn State defense to work on their sprint times.

trickskier
11-04-2008, 03:29 PM
Florida and Alabama will probably play for the National Championship. There will. however, be a final scrimmage for the best SEC team to allow the Penn State defense to work on their sprint times.

Couldn't have said it better myself.................:D

ShamrockIV
11-05-2008, 09:02 AM

funny but oh so true!!!

hey stuart thanks again for the bama hat!!! looks like i brought u guys some luck!!:D

captain planet
11-05-2008, 10:27 AM
Funny Captain Planet is a Penn State fan now?? thought he was one of theose ohio state flunkies!!

gators are playing the best right now. i sure wish i had a ticket to the game in atlanta!! it WILL be the best game of the year!!

First, not a front runner always a Buckeyes fan. I have respect for Penn State, always have. I have respect for all the Big 10 teams (except one of course!) so when OSU is not top dog in the B10 then I root for the best team in the B10 to win all they can (except michigan of course).

.....didn't southern michigan get beat by Ole Miss? Oh that's right, that was 5 weeks ago, the sec crowd has short term memory when it comes to losses, but can't forget OLD wins :rolleyes:

also tech will not win the table. no way penn state couls beat UF or BAMA right now. I would take either LSU or dogs UGA team over them right now!!

Your right, T.Tech will not run the table. They will fall in the next two weeks, but LSU or UGA over Penn State right now? You're crazy! UGA got thier arses handed to them last week and LSU got smoked as well a few games ago so what are you basing this on? :confused:

I like how Penn State and Wisconsin (and michigan) have beat SEC opponents in the last two bowl seasons, but nobody wants to talk about that.

captain planet
11-05-2008, 10:37 AM

Couldn't have said it better myself.................:D

funny but oh so true!!!

hey stuart thanks again for the bama hat!!! looks like i brought u guys some luck!!:D

Hey fellas, how about asking the LSU defense about Beanie Wells speed.....oh I forgot you would rather forget about that.

trickskier
11-07-2008, 02:34 PM
College Football Anyone???

GO GATORS!!!

captain planet
11-07-2008, 02:58 PM
Everyone repeat the Northwestern fight chant with me....

".....it's alright, that's OK, you'll be working for us someday!" :D

trickskier
11-07-2008, 03:44 PM
Hey fellas, how about asking the LSU defense about Beanie Wells speed.....oh I forgot you would rather forget about that.

Didn't help...................Luckeyes still lost...................;)

lanier92prostar
11-07-2008, 04:02 PM

How about asking OSU's offensive line about LSU's and UF's defensive line speed:D

captain planet
11-07-2008, 05:10 PM
How about asking OSU's offensive line about LSU's and UF's defensive line speed:D

I would argue that if we would have had a little better coaching against LSU we would have used that against them.

When we played southern michigan, we just didn't show up....kind of like when southern michigan didn't show up against Ole Miss a few weeks ago.

atlfootr
11-07-2008, 07:36 PM
College Football Anyone???

ALWAYS :rolleyes:
GO NOLES !!! :D