PDA

View Full Version : Bimini Help!

Wake190
06-29-2012, 07:58 PM
I've been looking at bimini tops and I'm curious what you guys would recommend for my ProStar 190 and/or Monster Tower MTE. I'm kind of leaning towards the Taylor Made Tower Bimini mounted on the back legs of the tower. Any experience or advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for the help! I don't post often, but really enjoy this site. Full of great info.

Adam

http://http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_Pr9D58FhIig/SlqfH78OwxI/AAAAAAAABEM/JWlaBgq7KWk/s1600-h/IMG_3706.JPG

Double D
06-29-2012, 08:37 PM
I have a 205 with a MT original and a Bimini mounted to the back legs. The Bimini doesn't cover to the windshield but you should be better off than me. I can throw up a better side picture tomorrow after I am home.

Wake190
06-29-2012, 08:57 PM
Thanks Double D. What brand and/or size bimini is that? I like the way it fits, especially with the speakers and mirror.

What color do you guys think I should go with? Burgundy? Grey? Black?

petermegan
06-29-2012, 10:56 PM
Sorry Double D, don't want to knock your boat, nice set up. I just think your bimini is way to far back and doesn't seem as if it would protect the driver much. Stops your engine cover fading though! Sorry to be critical but trying to be constructive. Cheers.

Double D
06-30-2012, 12:03 AM
Sorry Double D, don't want to knock your boat, nice set up. I just think your bimini is way to far back and doesn't seem as if it would protect the driver much. Stops your engine cover fading though! Sorry to be critical but trying to be constructive. Cheers.

Yep I agree, thats what I said. However, when you get down to the nuts of it it covers the driver OK. The actual gap is only about 8" to 10" in the horizontal plain and the engine cover is barely touched. Thats why side pictures will explain it better.

Double D
06-30-2012, 12:04 AM
Thanks Double D. What brand and/or size bimini is that? I like the way it fits, especially with the speakers and mirror.

What color do you guys think I should go with? Burgundy? Grey? Black?

I will have to check my info when I get back home. Please hold... :D I'm thinking burgundy...

petermegan
06-30-2012, 12:46 AM
Goodo Double D, over here in OZ we need to keep out of the sun or end up crispo. I agree with the Burgundy, match the lettering. Cheers.

dmminfla
06-30-2012, 07:55 AM
I mounted mine inside the windshield so it can be used with or without the tower up. Full shade for driver and observer. We get crispo down here also.

Table Rocker
06-30-2012, 11:02 AM
The '96 SD's I have seen came with burgundy canvas.